image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to this!

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah. The Old Testament is a real hoot. Abraham Go Kill Your Kid For Me Multiball. Total party.

...or a tower of babel mode where important instructions are shouted at you in other languages.

#491 8 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Anyone want to come to my Brand new sectional un-boxing party!? nope

I don't know, man. When I get that feeling, I need sectional healing.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

But forget about it, what a shitty site has this become with all those childish haters. You cant even have a simple normal convo.
Cause anything that moves is seen as hate or moaning and gets attacked with inmature comments by people that do nothing else but moan and attack other members.

Put them (the shitty, childish, immature, haters,etc..)on ignore, man. Simple and it will probably lower your blood pressure.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Nothing but a theme is annouced and you want me to email and say im interested in spending $6000 for a game?

How much did that e-mail run you? Mine was free, and I can even refuse to send money later. I don't know maybe I am too liberal with my correspondence.

#619 8 years ago

Man, you guys have the respect of the community and you are doing great. Keep at what you are comfortable with and you will continue to do great things. Selling your soul doesn't seem to be what you are after and I really respect that. Keep kicking ass.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Someday we'll just make and sell games. Seems simple, but soooo hard to accomplish.

Now this quote sounds really familiar... Lol.. Just kidding

#731 8 years ago

Man, where's Jared? What's that word he likes so much?...

Quoted from Jetzxi:

From Spooky's Facebook post today.............
"This just happened. Sid Haig....The man, the myth, the pinball voice actor! "

FB_IMG_1435340978080.jpg

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LIONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

There it is!

1 month later
#963 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

EXCLUSIVE LOOK!
The display we're using for RZSI:
IMG_20150803_204205894.jpg

That will look freaking sweet if you can type on the display "7734" and play upside down. That would be so middle school awesome!

2 months later
#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is anyone else nervous about the list??? I sent an email and got a simple response that I was added, but I would feel better if there was something more formal??

Vote with your dollar when the art/gameplay is revealed. That should solidify your spot.

2 months later
#2030 8 years ago

Super bummed that I didn't get the e-mail. I was in on June 19th. I must have been somewhere above the three hundred mark

#2355 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Has anyone from Europe ordered AMH or this? And is anyone going to give me the courtesy to answer my fucking questions? I feel like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. No-one can fucking see me
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.
hello
I'm fucking here.
hello.
I'm fucking here.

I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to watch you do that. You should do those things behind closed doors with the lights off...or maybe dimly lit.
But hey, at least you're having a good time.

#2449 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I see things are back to normal around pinside...

...Where a couple of loudmouths have to beat everyone over the head with their opinions. Say what you feel and move on. After that take the petty bickering to PM, please.

Let Spooky have their moment. I really hope that they don't give two shits about the petulant whining. I know I wouldn't lose sleep over the loud minority. They will grow with each pin that they make and only get better.

#2465 8 years ago
Quoted from DarkTruth:

I reserved a spot on 6-24
I got an email.

Mine must have bounced back or something??

#2763 8 years ago

Just heard back from KT. I am on the list. Decision time now! Thanks for the PM Charlie!

#2828 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So if I come in here and lick Spooky's boot, that would be considered constructive?
I just don't think this game looks like it's worth $6k.

I'm not sure that you have made your point yet. Could you explain it one more time?

#2967 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Dude, the game won't be made until probably a year. You can't scrape up $6K by then?

I'm building a house this summer and would prefer a little time, personally. I'm dragging my heels a little but I'm still leaning toward pulling that trigger. How cool would RZSI, Met, BSD, and Centaur be right next to each other? \m/

#3054 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Going to guess 57.

Nah, more like 56

#3076 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Aurich, you're a great guy. I know we've had our differences. But I went up at Expo just to say hi because I absolutely respect you as a person and a designer. And you have to be stoked about designing a pinball machine. That's a dream come true. So it's with 100% love that I say this: stop offering design help to the competition. Design feedback is fine. Everything you said in this thread was fine UNTIL you offered Charlie to help fix his playfield art problems.
You work for the competition. Plain and simple. You were up on stage with Andrew and Heighway...That is your team. That should be your family man. I get it, you love pinball and want to chime in. And believe me, you should. But when you offer to help "fix" it for someone, that is 1000000% wrong. Stay true to the guy who's cutting you checks and know where that line is. You normally do. But this time it just feels like you're saying stuff to make yourself look better, but in reality, you're just acting like a fanboy with no loyalty at all. And look, the most admirable quality in a man is trust. And if I were Andrew, I would be like, "What the fuck are you doing offering to help design Charlie's game?" Andrew is the nicest guy and may be letting this slide, but you have great potential to be an asset long term in pinball making, but when you sign on with a team, act like a pro and show them some respect. Enough of this "love of pinball" bullshit people. These are companies competing for dollars. Real money to survive and grow.
Still love you Aurich and I know you'll agree on some level.

Quoted from kaneda:

I say this with full respect. It saddens me to see Aurich drop out. This is one of his dream themes. I wish Charlie would have asked him to help art direct Alex's PF efforts. Aurich just couldn't enjoy a pin with a playfield like that.

Dude what is your hangup with Aurich? The constant troll crap is just mind boggling.

#3092 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Any idea when we'll find out our build numbers?

I'm guessing when all three hundred are committed and paid. I'm pretty sure that your number is based upon where you were in the request order.

#3154 8 years ago

250 here.

Would have been 156 but needed a later spot. Thank you KT and Spooky team. I'm really psyched!

#3180 8 years ago

Some have thrown around why they have been in or out on this and here is my version:

It was about my 7th grade year in school. I was listening to a ton of Metallica, Guns and Roses, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, etc.. One of my other black T-Shirt wearing, long haired buddies said "Hey, you need to check this out" and handed me a cassette tape LA Sexorcisto. It came at just the right time. This was one of few albums that I sat down and listened to straight through and played it again.

I was pissed off at everything, awkward, into metal and horror, interested in girls, video games, pretty much anything your parents don't want you looking at, thinking about, or listening to.

I love Rob's stuff Hellbilly and earlier. The music, theme, and gameplay look to be a freaking blast. RZSI looks like a teenage boy's dream pin. What's more Pinball than that?

\m/ -Hougie

#3236 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Zomg this thread is quite now lol

Quite quiet for sure. We need more gameplay vids that I can drool over.

1 week later
#3374 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Did you just stop reading my reply after the first sentence?

Post first sentence is when I try to introduce new pinball purchases and the like to my wife. Works like a charm. I seriously think anything pinball related is like Charlie Brown adult-speak to her.

#3495 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Just had a taste of spaulding"s chicken.

20160102_115054_(resized).jpg

I'm not really a big toy or mod guy, but damn that looks amazing. The toys look to be top notch on RZ.

#3740 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

Here's some good reading. Be sure to read for information!

http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/

#3782 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Fawz.
Just throwing it out there and maybe you already have this covered, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Any chance of a secret mode "hurry up" multi ball? Kinda like Get Away "secret mania" when you spot 3 cars at the donut shop (sometimes there's one car, two or four, which disable the mode)and have to press a couple buttons just right to get "secret mania"?
For the secret mode have a random queue in the rob zombie code where the player has to press a certain button sequence a few times (aka similar to "bone fish" in FT or when Dracula crosses his eyes in BSD) then have the machine go dark and all targets make random Rob Zombie curses or ghost sounds from AMH or something cool to get points for 10 sec?
Just a suggestion. I'm stoked with all the progress and all your input already towards this spooky project.

It wouldn't be secret if he told us about it.

#3822 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Tom has been a good friend for over 25 years! Crazy guy. True story...we're both drunk at a Chiller convention. He has his bull whip. He asks me to stand about 30 feet away and hold the cigar in my mouth. I do it and he cracks the whip and takes the cigar out of my mouth! The crowd goes crazy!

ted_carradine_savini_(resized).jpg

LOL That took some balls and liquid courage! Hey y'all watch this, usually doesn't end well.

2 weeks later
#4159 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NICE!
I think the Spaulding is all good since it is small and further back. Sometimes good the over excentuate features

Kind of like stage actors. They look good from a distance but up close they look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show.

1 week later
#4203 8 years ago

Man, I was so excited seeing some action and then I realize they are just dumb ass Kaneda bumps. WTF Carry on with the nonsense.

1 month later
#4341 8 years ago

Man, I'm jealous!

1 month later
#4689 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the footage Ed. I'm all the way back at 250 but I'm still obsessed with updates. Totally psyched about this game!

#4711 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

A little off-topic here since I imagine most here are RZ (the musician) fans.... Who else besides me think the new album sucks big time???

I really don't love anything after Hellbilly. But my opinion is not really important. I loved White Zombie first and the thrashy goove stuff will always be my favorite. For that matter it's very rare that one of my long time favorite bands records a new album that meets my expectations.

As far as the pin is concerned, I think that Spooky and Rob picked perfect tracks for the game. I don't see me wanting to swap out tunes at all. If Iron Maiden turns out great, RZSI, MET, and Maiden will be an awesome heavy metal trio.

1 week later
#4790 7 years ago

Where can a fella see these Spooky shirts? I would like to buy a couple.

2 months later
#5535 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I'm 150. Funds are set aside, I'm good with October/November. Figured November, so any earlier is a bonus.

So you got my spot! Congrats! We will probably be moving into our new house in Oct/Nov. I'm jealous of you but glad that I requested a later number. Buying a new game will be much more popular next summer, lol.

#5568 7 years ago

Kerry is such a bad boy....Mostly for giving me tinnitus. I'll never forget that show!!

2 weeks later
#5672 7 years ago

Never mind.

#5678 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Lol, i sent email i was interested and months later put in $1000 deposit. ANYONE could of done that and any of those people can flip them if they find a buyer.
I plan to take delivery and put on location though..

1 week later
#5754 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Posted this in another section on this forum and I thought I'd share it here.
Just got home from 12 hour road trip to pick up Rob Zombie Spookshow International #74. There was severe storms both there and back, white knuckle driving for sure! When I arrived, Charlie and crew were so hospitable, he took time out of his busy day to chat me up for bit and let me play some of the games on site. I was a bit zoned out from driving, but have to say I'm really impressed with how neat and tight everything seemed to be run. Also really impressed with Americas Most Haunted. This was the first time I've seen and played that game along with Zombie(sensory overload for sure). Call me old fashioned, but there's just something to be said about shaking the guys hand(and having him thank me) who was personally involved in the game I just bought. I feel good about my purchase and can't wait to get it set up this weekend. Good people over there!!
Really impressed with the quality level and detail, this pin really needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate it. This is one intense pin, it keeps calling back for one more game. It came with version 9 on it and I can't wait to get 10 uploaded. Btw, the sound systems rocks. The callouts in adult mode are great, its kind of nice to hear someone cussing at me for playing pinball besides my wife.

My number ( 250 ) is way off but I'm thinking that I should take a couple of days off and make the road trip. I'm excited about the game for sure. Thanks for the pics!

1 month later
#6214 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

About to watch 31 and drinking good beer. Stout 13% alc

That will do.

7 months later
#8248 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just flip it off

I do that constantly but it usually just makes me want to hit the start button again. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. You need to use the middle finger, right?

1 month later
#8519 6 years ago

V20 by tomorrow? I would love to put new code on my game before people come over!

#8528 6 years ago

...when you are dying for the new code to drop and you crush your GC score, lol.

IMG_20170625_234548983 (resized).jpgIMG_20170625_234548983 (resized).jpg

#8659 6 years ago

Quick gameplay question: Should the right orbit return to the left flipper or hit the upper left sling?

#8666 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Quick gameplay question: Should the right orbit return to the left flipper or hit the upper left sling?

Is the shot supposed to return out of control? Bueller?

#8669 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

New V20 is uploaded and ready to download.
As for the orbit coming out of the left, it depends on the speed. Just as it comes out of the orbit nudge the machine on the left to avoid the sling if you have to.

Mine is surely bent too far back under the plastic. I'll give it a tweak when I get home later this week.

Thanks for the work on the code. I'm psyched to try it out!!

#8694 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This new code is super fun! All the new sounds and objectives are awesome. Can't stop playing.

I left for vacation the day it was released! Damnit, I can't wait to get home!

2 weeks later
#8909 6 years ago

Finally showed v20 who's boss.

IMG_20170721_225432408 (resized).jpgIMG_20170721_225432408 (resized).jpg

#8911 6 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Sheesh, haven't had a score like that since a few versions back. I assume you hit all 1000 corpses? That tends to make a big dent in score.

Yeah, I collected over 1,300 corpses. That sent me from about 30k to 100k in one ball.

1 week later
#8936 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My average scores went way down with v20 also , which is a good thing because the game does feel more balanced for scoring now . Points are in completing modes and doing well on the multiballs . If you can complete around 3 modes and pick up a few super jackpots your average scores should be in the 20 millions . Huge score boost comes from completing house of 1,000 corpses , but that is tough . On v20 I have not completed it with just one time there , takes me 2 times there to complete. There has been a few games I went twice to house of 1,000 corpses and did not complete it

Yeah, what he said

1 month later
#9184 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Hey, guys. I have a strategy question, and it relates to the amount of fun I'm having with the game.
I'm finding that I'm still shooting the ramp so often that it feels like chopping wood. Shooting the ramp always feels like a safe shot, while other shots are definitely not. Combine that with the fact that I can loop the ramp 4 times to start CHOP, and I've started doing that all the time before I shoot a more difficult shot.
Then, I start HO1KC, and somehow I come out of it with 2 balls left and only 530 corpses, so what do I do? Trap one on the right flipper and start shooting the ramp with the left. I didn't quite make it to 1000, but I was up around 850 or so.
Do others play this way, or am I taking all the fun out of the game?

With the pitch of my game I often shoot the center ramp to hold the left flipper up and pass to my right flipper. I use the right flipper to shoot the left loop and the ho1k drop. This is how I usually get my chop saver lit.

In House of 1k I just keep my eyes on the flippers and try to nudge balls away from the outlanes. When I get down to a couple of balls I trap up on one flipper and try to flip balls up toward the pops on the left and pray that they bat around enough up top. I try for HO1K aggressively on ball one. I can sometimes complete it by ball 2 or 3.

#9209 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pinstadium kit arrived. Game is pretty dark but with the kit the playfield really pops. Gi and flasher integration is awesome!!!

Man, that looks great. Can the brightness be adjusted up or down?

4 months later
#9717 6 years ago

PSA: Don't drop your playfield onto the trough switches with the game on. It killed at least the IC4 chip on the main board. I'm throwing in the towel today and sending my board off to Spooky. Here's hoping that numbnuts move doesn't cost me four hundred bucks.

1 month later
#9756 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

When in the actual f&@k will V23 go live?

I'm taking mine to Louisville Expo next week. I'd love to have v23 on it.

#9759 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

On the LDG mod, if you haven't done so already, it's advisable to flip the light-board so that the factory SMDs face AWAY from the sensor (as noted in the mod-thread, this prevents the sensor from dropping too much resistance and burning up [an issue that was brought to my attention after run #2 shipped, but only recently "solved"]).
Just want to make sure it survives the Expo (that adjustment should bullet-proof it), and I hope it helps add a bit of excitement for those that get to experience it at the show

I'll get on that this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

4 weeks later
#9809 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How’s this for an idea -
When you get 1000 corpses, the the flippers die, everything goes nuts, and you get your 50m points, and then it goes back to normal play with one ball..
That would make it a goal (you got 1000!!) ... it would end getting more than 1000 though. I think I got 1500 once but it’s the 50m points that is the goal. And the completion to go towards Hellbound.
rd

I remember the first time that LOTR did that and I thought that I broke the machine. Feels great every time that you destroy the ring.

#9812 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah man.
Do you know what happens when you beat Iron Throne on GOT? One of the harder wizards to beat?
Nothing.
So disappointing.
rd

Yep. Blackwater has exciting callouts but pretty much everything else on it feels thrown together. I wish Dwight would revisit it and polish the game up.

Fawzma has been amazing at addressing issues and working on RZ. It is a hell of an underrated game.

3 months later
#9990 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Now I'm getting "SD CARD ERROR" on the display and it appears to try to reboot to the screen in my previous posting. Now the game won't even start. Should I download the firmware and try reformatting the SD card?

I had something very similar going on and it turned out to be a bad CPT. Spaulding servo. Try disconnecting his servo harness and see if it boots.

3 weeks later
#10032 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Got my machine up and running 100% perfectly now. Indeed, it was the Spaulding servo so I replaced that thanks to the help of the Spooky team. Their customer service is probably better than any company I've ever dealt with in any product.
Getting the servo out was a bit of work. The upper playfield has to come up, the vegetation molding had to come off, upper flipper removed. I adjusted the servo so there is no risk of the end points banging into anything and causing issue with the servo again. I'm just wondering how much a servo can take before frying out as I'm sure the issue was my Spaulding toy had loosened and I had taken it off to secure it and I'm sure I misaligned the gate causing the servo to go. I assume once a servo goes out it's done and any attempt to put it back into a game would result in problems again due to voltage irregularities.
One question I do have (since I did order a robot servo replacement to have on hand as well), is the robot supposed to shake at times during the gameplay? I've noticed he does a little shimmy motion from time to time and want to make sure that is normal gameplay and the servo banging into something.

I'm glad that you got your game figured out. It was driving me nuts. I only happened upon it when I touched Spalding and my game shut off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

8,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=hougie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.