Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I beat myself up over it 100 times and left it knowing full well it was gonna get pointed out today. But, the more ya' play it, it just feels right.

I am actually of the mind that in its minimalistic set up, it looks far more fun than just about any other mini playfield that I can think of.

I honestly don't remember much about the game when it used to be called Pinball Zombies, but I remember that the skill shot was you had to bounce it from one pop to the next to the third. It was an amazingly creative skill shot, nothing ever done like it.

I really enjoy AMH because of how different it is to everything else, and I'm excited to play this for what I expect will be a similarly creative reason!

#2383 4 years ago

I seem to be one of the few that think the playfield art really matches the game. Everything about this game is different - and to me, if you turn off the lights and am this game, I think it will look something like a barren haunted landscape with some awesome toys here and there.

I have Metallica. I don't need another playfield just like it. Donny already did that. This pushes the boundaries in a different direction, and I have a hunch it will look amazing in person in the dark.

Watch the first 10 seconds of the video and see how Rob's face really pops, and I think it all fits.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

This is still a $6000 game and the toys and ramps are minimal, less than a striped down stern pro.

Guess it depends on perspective. A mini playfield, interactive robot toy, large color dmd, and interactive toy on the mini playfield makes me feel like it is equal or more than Iron Man or Metallica. Those games have little going on playfield wise that aren't "standard pinball" and I love them.

If I added a color dmd and sound system to Iron Man, that would be what, an additional $500 or so? So, what - Spooky is charging an extra $500 over a Stern Pro but limiting production to equal or less than most Stern LE titles?

If anyone really looks at the game and thinks that they aren't getting enough, don't get it. Let someone who really wants it get it.

Secondly, if you are buying due to resale value, don't. If people are paying $6k for something they aren't happy with from the reveal and it turns out they don't like the game play, what will the resale market really be like? It won't be $10k by Christmas, I can assure you that.

I am about 95 percent certain that I'm in. I'm sold on all parts of the package, I just need to put together the money. I'm surprised by there being so much complaint on here, and I worry it's by speculators who only want to buy the game to flip quickly. Don't be that guy.

#2413 4 years ago

I doubled posted, so I'll just add...

Watch the music videos for Dragula and Living Dead Girl. I think the style makes a bit more sense. I even support the insert text as they look like the old timey spooky movie trailer text.

I don't hate the idea of making the inserts all white like a black and white movie, but I think I'd color them with leds then anyway.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Also, if you think RZ will shoot or have code like an ACDC or TRON...keep dreaming.

I don't think that. I think and hope it will shoot like AMH, which is unlike anything else in the way of ruleset that has come out before it. If they try to make RZ shoot and play like ACDC or Tron, I for one will be super disappointed.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Ice I respect your opinion. But I also think you're smoking the Spooky Pipe if you think that a half barren playfield is better than those Stern's you've mentioned. I'll let other's chime in.

Type in Rob Zombie Dragula at YouTube and watch the video. You'll see exactly what they were going for.

Does that make it better? Eye of the beholder, I guess, but if it looked like Metallica just for instance, I think it would not match the style or feel they were going for at all.

All those examples, they are examples of standard playfields in standard pinball machines. You can't pretend that any part of this machine appears "standard."

Again, maybe just me, but I really like the playfield as is and don't want the standard Stern playfield is seems a few loud voices keep yelling about.

#2450 4 years ago

Last thing for now. If you go to a haunted house, they usually have tons of stuff set up outside (usually just on the front facade) to get you pumped to go in. At one place I worked at, we had this big wall with figures and the attraction's logo and whatnot enticing people to give us their money.

Once you walk in, the rooms are without exception dark with only minimal highlights. There is something central to the room that is your focus.

Intentional or not, that is exactly what I think of the art and why I like it.

I am actually apparently the only one not wholly sold by the side art. I wish it billboarded the name of the game more.

Don't know what else to say about it, the package is unique and fun. I don't need another TFTC playfield, I already have one. Ditto Metallica.

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did the haunted house cost $6k to get in?

Cute.

Unless I'm mistaken, RZ for those who route it will probably cost $1 or so to play.

It cost us over a million bucks to set up and tear down our three houses every year not including labor. Cost was $8 apiece to get in usually (they were changed often, sometimes even weekend to weekend) and that was on top of he $50 ticket to get into the park where we had them.

Next, let's compare RCT to a real roller coaster! Then, we'll compare buying a WWFRR or WWE to going to one of their shows! Yeah, that's the ticket!

What does this matter?

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It matters because people are paying $6k (plus tax and possiby shipping if you don't live in the Midwest and are willing to go pick it up) for what is essentially a piece of art. Call me crazy, but if I'm going to lay down that kind of coin for a pinball machine, I expect to get a pinball machine!

What does this have to do with walking into a haunted house? You didn't ask me anything about art, you asked if it cost $6k to walk through it.

It won't cost you $6k to look at a pinball machine. You just have to find one to look at. Probably free, although I'd probably charge you like $100 to see mine just based on principal. Good deal, right? $5900 off!

There will be 299 more of these than the haunted house that I was talking about too.

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Bagging on the only company that can announce a pin & deliver it in a couple months these days is quite comical to me.

RZ is announced last week Friday and according to their estimates will start being delivered on February, which would be a couple months...

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So the only pro designer weighed in and said, "meh". Any credibility in that?

Which "pro" was that? Alex Horley or Rob Zombie himself?

#2507 4 years ago

Darn phone double posting...

So...

Go watch that

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've seen people saying there isn't enough to do. The robot, Captain Spaulding, mini playfield with one flipper, bucket of chicken, and one ramp.

Look at your Jurassic Park. One ramp, one interactive toy like the robot appears to be and...

It's pretty darn cool. Especially with that new code. I should know.

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jp is also 2k and the Dino eats the ball ..... just saying lol

JP was full price when it came out.

Also happens they made thousands of them.

Just saying lol

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You all are getting a tad bit crazy in this thread lol

I think some people are seeing big dollar signs here, which I think makes the purchase a bit more risky. Remember how Xmen was guaranteed to be, what was it... A certain price by Christmas? Those were very limited, a more conventional theme, more conventional layout, and from a very established company.

Then, the game came out and wasn't up to expectations early on. Never made the $10k promise. Eventually, the code was fixed and I for one think the final package is stunning (especially the Magneto version!), but by then it was too late.

Anyone who purchases this is taking a risk. If it turns out people don't love the layout, and that people are buying these like crazy to flip them, then resale value will not be crazy awesome.

I honestly think that the layout will turn some people off, and I don't know if this game will have long legs in small collections, where unique games generally don't last by themselves.

Having said all of that, anyone who says you need anything in particular on the playfield to make it fun is silly. I have a game called 4 Square, an EM, that has almost nothing to shoot for. It's an absolute hoot. There are many examples of machines even recently with just one ramp that are a blast (Family Guy comes instantly to mind.)

It's just silly for people to either be super excited about some giant windfall that they expect from the game, but it's also silly to slam the game by saying that there is very little on the playfield.

The bottom line is will only be fun to play, and we don't yet know. I think it will be.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

As much as I dislike X-Men, if there were only 300 produced it would easily be a $10-12K game.

No way. The initial reaction of the game was hugely positive, but when the game actually got to people's hands, they were less enthused by it. It took a while for the code to get right, and then once they did the initial group that had been so excited by it had already moved on with a bad taste in their mouths.

Again, the gameplay factor trumps the rarity factor in pinball almost always. BBB is so valuable because it looks cool, but even moreso because it plays really well. Games that are equally as rare that people don't love (Pistol Poker, to name one that I own) are not worth nearly as much. PP is an under $2k game (or so I think, and I own one) and there is less than 200, and it's a unique layout.

RZ has a theme that will set a bit of a floor for it, but if most people think it sucks, it's not suddenly going to still be worth some crazy amount.

Quoted from jalpert:

I think that was a joke. Nobody actually expected it to be "10k by Christmas."

Reread the thread. I remember reading it at the time and in no way was any of it presented as a joke back then.

"Those that missed out on TRON LE don't want to miss this opportunity."

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Clearly Dan is buttering me up to get us back to MGC and sponsor stuff (like we'd ever miss it anyway!)

Hey now!

Just trying to be realistic! If like 50% of your market is buying the game specifically to flip it for some huge price down the line, then that's a dangerous situation. I'd rather people be realistic about it instead of being all hurt if it doesn't work out that way and decide not to get whatever in the future from you.

I played PZFBTG, I liked it for what it was back then (other than the mini playfield ) and I am fully planning on sending you money soon. And you know me, I like tons of weird stuff, so I'd expect this one will be right up my wheelhouse.

And I LOVE the playfield art! Truly

#2738 4 years ago

Let me be the first to say, that animation is INSANE. I have NO idea how you guys pulled that off. It looks incredible.

I didn't watch the playfield as much, I kept getting distracted. Right now, from that video, this is the best display in pinball. Period.

(I posted this while watching in the other screen which is why I posted so quickly. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ANIMATION.)

#2813 4 years ago

That has new code too! I should know!

Pinballcode.com

Regardless of your feelings, I don't think TFTC is a good game because it has two ramps. Otherwise, VND with its four ramps would be one of the best of all time!

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It will carry over, I originally had it set to start from scratch. If I have to, it will be a user setting.

User setting please. Carry overs drive me nuts.

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Also, while I'm making requests: please add multiple high score tables like one for each mode (ala AC/DC or Met) - the more HS tables there are the more the home player has something to shoot for when playing.

Oh man, I would be SOOOOOO happy to see this! Glad it sounds like you're open to this!

I also have argued for a while that it would be awesome if after a game was over, it said something like your score - 10M, average score - 13%, your score was better than 33% of the games played on this machine - or something. The larger the high score table, the happier it'll make people.

I worked with a NBAFB on route, and once players learned that they could play as a team with a "low" starting score and could get their initials in the high score table, they were ecstatic. The game had something like 28 possible high scores. When I have had mine set up and people have visited and I've shown them the same thing, even people who have never played a pinball machine before end up playing it for a long time to put their initials in there.

I have begged for a long time (you can find this in posts probably 5 years old from me) for a high score table that was like 100 long. Do that, or make it an option, and I think it will be a huge hit with casual players

#2960 4 years ago

stupid...

#2961 4 years ago

...connection.

Sorry.

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

So you want analytics

I would LOVE it. Just at a really high level though.

If I would play a game, and afterward it how that stacked up, I'd keep playing it over and over again. This is something I have wished for in a game forever. A simple comparison to how well everyone else who played did.

It's particularly perfect for route games, which I know isn't the market for the majority of these, but still. If I play and I do better than like 20% of the people who have played only, you darn well know I'm playing until I'm like up near the 75% or so percentage...

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

with almost 10% of the AMH available on route, I would not rule out route use for RZ.

You really think 151 or more of these will end up on route?

#2987 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Think you've got an extra 1 in there.

You don't have a majority unless you get at least half plus one...

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't want to make a big deal out of it or explain why, but for some reason everyone seems to want to know, so there you have it.

I can tell you why - you stream-of-conscious-ed on here for probably 10-20 posts. Some people were annoyed, others (like myself) became interested because of your quantity of posts, as well as the views you had. I wanted to know to discover the end of the story - it otherwise would have been like reading a detective novel and at the end, after everything had been analyzed, the detective just says, "Well, someone did the crime, but we don't know who!"

Thanks for sharing. I wish you had the reason though. Now we know who did the crime, but not the motive. :-/

#3041 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It was Horley in the study with the paint brush.

That's my thinking too, but I would have liked to hear from the detective :-/

Quoted from jgentry:

At then end of the day it's only pinball and pretty much all pinball is fun.

Yeah, a bad game of pinball is still better than just about anything else I can think of. Unless it's X-File, screw that game.

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Let's just say that while I dig the theme and the concept, the execution just didn't line up with my personal expectations, and there were too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable.

That's fair. RZ will be my "fourth" NIB game, although of those AMH I bought the demo game at the MGC so no box and Tron is still sitting boxed waiting for my new house, and if not will be paying for a quarter of my next car. I'm guessing I'll get RZ as a show pin too after the MGC, so in my four NIB machines, I only will actually have two in the box.

RZ is the only machine that I am buying NIB that I have not played. I did get to play PZFBTG at MGC a few years ago and I really liked the layout - with the exception of the mini playfield which was terrible at the time, the new one I think actually looks GREAT - but I totally get the desire to not purchase a machine that you don't know much about. Good reasoning.

Thanks for completing the story.

#3051 4 years ago

Trust me labnip, not happy about the Tron thing. There is actually a LOT more to that story. A LOT. Just message board isn't the right spot to put it.

But yeah, 3D backglass one, just waiting and chilling... (but in climate controlled storage) :-/

#3172 4 years ago

But... But... In that thread asking about people being in and out, they were talking about how like 2/3rd of the people were out! How could that be! The sky is falling! Art is crazy! Yaaaaaaaarg!

In all seriousness, fantasygoat, art IS subjective, although there are rules that you can be taught to go by for normal stuff. I'm not normal. TBLs playfield to me is okay, but definitely not great. I am probably the only one who doesn't love RZs cabinet art. I really like the playfield art.

I might be wrong with traditional art rules, but I like what I like.

4 weeks later
#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

A headphone jack would only solve half the issue. Would be ideal to have separate modesty/adult settings for both sound and DMD animations.

That doesn't make sense if the screen and the sound calls don't match up on all modes, and that would be a lot to ask.

2 months later
#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think a clear plastic like was created for sparky on Metallica covering the living dead girl area from left side of ramp over to lower pop would work great and solve majority of problems.

This sounds like an easy fix for it. I would rather have something like this happen than have to drastically turn down the game's speed.

Having said that, depending, reinforced stand ups to ensure they don't bend backward at all might be another way to try to address this. I know a couple games got something similar.

And... I haven't seen it myself, so no idea if I agree with what I'm saying, but I do like Sparky's thing on Metallica.

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Ew no please, I don't want another Earthshaker/Whirlwind/Police Force/etc.
It's the easiest, safest, and most repeatable shot on the game, there should be by far the least reason to shoot it versus anything else on the playfield.

I'll agree with this. Haven't played RZ yet but will in a few weeks. One of my favorite games is Viper: Night Drivin'. It has a GIANT, easy as heck to hit ramp in the center of it. That ramp is worth practically nothing, except that you can after three successful shots combo it with a difficult shot to get a bit of a bonus. If I keep spamming the shot, after like 20 consecutive hits, I have something like 4-5 million. Which is equal to one jackpot in multiball.

It makes a shot that is otherwise really easy into something that is not something you want to shoot. Sounds like this is the same thing, which I would enjoy.

11 months later
#7619 2 years ago

Just announced that at the MGC this year, we'll have a familiar face helping to sell the final Rob Zombie pinball machine, the same way that he did for America's Most Haunted! I'm excited to see just what the game looks like (three weeks until I get mine!)

svenwlogo(1) (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7844 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Someone please get some video from the Spooky booth at MGC. What a great idea and way to differentiate Spooky games. Put me down for 2 of them.

I had seen this earlier in the show when I was basically running by and thought it was a cool backlit apron card. Now that I know it is an interactive screen, I'm wondering if it is still on my game (still folded up after the show)...

#7848 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Lol no, it was my only prototype, and at some point due to the rigging we did at the last minute, the power input of the screen broke off when the playfield was lifted up.

Drat!

#7934 2 years ago

Got my game at MGC this year and finally got a chance to set it up tonight. Honestly, I haven't played more than a single ball on it since it was Pinball Zombies, so I was really curious what I would expect.

The thing that I really liked about PZFBTG is still there, which is the wicked side to side action, and now some new nifty stuff has been added. I didn't play that many games (I also set up two more machines, and since my basement is under construction, I didn't bother to level anything since they'll all be moved soon anyway.

I get why people don't like this game. It has the old school feeling of the insane side to side of a game like Black Hole, and there aren't that many games, modern or older, that play like it. A missed shot it extremely damaging, and it's easy to miss shots.

How I set up my game, the left orbit is almost impossible to hit, so I didn't see many modes. The goals about exactly what to do need to be made a bit more clear, but I expect that will happen with the code update.

Having said that, I really appreciated how this thing plays. I LOVE hard games, and this is a game that is going to be difficult to keep the ball in play for. I figure that once I figure it out some more, it'll be one of my favorite games, as how it was I played it more than Ghostbusters or STTNG tonight!

I also really dig the artwork and the playfield as is. Overall, a very solid package currently, and I can't wait to see what comes in the future, both in the way of new code and in the way of me figuring out how to do what is there!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Jose, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside