image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 8 years ago

I can't believe people are crying thst AMH owners get first crack. It's called rewarding your early adopters guys. A great move. Also they need to set a pin limit to drive sales otherwise everyone would just wait. Spooky knows what they are doing and they deliver. Don't change a thing guys.

#84 8 years ago

Also I think they know at their size they will need 2 years to make 300 pins. So by the time they are done they can get game 3 going. They don't want to just make one pin for years and years. It's a good move.

#107 8 years ago

No one can complain about a pinball company that only asks you to pay once your game is ready for production.

#254 8 years ago

I love this thread. This is how pinball boutique threads should be. Can't wait to see this title!

#339 8 years ago

The LE chase just needs to stop. Charlie, you are doing it right. Reward the loyal. And this is just a different art package. Relax people.

What I don't get is why Spooky didn't charge more for a licensed pin. Surely they could have charged another thousand per pin. $300,000 is a lot to leave on the table for a boutique, no?

#528 8 years ago

How can anyone have anything bad to say about spooky, the planned 300, the theme, anything? It's like some people need drama just to keep a thread going. This thread should be quiet now until we see some of that gorgeous art!

3 months later
#1092 8 years ago

Such a dream come true for Spooky...so happy seeing them ship a Rob Zombie pin to one of their hero's Rob Zombie.

#1181 8 years ago

Amazing artwork. That style on the playfield and cabinet is going to = one of the most gorgeous pins ever. The good news is we're going to see an improvement in art across the pinball world now. Stern has taken it on the chin over GOT art and with Spooky, Heighway, Dutch, JJP all bringing gems to market, it's going to be great watching each company try and ONE UP each other's art. Kudos to Charlie and team!

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What does the Alien backglass look like??

I mean Heighway. Aurich's gonna deliver.

#1191 8 years ago

"Nobody will see the cabinet art once the decals peel off"

- Stern

#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea, Spooky's use of a highly talented artist producing all original artwork for the game is is doing it right.
I'm not yet convinced that Stern is in the "one up" game... they appear to be content cobbling together a handful of licensed images using photoshop for their products. MET was an aberration (DD was requested by Metallica), and KISS is a nod to the 70's artwork... both far better than anything else they do or have done.

Well Stern doesn't have to "ONE UP" until someone can ship consistently. They still have a monopoly in this industry.

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is anyone else nervous about the list??? I sent an email and got a simple response that I was added, but I would feel better if there was something more formal??

I'm nervous I'm not on the list

1 month later
#1547 8 years ago

I love everything about this project. Spooky is the fan favorite company for sure!

1 week later
#1585 8 years ago

Love Spooky so much. This company is what Zidware wanted to be. Limited pins people want. Stick to the limited number. Have higher demand than supply. Oh and almost 50% less than Zidware games.

#1651 8 years ago

Anyone else like, "Man even just a corner of the apron makes me want one!!"

#1805 8 years ago

7 minutes.

#1881 8 years ago

Looks amazing. Great cabinet art. Looks like tons of fun. Hope pinside stays positive as I have a hunch everyone posting now is in on it and the nay sayers will come out later.

#1944 8 years ago

Not sure why that posted again. Can't wait to see how this flips. Cool day whenever new pinball enters the world.

#1995 8 years ago

Did the artist who did the cabinet do the playfield?

#2092 8 years ago

As more hi-res images surface, the more me likey! Charlie, did you guys shoot this thing on an iPhone? It's amazing what good lighting / camera will do for a pinball reveal. This is still 100x better than a computer render. Looks damn sweet. When does production start?

#2178 8 years ago

Congrats to all those getting one. Great day for all of you and pinball in general. Congrats Charlie. Ben. And the team at Spooky.

#2363 8 years ago

Let me ask a simple question: if Stern or JJP presented playfield art like this what would the reaction be?

Aurich is 100% spot on here. Charlie should pull a Jack and fix this art before production. It's easy to change plastics and mirror blades, but playfield art is forever.

edit: I think pinside is all trying to help. This feels just like a JJP / Hobbit situation. But in this case Charlie is so much further along than Jack was. Just a few changes and it would be perfect.
I also see Charlie's dilemma. Heck the pin is sold out. Robs approved it. He may not want to go back to rob and ask for another round of approvals. But it sounds like Rob loves being involved and making it the best pin ever so Rob should know this is the new reality of making pinball. Customer feedback can bring about positive change before it's too late.

Not sure how this will turn out, but I'm just happy we have an honest share out going on. Have to admit I was terrified to say anything about the playfield yesterday or suffer the mobs vitriol.

#2394 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, listened to it today. I don't do podcasts much as a rule, but any time I listen to Nate's it's great. Had the pleasure of meeting him at Expo this year, so I could look the man who trolled me during that Spooky presentation in the eye.
I really want to see the gameplay video, I'm really curious to see the game in action. As I said earlier, when Charlie and I first talked I was really going at it from the angle of "you need an autolauncher, you need a mode shot, you need this and that". And I probably came off like a dick, and we just didn't see eye to eye. Later Charlie admitted I had to some good points, and now I'm publicly saying that he was right too, and we need more randomness, more evil, and less fan flow flow flow.
Charlie, I apologize for speaking for you, but you told me once that this was your game, that you wanted to do it your way, and if you failed then you failed on the merits of your own ideas. I think I told you that I respected that, and if I didn't I'm telling you now, I respect that a lot.
I'm stubborn, and a control freak. I'm a pretty nice guy I think, and I try and not hold onto those attributes too strongly, but I'd be the first person to admit that they are there. And sometimes they're great things to guide you. And sometimes you gotta let go, listen to the people who want the best for you, and be willing to try things.
I mean no offense to Charlie. He's a legend in pinball already to me, who the hell else has done what he has? I feel the same way about Ben. AMH wasn't perfect, he knows it, but damn, he built a f—king pinball. That's amazing. I'd love to say I've done it, but I haven't even finished *helping* make one yet.
So when I speak about things here know that in some ways I'm speaking to myself. Pinside is a sounding board for me, writing out my thoughts helps me clarify them, and the feedback I get informs them. But I also just wanted to say to Charlie, look, people are loving what you did, and you're amazing. But I think there's a flaw that could use some attention, and if you were willing to hear that I think it would be in your best interests. You don't have to do it my way, or let me help you, or anything else (though I would), but just maybe hear me out, and be willing to try and make something you worked on so hard better.
I could write that in an email to him, but I don't think it would work. So I decided that being quiet about how I felt was doing no one any favors, and I wrote it out. You might be surprised how many people feel similarly, but didn't want to say anything.
I think I'm done with it, probably was a stupid idea. But I felt like trying, because otherwise I was just writing posts in my head, and I had to get it out.
If you didn't read this far I don't blame you, but I mean every word.

Aurich, you're a great guy. I know we've had our differences. But I went up at Expo just to say hi because I absolutely respect you as a person and a designer. And you have to be stoked about designing a pinball machine. That's a dream come true. So it's with 100% love that I say this: stop offering design help to the competition. Design feedback is fine. Everything you said in this thread was fine UNTIL you offered Charlie to help fix his playfield art problems.

You work for the competition. Plain and simple. You were up on stage with Andrew and Heighway...That is your team. That should be your family man. I get it, you love pinball and want to chime in. And believe me, you should. But when you offer to help "fix" it for someone, that is 1000000% wrong. Stay true to the guy who's cutting you checks and know where that line is. You normally do. But this time it just feels like you're saying stuff to make yourself look better, but in reality, you're just acting like a fanboy with no loyalty at all. And look, the most admirable quality in a man is trust. And if I were Andrew, I would be like, "What the fuck are you doing offering to help design Charlie's game?" Andrew is the nicest guy and may be letting this slide, but you have great potential to be an asset long term in pinball making, but when you sign on with a team, act like a pro and show them some respect. Enough of this "love of pinball" bullshit people. These are companies competing for dollars. Real money to survive and grow.

Still love you Aurich and I know you'll agree on some level.

#2417 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Did I miss where he signed a blood oath with Heighway? I thought he was a freelance graphic designer, a contractor. His next work could be with any company making a machine.
Alex Horley is a great artist, but when I saw the playfield I felt it was done by someone without any real love of pinball. The art could just has easily been for a CD cover or motorcycle gas tank. As an artist that happens to love pinball, Aurich is very qualified to give an opinion or offer help. You know a forum has gone Bizarro World when unqualified people are telling the qualified to shut up.

Seriously TOK, usually you have ground to stand on with your constant contradiction of me, but this time you are dead wrong. People, pinsiders, CHIME IN.

Who think's it's OK for Aurich to offer Charlie design help on RZ while he's currently designing a game for a competitor? He may not be on Heighway's staff or have a Heighway email, but he sure as hell is part of that team right now. I have no issues with Aurich giving feedback or even saying how things could improve, but to offer Charlie his skills when his skills are being utilized for Heighway is just wrong. It's a damn timing thing man. Freelancer or not, if you're doing work for Pepsi at the moment, are you gonna help Coke out?

The real issue is everyone looks at this stuff through the "love of pinball" lens. But when you put on your professional goggles, it's silly to offer to help a competitor make his/her product better.

#2419 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is another play field art masterpiece to compare against. Rolling eyes again.
Some people may love it?
009.jpg

TRON and ACDC look 10X better than RZ playfied man. At least there's more balance to the art and your eye travels up the playfield. It's like Spooky rain out of ink halfway up.

It's just annoying that those in on RZ have consumed so much coolaid that they are now shitting on Stern pins that have much more artistic direction going on.

We're all happy about what Spooky is doing and the package is 85% stellar. People are just hoping to make it as close to perfect as possible before production, that's all.

Also, if you think RZ will shoot or have code like an ACDC or TRON...keep dreaming.

#2421 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Guess it depends on perspective. A mini playfield, interactive robot toy, large color dmd, and interactive toy on the mini playfield makes me feel like it is equal or more than Iron Man or Metallica. Those games have little going on playfield wise that aren't "standard pinball" and I love them.
If I added a color dmd and sound system to Iron Man, that would be what, an additional $500 or so? So, what - Spooky is charging an extra $500 over a Stern Pro but limiting production to equal or less than most Stern LE titles?
If anyone really looks at the game and thinks that they aren't getting enough, don't get it. Let someone who really wants it get it.
Secondly, if you are buying due to resale value, don't. If people are paying $6k for something they aren't happy with from the reveal and it turns out they don't like the game play, what will the resale market really be like? It won't be $10k by Christmas, I can assure you that.
I am about 95 percent certain that I'm in. I'm sold on all parts of the package, I just need to put together the money. I'm surprised by there being so much complaint on here, and I worry it's by speculators who only want to buy the game to flip quickly. Don't be that guy.

It's safe to say everyone who's going to get one will be happy. The thing that's happening is this: pinball fans are critiquing what they see fairly. On day 1, it was as if RZ got a pass because we all love Charlie. But there's no denying the fact that playfield art is not their strong point. I also feel the toys and plastics look a little cheap and home brew, but again, Spooky is a home brew kind of shop. So not slamming it, just saying that's they type of game you're getting. It's a bit more craft pinball then big beer pinball (stern).

#2424 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

This thread has gone crazy. I love it so far can't wait to see it in action and i love that it's different not same old layout. Good job charlie
This is simple don't buy it if you don't like it and

It's not a question of don't buy if you don't like. It's a question of whether or not Spooky will listen to customer feedback and make improvements before launch. Not because they won't sell all 300 otherwise. But because everyone here always wants to see a pin ship in it's best possible form. Hell we ALL LOVE GOT and had to accept that art. I think we all saw what Jack did with Hobbit and feel like we collective helped make that game better and we can do the same here. Wishful thinking maybe, but look at the difference in Hobbit now.

#2426 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really looking forward to gameplay video this week.
Also hoping I can make it to the shop to play the RZ sample sometime.
Gameplay (how does it shoot, what is the code/ruleset) is ALL I care about. I can say 100% that I have hated a few recent Stern games until the code was polished and it blew me away (looking at you TWD).
I look back at what I care about in a game and while art is a nicety, it is very far down the list.
Are so many people really so heavily weighted on art that any of it is a go/no go decision maker for them? or is it that we only have the art to judge by so far, so that is the main thing to critique?

Art is how a woman looks.
Code is how she F#$ks.

We're initially drawn in by the art.

#2428 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a discussion and comparison pal. And Tron and Acdc look like total shit by comparison, sorry. You are "annoyed", that's hysterical.

So Ice, you want to go on record and state that RZ's playfield is nicer than TRON's and ACDC's? For real?

#2432 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

NO, "we" don't ALL love GOT. I don't like what I see at all so far. Same old same old. I could end up liking it but I'd never buy it because their are too many other better options for me out there.

I meant the show silly...should have clarified.

But back to my other question. Are you saying RZ'd playfield is better than TRON and ACDCs? Because I really want to know if you stand behind that statement.

#2434 8 years ago

Ice I respect your opinion. But I also think you're smoking the Spooky Pipe if you think that a half barren playfield is better than those Stern's you've mentioned. I'll let other's chime in.

#2436 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Is there a point to all this belly aching? This is a small, boutique pinball maker doing things different. What are you expecting especially given what AMH looks like? I thought the home brew feel and exclusiveness was the big draw. If you don't love RZ don't buy it. Plain and simple.

I think the belly aching comes from those on the order list making statements like "this is the best art in pinball ever." If you're going to say that, then the art package has to carry over to the playflied. And regardless of homebrew, there's a way to make a playfield pop and excite and this one just feels rushed and incomplete. Also sharing opinions about new machines gets everyone going. In 3 weeks, it will be us bitching about Ghostbusters or Spiderman VE

#2443 8 years ago

Look, let's all go enjoy our Sunday. Machine will make those who buy happy. People saying Stern's playfield art layout is standard and they wanted something different, fine. I'll guess I'll buy that. Even if the top half has no art and the inserts don't mesh. It is what it is. Hope the 300 buyers enjoy and love this pin. Charlie, we still love you and all Spooky stands for.

#2497 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Or maybe everything is great and making the changes you suggest will have a negative impact. Between the Spooky guys who have money on the line, or random internet stranger, I'll defer to the experts and say all of this armchair game designing is silly.
I don't think I've seen 1 pair of side panel art that wasn't cheesy, or dumb, or flat out didn't fit in with the theme well. We don't need that crap.

So the only pro designer weighed in and said, "meh". Any credibility in that?

#2512 8 years ago

I'm going back on what I said earlier. Charlie should just ship this pin as is. It is what it is...he's got ALL SOLD and a list double that wanting in. Honestly, our feedback is asinine the more I think about it. This isn't even close to the Hobbit scenario. Jack had paid-in-full pre-order people unhappy. That's different. JJJP would have SANK if Hobbit flopped. But Charlie can keep this pin as is and EASILY sell the 300.

I think the playfield art just came down to $$$$. It's expensive to pay an artist like ALEX to spend tons of hours on the most intricate piece of art.

#2805 8 years ago

We are all happy Charlie & Co. have pulled it off. I do feel like we are starring at this pin in a vacuum. Hard to look at it objectively because:

1. We all love Spooky
2. It's sold out, anyway
3. It's at least different

I think the pin is different, however that video doesn't blow me away when I think about other pinball machines out there. If you step outside the vacuum, I'm not sure how people are seeing this pin with such over the top enthusiasm. It's 100% because of Charlie. If Stern released this pin as is, what would the reaction be? I'm not hating on it, just saying it looks fun but not the end all be all as some are saying.

#2811 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Does any pin look good watching it on youtube?
It's the feeling you get from playing it and the final code that now counts.
And don't have answers to either of those questions yet....

That's a good point. Just hard you know to ask people to pay then with just a YouTube video. I agree with you.

#2840 8 years ago

It's impossible to talk about this pin objectively. Pinball is art.

So I heard Aurich might not go in due to the $1,000 deposit due during the holidays. Would be a shame since he wanted an RZ pin from Spooky. I offered to lend him the $1,000 until the pin ships. We will see if he accepts.

#2849 8 years ago

Look I believe Aurich's feedback on art was spot on. I know how bad he wanted to LOVE the over all art package. He's made such a hoopla about his decision. Just make it. Let someone on the list in if you don't want it. But if holiday $$$ is the issue, just saying, I'll cover that cost for him.

#3071 8 years ago

I say this with full respect. It saddens me to see Aurich drop out. This is one of his dream themes. I wish Charlie would have asked him to help art direct Alex's PF efforts. Aurich just couldn't enjoy a pin with a playfield like that.

#3082 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

And another thread that has nothing to do with kaneda is now all about him.
He is not buying one. No one cares and yet he we are!!

I make one post. 20 people respond. Who makes it about me? Me or them? Look simmer down people. I actually like RZ and think it's different and will be a blast to play. Just think it sucks Aurich backed out. This was his dream pin.

#3090 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The playfield art is really growing on me too. I think less is more in this case.
Pretty sure kaneda has a man crush on aurich, why else would he try and lend him money or obsess over him?

No crush, we are both hyper posters and I take his opinions about art seriously. Him passing on rob zombie would be like me passing on an Akira pin.

#3094 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You don't think offering to pay for Aurich is a tad "weird"? And then continuing to go on and on about it?

I am a bit weird

#3123 8 years ago

I didn't get my number. What does that mean?

#3234 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The best thing I'm seeing here is people that really want this game get it. People are bowing out to let the next guy on the list have a chance.
No one seems to be buying to flip it for double later. Good to see people only getting one game and not multiples.
A special game for sure, soooo happy about the theme, music and color DMD is amazing ! Custom all out adult filthy speech by not one but 3 people involved in the title is going to be great. Easily the most adult pinball machine to date ever.

Well people will openly admit they are giving it up for someone on line, nobody is going to come onto Pinside and admit they are staying in just to flip. I expect there to be a few for sale right away after shipping occurs. It's gonna happen.

#3269 8 years ago

Can I still order an RZ?

#3271 8 years ago

Playfield and translite art just leaked.

spooky.jpgspooky.jpg

#3298 8 years ago

Has anyone who lives near Spooky gone by to play RZ? Or is the next hands reserved for Jack Danger?

#3300 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I was there yesterday

and...........

#3315 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

There's your chance Kaneda! Be sure to have your wallet ready for when that rolls around.

AMH went for what? $16,000? too rich for my blood.

#3316 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

There's your chance Kaneda! Be sure to have your wallet ready for when that rolls around.

AMH went for what? $16,000? too rich for my blood.

Quoted from Jetzxi:I played it 2 weeks ago, the game is badass. Maybe you can trade somebody your Hellcat for one? Not me though, I don't like the white one..........now maybe if it was orange you'd have yourself a deal.

you were saying what about a white hellcat?

IMG_2666_(resized).JPGIMG_2666_(resized).JPG

IMG_2658_(2)_(resized).JPGIMG_2658_(2)_(resized).JPG

#3339 8 years ago

Are they really gonna finish the new shop in just 3 weeks?

#3342 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Yes.
Those Wisconsin workers build shockingly fast. If you're not on Facebook and have missed the pictures Charlie has been posting, they've already made great progress on the shop build.

Cool. Excited for these guys.

#3428 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's a feature, not a bug . If I want the same old game with a little different layout and new art I can buy 3 Sterns a year. Even JJP, very similar gameplay and predictable art, but with more toys.
We need more companies pushing the limits of the rules, theme, art etc.
JJP might have the most toys, Stern might be the most consistent, but you don't play the toys and we've had consistent for a long time.
I'm ready for something different. So far on paper this game is amazing. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a blast, they wouldn't let it out the door if it wasn't.

Well Red Hot Pussy Liquor is definitely different

#3451 8 years ago

I love the community helping to code this pin. Super cool.

#3547 8 years ago

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?

I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

#3549 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Screenshot_2016-01-04-06-01-36.png

My car was built after the recall date. Your point being? Look all I'm saying is this...when someone says they saw the pin in person and now get what the artists was going for with the upper playfield look, what were they going for? It just looks blank on the upper playfield and a huge black area on the space underneath.

I love everything else about this pin, but it's being reviewed in a vacuum for sure. When will they have it at a show so non buyers can play / review. I know I know everyone is sold, but I still want to know how people not in feel after flipping. Is that ok?

#3551 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

My point is not everything has to be absolutely perfect. Your post was pointless and useless. Anything I say beyond that probably won't be very nice. Did you ever think that not every thought that pops into your head needs to be posted here?

Quoted from RustyLizard:

My point is not everything has to be absolutely perfect. Your post was pointless and useless. Anything I say beyond that probably won't be very nice. Did you ever think that not every thought that pops into your head needs to be posted here?

We're on pinside man, not in a client meeting. Ghostbusters speculation thread has like 15 pages of nothing but people posting every thought that pops into their head.

Look, I love this pin but just think there's one area that should be polished more. It's not gonna happen and that's fine. I'll shut up about it now.

#3554 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't look too empty to me!
Are you talking about the art on the upper pf itself?

image_(resized).jpeg

Yeah, just the art. The toys look amazing.

#3556 8 years ago

Don't ignore me my friend!!!!

#3557 8 years ago

This pin is gonna be awesome. I'll leave it at that. I hope someone makes some plastics for it and then it will be even sweeter.

#3573 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok
Can you please code in a spinner on the upper playfield for me
or is there another switch it could tie into well?
This is a mod I will come up with so long as there is a cool/good way to implement it in the software. I will be happy to share with others whatever it is I develop. Basically I like spinners and want one. I feel it is the one thing missing from the game and completely understand the game is 'done' and dont expect Spooky to add it/ respect their decision to not add it. That said, would really be cool if there was a way for a modder to easily add it it and have the software work with the mod

Most mods don't require code adjustments to work. I'd stick to the plastics and other visual mods to enhance the pin. First thing this baby needs is a pair of black mirror blades. I wish companies would offer mirror blade installation straight from the factory.

#3598 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice. If I had stayed in on the Standard I would definitely buy the LE translite to swap into my game, to me it's the far superior option. Glad he's letting people do that.

Is this confirmed. I thought they said they weren't doing this. Sort of makes the LE pointless. Given they all are LEs...

#3626 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He's not a retard.
rd

LMFAO!!! So true. He also surrounds himself with makers...Mr. Heck is a man who gets shit done.

#3627 8 years ago

These translites are like starring at two perfect breasts, trying to decide which to fondle first (with consent of course). You can't lose either way.

#3645 8 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

The LE backglass artwork sure would have made an amazing playfield and plastics set.
RZ-fantasy-playfield_(resized).jpg

Wow, just wow, this is amazing.

#3666 8 years ago

Let's not have short memories now. People's feedback made Hobbit look so much nicer. It's hard not to see what could have been when you line them up side by side. Spooky owns all the art. I think Aurich said it best...you need a designer to help guide the artist on how to lay stuff out.

RZ-playfield-comparison_(1)_(resized).jpgRZ-playfield-comparison_(1)_(resized).jpg

#3670 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Except for the plastics, I like the one on the left better....

Look at the upper playfield art. Ted I know you see it!!!

#3705 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

"Tune in to http://www.Twitch.tv/dead_flip on January 15th for live game play stream of Spooky Pinballs latest creation, Rob Zombie Spookshow International!! Jack Danger and the whole spooky crew will duke it out and explain the details of the machine as they battle! See you there!! Time TBD."
Brad

How's the weather in Benton? Construction in the winter almost always equals delays.

#3754 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It's a troll. Reads like something Kaneda would write. That guy has mental issues and loves attention no matter how good or bad.

You guys really need to stop calling me a troll. I don't troll. I may post a lot, but at least I know what the hell I'm talking about. I've stated many times Spooky is not a gamble at all.

#3787 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Now that looks sweet

FB_IMG_1452708768381_(resized).jpg

Any more shots?

#3789 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There will only be 300 made as Charlie has stated multiple times. Once could already consider it wildly successful as it sold out very quickly. No more will be made. Your only chance to buy one will be the second-hand market.

Adding to this. There will be games for sale as games will be flipped for sure. How much over MSRP is still up in the air.

#3796 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Price is staying the same it's been set and not changing

I meant how much over MSRP people will try and flip NIB for. It's gonna happen for sure

#3799 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

No worries, but now I'm always going to remember this day as the day you made me stick up for Kaneda. ☹

For that I'm gonna PayPal you $5! PM me your email to claim your prize!!!

#3850 8 years ago

I covered the twitch stream in my Podcast tonight:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kanedas-pinball-podcast-5-beta-test/page/6

Think I gave Whysnow a shout out.

I enjoyed what they showed.

#3880 8 years ago

Game looks fun as sh#t. At the end of the day, that's ALL that matters.

2 weeks later
#4178 8 years ago

I just ordered a RZ. Have one coming in.

#4180 8 years ago

Life is like a box of chocolates.

#4182 8 years ago

pee-wee herman is my friend.

#4191 8 years ago

Any word on when RZ's will be shipping? I heard February was the timeframe. And I may have been a bit BUZZZZED last night when I said I was getting one. But still taking that bet Whysnow, come on the show many and let's discuss this stuff!

#4193 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think that's half the problem around here. Drunk posting. My old mate Icey is famous for it. Then you wake up in the morning and discover what shit you've been dribbling.
The Surgeon General says: DONT DRINK AND POST.

rd

But it's so much fun

1 week later
#4243 8 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Yep here is pic and post from Spooky FB. Games gonna Rock!!!
"Because when you build a game for Rob Zombie, Flipper Fidelity encourages the use of a big bad ass subwoofer... At no extra cost to you!"

12734278_1033078686753358_5356075694178780354_n_(resized).jpg

Awesome! You owners are gonna get a rocking ass game.

#4254 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Yes, I was referring to nice upgrades from the factory. Hopefully more information will be available by the end of this month. Even at around 100 dollars. I am in.

Those upgrades seem like no brainers.

#4256 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I wish every company gave the opportunity to buy a game NIB with protectors pre-installed. I just picked up a WOZ and would really love to have cliffy and plastic protectors on it, but don't have the time to do all that myself.

You don't have time to install protectors? Do you even have time to play? I'm serious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.