sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggbert52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#870 8 years ago

It doesn't matter, the game could play worse than Avengers and there would still be 300 people that would buy the machine regardless.

3 weeks later
#944 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

As other's have noted, if this really is going to be just another monochrome DMD I think that will be a bit disappointing. I don't understand why a color DMD would not be implemented at a minimum.

You seem to speculate a lot on here. Do you do that in your daily life as well? People that speculate without concrete facts drive me batty.

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

This is when Pinside gets ridiculous. I stated a simple opinion "I'll be disappointed IF it's just another monochrome DMD". That's it. Calm down people. The world is not ending.

Seriously dude you're crying because you got 4 thumbs down?? Come have a beer with me and Kaneda and we'll tell you about getting thumbs down. You'll come out of the bar with thick skin.

2 months later
#1348 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I heard game #3 is going to have a DIY option with Ben and Charlie coming to your house and spending a week to help build it for an extra $1k?

Spend all night thinking that one up did ya?

1 week later
#1385 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Kind of Off-topic but I saw Sid Haig in a new movie called Bone Tomahawk.
download (2).jpg

Also, kind of off topic but I haven't heard Bone Thugs N Harmony in quite some time:

1 month later
#1490 8 years ago

What's the over/under on whether Rob Zombie will actually survive to see the final product? Oh...wait...I was thinking of JJP

#1493 8 years ago

They should do a contest. If you can party with Rob Zombie for 24 hours and survive you get a free machine. Just a thought.

2 weeks later
#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Middle of the playfield feels a bit...empty. But the cabinet art is, hands down, the best I have ever seen. Incredible work.

So stick a Wolverine or a Hulk bash toy in the middle.

#2160 8 years ago

I'm in, got the email exactly at noon so couldn't be more excited. Already put my check in the mail for the deposit and the postman has already picked it up! Now the wait begins.

I have not received my AMH yet even though I ordered in April. I once again want to reiterate that because of the fact I know Spooky are great people and they constantly give updates I never feel anxious or angry about getting my game. I know it will come and the communication from Kayte is what puts me at ease.

#2168 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There's a bunch in final testing now, and ALL AMH's will be out the door by the end of January... then we switch to RZ.

I certainly wasn't complaining but good to hear. If anything, Spooky makes it a LOT easier to budget for my favorite pins!

#2237 8 years ago

I think what is great about what you are saying Brian is the fact that Spooky will always deliver. So, unless they are under some sort of contractual agreement I'm certain the majority of the buyers would have no issues waiting another 3 months to see some improvements in the playfield. However, be careful what you wish for. Since we cannot play the game, most of us at least, it could already have the perfect amount of flow and shots to be an already excellent game.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

How much does this machine cost?

$5,995 plus shipping.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

With all the talk about the artwork, I just feel like people are forgetting they are buying a pinball machine, not a piece of art.

Totally agree. I had a CV that was beautiful and the beauty of the game actually kept it in my house 6 months longer than it should have because I never played it.

#2322 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

stop thinking about how sad you are, close the Pinside window, and do something productive that makes you happy.

Ouch.jpgOuch.jpg

#2373 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would feel douchey doing it. Just listing it on Pinside for what? $7k? I dunno, whatever, more than I paid for it, while other people are still waiting for theirs? I don't mind listing a pin for more after I put work into it, but that's different.
Look, it's just playfield art. Spooky has my utter respect no matter what happens. If Charlie said "you know, you guys might be onto something, we want this to be the best we can, we're going to give it some thought" I'd be stoked. But it's his game, and his company, and he'll sell out no matter what, so I have no worries about him. And if I don't get it life will go on, there are lots of great pins out there I haven't owned.
I just have a funny personal connection to this one, and I can't help but want the best for it is all.

Dude give it a rest, no one cares. Don't you have better things to do in life than post 75+ times in 48 hours about a game you might not even buy? Seriously?

#2379 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been told 17.
Just skip reading and responding to me if you don't care, I sure skip over posts that bore me. What's with all the nannies in this thread?

Rude video removed by Pinside Staff

#2667 8 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

If it plays half as good as it looks it will be f**king awesome and 1000x better than my pizza reference post above

Only one place to go in comparison to that and that's up

#2700 8 years ago

So this is pretty insane. I put my check in my mailbox on Friday when Kayte sent out the announcement email and it already arrived today. Glad I saved them $30 and nice job by the Postal Service!

#2706 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If RZ becomes a $20K game, I'm selling mine to the first deep pocket sugar daddy!
Marcus

I doubt it ever becomes a $20K game because in the case of BBB the buy in was much higher if I'm not mistaken and therefore the selling price would be higher. However, if the video is awesome I can definitely see the game going into the $12-$15K range.

What would both RZ and AMH as a pair be worth NIB in 3 years if someone decided not to open them?

#2708 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wait for kaneda's Thread!

I thought he only wrote about the Hellcat?

#2721 8 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Not insane at all in my experience, the USPS has always been quite speedy for me. I did the same and expected them to get it today (as they did).

From Tampa Florida when my mail was picked up at 6 pm on a Friday night and the check needed to go to Wisconsin?? I'd say that's not the norm. Also, Kayte was shocked as well so apparently you are in the minority.

#2725 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Rob should be proud of us!

RobT? Where has he been anyway?

Quoted from goatdan:

Remember how Xmen was guaranteed to be, what was it... A certain price by Christmas?

As much as I dislike X-Men, if there were only 300 produced it would easily be a $10-12K game.

#2740 8 years ago

Thinking of a polite way to say I would sell the game a month or so after unboxing it...

#2887 8 years ago

Wow the freaking ignore feature is awesome. My first ignore. Aurich = Poof!

#2963 8 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

I had to bow out. Just couldn't swing the cash right now.

Dude, the game won't be made until probably a year. You can't scrape up $6K by then?

#2966 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Why....do you...keep...pausing?

Dude relax. On the bright side, you got a thumbs up!

#2973 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You have until Friday the 18th, I would interpret this to mean you have all of Friday until Midnight Saturday.

This isn't Wells Fargo. It means Friday, December 18th.

#3078 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Dude what is your hangup with Aurich? The constant troll crap is just mind boggling.

maybe?

#3099 8 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Do you own any pins?

Fonzie

#3127 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I didn't get my number. What does that mean?

You should probably start a thread with a poll

#3198 8 years ago

Got my number 55 so that's the first batch after the LEs. Love it!

#3278 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Playfield and translite art just leaked.

spooky.jpg

You tried.

1 week later
#3450 8 years ago

Sorry for the possible redundant question but when is the first construction on new games expected to begin?

#3453 8 years ago

Probably in February

Thanks. Is it going to stay at the 5 games per week or does the new factory up that mark?

2 weeks later
#3875 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Really liked what I saw (and even more so: what I heard) in the stream. I'm guessing the wait list got even longer...

I agree. Quite honestly, I was on the fence after seeing the promo video. However, after watching the video, particularly the last 20 minutes where he got 7 ball multi ball, I was impressed. The original video doesn't do the game justice and the shots are really cool. I don't think it's going to be as hard as IM once you get the feel of things.

#3916 8 years ago

The only thing that would have been really cool in this game and still could probably be easily added is the Williams Indiana Jones ball escape on the right out lane. In a game as difficult as this that would have helped in a few situations and led to a little longer ball times.

#4055 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I think MANY people dropped out when the $ were due.

$1K Really?? If you can't afford $1K for a machine that's easily going to be worth $8K upon completion then you should probably pick another hobby.

#4075 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I haven't kept up with the latest from Spooky. How many AMH's are left to produce? Must be getting close.

AMH # 132 landed in Tampa on Wednesday so they are getting close. My brother is stopping by tomorrow to help me set it up.

#4087 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its already worth 1500 more than it costs orgianly ? Sounds like buying a spooky pin is a no brainer in the future and a great investment ? Lol
I know pins are not a investment but your saying this is a sure thing......

I'm saying nothing of the sort. I'm only using the current game (AMH) as a barometer and those games are fetching $1,500 above list. I don't think pins are an investment either but in the case of these two machines they are definitely above market value.

#4093 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I doubt Rob would be willing to let another pin be made if barely any of his fans could actually buy a pin.

That's Rob's choice but if and when another pinball is made in his name it will likely be postmortem. FYI, I don't see a ton of requests for a Jimmy Hendrix or John Lennon pinball machine.

#4117 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I really don't think it'll take them 18 months to build 300 RZs. I'd wager well under a year.

You do realize it took them over a year and a half to build 150 AMH correct? Obviously, I own an AMH and quite frankly I'm having the most fun with that game than I have with any game for a long, long time. That being said, I know they have a new warehouse and this is their second game but expecting them to just churn out 300 machines in 1 year with no blips along the way is a pipe dream. The Spooky folks know I love 'em so no apology needed here. Just being realistic.

1 month later
#4399 8 years ago

Well Pinside has had the "double post" bug for years and no one complains! Law, you should have figured out after a few years that when you hit enter on your first post and it freezes to not hit submit again!

#4402 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We have had zero issues with our AMH having sound tearing or any game breaking bugs.

Likewise.

1 month later
#4625 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Sounds like you're whining...

I don't think Iceman is whining at all. I think he is making perfect sense. You sound like you're a total complainer.

Also, my guess is that you don't even have an RZ spot.

3 weeks later
#4899 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Is there any way to make sure all Rob Zombie and America's Most Haunted pins have someone knowledgeable with Spooky on hand at all future shows? I was more than disappointed with the poor maintenance, terrible setup and lack of volume on the games I tried to play at Allentown. If that was what I had to base my purchase on, I'm sorry, but it was that bad... The games look awesome and I enjoyed AMH when it was setup properly and I could hear it. But when I saw that and RZ at Allentown, it was like someone set them up and just left them go... Seemed like a kick in the nuts to those who worked so hard to make those games, for them to be so seemingly neglected during a major show. Not to take away from Spooky or single them out - this isn't a DP thread but Big Lebowski seemed to have a similar fate there as well.

I agree 100%, the lack of effort in shows just killed sales for both machines

#4979 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here is video #2 of Rob Zombie Play. You can see American Witch and Dead City Radio modes completed.
» YouTube video
Enjoy

What's wrong with your mini playfield flipper? Never moves when you hit the left flipper. Is there a separate button for it? If so that would suck.

#4982 7 years ago

It's not enabled every time you hit the VUK. Sometimes it's meant to just drop.

OK awesome thanks. I guess they really emphasized the upper playfield flipper during the promo but when Dead Flip spent 2 hours playing the game I guess I never got a really good look up there like I did in the video posted here.

Excellent HUO game play video though.

1 week later
#5152 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

We already have someone selling a RZ machine on pinside and they dont even have it yet.
$ 9500

Where? I don't see it.

1 week later
#5250 7 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Hilton, STFU already. Stop posting for a day or two. Give your love of opinion a well deserved rest.

Can I get an Amen?

#5256 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, it's easier for Stern or JJP to abandon Pinside - 90% of their customers come from elsewhere.
90% of Spooky's customers originate here.

I'm assuming these statistics came from "Goat Research Inc?"

#5290 7 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Like it or not, Pinside is currently your primary audience/customer base, which can make things tough on you. However, to disconnect yourself from it would not be in your interest.

Hey man, this isn't freaking Good Fellas. Also, Pinside doesn't hang on your every thought or whim. Now, shoo along. We have good games to enjoy without you!

1 week later
#5353 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That is a GREAT video. I learned a heck of a lot.

Like how to smack the shit out of your machine? No thanks.

#5362 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

"Go to hell mother fucker".

Maybe that was Rob's way of telling you he didn't like you turning off adult mode.

#5374 7 years ago

RZ #55 shipping tomorrow.

#5377 7 years ago

Thanks, just want to keep guys in the loop so they know when they can expect theirs. I also have the Pinball Life knocker installed upon delivery so I'll try and get some video of that.

#5408 7 years ago

Rob Zombie #55 in the house! I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm absolutely blown away. This is a super fun game and glad I did not sell. Thanks to Khabbi for helping with the set up. We did have one small problem after playing a few games that other owners may encounter. The ball kickout underneath the mini playfield stopped working after a while. We went and checked the mechanism and all seemed fine. Then we looked at the fuses and sure enough one was blown. Luckily Walmart had a pack of 3 amp fuses and now she works perfectly. Notice the Pinball Life Knocker installed in the head. Now on to the photos...

IMG_4903_(resized).jpgIMG_4903_(resized).jpg
IMG_4902_(resized).jpgIMG_4902_(resized).jpg
IMG_4901_(resized).jpgIMG_4901_(resized).jpg
IMG_4900_(resized).jpgIMG_4900_(resized).jpg
IMG_4899_(resized).jpgIMG_4899_(resized).jpg
IMG_4898_(resized).jpgIMG_4898_(resized).jpg
IMG_4897_(resized).jpgIMG_4897_(resized).jpg
IMG_4896_(resized).jpgIMG_4896_(resized).jpg
IMG_4894_(resized).jpgIMG_4894_(resized).jpg
IMG_4892_(resized).jpgIMG_4892_(resized).jpg
IMG_4891_(resized).jpgIMG_4891_(resized).jpg
IMG_4889_(resized).jpgIMG_4889_(resized).jpg
IMG_4888_(resized).jpgIMG_4888_(resized).jpg
IMG_4887_(resized).jpgIMG_4887_(resized).jpg
IMG_4886_(resized).jpgIMG_4886_(resized).jpg
IMG_4885_(resized).jpgIMG_4885_(resized).jpg
IMG_4884_(resized).jpgIMG_4884_(resized).jpg
IMG_4883_(resized).jpgIMG_4883_(resized).jpg
IMG_4882_(resized).jpgIMG_4882_(resized).jpg
IMG_4881_(resized).jpgIMG_4881_(resized).jpg
IMG_4880_(resized).jpgIMG_4880_(resized).jpg

#5414 7 years ago

Yes, Charlie installed it just before shipping. It really adds to the game and is REALLY loud. LOL

#5418 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Hmm, which version of the software does your game have on it? Is it version 8? I'm curious if this is still a software issue in regards to blowing a fuse. Looks gorgeous though!

You know, for some reason I want to say it's still on 7. I'll go to the website right now and see if 8 is available. I just hate updating on Spooky machines because then I have to drag out my laptop.

#5420 7 years ago

Thanks Waddle, I looked for it and I couldn't find it. Going back to Khabbi's comment, I totally agree that this game sucks when watching the video. I had a few things to do this morning and as I was getting my haircut all I could think of was coming back to my house and playing another game.

#5437 7 years ago

I don't get Fawzma's directions on his site. I don't want to right click and format the existing SD card in the machine do I? If not, why does it not make it more clear to NOT do that. These directions are much clearer:

http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/PinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions..jpg

No where in the Spooky instructions does it say I have to format my SD card. So why would I want to do it now? Why can't I just add the beta code to my SD card per the instructions?

I'm not messing with this until it's on Spooky's site.

#5440 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Yes, you do want to format the card.
Download Fawzma's zip file, quick format your card, and then extract the contents of the zip file to your card. Then put the card in your game, hold down the second little blue button from the right, and then power on the game while holding down that button. Once the update countdown starts you just wait for it finish and then bam, done.

OK perfect thanks. Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks again for letting me and others know how easy it is.

#5443 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You have to format the Sd cards, deleting or overwriting files on them will cause problems.
If the spooky site doesn't say to format, and I think it does (there is a format screenshot). I'll update the spooky site to stress the format process. This could explain some odd behavior that's been reported recently.

OK makes total sense. It wasn't you, it's just that both seem to contradict what you do. I was pretty concerned because I didn't want to brick my board.

OK, now back to see if I can blow this fuse again. It hasn't blown in at least 30 games with probably 40-50 trips into the VUK.

#5447 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Okay, I was bored and put up a market ad. Please don't kill me
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36510

It's the next BBB so hopefully no one flames you. After playing it and knowing the quantities, it's definitely in that $12-13K range.

#5450 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Rob Zombie I'm really not loving,

Really surprised by this, I think it's one of the most fun, original machines I've ever played.

#5470 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Give waddle a break.

I don't get it either. $6,500 is NOT a life changing amount of money.However, in this case it would definitely benefit the OP's business. I'm always fascinated about the opinions that guys like Waddle should have backed out and gotten their deposit back. It's not like he's just flipping it the day he got it NIB. He played it, didn't like it, and is now selling it.

There will be a thread 2 years from now saying: "Man, I should have jumped on that $13K RZ while I had the chance."

#5497 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jeez people. If you have the game and like the game, keep it. If you have the game and don't like the game, sell it. How is RZ different than any other pin we all (presumably) own? We buy when we want something and we sell when we don't.
These are just high prices toys. Some people collect cars. Some collect coins. We collect pin games. Chill out and have some fun!
Jaz

Amen brother.

2 weeks later
#5579 7 years ago

UGH, I screwed up in putting in the new code I guess and now the DMD just says "RAM0"

Any ideas?

#5590 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Also, make sure the data cable from the cpu to the display is plugged in on the display. On mine the cable is too short to have the display panel lay flat so I have to unplug it. I forgot to plug it back in and it showed "ram0".

Definitely a good idea so I tried it thanks. Unfortunately, did not work but worth a try.

#5617 7 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

I use a mac and it worked perfect, just follow the directions, if you skip a step it will give you an error.

I'm positive I did not delete the entire contents until "after" I put the card in the machine and tried again after it was already bricked. Since I do not have a SD card reader in my PC, my Surface, nor my work laptop, I'm assuming it's OK to go ahead and buy a USB to SD reader for $10 or so? I just don't feel like ruining another board.

#5625 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Nevermind found them, hidden in those black covers. Still curious on the cause of these fuses blowing, seems a common problem occurring for a lot of people.

They are very easy to replace and I don't typically like to work on machines. However, I'm getting better and better each day working on them and aren't as afraid to pull up the playfield to figure out what's wrong.

As for the fuse, which fuse is blowing? If it's the far left fuse (looking at the board from the player's view) then that is the fuse most are having issues with. I can positively say 100% that my knocker was causing that fuse to blow. Otherwise, I've had zero fuse issues.

3 weeks later
#5835 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

As of V012, infected mode will be disabled all together till I get to the bottom of this.

I already had infected mode on the last 3 updates. I didn't erase my SD properly and my board got infected! #RAM0

4 weeks later
#6159 7 years ago

My center ramp is not registering points, any suggestions? I just noticed this recently as of the last code and am kind of bummed out about it. Any advice before I contact Charlie would be great.

Thanks

#6165 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Did you check the switch ?

Yea, I freaking give up. Now it's giving me a missing ball issue as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggbert52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=eggbert52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.