Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just curious but before you were given the honor of programming this game, what was your experience playing pinball?
- I just knew you had to keep the balls above the flippers
Were you familiar with typical "mode" rules and scoring strategies?
- I was no expert that's for sure. While I waited for the machine to be ready, I did my research.
How fast did you have to come up to speed?
- Hours to a day maybe , I was handed the AMH code that night and was back the next day or day after doing tests.
Or did Spooky pretty much hand you the rules they wanted to see and anything extra you thought of you could add?
- I have main rules, then I'm injecting what I think the game should due based on the layout.

I'm so torn by this. I trust Ben and Charlie to mediate it all, BUT:
A "newbie" doing the programe may introduce some factors that could annoy us all
BUT and "newbie" doing this may revolutionize the way we play/think about the way it should be played.

So nervous..................................

4 months later
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

12pm Friday EST reveal = 4 am Saturday Morning in Australia.
I guess I can give up all hope of keeping up with this thread after that.

3am in Queensland! Think my wife would object if I just took the laptop to bed?

#2058 3 years ago

At least 1 will be coming to Australia!

#2752 3 years ago

That's what I like to see. With a modest collection of a dozen or so machines, I want each one to be different or it's just taking up space. This machine is unlike my others, so paypal is now activated (don't have a cheque to send, sorry). Looking forward to seeing how Jack plays it during the stream - I appreciate this sample was not particularly focused on "skill and scoring" strategies. Nice work spooksters - job well done. (PS - didn't even notice the playfield art and not just because of the angle - too much going on to stop and think)!

#2795 3 years ago

This is how we reacted in Australia to the game play video:

tumblr_ly415u2FyO1qzpwi0o1_500_thumb[3].jpg

3 weeks later
#3640 3 years ago

I am a AMH buyer given the chance for RZLE or Standard, but chose standard as I am not a huge fan of his music as I'm sure some others are. Love the theme, the originality, and don't mind the films, but thought it would be better if a true fanatic had the chance to grab the LE. I don't think you can ever equate LE extra pricing to the BOM costs. I have 3 LE sterns and they are not worth that much more than the premiums re additional money - you are paying for earlier arrival and bling if you have the spare cash.

1 week later
#3802 3 years ago

Just watched House of 1000 corpses last night - wow.

I tend to watch all video-related games again before I get the game (have Congo, JM, IJ, WOZ of course and others). Fun to hear the call-outs after watching the films. I just hope that annoying giggle of Sheri's doesn't make it into the game too much!

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Watched the Devil's Rejects last night again! wow

I like that film better - much slicker production, and even more disturbing characters. What great acting by entire family.

#3806 3 years ago

Really? In 1000 corpses? She was fantastic in Devil's Rejects, just a bit shrill in 1000 for me. Did prefer the outfit at Pussy Liquor store though..........

#3831 3 years ago

Breakfast with Deadflip! 9 am Saturday morning, perfect for Australia.

#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah you're F ed.
I've got 3 girls, 21, 16 and 14. My man cave, pins and beer bottle vending machine is how i maintain sanity.

This seems to be a surprising demographic for this game. Three girls at my place 6,9,12. Headphone kit mandatory as it will stay on adult mode. Lorenzo - get to work!

#3980 3 years ago

DMD animations are not a concern. They don't tend to stand and watch the game when someone else is playing - they are usually on the arcade game or driving machine. It's just the random F bombs that would be yelled out (which I think is great and appropriate for this game) that would make them think their mother was trying to get them do some housework/homework!

#4011 3 years ago

What a great diverse group our little Rob Zombie family turns out to be!

image_(resized).jpg

#4022 3 years ago

Deep blood red sound perfect

#4107 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shots fired!!
rd

Hey RD - can you get KT to airfreight one over for Pincade to we can all do a comparison - please?

#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

RZ won't make Pincade but AMH may ... Depends on the freight companies.
You coming over again for Pincade?
rd

Yes, making the journey with a few Queenslanders - a few first timers as well. Hugh sensory overload last year, amazing collections by all. This year, more concentration on comps and booze. AMH will sort out the group I'm sure.

1 month later
#4387 3 years ago

Main difference - one is available, the other isn't!

1 month later
#4664 3 years ago

Plastic pallets please for us down under!

3 months later
#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

#67 is un-boxed and playing. Having a blast with it so far.

People complain of the playfield art - then I see this. Sure the cab is a work of art, but I think the focus on Rob's face between flipper and the overall darkness is perfect for the theme. People have been spoiled by Met and GB bright art, which are perfect for those games, but for this game, simple play field art and "classic" insert fonts are fine.

1 month later
#6174 3 years ago

With current "pinflation" it will be interesting to see how you price it. I bet you still get the greatest "bang for your buck" with the next game though.

#6225 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's the grail of pinball events!
Public announcement regarding 2017 Pincade - it's the 10 year anniversary, it'll be March 2,3,4,5. System11 World Champs will be on Sunday at my place.
Airfares to NZ are dirt cheap at the moment due to United and American Airlines flying here again. And Hawaiian. And Air NZ. So there's a huge price war on. Cheapest time ever to come.
rd

Gary Stern was the special guest last year, how about we get Kayte to tranquilise Charlie and fly him over for the meet?

4 months later
#7149 2 years ago

Got mine last week, and in love with it.

Are the two "x" targets on the right above the upper sling in use yet?

Modes are great, CHOP is so original. Thanks spooky and David for everything so far.

2 weeks later
#7320 2 years ago

Just noticing that if you are in a mode such as Dead city Radio, and you trap the ball, all the "indicator" lights go off. If you are just learning the rules, can be off-putting. Happens with most ball traps too. Is it necessary?

#7370 2 years ago

What do others think about Living Dead Girl mode? I played in a tournament this weekend, was well behind on ball 3, started LDG add a ball, trapped one on the right flipper and then just his jackpot on the Dragula ramp over and over etc. Caught up, won the game, but seemed a little unfair. Should there be a limit on the jackpot shots? I know you can do a similar thing on scared stiff, but interested in others thoughts. The machine held up well with over 30 comp games - and a ton of social ones too!

1 month later
#7851 2 years ago

Looking forward to this! I hear on the latest Slam Tilt podcast they mentioned the problem with modes that allow continuous Jackpot scoring - especially holding with the right flipper and continually hitting the center ramp with the left. I tend to do this in living dead girl if behind in a tournament. I know we discussed it and I think it was agreed to move the Jackpot shot after a certain number of hits to prevent this.

2 weeks later
#8036 2 years ago

Thanks for all the hard work, looking forward to the update - making a great game even better!

#8068 2 years ago

For RZSI fans, we posted this today. Just a bit of Daddy/Daughter competition.

#8070 2 years ago

Yep, one large post and rubber missing from that side - whoops! You can see it clearly on my video on 5:24

1 week later
#8176 2 years ago

Has anyone made some nice decals for the 1,2,3 and LDG targets? Just looking at those bare red standups and wouldn't mind something on them.

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I found these awhile ago!

That's what I need - do you know the source?

#8218 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

eBay : Top notch target shields
I can only find them by searching eBay for Rob Zombie target decals. I could not find link to copy and paste for you sorry. If you have trouble I could order and have sent to your address. PM me if you have any probs.

Found them, thanks. Not sure I should spend what will turn out to be $40 for them. Maybe I can pick up a set at Pinburgh in a couple of months. Thanks for the heads up though.

1 week later
#8282 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Does anoyone have a video or pictures on the proper way to lift this playfield and keep it in the upright position? I looked on youtube and found videos and a lot referenced a kickstand which this does not have. How do you keep it up without it falling or damaging anything? I did lift it it just seems like what i was doing was incorrect. Thanks in advance.

You lift ti by lifting the front - sliding the whole thing forward until it stops, then lifting all the way up and resting it gently back on the head box. It will be at an angle that stops if from falling forwards then. There is no kickstand - those things are on older games and were terrible.

1 week later
#8409 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes improvements to the animations are part of this as well.
Been working on this for seven days straight now feel like my brain is going to slide out of my head...

Bring back the "coin-slot" animation that Charlie thought was over the top!

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Link?
Sounds good.

iTunes spooky pinball podcast, or on Stitcher or directly from their website

2 weeks later
#8500 2 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Has anyone come up with a mod for the ends of the ramps to keep the balls from bouncing out? I was thinking a pair of skills or something mounted over them on the exits

Never had that problem on mine. Just loosen the nut holding the ramp exit on the slings and adjust the exit point directly over the inlane and it should never bounce out.

2 weeks later
#8737 2 years ago

Love the new code - even though I only got one game in before work today. So much deeper - got thorough 5 modes completed (always happens when you just want the one "quick" game") and saw a ton of new stuff. Had one "hang-up" during 1k Corpses - all ball drained, didn't recognize, didn't go into a ball search at all - did a manual relaunch of a ball through the door, then it started to full multiball again. All trough switches worked fine for the rest of the game. Probably a "one-off" thing.

Thanks to you all for the great update!

3 months later
#9322 2 years ago

Hi David, finally got around to v21 and I'm having the double ball kick out every time too. Can we get a copy of the update to prevent this please? Thanks

#9328 2 years ago

Ball kick out feature fixed, thanks for the speedy response yet again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dendoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside