image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You really think every single AMH customer would be a repeat customer? We had a lot of people upset AMH didn't have a "family mode"... and it is very mild in the adult humor department with cute kooky ghosts as the villains. I had one guy cancel his AMH order because of this, and he told me to take him off our sales list because we "obviously don't care about people with children". Offering half the games as LE's isn't limited... it's half the run.
Look, we underestimated the demand... sorry. Our intent was not to create drama, it was to offer something special to those who supported us when we really needed it.
We had taken AMH to shows, waited until it was close to production ready... had over 100 people on the "I want it" list. When we sent that initial email out for sales, in the first 2 weeks we sold 1 game... Think about that... 1 GAME. After we poured our entire life savings and 2 years of insane amounts of work into this, with no plan B if Spooky failed. Know who bought that game? Joe Newhart. Then he took it to shows, and started to help sell them to help us. Not a "show game"... HIS OWN PERSONAL GAME.
We could be avoiding this by having no distributors and no LE's. We talked about just selling direct on this because we have sooo many distributors asking us all the time to give them games, and realistically at this level you can't afford to give up that much. At the end of the day, we couldn't do that to a guy like Joe. He busts his ass, he donates tons to charity, he puts games in children's hospitals... he cares... a LOT about pinball in general.
I'm glad we did this the hard way. Just makes me appreciate even more where we're at now. Really, it's all going to be the same playing game... our intent was not to cause drama. Trust me, I freakin' hate drama like you can't imagine.
Let the first world problems go... please. Buy it because you like the game, the theme, the art... whatever it is you enjoy about this game. Don't buy it because it's "limited". The 250 regulars are going to look bad ass, play just as fast and crazy, and be missing NOTHING where it matters... IN THE GAME.
Whew! Now I feel better. Go play some damn pinball!

Don't worry about it Charlie. It's your business so do what feels right to you. You will never make everyone happy so there is no point in trying. A lot of people emailing now will dissappear when money is required. It's refreshing to me to see a company trying to be honest and open and do things the right way. Looking forward to my AMH in a couple of months.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm not going to sit here and write a novel about all the good things Spooky/their initial customers have done for Pinball. I just wanted to give my feedback/constructive criticism on the LE and how its being handled. It doesn't appear to be to off base as Charlie never liked the LE model from past talks but decided to make 50 for this pin.
So, if Charlie doesnt like LE's, they are only making 50, people are downplaying them as just different armor/backglass and nothing really special I just don't see the point in making them. They didn't appear to have a survey and collect feedback on who out of the 150 AMH customers would want an LE so they are rewarding just 50, what if 68 want one? The 18 are just out of luck? You see, this makes no sense and isnt fair.

Life isn't fair and Spooky doesn't owe me anything because I purchased an AMH. All they owe me is an AMH. No matter what the numbers were someone would have missed out and pissed and moaned.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm sorry you disagree w/ Spooky as they felt they did owe AMH buyers (atleast 50 of them) an opportunity to purchase an LE of their 2nd game.
Im done talking about LE's as the ink appears dry on the contract but I do sympathize with the AMH owners that missed out.

Quit trying to spin words and arguing over nothing. Yes, as you pointed out I have a major disagreement with Spooky

Your sympathy is not needed, we are not owed anything. If you don't like how Spooky does things don't buy there games. LE = Limited Edition = Not everyone will get one (unless your are JJP who doesn't seem to understand that the L means limited)

Just come out and say that you want an LE and you can't get one and you are pissed. Otherwise I can't imagine why you are wasting your breath on this.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I upvoted your posted because I like your style.
I didn't buy an AMH but after playing one and really liking it I'm excited to see the progress of this pin and might be a buyer when they ship next year.
(you're right about wasting my breath, im not going to take up space on this thread with that topic anymore)
thanks

It's a free world, take up as much space in it as you want. A little bickering is good for everyone

Some AMH's will hit the secondary market early next year. Everyone that made a mad rush to get the last 40 will not all want to keep it and there should be a lot of awesome games coming out soon that will make people sell. It's a lot of fun, brutally hard though.

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I understand this view. But, why tell how many pins the limited run is, before you know how big the response and interest is?
Why dont keep that info for yourself? Then you always keep the option, after you have build the 300, and there is still demand, to look if anything is possible with the license. Why? Cause you sell more, is more money.
Now you closed that door.
Dont know, it could be an opportunity for you guys to do another run when a pin is really succesfull.

What good is the potential to sell more games if you can't make them before the license runs out? You just end up with people waiting forever to get games that a small company like Spooky can't deliver. I greatly prefer them to under promise and over deliver then the opposite which is what everyone else but stern is doing right now.

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Did you even read my post?
They could renew a license after it has expired and after they build the 300. And do another run if there is demand.
Now they cant anymore. Yeah, they still can do it, but then many LE owners wont be happy.
If you just dont tell how big the limited run is, you dont have that issue. And you keep a nice option to keep your 'assembly line' running after the initial run has been done.
And this aint critism, just a genuine question to Ben, why would you not consider this?

Yes i read your post. The response doesn't mean anything if Spooky cannot deliver that amount of games. They seem to be interested in small controlled growth. I'm glad they are playing it safe and focusing on what they feel they can deliver rather then promising the world.

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I had a question/respectful feedback about the 50 LE decision and asked if a shot map was going to be revealed prior to all the spots for the game being filled. I expected a little more respect and courtesy from a fellow North Carolinian.
A lot of the feedback I received from others besides Charlie has been pretty insulting. Instead of trying to out wise-ass each other for thumbs-up that means nothing you should try to be advocates for Spooky. Offer helpful respectful feedback and make new customers for them. Instead of trying to bring me into the Spooky customer pool ya'll are pushing me and im sure others away. It seems like its just easy for some of you to tell me to screw off and don't be a customer because you are simply lazy and angry.

I'd love to see a shot map also. Sounds like they are planning to wait for a full game reveal though. I'd agree that they need to get one out ASAP but since we are really only placeholders on a list until the game is fully revealed I am not to worried about it. If it doesn't look awesome I'll just remove myself from the list. Join the list, what do you have to lose

#665 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I also had some questions to ask prior to sending an email and having a spot held for me. (You and others call this whining of course). If I was Charlie I'd send you a PM and tell you to chill out and don't tell people who should and shouldn't be a Spooky customer. If you want that ability you should start your own pinball manufacturing company. I have a couple of names on what you could call it..
I went ahead and sent an email last night to KT and will wait for a response but Spooky's site sucks when it comes to communication about this game. There is that small promo video and "To get on the sales list or check game availability, email:" . It says to get on sales list email them but it doesn't elaborate that they will hold a spot for free. Maybe they should setup a FAQ or maybe they don't care because there is enough demand for the game. I know Charlie posts here, on facebook and has a Podcast but the website should have official formal information including a timeline etc..

Cool, hopefully you get a spot. You have to remember this is a very small family business. I doubt there is a lot of time for website updates or money for promotion. I'd guess Spooky is about 1% of the size of stern, at that size it's very hard to keep PR things going and pump out games. In most cases it's the owner at midnight trying to update things between falling asleep at his computer.

1 week later
#800 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I guess I missed that part of the announcement where ever it was said. What is the artist's name? Any examples of his artwork out there? I'd imagine if Rob requested it then he must have done some album cover artwork for him at some point?

http://www.alexhorleyart.com

#811 8 years ago

Expo is in Oct. They have not announced a reveal date yet. Just that the game will be revealed before the initial $1000 deposite is due.

2 months later
#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

Spooky is that wiring job. Prototype or not show some pride.

Have you seen the wiring on any of their production model amh's? It's not going to be an issue so there's no need to be a jackass.

2 weeks later
#1365 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm loving me some RZ but I'm quite sure you are going to be loving on some Stern in 2016 too.
I'm thinking some great changes are coming.

Been hearing that for 3 years.

1 month later
#2245 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When I first watched the reveal video, there was no way in Hell I thought, "I could see myself paying $6k+ for this!"
If I want art, I'll buy art. If I want a pinball machine, I'll buy a pinball machine. Seems easy enough.

Then don't. You obviously do not like Spooky games based on what you have said about AMH and now RZ so don't buy them. Like it or not the playfield, backglass, and cabinets are art on every pinball machine. Pretty much everyone one of them is designed by an artist. When you buy a pinball machine you are buying art. The art may not be important to you but it is still art and you cannot separat the 2.

#2311 8 years ago

It's just a pinball machine. You either are on the list and want one, are on the list and are going to pass, or your not on the list at all. All 3 groups are going to be OK.

Looks pretty cool to me, if the code turns out good it will be a winner.

#2495 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's kind of my point, I was expecting better from Charlie than to just tell people to take it or leave it.
I find the playfield art muddy, indistinct and sparse. They've even somewhat admitted that the playfield is a bit of an issue given the artist's lack of experience. Everyone in the thread has been very supportive and moderate even in their criticism. I see no reason not to address the issue, as Ben has done for example, but instead he just told Aurich to turn off the computer and go outside. That's more like what Jack would say.

Lol, the entire wait was for them to show a complete game that they were ready to move into production. It's real simple, you either like it and want it or you don't. Acting like a company is supposed to react to every statement made on an online forum is stupid.

Charlie, if you are happy with the game tell everyone one to take it or leave it. I just spent a night enjoying the heck out of GOTLE, remember its warm reception? The internet is full of experts on everything.

#2542 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Bye Felicia!
Seriously though. Go find another thread.

Just use the ignore feature. Some people just love to troll.

#2684 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've seen people saying there isn't enough to do. The robot, Captain Spaulding, mini playfield with one flipper, bucket of chicken, and one ramp.

What is your axe to grind with Spooky?

Where have you seen a bunch of people saying there is not enough to do? Seeing as no one knows all of the rules or gameplay how would anyone other them Spooky know what there is to do on the game yet? Your value comments are the funniest things to me. You keep implying that Spooky games are a terrible value at 6K. The funniest part is that all of my sterns and my WOZ are worth less then what I paid for them with the exception of AC/DC. I could sell AMH right now for a nice profit. So if anything, Spooky is the best value in pinball currently. I prefer to play AMH instead of sell it though, it's has more value in fun.

#2686 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I thought this was frowned upon?

When is selling a game ever frowned upon. If you don't like a game or are tired of it the best thing you can do is sell it to someone that would enjoy it. The market sets the price, priced to high and it won't sell (like your slugfest).

So what is you axe to grind? You can't seem to answer that question.

#2690 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

AMH was a low production game. If you sold it for a profit, you essentially took someone else's place in line, bought it, then turned around and sold it at a higher price to someone who could have bought it and kept it.
Kind of a d**k move, if that's what you decide to do.

I didn't take anyone's place. I ordered one after playing it at a show. There were spots available for close to a year and a half. Anyone that was interested had tons of time to order one if they wanted to. That would be like me saying that someone else wanted your slugfest when you bought it and now you are a dick for selling it because you prevented someone else from getting it.

What is your axe to grind with Spooky? Are you just that jealous that you can't buy one?

#2699 8 years ago

Not even smart enough to know when someone was countering your argument.

#2824 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So if I come in here and lick Spooky's boot, that would be considered constructive?
I just don't think this game looks like it's worth $6k.

I don't think any pinball machine is worth 6K but that doesn't change what they cost. Do you think stern premiums are worth $6500? Do you think Stern LE's are worth $7800? You obviously already think JJP3 that doesn't exist yet is worth the 9K they are going to ask for it. In the end you don't seem to understand value. My Spooky pin that I paid 6K for is worth more then what I paid for it based on the current market. My WOZ is not worth what I paid for it but I still really like the game. If I didn't like them I wouldn't own them. RZ could be a great game or it might just be OK, no one really knows for sure yet and it's going to take time for that to be figured out. I don't know if I truly like a game a lot until I've owned it for several months.

No one has a problem with anyone voicing an opinion. You just make backhanded comments that are obvious attempts at trolling. You have not said anything constructive about the game or why you think it's not a good value. I can only assume that you must be a child based on how you post.

#3025 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've decided to pass. Don't want to make a big deal out of it or explain why, but for some reason everyone seems to want to know, so there you have it.
I wish Spooky nothing but good luck and success with the game, the new facility that's rising before their eyes, and their future endeavors.
I'm still very much interested in the progress of the game, and will continue to follow it. I have friends getting one, and invitations to play, so I know I'll get to spend some time with it still, looking forward to it.

This will send Kenada into a deep depression.

I think it's going to be a really fun game. It's different and I like that. I won't be for everyone but only 300 people need to like it anyway.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3040 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I can tell you why - you stream-of-conscious-ed on here for probably 10-20 posts. Some people were annoyed, others (like myself) became interested because of your quantity of posts, as well as the views you had. I wanted to know to discover the end of the story - it otherwise would have been like reading a detective novel and at the end, after everything had been analyzed, the detective just says, "Well, someone did the crime, but we don't know who!"
Thanks for sharing. I wish you had the reason though. Now we know who did the crime, but not the motive. :-/

It was Horley in the study with the paint brush.

I personally like a lot of things about the art and the game. No one wanted an AMH at all when it was released, we see how opinions have changed on it. RZ may be a great game, it may be decent, it may suck. At then end of the day it's only pinball and pretty much all pinball is fun.

#3139 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm sorry you think I'm being elitist. Here, look at this in contrast, which I think is the best playfield I've seen since the B/W days.
big-lebowski-pinball-1.jpg
Inserts are well integrated. There's a sharp keyline defining the separation of images. It's 100% thematically on-point. It clearly conveys all shots and game progress. Also, the artwork is excellent.
It's not that the playfield art itself is "bad", but that it isn't a good choice for a playfield. It's dark, muddy, and isn't remotely integrated with the inserts or the game components. In that sense it's "bad".

And yet I still think TBL's playfield is ugly. Art is always subjective and many of the most famous peices of art do not follow the rules. I like to have good art on my games but at the same time it is far from the most important factor. It's funny how art obscessed this site has become lately.

2 weeks later
#3742 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

I guess the AMH I was playing last night doesn't count as a pinball machine then? No one knows what RZ secondary market value will be, but they are 6K NIB not 8K. You don't have to worry about the risk, if you were not on the list 6+ months ago you can't get the game NIB anyway.

2 weeks later
#4102 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This does raise a good point. From what i've heard is that Rob was disappointed in two things. To him the pf looked sparse and now he is disappointed that nobody outside of pinside was able to get in on this game. The pinsiders love the pf, so the first complaint isn't as big a deal. But the second one is a pretty big problem
Is it really worth it to keep a pin so limited to 300 that you're going to make it harder to get cool licenses? I doubt Rob would be willing to let another pin be made if barely any of his fans could actually buy a pin.What I would do in the future would be to ask the people who bought the first two spooky machines and lock in their numbers, THEN I would add 300. With the current trend of hundreds of people from the previous game buying up every spot on the second game, the only real winner is Spooky. Lots of fans losing out.

I heard that Rob Zombie hated the game and is super pissed that Spooky is only making 300 of them. See I can make up shit too.

Rob Zombie agreed to the license knowing the amount of games and personally approved the art. What more do you want?

3 months later
#4889 7 years ago

Here's a clear case of never going to make everyone happy.
ALL games will have a real backglass. You can't buy an LE translite and have your game suddenly be an LE. We spent thousands on getting that extra art made... the custom cut / powder coated metal side rails and printed backglass will NEVER be sold. Period. To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down... and you STILL won't have an LE.
If this isn't to your liking... sorry. We did our best.

I think it's awesome that everyone is getting a real backglass. That's a huge upgrade in my opinion. Will the non LE artwork be available in backglass form to purchase or just as a translite. I would like a regular to go with my LE. No big deal eitherway, but if the backglasses are available I would definitely prefer that over a translite for the standard edition artwork.

#4893 7 years ago

That quote was about the LE back glass, not the standard. I haven't heard it said for sure about the standard edition. Not a big deal either way.

2 weeks later
#5128 7 years ago

Because we can't get hi-def images on our display... so Ben Heck made the video mode look like a retro NES game. David & David put the effects and Dragula (8-bit version) music together... personally, when I saw it (I had no idea how it was going to be) I freakin' loved the Dragula NES sound! Ben did an awesome job on that mode, because Ben is awesome like that.
Game #36 is done and in the box for those keeping score. 5 more games from #24 to #31 are on the dock waiting for today's truck. The rest of the 50 LE's are on stands in final testing.

Wow, I hope the next pin is well into development. Looks like RZ is going to be shipping a good amount ahead of schedule. Looking forward to getting my RZ and seeing what comes next!!

1 week later
#5239 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not worth it. Feedback is not wanted.
Spooky is amazing and everything is perfect!

(Content edited by Pinside staff). Do you really think every game made is supposed to be to your exact liking? It's pretty simple, quit buying the games if you don't like them.

#5240 7 years ago

Hilton... you are a genuinely nice guy in person. And yes, we WANT feedback. Talk to us on Pinside like you do when I'm standing in front of you is all I'm asking. Constantly spewing opinions of every minor detail on every game ever made just becomes a wall of noise... be it good or bad input. You have a lot of good ideas. Nobody is perfect, no game is perfect, no company is perfect. We're busting our collective asses every single day to get better at this. It's a game to the rest of the world, but to us... it's my families entire future. I'm going to take things personally.
We're here for the long haul... might as well be civil to each other.

I applaud your awesome laid back nature Charlie, at some point it's best to tell certain people to go F themselves and that they are no longer a customer though. Every business has a couple of clients that need to be fired.

3 weeks later
#5461 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Exactly. I'd love to sell this game to cheap for someone out of principle, but I just can't do that. To go back to the BBB example, if someone bought one for $4,500 and then resold it for $5,000, they would probably feel a little snake bit when the person who bought it off them for $5,000 goes and sells it for $20,000.
I've got a business to run, and want to get people in playing these machines. Selling this game and putting the money into say, marketing, will help bring in more players than having the game just sitting around not getting played much.

Stop making excuses and just call it what it is. It's a game you never wanted but hoped to be able to flip for a huge profit so you bought it anyway. Nothing wrong with that. The market will show you that you are way out of line on the price, I guess it doesn't hurt to fish for a sucker though.

#5466 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

100% false. Ask anyone in my local pinball community. I've been hyping up this game for ages. I watched the Dead Flip broadcast many times, I was every bit hyped for this game.
If my overwhelmingly positive reputation is not enough to speak on this then I guess you guys just won't believe anything.

I'm in here every second it's open, so I can see how everyone reacts to the games. Casual players just look at it and don't care, never even dropping money in unless they know the theme. Very few people from the pinball community have come out to even give it a shot. The local Ghostbusters launch party had a turnout of 50 or so people, the Rob Zombie launch party had a turnout of 7.

I did want the game, so I was absolutely going to wait it through and buy it. I had every intention of keeping this game forever just like my AMH. Of course, this was just going off of what I could see in pictures and videos, and now that I've played it, eh, I don't really like it.
Yeah, marketing is important. Most people in my city don't even know this business is here, let alone surrounding cities. People come in and are like, "Woah I had no idea this was here, when did you guys open?". Stuff like that. If I had the money to run some ads and get the word out I'd probably see much higher traffic.

It's your game, you can do whatever you want with it. Don't expect a lot of positive feedback when you are trying to stick it to some idiot though. There's a reason you didn't make a forum topic and are apologizing in the add, even you are ashamed of your price

Good luck with your business and I hope you do get top dollar for the game if it's going to help grow location pinball.

10 months later
#8129 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Anybody have any general tips on this game? I've had it for a few weeks now and it is difficult for me to even make the left orbit to start modes.. let alone finish them once I do start them.

When I got mine I found the flippers to be pointed up a little to much for my liking which made the left orbit extremely hard to hit with enough power. I straightened out the flipper bats to a more B/W setup and the left orbit is still not an easy shot but it's a ton easier to make. I can usually start 4-5 modes and at least complete 2-3 each game now.

#8131 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I may need to try this, thanks for your suggestion.

If you are making the shot fairly cleanly and it's still not making it to the mode start saucer then this is a really easy fix to correct that. It does make hitting the ramp from the right flipper a lot harder though.

2 weeks later
#8300 6 years ago

$300 doesn't seem out of line to me. What do you think these would cost if it was a stern add on?

1 month later
#8603 6 years ago

Any one else get that there sd card is write protected when you try to reformat it?

2 months later
#9182 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone think the price on these will go back up or are they likely to settle at 5k?

Likely to settle around 5-5.5k. I love mine, but it's not going to be for everyone and while 300 is not a lot it's still enough to meet the current demand.

#9207 6 years ago

Pinstadium kit arrived. Game is pretty dark but with the kit the playfield really pops. Gi and flasher integration is awesome!!!

IMG_20170916_101627683 (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_101627683 (resized).jpg

#9210 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Wow! That looks great. What color flasher did you go with? Any chance you can take a pick of how it connects to the GI? I've been on the fence on this, but now that they are finally getting into people's hands, I may have made up my mind.

I went with red flasher. Just alligator clip to any gi and to the flasher of your choice. Super easy to install.

Quoted from Hougie:

Man, that looks great. Can the brightness be adjusted up or down?

Yes, all can be controlled super easy through an app on your phone.

#9214 6 years ago

For my preference it was way to dark. What good is Alex Horley art if you can't even see it. I really like the pinstadium kits, but they won't be for everyone.

11 months later
#10058 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Then this ball continually just gets kicked down the road. They will always be behind.
It’s time to get it finished and put in the rear view.
The code at current state of ACNC is sufficient enough for release. I’ve played it several times on location at an arcade near me.
RZ is a 2016 release. We’ve waited long enough. It’s not like ACNC is going to be code complete in a couple months.

What exactly are you waiting for on RZ? I have pretty much zero issues with the code.

#10061 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Charlie has spoke about improvements to the code. Spooky has things they have acknowledged that need addressed. Just do it and get it done

Like what, all I can see are a few bug fixes? Personally I'm fine with were the code is it. It doesn't seem to matter how deep coders go, there are always going to be people that want more.

#10101 5 years ago

I just played several games on mine. It was a ton of fun. Looking forward to the update that Charlie spoke about in the future but my game plays pretty darn good.

#10118 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR / CONSULTANT
Generally (unless the consulting contract is for a specified term) can be let go by the employer for any reason, at any time.
Is not eligible for unemployment compensation benefits.
Is not eligible for worker's compensation benefits.
Does not receive employment benefits from the employer.
Generally provides consulting services to more than one company.
Sets his or her own hours.
Works out of his or her own office or home.
Works relatively independently.
Has the authority to decide how to go about accomplishing tasks, and does so without the employer's input.
Incurs the costs associated with performing the job.
Has acquired very specialized skills and comes to the work relationship with a particularized education and experience background.
Is not subject to tax or FICA withholding, but pays his or her own self-employment tax.
Is paid according to the terms of the contract, and does not receive additional compensation for overtime hours worked.
Usually is not protected by employment anti-discrimination and workplace safety laws.
Is not entitled to join or form a union.

There's so many independent pinball programming contractors out there after all. Got to be several hundred options with knowledge of the pinheck system, well several hundred or zero other then Ben Heck. He seems to be pretty excited about pinball these days so I'm guessing that put it's back to zero.

They also have to understand the entire code that has already been written, and try to adapt what we want done to it. While the new system is easier to learn, the PinHeck takes a bigger understanding. By the time we'd train them and sort it all out, we'd be on it again ourselves anyway.
That, and I don't like "using" people to get work done. I'd rather develop talent that can stick with the team, and that's what we're doing now.

The game has lots of code and while we would all love an update now, but it can wait. I agree, develop from within and build towards something instead of chasing your tail to appease a few loud folks. Looking forward to the update when it comes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.