Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 4 years ago

There's photos of the original playfield, video & other info about the pin here

http://www.publicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10&p=115

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

My wife has informed me that we will be in for this. She said she'll even fork over the deposit!

ummm.... could your wife call my wife today

#86 4 years ago

sheesh... i don't know if I want this pin more or Aliens. uhhhhgggg... 1st world problemo

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, does anyone read? Over and over people ask "Why 300"? Over and over people answer "3 years limited license and production run time that can be produced". Within a few post someone else will say "why 300".

so you're saying there's a chance for more than 300 ?

1 week later
#582 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're making 300. Don't like it? Life is full of things you can't control, might as well get used to it.

Sweet !!!

Spooky is making 300.
Awesome theme. I'm in !!!!!! LE comes with extra splatter ?

300-1.jpg

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We had 30 pages of ball jokes, thank you very much!

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

at least it was an even number of ball pages

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I wonder when Charlie and the Spooky gang will do the first unveiling (unless it was posted already). Cant wait.

Think they mentioned trying to start production (best case scenario) in Jan 2016.
So, maybe a best guess is somewhere between July 2015 - Dec 2015 ??

3 months later
#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

Sorry if this was already posted. You guys have to read this as it gave me a rare laugh outburst. Only could happen to him.
http://www.rockfeed.net/heavy-humor/homeless-man-kicked-out-of-music-venue-was-actually-rob-zombie

hahaha...

#1104 4 years ago

2 weeks later
#1338 4 years ago

#301... . . . .

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

The market is overdue for a solid Swayze game, although I personally would love to see Bible Adventures.

Bible Adventures staring Patrick Swayze, in oscar award winning break-out role, as Eve.
Caitlyn Jenner hails, "Best casting of 2016, a Must See!!"

#1341 4 years ago

dup

1 month later
#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The real funny part is how over the top adult it will be and the poor saps trying to convince wives to let it in the Gameroom I'll have no issues here, my Gameroom , my rules. !

lucky-1.jpg

1 week later
#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm curious to see how people react to one feature of the game which somehow hasn't slipped out, considering how many know about it.

This pin comes with a rug too ?

image.jpg

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's kind of on topic, because it's spooky, but is there a realistic chance this guy will be the next US president?
On second thoughts I should take it to the basement.

I vote spooky for president.
Pins for every home.

#1601 4 years ago

Chuck Norris thinks it's coming with a rug still (and colored dots)

image.jpg

#1748 4 years ago

It's noon already, somewhere...
Let's see this puppy

#2098 4 years ago

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like I'm the only person on the list waiting to see the gameplay before deciding.
I'm really torn here.
When Charlie and I first talked about this game we really weren't seeing eye to eye on it. Later he admitted that I was right about some things. Charlie, I want to say the same thing back to you, I've been getting tired of fan layouts, I've been buying 1980/81 Ballys, and really getting into the more random games, the more brutal ones. I get what you're saying. You came a little my way, I've come a little yours, maybe we're closer than we thought.
Flying out to Wisconsin next week isn't happening, but I wish I was close enough to play it.
Some people might remember my old thread where I pitched a Rob Zombie game. I even called it Rob Zombie's Spookhouse. I wanted Rob and Sherri to be the narrators of a horror game, with his music behind it. I mean, aside from building it my damn self could I have asked for a closer take on it than what Spooky did?
I'm not hesitating because of pre-order drama or anything, Spooky has proven they can get the job done. Your money is safe with them, utterly confident of that.
And yet somehow I'm just not all in here.
And it comes down to the art, which I care about a lot.
The cabinet looks great. It's like Rob Zombie meets Warhammer 40k. Love that there's no lettering on it too, I don't need that. The Bally games that I love with bad ass stencils don't have it either. Mystic is one of my favorite cabinets of all time. 3 colors, no words.
The translite is tougher. And it's because the LE one is so superior to the standard. It matches the cabinet better, it's got better colors, composition, action, theme, everything. I'm on the list, but not for the LE, and after seeing it I kinda hate to settle. That's life, tough cookie, but I have to admit it's hard to shake. And part of that is the playfield, and that second translite.
Because the playfield is just not there for me. To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.
I've seriously been in a kind of shitty mood since 9am yesterday, because it's just disappointed me so much. It's like all this amazing effort went into all the parts of the game except what matters to me the most. The plastics feel like an afterthought. I kind of can't believe Rob approved them, he's a graphic designer. The inserts don't work for me, the whole thing just doesn't feel anything like the rest of the amazing work.
Anyways, I don't want to get all negative here. But it's kinda bumming me out, and right now I just don't know that I'll stay in. Will take the weekend to mull it over, and hopefully watching the gameplay video will give me some kind of closure one way or another. Gameplay is important! But for me it's all important.

Dude... Buy it... Then:
1. Get the LE Translite separately
2. Make us an alt set of plastics. You know we'll buy

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I was simply trying to prove a point. I'm just saying that not everything can be happy and uplifting all the time. No matter what game comes out, there will always be naysayers.
Such is life.

You clearly don't own a Tron

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good luck with that. Making the LE translite available separately would defeat the purpose of the LE.
That said, if it's possible, I'm in.

Lotza folks with Tron Pro have LE translites now ( those bastards )

#2269 4 years ago

Hi Charlie,

I just wanted to say "Thank you" for putting all your & your teams' time into making this possible. The first concert I took my (soon to be wife at the time) was White Zombie back around 1995/6ish. This will be the 1 pin that I'll actually be able to share a sentimental value with her. We've been together for 20 years now & this a is fun & enjoyable way to bring back some memories for us.

Thanks again. You da man

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1. If that was an option I'd be stoked. I doubt it is, that's why it's an LE. (I really dislike that there's an LE on a run of 300 games, but that's Spooky's business not mine.) The LE translite is awesome, so much better, and such a better match for the cabinet art.
2. Plastics could be fixed. But it wouldn't change the playfield. And doesn't it seem kinda lame to buy a game with incredible Alex Horley art, just to strip it, scan all the plastics, draw new ones, and then have them printed and cut?

1. Anything is possible
2. Make us a playfield overlay, like on acdc

This is a kickbutt pin screaming to have the icing on the cake.

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've decided to pass. Don't want to make a big deal out of it or explain why, but for some reason everyone seems to want to know, so there you have it.
I wish Spooky nothing but good luck and success with the game, the new facility that's rising before their eyes, and their future endeavors.
I'm still very much interested in the progress of the game, and will continue to follow it. I have friends getting one, and invitations to play, so I know I'll get to spend some time with it still, looking forward to it.

will you still make some alt art for us?
overlay, plastics, backboard piece, side panels, other?

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

...and Tron is still sitting boxed waiting for my new house...

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from angus:

I gave up my spot. Not being able to play it myself was the biggest factor. The limited amount of game play video available couldn't sway me off of that. If Jack Danger could have done his live stream this week that might have been enough. But someone on the wait list is going to be very happy!

Sweet, I'm getting 2 now

#3205 4 years ago

Lucky !

image.jpg

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I too don't "love" the cab art (great art, just not my preference, and it doesn't match anything else) and really like the playfield art. As it will be wedged between other machines, it doesn't really make much difference anyway.

Think I'm just the opposite
Trying to figure out which end-cap pin looses its bookend position so I can show off the cab art for RZ

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Still wondering about last 10 spots myself

I took 'em

#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Oh I am adding a add-on area on the board that will have I2C and have access to the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V power rails. Think of module add-ons for mods?

#3352 4 years ago

Oh I am adding a add-on area on the board that will have I2C and have access to the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V power rails. Think of module add-ons for mods?

Dup

#3385 4 years ago

i think some folks just got notified they have the option to buy. might still be some open decisions out there?

#3485 4 years ago

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but...

This theme being done by Spooky was enough to get me in, but...
learning about the gameplay design... Makes this pin more & more kick-butt with each passing day !

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Lucky day for me. Deposit sent.

SWEET !!!

#3616 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

No one in the history of Pinball has ever taken an LE backglass out of a pin and willingly replaced it with a translite.... Put the standard translite in a frame and mount it on your wall. Just be happy you're getting an LE which you and only 49 other people are fortunate to have! I've heard of people that were upset about not getting an LE and getting stuck with a standard, but never the other way around. I can now see why Charlie doesn't want to have LE versions in the future. Too many whiners and complainers....

Tron LE Translite for Tron Girls Translite

#3634 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Imagine that, NORMAL, business minded people that communicate and don't try and BS everybody. Who would have ever thought that would be possible in pinball?

Don't jinx us !!!!!

#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Have you even touched a tit before?

I hear they feel like bags of sand

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is what it would look like ....

image_(resized).jpeg

I'm already at work on it !

image_(resized).jpg

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The playfield art is the only common complaint on this game.

The legs feel way too metally

#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Last main mode review up, American Witch http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-american-witch-overview/
I'll need to write up something about the submodes.

#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've been working with Roy Eltham to improve the A/V kernel, to achieve more speed for the double-high version.
Audio is always given priority to the SD card, the display has to request sectors from it. So enough audio running (like all 4 channels) and the display frame rate can take a hit. Never happened on AMH, probably wouldn't on RZ, but with 128x64 it did.
We did a ton of optimizations and now we have a double-high display running at 71 FPS. We can apply these same tricks to RZ and ensure its frame rate is rock solid!

U get 2 do all the fun stuff

1 week later
#3889 4 years ago

Looks fun from vid

#3912 4 years ago

Dup

#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Game #167 here where are the tits and asses. All I saw was a big ol shaved nut sack.

The real "secret theme" of RZ = righteous zongas

image_(resized).jpg

...also known as... The Goat

image_(resized).jpg

#3933 4 years ago

When in 1000 corpse mode...

Can we always show the count?

I think it gets hidden a lot with other animations.

Gracias

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's always nice when people can remember that we're not faceless companies, but people who are hanging out all together.
Think about how you'd have the conversation in person with the programmer. Trust me, people appreciate it when you're more polite, and are MUCH more open to your suggestions when they don't have to fight down feeling defensive because you're being antagonistic.
Really love watching this game come together, you guys are doing great work. Everyone at Spooky should be proud of it.

You just like this pin cause there's no cats on it

#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude, I dropped out because Charlie wouldn't listen to my suggestion to replace all the art with cats.

Ben told me they took your cat ideas and are designing an entirely new pin about spooky cats right meow. Something about a haunted zombie cat that delivers lasagna...

image_(resized).jpg

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

What people suggested for that when I brought AMH to a tournament was allowing them to hold in both flippers to make the scores show up.

^^ that

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Its being addressed lol

I vote less huevos

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I love blondes and brunettes for different reasons and wish I had one of each in the basement, even though my wife would probably spend as much time on them as I would.

Ummm...

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Who'd like to see the LE and standard translights(providing Spooky offers them) made in 3D, like the MM translights that were just released? Think about it, they'd be different from what comes in the game and would look killer just up on the wall or in the game.Spooky could sell a nice amount of these to owners,Zombie fans and/or just pinball people.
Let's hear some thoughts...
If you haven't seen the 3D MM in person lets just say that pics do not do it justice at all.

Only if it includes floating castle columns

2 weeks later
#4234 3 years ago

Everything I can test is working on my end. The new programming cables arrived yesterday and the pinout for that was confirmed working. A board is going up to Chuck and he should have it by Monday. Once confirmed working in RZ we will move forward with the production run.

Dude, ya got one of the best jobs on the planet

Going to TPF this year?

1 week later
#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Looks even more amazing than it did previously. This game is going to be beautiful.

yep. completely agree

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I love my AMH and the inside cabinet decals.
I really think this RZ pin will look sharp with some nicely done, inside cabinet decals. I can't wait to see what the modders come up with.

I'm working on a healthy vegan bucket of tofu & sprouts mod to replace the fried chicken, so our community of vegan zombie fans can play without certain temptations

#4281 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I hope he has knee pads for all the cabinets he needs to do

so many comments...
Must hold b a c k

#4293 3 years ago

Ohhh.... My virgin ears

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was at my youngest daughter's volleyball tournament in Cedar Park, a suburb of Austin, and got a chance to cut out of there for a little over an hour of some fun pinball at Pinballz.
Tucked away in one corner, next to a bowler, was an AMH!
Didn't have a ton of time but got four or five games on AMH and like a lot of others have said, it was a blast to play.
I loved the display, callouts and sounds. The shots were excellent and the modes seemed intuitive and fun/funny.
The measure of a pin for a lot of people is the "replay factor". I wanted to keep playing it but ran out of time. It's got a cool "ambience" and immersive feel, even at Pinballz with all the noise and shit going on.
Bottom line, I left even more REALLY REALLY excited about what's to come with RZ. Most people haven't gotten a chance to play AMH with only 150 out there, but I gotta tell you guys, we are in for something special with RZ based on what I've just seen.
RZ will have that fun/replay factor and it will be immersive. I'm happy i decided to stay in!

you were probably 2 miles from me when you were at the tournament. ping next time & check out the collection

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I'd love too! It was way off of New Hope road. A new venue built by the Austin Juniors VB crew. Are you out that far?
The amazing thing Lab is it doesn't seem to freaking matter where you go or how far out you are, the traffic is unreal always, even up and down New Hope, out in the boonies.

Yep.
You were 7 miles away.

...and the traffic is crazy

#4311 3 years ago

Oooooooo yeah baby ^^^

1 week later
#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

pinHeck board has 2 channels of RGB drivers on it. In AMH these were the left and right sides of the cabinet (though the separation isn't really noticeable)
The color changing backglass was a last minute hack, Chuck just tied it into one of the lines. Neat effect, but it forces it to follow one side of the cab lighting. (I wanted controlled spots, though Kingpin's mod will sort of bring that back)
On RZ the effect is a lot better. One channel is backglass, the other is cab. Thus the backglass isn't forced to match the cab's color. Backglass can stay white most of the time (looks best) and just flash colors for effect.

^^ Totally awesomeness

3 weeks later
#4539 3 years ago

Getting ready for my pin.
Let's see...

image_(resized).jpg

5 months later
#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Fixed, will be available in V014

When this happens, go into the switch matrix, you may have a stuck switch.

You are welcome to suggest a change.

Hey FawzmaGames,

I just wanted to say it is so amazing that you're here, watching for feedback, analyzing it, and making updates if/when needed.
That kind of involvement is out of this world. You da man

2 weeks later
#6311 3 years ago

well...

just got my Rob Zombie pinball. Very excited...

but... the delivery guy refused to bring it into house. 3 steps up to front door.
So now, at 12:50pm (middle of day), I'm stuck at home with a boxed pinball machine sitting outside in the middle of the driveway. He just left it outside & drove off.

sh!tty delivery service. Never in 20 years have I had that happen for pins, vids or anything.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

NIB delivery is typically curbside. Not "shitty". Normal.
Cut the straps, take if off the pallet and hand truck it inside yourself, or at least into the garage. Piece of cake.

No room in garage.
All NIB (and used) pins & vids have been inside delivery.
Never (not once, not ever) has someone left it outside in direct sunlight (90 degrees today in Texas) and just drive off.
I've probably owned dozens of pins and dozens of vids over the decades.

i did not choose this delivery company.

nor, did I get any notice from spooky or the delivery company that this would only get delivered outside. So expectation, was the usual delivery, and meant I had not prepared to have help here to move it inside in the middle of a work day.

If it's about saving money, then just leave the boxed pin at the delivery hub location (for even less delivery cost), call me, and let me coordinate coming to pick it up and bring it into my own home with planned/scheduled help. Don't charge even more to deliver it outside & leave it there. That's el stupido.

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yeah that's normal they just leave in driveway i had same company. I just took mine off the pallet and had a friend help me get inside.
I think you can pay $$$ for white glove service or sometimes hand them some cash

i tried... guy was like... nope.
in fact, he said even if whoever paid for the shipping had paid extra to have it brought inside, he would not do it.
dang.

#6322 3 years ago

My kid got home just a bit ago & we were able to roll it up several steps & get inside
Have it unboxed now.
Now need 1 more teenager to help us get it up stairs (that are inside) so we can unstrap & play

#6325 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What numbers are being shipped now?

haven't really checked... but think i'm #123 ?

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

labnip - were you able to confirm your game number?

yeah... 123

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Just got the email from KT! My game will be ready in about 2 weeks. My wife is due in 3 weeks.... hopefully I can get a few games in before I won't have any time to play

i think the "family mode" setting meant something else on this pin

#6375 3 years ago

awesome brand, awesome music, fun/new layout, awesome artwork, awesome code support, this pin is a winner.
team spooky has nailed it for the win !

1 week later
#6441 3 years ago

Just got the pin upstairs today, then up on legs tonight & playing. #123 is alive !
Be sure to put that ground-bolt in the back-box.

HOLY COW... this game is so rocking in a home setting !!!
totally different experience than playing out in a loud public setting.

Took a few minutes to realize the flipper buttons are the settings menu navigation buttons. haha

totally does not need a shaker. this game rocks & rattles enough as is.
had to bend the left lower sling contacts a little back to keep it from firing on vibrations. no biggie.
think i need to bend or something the playfield rail-rest under the playfield. not sure yet, but looks like it might be making contact with the giant bass speaker, adding extra vibration to the game.

that bass is something else !! love it.
really dig how the backglass color changes during certain events. Excellent color choices.

think i might add some extra lighting to the upper playfield. any recommendations?

I'm on v.14 of code. noticed a few interesting things... probably solved already with v.15.
but, after finding & activated adult audio & video, one of the small bloody font sets became corrupted.
I just rebooted machine, and font looked fine.

Those mid-level slings on the left & right are insane !!! I love & hate them
I've totally got the incline too high (probably at like 9 degrees), and wow it plays super fast. Kinda like it, but should adjust it.

The left & right orbits are a beech to hit.
Very cool that we can back-hand some unexpected shots.
The ball(s) can become lightening fast (which i dig). Sometimes they start banging left-and-right so much & so fast, that the guard wire blocking the shooter lane will bounce up & a ball will get sent into it. (i actually like that).

Seems like one of the critical things to do in this game is constantly hit the coffin targets and get additional balls added to playfield.

The adult settings call-outs and videos area a must. So good, that I wish there were more.

So incredibly glad I've got this game.
Team Spooky has NAILED IT. This is a must own game!!!!
If you don't have it, find someone who does & insist that you come over and play it in a home setting.
This pin makes others look tame. Did I mention how great this music is combined with a pinball machine ?!?!?! ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

ps. The gang of 17 year-olds here think the lit-up fried chicken toy is too cool.

image (resized).jpg

#6442 3 years ago

think i need to get lights for the speakers. any vendor recommendations?

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Great write up!
Believe it not, we have more to add in!

Sweet !!! Can't wait.
This pin is such a blast.

#6448 3 years ago

Wife (not a pin player) tried zombie tonight. Managed to do this on 2nd ball.
Took us both a min to figure out where it went

#6451 3 years ago

The sling power is on the shipping setting for v14. I think that's "high" setting.
I wasn't paying perfect attention, but I think the ball crawled up the lane from the left flipper toward the sling, but had so much crazy spin on it, that it caught a grip with the rubber and pulled itself up under it. We thought it had drained, but really it just vanished right before us. After looking around, we found it under the left sling. Wow.

It was a very cool visual effect watching the ball just vanish. Neither one of us saw it go under the sling, it just vanished, & it was just a 1 ball on playfield point in time.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Interesting... are the sling posts taller than most games?

I don't think so, but worth checking out

#6454 3 years ago

Maybe the new unused balls are still a bit slicker than normal & that combined with smooth glossy playfield & incredible ball spin action were the magic combo?

Just noodling...

#6456 3 years ago

Got in some game time last night.
Wow... this game really-really comes alive during game play. Both audio, visual, gameplay & tactile.
This pin shakes, rattles, vibrates & fights back!

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have all of the Rob Zombie lighting upgrades available to order off my website, here is the link to the store if anyone would like to purchase them:
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

ah cool. that's what it needs.
how long does it take to ship ?

#6492 3 years ago

i have like 40 seventeen year-olds coming over tomorrow for halloween party.
Rob Zombie pin will be the high-light !!

#6494 3 years ago

I'm dressing up as a Spooky Pinball advertisement for our Halloween party with about 40 teenagers ready to play Rob Zombie pinball tonight

image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6585 3 years ago

Just thought I'd share some counter-feedback based on what snyper2099 has written multiple times here...

i was concerned by the volume of early flippers of this pin before I received mine, but then i saw the flippers of Ghostbusters (which was massively insane), and became less concerned. Clearly, the norm now is a certain percentage of flippers for the sake of just flipping.

I played the RZ pin at shows, but those are bright & very loud settings & the game code was still in-progress at those times, so the experience was limited.

But let me just say, when we unboxed this pin & hit play (in a very dark room by the way), it is an absolute blast.
I've had multiple groups over to play, and they've all enjoyed it. People of many different ages & eye-sight quality (in this dark room).
I've had 40 teenagers over to play it, and they think it's insanely cool. They totally love the music, the game play, the upper & lower slings, the light-up fried chicken and the call outs.

None of us have had any problems seeing the balls in this dark room. It's dark/goth music, and the dark artwork is an absolute perfect match. Reminds me of how dark my Addam's Family pin is (another dark/goth theme).

This pin is an audio, visual, tactile & gameplay champion. Especially in a dark home setting where you can become fully emersed into the experience. I could not be more impressed by this game & totally recommend it to anyone thinking about buying it. Much like many of the games I own, having a pin in a home setting is just a completely different experience than out in the wild. I say the same thing about my Tron LE and GOTLE.

I guess if you want a Rainbow Brite themed artwork pin, there's options out there for you.

rainbow-brite (resized).png

2 weeks later
#6655 3 years ago

amazing pin, such a party favorite. turn it UP !

#6672 3 years ago

i'm ready for the next code drop
totally siked

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thought I would post this here and se what people thought.
Swapped out the speaker grill covers on my Rob Zombie Spookshow International pinball tonight.
I bought these speaker grill covers which are for an AC/DC pinball. They are a different size speaker cover than what Spooky uses for their speaker covers so I had to modify them a little bit. I liked the Olivia Devil girl pinup look better than the spooky ghost and felt like this was a more befitting look(can always swap it back). In the end I think it give it a bit more of White Zombie/Rockabilly feel and seems to work well in my opinion. Had to cut them out and smooth them down with a dermel tool to make them work. Also turned the speaker grill sideways so the bars are vertical rather than horizontal so it gives it more of a jail bars kind of look. Im pretty happy with how it came out and think it looks pretty cool.

pimpin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sale Pending!
Fairfax Station, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside