image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 8 years ago

Snake on MET prem/LE is a pretty cool single ball lock, in my estimation. No need to arbitrarily cut idea of having one out.

2 weeks later
#803 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Alex Horley you say? Do I get the option of naked zombie chicks on my playfield??
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideRZ.jpg 1

No need to choose, you are sure to get them both.

4 months later
#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Awesome I rather wait for kick ass pin than have it rushed. ...

I am ready for Hobbit now, just as it is.... no more improvements (other than code), no more foolin around. The design changes following Expo last year must have been implemented by Christmas. Other than waiting for an additional round of approvals, the delays occuring during 2015 were after that point in time. It is incorrect logic to argue more wait equals a better machine. What you should be stating is that the additional time allowed JJP to work through issues making this pin, not to make the present version better.

#1456 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Think your in the wrong thread

Haha you're right, I got distracted. I don't have any timetable or predetermined expectations for the Rob Zombie pin. Also don't feel stress or that things are in question at this point. Pay if I like the game, only after it is complete and when it is in the queue.

Will RZ be produced this year? If parts won't be ordered until game is final, it might take three months to build enough parts backlog. Seems that mighy translate into April 2016 for early deliveries.

3 weeks later
#1641 8 years ago

Drooling, as I sit behind my keybpard typing. Counting my quarters .... 4000 of them should be enough for a downpayment.

#1997 8 years ago

Fantastic cabinet art and translite - yeah Alex. Great looking molded toys - yeah Matt. One glaring omission - game desperately needs side panel decals with art. I don't mind waiting for this to develop in the aftermarket, but would be sweeter if they were included and installed before shipping. How about it Charlie, can we get some side panel decals??

#2152 8 years ago

How about adding gobble holes to upper right pf? Sometimes you nudge ball into one, other times shoot over and past them towards spaulding.

#2489 8 years ago

I see things are calming down a little and there have only been 100 posts since 1am when I went to bed. I expect that by this evening, Charlie will weigh in and tell us whether nothing changes or what he is considering. Does Spooky have to make changes? No. Could they chose to? Yes. If they do so there will be a cost. Redesigning artwork is the cheapest component, while delays to start of production would be the biggest. Would it be astonimical? No - maybe two months of downtime, and there would be some thought given who pays for it. Plan on a month to redesign playfield art, inserts, plastics and to create side panel art. Seems like approval process with RZ is streamlined and could probably occur within that timeframe. A second month to produce a final sample and to take pics and video. Jan / Feb would be shot, but on the plus side, parts can be ordered now to arrive for a Mar 1 start. Additional cost might amount to $100 per unit. I'd bet most would be willing to accept a slightly higher cost for a superior product. I will, but don't think Spooky would actually charge its customers.

So what is the upside for Spooky? It would elevate their design to a higher level. This pin will stand on its own and what if it turns out to be a great pin? Wouldn't you want to know it was the best it could be? Maybe adding side panel art and redoing inserts and plastics would make enough difference. That is pretty simple to do. I really hope that the pf art could be changed too though, as others have stated. Art on PF as-is is not a deal breaker for me, I just hope for it to be changed so that it matches the cabinet style and is more cohesive. Do that Spooky and you have set the bar for all pin designs going forward.

Looking forward to game play video this week.

#2645 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

and dominos is the first pizza pin
full circle

and dominos is expected to become the first pizza pin, thus completing a full circle

#2866 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Unless it was coincidence being under your post. I just kinda took as...'Hey Fawzma is a professional...I am sure he knows how to code, or he wouldn't have earned the gig'
Or maybe not.

or maybe he slept with someone in management (looking at kayte here ) just kidding, of course

#2869 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I read it as a reply to Kaneda's generous offer with ulterior motives...

oh you mean like ... Aurich stated he would not flip his RZ machine above purchase price if he bought and didn't like it enough to keep. A guy offers to help him finance the $1k downpayment for a year. The guy would naturally expect and would insist that he be offered the game first, should it come up for resale. Since Kaneda is not already on the list of 300, he could slip in the back door and buy one below market. No, that would be way too obvious.

#2871 8 years ago

I knew there was no way Aurich would step into that trap. Even if he did have Kaneda on ignore.

#3059 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

will you still make some alt art for us?
overlay, plastics, backboard piece, side panels, other?

I was wondering about buying an extra playfield and seeing if someone would print some badass art on it, before swapping it in the game. Kind of extreme approach, but an overlay would be better. There were some great ideas in this thread but unless Spooky is redesigning it in secret, this would be the best way to improve things. Would be a ton of work but one worth trying.

#3268 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So Spooky's 1st four pins will be God, Pizza, Zombies and Ghosts. All the essentials from cradle to grave covered.

nice .... maybe add 5th title involving Uncle Sam (taxes) ???

#3277 8 years ago

How bout a spritzer on top that soaks you with holy water when you drain the ball and Steve Ritchie's voice as the Pope who yells, "Play better!"?

#3290 8 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Sterns_-_Passion.jpg

Only problem with your design.... Ben is focused on the Old Testament only, Jesus doesn't show up until the New Testament. Passion & Christ do not compute. Time to scrap the graphics and shoot the designers. Hire some more, and let them focus on some great tales like David vs Goliath, Noah and the whale, 10 Commandments & Moses parting the Red Sea. Otherwise, I am getting more interested in this. Any ways you can think of we could add RZ to the mix somehow?

#3297 8 years ago

So, what's the latest on RZ? (see without bible adventures there's not much to say)

#3313 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

10 Rob Zombie games left...

Sounds like the hard work is over Charlie. Put a fork in it. Everybody go home now.

#3329 8 years ago

We have a large contingent of RZ buyers and hundreds of interested followers gathering here. Feels like we are standing around at the same party, eating, chatting and waiting for the guest of honor to show up. Should be any time, right?

Well .... the building where games will be assembled, is not put together either. Reality sets in for most buyers, it's going to be a little while longer. Forunately Charlie has things buzzing along.

Looking forward to watching the twitch feeds in three weeks. After that, I most want to see the first unboxings of RZ.

Merry Christmas, Pinside! Prosperity, good luck and well wishes for 2016.

#3411 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Repost of a factory progress photo Spooky posted on Facebook
947023_1007057976022096_4966344162720632297_n_(resized).jpg

New slogan - Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, stays SPOOKY, Inc. from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

#3494 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Just had a taste of spaulding"s chicken.

20160102_115054_(resized).jpg

#3683 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The mock-up plastics w/original playfield seem to tie it all together with the cabinet and translite art.

playfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpg

I prefer the backglass art on the pf minus the black border. Agreed on the plastics. Then add some haunted house style pinblades and you have a winner.

#3716 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I think Charlie also mentioned about a new logo Rob worked on

Everybody knows what the first logo looks like. Here is leaked pic of revised design.

Spooky1_(resized).jpgSpooky1_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3923 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What we don't need is the community taking a real Hard working, energetic coder, who is working his ass off and make him into someone who views the pinball community as a bunch of whining assholes.

The sooner he learns, the sooner we can all get back to acting normal.

:Remove the tie, loosen the belt and drop any feelings of guilt

#3942 8 years ago

Fawzma,

Do the inserts blink when a mode is active? I had a difficult time telling which mode was being played if I didn't watch it being selected.

I'd suggest using UP to earn a bonus towards whatever mode was being played. It could be played or ignored. If you wanted to emphasize risk reward, you could require player to actively chose whether to play UP or not with a flipper select. If they decided not to play, then no further action or points will occur and the mode continues on lower pf. But if player choose to play the UP, there are two outcomes, either player succeeds and earns a reward, but if they try and fail they earn negative progress (opposite of what the reward was). To make things more challenging - during one mode only, when player decides to play UP, it becomes a two ball MB the one that will launch on UP and another that spits out to lower pf. The UP must be accomplished at the same time the lower pf was being shot - ie keeping both balls moving.

Keep up the good work. Software looks great.

#4043 8 years ago

.. I'll take the gold boards with white lettering with a yellow jacket added in the corner - #GeorgiaTech not the red boards with black lettering and ugly dog #UGA.

However, red boards without UGA logo are just fine too.

#4097 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would be interested to know how many hard core fans would pay $6000 for a pinball table.

Probably not that many.

Yeah Spooky committed to capping RZ build to 300, when the natural demand turned out to be 1000. Hate to say this to those hoping for a RZ sequel, but it won't happen. Sooner you realize, the sooner the healing will begin. Think about this, if you are building a pinball machine and pick RZ theme, you are going to design in as much and the best stuff you can think of. The most iconic images available are going to be picked. Ask yourself if Charlie could build another good RZ pin, if the best stuff has already used. He'll just move on to the next title, and which is how it should be.

Look, there are tons of good themes out there, and Charlie shouldn't be running out of good ones to consider. No need to recycle RZ. I want to see GODZILLA baby. Blue Oyster Cult belting out the title track. I know some are hurt they didn't get in and would like to have, but there are lots of other titles coming up and I guarantee some RZ's will pop up on now and then.

1 month later
#4291 8 years ago

Can we get some pics of Luke crawling inside a cabinet? He looks just like my cat (admittedly a less hairy version) the moment before he decides to investigate an unattended pinball machine.

3 weeks later
#4358 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Topper looks cool. Need to get one for sure!! Joe does amazing work!!! I have several of his toppers. Also need a t-shirt for sure.

Are you going to order them or just talk about it here?

#4466 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Now to decide if I reward points for that behavior and fail out your skillshot or take away your save timer.

Vote for adding a soundbite. Something along the lines of ... you suck, a $$hole!

2 weeks later
#4508 8 years ago

Are you ordering the bucket of baked chicken or the fried one?

2 weeks later
#4564 8 years ago

The ability of Spooky Pinball to design, build and deliver games is kind of ....spooky. :ghost

#4577 8 years ago

Email doesn't mention any timeframe. Just a way for Spooky to gauge interest and preconfigure each order.

1 week later
#4668 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Plastic pallets are the way to go.
rd

OK if substitutes pizza boxes instead?

1 week later
#4729 7 years ago

all right then, time for a little game folks. fill in the blank to the following two questions.

1) RZLE owners open their game .... "your answer here".

when I played it went like this:

RZLE owners open their game .... when they have spare time. pffft

now its no secret RZ owners are the real players who DESIRE / WANT to own the game, and who are ALL patiently waiting ... reading this thread.

2) RZ owners open their game .... "your answer here".

when I played it went like this:

RZ owners open their game .... lying faceup at bedtime, everynight.

So to all you RZLE owners - even if you don't have time (to take a few pics because you are so important), at least set the damn thing up. For all our sakes.

::iapprove:

1 week later
#4823 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I'm #293 and I would gladly trade spots with anyone. ?

A kind offer that has likely flooded your inbox and caused a short-term shutdown of the host server. Maybe one of the early buyers that is too busy to unpack and start playing their game would prefer a guilt-free swap of positions with you. Give them more time to get organized and ready for the pin, while allowing you to play sooner. win / win.

ps - if any LE Owners with #10-#20 prefer a mid-run standard model, I can help you out.

#4824 7 years ago

Fawzma,

Hoping some have volunteered to test the upload process and that it works seamlessly.

Are the major modes you've outlined before, completely coded and are they in the released version?

edit - I reread thread and as of last month, right before games started to ship, code was complete and was being shipped with it. Guess I undervalued fact that Spooky is shipping its second game with complete software.

#4858 7 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

I just emailed Kayte this afternoon to ask her about buying translights. And to ask about what did the standard ship with. This the response from her on both questions below.
All games will ship with a true backglass.
I will be selling translites again, but I am currently out of stock.

Yep, pleasantly surpised here too. Getting ready to bodysurf the RZ wave.

snoop3.gifsnoop3.gif

#4864 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

As an LE buyer... not that I am aware of. Really getting hard to justify the extra $500.00. I do much prefer the side armor, but actually like the standard backglass better and the plaque is a lame plastic.

Custom armor, small le plate, first delivery and a different backglass (preferred design by most here). There is probably more but hey, these aren't lottery winners, they are LE buyers - RZ fans, Spooky Groupies, pinball lovers, people who love to play pinball, enthusiasts, yes men, minions, drug dealers, game operaters, vulture kapitalists, John Galteans, transexuals, pinball flippers, taxi drivers and lawyers. I think this package has great value and at least 40 people on Pinside agree by expressing their desire to swap their standards for the le if available. I guess LE buyers must be pretty pleased with their decision.

#4867 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Is that really true? I actually like the regular backglass better myself and thought many others stated the same. Although I wish it did include the witch in there somewhere. To each his own, the game looks awesome regardless.

I'm divided equally among the two designs. happy with either but don't get to choose.

#4875 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would be more than happy to buy someone's LE.

( we all would)

#4877 7 years ago

HappyDayz, noticed you're new around here. Yet, you sound vaguely familiar
Welcome aboard. You'll likely find the more you use pinside, the more you'll like it. Anyways, if you do like spending time here, won't you consider making a donation to keeping it going? It is fast and painless process, and the heart icon beside your name turns from ash gray, to neon red. Carry on.

#4908 7 years ago

extra extra - are you ready for something that's gonna bring you back after the commercial break? .... Man quits job. That's the worst story title I ever saw, well at least the story was an interesting. Congrats to Team Spooky.

1 week later
#5064 7 years ago

Team Spooky is getting it done. I applaud your steady and consistent ability to deliver RZSSI LE games to date. As you begin to jack the manufacturing speed, don't worry about going too fast. Bad stuff almost never happens.

edit** watching full scene explains why Lucy is doing what she does and also shows her boss to be petty and demanding. She's kind of a douchebag

#5070 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm #42 and KT said this week or next. That will bend the line some!

Holy Smoley! What week of production will end of next week be?

#5096 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#26 for those thacking trajectory of build.

What week in production are we? They started around May 1, right???

#5157 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

We already have someone selling a RZ machine on pinside and they dont even have it yet.
$ 9500

Well that's a discount from December then, when RZs will be going for $10k. (I hope not)

#5172 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hoping for two things: to be able to hear game and that the game is receiving enough voltage from convention/hotel!

How about wishing for short lines too ?

#5194 7 years ago

From this point forward RZSSI should be recognized as RZ$$. After playing a dozen games of RZ$$ this weekend I found it super fun. Everyone I spoke with afterwards either had a smile on their face or said they liked the pin. Probably the unique bouncy action, interesting modes, great music, art, toys, blah blah blah. It wasn't intuitive what to do, so hoping for more a/v cues to be programmed yet. RZ$$ is the real deal.

#5201 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

..It was very steep (Chuck said it was about 8.0) at SFGE and in some ways a little easier because of it, there is less horizontal danger with that much steepness. Also skillshot was harder because ball was prone to falling down on its way to first sling.

Game was difficult to play but it did seem easier than from videos. That's an interesting observation about pitch. When you first set the game up at home and want to learn the modes - set game up at 8 deg. Play it six months and then lower the pitch one degree - essentially making it more difficult and giving it a fresh feel.

#5209 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Got to play the game over the weekend. ... Otherwise, the backglass looks amazing. It looks great it photos, but apparently those don't do it any justice. Even right up close the image has depth and looks like a painting. Can't wait to see the standard now that I know it too will be a real backglass.

Can you clarify where you saw the backglass? There were a couple of shows going on and I believe the game at sfge only had a translite.

1 week later
#5305 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V008 updates so far, going to start working on the alternate highscore table for individual goals before I release this
Fixed - Dragula - Upper PF flipper corrected to be enabled when the collect gas option is available
Fixed - Tilt, Gate Opto, Exit PF Opto, now shows text when those switches are activated in Switch Edge test.
Fixed - Spooky minute should only start if the menu setting has it turned on
Fixed - highscores in attract mode now have commas
Fixed - Left outlane was killing all timers for no reason
Fixed - Corpse mode score was not being killed like it was supposed to
Fixed - End of corpse mode wasn't setting main mode status properly, mode start indicator now working properly
Update - Added gate servo adjustment down
Update - Increased startup delay to 3.5 seconds, giving more time for prop to load code
Update - More tilt code tweaks
Update - Skillshot earns 50k or 100k depending on how far into the combo you get
Update - During skillshot, player number and ball count scrolls on bottom left corner
Game Settings -> Show PL.BALL can turn this feature on or off.
Update - Left and Right outlane kicks a ball out when save timer is on.
Update - Spaulding will jerk a little any time you hit the gate, not just in What!
Update - Name entry, player show PLAYER1-4 instead of P1-4, the player score is shown in bottom right corner
Update - Bone rattle bonus changed to go with the way EOB bonuses are displayed
Update - Ramp hand can be collected more than one time per ball, and in any mode
Added - Holding start button for X seconds will reset the game to title. This is a setting in "Main Settings"
Added - Dragula part collection has an EOB bonus, total collected will go in its own high score table
Added - Ramp hands has an EOB bonus, "high fives" or "hand jobs" in adult mode, highscore table for this coming
Added - Bash King EOB, bash spaulding as much as you can for bonus. Will go toward high score table

me want.
ok.
me want now.
say please.
me want now please.

silence ...
where's my game?
you still have to wait.
me said, want it now, numbnuts. Hulk Smash!
(room is torn up over 45 minute period until cops arrive)

Calm down Buddy, what's the matter with you? You want a ride downtown?
(sound of a struggle and homicidal maniac being led away in police car with lights on and sirens ablaze).
man mutters, me want now.... please.

#5359 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

No need to worry!
» YouTube video

That video is AMAZING! Must watch 4 sure.

Hope one of the ideas FAWZMA came away with was this ->
Hi Score screens need overhaul - pick better fonts, adjust sizing and add lots of color. Maybe have screen showing Grand Champ, followed by one with GC and top 3 scores on each corner.

1 week later
#5429 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Super duper agree with all of this. All of my fav games have mini-wizard-esque modes, it really adds to the total package and longetivity! I think a mini-wizard mode in RZSI may benefit from single ball like sea of simulation, crank it up, rather than multi-ball such as battle royale since RZSI seems heavy on LDG and H1KC multiball already.

And if you hit a target, it adds a ball into your existing one ball multiball. Target can be reactivated with another hit after 2nd ball drains, bringing you back to two ball multiball.

Having only one ball possible during multiball sounded kind of sad and lonely, so allowing user to add a ball with targeted shot would be very current thinking.

#5436 7 years ago

Wow! RZ$$I could turn out to be the greatest game ever Like most here, I am LFtS (Looking Forward to Submodes).

1 week later
#5560 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm not in favor of this. I like CHOP the way it is, just my opinion. There's a certain strategy to stage your inlane/outlanes to have a ball save at the ready. The only tweaks I could see is do something different with it during multi-ball. With CHOP enabled during multiball, there's almost always a ball going down the inlane/outlanes and it's pretty easy to have a constant ball save.

fwiw, I like this config the best. Keep CHOP working as it is, but add a setting to identify max number of times it can be triggered per ball. If set to 0, then effectively it disables the feature ala tournament mode, choose 1, 2 or 3 times per ball and it is what you'd expect it to be. Or choose unlimited, which is effectively how it works now. BUT in conjunction with this setting, disable CHOP during multi-balls, as it is too easy to trigger a saved ball.

This assumes you only wish to control frequency of CHOP, and not the amount of time the ball save is active. For that it would probably be better to program a separate control setting. A CHOP Value of 0 means no ball save time - this is your tournament setting. A value of 1 could be a 4 second ball save each time triggered, which is what it does now. Select 2 and that might mean be 4,3,2 and 1 sec ball saves for each progression. If only one aspect is intended to be controlled, between frequency and time, I prefer the frequency approach, as it is easier to understand and explain.

2 weeks later
#5712 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This game has potential to be great but my gut tells me the code at the moment just isn't where I hope and want it to be.
Still plenty of time for it to come good but the next 12 months it's all about code, code and code.

isn't the software done - or let's call it 85%? Now they are left focusing on - trapping bugs and buffing the silver (I mean code). Lot's of meaningful and sometimes shapeshifting good happens in that last 15%. But don't expect it to be dramatically different from what it is now. You see the bones and skeleton. Buffing will add flesh and beauty (hopefully some more lighting eiffects). Biggest criticism is little attenetion to keeping player posted with status and hints of what to do. Now I have an idea for that.

Add a 3 x 5 inch flat screen lcd to apron. Use it to stream instructions and hints of what to do. Maybe drive it with a separate channel or something, but then rules related to current mode might play. This might be followed by a hint and then or reminder what mode you are in etc. It would be a monitor (similar to book in TH) to show you how to play better, no matter what your skill level.

I guess my original point was the software has got to be about done, so if you don't feel warm to it or get a tingling sensation when you are around one, it's probably not a pin you will like. Congrats, you probably just saved 15% on your insurance and were able to redposit RZSSI funds in your pin fund.

#5764 7 years ago

Just got one and give it two thumbs way up. Had a lot of switch issues, but since they've been adjusted, game has played great. It is funny, challenging and fun. Theme, music, art, dots, sound, lighting, toys all play well together.. It is quite an orchestra. Once infection modes are reimplemented (got a bug causing fuse to blow - current default settings are turned off and recommendation from Spooky is to leave it as such for now) and corpse stealing, it will be an extremely satisfying game with innovative rules. Then it will become symphonic.

Those who have one already - know, and those with numbers above 110 - will soon know, this game is legit and is a real show stopper.

#5776 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

jeffspinballpalice... not clear on what you're saying here. Please elaborate.
Thanks!

RZSSI is a rock solid game with a well integrated theme, complete code, cursing that is fucking awesome, challenging, fun and is real a joy to play. If you bought one and had any concerns, don't be worried - it is legitimately good.

#5789 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played this game on Monday (Ayce Gogi in Van Nuys, CA has this & AMH on location) & I noticed that the music sounded extremely muffled...as though the vocals were faded down. Reminded me of the "Karaoke" mode on old CD players. The voice callouts were completely clear, so it doesn't seem to be a speaker issue. Is this how it sounds on everyone's games?

Game has an equalizer inside cabinet. Allows you adjust bass, treble and mid range plus volume. When your Op adjusted his, his hearing sucked. In his defense, you kind of adjust b/t/m based on sound volume. So he may have set those OK but then changed volume - and now it sounds wack. The default setting don't sound good at low volumes imho.

#5798 7 years ago

Installed v11 and turned on adult setting and infection for each mode. Update v10 felt like complete code, but v11 fixes some bugs, provides shaker support and fixes infection from blowing fuses. No fuses were harmed in the playing of v11 and the game really rocks. Received shaker motor and plan to install it tonight. Do you need to turn the shaker setting on or is it already there by default?

#5801 7 years ago

It's back ..... Fuse blown while playing an infected mode. Time to turn that feature off in the Set Game screen.... Again.

Fawzma, infected wasn't working correctly in v.11 anyways. Time to elevate this to Tier2.

I played infected Dragula twice. Neither started with the reverse flipper mode. but I completed it once and lost the other time. Was an infected option removed from the menu? Then I played infected What! twice. Neither started with the reverse flipper mode and I completing it once and lost the other time. Then I played infected Superbeast twice. Neither started with the reverse flipper mode and I completed it once and lost the other. It was soon after I won, that the ball drained that the right flipper and ball launch quit working. Blown 3A fuse was the culprit. Changed it and game was back up and running. For now I disabled infection modes and suggest others follow.

#5809 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm confused. Is the option still there or not? If there's no option, it's always on?
I'd like to take a peek at the code to see if anything jumps out, but it seems that the code won't be available for this game. Is that true?

Infection can be turned on for each of (6) modes individually. There was another setting listed for using reverse flippers that refers to how you want to play a preceding 3 target mode. Choices were regular or reverse flipper. The mode and the option have been removed or hidden in v.11.

My understanding is that the code is open-source. I think you need p-roc to view though. It can be helpful having extra eyes looking at the code to search for the bug causing fuse to blow. I applaud anyone's willingness to spend time helping. Spooky may feel this won't help and that it will slow them down, as people initally ask a bunch of questions just to understand what's there. But when you are chasing a rabbit, you might need to try thinking outside the box.

#5812 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Cactus Canyon Continued has the reversed flippers in drunk multiball. It is a great feature, would like to see this back in the code too if possible. Now just waiting for #150 to be ready to ship.

It was implemented on RZ in a pretty cool way. Once you've beaten a mode a symbol appears beside the name in menu. Chose it again and the 3 target reverse flipper mode is active for x seconds. Fail to complete and you lose ball. Win and you restart mode. Something happens whether you win mode or fail but I can't remember, having never played when it was working 100 percent.

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:I know I use Bonny flippers on any pin I can get away with it but what can I say,and also the post lights looks very nice

Like the look of boney flippers on your RZ - hat's off on a good idea.

#5836 7 years ago

While we await the resolution of infection modes / reverse flipper mode / blowing fuse, we have some time to throw out feedback on code. Some things I have been thinking lately -

Attract Sounds - all clips are good and they are triggered on a 15 sec cycle. If you are playing against someone who heads outside for 5 min, hearing this many callouts starts to sound like my wife’s nagging. Increase cycle to trigger every 60 second instead, please.

Demonoid - when playing this mode infected, begin with all lights turned on and extinguish as each switch is hit.

1000 Corpses – Finally beat the mode with 1,278 collected. I think the mode darkened when I passed 1k, but there was no fanfare. And I didn’t get to enter initials into a leaderboard because there wasn’t one. Add a corpse leaderboard and some a/v mode completion action.

Chopped - works just right, as it has been turned off during mb. No need to complicate with further changes.

Easier Leaderboard – currently this feels a little clunky. You have to peck through a list of letters to find three and then enter. If you had a good game you might go through this process as many as five times (five screens). Every time you are prompted to enter letters and there is no memory of what you just entered. Any way to fix this so it gets prepopulated from the first time? I know this sounds petty but it is sorely needed.

Shaker - haven’t tried this yet, anybody with a success story to share?

#5875 7 years ago

Seems like a good suggestion, and one that could be adopted by Spooky quickly. Playing RZ always puts me in a good mood ... It is bottled fun. (not to be confused with lightning in a bottle)

1 week later
#5922 7 years ago

Is your coin door open? Apron should be lit too and that throws some light.

1 week later
#6009 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I totally agree...... played one and was very unimpressed.

i'm curious, what could Spooky have done differently, that would have impressed you?

#6021 7 years ago

Code change request - What! needs progress memory similar to demonoid or dragula. I have never been able to complete this mode after hundreds of games. If it had memory, then mode would be more balanced and achieveable. Alternatively, you could offer setting of number of switch hits needed to complete what! Either will be an improvement.

#6032 7 years ago

My best playing what! is 6 hits and drain. I have played hours of games choosing only what mode. OMG what is wrong with me??? I can achieve all other modes. Granted haven't been able to string them together in one game, but what! is messing with my mojo.

#6073 7 years ago

Some feedback on my what! difficulies. Had forgotten soon after setting game up I moved it to a perpendicular location and did not level again. I checked last night and right side was low about one degree. After adjusting higher, I was soon knocking on Spaulding's door. Next issue was gate wouldn't open big enough for ball to pass through to hole. Remembering I had to adjust gate in menu before, I realize when I updated.code, it lost my setting. Default setting is about 1, I chose 10 and it worked fine. Will likely adjust further. But dropped my first ball in hole and started what mb! Woohoo.

1 week later
#6197 7 years ago

Ben Heck's Zombieland Adventure, perhaps? Really hoping for a Godzilla though.

1 week later
#6285 7 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Spooky seems to be moving along at a pretty good pace,...

So far so good - as in Spooky is scary good...and no talks of a corporate take-over. If they sell a pin and you buy it - they will build it and support it and polish the code for it until it sparkles.

After reading the AMH 1.23 thread, the general concensus is people are happy with their games and the coding in Spooky's first game is complete. RZ is very fun now, but I am betting it will continue to receive code updates on a regular basis until it is fully baked.

#6299 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

My latest mod on my Rob Zombie
RZ shooter Rod

nice looking, where'd you find?

1 week later
#6386 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Will anyone be bringing their RZ to expo this weekend?
Charlie will have a few version 15 SD cards for those that would like to update while at the show.

Any plans to upload v15 to website today? Hoping to play & test RZSSI tonight.

#6400 7 years ago

found a bug with v15. if enter menu and make an adjustment and escape, the game reboots but mcu does not synch. Keeps trying but no luck so you need to switch game off and back on. MCU is able to synch then, and your changes were saved.

#6409 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

i'm not sure how hard they are to collect but after Murder Ride, is there another level of Murder Ride for the next time you collect? Or if you collect 12 of them, a unique mode or something similar to Pretzel Mulitball in TSPP?

#6426 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I haven't upgraded yet....still on original build release (LE 4). Sorry if I missed it but has infection been fixed? I know one release took it out so I've been waiting for it to go back in before upgrading.

infection - not fixed yet

Quoted from sparechange1974:

Yes, I just tried going into menu again and when I tried to exit it just gets stuck or doesn't sync. I think the game is trying to cycle about every 8 seconds(you can hear the speakers making a sound) , but not syncing . Waited about 30 seconds to see if it would process and self correct but nothing happened. I just turned off then on again and problem was resolved.

Fawzma is aware and the solution is ... just what you did. After you make changes in the menu, you will have to power machine down and restart.

#6429 7 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

#134 will arrive in 15 minutes...

Where's the unboxing videos already?

1 week later
#6507 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I like Robs material. But my wife loves Rob Zombie. She told me once if she ever met him I would just have to let her do him.
I told her fine as long as I get to play with Sheri
I knew there would be no resistance to getting the game.

TMI

#6521 7 years ago

Another difference - LE comes with shaker motor and knocker kit.

* edit - I was wrong as they were not included.

#6526 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

They are only available from Pinball Life. They have just recently been added. The only difference between the LE & the regular was the backglass art & the armour.

Is powdercoat color the same on both models? If so it looks great and I also like the color selected for AMH. Spooky has released two games where an owner doesn't need to shell out cabbage to change the color of their hardware, it is already is done for them.

1 week later
#6606 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Gameplay/Rules video:
» YouTube video

thanks ftl

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#6773 7 years ago

Anybody else having having an auto launch issue during multiball modes? For instance when I start 1000 corpses, only one ball is in play and one sits in shooter lane. When that ball is launched, 2 are in play and another ball is added to shooter lane. Launch that and another ball is added to shooter lane. I thought there might be a new setting for auto or manual launch during mb. It is extremely difficult to manually launch all the balls with everything going on, and not drain any balls. This might even be a nice option to select on purpose too, but for now I think something is amiss. BTW - this happens during other multiballs too. Could it be a fuse is out?

#6796 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Check your shooter lane switch. Launch should fire as soon as a ball lands on it.
rd

It was a loose wire on the auto launch and don't know why I didn't check sooner. Played the game three days like that.

It is very challenging to manually plunge balls once there are three in play and practically impossible to launch one and not lose another sdtm with five in play. Any chance to add a setting to disable autolaunch? I won't go so far as to suggest it should be turned off in tourney mode, but having the option to turn autolaunch off impacts your play and causes you to develop a strategy during multiballs.

#6830 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

... Im guessing most have played one by now ...

Don't agree with this. Most people that have played one either did so at a pinball show or have one at home. Many people do not attend shows or did but didn't come across a RZ. Even the RZ's that have been at shows did not have current software, so these people don't have a good sense for the game. Now many more people have watched game videos, but isn't it difficult to gauge a game remotely? So as more people come across a RZ and play it, demand will grow. By then it may be too late to buy a RZ from Spooky.

There are going to be 80 BMSLE's, hundreds of BMLE's, but there will only be 300 RZ's. It is a small boutique run of a complete game, yet costs 50% less.

1 week later
#6903 7 years ago

Once steals are reactivated, you can play a 2 or 3 person game and steal corpses from other players Of course that will be even more fun once innoculation is active too. Not totally sure the details now but it discourages replaying completed modes by its high risk/reward structure.

Is there a list of features to be implemented with a rough timeframe that can be shared?

PS - I asked Santa for more RZ code

#6922 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

....When when you hold start + left flipper button, turn on the machine it will go into adult mode....

I knew doing one c@ck pushup a day, every day, might come in handy... eventually

3 weeks later
#7123 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Like Charlie sad the code will be great like amh in time

Easy for Charlie to say. but Fawzma's the coder

1 week later
#7201 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ben mentioned that he will code his own next game. I am assuming he meant that will be a Spooky game.

Ben is designing and coding game #4 and that is not expected until 2018. Charlie is designing game #3 for 2017 and this likely means Fawzma on coding. Presumably Fawma would also code any contract games that come up during the same period. The positive takeaway is that Fawzma has stated he will continue to code the hell out of RZ until it is finished and the game's full potential is realized. Spooky has a great track record of polishing their games.

I see the concern about not knowing how the coding can be accomplished with so many projects going on, but their answer to this was - no schedule will be given, and like it or not, is the response we must accept. Was selfishly hoping to hear that everything will be baked prior to the last RZ rolling off the assembly line in July, similar to AMH (AMH's code was complete by end of production cycle, yet had a few later updates). They probably will hit that deadline anyways, just without making a commitment.

#7213 7 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Exciting stuff! I thought it would be Q3 before I had a chance of taking delivery on 291, but maybe it'll be sooner!

It's been awhile since we've had an undated production graph. Herg was maintaining it, and now might be a good time to request a current version. I remember being impressed how regular and consistent pins were being delivered and how close actual was to planned quantities for the first ten months. RZ #189 was ready for shipping prior to 12/31/16.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#7616 7 years ago

I like your idea of colorizing speaker grills, but red doesn't fit so well. Tried any others? Wondering if mirror effect might look better. But I don't know how to achieve colored mirroring that would look so good. Kudos on your mod though, it is better than original.

#7656 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Did you pull the door switch?

Quoted from sulakd:

Nope. Will do. Thanks for the responses everybody.

Think of that door switch as ... a cosmic finger.

IMG_0032 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#7735 7 years ago

Still running v15 but question about the use of flashers, as each appears to be tied to an individual gi. The flashers are going off a lot during game play and this should be toned down to either signal when something should be attempted or as a celebratory occasion. Bottom line having them flash for no apparent reason is confusing and not helpful. Am I missing something?

1 month later
#8073 6 years ago

Is Spooky planning a public celebration after RZ #299 rolls off the line at the end of May? I dug up Herg's shipping projection from back in the day and am shocked that it forecast completion by May 15, 2017, two weeks earlier than Spooky will probably achieve this milestone. In fact, it is kind of .... spooky. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/122#post-3335716

They had a plan to sell and build 300 RZ pins, they built them and somehow managed to stay on track doing it. Spooky is a modern day example of they came, they saw and they kicked azz - how rare for any business, but especially for a pinball manufacturer. Here's to making it look easy.... wish Charlie would sign on to build my Tesla next.

herg_shipping_tracker (resized).jpgherg_shipping_tracker (resized).jpg

1 week later
#8177 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

From Fawzma Games FB:
Progress on Rob Zombie V020
LDG and HOTC modes need to be looked at still.
RZ UPDATE V020 - ***COMING SOONISH****
Fixed - Start to hold feature (when disabled) would end a game as soon as it was started
Fixed - Added more checks to resave settings when loaded settings are outside the normal value
Fixed - Ball save video plays when save activates on outside lanes
Fixed - Mode select flipper handling improvements. Much easier to use both flippers to select a mode
Fixed - Drop target will reset to correct position at the end of modes
Fixed - CHOP lane shifts works properly
Fixed - Using a space in your last initial works properly now
Fixed - Added a delay between name entry and match to help prevent match animation from not playing
Fixed - Reduced time between drain and extra ball eject and shows "PLAY AGAIN" instead of full animation
Fixed - Boombox switch was giving way to many points
Fixed - Ball search makes it through complete cycle without triggering a switch by mistake, deadswitch check increased with relation to search time set
Fixed - PF animation would hang during last score info
Fixed - added rampup debounce to VUK switch
Fixed - added rampup debounce to Drop Target
Fixed - If you drain with drop target down and didn't lock ball, sneaking in behind drop target would gives
a lock credit on your next ball, then bug out the mode so you couldn't progress.
Fixed - Jackpot value increases now account for the multiplier
Fixed - Dead City, Some switches did not award point in MB
Fixed - Upper right sling did not award point if its the first switch hit in skill shot
Fixed - What! mode time refreshes when you roll over UPF switch.
Fixed - What! in bash mode, clips from first part of mode would play when the shouldn't
Fixed - What! mode total was being added to score when mode finished, effectively doubling your points in error
Fixed - Center ramp is worthless once superjackpot is ready, this includes the left inner lane, prevents ramp spamming in tourny
Added - *NEW* mode start hurryup "Quick Lightning" light up lightning targets outside of a main mode to start timer. Get to VUK to start a mode in time to collect points award
Added - Stop post added to ball search routine
Added - When game ends, the screen is dumped to last scores
Added - Menu setting to turn off/on the free play text - Main Menu
Added - Ballsearch time adjustable between 8 and 20 seconds. - Main Menu
Added - Last game score(s) now are part of the score tables as you hit the right flipper in attract mode
Added - PF RGB flashes when ball save is activated
Added - Game can be played with missing balls. Machine has to have at least 2 balls in the trough
Added - Game Over clip + music
Added - Dragula videomode into lightshow
Added - Shaker goes off with the Rev's in video mode intro
Added - Shaker when demon mode ends
Added - What! movie screen countdown added to start of mode, plus something extra
Added - Callout, if start pressed and no coins inserted (family and adult versions)
Added - Demonoid, voice countdown starts at 5 seconds remaining
Added - Demonoid, voices at certain points in time
Added - Lightning switches, causes lightning effect on lower RGB
Added - Shaker on thunder effect
Added - When in a mode, VUK triggers Spauldings entrance vocals
Added - Murder ride callouts for starting, and when collecting
Added - Replay value increases each game if a player reaches replay value. Replay value resets to normal when last game doesn't reach goal.
Updated - Replay value option in Game Settings, increases by 5 million instead of 10 million
Updated - Upper flipper temporary disabled when you get the JP multiplier to 4.
Updated - Chop animation would play even if lane was already set, animation will play only if the lane wasn't completed already
Updated - Servos are powered down during drain to help reduce chatter
Updated - What! mode instructions play completely at first start of mode
Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered
Updated - Inner right obit switch added to What! mode complete check
Updated - Dragula pf lights updated to only show what shots are required for mode
Updated - Dragula ramp light blinks when one ramp is left to hit
Updated - Dragula, 3,2,1 more to go callouts added
Updated - Dragula video mode now has a car rev'ing/taking off SFX with running engine sound
Updated - Dragula Added timer to videomode/jackpot selection piece of the mode.
Updated - Dragula MB, jackpots are claimed but center ramp and stops when SJP is ready
Super jackpots start on center ramp then move around the next round
Once SPJ is claimed, parts collected resets.
Super jackpot activation takes more and more jackpot shots to get to the next round
Updated - Reduced drop target power in ball search. This will prevent the target from resetting all the way when it should be down
Updated - Dragula, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Dragula overtime, collecting parts advanced jackpot. center ramp collects.
Updated - Dragula overtime, coffin targets now collect car parts.
Updated - Player initials autopopulated and set to end position for each score table
Updated - Deadcity, which target to hit animation added
Updated - Deadcity, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Deadcity, little rocker added as a collectible in MB
Updated - Deadcity, MB mode lights updated to stay on instead of going out when targets are hit
Updated - What! mode rewrite. After collecting RH or time running out on RH, mode goes into spaulding hurryup (if not collected). 30 seconds to collect displayed value.
Updated - What! MB now shows current jackpot. Advance jackpot multiplier on coffin switches. Increase jackpot by shooting through spaulding gate
Updated - Demonoid, remove upper playfield switch requirement. Only 15 switches required.
Updated - Demonoid, in MB jackpot advanced on each switch hit. center ramp collects displayed value. Super jackpot resets switches
Updated - Demonoid, jackpot multiplier advancement added to start of mode. Increase your jackpot multiplier before getting into MB.
Updated - Demonoid, add a ball light changed to blink instead of pulse
Updated - Superbeast, Rob calls out superbeast sneak attack MB if used instead of normal MB callout
Updated - Superbeast, SJP locations limited to outer orbits and center ramp
Updated - SuperBeast, in MB, advance jackpot but dropping drop target. Timer starts up and you have 20 amount of seconds to increase JP value by completing right inner orbit
Updated - Superbeast, MB JP starts at JP multiplierx2 due to difficult of increasing jackpots
Updated - Superbeast, updated the same as previous modes when in MB. shows JP values..etc. jackpot collected from center ramp, supers from random places
Updated - American Witch, updated the same as previous modes when in MB. shows JP values..etc. jackpot collected from center ramp, supers from random places
Updated - American Witch, in adult mode, dancing witches are only used.

Makes me wonder what a steaming pile v19 is. Time to let this one free into the wild, eyes peeled for it to drop.

#8242 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I am up and running thanks to all of your help

Great. Now play some RZ or you can go F$@K yourself As a general gauge, if you don't hear the f word every 10 seconds, it ain't on adult mode.

2 weeks later
#8400 6 years ago

is v20 going to include dmd enhancements or will that lag? There was some discussion about the quality of images and I know that video mode is somewhat difficult to follow as the number of pixels is too low.

psssst ... pssssst ..... when is v20 going to be available?

ps - if the kid ain't coding, tell him to get busy with the podcast. Screw those school assignments, this is important. Spooky listeners are ready for their June 1 feeding.

3 weeks later
#8524 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was told v20 last Monday,I guess he ran into more bugs

giphy-downsized (2).gifgiphy-downsized (2).gif
giphy-downsized (4).gifgiphy-downsized (4).gif
giphy-downsized (3).gifgiphy-downsized (3).gif
giphy-downsized (1).gifgiphy-downsized (1).gif

bugs1.gifbugs1.gif

1 week later
#8794 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My wife was playing this evening, and she basically shoots up the middle all day long. After 6 ramp shots, the RHPL callout got old really quickly.

IMG_0310 (resized).PNGIMG_0310 (resized).PNG

2 months later
#9292 6 years ago

Have been playing v19 software since early Feb, and not frequently enough because two trough switches were intermitent and summer got in the way. Now that it is Fall, I had those switches replaced and uploaded v21 software. W O W - Big difference! ! ! I was floored how much the game has evolved - lots of fixes, enhancements, added call outs and instructions where to shoot. Game already had good bones but now it feels gritty, like driving around town in a dragula. Like it so much in fact that I ordered the apron lcd mod.

You may remember that Fawzma did not have prior pinball coding experience, yet has managed to create a fun and challenging pin. Exactly the kind of new blood the industry needs. In fact Spooky’s history is one of a successful startup. They had newbie Ben Heck design and code AMH, while newbie Charlie Emery built it. Then it was newbie Charlie Emery designing his first game – RZ, while newbie Fawza coded it and new kid Charlie built it too. Game three is Alice Cooper. Game four is designed and being coded by newbie Scott Denesi - TNA, while veteran Charlie Emery is building it. Spooky is growing a company that is growing talent in house.

What are the upgrades I have been missing?

RZ UPDATE V21 - 8/14/2017
Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly
Fixed - AV now at V008, random read error
Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine
Fixed - mode select now works when using infected mode
Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist
Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.
Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.
Update - servo adjustments going down would roll to 255 instead of 12
Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1
Update - upper flippers will be forced off anytime they aren't needed
Update - Save light forced off after collecting 500 corpse in 1000c
Update - Balls search on start up kicks ball from lane instantly
Updated - "move your bra" removed.. only uses "pop your top".
Updated - Robot now moves in ball search
Updated - Lightnig mode strobes left orbit instead of blinking the hurryup
Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

RZ UPDATE V020 - 6/30/2017
Fixed - 7/12 - ball save timing changed to prevent premature end of ball
Fixed - 7/1 - goober didn't reset mode properly on drain
Fixed - Start to hold feature (when disabled) would end a game as soon as it was started
Fixed - Added more checks to resave settings when loaded settings are outside the normal value
Fixed - Ball save video plays when save activates on outside lanes
Fixed - Mode select flipper handling improvements. Much easier to use both flippers to select a mode
Fixed - Drop target will reset to correct position at the end of modes
Fixed - CHOP lane shifts works properly
Fixed - Using a space in your last initial works properly now
Fixed - Added a delay between name entry and match to help prevent match animation from not playing
Fixed - Reduced time between drain and extra ball eject and shows "PLAY AGAIN" instead of full animation
Fixed - Boombox switch was giving way to many points
Fixed - Ball search makes it through complete cycle witouttriggering a switch by mistake, deadswitch check increased with relation to search time set
Fixed - PF animation would hang during last score info
Fixed - added rampup debounce to VUK switch
Fixed - added rampup debounce to Drop Target
Fixed - LDG, Rob Zombie would say to hit targets 2 times to complete, when in fact you had to do it 3 times
Fixed - If you drain with drop target down and didn't lock ball, sneaking in behind drop target would gives
a lock credit on your next ball, then bug out the mode so you couldn't progress.
Fixed - Jackpot value increases now account for the multiplier
Fixed - Dead City, Some switches did not award point in MB
Fixed - Upper right sling did not award point if its the first switch hit in skill shot
Fixed - What! mode time refreshes when you roll over UPF switch.
Fixed - What! in bash mode, clips from first part of mode would play when the shouldn't
Fixed - What! mode total was being added to score when mode finished, effectively doubling your points in error
Fixed - Center ramp is worthless once superjackpot is ready, this includes the left inner lane, prevents ramp spamming in tourney
Fixed - Nasty scoring bug squashed that prevented points from being awarded.
Fixed - Infected mode, killer cards were being collected
Fixed - SuperBeast, player score now shown
Fixed - Music loops
Fixed - Extra ball only lights on 3rd ball and low score if tournament mode is off
Fixed - Match knocker moved to after reveal
Added - *NEW* mode start hurryup "Quick Lightning" light up lightning targets outside of a main mode to start timer. Get to VUK to start a mode in time to collect points reward
Added - Stop post added to ball search routine
Added - When game ends, the screen is dumped to last scores
Added - Menu setting to turn off/on the free play text - Main Menu
Added - Ballsearch time adjustable between 8 and 20 seconds. - Main Menu
Added - Last game score(s) now are part of the score tables as you hit the right flipper in attract mode
Added - PF RGB flashes when ball save is activated
Added - Game can be played with missing balls. Machine has to have at least 2 balls in the trough
Added - Game Over clip + music
Added - Dragula videomode into lightshow
Added - Shaker goes off with the Rev's in video mode intro
Added - Shaker when demon mode ends
Added - What! movie screen countdown added to start of mode, plus something extra
Added - Callout, if start pressed and no coins inserted (family and adult versions)
Added - Demonoid, voice countdown starts at 5 seconds remaining
Added - Demonoid, voices at certain points in time
Added - Lighning switches, causes lightning effect on lower RGB
Added - Shaker on thunder effect
Added - When in a mode, VUK triggers Spauldings entrance vocals
Added - Murder ride callouts for starting, and when collecting
Added - Replay value increases each game if a player reaches replay value. Replay value resets to normal when last game doesn't reach goal.
Added - Custom messages, 10..15..20..25..30 second custom message graphics. in "Operator Menu"
Added - Infected mode is back in. Infected flippers will not be used at this time.
Added - Search routine into infect drain routine
Added - Killer cards, after collecting card, value is now flashed
Added - Goober Mode, starts if you get the 6th ramp hand.. stopping short giving you points
Added - Murder Ride bonus mode for collecting all killer cards
Updated - Extraball - 1 knock, Replay - 2 knocks
Updated - Super pops changes to "Pop Your Top!" or "Move your Bra"
Updated - LDG, coffin light goes solid instead of off when collecting
Updated - Dirty pool logic cleaned up
Updated - Backbox pulses green with PF RGB
Updated - Replay value option in Game Settings, increases by 5 million instead of 10 million
Updated - Upper flipper temporary disabled when you get the JP multiplier to 4.
Updated - Drop target raised faster after LDG ends
Updated - Chop animation would play even if lane was already set, animation will play only if the lane wasn't completed already
Updated - Servos are powered down during drain to help reduce chatter
Updated - What! mode instructions play completely at first start of mode
Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered
Updated - Inner right obit switch added to What! mode complete check
Updated - Dragula pf lights updated to only show what shots are required for mode
Updated - Dragula ramp light blinks when one ramp is left to hit
Updated - Dragula, 3,2,1 more to go callouts added
Updated - Dragula video mode now has a car rev'ing/taking off SFX with running engine sound
Updated - Dragula Added timer to videomode/jackpot selection piece of the mode.
Updated - Dragula MB, jackpots are claimed but center ramp and stops when SJP is ready
Super jackpots start on center ramp then move around the next round
Once SPJ is claimed, parts collected resets.
Super jackpot activation takes more and more jackpot shots to get to the next round
Updated - Reduced drop target power in ball search. This will prevent the target from resetting all the way when it should be down
Updated - Dragula, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Dragula overtime, collecting parts advanced jackpot. center ramp collects.
Updated - Dragula overtime, coffin targets now collect car parts.
Updated - Dragula, milliseconds increased per second, and takes "13" seconds
Updated - Player initials autopopulated and set to end position for each score table
Updated - Deadcity, which target to hit animation added
Updated - Deadcity, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Deadcity, little rocker added as a collectible in MB
Updated - Deadcity, MB mode lights updated to stay on instead of going out when targets are hit
Updated - What! mode rewrite. After collecting RH or time running out on RH, mode goes into spaulding hurryup (if not collected). 30 seconds to collect displayed value.
Updated - What! MB now shows current jackpot. Advance jackpot multiplier on coffin switches. Increase jackpot by shooting through spauling gate
Updated - Demonoid, remove upper playfield switch requirement. Only 15 switches required.
Updated - Demonoid, in MB jackpot advanced on each switch hit. center ramp collects displayed value. Super jackpot resets switches
Updated - Demonoid, jackpot multiplier advancement added to start of mode. Increase your jackpot multiplier before getting into MB.
Updated - Demonoid, add a ball light changed to blink instead of pulse
Updated - Superbeast, Rob calls out superbeast sneak attack MB if used instead of normal MB callout
Updated - Superbeast, SJP locations limited to outer orbits and center ramp
Updated - SuperBeast, in MB, advance jackpot but dropping drop target. Timer starts up and you have 20 amount of seconds to increase JP value by completing right inner orbit
Updated - Superbeast, MB JP starts at JP multiplierx2 due to difficult of increasing jackpots
Updated - Superbeast, updated the same as previous modes when in MB. shows JP values..etc. jackpot collected from center ramp, supers from random places
Updated - SuperBeast, animations updated with progress indicator
Updated - American Witch, updated the same as previous modes when in MB. shows JP values..etc. jackpot collected from center ramp, supers from random places
Updated - American Witch, in adult mode, dancing witches are only used.
Updated - Mode start flashes along with arrow instead of strobing when you are out of a main mode
Updated - Killer cards, when a card is ready to collect, that card blinks. doesn't strobe anymore
Updated - Killer cards, score values increment after Satan is collected
Updated - Spaulding hurryup blinks instead of strobes
Updated - Robot servo disabled on skillshot start to reduce wear. Enables when needed.
Updated - Rattle voice priority set to lowest
Updated - Rob calls MB for all modes except What!, Sid calls out instead.
Updated - If mode is complete and not in infected mode, mode selected shows mode complete version or clip

#9293 6 years ago

When Spooky announced RZ production would be limited to 300, many said that number was a mistake and too low. Now they met the goal and the last RZ rolled off the line in August, it appears their forecast was right on the mark. The last 50 took effort to sell and ship but seem to have met market demand. In the meantime, a second-hand market for selling new RZ’s temporarily introduced extra supply, causing offer prices to dip, in order for machines to sell. I heard that a lot of RZ’s were being resold, so I decided to pull adds for 2017, and surprise, there are many, and are listed below. Outlook going forward, prices have likely bottomed and will rise slowly. The good news for all the RZ owners is that the game is Fawzma-tastic!!

2017 Ads thru Sep for RZSSI
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International Topic
Topic started 24 days ago by J_Striker – in Pinball machines for sale – 19 posts ‐ Last reply 14 days ago
Topic started 25 days ago by pin-pimp – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 25 days ago
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International w/ mods Topic
Topic started 28 days ago by J_Striker – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 28 days ago
Trade Rob Zombie le Topic
Topic started 31 days ago by bumgahdna – in Pinball parts for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 31 days ago
For trade: Rob Zombie LE Topic
Topic started 36 days ago by bumgahdna – in Pinball machines for sale – 4 posts ‐ Last reply 35 days ago
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International-#74 of 300 Topic
Topic started 55 days ago by sparechange1974 – in Pinball machines for sale – 4 posts ‐ Last reply 53 days ago
Topic started 94 days ago by Wisconsinpinball – in Pinball machines for sale – 20 posts ‐ Last reply 83 days ago
Topic started 94 days ago by Wisconsinpinball – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 94 days ago
Topic started 100 days ago by jq-pinner77 – in Pinball machines for sale – 11 posts ‐ Last reply 46 days ago
Topic started 104 days ago by C2Motorsports – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 104 days ago
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International LE #38 Topic
Topic started 116 days ago by KillerKades – in Pinball machines for sale – 5 posts ‐ Last reply 98 days ago
REDUCED: LE Rob Zombie's Spookshow International Topic
Topic started 143 days ago by ZMeny – in Pinball machines for sale – 31 posts ‐ Last reply 125 days ago
Topic started 150 days ago by tk-the-jammer – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 150 days ago
Topic started 167 days ago by mattster – in Pinball machines for sale – 7 posts ‐ Last reply 137 days ago
Topic started 173 days ago by PinballSTAR – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 173 days ago
Rob Zombie shaker motor thoughts Topic
Topic started 178 days ago by davijc02 – in Spooky Pinball – 7 posts ‐ Last reply 177 days ago
Sale or trade : Rob Zombie LE #12 Spookshow International Topic
Topic started 178 days ago by pinstadium – in Pinball machines for sale – 7 posts ‐ Last reply 162 days ago
NIB with all mods: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International Topic
Topic started 181 days ago by pinchamp – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 181 days ago
Rob Zombie Custom #300 auction for JDRF Topic
Topic started 182 days ago by SpookyCharlie – in Pinball charity – 47 posts ‐ Last reply 173 days ago
For sale: Rob Zombie Spookshow International LE #21 reduced Topic
Topic started 183 days ago by GAP – in Pinball machines for sale – 4 posts ‐ Last reply 173 days ago
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International LE Topic
Topic started 6 months ago by KillerKades – in Pinball machines for sale – 8 posts ‐ Last reply 133 days ago
Rob Zombie Play Field Topic
Topic started 6 months ago by 2Kaulitz – in Pinball parts for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 6 months ago
Topic started 6 months ago by Classic_Stern – in Pinball machines for sale – 19 posts ‐ Last reply 174 days ago
Topic started 6 months ago by cfh – in Pinball machines for sale – 19 posts ‐ Last reply 176 days ago
Topic started 7 months ago by pinballkim – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 7 months ago
FS: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International Topic
Topic started 7 months ago by hAbO – in Pinball machines for sale – 52 posts ‐ Last reply 6 days ago
Rob Zombie RGB Interactive Lockdown Bar Kit Topic
Topic started 7 months ago by Pinitration – in Pinball mods/toppers market – 3 posts ‐ Last reply 7 months ago
Price lowered: Rob Zombie's Spookshow Intl Topic
Topic started 7 months ago by pinghetto – in Pinball machines for sale – 7 posts ‐ Last reply 7 months ago
Topic started 7 months ago by heryworm – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 7 months ago
Trade or FS: Metallica Road Case Premium for Rob Zombie Topic
Topic started 8 months ago by RobOOZE – in Pinball machines for sale – 4 posts ‐ Last reply 7 months ago
Topic started 8 months ago by musketd – in Pinball machines for sale – 4 posts ‐ Last reply 8 months ago
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International NIB Topic
Topic started 8 months ago by jellikit – in Pinball machines for sale – 14 posts ‐ Last reply 8 months ago
Topic started 8 months ago by jalpert – in Pinball machines for sale – 10 posts ‐ Last reply 8 months ago
Topic started 9 months ago by HemiOrange09 – in Pinball machines for sale – 14 posts ‐ Last reply 9 months ago
For sale or trade: Rob Zombie's Spookshow International LE Topic
Topic started 9 months ago by luckymoey – in Pinball machines for sale – 2 posts ‐ Last reply 9 months ago
Topic started 9 months ago by twenty84 – in Pinball machines for sale – 4 posts ‐ Last reply 9 months ago
Topic started 9 months ago by krankcolc – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 9 months ago
Topic started 9 months ago by trimoto – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 9 months ago
Sell FT for Rob Zombie? Topic
Topic started 9 months ago by davijc02 – in Buying and selling advice – 53 posts ‐ Last reply 9 months ago
Topic started 9 months ago by Troutfarm – in Pinball machines for sale – 31 posts ‐ Last reply 6 months ago
Topic started 10 months ago by Pickenheim – in Pinball machines for sale – 2 posts ‐ Last reply 10 months ago
For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow LE NIB Topic
Topic started 10 months ago by Rush1169 – in Pinball machines for sale – 1 post ‐ Last reply 10 months ago

#9313 6 years ago

Listing a couple of code suggestions to see if others support for version v23.

1) Demonoid - disable flipper controlling upper pf inserts, requiring player to hit both left and right switches once.

2) LDG - lighting should be unlit by default, blink when mode is ready or running and solidly lit if mode is won. Would make more sense thematically and be a nice reward for running the mode.

3) Infection - any mode that is started but not finished the first time, is labeled infected on the menu. If selected again, player must win to complete mode, lighting the insert and showing up as completed on the mode menu. Failing to win the second time around costs half his points awarded to preceding player AND it completes that mode for all other players. Losing player is inoculated and that shows up on menu and he can try replaying that mode without additional penalty beyond the loss of balls (pinballs, not his beans! and his dignity). One person games pay the same penalties for losing. If player doesn't want to risk penalties of losing an infected mode, they should only play each mode once per game.

Note - all infected modes are started the first time in reverse flippers if enabled in the game menu. The flippers start normally in further attempts.

When playing HO1KC- the cost of losing an infected round (your second attempt) is loss of all your corpses go to preceding player. If that pushes them over 1k, they collect that insert.

4) Super Jackpot - currently modes and multiballs utilize the ramp to collect jackpots. Add a super jackpot opportunity worth 10x jackpot and make collectible by shooting left orbit to upper playfield, hit Spaulding once to open gate and a second time to fall in hole to collect. Some cool call outs to accompany, of course.

5) Sync ball save insert with ball saver, dammit. When I lose a ball and the ball save insert is blinking, I want my ball. Regardless of if it is ball one or ball three. I am sure this is timing and software matter than can be overcome, but my OCD cannot forgive this much longer.

6) Playfield Multipliers - Unsure how playfield multipliers work, but would love to see one incorporated that loosely resembles what Centaur does for each completion of the top rollovers. It would need to be better lit on the playfield or screen. In RZ, each ball resets at the launch of a ball. In RZ's case, every completion of 'chop' + left/right switches on upper playfield can be collected at the blinking multiplier targets on playfield and will result in an increase of the playfield multiplier by one. Entire balls bonus is multiplied by playfield multiplier for award. But don't tilt because you'll never see the ball bonus.

7) Mode multipliers are not generally needed and can continue to be the add a ball. The multipliers on the playfield are for HO1KC and to collect playfield multiplier.

Potentially big rewards from items 3 & 4 & 6 allow some brand new scoring strategies to evolve.

When do the reverse flippers come into play?

ps - looking forward to receiving and installing my apron mod.

2 weeks later
#9353 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Thanks for the feedback.

Also do not like. However using only 2 spots tied to gi would preserve atmosphere and side blades would almost double the ambient lighting on the playfield.

1 week later
#9361 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The wife got me done up right this year.

Where's the bucket? Did you already polish all the burnt chicken?

#9399 6 years ago

Can someone post the log? Adding infection mode is a major accomplishment and I like the three settings. Perfect.

1 week later
#9415 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What does the 3rd option mean, you get infected if you fail a mode even the first time? I think a lot of people (myself included) were hoping it would kick in if you failed a mode you had already failed.
If it's after any fail I'll have to try it, but it seems like we'll be getting a lot of reversed flippers. Seems like it will be too much, but at least we know we'll get to see it.

From what I recall, with reverse flippers running, Infected is a multiball with time save and there is a target on playfield to hit, which will switch flippers back to normal during the multiball. What would be interesting to see is if that target reverses flippers again.

1 week later
#9449 6 years ago

Let's move up the turkey bird update to sooner rather than later. I got lots of time on my hands right now.

#9450 6 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Anyone have issues of two balls getting stuck in the wireform drop to the left inlane? I had a friend over who played the whole night and I had to unstick balls there 3 times. Thoughts on a "fix" for this?

I asked this to Charlie once and he replied no fix. It is just an occurrence you can't really plan for. I see it once every 300 games maybe. I agree to check that game is level and verify your wireform exit hole is aligned with the lane below it.

What the game needs more imo is a shooter lane backstop you can install and prevent ball from jumping backwards and landing behind the shooter lane and falling in the cabinet. RZ is the only game I have seen without a metal backstop and the only game I've seen actually eat balls. Can one be installed off an older game? Usually they are part of the apron but a small standalone metal backstop is needed here. Could some kind of big washers be installed on edge to stop the ball better? Sorry to high jack your issue.

#9473 6 years ago

I'm thankful the code dropped, beating turkey day by one.

#9514 6 years ago

Where did menu option for reverse flippers go?

Fuses holding up better than my play. Now to fix some ball hangups. #wheresthemetalbackstopforshooterlane?

IMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2007 (resized).JPG
IMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#9568 6 years ago

Looks good, add me to your wtb list.

#9591 6 years ago

Anyone having problems with infection modes not working? I've tried all settings in the menu and the infection symbol appears beside a failed mode on your next mode start attempt, but the game never diverts into infection mode following a ball drain.

#9594 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If I understand correctly, the Infected mode only works when you fail the mode, not drain in the middle. If you drain, the next ball launches normally. The Infected symbol will appear on the mode select screen, however.

That makes sense, I usually drain before the mode ends so will need to play better. Sadly I set mine to occur after every failed mode, and because I usually lose the ball, rarely even start infection.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have yet to experience infected mode. Have set on. What am I missing?

Once started, the screen shows you are x% infected. The percentage increases with time, but I'm not sure what your goal is, nor what happens if you win or lose.

#9596 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If you make a certain number of shots, you go back to normal play. I assumed if you don’t by the time you reach 100% infected, you lose your ball, but I haven’t checked yet.

With latest software release enabling infected mode, just figured it out and it is way cool.

Start a mode and complete it - congrats you get points and continue with same ball. In certain modes, shoot the lit shot to start a 2-ball multiball.

Start a mode and don't complete it - if you drain the ball you've lost it. If ball is still play (or if you timeout the mode by cradling a ball), you start infected mode.

Infected mode starts with playfield lights all red. A counter reads 0% and it counts up with time. Shoot stand up target with lit white insert, repeat two more times before timer reaches 100% and your health is safe and you continue with ball in play. Maybe each successive time you play infected it should require one more standup. Otherwise, you've lost the ball and that mode becomes infected. Menu will show infected symbol beside that mode next time you qualify a mode start. Unsure if player is locked out of replaying an infected mode in the same game, but there should be an option to set this to no.

You decide how to qualify infected 1) after each incomplete mode 2) after 1 incomplete mode or 3) never. Now we just need FawzmaGames to add an option back for how to play infection mode - standard flippers, reverse flippers or 2-ball reverse flippers. There is already a ball save timer deployed and this could vary by option.

#9622 6 years ago

ZEN Another thing you'll want to do right away is open switch test menu and make sure none of your switches are stuck on. It won't solve your wireform alignment issue but it may help you out elsewhere.

#9644 6 years ago

Is the LCD display on the apron mod in color? For awhile it was b/w and there was a reason for it.

#9661 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

There is also a bug found where the game would get confused on a drain when the save timer was just about to turn off. This would give the appearance of dead flippers and whatnot.

glad to see that one squashed, it was a peeve.

#9686 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

As requested by "jeffspinballpalace", I've designed a fix for the issue of balls falling back into the cabinet. This ball stop mod installs with no permanent modification. I hope it can save some of us from losing a ball during a stellar game As an added bonus, it helps take some of the warp/droop out of the shooter cover and holds the angle better.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01437-rob-zombie-ball-stop-mod-fix
EDIT (Mod thread): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-ball-stop-modfix-medisinyl-mods#post-4151432

Great job Greg. Simple yet sturdy solution to a real issue and elegant too. Your RZ mods demonstrate that you should have been hired as a consultant on the original design team. Just ordered the ball stop, this mod should be considered a mandatory upgrade. It belongs on every RZ, especially those on location.

#9700 6 years ago

Considering posting a list of ideas to be incorporated to finalize the code but wondering if another thread is better? Figure it is worth a final push to get some things polished. Thumbs up for using this thread or down for starting a new one.

#9708 6 years ago

RZ$$I is fantastic and code is one of the best parts, but there are some adjustments that could make the game even better imho. Some have been mentioned before and I am not particularly good at communication, but i hoped to consolidate a list and it would be great to hear if any of these might be added to the next game update by the software design team. Sorry for the long post that follows.

RZ TO DO LIST

1) Infected Mode -

One of three promised features discussed in the game's early development that sold me on a RZ preorder. Currently Infected begins after a mode times out and when you still have a ball in play. Once completed, it lights up on the mode menu. The rules for infected have evolved a few times and maybe it's time to ratchet the wheel another quarter turn.

Change infected to count any mode that is started and not completed as a fail, including those in which the ball drains before the mode times out. So any mode started would result in one of three outcomes - it would be completed, would be timed out and infected mode started or ball would drain and mode would become infected. An infected mode will appear on the mode menu with an infected symbol. To clear an infection, the infected mode may initially be won following the timing out of any mode, or subsequently by choosing to start an incomplete infected mode. When starting an infected mode, you should have to beat infected mode first to clear infection and then the regular mode would automatically start and you need to beat it to complete mode. Fail but keep ball in play after the mode times out and infected mode starts again. Completed modes should not be selectable again, however, infected modes should be.

2) Fawzma Flippers -

The second promised feature which is currently not implemented, although it was for a short period, was the use of reverse flippers during infection mode.

Add menu option for flipper style to use for infection mode with options being - standard flippers, reverse flippers or inverted reverse flippers. Selected style will run during entirety of infection mode. Improving on this idea, rather than one setting for the whole game, allow each player to select their desired style. This would be pretty sweet because this would also allow other players to select a style for You. My personal desire would be to add a menu option for flipper style to be used during the whole game, not just infection mode. Play the whole game with reverse or inverted flippers. Sure it would be difficult but it would also allow you to practice your aiming skills under duress. Should that feature become a standard feature in all of Fawzma's games, calling style selection - Fawzma Flippers - is an easy name to use. even though that is not his name.

3) Corpse Stealing -

Third promised feature that distinguishes this game is not currently implemented.

Add menu option to allow corpse stealing. At the beginning of HTC, a window pops up showing how many corpses have been collected by each player. You are asked whether you wish to play the mode or to steal corpses. If you chose to steal, you pick which player's corpses and those are transferred to you and your ball is released. Once 1000 corpses have been accumulated - at any time during the game and by any player, that player gets the light show, a call out and a lit insert. Once HTC is completed, that player' corpses can not be stolen later in the game.

4) HTC (1000 Corpses) mode -

Currently each switch counts as one corpse and you can multiply the total collected by hitting the two x targets for a value of 1 x or 2 x total. This typically results in in 200 to 600 corpses being collected, almost never can 1000 be collected. Corpse count appears on screen at end of mode and you cannot recall it later.

Change multiplier rules so that after collecting 2x multiplier, one additional set of hits to the x targets requalifies them and another set of hits increases multipliers to 3x and 4x. This should allow player to reach 1000 corpses on one really good ball. Once HTC has been reached, it needs a damn nice light show, an obnoxious call out and for the HTC insert to be lit. Pressing flipper buttons during game should bring up game status and this includes showing corpse count. Current corpse count and multiplier to be shown while playing HTC.

5) Add Fuckin' Funny Clown Secret Jackpot - Capt Spaulding is the best character in all the RZ movies and he deserves his own jackpot.

Hitting a ball to the upper playfield during any multiball will activate the upper flipper. Hit the Spaulding gate once to open and another shot to sink ball in the Spaulding hole. This triggers flashers, a cool Spaulding quote and awards 3 million points. The reward must be big enough to tempt a player into trying the maneuver because the risk for losing the other balls in play is high. Every score could benefit from winning one or two FFCSJ's

6) Demonoid -

Currently requires hitting 15 switches on lower playfield to complete the mode.

Add 2 targets from upper playfield as a requirement for the mode as originally programmed. This adds difficulty but provides a feeling of accomplishing something big.

7) Add content for apron screen -

Could be used to explain rules in attract mode. Could be used to suggest what to hit during game play. Could also be used to cycle through game status screen during game play. Game status needs to be added to the game anyways via holding in flipper, but the small apron screen automatically scroll through game status. That way useful info is provided via the apron, but it is also available to those who don't upgrade with the apron mod.

.8) Update rule sheet -

Rules have grown and it is both important and useful to capture latest rules and scoring.

So not so much stuff but it refines things somewhat. Items #3-5 add new scoring opportunities. What do you think?

1 month later
#9760 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

fawzmagames has been sorta radio silent with RZ recently, must be working hard on ACNC. Would love to see a polished V23 released soon.

... and hear his plans for possible future code enhancements. New coder was added focused on updating Jetsons. More horsepower means ??? hopefully more code for existing titles. I've got to believe AMH was 99.5% done and Ben is gone so put a fork in it. Other titles (Jetsons and RZ) should be fair game.

#9774 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd messaged flashinstinct about doing some target decals for RZ.
He asked that the following be sent to him, "... dimensions in mm with pictures of targets."
Since I'm away at the moment, I thought one of you guys might be ready and willing to do it.
Tons of mods for RZ, but no decent target decals, and the larger ones do look conspicuously bare.

Send him here. horizontal is 1 1/16 in

IMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPG

#9775 6 years ago

Vertical is 15/16 in. I am sure that is a standard size and they have a center rivot.

IMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPG

This pic shows 1 standup that needs a decal.

IMG_2298 (resized).JPGIMG_2298 (resized).JPG

this pic shows 5 targets that need a decal.

IMG_2299 (resized).JPGIMG_2299 (resized).JPG

#9776 6 years ago

Another two needed. These are 1 inch round targets.

IMG_2302 (resized).JPGIMG_2302 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#9784 6 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I played this at the TPF and I was about to rate this game and give it a serious negative for not having any music. My wife and I played at least 5 games on it and all the adult settings were on and the layout was ok, but not having any RZ music on a RZ pin didn't make any sense. Reading the other reviews, there is indeed music on this pin, so did the owner have the music off for demo? Why in the world would he do that?
The Alice Cooper reveal also did not have any music on it and we thought that's just how Spooky's games were.

Don't think there is a separate adjustment for music or any switch to turn it down. There is an amp in the cabinet to control treble, bass, extra bass and volume and +/- buttons on the coin door. Sound ranges from quiet to LOUD!!. I think you would have heard music except that amp was not adjusted correctly.

#9788 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

For those hoping for code. I saw the launch video from tpf for ACNC And he said aside from a bug fix code update no future code is expected for RZ. All focus is going to new games. Personally im fine with that. I think the code is fun as is And unbelievably challenging. My RZ does however need the most TLC out of all my games. Numerous leaf switch issues and the obvious buggyness from the last update.

FU@k that. Switches are easy to adjust, keep at it and you will get them to settle in and work consistently. There are a number of places in the code to be fixed prior to a final update. A number of suggested improvements have been requested in this thread. Fawzma has previously said he had some ideas to maybe implement. Spooky has added a programmer and a world champion player/rules guru.

Spooky should assign some of the new resources to address and polish RZ in a way I know they want their pins to be known for. They should not be dropping RZ so soon. RZ still has a bit to go imo.

AMH is extremely well polished, as Ben lead three or four pushes to gather final rule requests from users and implemented some along with his own wants. End result shows it was built with 150 percent sweat. So game one AMH is 100% done and is fully developed. Game two RZ is ? % done and is NOT fully developed. RZ code needs home made whip cream, fresh cherries, loopi-straw and minibrella. Also SpookyCharlie I remember you stating during production when code was more barren, that the game would be coded until it is a masterpiece. And to not worry, buy your game now and we'll keep updating code. I am awaiting the masterpiece.

#9798 6 years ago
Quoted from Caseymae19:

I’m just glad nothing else broke down on our machine after over 1200 plays in 2 days from a bunch of grimy strangers.

Wow 600 plays x 2 days is the most plays I've ever heard of for a pinball gathering.

#9802 6 years ago

I'd say Spooky is more of a medium sized enterprise. They have successfully produced and sold 5.5 pins (AMH, RZ, Dominos, TNA, Jetsons and ACNC is almost ready). Their run numbers of each have been low, and their number of employees under 10 have led to them to be categorized a boutique manufacturer. But make no mistake - Spooky is not a small company nor are they still adolescent - they are more like a young adult. As such, customers expect the most and when the Owner of a company says they won't stop developing software until the game is the best it can be, and while RZ is really good, it is not fully there yet, I say KEEP GOING! It is no time to quit, rather it's time to turn up the gas.

3 weeks later
#9847 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I am 99% sure it has code 22 on it, but will make sure I pay attention to it when it is booting up. I don't have as much problem with the left loop shot as much as the right loop Red Hot shot, that one is narrow, but honestly I like a variety of shots in games- some tough and some easy and I feel this game does that well.

First things first - learn your switches. I'd suggest going into switch menu and seeing which are active. Upon bootup, you should see the first 6 switches in column 1 (column 0 is far right) for the balls in trough and one other open switch for the coin door. When you start a game, one of the ball trough switches comes off leaving 5 lit, and the shooter lane switch becomes open. If any other switches are stuck open, they should be adjusted. Stuck switches can cause a new RZ owner to develop a headache diagnosing an issue, until they learn to check and rule out switches. Probably a good time to download and print the switch matrix off Spooky's page. You can use it to locate and check individual switches.

#9854 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Thanks for taking the time to type this description out. I will give it a try. I do have a question though, will a stuck switch show up even if it's not putting a 2nd ball in the shooter lane? Getting the 2nd ball is random and happens at ball save when I'm in the middle of a game.

When something unexplained happens during game play, since you are at home, open coin door and enter switch menu, forget about your game a minute. Suppose you have 5 balls in the trough, one in the shooter lane and one stuck under a sling. The game should show: 5 in the trough, 1 in the shooter lane, 1 pressing on sling switch and 1 open coin door switch for a total of 8. What I am trying to say is that the switch matrix shows what's open or closed at any moment.

Note-with 2 ball issue, you would expect to see 5 balls in trough, 1 ball in shooter lane, the other ball in shooter lane won't register, and 1 open coin door. Maybe that won't solve your 2 ball issue since that is a known bug, but it should rule the switches out as the cause. Using the switch matrix may help track down other issues later.

1 month later
#9886 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

.... Rz would be in his spare time.
Magicchiz

IMG_0312.GIFIMG_0312.GIF
2 weeks later
#9925 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I do trust that we will get another code update to fix/polish and I hope the apron mod gets fully coded before fawzma burns out and splits from the pinball world.

When? I'm an old man, and can't wait forever for code (even if it is going to be magical). I'd like to see reverse flippers during infection and corpse stealing - both were promised features. Then I'd like to see a new Spaulding jackpot added. All kinds of other good ideas in this thread. Come on Spooky ... all game designers are revisiting past code.

1 week later
#9953 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I already have - a lot of the code tweaks over the last year are ones I came up with. Like the Super Jackpot in the mode moving around after 5 jackpots.
I like the game the way it is - my only issue is that HO1KC is broken at present and I can’t get to Hellbound.
Fawz knows about this issue, hopefully it is sorted out sooner rather than later.
Otherwise, I think the game is shit hot.
(That’s downunder talk for “cool”)

rd

I'd say as it stands, RZ is the shit (good stuff) But have Spooky start by incorporating your 7 page list. Then have them read this thread and bring back requested features and add some of the good suggestions. Then allow them to fix known bugs and add their wants. Spooky, you do that and RZ will be shit hot!

#9956 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Those 7 pages are just an outline of the rules as they are now.
rd

That starts them off half way to the finish line then

#9958 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You reckon?
You’ve completed all the current code? As in, finished Hellbound etc?
rd

Haven't started Hellbound yet, but I like a little whip cream with my pinball.

#9967 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you done it lately?
I helped out with the development and testing of it ... imo it’s a cool wizard mode.
I’m not sure how many other wizards you’ve seen, but to be honest 9/10 are pretty anticlimactic. Off the top of my head, some cool ones:
- lost in the zone is well done
- danger room and dark Phoenix on X-Men. Very different and very cool.
A lot of wizard modes :**:are just a high value multiball. I can remember several times getting to a wiz and going “is that it?” - and the gloss is gone off the game. Been there, done that, and it was stink!
Hellbound is a much more than that and well worth trying to get to.
rd

Looking forward to reaching Hell(bound) one day. Completing it sounds like something very few people will accomplish. Given the rarity of completing a wizard mode, I am surprised no manufacturer has thought to build a custom message feature for the wizard mode. It would be a good selling feature too.

Hypothetically, one buys a RZ and enters their wizard mode custom message. Ten year later rotordave is traveling the US and stops by looking for a couple of pints. Seeing you have a RZ he immediately challenges you to a game. You play great and even start Hellbound, but drain before finishing. :gif-thatswhatshesaid: Rotordave does even better by starting and completing Hellbound, he is on fire. rotordave is smiling from ear to ear, boasting about the Aussies and drooling about entering his initials on your game. Then he sees your wizard message - rotordave is a big weenie - and he burst out laughing. You swoop in and enter your initials and a good time is had by all. Fiona does some high kicks in celebration and Danni takes a moment to look up from studying for her mcats and says, "Congrats and I agree, rotordave is a big weenie". I am sure Hellbound is a great wizard mode and plan to reach and defeat it one day. and it better not have any bugs or be super lame

#9968 5 years ago

But RZ code still needs attention and owning one for 2 years allows me to say - this is ridiculous and SpookyCharlie needs to polish the game already. RZSSI is fun, challenging, humorous and pretty. It has great sounds, music and a chop ball save. RZ is a very good game as it stands. It feels unique and is a pleasure to own, but it is not shit hot (Pinside Top 20 Hot). They should assign that Kerins kid to making it perfect. It would be good if Spooky said we will have it done by .... Thanksgiving? and we will consider all items below except ??. As it stands we have a commitment by Charlie to look at it and a promise to make some fixes, leaving the waters murky.

imo the code needs 1) reverse flippers added back in 2) corpse stealing added back in 3) show # corpses collected on display during ho1kc 4) build a super cool show for reaching 1000 corpses 5) squash handful of known bugs 6) add Super Secret Ain't Clowns Fucking Funny Jackpots during ANY multiball (send ball to upper playfield, bash Spaulding once to open gate and shoot past him into hole for SSACFF Jackpot, 5M points and Spaulding callout 7) add a Spaulding multiball 8). create material for dmd screen apron mod 9) add ho1kc multiplier (use existing x targets on playfield - light both to qualify, light both again for 2x # corpses, light both again to qualify, light both again for 3x etc 10) reconsider how infection mode is implemented 11) other ideas in this thread and 12) porting code over to run on p3roc system.

If Spooky fixes #1-9, it would catch them up to the level of programming that JJP, Stern and American Pinball are already doing (and which Heighway Pinball did). A winning Pinball manufacturer needs to demonstrate best practices level of coding. If you are slammed with ACNC, then giving us a clearer picture of when/what we could expect would be appreciated, but surely by Xmas 2018, right

#9973 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I doubt he’d be boasting about any Aussies .... seeing he isn’t one ...
It’d be an impressive game if two players got to Hellbound in one game! Actually it would be good if Bowen did a Hellbound challenge on stage rather than Reactor 9. I think it’d be harder to do, on command.
TNA has a custom wizard message — don’t think the user can adjust it though.
rd

Aussies and NZ's are all the same, right?

#9978 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

To me this is critical. I don't care what they do to infection mode if it's gonna start after every fail. You fail way too many modes in RZ and infection isn't really that cool, especially to see that often. If it got reverse flippers and you still saw it after every mode fail, there's no chance I would turn it on. AT LEAST give the option to have it kick in after the second fail.

If you turned infection mode option on AND reverse flippers (still awaiting this feature) option on, it might be more challenging for you.

If you've ever collected 1k corpses, my hats are off to you sir. But with corpse stealing (still awaiting this feature) turned on you have a chance to take from others and with corpse multipliers it is becomes possible for the mortal man to reach.

If life has taught me anything .... when given a choice, go big. And more is always the right answer.

Which of these would you rather have?

IMG_2499 (resized).PNGIMG_2499 (resized).PNGIMG_2500 (resized).PNGIMG_2500 (resized).PNG
#9981 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I think reverse flippers makes sense in this game. It is great in TSPP and sucks in Houdini (seems gimmicky and out of place).

I agree reverse flippers on RZ fits it perfectly. Even if two other games do a version of this too, it doesn't mean another one can't. Especially as RZ preceded Houdini and it was the first pin since 2003 to have it. Fifteen years and reverse flippers rise from the grave !! It was an advertised feature all along and it was included in many versions of the software and you could run the feature or turn it off. Previous versions had the feature in or out depending the weather, current version it is removed. So that is what is being requested and is one of the 9 items on my wishlist above.

1 week later
#10009 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I disconnected the mods and still no difference. Measuring the 5v at the board (per Spooky technical support) was the same with or without the mods connected so I'm assuming they are small enough. Sometimes I can get it to boot with the screen credits and Rob saying, "OH YEAH!". Then the screen starts showing garbled characters. The playfield appears to be functioning normally while this is happening. I am getting a bunch of speaker hum too I should mention that wasn't there before as well. I am getting an SD card error even after trying to reformat and copy and paste the firmware back onto card. Spooky recommends getting a new SD card to try next.

Reminds me of something my machine did. After installing mods my game started resetting like crazy. Removed mods and it was still resetting. Game was acting like power fluctuations were to blame or maybe a bad CPU. Measured output voltages on the power supply at 5.4vac and 12.1vdc. Scratching my dead, totally stumped. Then I located and fixed issue and no more problems. Thanks bye.

Oh you want to know what the fix was? The 5vac had a connector crimped on its end and this gets inserted around a screw and is screwed down firmly. The crimp failed and connector was screwed down but the exiting wire was floating and had came loose. But barely loose so you couldn't see until when I touched wire and it came off. Since the connector was bad I threw it away and stripped 5vac wire and wrapped it around the screw and screwed it down firmly. Amazing what a good connection can do for you. I added all mods back (which also plug into 5vac screw) and all worked as expected and no more resets. One bad connection literally made the game unplayable and it was dumb luck that found it. So check your continuity DrMark12PA

#10011 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Where was your bad connection located? I'm trying to figure out where I could start checking continuity. I do have a replacement SD card on the way from Spooky as well

Bottom of cabinet find your mirrored power supply. Peel back warning sticker. You'll see 5vac, 5v ground, 12 VDC, 12v ground and maybe something else. I tested my 5v and 12v there. They were both clean and consistent, but the 5vac is where most mods plug into. That is your converted source of power. If you get low power on 5v there is one knob to turn. It adjusts 5v and 12v, but you want 5v to be about 5.2v.

In my case the wire coming out of 5v wasn't secure nor receiving the 5v. By stripping my wire and wrapping it around the screw, I was bypassing the connector and ensuring a good connection. If there is a way to read 5vac at your mod you'd confirm it was getting adequate power.

#10017 5 years ago

There is a reason... just send the board in and we'll update it correctly for you free of charge.... ACNC is on Proc.

Can't beat that offer, wrap it up and send it in. Board will likely be repaired and returned in a week or two.

1 month later
#10068 5 years ago

Will RZ code ever be completed? Will known bugs get squashed? Will enhancements promised by Charlie even occur? This kid was born after the game was released in 2016. What will occur first ... new code drops or the kid gets into college? Excuses have been tolerated for too long. Where’s my complete RZ code Spooky?

C4791EE8-5618-47E1-948D-3E765253A054 (resized).jpegC4791EE8-5618-47E1-948D-3E765253A054 (resized).jpeg

#10070 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

"Good things come to those who wait."

I’ve been waiting for good things. **warning - long winded post**

RZ is fun but it is maybe 92% complete. That last little bit will make a big impact. Notice I am not crying to get the final code, 1 day after the game came out, I’ve waited. Charlie has twice promised the code would be fixed and enhancements would be done, and I believe him, but he didn’t give a timeframe. If he announced a date to make this happen (say Dec 31, 2018) we could cut them slack and let them get things done. But they seem to be operating without a strategy, always running around and putting out fires, which is not efficient or sustainable. It tends to piss off the customer base which have been buying multiple Spooky titles.

I waited six months and it was a breeze. Then I waited a year with no problem. At one and a half years I cleared my throat. Two years in I began to grumble. It is now 2.5 years and I’ve reached the end of the line. We know ACNC is in the hopper, and once released, Spooky’s next game will be here. All hands on deck to get that one working and to polish ACNC. I’ve heard Jetsons is expected to get some meat added, which is great news for the owners, when it happens. Until then it is a promise. You see where this is going? Spooky has become like Stern was - release a game, allow 2-5 years to pass, while customers dream and hope the programming will be completed. Some titles were, some were not.

There is never a good time. As a general rule there should be a maximum timeframe established, say one year. If the timeframe passes, everything else should be dropped until the code done. That is purposely exaggerated because it is only the programmers that are needed for this effort with some part-time brainstorming and support from others. The other 15 employees of Spooky can stay on course doing whatever they do. Status of Spooky Games -

1) AMH - done
2) Dominos- done
——————-
3) Jetsons - not done
4) RZ - not done
5) TNA - in production, code is done but somehow continues to get better
6) ACNC - in pre-production and code is being programmed now
7) Scott’s next title - in development
8) Charlie’s next title - in development

How about it Spooky? Oct and Nov should be full bore ACNC, then dedicate the month of December to completing RZ and Jetsons. Give us a Christmas present by releasing a power pack (major code dump to polish a game off). That is three months away, my home was built and I moved in three months later. The beauty of this arrangement is that Spooky benefits just as much from completing the code. Their games are improved and their reputation for building awesome boutique games solidified.

Spooky has found excellent themes, created imaginative games, built them and shipped them - currently producing game #6, they haven proven to be a real pinball company. Some people have a short attention span when buying pinball machines. Heck, what percentage of people own a particular game 2.5 years later instead of trading it away for something else (maybe 50%??). We are at that point now with RZ, so I am venting my displeasure with how this process has dragged out and am suggesting Spooky do a reset to refocus their efforts to complete their earlier pins and move them into their archives.

btw - I hope Spooky has been setting aside one of every pinball machine they’ve produced. It would nice to house the growing collection at their factory, where staff and visitors could play them. But if space was an issue, they could create a Spooky Pinball Museum in the Chamber of Commerce building (hint, hint). City provides the air conditioned space, Spooky provides the games and maintains them. Spooky provides signage and information and the city gets to showcase a business success story.

#10073 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:A month on RZ (it doesn't need THAT much time), and worse Jetsons, whilst ACNC will still be early? You're dreaming.
They do that and they hold up the rest of the team doing audio, animations, graphics. Plus Bowen is also left to twiddle his thumbs.
It makes absolutely no sense.
It would be really nice if they had a second full time coder, but they don't, and I'm dubious that they'll get one who would work on the old PinHeck system games anyway, as it'd be a waste of time learning the old system.

I hope it can be done in a few weeks time, but if takes longer and has to be tested, I suggested a month. Maybe it is more complicated than it appears, but if it is truely minimal, why not JUST DO IT I procrastinate cleaning out my garage. But that is a chore to do in my spare time, this is business.

Yeah Spooky needs to add another programmer. Spooky (Nor Stern nor JJP) knew how involved and labor intensive coding would become, but that is the reality. Stern reacted by ratching up resources this past year. JJP has added people and have a great mix of coders, and could probably grow more staff. American Pinball is off to a strong start with near complete code on Houdini and have recently added a seasoned programmer to handle their next game. They should probably be looking to add more staff to handle lcd and another coder. Spooky is past due for another coder and probably need two.

#10075 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Because you hold up the rest of the team, and give customers of new machines a less favourable impression. You also rush yourself to 'finish' a game that deserves some time when there's a lull.
It makes no sense for either their customers or from a business standpoint.

So in the past 2.5 years there have been no lulls. Going forward when do you expect the next lull? This small company came off the blocks sprinting and has probably picked up the pace since. They need to hire one more senior and one apprentice coder imo.

Historians will note that beginning 2015, electronic technology and software operating systems had advanced far enough and they converged, seeding an explosion in the number of pinball designers & manufacturers. These emerging companies brought new theming ideas and artistic techniques.

The need for programming and graphic design talent to produce a pinball game grew exponentially. None of the manufacturers were prepared for this, which often meant games were shipped before software was 100% complete to keep the production line moving. Shipping games before code was fully baked or hardware properly tested had become the norm.

With the advent of the lcd screen and the sophistication of software interface, it became the amount of coding required and caliber of talent available that became the biggest bottleneck to building pinballs.

#10097 5 years ago

Gentlemen a solution ....

1) Spooky needs more programmers.

2) Spooky could bring someone on via a consulting basis and assign them to fix RZ code and then to beef up Jetsons. This frees up 100% of current staff to stay on ACNC.

3) Person needs to be a seasoned pinball software programmer who can take the ball and run. They’d need to know Ben Heck board language and be able to interpret existing code and reconcile with bugs list. And be versed in testing the game using high quality assurance standards.

4) Not many people fit these requirements. Oh wait, there was a guy, real good guy who designed a Pinball game. His name was .... Ben Heck.

5) Wonder if Ben would take on this assignment to help out Spooky? And whether Spooky was serious about wanting to complete current log jam on coding? Ben would get a nice gig that he could do from home in front of a game on his own schedule. Spooky pays a little bit to get done, what needs to be done. Customers get completed code. Win / Win / Win

#10124 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I can finally join the fun

Welcome aboard.

Guys... we're doing all we can to get caught up on the system switch for ACNC that put us behind and cost us several months of work.
WE WILL fix the remaining items in Rob Zombie (and our other games) as time allows. I'm hoping before years end....
Sorry... doing our best.

I like that Charlie gave us an explanation of his process, his approach and a timeframe. End of 2018, I can wait.

If Charlie brought someone on, I could see it taking a month to hire and bring them up to speed, a month for them to adjust the code and another month for testing, tweaks or unknowns. Three months from now is right before Xmas, so it is sound judgement to use internal staff in this instance. Now if Charlie thought it might be next Summer before he could get someone to start on it, then a consultant would be the better choice.

So RZ code is on the board for fixes by end of 2018. I’ll be checking back over Christmas holiday.

2 months later
#10179 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Having a hard time copy/pasting everything on the phone, but I now have all of my Rob Zombie mods for sale until Sunday night. Any purchase also includes a FREE ball stop mod if you don't have one already

Cool add, I’d say 100% of the 300 pins made need this. Guessing you’ve sold 50 ball stops???

3 weeks later
#10187 5 years ago

Guys... we're doing all we can to get caught up on the system switch for ACNC that put us behind and cost us several months of work.
WE WILL fix the remaining items in Rob Zombie (and our other games) as time allows. I'm hoping before years end.
Only so many hours in the day and so much we can work on at once. I am to blame for dumping a ton of work on Fawzma all at once. We have more help now, but still going to take time.
Sorry... doing our best.

Will there be a Christmas miracle of 2018? Last communication from Charlie was three months ago. Was hoping to have hours devoted to polishing off RZ code. What have manufacturers been doing to finish the code on games they’ve already released?

JJP has released v3.0 for TH and the game is done but for bug squashing, and it is a work of art. DI was updated past v4.6. JJPOTC looks about done, final enhancements outstanding. Great job JJP.

Stern has released updates for BM66 v1.0, AC/DC, MET, Maiden, AS, Kiss and DP with all games probably complete. Great job Stern.

American Pinball has released update to Houdini and it is complete but for potential enhancements. This game is addictive playing it feels like a classic. Great job AP.

CGC released complete MB code and recreated and colored the dots 100%. Great job CGC.

Spooky has delivered a complete TNA experience and owes RZ owners an update to fix code, squish bugs and add polish. Almost three weeks left in the year. Good job Spooky.

1 week later
#10211 5 years ago

Yippee, four days to go. I’m pulling for you Spooky. RZ is about to shine.

#10224 5 years ago

RZ link at midnight - count down to 2019? or before is good too.

#10239 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Always enjoyed mystery spot, and was looking forward to a true infection mode. Quite honestly, as an engineer, I don't understand how a board set would cause cpu controlled opposite flipper control to be a problem. And yes I was sold on a feature not being provided. Life goes on.

Previous Problems -
bugs - supposedly fixed
H1k needs to work and keep track of # collected - supposedly fixed

What do these things have in common:

infection mode
corpse stealing
reverse flippers

??? give up ???

Those were the three features that sold me on buying RZ. I liked the sound of them and Charlie said he’d get it done. But when the final product delivered deviates from the one sold to everybody, the missing items need to be discussed before sweeping them under the rug imo.

I remember Spooky’s explanation that infection concept continued to evolve, and that is fine with me because they found a better way to do things. But infection needs to work for goodness sakes. Not getting the other two items in this update has me puzzled too. Maybe there is a good reason and we just do not know it yet.

7 months later
#10354 4 years ago

Did Spooky release the notes on the last update? If memory serves they were due and then Charlie hinted another update would fix rest of the bugs. I don’t know where that stands either. Maybe Charlie can give a state of the Spooky and address some of the questions left on RZ. Can we get a secret Spaulding mode? Etc.

#10358 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Joined the club today. #166 and even though i’m second owner, i had the pleasure of unboxing it
Started a new row and is sitting next to my TNA. With ACNC coming in next it’s getting pretty Spooky in the basement.
So other than updating code, changing it to adult settings (done) and getting killed by the right outlane (lol) - are there any must-do’s for RZ? I don’t mean mods per se, more things everyone has already discovered that are important maintenance or playing wise. I haven’t had time to read through the 208 pages of this thread yet .
So far i love this game. Adult call outs crack me up. I think he swears almost as much as me. And the art and sound package is just awesome.[quoted image]

Looking good. If the game doesn’t already have the shooter lane ball stopper mod, you’ll want to order ASAP. It keeps the ball in the shooter lane and prevents it falling inside the cabinet. It’s the best $5 you’ll spend.

Congrats on the new addition. Is TNA backbox really that much lower than RZ? Looks like top of beacon on TNA is even with height of backbox on RZ.

1 year later
#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You forgot TnA.

I’d put R&M at #1 for now and add TNA as #2.

One of the best features of RZ is infection mode that kicks in whenever you don’t complete a mode in time. It must be turned on in the menu first. Playfield insert lights turn red and flippers are reversed. The second best function are completing the chop inlanes for a ball save.

2 months later
#10720 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Anyone else install the new update? Any issues? Anything cool in there?

Have played v26 a good bit now and have seen bug fixes, lighting adjustments and polish, but haven’t heard new callouts. Infection mode works fine once activated in menu. The game is shooting great and code doesn’t feel any different although I think the cleanup of some rules made intuitive sense. Good way to close out the code, Team Spooky.

#10723 3 years ago

RZ music and callouts by 3 members are top notch. My dream of having a SMFCSJ - Secret Mother Fu@king Captain Spalding Jackpot shot available during any multiball by bashing the gate and dropping ball into hole or as a super jackpot shot for what? (first one works but if you hit ramp and make the shot a second time - no) is crushed. It would have made good sense and been approved by Captain Spalding. There are many good aftermarket mods that can be purchased to enhance enjoyment of the game. This was a really solid freshman design by Charlie.

RZ has many rules which make it worth playing / owning. 1) Lighting chop lanes to save your ball is a great way to give the player control of his own destiny to keep a ball in play by lighting 3 letters and controlling the forth. Once started, all drains are recovered - left side, right side OR center drain. (love this feature). 2) Also enjoyable to hit the grave marker targets one time short of starting. Then one hit will add a ball into play (simple and safe). 3) main and minor modes are fun to shoot and feel unique. 4) apron lcd mods provides a little bit more info than not having it installed. It shows how many corpses are collected during H1KC, lights individual letters collected in Dragula or Beast and counts center ramp shots in AW. It also defines mode rules. 5) game has infection mode that triggers whenever you timeout a mode. While I wish the reverse flippers option was added back to infection mode, I understand Spooky doesn’t and that is cool).

#10725 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and the sound is the worst I’ve heard from any pinball machine. It’s super scratchy and pops. I’ve tried swapping out cables and put another source to the amp/ speakers and it’s still super scratchy. I think I might have a bad amp. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Yes and try new amp with new cords for < $100.

#10727 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I tried another cord in the amp and got the same issue, that’s why I was thinking it’s the amp.

The cord is wonky, you should bend to have it coming straight out of the amp and reducing stress. The amp’s are cheap and prone to fail. Some last awhile, others fail sooner, but it will fix your issue Shirley.

#10730 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

While I’m on here tonight, I might as well ask - Has anyone legitimately made it to Hellbound? I absolutely love the pin and am the first to defend it, but it is sure brutal. I’m a decent player and I haven’t come close to completely all the modes to get to Hellbound. So, I’m curious of anyone actually has done it?

I’ve gotten it lit once, but then drained while looking. On a really good game I can complete 4-6 modes, but I play on 5 balls.

#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When all 4 inlanes are completed (c h o p) a ball saver kicks in for 10 seconds or so.
So the technique is to light 3 of them, and when the ball is firing towards the outlanes at warp speed, have it roll over the unlit letter so you get the ball back.
Easier said than done sometimes!
TNA and ACNC work the same.
rd

Is it a ball save on ACNC or only a center drain save?

#10743 3 years ago

Try hitting the red escape button a few times until you escape the volume screen. If screen still black hit the green button once to restart menu screen. The two middle buttons cycle up or down. It sounds like a video cable came loose maybe check that too.

1 month later
#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

They made 50 LEs when this game was produced. It just has a different backglass and laser cut side rails.
Playfield and gameplay is exactly the same on both the LE and standard.

Powder coating was different too. Brown/Pewter on LE and Silver on standard.

2 weeks later
#10780 3 years ago

You’ve been on a heck of a ride with the RZ game. Can’t imagine not having your mods installed, as I feel their integration with theme really made the game great.

1 year later
#10957 2 years ago

all those are mandatory plus the shooter lane backstop mod (keeps your balls in play and out of the cabinet). Medisinyl needs his name added to the playfield for outstanding contributions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 20.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.