Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#511 4 years ago

I felt the art, theme and sounds on AMH left something to be desired. This pin is sure to improve on all of the above.

#513 4 years ago

If you guys can nail the layout and the code, this is going to be something special.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I don't see why so many are all going on about only 300 made. Its simple if you think you want the game send a email to kt its that easy. Once you see the game then make it final or cancel it b4 you put down the $1000

I think buyers have to pony up $1000 once the art package is revealed, not once the pin is revealed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3 months later
#1089 4 years ago

That's all we get to see? What a tease!

Played AMH for the first time the other day and it's a very respectable first effort. Looked great. Played great. Sounded great. Well built. A few too many ball hang-up spots, but nothing a good nudge couldn't fix. All-in-all a very cool pin!

Hopefully they minded the ball hang ups a bit more for pin #2.

#1116 4 years ago

I knew Horley would kill it. Best translite ever! Can't wait to see the rest.

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

ive got a feeling not going to be many spots open at the end of the day on this pin.

All spots were filled shortly after the announcement and I've heard the wait list is a mile long. They are only making 300.

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

I should have been more clear.i don't see many back-outs on this pin.i don't see people dropping out or selling spot.demand far more than supply so even to find used later may cost plenty.we got on early as this a dream theme for my sons.

I agree. If you're not near the top of the wait list you're probably S.O.L.

1 week later
#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

I love pinball and I love Rob Zombie music. But I don't have time to keep up with pinside on a regular basis. There are just to many posts. To be a real fan do I need to follow pinside on a daily basis too? No. I missed the initial announcement. Sucks. Is what it is. Super fan loses out... Disappointed about it all.
Spooky doesn't have to be greedy with pricing as some have suggested. His #150 was for charity. I wonder what would happen if he baked in $2,000 to his final 20 machines for charity? Or how about $500 on every machine? It's simply supply and demand. Nice position with all this demand to pile on for charity. Would be great to see this.

Don't sweat it. You can still buy one. You just won't be the initial recipient.

1 month later
#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

16" LED backlit LCD panel simulating 128x32 "pixels" at 256 colors. Uses a custom PCB and FPGA, connects to pinHeck system via standard DMD cable.
Animations now run at 30 FPS (instead of 15 FPS on AMH, now it has a smooth look like BOP 2.0) or the system can run (2) different video streams as transparency layers at 15 FPS (great for video modes)
There will not be an AMH conversion kit.
More info soon! Yes the livestream is in January, but the reveal is a lot sooner than that, I hear!

Hot damn! On one hand I think I spend too much time on Pinside. On the other hand if I wasn't on here so much I never would've landed a spot for this pin.

1 week later
#3035 4 years ago

I like the built-in RGB LED strips in the AMH cabinet. I was hoping to see them on RZ as well. They would've helped the sides to look less bare. I'll have to slap on some side mirrors or something.

The metal apron with the color-changing ghost cut out on AMH was a nice touch, too. Bummer.

Really can't complain though. In exchange we're getting better art, better display, better music & call outs, etc.

2 months later
#4246 3 years ago

Looks like their big 10" woofer. Kick ass!

1 week later
#4289 3 years ago

Slap on some Pingulps to keep the workers hydrated.

1 month later
#4530 3 years ago

The lit toys definitely look cool. Not sure if they're $200 cool. Curious to see what lit fried chicken looks like.

2 weeks later
#4600 3 years ago

It would be helpful to see comparison pics of the standard LEDs vs the +$80 LEDs, installed of course.

#4632 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

So the question sound like
If we upgrade to the new replacment toys, do we receive the toys included with the original purchase as well?
Seems like a fair question that Spooky could easily answer

Seems to me you're simply paying to get your toys lit up, not paying for a second set of toys.

1 week later
#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Any interest in trading a RZLE plus some cash for an excellent condition Big Bang Bar?
PM me.

Curious how much cash. Guessing $10k.

Beautiful BBB, by the way.

5 months later
#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

well...
just got my Rob Zombie pinball. Very excited...
but... the delivery guy refused to bring it into house. 3 steps up to front door.
So now, at 12:50pm (middle of day), I'm stuck at home with a boxed pinball machine sitting outside in the middle of the driveway. He just left it outside & drove off.
sh!tty delivery service. Never in 20 years have I had that happen for pins, vids or anything.

NIB delivery is typically curbside. Not "shitty". Normal.

Cut the straps, take if off the pallet and hand truck it inside yourself, or at least into the garage. Piece of cake.

#6360 3 years ago

Have any of you guys put your RZ on location? I've never routed a boutique pin before and I'm not sure it's a good idea. I could use some feedback.

Is RZ earning well? As well as the other top dogs such as Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, etc?

Has it been mechanically reliable?

Is the code far enough along and not too buggy?

Are you dealing with many lost or stuck balls, resets, flakey switches, or other problems?

I'd love to put one out there and share it, but not at the expense of excessive technician calls and/or sub par earnings for a pricey (and rare) new pin. I just don't know if it will hold up, or earn, like a Stern.

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you want to route the game let Charlie know. He will ensure there's room for a coin box and he may also pre-wire the harness for a DBV.

Very good to know!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every location and game is different, but the RZ that was in the location near me didn't last 3 months. Never earned well, and couldn't get it dialed in. Well out earned by GOT GB KISS LOTR

Quoted from dkazz1:

A couple of the operators I've heard from that are AMOA members and own a Spooky pin are very satisfied with the purchase, their exact words were "built like a tank and easily serviceable". Also said "earning just as well as any other newer stern"

#6390 3 years ago

Anybody install the shaker motor yet? Would you recommend it?

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't know if you have received you game yet but be ready too install anti vibration tape and enjoy. No shaker needed it shakes enough

Haven't received it yet. Maybe the FF 10" is plenty. I'll wait and see.

1 week later
#6485 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life shaker motor? Do you recommend it for this title? I have no clue how well of how often it is utilized.

I'm definitely getting the knocker kit. I'm undecided on the shaker motor.

1 month later
#6700 3 years ago

Defintely get the knocker. Still evaluating the shaker integration.

#6715 3 years ago

The more I play mine the more I like it. At first I thought it was pretty fun. Now that I understand it better it's actually a very good pin. The modes are very unique and some are quite challenging. The 1000 corpses multiball kicks major ass. The video mode is hilarious. Getting to Hellbound is a tremendous challenge for very skilled players. I may never see it. Fun factor, humor and replayability are all very high. Build quality seems excellent. This is going to be a very sought after pin in a couple years. Get yours while the getting is good

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Sweet! Does the OCD make much of a difference on this game?

Personally, I wouldn't bother in a game designed with LEDs. I do recommend the pinball refinery lighting kit to brighten things up.

#6766 3 years ago

Is anyone else having weak shots to the inner orbit not making it out? This happens on mine and we either have to knock it free with another ball or tilt the pin from the side. A little shake or a slap won't free it.

Also, is anyone else getting funny tilts? Mine is finicky. I've seen death saves with no tilt and then very undeserved tilts. It seems like it's adjusted correctly. I've observed the bob and once it gets going it keeps going. It decays very slowly.

I consider these fairly minor issues. Overall the pin has been very reliable.

#6771 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They definitely still happen. No bob in the one I play and it phantom warns you all the time.

That's not right. You may have a wiring issue. Mine came with Gas switch wired backwards. The white/grey wire was soldered to the wrong end. Understandable mistake since the Chicken and Gas switch are mounted in opposite directions. Anyway, that one mistaked caused lots of malfunctions and false activity with the other switches in the row, including the tilt, drop target, trough, etc. Once we identified the problem during switch test it was an easy fix and all of the problems ceased. We still get the occasional funny tilt, not nearly to the same degree. It may just be an adjustment issue now.

Try testing the other switches in the same row or column as the tilt. See if any one triggers another on the switch matrix. On mine the ball trough switches would go blank when I pressed the gas switch. Looks for stuff like that. Charlie can email you the switch matrix guide.

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes. Mine would get tilt warnings all the time but they didn't seem to be triggered by the tilt bob. I would see them during game play but not in test mode. When I initially emailed support about this I was told that it was thought to be a software issue. I later looked at the voltage across the tilt bob with an oscilloscope. This is a 3.3V signal that is grounded when the tilt bob hits the ring. When the game is in operation there was a lot of noise. In my game the cables for the tilt bob were routed (and in some areas tightly bound to) the same wires that were carrying high voltage to the solenoids. I rerouted the cables so that the low voltage bundle that goes to the tilt bob was separated from the high voltage cables. In addition I put a ferrite core on each end of these cables. This greatly reduced the noise and eliminated the issue.

I guess that explains it. Thank you for taking the time to post this!

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Crazy so many cancelled and backed out .... also alot of them for sale on pinside. Was thinking the next title from spooky wld double in production size but not so sure now.

Being that the pin kicks ass, I tend think a lot of the cancellations were due to people not having the scratch when it came due and/or speculators realizing they would not be able to quick flip it for a big profit.

If you are getting bored of TZ and like fast, challenging, rare and beautiful pins I say go for it. If Superpins with lots of interactive toys, ramps and mechanisms are your favorite don't do it.

#6821 3 years ago

The game as it sits with V15 code is great. I am a strong believer that it's going to get even better with further code updates. fawzmagames has been nothing but stellar by being open to customer feedback and implementing suggestions into future code updates in addition to any other changes he may be working on.
When I hear people say they are not sure about buying the game because they see some for sale, I think that's a bit cowardly and they need to make decisions for themselves. As Spooky said, buy the game because you like it, period.

I totally agree with the latter comment. Bailing just because you see some other people bailing, without knowing why they're bailing, is a bit silly. And it's extra lame to leave Spooky holding the bag on your personally customized game after fully committing to the purchase. If I recall correctly, the time to back out was when the $1000 hard deposits were due. I'm really glad Spooky was financially strong enough to survive this wave of herd mentality types and welchers. I'd be immensely disappointed if it sunk them. They are my favorite Stern alternative.

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The game kicks but and it so fast it makes iron man feel slow,I love mine,just wish Could hit the right orbit

How about those two X targets just below it? I think those are even harder. Seriously, how do you hit those during that mode where you must hit every switch?

3 weeks later
#7025 3 years ago

I can't believe I went 6 weeks without noticing the Subwoofer setting on the amp was turned to almost zero. I just turned it up a bit and man, what a difference! Even 50% was rattling the glass and overpowering the other pins in the arcade.

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

This bug is a known issue. It started for me after installing version 15 and does it 100% of the time, I was going to install the new update, but it sounds like has not been fixed yet.

Running v.17. Mine exits the menu just fine.

3 weeks later
#7179 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This is happening in attract mode that sits for hours with no interaction, right? How many hours are we talking?

This happens on mine sometimes as well. I don' think it only occurs from sitting a long time. It happened on mine when I quickly exited from the menu the other day. It has happened on other occasions as well.

#7228 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Here's a couple of quick pictures of mirror blades in my RZ from https://PinballSideMirrors.com/. I really dig their side mirrors. They are high quality and aren't flimsy. I have them in my RFM/SWE1 also. Great packaging to make sure they arrive in one piece. Highly recommended.

Those look great. Which of their blades fit on Spooky pins? Stern? Williams? Didn't see an option for Spooky on their site.

#7258 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure completing 1000 Corpses awards a 50M bonus. I agree it's definitely where all the points are at.

#7318 2 years ago

My RZ gets stuck balls in the inner orbit as well. Only sometimes and only on weak shots. I think it's the switch. I've tried adjusting the switch more than once, and I'm pretty sure my adjustments have helped to lessen the frequency of occurences, but I have yet to find the sweet spot that cures the problem 100%. You can't bend the switch down too much or it won't register.

I do have 1 helpful tip though. There's a much easier way to free the ball. No need to remove the glass. Just left the pin a little bit from the right side (tilting toward the drop target side), set it back down and the ball will roll gently out. I can typically do this without tilting and continue playing the ball.

1 week later
#7447 2 years ago

Can somebody test their upper PF chicken and gasoline switches in the test menu and let me know if you see the same thing I am? When I press the gasoline switch #23 on the right all 7 of the trough switches turn off then turn back on when the gasoline switch is released. When I press the chicken switch #22 on the left it acts normally and doesn't affect the trough switches at all. I had a previous issue with the gasoline switch contacts bending and touching so I made sure that is not the case now. Just wondering why the trough switches disable when the gasoline switch is pressed in.

Sounds like your switch got wired backwords. Had the same problem on mine. Those 2 switches are mounted in opposite directions, so from the underside view the wires should be opposite as well.

#7499 2 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Decided this game is so kick arse that I will splash out and get the shaker motor. Really hanging for scoring to be evened out and jackpots to be displayed. This will be a killer game once code is finished so much so that I feel it will become quite sought after, as it just plays so differently to all modern games.

Good choice. Get the knocker too! Pinball Life has both.

1 month later
#7827 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just brought mine home, and it is WAY too dark. We like to play in a dark basement, and the wife kept complaining that she couldn't see the ball (I agree with her).
I've added spotlights on other games, but I've also seen that Pinball Refinery has their UV kit. Has anyone seen this in person? The pictures look purple, but people say that isn't representative. Is there much UV reactive paint in the game? I'm not sure what to expect that to look like.
I'm trying to decide whether I should go with that kit or just put spots everywhere.
Any opinions?

I bought this kit and highly recommend it. Adds the necessary brightness and looks great.

2 months later
#8555 2 years ago

I agree with Foxtj24. You waited this long and spent big money on it. Open that puppy and enjoy it first. The only sure thing to come from keeping it boxed is lost opportunity to enjoy it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside