Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 4 years ago

Will it ships to Europe? France?? (If France is on Spooky's blacklist, I can collect it at any European port...)

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Answer from Spooky (Charlie Emery) today. Bad news for all pin guys outside US, especially for us in Europe:
Sorry, we aren't authorized per contract to ship to Europe on this game.
... wish I had a better answer.

Got the same answer.

Nature will find a way...

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Never heard about this theme. Checked it... Just awefull....

That's it...you nailed it: awe-full.
I am full of Awe for Rob Zombie.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Congrats for the AWESOME theme!!! Couldn't get better!!!!!

So... is one coming to Brazil?

Because one will be in France, one way or another, soon or later...

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

But what about Spooky? I've seen that they won't export to Europe either....

Right. But there are ways... Buying a used Pin is a solution.
PS: what about a Sepultura pin? That would be a fantastic base for artwork.
PS2: I love Taito's Defender clone, Mr Black. Wish I could see one in Europe one day.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I am in the interested list according to the response email I got Monday morning.

I am too... despite the European ban problem...

Quoted from JosiahCox:

I have a feeling the interested list will be way higher than 300

Agreed

Quoted from JosiahCox:

the amount that will actually deposit the 1k will probably be lower than 300 out of the gate.

I would not bet on that!

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

L, R, 3, and 4 is a very odd way to name flippers.
LL, LR, UL, and UR makes more sense and is more descriptive with fewer characters. You guys need to work on your efficiency over at Alien pinball headquarters

How are you going to name WOOLY's 6 flippers then?
LL, ML and UL + LR, MR and UR?

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You guys keep making it sound like a no obligation pre-order, but it's simply not the case. Once artwork is revealed, buyers are obligated to put money down without being able to try it first for fear of losing a spot.

So what?
Remember AMH was limited to 150 from the beginning... still, they had a hard time selling a handful initially.
How different is the situation now? Is Spooky guilty of some misconduct?
Short answer is no. The only thing that changed is Perspective.

Now people know they can manufacture pins for real, they chose a good theme and now have a loyal customer base.
Spooky probably underestimated how important these factors were to most customers.

We will see most "expressions of interest" will translate into hard cash deposit. Given how versatile pinsiders can be, it may be worth staying on a waiting list. Wait until Stern announces Steven Richie's GoT with LCD display.

(disclaimer: I am on Spooky's list - GoT is my dream theme but I know I will be able to find one on location or be allowed to buy it used)

1 week later
#807 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The July 4th was the date we'd release any remaining LE's to non AMH customers... it's a non issue because there are far more than 50 AMH customers who'd like an LE. You can jump on the standard list now, and I suggest you email kt@spookypinball.com quickly.

I may be confused. Thought early July (July 4th?) would also correspond to an official disclosure of artwork, layout, etc? Am I wrong?
For those officially on the list (I hope I am... indirectly due to my unfortunate EU address) how long will we have to wire the $1000?

Suggestion: someone may create an official update locked thread for RZ?

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Saw 20 new post today

There were not 20 posts today before yours... Only two.

Quoted from Excalabur:

It's easy to only look at comments by a particular user (SpookyCharlie) in a thread. All the info is there.

I just reread the 19 posts from Spooky Charlie and spooky pinball website. I am probably dumb, but I could not find an exact date for reveal (see below) at least in his posts in this thread. Closest I could find are pasted below. When is the Expo?

This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it.

Deposit of $1,000 when we show the FULL GAME.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Check the posts in this thread by ben heck he says expo to. Pretty sure he is referring to the pinball expo in Chicago

Got it, thanks:

Quoted from benheck:

Hopefully Expo.

Happy to know I don't have to pay $1000 this month... need $ for the Predator lawsuit. I hesitated but I decided simply can't let it pass.
Believe it or not, but there was a time when I thought I would receive a refund from Kevin for the Predator deposit early enough to pay for AMH...

PS: a locked RZ update thread would be handy, especially if Expo reveal is in October. Any mod wants to make it? Tiger?

Quoted from Mitch:

Np although i did edit my post before you quoted me and it wasn't directed at you so dont flatter yourself.

Deleted my comment

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

People die. It's what we do.

Sorry but no. I'm allergic to dying!
(says Eminem)

2 months later
#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't buy AMH and I'm on the RZ interested list.

Same.

3 weeks later
#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Is the translite going to be available for purchase individually?

Another vote for extra translites FS. Would buy at least one.

1 week later
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Apparently they dont have license to sell overseas/europe... what the hell :s

True (except for Australia). But I do not think this is a license issue, rather a EU certification problem.

#1300 4 years ago

As long as rules do not change after money changes hands (deposit asked) I do not mind if they announce more than 300 games.
I am on the list but I have not paid anything, so Spooky can change the rules if they think they can make more than 300. They do not owe me anything.

Once / if I pay a $1000 deposit I expect a clear policy. Which can basically be anything from:
-"we will stick to 300"
-"we will make 400 or 500""
- "We will produce as many games as we can in 24 months - or 36..."

On the other hand, if producing more pins means waiting longer to see game #3, stick to 300!

1 week later
#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, probably mentioned in other threads, but GoT looks suspiciously like The Hobbit in layout and theme IMHO. Not a coincidence that JJP showed a swords and sorcery themed design with an open playfield and crossing ramps in the top center and a captured ball in the middle, and Stern all of a sudden happens to be making the same.

OK for the theme but TH and GoT layouts have nearly nothing in common. Games are polar opposites...

1 month later
#1663 4 years ago

Noon eastern time tomorrow... let me think... should be a good time for an early Friday evening beer here

#2050 4 years ago

Uh ? No email ? I thought I was on the list !?

#2201 4 years ago

Added to the list on June 16 but no email yet

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Has anyone from Europe ordered AMH or this? And is anyone going to give me the courtesy to answer my fucking questions? I feel like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. No-one can fucking see me
hello

Love the Brits when they get angry
You got a PM so we all expected you got an answer

Short answer is "No, you can't. Spooky won't / can't sell to you."
Longer answer:
you can still find a friend in the US buying it for you. Then buy it second hand from him... and pray the customs won't stop it. Gamble.
From what I know there are a few AMH in Europe.

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You all are getting a tad bit crazy in this thread lol

Rob should be proud of us!

#2991 4 years ago

Officially on the list! Deposit sent. One game should go to France, one way or another.
Hoping to be among the very last numbers because I can barely afford it.

Side comment:
Once upon a time I thought: "If I get back my Predator deposit in time, may be I can grab one of the very last AMH spots".
Not counting on it anymore but...
Kevin, don't think for a minute I will let it go.
If I were allowed to spend money to make you lose money, I would.

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Only 300 made, and only for the US-Market... why ??

CE certification and all that crap. No wonder a small company does not want to get involved in this mess.

#3226 4 years ago

Will we get the "Use my body to keep you alive" quote from RZ / Never Gonna Stop?

Would love to hear that one. Outlane ball save?

2 weeks later
#3643 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Have you even touched a tit before?

Nope. Still trying to decide which to fondle first.

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I tried to fix the left photo a bit to make the playfield a bit more equal.

Anyone tried to fit the right plastics on the left PF?

1 week later
#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I hope you all enjoyed the stream!!!

Fuc***ing Yeah!

Surprised no one tried to use the "C-H-O-P" ball save for lateral drains: try to keep only three lamps lit, keep the last one for a side exit: if the ball drains, it would induce an instant ball save, right?
Easier said than done, anyway.

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The dumb dumb shot is usually something that's dangerous though, because otherwise it could become something that experience players just abuse over and over again, and it starts to dominate the game.

Not necessarily. Take "Ace in the Hole" multiball in WPT. It's fairly easy to start (one shot to raise the prison bar, one to lock the ball, then bash it 2 or 3 times to start. Really easy shots. Far easier to start than any other multiball. Zero risk as this is in the upper playfield area.

But by itself this multiball pays very little. Jackpots are small (Calling them "jackpots" is actually borderline abusive).

The beauty is that it has (at least) three other uses for experienced players who don't want to only collect lousy jackpots:
- accumulate side pots to get an extra ball
- progress towards poker hands with the drop targets (much safer than when a single ball is in play)
- stack it with "Change Gears" mode and get lots of points!

Bottom line is: Ace in the Hole is easy, not dangerous, but good players won't abuse it.

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

What a great diverse group our little Rob Zombie family turns out to be!

Silly question: am I able to join the RZ club knowing I don't have girls but two boys?
(now aged 21 and 18: unsurprisingly, a family friendly mode is not top priority here... Excuse my French)

#221.

2 weeks later
#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Prototype Pinheck REV7 complete.

Love the logo. It brings back some memories...

0ddaa2cc9563823846b512a9cac5cfd5.600x600x1_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Rob Zombie pics... I know there's a zillion out there, but I had Charlie remove the glass for sone close ups and I could not get over the level of detail in Matt's sculpts. Had to share.

Superb!

#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

A big boo to spooky pinball for not shipping to europe.
Would have bought amh and rz in a heartbeat.
Sucks bigtime

A big boo to Europe for imposing crazy bureaucratic rules for certification and import.
Sucks bigtime.

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

One other suggestion - I got the ball past the center drop target (without hitting or dropping it) and up and around the center ramp, was pretty disappointed that didn't provide any kind of award or feedback.

Like a "You're cheating, Doctor Jones!" quote, a la Indian Jones. Someone has to scan Rob Zombie's lyrics to find an appropriate quote!

1 month later
1 week later
#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I'm #293 and I would gladly trade spots with anyone. ?

I am #221 and my only chance to be able to afford RZ is a very late spot. If you want to swap, let's do it!

9 months later
#7353 2 years ago

I had to cancel my RZ preorder for personal reasons

Mailed Spooky, got my refund the next week.
I did not have to send a second email or reminder.
No lame excuses from Spooky, no delay...

Go Spooky.
Wish I could have have stayed on board. I know I would have loved that game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside