image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happydayz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4583 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I'm mid 200's and got the email
instead of 240 its 200 for the toy mods if you respond before may 9th

Only 200? For a handful of led's? Seems outrageous. How hard is it to do yourself? They aren't completely different toys are they?

#4634 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This sounds to me like the set is including the moulded toys which are lit up. For $240 it could not just be a few LED lights that you install yourself. So I have the same question - if we buy now can we expect the original non lit up toys to be included as spares while the upgraded lit up toys get factory installed?

Really. If it is 240 later will people really only get 5 or 6 led's with instructions on how to add them to existing toys? That seems ridiculous. If it so complicated to add these few led's then why were the toys not molded to allow for them originally?

1 week later
#4715 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I'm listening to the album for the 3rd time now.... Definitely not in the same level of Hellbilly Deluxe....

A couple decent tracks that I like (#4 and #8). But so dang short. Maybe about 31 minutes of music in total over 12 tracks?

#4741 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Any updates on when we might be able to buy translites? I'd love to have one hanging on the wall while waiting for my game.

LE translites were already for sale at MGC. Email KT for one.

#4745 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Sold out, but they'll be getting more.

Wow, that was fast. They looked to be the exact size needed to swap out your translite on the regular edition if you prefer to have the LE artwork on it instead. I thought Spooky had previously said something along the lines that the LE translites they would sell would have the borders cut or something (so they could not be added to regular games) but the ones at MGC looked to be standard size. So that is kind of cool. Although I realize the LE's really are true backglasses and not translites.

#4747 7 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

How much were they selling the translites for at MGC? Also does anyone know if both translites are going to be the same price? Since there producing at least 250 more of the regular one.

I think they were around $70-$75? Nothing ridiculous at all so yeah, I would think they would sell each version for the same price.

#4749 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How do the back glasses look in person? Are they mirrored?

No, I don't believe they were mirrored at all. The one at MGC looked awesome because the artwork is awesome. But I'm not sure the average person could tell the difference between the translite version and the true backglass version when in the game and backlit.

#4751 7 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Loving the gameplay, callouts and modes! Multiball is great too!
I took family mode off as soon as I could! I know there are a tonne of pics already out there so unless there are requests, I'll just say again how much fun this is .

Cool! Did you get that set of Back Alley mods for yours? I don't think anyone has seen those actually in a game working yet have they?

Or the upgraded LED kit for that matter?

#4755 7 years ago

Are the toys just permanently lit or are they interactive with the game rules and modes? Can we see an entire playfield lit shot to see how the led's pop?

#4757 7 years ago

Unless you just have a great camera the led's do seem to pop a little more. Question, when you get a chance I am curious about the led's in the robot and radio. Can you see the wires running into these toys from behind or otherwise or are they somehow coming up from the underside of each toy? The orange led's in the bottom of the chicken bucket don't seem bright enough to be noticeable in this picture?

#4759 7 years ago
Quoted from zero:

On the robot you can see the wire at the back but otherwise not noticeable. The chicken is when you look at it. The picture doesn't do it justice IMHO.

I am still trying to figure out why this mod was described by Spooky as complex? Drill 2 holes through Robot's eyes through back of head. Insert led's and run wire under playfield as usual for many mods no? Same with radio. If there really is something more complex that ties them into rules or modes and they are interactive then cool. Otherwise, $200? I just want to understand it better.

#4793 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

This is the one design
and I know they got the ghost logo that glows in the dark
and I think its still recent on their Facebook but they have a bugcast podcast shirt

Nah, you need the mechanic "work" shirt!! Here:
http://www.ddpinball.com/shirts/double-dangerspooky-pinball-work-shirt

#4816 7 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

The Rob Zombie pinball was well represented at the concert Wednesday night. The Robot was out most of the show and they had a huge boom box. That represented Dead City Radio as part of the stage set up.A couple of pictures of each below.

I am thinking that these 2 set pieces in particular, if made to 10-12" scale, would look awesome if incorporated into a topper! Anyone?

Concert_(resized).jpegConcert_(resized).jpeg

#4843 7 years ago

Aside from the Back Alley light additions, has anyone thought of mods for this game? Any of the modders planning anything cool? Any pinblade designs created yet that could be shown?

I'd really love to see a different Captain Spaulding for the mini playfield. One where he has his arms raised and does not look so stiff. Maybe the arms even rotated higher when he spins to the open position? I also think a decal for the metal guide rail would be cool like a creepy fence running around it. Aside from that I would like to see some cool topper designs that rival the one made for AMH.

#4850 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Thanks. I am definitely getting one of each. I thought the standard came with a translite. I was just informed it is a backglass as well. Nice surprise for me.

Wait, what? The standard RZ will come with a screen printed backglass and not a translite? That is not what I heard previously. Who told you this? Kayte?

#4856 7 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

I just emailed Kayte this afternoon to ask her about buying translights. And to ask about what did the standard ship with. This the response from her on both questions below.
All games will ship with a true backglass.
I will be selling translites again, but I am currently out of stock.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually thought I overheard Kayte at MGC say the regular edition was just a translite but apparently that's not the case.

#4860 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I thought the backglass was limited to the LE and the standards had a translite too. If the standard has a backglass too and both artwork versions are up for grabs, whats special about the LE?

I didn't want to say it myself, lol, but I was thinking the same thing. $500 difference for the custom-cut armor and a small LE plate I guess. Maybe the LE's are coming with a shaker too? If nothing else, they get their games first I guess.

#4866 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... and a different backglass (preferred design by most here).

Is that really true? I actually like the regular backglass better myself and thought many others stated the same. Although I wish it did include the witch in there somewhere. To each his own, the game looks awesome regardless.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4869 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's just Spooky trying to do something nice for the early adopters with AMH. Kudos to them and taking care of people.
Why complain and whine about the extra $500? It's a F ing "LE".
Meaning "Limited", as in only 50 made, meaning you'll be able to get your extra $500 back out of it AND then some.

Not sure who was whining or complaining? Just comparing the 2 models and sharing opinions.

All of the games are limited. 250 is a very small number compared to Stern LE's or even more so JJP.

#4914 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

100% agree with this.
The layout is avg, the art is good, the theme is good for most, but ALL rests on the sholder of coding and good risk v reward plus fun factor and immersion. So far I would say the code has a LONG ways to go and hope the code monkey can start to take on a similar path that Ben has with AMH (continual improvement, a thinck skin, and the ability to take feedback from the core group of owners throughout production and well past when the last game is delivered). It is nice to have a new brain coding in pinball but with that also comes some risk.

I was under the impression that code was almost done? If that is not true then Fawzma, can you comment on what percentage is currently done? Or for those that have their games can you comment on how many of the planned 6 song modes and 4 sub modes are currently in the game?

#4918 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The core main modes and submodes are all complete. Now its a matter of finishing the wizard mode. The code is done on it, just need to clean it up. Modes will be tweaked and additions will come over time. My main concern is to make sure there are no game breaking bugs.
Version 5 is up for those using the updater. Manual updaters will have to wait for the zip file to be uploaded.

Okay, that's pretty much what I thought. I was confused by other's comments that the code had a "LONG" way to go because the game seemed pretty awesome to me already. Although sure, there can be a lot of tweaking as noted to balance scoring and risk versus reward, I'll agree with that much.

If anyone who already has their game can take some video of gameplay in a home setting where the sounds can be heard a lot better I would love to see it! I don't think I have seen many of the modes and sub modes yet.

#4943 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can anyone post a video of the game-play?

Yeah, I would really like to see version 5 of the code in a home setting to boot. Would be nice! Someone with their game help us out?

#4969 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Check out our latest Video of the Rob Zombie Spookshow International in Adult mode action. LE #18
» YouTube video
GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

Thanks Gap! Definitely the best video I have seen yet. Game looks awesome!

#4978 7 years ago

Question, the Robot's arms. Are they capable of moving up and down? They appear to be separate from the Robot's body (separate pieces) but they don't appear to move on their own? Why? I feel like the robot should be moving more in general (slowly, with arms moving up and down slightly.) Even Spaulding ... I wish his hands were up and he moved back and forth a bit when the ball wasn't up on the upper playfield, almost taunting the player. Still looks awesome just thinking of the small stuff.

#4987 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

11/16, but really it's too early to see an accurate trend.

I don't understand your formula but it's definitely on the pessimistic side. Six months to produce the next roughly 100 games? You're banking on Spooky producing just 16-17 games a month on average? I think you have to be at roughly 6-7 games a week minimal to be a viable business, no?

Now, I will admit that I'm a bit concerned how the production of Domino's game (starting late summer) will impact RZ but Spooky says it won't. I'm not sure how it can't though.

1 week later
#5061 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1)
yo Fawzmagames, suggestion, I don't know for sure from my handful of games on an earlier version of code, but glancing at pic above, may I suggest anywhere where there is scores, use comma formatting.
###### vs ###,###
Thanks... this wait isn't getting any easier!

Good observation and I agree. FYI, for those with games Fawzma announced this morning V 006 of code is now available:

V006
added extra protection to servo driver routine to prevent positions going beyond limits
What! mode total score resets to zero when mode starts.
Demon Multiball changed to eject 3, you can still add a ball
SuperBeast Multiball changed to eject 2
Removed multiball settings from menu (they didn't set anything anyway)
What! skeeball game removed for the time being. Needs more stop post testing and graphics.

#5065 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Team Spooky is getting it done. I applaud your steady and consistent ability to deliver RZSSI LE games to date. As you begin to jack the manufactuing speed, don't worry about going too fast. Bad stuff almost never happens. » YouTube video

Silly question but, is RZSSI really going to be the official acronym of this game? Is just plain RZ already taken? I haven't seen this noted before.

#5088 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I think the skill shot needs to be made easier, Ive played 100 games and still have not gotten it. The more the game breaks in the slower the game gets, make it even harder. I try to get the skill shot on every plunge and no success. There is skill involved, because you have to plunge the ball perfectly, but more luck than skill as I see it. Love the game. Just needs code tweaks

How could the skill shot be made easier at this point? Just curious if you have an idea in mind. And do you have suggestions for other "code tweaks" that you think the game needs? I like hearing people's ideas and seeing them get worked into the code.

#5101 7 years ago

In the video mode driving the car. It feels like the first few seconds of that song with just the organ need to be trimmed? Feels like an awkward silence with just the hum of the car, organ playing, and splatting after coming from the noise packed action of the regular gameplay. I feel like the video mode would be better if the music started where the beat kicks in. Or maybe a voice over there for a few seconds from Rob describing what to do like "Mow down as many monsters as you can!!!".

In this video flip to the 53 second mark. The beat of the song really then kicks in at 1:03. I don't suppose RZ would allow trimming the opening of the song?

#5105 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It appears that video game sounding midi tune is the intent and I'm guessing after several mos, yrs of playing the game it's gonna be nice to have that little break from the actual rockin RZ songs. I like it.

It just feels like a very awkward transition into the video mode (and out of for that matter.) A bit clunky. Also, I see the message "Use flippers to steer" but there is another message after that (directions I presume) that flash by way too quickly. So a call out from Rob would be really cool as I suggested above. Definitely needs a bit better song in there though IMO.

#5107 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The song is Dragula, and it's meant to be retro and 8-bit sounding based on the loading screens and video. Sounds perfect to me.

How is "retro and 8-bit sounding" fit perfectly with the rest of the game and theme? It's really the transition into the mode that seems most awkward to me. You go from adrenaline action to awkward 8-10 seconds of relative quiet and no lights.

#5113 7 years ago

Again. Not complaining. I love the video mode as well. It's not the mode. It's only the transition into the mode I'm referring to. Clunky IMO. Just suggesting things to polish.

#5139 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Software wishes/bugs:
1) progressive skill shot - since the shot is more of a "luck" shot, maybe giving a progressive reward would be nice - a few points for #1, more for #2, and lots for #3.

A couple people have suggested this and I like it. But maybe I'm not understanding the 3 bounces here. I thought #1 was no switch at all, it just bounces off the rubber back towards the sling on the right, no? How do you account for #1 without #2?

Happy to see all suggestions and hopefully Spooky considers them all.

#5141 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

#1 is a sling as well!
Speaking of skill shots, I've been meaning to pick up a lighter congo/TZ type shooter spring to see if that puts a little more skill in the skill:luck ratio.

Ahh, okay. So #1 is the big sling on the left side of the playfield? And where is #2 and #3? Where are the players directions to know what to shoot for? I don't recall any animation on the display or flashing lights on the playfield? It's not clear to me at all. Any suggestions for making this much clearer to a player?

#5142 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Ahh, okay. So #1 is the big sling on the left side of the playfield? And where is #2 and #3? Where are the players directions to know what to shoot for? I don't recall any animation on the display or flashing lights on the playfield? It's not clear to me at all. Any suggestions for making this much clearer to a player?

Just listened to Charlie's explanation on the skill shot in a vid. Left sling, right sling, either pop bumper (although even during his explanation everyone seemed surprised what it was). Got it. But that is not clear at all to a player just stepping up to the game. Could there be a call out or an animation that better explains it? Also, does it still light "extra ball" if you make the skill shot? That does seem like a pretty hefty reward for a shot that is only so much "skill" as others have noted. Not very balanced there IMO.

4 weeks later
#5411 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rob Zombie #55 in the house! I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm absolutely blown away. This is a super fun game and glad I did not sell. Thanks to Khabbi for helping with the set up. We did have one small problem after playing a few games that other owners may encounter. The ball kickout underneath the mini playfield stopped working after a while. We went and checked the mechanism and all seemed fine. Then we looked at the fuses and sure enough one was blown. Luckily Walmart had a pack of 3 amp fuses and now she works perfectly. Notice the Pinball Life Kicker installed in the head. Now on to the photos...

Hmm, which version of the software does your game have on it? Is it version 8? I'm curious if this is still a software issue in regards to blowing a fuse. Looks gorgeous though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happydayz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=happydayz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.