image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabol420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4414 8 years ago

Hi fawzma, I played the game this weekend at tpf, it was a lot of fun. I am in on #212 and can't wait to get my game.

One concern I have is with the large amount of air balls caused by the stand up targets. It got so bad that I lost 4 balls during my 2 game plays, due to an air ball flying across the whole table and into the drain. I know this is a design issue and up to he spooky team to correct, but I wonder if you could in some code to help this.

I was thinking something similar to Indiana jones, where if a ball falls into the trough, but not a single outlane switch was activated, the game recognizes it was an air ball and kicks out a ball save for the user. Is it a possibility that something like this could be added?

#4420 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

You can say that again!
On a more serious note, how would you be able to tell the difference between an airball and a center drain?

That's a good question. I wonder how it is able to tell the difference in Williams Indiana jones, the machine seems to be able to tell when those center drops cause an outlane air ball drain and corrects for it every time. Perhaps someone wiser than me can chime in here.

I hope this gets discussed more, doesn't seem like anyone is talking about it yet, but it seems like a very BIG deal, every game I watched or played in had at least 1 air ball drain.

#4422 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I guess, if a certain shot never causes a drain without first hitting a switch, then you can assume such an occurrence is due to an airball and resurrect the ball. I don't know if this is the case in RZ.

So maybe if the game reads a switch hit on any of the stand ups in the back left of the game, doesn't record any other switches, and it sees a drain, detect air ball and resurrect? I would think a center drain from those stand ups would most likely hit another switch befor going down.

Obviously would be better if there was a physical fix, but not sure what could be done other than dropping flipper strength or putting plastics over the tops of the stand ups to deflect the ball back down.

1 month later
#4847 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Lol. I have a Mac Pro. Didn't really know the others had the SD slot. Figures.

All the Mac pros made in the last 5 years have SD card slots. The only one that does not, is the super brand new, champagne colored Mac pro. Those only have USB C. If you have one of those, i'm jealous

#4848 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Yes. If you are kind to Kayte and provide her with $90, you will receive this in the mail in a couple days. I should have asked if i Could purchase a standard translite as well.

You can get a standard, the key, like you said, is be nice to Kayte

9 months later
#7510 7 years ago

Hi Fawzma, I have a couple questions for you. I recently recieved my #212, and overall, very few issues. However, I have noticed two things:
1. If a ball gets hung up trying to launch out of the trough into the shooter lane, the entire game goes dead and the screen tells the user to have the operator check the lane switch. This has become very annoying when in a multiball, it kills the entire game, and does that. Seems like a rough way to handle a simple stuck ball. Any thoughts on changing this?

2. During H1k corpses multiball last night, a ball got stuck coming out of the trough, and the game went dead. Even unsticking the ball did not solve the issue, still completely dead with the operator screen stuck on. So I rebooted the game. It did come back to life after the reboot but my right flipper is dead. I assume it blew the flipper fuse, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

I was actually planning on putting this game on route on Saturday, and I am glad I noticed #2 happening before I did that. I will hold on to it at home for a few more weeks to try and work the bugs out. For what its worth, I am still on version 17 of the code, planning to upgrade it to 19 tonight. Is it possible that both of these items are happening because I am on old code?

Thanks for all the support you have shown! I am truly a happy customer, and this game is a blast.

#7528 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

update to 19.. between 17 and 19 there was a focus on fixing what you ran into.

Thanks! Once I updated, it was as smooth as glass, no more issues. So much so, that its up on route now and people are loving it!

One feature I would love to see added, and I'm not sure if its already been brought up, is additional settings for the CHOP ball save. It would be great to leave the feature turned on, but then be able to specify how many times you can use it per ball or per game. My thoughts are to have it turned on, but limited to one CHOP save a ball.

#7539 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't you ever want to see Hellbound?
rd

Haha, of course, if it were in my home. But now that its out on route, I saw several 20+ minute games in a row, I had to turn the feature off, game will get destroyed and people will get bored before it earns 5 bucks. Just a thought, would be a great as an option, there for us people that need it

1 week later
#7633 7 years ago

I had another weird issue crop up on my route game today. I went in to fix the trough ball switch 1, as the microswitch had completely failed. Went ahead and replaced it and went into the switch test, everything is working perfectly, including the new switch. No switches stuck on, every switch reading fine. I go ahead and play a game, and get What! started and complete it and start the multiball. The whole time I am wondering, where is my second ball that dropped from the upper playfield? Then I started to smell it. That dreaded smell of a burnt coil. Turned the game off and lifted the playfield to find that the coil that controls the inner orbit up post was completely melted. Apparently it had locked on during that game until it fried itself.

I went into the switch edge test to see if something was stuck on, but nothing was. So, I went ahead and disconnected the coil so people can still play it tonight. It is possible that I just had a bad coil that needed replaced, but before I put a new one in, I thought I would post here to see what people thought. Any ideas what might have caused this? I only have 1 replacement 27-1200 coil, so if I install the new one and it does it again, ill have to wait a week while new ones get shipped to me, so I want to make sure I have done everything I can on my side before I put the new one in.

IMG_0738 (resized).jpgIMG_0738 (resized).jpg

#7634 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I had another weird issue crop up on my route game today. I went in to fix the trough ball switch 1, as the microswitch had completely failed. Went ahead and replaced it and went into the switch test, everything is working perfectly, including the new switch. No switches stuck on, every switch reading fine. I go ahead and play a game, and get What! started and complete it and start the multiball. The whole time I am wondering, where is my second ball that dropped from the upper playfield? Then I started to smell it. That dreaded smell of a burnt coil. Turned the game off and lifted the playfield to find that the coil that controls the inner orbit up post was completely melted. Apparently it had locked on during that game until it fried itself.
I went into the switch edge test to see if something was stuck on, but nothing was. So, I went ahead and disconnected the coil so people can still play it tonight. It is possible that I just had a bad coil that needed replaced, but before I put a new one in, I thought I would post here to see what people thought. Any ideas what might have caused this? I only have 1 replacement 27-1200 coil, so if I install the new one and it does it again, ill have to wait a week while new ones get shipped to me, so I want to make sure I have done everything I can on my side before I put the new one in.

In case anyone is curious, the issue is now fixed. I had to put a new coil in and new IRL540 mosfet in the driver board. Not sure if it was a bad coil that took out the mosfet or if it was a bad mosfet that took out the coil. Either way, it's all fixed and playing great again!

#7636 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What version are you running?

Version 19. Charlie assured me that it wasn't a code issue as he said you have placed safeguards around the code to ensure something like this doesn't happen. I am chalking it up to that .1% failure rate of electrical components.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
8,000 (OBO)
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabol420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=parabol420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.