image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsronnie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 8 years ago

Maybe other people don't like it, but I love the way Charlie's running this new company. He's got the guts to go slow, when instinct (and all the people with no money involved) says go fast. Lots of companies fail because they try to go too fast.

Good for him and his family, I wish them success!

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

The way I see it is if I'm paying 4K+ for something to be in my house I should be able to put opera music on the damn thing if I want. That's not how it works, but that's how it should. So my simple solution, which normally kills what the game was intended to play like, is to turn the sound in the game off and crank up the surround sound in the house.

Yup! I do the same thing when I buy live concert DVD's. If I put in my Led Zeppelin concert, and they don't play "Four Sticks", I turn that stuff on mute and watch the band drum along to it streaming on Spotify!!! It's my house, i'll do whut i wunt!

#525 8 years ago

Everything's different depending on who you're dealing with... but the reason you put a time limit on it is so you don't end up with people procrastinating (I.E., everybody in the pinball design business except Stern and Charlie, basically) and tying up your license for years.

So from Rob Zombie's perspective, if this is for 3 years, they're done after 3 years and if someone wants to make, for instance, a pinball ap game with his license he's free to sign a new deal with that person.

Of course you could probably extend it (unless there's another deal that prohibits it) but it wouldn't make good sense for Rob to just leave his contracts open ended like that, it would limit his possibilities down the road.

If he would have signed an open ended time commitment, like for instance, you have the license to make 1000 machines... a company could string that along and still be selling them brand new 15 years from now because they only built 20 a year. If 10 years from now Stern wants to work with Rob to do something, they're not going to want to do that if another company is still manufacturing games with his license. Etc.

Much better to make contracts as specific as possible, in about every way possible, so there's no misunderstandings, and no hard feelings when the contract plays out exactly how it's written.

BTW Rob Zombie's a pretty smart guy, and you're talking about a license so big he's made money in the music industry, the comic book industry, and even in Hollywood. Big time license here...

#627 8 years ago

I don't blame 'em. They're just trying to get that 'casual' money

1 week later
#742 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Man I hope we start getting some pictures and descriptions of the game soon.
I have passed on two games I have really wanted this last week so I can have the cash ready for the deposit if I need it. Really hoping that we get something soon so I have a better idea of what I am holding out for.
I'd still like to know how much time we are going to have to decide if we are committed between the reveal and the due date for the deposit. If it's a month, awesome. If it's more like a week, I just hope that it will be easy to make a decision.
I guess all I can ask is for Spooky to please not wait until the last minute to reveal the whole thing.
Hope everyone has a great Friday and plays some pinball tonight!
Cheers!

Hard to screw this theme up... it's going to be awesome, no matter what, just with the art and the music.

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

That was just a notice date for AMH customers to "commit" (put their names in for) the 50 LE's... remaining LE's would then be open to the public. We're WAAAAAAYYYY past that.
Rob Zombie put it on his FB & website today, Dread Central & Bloody Disgusting put it out there... even hit some of the music news sites. We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming.
Crazy... absolutely crazy... I knew we'd do well with this, but yeah, I was WAY under estimating.
On the bright side, we just got job security for 2 years... and we WILL be putting it all back into the company to make even better games.

And a family owned business manufacturing things here in America on top of that. Awesome stuff, Charlie!

5 months later
#2589 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Toyotaboy brings up a good example:

Alex Horley does not paint in that way. So while the BG and cab may be what "everyone wants" applying that style to the PF isn't as universally loved. Because subconsciously we're used to a different look.

That's the whole thing. People need to fight against that, just because something is done differently than what's the accepted best way to do it doesn't make it bad art. You see a lot of that in music too, if someone dares to record something and mix it differently than how it's generally accepted as the 'best' way to do it, the music is panned by critics online.

I think the game looks great, it's a little different than everything else out there and that's a good thing. It looks like a Spooky Pinball. I think it's great to see an American company building stuff and providing jobs right here in America as well. I hope Spooky does well and turns into a much larger company with many more games!

#2788 8 years ago

It's really cool seeing a small group of people create their own pinball company, and doing it the right way (building it, THEN offering it for sale). I like seeing the evolution of the company, fascinating to watch.

I think the animation and the ruleset really has a lot of attention to detail, I've never played America's most Haunted but it appeared to me that game had a lot of attention to detail in the dots and the ruleset... this game seems to be further down the path from that... like I said it's really cool seeing the company grow and learn and figure out better ways to do things.

The animation capture's Rob Zombie's world very well in my opinion...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 20.00
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsronnie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=lyonsronnie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.