image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6959 7 years ago

Spent a full day with the game today and having a great time. My top wishlist items for the code have already been mentioned:

Quoted from tmontana:

-Have an option in the menu for "Disable tilt on coin door open" and an option for "Coin door ball saver", these are both necessary if using the game in a tournament and a ball is stuck.

Quoted from robertmee:

Definitely agree that living dead girl needs to be a stackable mode. And definitely agree there needs to be a running counter for 1000 corpses.
Also the extra ball needs something. Always puzzled when the machine seems to go dead for several seconds.

As for the physical aspects of the game I've been dialing it in, tweaking the pitch and coil strengths and the number of air balls / stuck balls has gone down dramatically. Hopefully, I can get that number down a little further. The VUK is touchy, wish I knew anything about 3D printing so I could make the piece that keeps it from shooting the ball through the wire-form on higher power levels. Leaf switches on the slingshots need tweaking too.

All that said, I think this is a stellar game. It's a dream theme for me with art and sound that do it justice. The game's modes are inventive and the layout is completely strange but it works.

#6980 7 years ago

Here's mine setup. I've got the Pinball Refinery art blades and lighting kit on order.

rz (resized).jpgrz (resized).jpg

#6982 7 years ago

v17 also adds in half steps for some of the coils - for example the VUK can be set to 4.5.

1 week later
#7090 7 years ago

When the lane switch error occurs - I'm fine with the game stopping, I just wish that if eject is manually corrected the game would try resume play. Two scenarios I can think of that would be the things that should trick a resume:;

1) Door opened
2) A lane switch hit
3) The remaining balls in trough on the corrected switches
4) Door closed

1a) Any playfield switch is hit, when not in multiball

Either of these would be a big improvement over the current lock down.

#7091 7 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

When the lane switch error occurs - I'm fine with the game stopping, I just wish that if eject is manually corrected the game would try resume play. Two scenarios I can think of that would be the things that should trick a resume:;
1) Door opened
2) A lane switch hit
3) The remaining balls in trough on the corrected switches
4) Door closed
1a) Any playfield switch is hit, when not in multiball
Either of these would be a big improvement over the current lock down.

Just flashed to v18 and looked at the release notes - seems like this just got taken care of.

1 week later
#7136 7 years ago

Is it normal to always have to hold the button under the spooky ghost on main board when doing an update?

#7138 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No. The update process doesn't require pressing any buttons on the driver board.

Mine won't boot if I do the update as described on the website, but works fine if I hold the button on the board when I turn it on. The only annoying part about this is it does a factory reset so I lose high scores and have to turn adult mode back on. Not sure if anybody else has this problem.

#7142 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What software version were you guys updating from? I have only done one update so far from V16 to V18 so my experience is limited.

I've through from v15, v16, v17, to v18. Each time I had to hold the button on the board down. Each time I've e-mailed Charlie to let him know and he's gotten back to me very quickly.

#7144 7 years ago

"We think we know why but it's more on the board engineering side. Possible adding a pull up resistor to future boards"

#7153 7 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

I don't post often but just want to say, If you have any issues or questions just email Charlie. He is always very quick to respond, and beyond helpful. I goofed up my trough when my playfield slipped and he was there to check in with every step of the way till the problem was solved.
Love the games or not your style, you can't deny, spooky is a class act, humble and always takes the high road. I love what they have done and can't wait to see where they go with the next game.
I personally love this game, and it's differences, it reminds me of late 80s early 90s pinball that got me hooked in the first place.
Thanks for taking the risk and always being so easy to work with.

Couldn't agree more with this. I couldn't be more pleased with every interaction I've had with Charlie.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7166 7 years ago

Couple of features I'd like to see added to the software:

Reply Award Setting: Sets the award given for reaching the Reply Score. Choices are "Credit" (default), "Extra Ball", "Extra Ball Lit", and None.

Ball Save on Door Open: Yes/No Option, when Yes if the coin door is open ball saver is active. When the coin door is shut, ball saver will time out as if the ball was just plunged for the first time.

Tilt Disabled on Door Open: Yes/No Option. If the door is open, the game will not tilt.

The two door options are useful in tournament play to deal with a ball getting stuck with minimal interruption to play. The reply award is an option I use on my Williams/Stern games at home to give reply some 'value' since they're on free play and thus a credit is meaningless.

1 month later
#7491 7 years ago

I streamed some games on my Rob Zombie last night:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125709682

Check it out, like, follow, blatant shilling, etc...

#7508 7 years ago

The super skill shot has a lot of luck in it, but I hit it a couple of times in the stream - twice in one game. So it's do-able, it's just easily repeatable.

Shameless Plug!:

Pinball Undesirables:
https://twitch.tv/pinballundesirables
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjYbdHQdkLJRXNMELiUOB-w
https://www.facebook.com/PinballUndesirables

Like, Subscribe, Follow, or whatever it is on the platform - or thumbs down if you think it sucks.

#7509 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Love the skill shot on this game....but dang, those orbit shots are not easy-peasy.

Left orbit isn't bad, it's right orbit that's hard, with the targets to the right of the right orbit being damn near impossible. It pretty much takes a lucky bounce to hit them.

#7515 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

During H1k corpses multiball last night, a ball got stuck coming out of the trough, and the game went dead. Even unsticking the ball did not solve the issue, still completely dead with the operator screen stuck on. So I rebooted the game. It did come back to life after the reboot but my right flipper is dead. I assume it blew the flipper fuse, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

I *think* when the game goes dead if a flipper is powered it remains powered - which is a real problem because that's how you blow a fuse. In my stream, this happens a couple of times, and the flipper stays up when the game locks so you know it powered. The question is, is it at "hold" power or "flip" power. When I open the door the flipper falls since opening the door depowers the high voltage lines.

#7542 7 years ago

Got my custom shooter rod installed - looks amazing.

custom_rbsi_shooter (resized).jpgcustom_rbsi_shooter (resized).jpg

#7546 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

looks GREAT!. One off, or can we purchase somewhere. Not a fan of big moulded heads on shooter rods, they look good but feel awful when you plunge, this would be sweet though.

It feels perfect. It's slightly larger than a standard plunger knob but it's the same shape. It was a special order from Modelvisionary @ https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1057-super-skill-shot-shop - Not sure if he'll do more of them.

#7588 7 years ago

Had some friends over and streamed Rob Zombie - I'm not sure if this is a pinball video with drinking or a drinking video with pinball...

4 weeks later
#7834 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Great mod, very happy with the quality work Modelvisionary Thanks

Glad to see Modelvisionary got to make another. It was too pretty for my machine to be the only machine to have one.

5 months later
#9225 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V21 is being moved out of beta. If you have the apron mod and didn't use the latest beta, v21 fixes the mode/drain freeze issue.
The next version to come will be dedicated to an "instant info" type screen when you hold the flippers. I finally have a system worked out that doesn't screw everything up.
RZ UPDATE V21 - 8/31/2017
Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly
Fixed - AV now at V008, random read error
Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine
Fixed - mode select now works when using infected mode
Fixed - LDG gets progressively harder after getting to the 4th round
Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist
Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.
Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.
Update - servo adjustments going down would roll to 255 instead of 12
Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1
Update - upper flippers will be forced off anytime they aren't needed
Update - Save light forced off after collecting 500 corpse in 1000c
Update - Balls search on start up kicks ball from lane instantly
Updated - "move your bra" removed. only uses "pop your top".
Updated - Robot now moves in ball search
Updated - Lightning mode strobes left orbit instead of blinking the hurryup
Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

Great! I was already planning on playing mine for my Sunday stream and now I get to do it with new code.

1 year later
#10316 4 years ago

I've had a lot of trouble keeping the center ramp switch from snapping. The ball slams into the thing pretty hard so it seems inevitable that it would, but given my game is HUO and I don't play it constantly, it seems like they should last a bit longer. When I first got the game and each time I've replaced the switch I always find I have to bend it to get it more in the path of the ball and to get it to fit through the slot in the ramp and move freely. I suspect that bending it is what's causing it to take so much abuse, but if I don't it's really hard to get it to register hits.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any recommendations?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 210.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=pbu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.