sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lepophumper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11025 1 year ago

A friend of mine, mara to be exact, has a Rob Zombie from Spooky that's acting very very strangely. What's happening is that the game gives out one ball, but after a while starts to spew out more balls like it's a pitching machine. We thought this could be something to do with the diodes on the ball trough switches, then with some other diode on some other switch in the matrix, but after we cut one leg off of each and every one 1N4007 in the whole playfield, they all tested totally fine.

The reason we were thinking about the diodes is that there was a similar situation before, where a ball hit one of the upper playfield's switches from below, damaging the diode. Changing that diode fixed the issue and the machine worked for a few months again.

Now here comes the first interesting part. The ball vomiting stops when you raise the left flipper and keep it raised. We thought that this has something to do with the EOS switch, so we shorted that as a test, but still it did the same thing, spewing balls and stopping when raising left flipper. If it starts working with left flipper raised, it works with the right flipper raised too. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, spewing balls like it's a batting cage, no matter how we try to keep the flippers up.

Hmm, well maybe the CPU board has something broken? No biggie, we got a spare one. We switched it to that, having a firmware 25 on an SD card, and then it was working all fine and dandy for a while, like one game or so. We then tried it with the latest firmware, version 26, on different SD card, and the spewing continued. We downgraded to the earlier firmware SD card with no noticeable difference. The game still spits steel balls like it needs to show us how many are inside there.

Someone said that a factory reset helped with that issue, but we only see the install factory settings option in the menu and that doesn't seem to do anything, except put the factory settings in. Is there some way to do a factory reset, and if yes, how? It seems dung posted about that earlier in this thread, thus tagging if that's okay.

Also the game has a weird thing with the sounds, or the music to be exact. Occasionally the music sounds like it distorts, clipping the sound very nastily. I noticed that the music also seems to slow down, giving me the feeling that the CPU is having a hard time keeping up. I encounter similar sounds when I'm making music and I add too many software instruments and my computer can't keep up, slowing down the music and missing audio as it's playing them out of sync. We tried lowering the volume, as that helps with the clipping if it's amp related, but that didn't help. We raised the volume significantly, and it didn't make it worse, signifying that it's probably not the amp circuitry clipping or such.

So, I ask you wise people of the internet: what can we do from here? Any advice on where to continue to look? We'd love some help, as we're starting to lose hope and have no idea what to do.

#11028 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

A friend of mine, mara to be exact, has a Rob Zombie from Spooky that's acting very very strangely. What's happening is that the game gives out one ball, but after a while starts to spew out more balls like it's a pitching machine. We thought this could be something to do with the diodes on the ball trough switches, then with some other diode on some other switch in the matrix, but after we cut one leg off of each and every one 1N4007 in the whole playfield, they all tested totally fine.
The reason we were thinking about the diodes is that there was a similar situation before, where a ball hit one of the upper playfield's switches from below, damaging the diode. Changing that diode fixed the issue and the machine worked for a few months again.
Now here comes the first interesting part. The ball vomiting stops when you raise the left flipper and keep it raised. We thought that this has something to do with the EOS switch, so we shorted that as a test, but still it did the same thing, spewing balls and stopping when raising left flipper. If it starts working with left flipper raised, it works with the right flipper raised too. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, spewing balls like it's a batting cage, no matter how we try to keep the flippers up.
Hmm, well maybe the CPU board has something broken? No biggie, we got a spare one. We switched it to that, having a firmware 25 on an SD card, and then it was working all fine and dandy for a while, like one game or so. We then tried it with the latest firmware, version 26, on different SD card, and the spewing continued. We downgraded to the earlier firmware SD card with no noticeable difference. The game still spits steel balls like it needs to show us how many are inside there.
Someone said that a factory reset helped with that issue, but we only see the install factory settings option in the menu and that doesn't seem to do anything, except put the factory settings in. Is there some way to do a factory reset, and if yes, how? It seems dung posted about that earlier in this thread, thus tagging if that's okay.
Also the game has a weird thing with the sounds, or the music to be exact. Occasionally the music sounds like it distorts, clipping the sound very nastily. I noticed that the music also seems to slow down, giving me the feeling that the CPU is having a hard time keeping up. I encounter similar sounds when I'm making music and I add too many software instruments and my computer can't keep up, slowing down the music and missing audio as it's playing them out of sync. We tried lowering the volume, as that helps with the clipping if it's amp related, but that didn't help. We raised the volume significantly, and it didn't make it worse, signifying that it's probably not the amp circuitry clipping or such.
So, I ask you wise people of the internet: what can we do from here? Any advice on where to continue to look? We'd love some help, as we're starting to lose hope and have no idea what to do.

Also probably relevant info is that this happens even after changing the diode of the upper playfield switch (the one causing all the problems) and while having the upper playfield raised, so it cannot even do any shenanigans, I presume.

#11030 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

What switches show stuck in test mode?

Well, interestingly none of the switches are stuck. The ball trough just has different switches on or off depending if a ball is there (which is normal), but sometimes some of the switches in the trough get lost and sometimes they reappear, losing some other switch. This can happen when the machine is bumped, or when you take one ball away or add a ball to the trough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lepophumper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=lepophumper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.