Topic Stats

• 10,314 posts
  • 593 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,153 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

811E98F8-B9A2-46FD-9E09-06568C8D64BB (resized).jpeg
B0ED5B2E-9176-45E4-A7D4-8410C5ABFCE7 (resized).png
8FACB692-4BDA-4EE6-8224-0EADE1324030 (resized).png
434E19BF-895D-4804-B669-4AEEBB44D076 (resized).png
3E6152DF-E4EF-47CB-B596-0B1CF466238E (resized).png
E97D5028-A870-46F9-B02E-24BCADD0D610 (resized).jpeg
20181231_2 (resized).jpg
20181231_1jpg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181108_1806597 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181108_1807266 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181108_1806543 (resized).jpg
RZmod (resized).png
spookyrz (resized).jpg
IMG_9080 (resized).jpg
20180329_205524 (resized).jpg
4608711F-0E78-4493-BBF2-EAEFA5325FE6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (2 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by GhostThruster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1297 3 years ago

Maybe one day we can get over feeling special for having something like a pinball machine that other people aren't able to obtain.

While I'm sure they want to move onto the next great idea, 300 is a really low number. Even if only 2/3 of the people who jumped are serious, and 1/2 the people on the waitlist are serious, they need to run at least 600 to come close to demand.

However, like AMH, first I play the game, then I decide if I like it, then I decide if I want to buy it. If they want to switch up that order in any way, they lost a customer. If they only want to make limited bunches, they could be fine with that.

I decided I was interested in AMH after I played it, and by then it was too late. I'll get over it, and they seem happy to limit their production, so I'm personally not sure if I'll ever own a pinball they make.

Which is a shame, if RZ is as good as AMH, I'd want one.

It's odd, to almost have to beg someone to take $6,000.

That's how I feel about it. Not judging them, if it works for them, they are doing what they need to do, and so am I.

I've got the means to buy RZ, I'd like to play and decide, it just seems like that should translate to a sale, but I have a feeling it won't in this case.

Quoted from benheck:

Plus RZ isn't a hard limit of 300 like AMH was.

Quoted from Aurich:

But I can see some bitching from some, so I'd probably clarify that as the policy before it's built, just to avoid any pissed of people.

#1306 3 years ago

Why? Why in any way do you care how many games they make? Assuming they make a set number of LE's, how is it any of our business if they make 300 or 3,000 non LE games? Why do we feel like we have the right to dictate that?

Quoted from jlm33:

Once / if I pay a $1000 deposit I expect a clear policy. Which can basically be anything from:
-"we will stick to 300"
-"we will make 400 or 500""
- "We will produce as many games as we can in 24 months - or 36..."

#1310 3 years ago

Same question, why? Why does the number of non LE games influence their purchasing decision? Why do people need to know if production is capped before they pay, and why is it unfair to make more?

It's back to this notion that we have to feel special for owning a hard to get pinball game, it's so lame.

It's okay if people want to know the run is continuous so they can wait and play before they buy, but that's not the discussion. The discussion is people having their feelings hurt because their non LE pinball machine went to the line for another run. I can't figure out a single reason people would have a problem with that, except that they want to own something others can't have.

Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think that's what people are saying. They just want to simply know if it's 300 and that's IT....or 300 and maybe more can be made.

1 month later
#1557 3 years ago

Hopefully it has something to do with Capt. Spaulding's amazing carnival ride. Disney has nothing on that guy.

Quoted from benheck:

I'm curious to see how people react to one feature of the game which somehow hasn't slipped out, considering how many know about it.

#1650 3 years ago

I don't love them, hopefully RZ brings one that's thoughtful, interesting, unique and fun.

Quoted from herg:

In general, I'm not a fan of video modes, either.

#1693 3 years ago

Until, like lots of video modes, you learn the pattern and can beat it every time.

Quoted from Gort:

I always liked the CFTBL video mode, knocking out the the peeping tom.

#1751 3 years ago

This is really exciting. The best part about this project, these guys are willing to develop a theme nobody else would touch. And, they are willing to make it in such a way that nobody else is willing to make it.

I hope this game is nasty, vulgar, bloody, offensive and rockin'.

#1786 3 years ago

No matter how good or how bad the game is, Pinside will rip it a new one, it's what this place does. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me.

#2144 3 years ago

I dunno. If you want a game with tons of shit on it breaking the flow of the game you always have TZ.

At the end of the day, the code is just as important as the layout. LOTR has the most generic layout imaginable and the dumbest upper play filed I've ever seen, but the game is epic because of the code.

The art on RZ is crazy (in the best of ways), nothing like it out there. The layout, not much like it out there (in the best of ways). If this game has the code to match, it could be epic.

Also, please tell me "tutti fucking frutti" is an audio call for something.

#2407 3 years ago

It's hilarious that people think they know what features are missing or lacking from a game they haven't played or even seen in person.

As far as the play field art goes, it's exactly what this game needs. This game is so different than the safe cookie cutter games and themes Stern has been putting out, I think that's a big part of what's freaking everyone out. It's hard for people to wrap their head around different. This doesn't match that, or this should blend into that, who gives a shit?

I love it.

#2440 3 years ago

It's called speed. If you want your ball clunking into something every three inches go buy a TZ or a TSPP. Those are great games, but for other reasons. You can't have speed and flow if your ball is constantly being stopped by crap on the play field.

Quoted from kaneda:

you're smoking the Spooky Pipe if you think that a half barren playfield is better than those Stern's you've mentioned.

#2472 3 years ago

Please don't. Really, it's just a very few loud people. You guys have a vision, I hope you guys execute it exactly how you guys see it.

Quoted from benheck:

I believe we could tweak their saturation to blend into the background better.

#2496 3 years ago

Or maybe everything is great and making the changes you suggest will have a negative impact. Between the Spooky guys who have money on the line, or random internet stranger, I'll defer to the experts and say all of this armchair game designing is silly.

I don't think I've seen 1 pair of side panel art that wasn't cheesy, or dumb, or flat out didn't fit in with the theme well. We don't need that crap.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wouldn't you want to know it was the best it could be? Maybe adding side panel art and redoing inserts and plastics would make enough difference.

#2504 3 years ago

Any more than anyone else? No. He has his opinions, just like we all do.

Ask 100 people of any profession, and assuming competence exists, your bound to get 50 different answers.

To say we deserve inside wall art, and that'll make it okay is a head scratcher.

Quoted from kaneda:

So the only pro designer weighed in and said, "meh". Any credibility in that?

#2536 3 years ago

It's very possible LE owners will be able to buy a standard translate, but not vise versa. We won't know for sure until it's confirmed, but with other companies that has been true.

Quoted from MikeHogue:

Any LE buyers want to switch backglasses to a standard? Contact me.

#2702 3 years ago

Not really, could be $20K CAN any day now.

Quoted from jwilson:

I sell the game for $20K by next Christmas.

#2710 3 years ago

It was a joke... about the ever increasing cost for our northern friends who want to buy from the US.

Quoted from jwilson:

I don't know how, since Spooky isn't allowing people to move their reservations.

#2727 3 years ago

I think that was a joke. Nobody actually expected it to be "10k by Christmas."

Quoted from goatdan:

Then, the game came out and wasn't up to expectations early on. Never made the $10k promise.

#3070 3 years ago

Actually it has. The majority of people on the list are buying the game. If 300 people don't think it's an issue, then it's not an issue. If most people, or even a lot of people thought the art was that bad, most people, or a lot of people would be giving up their spot. 66%+ on a no obligation list are putting their money up. The art isn't bad, and it's not a problem.

Quoted from zeddex:

No 'majority' of any consensus has been established....

#3129 3 years ago

So, in your opinion the art is bad, therefore it's fact that everyone buying the game doesn't care about art? All the pinball guys I know care about art, how import it is to each of them varies. I don't know a single one that doesn't care about art at all, and I don't know anyone that would pay $6K+ for a game if the art was as bad as you are implying, or a few people here are saying.

Quoted from jwilson:

Just because people are buying it doesn't mean the art isn't bad. It just means those people don't care about the art.

#3252 3 years ago

I wouldn't buy that, but I'm down for an atheist atrocities pin.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I truly hope bible adventures becomes a reality. I would definitely buy.

#3307 3 years ago

Okay. I Googled "Jack Danger Pinball," and besides being some guy into pinball there isn't any more information as to why it's a big event for him to play the pin.

Not knocking anyone, just curious who this guy is? Never heard of him.

1 week later
#3427 3 years ago

It's a feature, not a bug . If I want the same old game with a little different layout and new art I can buy 3 Sterns a year. Even JJP, very similar gameplay and predictable art, but with more toys.

We need more companies pushing the limits of the rules, theme, art etc.

JJP might have the most toys, Stern might be the most consistent, but you don't play the toys and we've had consistent for a long time.

I'm ready for something different. So far on paper this game is amazing. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a blast, they wouldn't let it out the door if it wasn't.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The fact that this game is being programmed by someone new to pinball didn't deter me in the least when announced

#3430 3 years ago

That's excellent. When modes start stacking, you end up like TZ or TSPP where you can't or it's not beneficial to play any of them well, you just try and start them to get to wizard mode or something else. Each mode should have it's own look and feel, and have you utilizing the playfield in a creative way.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Main modes will never stack though.

#3479 3 years ago

I don't love the idea of having to hit inlane switches to complete a mode. I think it would be more frustrating than fun.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

much better compromise. I've noted this as a feature request. I'll add after I'm done bug hunting.

#3481 3 years ago

Do you have to hit every switch, or just so many? It'd be fine if it was lit if you didn't have to hit every switch. I just don't want to be aiming for an inlane to finish a mode or make it required. Hitting them takes a level of skill most people don't have, and the other way to hit it is luck, lots of people don't have the skill to nudge that well.

Quoted from robertmee:

Unless each inlane is fed by an easily obtainable ramp return....even if only one is, then that coupled with whysnow suggestion would be a good compromise.

#3650 3 years ago

Even if it did look better which is debatable, people would just bitch about what they used on the back glass now that the back glass is being used on the play field.

Quoted from Pimp77:

I probably would have stayed in if the pf art went that direction. Looks pretty good.

#3652 3 years ago

A pinball that was designed via the thumbs up / thumbs down on pinside would be the worst pinball you could ever imagine.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

26 upvotes (no down). too bad spooky is so dead set on keeping it as it is.

#3662 3 years ago

Complaints and negativity are typically 10+ times louder than people who are happy with something.

Quoted from Baiter:

The playfield art is the only common complaint on this game.

1 week later
#3828 3 years ago

Can't watch live, how long before it's on YouTube?

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tune into http://Twitch.tv/dead_flip tomorrow (Friday 15th) around 5PM CST

#3886 3 years ago

Since it seems like the ball shoots up to the mini play field every time you start a mode, why not have it do something? It's pretty anti-climatic to shoot it up to the mini, just to have it drain off after you select a mode that's not applicable.

It shouldn't be easy, but what about playing a short game that if beaten will double the scoring on that mode? Maybe 10 shots to the chicken gate? On the 10th shot it opens, double scoring, and the mode begins?

It's never fun to purposely let the ball drain.

#3904 3 years ago

Even not in a tournament, it's a lot better to balance the scoring out. It detracts from the fun if you have to play house of a thousand courses to win, when you have so much else going on and other things you'd rather shoot for but don't want to loose the game.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

As for 1000 corpse, that mode could easily be turned off during tournament.

#3985 3 years ago

Out of 300 games, I'm thinking there are less than 5 people that actually use/need/want this:

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can change adult setting to be
family voice/family vid
adult voice/family vid
family voice/ adult vid
adult voice/ adult vid

In terms of the mini playfield, I think it should do something if the ball pops up there. Trying to explain to new pinball people that they should let it drain, or watching them hit the ball over and over at nothing are both bad options. I can't think of another game that launches the ball to a dead mini playfield where nothing scores. You could disable the flipper, but then non pinball people will think the game is broken. If the ball is going to the mini, it should do something.

#3992 3 years ago

I wasn't referring to the need for a family mode. A family mode is a must. However, 99% of all pinball machines I see don't have headphone jacks. Realistically, how many people have this game, and have a headphone jack, and want to hear adult audio with family DMD dots?

There are better uses of the coders time.

Quoted from Baiter:

Then you would likely be surprised at the number of owners who have kids, or will have kids visit at some point. Metallica has settings for both "Adult Content" and "Insult Level" even though there are no adult DMD animations, and GNR has a "Modesty Setting" for just the match animation.

#4049 3 years ago

I doubt this is true. If it is, a mistake was made. I know someone who didn't get one and inquired in July.

Quoted from PinballKen:

A pinside guy was WAY late (Sept. or Oct.)getting on the list as he somehow missed the announcement and also was able to get one.

1 week later
#4171 3 years ago

I don't think we've even seen the LE trim yet, have we? The art is the same, right?

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Who'd like to see the LE and standard translights(providing Spooky offers them) made in 3D, like the MM translights that were just released?

1 week later
#4199 3 years ago

Since production is so close, any ETA on when we will see the final touches for the LE games?

#4215 3 years ago

Technically they can, but it's rare.

Quoted from Whysnow:

do coin cells ever leak?

2 weeks later
#4267 3 years ago

Did I miss the reveal of the LE trim? I was under the impression the LE's were the first games to be built, they must have all those details nailed down by now.

3 weeks later
#4418 3 years ago

That would work if there was a switch to detect the ball draining at the flippers...

Quoted from parabol420:

I was thinking something similar to Indiana jones, where if a ball falls into the trough, but not a single outlane switch was activated, the game recognizes it was an air ball and kicks out a ball save for the user.

#4432 3 years ago

Make the add a ball harder to get, or make it worth less somehow.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

4 - not sure what can change without going against the original design

1 month later
#4619 3 years ago

While I'm not sure, I read it that the toys are the same, the mod just lights them up, so there would be no "extra set." I could be wrong though.

Quoted from Mitch:

If the upgrade now is 200 and you get the original toys to thats great, if you dont get the original then the 240 later is a better price as you get to keep the originals.

3 weeks later
#4840 3 years ago

The iMac has had and SD reader since 2009. The MacBook has had one at least the last 7 years. That's probably 90% of the mac computers out there.

I know the mac mini currently has one, not sure when it was introduced. I think the only mac system without one is the mac pro which is not geared toward homeowners.

Quoted from Russell:

Macs don't come with SD card readers.

#4854 3 years ago

That's how Stern does it, backglass for LE, translite for pro/premium. That's probably where he got the info.

Quoted from emkay:

Not sure where you got conflicting info.

#4873 3 years ago

That's a pretty good compromise to keep the LE's special but also let standard owners in on the art if they want it.

Quoted from bridgeman:

"The LE's will have a printed backglass, different armor & powdercoat, and numbered plaques. Translites may be available at a later date pending approvals. WE WILL NOT sell LE backglasses or armor."

#4882 3 years ago

So, standard owners can purchase the LE translite, but not the backglass. Can LE owners purchase the standard backglass and / or transliste? I don't see why not as it's not limited, but you never know.

#4932 3 years ago

Anybody know how many games have shipped so far and how the run in general is going? I think the last confirmed shipment on this thread is #8.

1 week later
#5035 3 years ago

Has anyone posted any pics of the inside?

IMG_1055_(resized).JPG

IMG_1056_(resized).JPG

IMG_1057_(resized).JPG

IMG_1058_(resized).JPG

IMG_1059_(resized).JPG

IMG_1060_(resized).JPG

IMG_1061_(resized).JPG

IMG_1062_(resized).JPG

IMG_1063_(resized).JPG

IMG_1064_(resized).JPG

IMG_1065_(resized).JPG

#5038 3 years ago

Yah, it's a bad socket. I was working on that when I took the pics.

It's snapped back into place.

Quoted from bigd1979:

You have a bulb socket out by the one pop bumper....

#5043 3 years ago

I have about 30 games on this, and there is a lot to be excited about. I'm not going to give a full review, I haven't played enough, but here are some of my initial impressions, however I'm not a fanboy of anything:

-I love Rob Zombie's movies, I do not like his music. I was worried about this, but his music is excellent to play pinball to. This isn't like AC/DC, with AC/DC the music was first and foremost. In this game, sure you have his music, but you have very excellent funny callouts that make this game hilarious. Though, one missed opportunity, I haven't heard a single, "tooty fucking fruity."

-We can debate art all day, and while I respect everyone's opinion, the art is awesome. The play field is awesome, it looks great. The side art is cool, the backless is cool.

-A lot of modes are really good, I think a couple could use work. For example, there is one mode where you have to hit certain shots without hitting slings and pops. This game is loaded with slings and pops, cringing because you might have to have to hit the reactivate shot as the ball is throw around the play field is fun as hell. On the other side of the spectrum, we only have 6 modes, we don't need two that just hit the ramp over and over. Also, there is another mode in which you have to hit every switch on the play field, it feels like this mode lasts forever. Progress is saved to restart when you drain, but it's a bit tedious. Maybe, you can end the mode by hitting the VUK and you get either awarded or penalized by how far you get?

-This game has a bunch of other intangibles, the just one more game feeling is strong on this one. It plays great.

Would buy again, for sure.

#5057 3 years ago

Small gaps between pop and sling switches. Adjust the VUK coil power to the upper playfield as need to get it to hit the little flipper. Take it out of family mode obviously. You can turn up the brightness on the display, it didn't help much but I did it anyway. I would check the connections in the backbox and make sure nothing came loose during shipping. The game will come with a sheet of mylar, I didn't apply any to the main playfield, but I cut a piece and added it to the shooter lane where the balls kick out. The other thing you can do, cut a piece of mylar for under the lock down bar on the sides where it comes into contact of the rails, the rubbing can make that looks bad over time.

Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

#12 arrives today, any tips on set up to feel the full RZ love?

#5062 3 years ago

Where do we go to get the update?

#5093 3 years ago

I have about 30 games in, I've hit all three shots three or four times. Non pinball people hit it a couple times. Really guys, it's not that hard.

#5117 3 years ago

Is there an option to turn off those fake dots to make the display look like a DMD? If there isn't, there should be.

#5123 3 years ago

Also, I stand corrected. "Tutti fucking fruity" is in fact in the game

1 week later
#5195 3 years ago

You can't play this game without the sound. This game has the best and most hilarious audio of any pin by far.

1 week later
#5336 2 years ago

So, the update is out?

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Yeah, for the person who gets it in a 4 player game

#5369 2 years ago

If the game is leveled properly, this shouldn't happen.

Quoted from gweempose:

the ball kept getting stuck behind the drop target. You could nudge it free, but this often resulted in a SDTM drain.

This takes a lot tweaking, but can be fairly consistent after.

Quoted from gweempose:

The other issue was that when the ball was delivered to the upper playfield, it would often bounce in a way that didn't even give me a chance to flip at it. I'm hoping this can be tweaked somehow.

1 week later
#5455 2 years ago

Nobody should sell or review this game until they release 8.0 fixing the wonky switch detection. There is some code to reject switch hits due to vibration etc, but it's tuned extremely conservatively. I've been playing the beta with the switch detection logic turned way down or not in there at all and it's an entirely new game.

The whole shtick of the game is exciting and crazy sling and pop action. This doesn't work when every third or forth hit to a pop or sling is a dead bounce.

If everything goes well, 8.0 will make this game come alive.

Also, this game isn't worth $13,000. It's not worth $11,000. Would someone pay $9,000? I doubt it.

#5476 2 years ago

Baby steps I guess. I've been running "full bore" with nothing but fun and excitement. But, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want even one person installing the update and then having all their switches freak out.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The reaction will be quicker now, but not full bore.

#5498 2 years ago

I see this as a break fix issue. There is code in the game that is affecting it negatively and should be fixed. It's still the very early in the run, I'd like to see this fixed once and for all. Even if it means a few tech support calls. Once 200+ games are out there it's going to be a lot harder.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If I get too many complaints about the change, I'll make an original, slow, fast setting

#5509 2 years ago

I'm going to say no. Unless you want to beta test, whatever version is current on the Spooking Pinball page is the current stable version. Version 7 right now still.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is it safe to install the rev8 code now?

#5545 2 years ago

How many plays do you have on this game? It would take a top tier player to be able to manipulate the CHOP saves at will like you are describing.

Quoted from ATLpb:

I feel the way I do because a good player is nearly always going to have 3 letters lit, and save the fourth for a ball going down the outlane. Essentially nullifying the danger of the outlane.

1 week later
#5640 2 years ago

Don't forget to set the switch speed to fast in the game menus on version 8. It's not set by default, it greatly improves gameplay.

2 weeks later
#5788 2 years ago

My game does not sounds like this.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this how it sounds on everyone's games?

#5808 2 years ago

If it is, I'd guess it has something to do with the game being licensed.

Quoted from herg:

Is that true?

1 week later
#5872 2 years ago

Don't use longer screws. Break a toothpick or a bamboo skewer off in the hole and the screw should catch fine.

#5877 2 years ago

They aren't. Let's not overthink this. Wood strips, a little extra wood will help it catch.

Happens all the time in pinball.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I disagee. Use a longer and standard ramp screw. The ones they are currently using are too short

1 week later
#5929 2 years ago

A poorly maintained route game and a stripped screw are not indications of poor quality control.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Between these issues and things I've read here, like ramp flap screws stripping and popping loose

#5995 2 years ago

The machine is far from crappy. It needs some serious score/rule balancing but that will come.

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I think a bunch are being sold due to it being a kinda crappy machine. Quality

#6024 2 years ago

The hard part is that first flip. What isn't that hard though so and adjustment is something I'd try.

Quoted from herg:

I've never completed What! either, and I'd say more than 50% of the time, I don't even get a flipper on the ball. I'm thinking that adjustments to the VUK might help.

#6051 2 years ago

This is an okay thing to do as long as common sense is used.

Quoted from herg:

but I'm not sure how to track that down other than going into switch test and banging on the playfield.

#6071 2 years ago

NM

#6084 2 years ago

$100. Pinball life. Haven't installed it yet.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I should have mine within a month pretty excited about it! How much is the shaker do we need to contact Spooky to get one? Is it integrated well?

1 week later
#6244 2 years ago

The game came with the nice and safe metal petectors. You can take those red ones off.

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

The protectors did not come with the game and i have not herd of them doing that. I had the same type on a amh with no issues.

#6251 2 years ago

Also, for other games, that style of plastic leg "protector" tends to do as much damage as not having protectors at all.

Either buy the metal ones like the one that shipped with RZ or use the felt style protector. Metal is the best because there is no contact at all by the legs to the art.

3 weeks later
#6393 2 years ago

Maybe someone can help me with the Gein cards. I get how to collect them, then what? They seem to be under utilized, not really worth much. Is there something that I'm missing? Do they fit into the game somewhere I'm not aware of?

#6397 2 years ago

It just doesn't seem like it's enough points to be significant, I would love to see it tie into other aspects of the game. It would also be cool to see an extra layer of depth. For example, completing modes has an effect on the add a ball multiball. I'm not saying that's the answer, but giving the player more of an incentive to play the modes before starting the add a ball multiball would balance things out a bit.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

collect them all to complete "murder ride". Collectin cards goes towards your card collector champ score.
I have plans to use them in multiplayer, and will incorporate into what! mode at some point.

#6402 2 years ago

There is an amazing game here, I'm sure of it. Just a few out of the box ideas and this game is very capable of going to the next level.

Quoted from ATLpb:

Agreed. I think Fawzma knew this already- but I'll pile on and reiterate it as well.

#6404 2 years ago

Great!

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It will get there! I have a ton of notes on things to add.

#6423 2 years ago

The programmer is aware, we've got some good stuff coming.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

But in general It seems modes arent really worth that much. My biggest game by far is with the big multi ball. So aside from going for add a ball. And multi ball there after. Im kind of lost on what to do. The cards seem pointless. Even hitting the orbits sometimes seems pointless. I really feel something more needs to be added to the orbits and the Middle ramp.

1 week later
#6488 2 years ago

My take on the shaker is that since it's officially supported, I'd be missing something if I didn't have it.

However, I haven't had time to play recently let alone install the thing.

#6512 2 years ago

That add-a-ball multiball is a problem, but it's going to get fixed. It throws the scoring and the flow of game progression off big time.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was getting frustrated last night while playing cause I kept starting that damn add a ball when I was trying to complete other things. Haha. Hopefully there's more to that multiball that I'm missing.

#6529 2 years ago

That add-a-ball multiball is just too easy to go back to. After the first mutiball it should be much harder to start it again, and even harder the 3rd time. It should be something worth shooting for, but then it should fade into the background making restarting it a secondary or distant objective.

#6534 2 years ago

I love that right orbit shot, it's hard as hell. I can't think of more than 1 or 2 reasons per game to shoot it. So much potential there.

Quoted from ATLpb:

The right side of the pf needs more attention

1 week later
#6609 2 years ago

Less pitch makes it more "wild." This game is all about slings and side-to-side action, too much pitch negates some of that.

Quoted from rotordave:

I set it up at 7 degrees for a wild ride.

2 weeks later
#6686 2 years ago

not sure where the low score of the day came from, but it should default to off.

Only game that I know that had this "feature" was road show, and it doesn't work well at all.

#6705 2 years ago

A shaker motor has nothing to do with some rattling people are experiencing.

A shaker motor provides physical tactile feedback that comes at specific times to enhance the gameplay.

Programmed correctly, shaker motors can greatly enhance gameplay.

How much a game "shakes" without a shaker motor has nothing to do with how well a shaker motor is implemented on a game.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Reading back it seems the game shakes enough on its own so I'm leaning towards skipping both.

1 week later
#6769 2 years ago

That is good info for Dave to have.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

They definitely still happen. No bob in the one I play and it phantom warns you all the time.

1 week later
#6875 2 years ago

Played some games last night, the modes still aren't showing that they've been completed on the DMD after you complete them on version 15.

2 weeks later
#7002 2 years ago

This feature sounds really cool.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The mode will change up a bit where flippers will get weaker if you don't hit those targets after a certain amount of time. Eventually you will drain.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskegon, MI
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
York, PENNSYLVANIA
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside