image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 8 years ago

Theme and art package seem intruiging, but I'm holding my wallet until I see the layout and final design. I hope it's another success for Team Spooky!

1 week later
#711 8 years ago

On the list. I guess we'll all see when it's uncovered!

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mudflaps, Herg, me our game is almost all in . Jints did you email ?

I'm hoping it will be ready when I return from my 'vacation' next year. Mustang will probably have to go.... I hate to let it go, but I'll make my decision when I see the game.

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did Ben write the script? Is it 15 pages of ball jokes?

You've got a problem with your balls!

2 months later
#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've heard it's hardly changed at all from Pinball Zombies, Chuck wants to put that game out. So I guess we'll just see. I never shot the original, just watched video of it. If it plays anything like the video I'm dropping out, no matter how great the art looks.
But I'm really hoping that's not the case.
I'm sticking to my guns on all new pins. Too expensive? Over it. Not gonna buy a TBL even though I think it looks incredible. Art shitty? There will be no GOT in my garage. Don't dig the theme? Pass on Kiss. Not fun to play with good rules? Not buying, no matter how nice it looks.
There's a whole world of other pins to play out there, at these new prices you gotta give me everything, or I'm walking away.
As for Expo, it's Terry's party or bust I guess, no Spooky at Expo is what I thought.

Wish I thought like that, but I get wide saucer eyes with new toys. I'm a total consumer.

#1023 8 years ago

I'm on the list and pretty excited. Short of a dog turd as the main toy, I'm looking forward to getting this one in my gameroom.

I also feel like going with a boutique is kind of 'sticking it to the man' which is great.

Now let's see the goddamn game!

1 week later
#1062 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1067 8 years ago

Looks good! I'm curious how much will be House of 1,000 Corpses or Devils Rejects vs his music library.

1 week later
#1165 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

If it is 100% ready (minus code) it will be at Expo... if not, it will be a few weeks later for the complete reveal. Doing the best we can, but showing unfinished product is something I don't ever want to do again.
Just glad you're liking the glass art! Alex is insanely talented, and I hope we get to do lots more games with him.

Take your time (so I can work on my deposit money)

1 month later
#1458 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The only drama here is trying to decide which game gets bumped once Zombie ships.

Card Whiz

#1459 8 years ago

Bring on the art!

#1473 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Again, no love for the Card Whiz? I can get by with a 9th machine with it because it kinda fits on the other side of the room. Getting rid of it would not really free up a spot for RZSSI.
I'm leaning toward TOTAN at the moment, but I still have time to decide. My wife says MET, but nobody in their right mind would get rid of MET, right Mudflaps?

I sold Met to fund a CQ Card Whiz but a nice one hasn't popped up yet. Let me know if you have any leads.

3 weeks later
#1978 8 years ago

Looks great! Unfortunately, I'm out, but Spooky should sell these out with zero problems.

Congrats to future owners, the game looks legit.

1 year later
#7639 7 years ago

Dumb question alert: can you change the songs? If so, what's the degree of difficulty vs using pinball browser?

#7641 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pinball Browser does not support Pinheck. The songs are just .wav files, you could try swapping them on the SD card.

Yeah, I know PB doesn't support Spooky, but I'm glad the songs are just wav files. I was jamming to White Zombie today and imagining those tunes on RZ.

#7660 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you replace wav files directly on the card sounds and graphics won't work the way you think it will due to fragmentation

Can you be more specific? Changing songs is an important factor whe I buy a game. I love RZ and would just like to cycle some new tunes to keep the game fresh.

#7662 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

This is back to the issue where people were bricking their boards because they didn't follow the flash instructions to the letter. I think what David is saying is that you'd need to be very deliberate in the order of your steps when trying such an operation. What I take from that is that you'd want to extract the files destined for the SD card into a folder on your computer, make the WAV file changes as desired and then copy the whole mess onto a freshly formatted SD card so that the files would be contiguously written. Can't just replace the files on the card itself or they get fragmented and then the flash process fails.

Perfect, thanks

#7691 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In a normal game sure, but this isn't normal
There is a mode I removed for the time being called Infected. If you beat a mode, then replay it, but fail to beat it again; you go into an infected state.

Cool idea!

#7737 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I do not see much glare on my playfield glass. Ohh wait I have invisaglass on mine.
I also have the LCD OCD, it's awesome. I filled the game with warm quads from pinball life. Everything except the red arrows. It looks awesome. The warm whites keep the color artwork looking good on the playfield.

Upload a picture if you get a chance. I'd like to see warm whites with the game.

#7771 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Find the quote where spooky says this, and I'll stop working on the game and call it done
Please note the wink, as this was a joke response.

One of the reasons I just purchased RZ was the code commitment and responsiveness to ideas and criticism. Keep it up!

#7781 7 years ago

#148 is home!

IMG_1661 (resized).JPGIMG_1661 (resized).JPG

IMG_1662 (resized).JPGIMG_1662 (resized).JPG

#7785 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

You mean 248?
If not where has that been hiding?

Purchased through a Spooky distributor. Not sure of the back story, but the box had bloody handprints.

#7789 7 years ago

All set up now. Having a blast so far!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7794 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Nice! Where'd you find that topper?

[email protected]

He'll let you know when they're back in stock.

#7798 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In case it was missed on my fb page, there will be an apron display mod coming.

Cool. Does that do video or is it just a backlit card?

#7801 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Does video, and will interact with the game.

Sounds awesome. Please post video or price point when it's ready.

#7863 7 years ago

@fawzmagames, any chance of doing a mini-wizard mode after completing the 4 sub-modes? I think that might open the aperture of the game for something semi-achievable.

#7865 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd like to see maybe different "levels/tiers" of Living Dead Girl mode. I end up starting it a lot more than I'd prefer trying to lock balls and just thru basic game play. Might be more fun if it had like a 2-3 tiered modes to it that were different along the way. Different objectives for the 2nd/3rd time you start it in a game.

Agreed. I've started LDG inadvertently when trying to hit the drop target for 1K Corpses.

Also, do the Corpses carry over if you start 1K Corpses again? For instance, if I collect 700 Corpses, will I only need 300 if I start the mode again?

If not, I'd recommend that the Corpses carry over. It's a tough mode to finish.

#7868 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think what I have to do is make LDG progressive. Because once its beat, it takes more hits of those targets to get it started.
Or, once the mode end, don't let it start again unless you complete some other task.
H1KC does carry over.
mudflaps mini-wizards are still on the table

Great to hear. One last suggestion and I'll shut up.

Capt Spaulding taunts me constantly. During the mini-wizard mode, wouldn't it be great to get him back? 'Bitch Slap a Clown' or 'Fuck Capt Spaulding's Grandma' or something along those lines.

Whatever it takes to hit the start button one more time to silence that SOB!

#7873 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Really? Thanks.
Did take those 2 out but it didn't move that much - presumed it may have been flipper keeping it down?

Yeah, you have to remove the flipper to lift the mini playfield.

#7910 7 years ago

I added all CT retro LEDs with mirror blades and spotlights. Still dark, but absolutely playable in a dark room.

This game rocks, by the way.

#7938 7 years ago

One mode and sub mode away from Hellbound. 2 super skill shots in one game. And then of course I choked.

Factory settings... and a gentlemanly tilt setting.

IMG_1675 (resized).JPGIMG_1675 (resized).JPG

#7941 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What illuminates Hurry Up? Played a decent 40mil game today, and on ball 1 completed LDG, Dragula, AW and What!. After What! the Hurry Up lit and stayed lit the rest of the game. Never did I see the mode select again on the left orbit. The mode select did work when I shot the ball to the upper PF, but the Hurry Up stayed lit the rest of the game. Every once and awhile it would go out for a few seconds then come right back on.
Incidentally, by the end of the game I was shy Ho1K and Demenoid....I sure wish there was something in the Demonoid mode that would spot those two upper right blue targets....takes pure luck to get them.

Finishing What! lights Red Hot. I think the hurry up is the shot to finish Red Hot, but I haven't been able to do that yet.

#7945 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

That's as close as I have been also . What was your final score for that game?

In the 60 million range. I think H1KC is the most lucrative mode if you can stay alive long enough.

#7946 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Red hot is completed while in the what multiball after completing what . It is the right orbit to complete red hot. Left orbit and hitting it in the captain spalding shot is a jackpot .

Good to know!

#7952 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here's something to aim for.
rd

That score is invalid without the Apron of Destiny photobombing.

#7960 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I have the opportunity to pick up the base model of this game and wanted to hear from those who've had it awhile. I'll start by saying I've only played one game of RZ so I don't have any relevant experience with it.
I own a GB Premium and TWD Pro and I've been told comparing RZ to either of those is apples and oranges (with the exception of they are all really tough games). I'm excited to get something new and different but before I pull the trigger, I was hoping I could get some input from those who've had it awhile.
I love the theme/audio/visuals of GB but could do without the linear ladder gameplay and strict reliance on the 6x multiplier to get anywhere on my leaderboard. I'm not crazy about the art or sounds on TWD, but the gameplay keeps me coming back for more with all of the different ways to tackle it.
In respect to those aspects above, how would you describe RZ? Do you plan on keeping it? Do you regret your purchase? Do you think it will hold value or even increase?
If I can make up my mind, I could have it as soon as 6 hours from now!

Don't worry about the value of the game. There are a lot on the market, but once the games have sold out and found their audience, the price should stabilize.

Yes, RZ and GB/TWD are apples and oranges. RZ is a fast, frantic mode based game with shallow/medium depth. The modes are varied and will only improve with regular updates. There are enough mods to dress up the game without being too flashy.

I elected to buy RZ because of Spooky's great support and service. Have a suggestion in code? Talk to Fawzma, and he'll respond. Plastic broken? Email KT and she'll have a new one in the mail the next day.

Full disclosure: RZ is the most R-rated game ever. It makes TWD look like Romper Room. If you don't mind bloody chopped off nuts or a clown threatening to fuck your grandmother, you'll love it.

Good luck with your choice!

#7989 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Other thing I noticed is what mode saving progress

Good news. Hopefully Infected makes it in there at some point.

#8008 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

My friend has a RZ. The upper playfield gets barely any playtime on it because the vuk spits it out quick and it usually ends up going to the right without giving the flipper a chance. Any tips to make this play better?

You could try adjusting the VUK coil settings. Also, I recommend a SuperBand.

#8052 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I just finished a small batch of the Chicken & Gas sign lamps. They are now available for purchase on my website http://www.timspinballmods.com Price is $16.99.
Thanks,
Tim

Ordered. Looks cool!

1 week later
#8140 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Infection mode sounds so awesome I would love to see it as an essential feature of the game, rather than triggered if a person chooses to replay mode over and over. Otherwise I would almost want to fail a mode to start infection mode!
Here is a suggestion that I would love to see.
1. Start mode. If completed in one go, move on.
2. If not completed mode progress saved.
3. When player goes back to try and finish mode for the second time, and fails......then infection mode is triggered!
Infection mode now becomes a major feature of the game and really distinguishes RZ from other games.

Great idea

#8144 6 years ago

Here's a quick PSA.

I had a 'Ball Missing' error after a game. I noticed during the game that some switches weren't registering. Went into the menu and saw switch 23 (Gas switch on upper playfield) was stuck.

Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back. Anyway, turns out an airball bent the switch diode and killed a string of switches.

I removed the ramp and upper playfield to bend the switch back. All is well again.

Just an FYI if anyone experiences the same thing.

#8148 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's been reported at least a half a dozen times already in this thread. Happened to me too. Hopefully Spooky is resolving the issue on the remaining games.

Derp. Well, anyway here's number 7.

1 week later
#8237 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I have adult auto set to on in the settings but its not too adulty. Am i doing something wrong or so immune to adult themes i dont even notice? lol

If Capt Spaulding tells you to go fuck yourself, you're good.

#8239 6 years ago

I said that kind of tongue in cheek. It's just a game call out.

To get into adult mode, go into game settings and make sure both audio and video are set to adult. If you do it right, Sherri Moon will say 'OK, but there's tits, ass, and a lot of fucking curse words in here.'

Also make sure you have V19.

#8274 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I am getting a list together of those interested in the mod.
http://www.fawzma.com/rz-apron-mod-info/

I'm interested, but it absolutely depends on price. If you can throw out a ballpark number, that would help.

#8278 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Same! Price will really matter, it's seems like a lot is going into this. RPI , LCD screen, new apron? I'm gonna guess it wont be cheap!
I'll take a wild guess and say $250ish.

That's probably close. I don't want to waste Fawzma's time by putting my name on the list if I'm priced out. $250 is probably my cutoff, but it looks like a great mod. I hope he sells a ton.

#8306 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This can play video just fine. What I can't do is include any with the mod. We had the Alice Copper pin trailer playing at MGC on this.
There is more to this mod that just seeing your score/ball, just gotta be patient. New video mode types.. head to head.. sensors..
And about the price.. 350-400 was going to be the original price, but decided on 300. Keep in mind, I am not building 100's of these at one time. At $150 I would be losing money.

Sounds cool! I look forward to more video of gameplay integration.

1 week later
#8422 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You can never have enough skeletons!

That gives me a boner. Get it??!!??

1 week later
#8489 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

-Why does the knocker go off twice for an extra ball, but once for a replay?

This bothers me too. Maybe a code update will fix?

1 week later
#8537 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

ok in need of a little help. Excuse me if this seems "Noobish" But this is only my second pin. I bought this underlighting kit from a vendor at a con. He said it might not be a direct plug and play on the RZ but definitely should be able to work just fine. So heres what im working with. Any help on how i should go about getting this to work would be appreciated.

No, not a direct plug and play. That's a typical Stern molex. With Spooky, you need a different adapter that plugs directly to the board.

You really have two options. You can buy all the parts from Pinball life which should be just a couple of bucks. I can link to what you need.

Or, you can mail me the undercab lights and I'm happy to do it for you. I did the same thing with the BriteButton LED flipper lights.

No big deal either way.

#8543 6 years ago

You need:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1590

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1594

Highly recommended (for additional items like shaker, topper, etc):

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

Cut existing molex. Using the IDC tool, attach red & black wires to appropriate location on connector. Plug into board.

#8602 6 years ago

RIP old Superpops animation.

Welcome *new* Superpops animation with -----> (.)(.)

#8699 6 years ago

Can we expect a code write-up, i.e. robots, Goober, etc.? You guys put a ton of work into the code, so it would be cool for a half a page or so of what to shoot for.

Great update, BTW. Puts a smile on my face that I spent my pin money wisely.

#8727 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

A negative I must comment on though is the headphone girl ABSOLUTELY AWFUL cringe worthy and out of keeping with the theme and over all style of the game I personally can not stand this cheap headphones advert style green screen animation.

I actually like her a lot. Much better than the old Superpop animation. It definitely 'feels' different than the rest of the game, but it's cool nonetheless.

1 week later
#8820 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

RZ162 finally lands in New Zealand, all the way from the TPF!
rd

I was close to buying that one. Glad it landed safe in good hands.

#8823 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Congrats. That means you will be not posting for a while?

Ha, no I like to spam the forum with my inane blathering.

I bought another NIB. Love it so far!

1 month later
#9065 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Ok. I'm either seeing a bug or have something odd going on. Sometimes when playing, the lock lights and cross lights just go dark. Then it seems like a mode changes and they start working again.
On another note. I saw where during living dead girl if I get the bonus going by shooting the upper playfield the bonus lights continue to Flash after the mode has ended. Is the bonus supposed to continue???
I had one double feed into the trough on ball three of a game after I noticed the light issue above. Only one I've seen and I've been playing a bunch.

I've seen this a few times too.

4 weeks later
#9215 6 years ago

I added a couple of spotlights along with super bright insert LEDs. Still dark, but manageable. I'm used to the blinding light of modern Sterns.

#9216 6 years ago

Possibly a dumb question or request, but here goes...

What about a spinner by the RHPL loop? I was able to add spinners to Met Pro without a problem, and though they didn't tie into code, spinners are awesome.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard from a hardware or software standpoint, and it sure would help during HO1KC.

Just a thought.

#9231 6 years ago

I miss the shambling zombies that were a backdrop to the Extra Ball.

#9245 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Please release something not full of bugs for fuck sake!

Dude, if you’re going to post something like that, be specific. What version of the code? What were the bugs?

#9256 6 years ago

Infected is turned on, but I can’t seem to activate. I thought if you started a mode, didn’t finish it, started it again, didn’t finish it again, then Infected would start. What am I missing? Also, are there custom dots or sounds for Infected?

#9259 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I agree with this as well and have mentioned it to Fawzma previously. Otherwise in a home environment, there's really no reason to turn them on.

Totally agree. Why would I replay a completed mode?

#9272 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

you guys are killing me

I hope we’re not coming across as whining or ungrateful. Just some constructive criticism. Keep up the good work.

I’m sure we’ll all find something we don’t agree on with V69.

#9278 6 years ago

The three seashells

1 week later
#9300 6 years ago

Is that a 2-way flap? Pretty cool.

#9303 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

What's going on with the CHOP switches under v21? None register at all on first play. They may or may not come back as more games are played. It's not mechanical. They all register just fine in switch test. I used to see this some on the "H", left inlane under v20. It's a lot worse now.

I’ve seen this too. Lots of bugs to include 2 balls, CHOP not activating, etc.

#9305 6 years ago

Yeah, the game loads 2 balls every now and again. Just happened again tonight.

#9307 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The lane switches are registering in switch edges due to the switch being depressed with your finger.
Check your WHATSNEW file and see if this line is in there
Update - 9/28 - Lane kickoff only happens when load routine has finished
if not.. go ahead and redownload the v21 update. Whats happening is, the auto lane kick is launching the ball before the load routine finishes sometimes. depending on when it happens, you could get stuck in a cycle where it kicks/reloads.

Okay. You’re telling me to redownload V21? I’m trying to understand the problem, as this didn’t happen with V20.

#9321 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

It is a 2 way flap. Thanks.

Any way to incorporate a spinner on the right loop? Seems like both would screw into the post.

Keep up the good mod work. I have both of your RZ mods and they’re awesome.

#9324 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Hi David, finally got around to v21 and I'm having the double ball kick out every time too. Can we get a copy of the update to prevent this please? Thanks

Same here. . V21 has given me 2 balls pretty much every game.

#9326 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

pm sent.. let me know how it goes so i can take it out of beta

Thanks, will do.

#9329 6 years ago

No 2 ball kick out after a few games. The only weird bug was when I tilted out, the follow-on ball didn’t have music until I plunged.

Other than that, nice job. Loving RZ!

#9333 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

So how did it go? Curious on when this will come out of beta.

I had one game that spit out 2 balls, but it’s an improvement over the previous version.

#9335 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What is the load could setting set to?

The what?

#9337 6 years ago

Just checked the settings and I couldn’t find load coil. Where is it?

#9339 6 years ago

I’ll take this to pm to not highlight my ineptitude, but I’ll check again. I looked through the coil menu three times and couldn’t find it.

I was drinking, though, so there’s that. I’ll circle back.

#9341 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Mudflaps It's in the menu under coil adjustments -> loader coil.
I'm on the v21 beta code and the double feed problem is much better but still kicking two out now and then. My coil is at 8.5 right now.

The closest I can find is Ball Loader in the coil menu. Is that it? It’s set to 8.5.

#9343 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

My bad, yes that's it. I get that seasonal short-term memory loss thing from time to time.

Thanks. I’m a dum dum for not picking up on it. I set it to 7, so we’ll see if that makes a difference.

#9351 6 years ago

The ‘No Turning Back’ flap is great. I agree that the flashing is too much. I own both of your RZ mods and will buy the flap when it’s ready, but I wouldn’t buy the strobing effect.

#9355 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I'm working on a couple of ideas that will hopefully work better than the first one.
Murder Ride Entrance is now available on my website.
1st one just shipped to Charlie.

Awesome! Will purchase this week.

1 week later
#9376 6 years ago

Installed the Murder Ride flap last night.

First off, it looks great. Nice swinging action and doesn’t seem to interfere with the ball. I didn’t notice any blocked shots, but I only put on a few games. It comes with two decals, which is a nice touch.

My only complaint is the included hex screw. The flap attaches to an open post, and I was pulling my hair out to find a hex screwdriver long enough to reach.

I finally substituted a normal screw and was finished in 5 seconds.

It’s a really cool mod and decent compromise for a spinner. Highly recommended.

#9380 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Sorry to hear the provided screw caused issues for you. I had a surplus of the Allen drive screws for another project. Glad you like the mod though.

The screw was a minor gripe. Great mod, and looking forward to the next one!

2 weeks later
#9423 6 years ago

Any word on V22 release date? Is the beta floating around?

#9454 6 years ago

Looks like the new code is up per Spooky's FB page! Appears V22 is a huge and almost final update except if any bug fixes are needed.

Sweet. Is there a readme?

#9457 6 years ago

Killer update!

If I understand correctly, one of the Infected options goes into Infected when I fail a mode? Does that mean any failed mode goes right into Infected?

#9459 6 years ago

Yup. Pretty brutal setting!

Yikes! I don’t know if I’m excited or terrified.

#9463 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Me either! Lol... I leave infected off. I've got about a 10% chance of beating this thing on my best pinball day as it is.
Seriously, this was a crazy team effort, but really proud of what Fawzma turned this game into. Not bad for a guy we stole from IBM who made a few phone games!

Yeah, if I can beat 2 or 3 modes, I’m having a good game. Put Infected on top of that, and yikes!!!

#9512 6 years ago

Just played V22. Holy crap, what a ton of great updates!

#9523 6 years ago

I’d still love to see a mini wizard mode finishing H1K, LDG, Red Hot and Murder Ride. As it is, I can only finish a few modes.

1 week later
#9565 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It'll likely get it's own thread soon with video, etc., but this is a peek at the mod I've been designing over the last few weeks for RZ. Living Dead Girl Mausoleum--tint/mirror when off/inactive and an infinity mirror lightshow when she's hit/moans or flashing during LDG mode (triggered by the factory lights it replaces). With pink the color fades out to red on hits/flashes. Hard to photograph accurately with the mirror tint and LEDs. I really wanted the LDG to pop and be noticed when hit and give more life to the mode--I could hardly notice the LDG lightshow with the stock panel and lights.

Badass!!!! I’m in.

#9576 6 years ago

I watched your new mod until the boobs started on the DMD and then I watched that.

#9592 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anyone having problems with infection modes not working? I've tried all settings in the menu and the infection symbol appears beside a failed mode on your next mode start attempt, but the game never diverts into infection mode following a ball drain.

If I understand correctly, the Infected mode only works when you fail the mode, not drain in the middle. If you drain, the next ball launches normally. The Infected symbol will appear on the mode select screen, however.

#9599 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser is now compatible with RZO : More informations here

What??? Whoa!!

Game changer! Iron Head, Welcome to Planet Motherfucker, Scum of the Earth, etc. Thanks for the work on this!

1 week later
#9659 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I see no titties what do I have to do ?

Superpops

#9663 6 years ago

What’s the best way to hook up an external sub?

#9665 6 years ago

Hook it up directly to the amp at the bottom of the cabinet

I checked out the amp... the 3.5mm plug is used by the board. The only open connection I see is a red/white RCA.

Splitter, or RCA to 3.5mm?

#9679 6 years ago

Just updated my tunes! Thanks Oga and Habo! It’s like a whole new game.

#9681 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

What did you put in?

Scum of the Earth, Crippletown, Iron Head, Spookshow Baby, and the remixes for Living Dead Girl and Superbeast.

Everything worked well with pinball browser. I blew my shaker fuse, but I’m sure that was a coincidence. Anyone else have that problem?

#9692 6 years ago
Quoted from NEOZATZY:

Hey mate this is where I mounted mine I had to go closer to the front of the cabinet as I couldn't get it close to the sub like the factory install shows its as if my sub is in a different spot?!?!?! but yeah works fine here I had to unstaple some staples from the earth wire to allow slack and repositioned it so it wasn't in the way....also this is where I mounted my TV...I used some structural steel brace/strap which can be bent into shape and painted it black and hot glued it to the back of the TV and screwed down with existing nut it doesn't get in the way of the ball at all and have on a slight angle in case a ball one day lands there it can roll off..I also found the picture that is on the backboard on this forum printed it laminated it and used blutack to stick it there...it looks pretty cool fills a blank spot....hope this helps

Can you link that picture? Thanks!

#9699 6 years ago

I figured out the external sub.

I used a 3.5mm to +/- adapter and speaker wire. I connected the speaker wire to the amp and adapter to my pinnnovators multi-game thingy. Works great.

131558F2-D4B5-4A76-ADCA-4A9DA7AE3ED8 (resized).jpeg131558F2-D4B5-4A76-ADCA-4A9DA7AE3ED8 (resized).jpeg

#9702 6 years ago

I’d recommend a mini-wizard mode when you beat 4 main modes or all the mini-modes.

#9710 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Copying this from my ball-stop mod page so that more people know the issue will be resolved if they have the same clearance as the customer below (photos showed a fit that was quite a bit lower than my machine).
---
"It's been brought to my attention that one of my customers on this mod had a different clearance than my machine, leading to the auto-plunger hitting the base of the ball-stop. He was able to fix this issue on his machine with some washers under the lower apron area, but I don't expect anyone to have to do that.
Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue, or perhaps chime in to confirm fitment on your machine.
I'll be re-working a slimmer version, so future orders will have more clearance. Thus, I can either send a new one out at no charge or offer a refund to anyone with a clearance issue (I did worry that my machine wouldn't be 100% the same as others). Sorry to anyone this may affect."

This hasn’t happened to me, but good on ya for coming up with a fix.

1 week later
#9718 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

PSA: Don't drop your playfield onto the trough switches with the game on. It killed at least the IC4 chip on the main board. I'm throwing in the towel today and sending my board off to Spooky. Here's hoping that numbnuts move doesn't cost me four hundred bucks.

That sucks!

3 weeks later
#9751 6 years ago

When in the actual f&@k will V23 go live?

1 month later
#9821 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This already happened last May when David van Es and I spent a week at Spooky helping beef up the modes.
Spooky needs more programmers but who is going to move to Benton when they can drive up the road to Epic and start at 75k right out of college?

I think you guys did a great job. There’s always room for improvement, but man there’s a ton to do in the game.

#9837 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So im looking to replace at least the flipper rubber to something less bouncy. Im not sure about you guys but mine is very bouncy. Makes it much more difficult to trap the ball. Any recommendations. And if so a part # or link>?

I use SuperBands on all my games. They’re more ‘sticky’ and I prefer how they play, but others have differing views. They’re definitely not as bouncy as normal rubber.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172

1 week later
#9845 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm finally in the club! I picked up a Pinball Refinery modded RZ this past weekend. I like it pretty well so far. I added a 10" sub and this game really came to life!
I have found a couple things I need to look at, the main thing being about 3 out of 10 times that the ball is saved it puts 2 balls in the shooter lane, is this a common problem or anyone know what to look at? The second thing is I've had a few balls hang up when shooting the left orbit, takes a pretty violent shake to get it loose, anything to look at here?
I am still figuring out how to play it; I know the basics, left orbit to start modes, LDG, 1000 corpse multiball, but I've read the game is deep and I want to figure out how to stack things and get to the deeper stuff. I saw someone say spooky was going to put out a video of how to play the game so I will have to search around for it and see if it covers the deeper rules/strategy.

Make sure you have V22 loaded. This addresses the 2 balls issue.

I have hang ups every now and again in the loop. There may be a hanging switch catching the ball.

Congrats on a great, fun game. The most important shot in the game is the left loop to start modes, and it’s a tricky shot. Practice that and have fun!

1 month later
#9873 5 years ago

Does anyone know whose boobs are on the DMD? Asking for a friend.

2 weeks later
#9885 5 years ago

He needs to fix the attract noise. Super annoying.

#9889 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

You can turn that off in the menu.

That’s the bug. Even if you turn it off, it stays on.

#9891 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It can be switched out. Currently mine is Call of the Zombie.

Not a bad idea. If I can’t shut it off, I’ll add some porno sounds or something.

2 weeks later
#9928 5 years ago

Does anybody else's start button not light up at all? I thought this was one bug with the current code.
Not sure if fawzmagames has a list of things to fix and tweak for the final version yet

I had the same thing. I jiggled the wires and replaced the bulb which solved the problem. I don’t think it’s a bug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.