image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leachdude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7363 7 years ago

Just picked up a HUO low play Rob Zombie this weekend loving it so far. I updated to the 19 code. I seem found a bug in the settings not sure if it has been reported yet.

When I changed the start button game reset to disabled, then game will start and end in 0 seconds. GAME OVER ball launches and you get 0 points for your game. I always turn this option off in my games, the temptation to restart first bad ball is there if you I do not.

Is the Factory LED upgrade kit available to purchase? Or does someone have the bulb list for this and I can order for pinball life direct I guess as well.

#7372 7 years ago

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

IMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPG

#7380 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

I apologize if this has already been brought up in this thread, but has anyone added on an external powered subwoofer to this pin? i have read the posts saying the sound is so good that it rattles the glass and owners preferences to opt out of getting a shaker motor for it because of the factory installed speakers. Just wanting to know others thoughts on this.

Yes I have a Polk 10" powered sub on mine. It rocks, I turn then internal ones almost off. It makes to much vibration in the cabinet and sounds like poop without a proper box. Subs are made for enclosed cab's not pinball machines. Anyone who tells you different is selling them for money!

#7416 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Some quirks with mine:
I noticed on mine when it is doing a ball check, the fried chicken pop bumper registers as a hit when it fires the solenoid. Interestingly, it continues to check for a ball. To me it suggests a code issue in my case. Score wise, it registers as a hit, but logically the game knows the switch wasn't hit, or it wouldn't continue to search for the ball.
Sometimes I get two balls in the shooter lane, instead of one.
Twice I've had the game go silent/dark when it ejects a saved ball and the flippers were completely dead. Game goes back to normal when the ball drains.
I need to fix the airballs in my machine though, I have noticed significant pitting on the playfield. Most of it is coming from the post target with the "2" in front of it, I think.
All of these things rarely interrupt gameplay though, I've probably put on well over 100 games in the past few days.
It's one of those where you just keep wanting to play one more game. Loving it, and I know we'll get the rare issues worked out at some point.
(Running V19 btw)

Fix you airballs on the #2 target by removing the foam and putting a post rubber behind, worked great for me!

7946579759b3659ff7590cdcd31d515f4c705e12 (resized).jpg7946579759b3659ff7590cdcd31d515f4c705e12 (resized).jpg

#7427 7 years ago

I have a question regarding the C H O P inserts. They do not seem to cycle properly all the time. When I have 1 remaining to light most the time the unlit insert will move left with the left flipper and right with the right flipper. Once in awhile it seems to mess up and not go in order on the C and the H target. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I am running code 19. Sounds like a big to be, I would not think this is on purpose.

#7445 7 years ago

Back to Rob Zombie talk.

Quoted from Buzz:

On chop mine goes with left flipper to the left but when three are lit it jumps a spot first. Weird to explain but a cool way of keeping a player on their toes.

Is this on purpose? Or code bug? Seems to be no ryme or reason when these do not move in order.

#7446 7 years ago

Also what is Spooky Minute in the setting do?

#7459 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

This totally fixed the #2 target! Thanks. I have only got one airball since, from the slings throwing the ball back and forth at increasingly high speeds.

I also turned down the sling power a bit, it was getting to crazy at times!

#7467 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

FYI, for those who like to "mix it up", substitute warm-white 4-smd leds in the smaller round inserts. Because the inserts are multi-color, the warm white has an interesting effect on the insert colors as well as the overall look of the pf. The "chop" inserts really show with warm-white. As always, leds are personal preference...I just wanted to share my experience.

Funny you mention this. I just did all my inserts with pinball life quad warm white led's and an LEDOCD board. The warm white reall does bring the color out of the inserts. Looks good IMO. Now I just have to tweak the LEDOCD board a bit.

I'll post some pictures later.

#7480 7 years ago

My Rob Zombie Photo Shoot.. Quad LED's in the GI, Red and white. Warm quad's in the inserts at 80% with the LEDOCD board. Added 2 spot lights (one on each sling) Mirror Blades. And Invissaglass.

IMG_3090.JPGIMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3091.JPGIMG_3091.JPG

IMG_3095.JPGIMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3101.JPGIMG_3101.JPG

IMG_3102.JPGIMG_3102.JPG

IMG_3103.JPGIMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3104.JPGIMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3105.JPGIMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3106.JPGIMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPGIMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3108.JPGIMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3109.JPGIMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPGIMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3111.JPGIMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.JPGIMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3115.JPGIMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3116.JPGIMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3117.JPGIMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3119.JPGIMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3121.JPGIMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3122.JPGIMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3123.JPGIMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3124.JPGIMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3125.JPGIMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3126.JPGIMG_3126.JPG

IMG_3127.JPGIMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3128.JPGIMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3129.JPGIMG_3129.JPG

IMG_3130.JPGIMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3131.JPGIMG_3131.JPG

#7485 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you guys tell me if I can hook up an external sub like on my Stern pins? Won't hurt anything right?

Yes on the sub, that will fix your glass rattle.

#7502 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Watched part of the video linked. I would agree that the superpops seems to be on the dmd a lot.
Second. I know there are three switches to get a skill shot. Is there a minor reward for getting one or two of them? Seems like one is hard enough to hit should have something rewarded.

Points for 1 more points for 2, points and light extra ball for all 3.

#7512 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

V20 is the latest, make sure you download that if you're going to update the code tonight.

V20? I thought V19 was the latest?

#7516 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Hi Fawzma, I have a couple questions for you. I recently recieved my #212, and overall, very few issues. However, I have noticed two things:
1. If a ball gets hung up trying to launch out of the trough into the shooter lane, the entire game goes dead and the screen tells the user to have the operator check the lane switch. This has become very annoying when in a multiball, it kills the entire game, and does that. Seems like a rough way to handle a simple stuck ball. Any thoughts on changing this?
2. During H1k corpses multiball last night, a ball got stuck coming out of the trough, and the game went dead. Even unsticking the ball did not solve the issue, still completely dead with the operator screen stuck on. So I rebooted the game. It did come back to life after the reboot but my right flipper is dead. I assume it blew the flipper fuse, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
I was actually planning on putting this game on route on Saturday, and I am glad I noticed #2 happening before I did that. I will hold on to it at home for a few more weeks to try and work the bugs out. For what its worth, I am still on version 17 of the code, planning to upgrade it to 19 tonight. Is it possible that both of these items are happening because I am on old code?
Thanks for all the support you have shown! I am truly a happy customer, and this game is a blast.

I have never had a ball hung up in the trough, 400+ games. Something must be causing this issue.

#7540 7 years ago

Would like to see Living Dead girl target show progress some how. Flashing to solid to off. Or the other way around.

#7574 7 years ago

Ben Heck, what kind of name is that?

2 weeks later
#7672 7 years ago

When can we expect V20?

#7734 7 years ago

I do not see much glare on my playfield glass. Ohh wait I have invisaglass on mine.

I also have the LCD OCD, it's awesome. I filled the game with warm quads from pinball life. Everything except the red arrows. It looks awesome. The warm whites keep the color artwork looking good on the playfield.

#7739 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Upload a picture if you get a chance. I'd like to see warm whites with the game.

A couple pages back I posted quite a few photos of my machine.

#7754 7 years ago

So I had upper playfield switch issue this weekend during a party. I pretty much knew what happened since I have read about it a lot here. Is the fix just to bend back use tape/heat shrink to prevent this from happening? Is something being done in the factory with the new builds to prevent this? I think a some sort of cover needs to be 3d printed for this issue. I just did a quick fix with some tape as with 30 people over and drinks flying around solder and heat shrink sounded dangerous.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7760 7 years ago

If #300 is done shouldn't the code be done? I thought Spooky said something about codes will be done when all machines are shipped?

#7780 7 years ago

I actually hit the skill shot 2 times in one game the other day, to bad I only collected 1 of the extra balls.

Any hope for v20 this week?

#7829 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Oh, I can't find any instructions on how to use access the menu?
Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as others as I press Menu inside door and nothing really seems to happen.
Any links anywhere as couldn't find anything on support pages?
Thanks

Check your wires on the buttons, wires seem to be pretty tight in that area and I had mine break off due to this reason.

#7836 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thanks - wires look ok but guess there might be a connection not making good contact in the plastic block.
Unrelated.
Can't now remember if any of these issues discussed?
1. Ball gets stuck behind drop target?
2. Ball gets stuck somewhere unseen at back of playfield. Can't see where and when I lift playfield it re-appears. Have to re-start game as game says a message about checking a switch.
Loving the game - just need to get it dialled in 100%

If I remember correctly my wire broke off and pulled into the wire loom, at first check I thought mine were all good as well.

#7839 7 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Help!! My right flipper is sticking up. Anyone know how to fix? Got a tourney to host Sat. and was hoping to use RZ. Thanks!

Broken spring? I had one break the first 100 games.

3 weeks later
#8069 6 years ago

Ok so my rob zombie is the only one I have ever played. Always thought the left outline sucked. It seems I am missing a post?

IMG_0420 (resized).JPGIMG_0420 (resized).JPG

#8071 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yep, one large post and rubber missing from that side - whoops! You can see it clearly on my video on 5:24

Damn, I bet the game is a bit easier with that post.

1 week later
#8136 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Anybody have any general tips on this game? I've had it for a few weeks now and it is difficult for me to even make the left orbit to start modes.. let alone finish them once I do start them.

I have replaced my flipper rubbers with titan thin rubbers. I can make both orbits good and can even hit the XX targets when I try.

I like to start out by completing WHAT! or LDG first as these are 2 of the easier modes for me. Then I move along to Dragula, from there I just go in a random order on how I am feeling on my shots.

After fixing my left outlane (Mine had no star post so it was basically on expert mode!) I almost made it to Hellbound yesterday 2 modes away (American Witch and 15 more hits on HO1C) I scored 90 million, previous best was 30 million. I think the star post fix helped a lot.

I did manage to get 666 hits in HO1C in one of my games the other day and I thought wouldn't it be cool if there was an award for hitting 666 exactly?

1 week later
#8277 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm interested, but it absolutely depends on price. If you can throw out a ballpark number, that would help.

Same! Price will really matter, it's seems like a lot is going into this. RPI , LCD screen, new apron? I'm gonna guess it wont be cheap!

I'll take a wild guess and say $250ish.

1 month later
#8509 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I'm getting a lot of airballs off of target #2 next to the zombie ramp. Any idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

#8515 6 years ago

I use Titan thin flipper rubbers, they made a big difference to my game, passing and shots.

#8518 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are they less "sticky" than the stock flipper rubber? Any reason you chose the Titan thins over regular Titan rubber? I would like to try some different types.

I had Titian translucent flipper rubbers to start, I liked the look of them but they were way to bouncy, so I figured I would try the thin translucent and I really like the look and the way they play on this game. Feels like more control on the shot to me.

1 week later
#8554 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Might as well open it and play it. Get some enjoyment out of it. I dont think keeping it in the box will add much value for this title, Plus warranty is for first buyer only, If it has issues, get them fixed now.

Not true warranty is for the game not the buyer. I looked into this before purchasing my RZ HUO.

#8611 6 years ago

I for sure did the update the proper way, and still have these bugs. Infected mode is causing display issues when picking a mode, and mode start will just sit it the VUK until ball search starts.

#8619 6 years ago

Are we going to see a hotfix for the infected mode?

I'm pretty sure I had infected mode off when the VUK stopped working. Anyone know why this happened? It seemed random to me, and I did have to power cycle to get it back working.

#8621 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Leach, did you use a newer version of Windows than Vista when updating?

Windows 10

2 weeks later
#8878 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Can you post a picture of what you've done? I tried looking at this last night and I can't wrap my head around the changes for some reason. (could have been the beer I had first)

Still working great on my machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

4 weeks later
#9046 6 years ago

I would suggest the game over music play a bit longer. Just seems way to short.

5 months later
#9745 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Fix you airballs on the #2 target by removing the foam and putting a post rubber behind, worked great for me!

post #7416 still working great for me.

2 weeks later
#9770 6 years ago

Same thing happened to my coin mech and I am pretty sure I did it with the playfield rails, they line up just right and with land on the coin mech if not careful. I hot glued mine and good as new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leachdude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=leachdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.