Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7790 2 years ago

Just bought my spot for #294! I'm super pumped to get this thing! Played about a dozen games on location and was instantly hooked

#7804 2 years ago

Interested to see more of this mod. Damn you guys and developing cool stuff

#7875 2 years ago

I would agree in the few number of games that I've played that LDG is quite easy to start. Maybe the first time could be just hitting the stand ups the required amount of times.

Maybe to restart it again raise the number of hits to the stand ups which would light LDG but wouldn't start unless you shoot the right orbit. That would certainly add some difficulty to it!

As a side note when upgrading the lighting what are the opinions of the pinstadium kit vs. the pinball refinery UV kit?

#7887 2 years ago

My RZ isn't even completed yet and it's killing me. Supposed to be finished end of April to early May. I think the wait is literally killing me

#7891 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

How long ago did you order it?

I purchased #294 from a pinsider who wanted out from underneath it so he could fund a AFMr. Scheduled to be completed in the next 2-3 weeks

#7906 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've ordered a lighting kit from Pinstadium

Did you get the flasher add on? If so what color did you go with? I was thinking about getting red. The owner said the UV + glow looked great on this machine though. Wouldn't mind seeing video or pictures of it when you get it installed

#7951 2 years ago

Damn RD! That's an awesome score! Still loving the game so far?

#7958 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Are there any left from Spooky?

The website claims to have a few left. I would send a messsge them a message if interested.

#7967 2 years ago

Spooky minions keeps turning those wrenches. I need #294!

#7975 2 years ago

I sent Charlie an email about a week ago concerning some potential call outs that's that I thought should be included. He replied back letting me know I should be happy when they get to the massive update this summer. No specifics were given but it does show the dedication to getting the code polished up and making this game a true beast.

I'm totally on board for a mini wizard mode and the stacking ability. That's one of the great things with TWD is not only is it a tough game but the added thinking aspect of how to most effectively to use your stacks and multipliers makes it that much more fun.

I seriously would like to give a big shout out to those that bailed on this game and allowed to to get a spot! The game is already fun and will be awesome once completely finished.

#8002 2 years ago

What would make you believe that scorin tweaks aren't on the table? I think Fawzma is taking all suggestions and will adjust accordingly. Unlike Stern if Spooky doesn't take the concerns of their customers seriously they may not be around long. In my short experience with them they've been awesome!

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Have we hit the 270's yet? 290's are so close I can taste it!

I inquired about mine yesterday (294). Charlie confirmed that they are in the last batch but not yet to mine but VERY close

#8084 2 years ago

This is going to be a pretty substantial update! Awesome news for sure. As well a what was called a "massive update" this summer will certainly add some more polish and fine tuning of the modes I'm sure. Great job Spooky crew!

#8096 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Played Hobbit yesterday and it was an interesting comparison to RZ.
The game looks more cutting edge than anything else out there. The screen is awesome with all the HD footage etc. The sound is awesome. The information on the screen is complex for sure.
The game is immersive but, but, the playfield feels too big for the design and while playing you miss so much that is on the screen. The code is so deep that you need to be prepared for a very long game to progress. And ball times are long.
Compare to RZ with it's brutal gameplay, and simplicity, and a fairly basic screen.
Very different games but already I prefer RZ to Hobbit as it feels more like 'pure pinball' , compared to a long game of chess like pinball on the Hobbit.

I'm with you on your comparison. I've played a lot of games on the hobbit and have had some fun but it's mostly just ok. The playfield is rather barren in my opinion. For the longest time I stayed clear of woz just based on theme but damnit that game is fun and good looking. One day I think I would like one sitting next to my RZ. What a strange and combo that would be lol

#8142 2 years ago

All these great code ideas are making my pants tight

#8145 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back.

That dude needs to get his act together! A five minute wait is uncalled for! His shits in the street with customer service. Hopefully everyone saw the sarcasm in that lol.

The customer service that they show is second to none and is why I'll continue to support them. Well and the fact they put out some pretty good games

#8153 2 years ago

Rotor Daves advice for pinball is how I choose to live my life as a whole. You just have to cradle your balls and shoot a lot!

#8190 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Thank you - i'll watch these.
How many people do you think I need for lifting and coordinating getting the legs on?

I'd put the front legs on and sit it on those. From there you can life the back and let it rest on your leg or some other object to get the back legs on. This worked like a champ for me.

#8225 2 years ago

From Fawzma games Facebook account

"Working on getting Infected Mode back into RZ now"

#8243 2 years ago

Hell yeah man enjoy it! I've been told I'm about 2 weeks from mine shipping! Seriously more anxious than a kid for Christmas. Especially since Fawzma is currently killing this next code update with some awesomeness!

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

It plays really well - i have some kind of issue with the robot that i'm trying to troubleshoot

Not moving?

#8247 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Correct - even when i test it in the menu.

Possible bad servo or maybe a loose wire. I'd hit up Charlie with an email and I bet he will get back with you fairly quickly. They have a YouTube video on how to replace the servo. Maybe take a peek at that and take it apart to make sure connectors didn't wiggle loose in shipping.

#8253 2 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Isn't she a little young to be drinking a PBR?

Drinking PBR is an inalienable right of every American regardless of age

#8275 2 years ago

The idea of earning a multiball that carries a multiplier sounds awesome!

#8295 2 years ago

It's neat but I don't feel that neat. I'd probably look at it just as much as the DMD in all honesty. I think I'll just keep that $300 in my account building for my next pin

#8307 2 years ago

Ok originally hearing $300 and what video I've seen I figured I could do without. However it sounds like some more coolness could be in the works. Head to head? Like internet connectivity and playing against other owners?

#8325 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Yes v20 and on. unless you want it to simple rotate the instruction cards.

I know you're stupid busy with everything but could you elaborate more on your idea on head to head and sensors?

#8335 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

What's to stop your opponent from just playing with the glass off?

Hopefully a burning desire not to be a douche.

#8344 2 years ago

I really hope the effort is put into the online play. I'd love to be in my basement battling other RZ owners!

#8346 2 years ago

Online head to head play would be the feature to put this game over the top. As much as I like playing dialed in the whole controlling the flippers via cell phone is lame. If this happens I can see others modding other things to help integrate the online play such as voice chat so you can talk smack back and forth

#8348 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Bangerjay had 2 trons next to each other and he had the gem switch on each game hooked into the tilt of the other so when you hit the gem shot on your game you tilted the other player out . Something like this would be cool so your play could have a negative effect on the person you are playing against. Would have to have enable/disable option though I am sure not everyone would like this.

Ok that's pretty awesome

#8375 2 years ago

The new callouts were great. The lightning lighting was cool. Saw a few new dots that looked good. The intro to "what" is cool but i wonder if it will get old quickly.

I wish that when you cashed out a jackpot it showed the value.

Overall it looks like some good stuff added and can't wait to see what else they put in!

#8379 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I have been told the current updates are just the tip of the iceberg. And that we won't believe what we haven't seen yet! Ben, Charlie, David and David are working on it all week.
Brad

That's awesome news! When I first saw it the playfield seemed a bit lacking. However after playing it on location it was super fun and forced my hand into buying one. Now the team is in full code completion mode and it's great to see. I know great things are on the way and I can't wait

#8386 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The best games use intermittent re-inforcement which is THE most powerful re-inforcer for the brain.

So you're saying this game needs more tits right. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant

#8416 2 years ago

Just listened to the podcast as well and I'm seriously pumped for not only my game to ship and for this update to drop!

#8430 2 years ago

Any chance of getting an update on the code changes that occurred during the "9 day code update of justice"?

#8477 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

David and I put my apron mod (someone has to be the guinea pig!) in last night at SFGE. It's got some steps involved to install but nothing too crazy. It's wicked cool and so is V20 but as expected some bugs with both, not the end of the world. He/they are on it.
I feel strongly that any early seller that sold due to code is going to regret it.

Awesome news! Mine ships next week and I couldn't be more pumped to get it.

#8479 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Have we settled on a price yet? My game is still at Spooky and I might want it put with it for the long trip to Australia

Mod is supposed to cost $300 + shipping

1 week later
#8523 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is the sneak attack?

-removed-

#8529 2 years ago

Speaking of new code anyone heard any rumors on when to expect it?

#8531 2 years ago

Withhold code update to sell mods. Now that's genius! I kid I kid

#8535 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Not taking mass orders, only those willing to wait till the main piece shows up so I can ship.
So many things have changed I stopped tracking them. Last check was in the 150 range for fixes/changes.
This will be worth the wait, and this isn't the last update

You good sir are making me a happy RZ owner! Mine just arrived yesterday and I'm hoping to unbox tonight and play a ton so I can really appreciate all the changes.

#8538 2 years ago

So I got my game unboxed and played several games and I'm happy with my purchase and had alit of fun with the machine. Current code is quite buggy but with an update hopefully real soon this should take care of a lot of problems.

Only issue that I'm really noticing is that the right living dead girl target takes a really good hit to activate. The left switch works normal. What's an easy way to adjust thins so it activates a bit easier. Could it be the foam they placed behind the target interfering a little?

#8541 2 years ago

I thought I was getting 294 but mine was labeled 295 when I received it

#8548 2 years ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Huh. I'm supposed to be 295.

Yeah I didnt even notice until I was cleaning up all the shipping materials that mine was listed as 295. I was under the assumption that I was 294. Not sure what happened or if it really matters. If you happen to get shipped 294 it should also have all factory mods.

#8550 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I will be opening tonight. Originally was 292 but outside tag shows 293. I'm excited no matter what the number is.
-Mike

Make sure you don't need to be up early for anything the following day or just be prepared to do whatever you have to do dog ass tired! I got mine all set up around 9pm and played past midnight.

The game is super fun and kicks your ass! I couldn't resist hitting the start button. Also awesome because we both just received ours and the new code is on the horizon. I hear it is a substantial update and they still have atleast one more update they plan to complete

#8552 2 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I just got 292, but I thought I was 295. Originally was 90, but traded down last year to buy time. I am trying to sell before I open it for only what I have into. If it doesn't sell in about a year, I will just keep it to play. I did not want to be one of the pre-orders that bailed on Chuck after GB and other shiny new titles came out.

I am amazed at your patience. No way I could just have a pin hanging out a box for potentially a year. Doubt I'd make a week.

#8560 2 years ago

Crack it open man! I'm on day 3 of ownership and I feel it's a blast to play. Looking forward to new code though. The game is tough as hell for me. If i get through a couple modes a game I feel accomplished. It's a punisher if you don't no make your shots.

And it just looks cool as hell!

#8566 2 years ago

I saw an LE not long ago go for $5600 or $5700. But for this title not really a big deal as the changes were merely cosmetic and I personally like the standard back glass more.

#8579 2 years ago

Spooky website has a V20 download link right not but a broken link at the moment. So must not be much longer before this thing goes live!

#8581 2 years ago

RD is always in the know!

#8583 2 years ago

Eagerly refreshing page..

lol glad im not the only one

#8584 2 years ago

oh damn its live.

#8590 2 years ago

Infected mode is fun as hell!

#8593 2 years ago

Yeah mine is the same way. Had to select modes by looking at the playfield. With infected mode on it only showed which modes had been completed. I also had several times where multiple things were happening at once and the DMD was lagging behind or display the information in a weird way that was barely readable.

Overall the sounds and other things were nice. As I said before I really like the "infected" mode. Once all the code is finished I can see maybe another video from Charlie explaining all the rules and how they are initiated and completed.

On the topic of the DMD I love the fact that its color, however, I wish the images were of higher resolution. Many of them look very pixelated 8-bitish. Is this the look that they are going for or a hardware issue. Any plans to later make everything hi res? I have the machine set to Hi Res but only helps a little.

#8610 2 years ago

Are animations staying at the current resolution or will they one day be of higher resolution?

#8651 2 years ago

Fawzma and Charlie putting in work son! You guys are awesome! Keep the goodness coming!

#Spookyfanboy4life

#8656 2 years ago

Solid work deserves to be recognized! Thanks for all you do. A small company surviving where so many others have failed is an awesome story. Not sure how I could help but would one day love to be associated with you guys. Even if it were something as small as taking my game to a show you guys couldn't make. The pinball seen in NE Indiana needs rejuvenated

#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I found changing the post sleeves seemed to make a big difference

What size post sleeves did you use?

#8671 2 years ago

Does the lightning hurry up increase in value each time it is collected? I've only managed to hit it once in a game. Cool little add on though.

Also while playing today I had the drop target down and then hit the ball into murder ride and it awarded me a lock. So maybe a little bug there too

#8675 2 years ago

Once code is complete one thing that would be awesome to see is the DMD with higher resolution images. I briefly spoke with Fawzma about the possibility of this and it seems it's possible but a mod would need built for it. I'm certain a lot of work would also be involved on the animation and more coding but would anyone else want to see this happen?

#8687 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="
Higher resolution isn't going to happen on Rob Zombie...

Damnit!

#8693 2 years ago

This new code is super fun! All the new sounds and objectives are awesome. Can't stop playing.

#8720 2 years ago

3 million jackpot on What! How is that achieved? Yeah it you cash that out an awesome call out should follow

#8740 2 years ago

Earlier I completed dragula and shit left orbit to go to video mode upon completion the mode select music played but didn't give me the option to select a mode. The DMD just read "completed" then seconds later the VUK ejected the ball before ball search happened. Once the ball came down from the upper playfield normal play resumed.

#8756 2 years ago

Dang 115mil! I just got my machine a week ago and best I've seen is 12 mil...I'm terrible. When I played the game on location I put up 23 mil and logged the GC on it.

Game is completely different for sure...in a good way. Hopefully a rule sheet will be in the works once code is complete.

I've managed to build 2 robots in a game. Is their a magic number to build? If so, once built what is the next objective?

#8766 2 years ago

updating this game is pretty easy.

#8775 2 years ago

Yeah I thought Spooky minute was just something the machine would do at midnight in attract mode. So I basically just sat and watched my machine do nothing....I felt really dumb. So you actually have to be in a game for it to happen?

#8790 2 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

I've had nothing but problems with this code. I've download it a few times and follow the directions step by step and every time it loads successfully. When shooting to the VUK the ball just sits there and it does a ball check, but now the ball check isn't working right. I go in to test mode and VUK switch and coil works perfect. I can do any modes making the game unplayable.

What OS are you using on the computer used to download the code?

1 week later
#8871 2 years ago

Blew the damn VUK fuse tonight. So it looks like majority of them are 3A slow blow. Another was a 3A fast blow and the GI appeared to be a 1A slow blow. Does that all sound correct to everyone? I assume these are the 1 1/4" fuses?

#8876 2 years ago

Pinball life order completed. I now habe enough to last for awhile! Thanks for the help everyone

#8881 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What does collecting robots do? I love the feature but probably haven't collected enough to see if it's just more than points.
Also, anyone know if Rob Zombie (the actual person) updated his game? I'm curious if he understood how or if he even cares.

I was curious about the robots as well so I popped the glass off and tossed the ball around. I built 10 and it didn't start another mode. I'm guessing it was added to make you feel like you were accomplishing something when hitting certain switches as opposed to a random number of points being added. Now you get said points with noises and animations. I like it but like you was curious if building so many triggered another mode which so far it doesn't seem to

#8884 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Robots are for later

There Fawzma goes again leaving us all in wait for his next awesome addition to the game! So glad I was able to get one of these. Super fun game. I just wish I was better

#8889 2 years ago

I hope you can get the infected mode sorted out. I played it once the night rev 20 dropped and managed to complete it. I thought it was super fun. Might even be cool if you got it to work to reverse the flippers or some othe funky stuff.

#8901 2 years ago

I also think that the infected mode triggering after a second failed attempt at a mode would be good. But also keeping it for attempting a mode you've previously completed would be neat as well.

More mini wizard modes would be cool. I have little hope of ever getting to hell bound.

#8906 2 years ago

Let's talk about the real downfall of this game. It needs more boobs! In fact I don't even care about the score just leaves boobs permanently on the DMD lol

#8917 2 years ago

I've ran into my display going wonky a couple times and normally with it follows the call outs and animations generally are lagging behind the switch hits

#8940 2 years ago

Reached my highest ever on HO1K collecting 859! It was such an intense multiball! Love this game!

Now I've gotta go stack cash for TNA! Damn those Spooky people for making such fun games

#8946 2 years ago

So I think my RZ was made with Houdini influences. Twice now it has made a ball disappear. The first time I found the ball trapped under the upper playfield in between some ball guides. I had to used a little magnetic reach tool to get it out. Last night I had people over and at some point in the night a friend told me that a ball was missing from the game. Sure enough the trough only had 6. I can't find the other ball anywhere.

Anyone else have this happen and where did you find it? I've seen balls get stuck in the slings but it's not there. Really confusing

#8950 2 years ago

It's not in the VUK nor in the base of the cabinet. I'm assuming it's buried somewhere under the upper playfield. Which happened once and I found it. Not in that same place this time though

#8953 2 years ago

When you hit both of those blue x targets it triggers the lightning hurryup. You've got 20 seconds to shoot for the VUK to collect it. It starts @ 250,000

#8956 2 years ago

Mystery of the lost ball was solved last night. It somehow wedged itself under the upper playfield in between the empty space of the ball guides. Not sure how the hell that happens. It's done it twice now. I could only see it if I put the playfield in the full up position and shined a light back in that area. Luckily I had a magnetic reach tool I could retrieve it

#8960 2 years ago

I know V20 hasn't been out all that long but I'm still way excited to see this code wrapped up and complete. I'm sure majority of the final update will be the bug fixed to the issues we are having now, but I hope to see a few new additions to the code as well. I'm guessing it will be a little while before we see it with all that spooky has going on right now

#8963 2 years ago

This game is an ass kicker for sure but it is pretty fun. I've yet to obtain a score better than 17 million. Clearly I'm not a great player so this leaves so much of this machine yet to explore and attempt to complete.

Just the other night I was finally able to complete American Witch & G. Ober. Not in the same game but finally achieved both of those.

RZ takes quite a bit of bashing on the forums it seems and I think a lot of it is unwarranted. Is the layout different ABSOLUTELY but I think that is an advantage. Are the orbits easy to hit no, but as I've been playing the game more I feel I've gotten better at them.

My Fish Tales has all but been forgotten as of now. Really thinking of selling it to free up some cash for TNA. While I've not ever been able to play it the game looks fun to play Along with the killer sounds and light show have me pumped.

Damn you Spooky for continuing to make fun games that are of quality and at a price that hasn't really seen a significant price increase since you've began this crazy journey. So far I love this company! My Wife not so much as I keep talking about my RZ and now TNA

#8967 2 years ago

Magnetic reach tool is a must!

1 week later
#8983 2 years ago

RD release the secrets you know about the code....

#8993 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The game works great with a real knocker.

Thinking about making the knocker my next add on. Works pretty good though?

Or hell can we get an annoying screech like Stern games? Completely joking with that suggestion

#9002 2 years ago

fawzmagames with the next update will it just be bug fixes or can we expect some more goodies?

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

version 21 is bug fixes + hellbound
Thing I need to add still
Implement the new score system
Needs more light/sfx drama

More lighting/Sfx drama sounds awesome!

#9008 2 years ago

Loving the fact that it appears the "core" of the game is present and we are approaching the fine tuning to bring out all the goodness

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

what about RZ mystery awards? Build a robot for a mystery award shot. Or hit the hurry up for a mystery award. I feel any help on starting a mode or extra ball would be great in this game.

That could be fun!

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Robots are for hellbound.

I'll never get to use my robots

#9042 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

When low score comes up for initials, I just hit the left button once to select end and it automatically puts "daf". At least that's pretty quick.

I do the same thing

#9064 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Btw. Is the liquor shot coded yet?

Liquor shot? You mean spamming my the ramp 6 times then shooting right orbit? It should start G Ober. Assuming you are on V20

#9080 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep , I am very much addicted to this game . It gives me a glimmer of hope and then crushes me . And I love it for that . It makes having a great game on Rob Zombie is very rewarding .

Same here. I completed 4 modes the other day on my first game and felt I was gonna have a good session. Very next game I scored under 1 million.

Game is an ass kicker but a damn fun one. Can't wait to see everything else we have in store to round this game out code wise.

#9085 2 years ago

For whatever reason I combo'd the right orbit on several occasions last night. Better to be lucky than good I suppose

#9098 2 years ago

I'm certain this is already noted but when I'm playing in a multi ball and drain both simultaneously with the ball save light flashing a lot of times it will only kick out one ball and end the multiball. Is this a product of how the trough is set up?

#9104 2 years ago

I see your point on "ball save" vs "balls saved" it just different from all other machines I've played. Typically any drain happening while ball save is lit will be returned to the playfield during multiball

#9140 2 years ago

Man I hope one of you guys can hook us up with some video soon. It would be awesome to see its functionality as of now which I'm sure will continue to improve over time

#9143 2 years ago

Can't wait to see the video. I've got a feeling i'll be getting one of these....

1 week later
#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Have any of you guys installed a Pinstadium kit on RZ? Was thinking of doing it with either the red flasher or the UV ones and wanted to see if anyone had opinions on what looked good

I'm currently impatiently waiting on my kit. I ordered the UV + glow flasher option. I was in the pre order batch so it shouldn't be much longer

#9188 2 years ago

Last night I played for a couple hours and began playing solely focused on HO1K. After multiple failed attempts I switched to modes trying to complete as many as possible.

The different ways this game can be approached makes it super fun. V20 was a huge leap in the software and from his posts it seems like he's got some more ideas to make the game that much better.

Also I've not seen the double eject show up while playing the beta v21

#9193 2 years ago

American Witch haha - that right orbit is pure evil.

Ive completed it ONCE then immediately drained mid celebration dance

1 week later
#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The next version to come will be dedicated to an "instant info" type screen when you hold the flippers. I finally have a system worked out that doesn't screw everything up.

Also included will be another video mode, 2 mini wizards modes, 153 more call outs, and more lighting effects right fawzmagames?

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Infected is turned on, but I can’t seem to activate. I thought if you started a mode, didn’t finish it, started it again, didn’t finish it again, then Infected would start. What am I missing? Also, are there custom dots or sounds for Infected?

Infected triggered by completing a mode then starting the same mode again and failing it. However I really like the idea of it being triggered by a second failed attempt of a mode

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m sure we’ll all find something we don’t agree on with V69.

We still have 48 more updates ahead of us! That's awesome news lol. I can't wait
to see what Fawzma comes up with

#9285 2 years ago

I like those apron cards nice job!

1 week later
#9301 2 years ago

That's pretty cool! I really wish it were a spinner with some sort of meniacal laugh as the sound

1 week later
#9327 2 years ago

I've yet to have the 2 ball issue on the most recent v21. It however won't retain my high res DMD settings. Every time the machine is turned off the next you turn it on the DMD will be back to round dots. Irritating.

2 weeks later
#9358 2 years ago

Haha that's awesome

#9372 2 years ago

Here is how I have my pinstadium lights set to right now. Still gives it a dark/Spooky look

IMG_1357 (resized).JPG

#9391 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Followed the procedure loading the beta code from FawzmaGames
and when prompted to restart, I get a bump bump sound repeats every 5 seconds, won’t boot. Can’t get a prompt to try and fall back to 2.1. What can I do?

I've got the beta code loaded and it worked fine. Confirm you formatted your SD card and unzipped the new code? What type of computer did you use (windows, Mac)?

#9398 2 years ago

I've had no issues as of yet

1 week later
#9402 2 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

I'm still on v20 myself. Mostly because I don't want my scores cleared out yet. Anyone know a way to port them between versions?

I don't think you can save them. Just upgrade and enjoy the bug fixes and new content as it comes.

#9411 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

still running 19, gonna get the 22. sounds awesome.

Bro you in the stone ages. Update immediately

#9414 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What does the 3rd option mean, you get infected if you fail a mode even the first time? I think a lot of people (myself included) were hoping it would kick in if you failed a mode you had already failed.
If it's after any fail I'll have to try it, but it seems like we'll be getting a lot of reversed flippers. Seems like it will be too much, but at least we know we'll get to see it.

If you want your game to be a real ass kicker set it to that option.

#9418 2 years ago

More usernames adjustments sound awesome. Can 10 ball be an option? I’m gonna need that if I ever want to get to hellbound

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Spooky's FB page showed a couple gameplay photos from V22 testing, I am seeing some new dots!

I saw that as well. Hopefully it’s more boobies & more crude callouts!

#9447 2 years ago

I really just want to hear, " Super F*cking Jackpot"

#9465 1 year ago

So I’m assuming that this means the apron mod will contain no gameplay features?

#9467 1 year ago

From a Facebook post Spooky was calling the code complete minus any bugs.

#9480 1 year ago

I think Rotor Dave needs to get some video of himself working this machine over. I played for close to 2 hours last night and best I got was 17 mil

#9484 1 year ago

Zero issues for me with ball loading issues so far and haven’t adjusted any coil strength besides the VUK.

#9494 1 year ago

Anyone else not hearing Rob get pissed if you don’t plunge fast enough. I was on my phone last night during a game and didn’t hear it once. Is that an option I may have accidentally turned off?

#9517 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Just updated!
No issues, except Weird ball trap under rear upper playfield. Their is a deadzone under there. The ball must fly up there and hop a rail and get trapped in a void. I can pull it out with a magnet. Anyone got a fix for that? Or has it happened to them? Code seems good here, no fuse issues etc.
Magicchiz

I’ve had that happen twice. Very odd indeed. I haven’t bothered with attempting a fix as it doesn’t happen often

#9522 1 year ago

Good God RD take it easy on the poor girl!

Isn’t h1kc required along with all other modes to qualify Hellbound?

Please get a video tutorial if you working this machine over

#9526 1 year ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

There was a bug that would let you start HB before ALL modes where completed. That has been fixed.
Enjoy

You’re a jerk! SOME things can be looked past.

#9528 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d still love to see a mini wizard mode finishing H1K, LDG, Red Hot and Murder Ride. As it is, I can only finish a few modes.

I’m with you on this one. I’ve yet to complete h1kc. I once got eight hundred and some change.

I remember the night I finally completed American Witch. After all the failed attempts I felt as though I could conquer the world when Rob yelled MULTIBALL!

This game is brutal as shit yet for some reason I continue to press the start button.

Since I’ve owned this damn thing I’ve had it set on 3 ball and on a couple occasions actually finished 4 modes which for me is damn impressive. Just the other day I finally caved and set the game to 5 ball. Hurt my pride a bit but certainly the only way I’ll ever sniff hellbound.

#9542 1 year ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It is linked. The left drop target has to be down to let the ball go past the uppost.

What about I’m the case of dirty pool. If I slip one past the drop target with enough momentum it comes out the murder ride tunnel. Also it doesn’t seem to recognize the dirty pool either.

I checked in switch edge and it is registering on a slow rolling ball

#9545 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

My robot stopped moving after I updated too

Probably need to replace your servo

#9550 1 year ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Will the graphics ever be updated to allow higher resolution? Even at high density dots, it's really rough.

I asked that question several pages back and the answer is no. From my understanding it’s a hardware issue. Originally the game was not going to have a color display. They added it at no additional cost to the buy (really awesome if them to do so). However I agree that making it truly hi def resolution would be killer!

It can be accomplished. Fawzma has said he could build a mod for the board that would give the board the necessary hardware. However the animations would need redone as well. So at what cost are we willing to pay to get this?

I would love to hear an estimated price. If within reason I’d gladly pay for this upgrade as I feel this is a big negative with the game. We have a color display capable of soooo much more and it isn’t being exploited.

Hopefully enough people would actually purchase if we can convince Spooky it is a worthwhile endeavor.

#9551 1 year ago

Another avenue might be that this could be a side project for Fawzma & David Van Es similar to Fawzmas apron mod. This route may take awhile but could Be possible if both those guys are willing.

I understand that at some point the game needs to be called complete so attention can be given to the other Spooky titles and development of future machines but it just feels like we are leaving something on the table with not fully utilizing the display to its max capability.

#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I totally get the desire for higher resolution, but I also have to say that I really love the homage to classic 8-bit graphics that they loaded up this game with. It takes me right back to my Commodore 64 days every time and personally, I wouldn't want it any other way.
Now let me get my apron mod installed, that could very well change my perspective on the matter...

I thought that way for awhile myself. I then came to the conclusion that if I wanted the 8-bit experience I would just fire up an old console I have stashed in a closet. Some will want it some won't and that's totally fine. I just hope it is an option.

#9559 1 year ago

I have my game set to five ball just completed 5 modes within the first 3 balls. My best achievement in this game yet and still so far away from hellbound. This game is evil as hell!

#9569 1 year ago

Wow! You’re an asshole with that mod! I’m literally never going to save for my next pin with all the cool stuff people are making for this game!

Nice work!

#9579 1 year ago

This mod is really cool! Tough to think about spending another $205 on this then potentially another $330 for Fawzmas apron mod if he adds more cool stuff to that.

In the end im sure my “new Pin” fund will be $550 dollars less due to you assholes creating cool mods for RZ!

I really want to add Walking Dead to my collection one day damnit lol!

Please continue to make cool mods for this game because they continuously get better each time!

#9581 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've been telling myself to design a simpler, cheaper mod (make my mods available to more people), yet I just had to get a wild hair and make my most ambitious mod yet for the most obscure machine

If you’re going to do something may as well make it the best you can. This thing is badass!

1 week later
#9629 1 year ago
Quoted from Kharris:

With the latest code (22) how do you increase the bonus multiplier? When I hit the number 1 target it says hit x more times to get boombox score?

Once you complete Boombox Blast which I believe is like 4 hits it will then start to increase bonus multiplier with each hit

#9641 1 year ago

The living dead girl mod does add a cool factor for visuals. I’m waiting to see what Fawzma has in store for the apron mod. I think he has a lot planned for it just needs the time to work on it. I’ll be holding off on both to see where the apron mod goes and just focus on stacking funds for my next machine.

#9643 1 year ago

I think the apron mod is neat but you’re right at current state isn’t necessary. If/when more is coded to it that would add to the game I’ll consider it.

I’m gonna hold off the LDG mod for awhile as well only because I’m on a good pace of saving up for another machine. It’s cool as hell and I want it but dropping another $200 on RZ isn’t going to help in growing my collection any.

#9669 1 year ago

The black metal looks awesome. Did he include the sticker/magnet on the right or was that something you got elsewhere? Looks great either way!

#9680 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just updated my tunes! Thanks Oga and Habo! It’s like a whole new game.

What did you put in?

#9683 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I blew my shaker fuse, but I’m sure that was a coincidence. Anyone else have that problem?

Mine blew once when I loaded the V22 beta. It was just it’s time I guess

#9685 1 year ago

That’s a great little mod! I’ve had that happen a handful of times and it’s annoying as hell!

#9688 1 year ago

I can’t wait to see what else you are designing for this game. Great work so far

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d recommend a mini-wizard mode when you beat 4 main modes or all the mini-modes.

YES! Gives us a nice little reward for the ball bashing that this game gives those who play it!

#9705 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Collecting 1,000 corpses is pretty tough and not all that exciting when you get there
I'd like some loud screaming and some in your face graphics, (maybe flashing lights ) when you get to 1,000 .

Still haven’t achieved that yet but I do agree it should come with a rewarding graphic, light show, and callout!

3 weeks later
#9737 1 year ago

I’ll have to pay more attention to see if mine does that.

I’m guessing Fawzma is all over it already just swamped with the Alice reveal coming up. He’s been awfully quiet lately on the inter webs.

Once he’s able to catch his breath a bit I’m sure he will drop an update to fix some lingering issues and possibly get more time to further develop his apron mod. I’m holding out for awhile to see how that progresses.

1 week later
#9746 1 year ago

Last night I had my best game of RZ ever completing 8 of the 10 modes. I needed red hot & house of 1k corpses to light hell bound.

What an intense and fun game this was. Mostly I just get my ass kicked but last night I was able to do a little ass kicking!

1 week later
#9753 1 year ago

Hopefully more great call outs to use for this game!

1 month later
#9789 1 year ago

I also agree that having Bowen take a look at any potential issues/content additions would be wise. Especially since atleast 1 update will be needed to finalize the code for bugs.

Maybe all we can hope for at this point is the apron mod to add some goodies. However I’m not too confident on that either with the radio silence on that as well. Time will tell though.

#9793 1 year ago

Well I’m hoping that Bowen is allowed to have a tiny look at RZ and offer some suggestions.

I would love to see a little more content update (I’m greedy I know). After the code is completely finished I better get to see a video of RD blowing up the game as he promised!

#9805 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

RZ will in fact get a pile of bug squashes, and yes... 100% agree that House of 1,000 corpses needs a bit more flair and fixes... MUCH too hard to beat right now. We'll get there. The game has a mountain of content, callouts from 3 people, and is a mile deep. We won't be adding a ton more but we will clean it up.
Patience. Just crazy busy getting Alice ready and we can only tackle so much at once.

You da man Chuck! Your dedication to the Pinball community will be why I’m $6k poorer relatively soon for a TNA!

1 week later
#9816 1 year ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Now that Bowen is working for Spooky on rules is he going to look at RZ too?

No one from spooky has said yes or no. Charlie posted not long ago that the game would be receiving several bug fixes once they get caught up. I'm hoping that Bowen has a few ideas to add to the game. Currently it does have a fairly deep code but it would be awesome if the newest game director for spooky got a crack at it.

#9818 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Sounds like that won't be in the cards, but the game is mostly good as is. The only 100% necessary update is for bug fixing, but I agree House of 1000 Corpses mode needs work to feel right and add some sort of completion flair as previously suggested (perhaps a final collection shot at the inner left orbit to allow the post to catch the ball for an animation sequence).
However, as LDG seems to be the featured mode (it has a center target/toy and will be started by new players far more often [before they even know the left orbit starts modes]), I feel like more should be going on with it. It would be far more exciting to have a more significant end goal of sorts that could be acquired once. Even something as simple as collect "x" jackpots (but not made easy), then having all the left inner orbit lights flash when ready, and as suggested above, having the post stop the ball, light the LDG with a solid light, then an animation and reward (a neat award could be to bring up the mode select screen to pick a [left orbit accessible] mode to light/skip toward Hellbound [Murder a Mode? ]).

I really hope that they allow a fresh set of eyes to take a look at the game and add some more to it seeing how it technically isn't finished yet and atleast 1 more update will be needed to finalize things.

You've really got some next level thinking going on with your idea. I like it! With these types of ideas and your knack for making mods for this game I vote they hire you to get this game to its final level of polish lol.

#9820 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

This already happened last May when David van Es and I spent a week at Spooky helping beef up the modes.

I received my game a month before the big V20 code drop and it was a night & day difference. So much more to the code after you guys got together.

I think they can still squeeze a bit more juice from the orange though. Adding more programmers would help but I understand the constraints.

Overall I’m just greedy and always want more game updates. Still fun as it is but a guy can always hope for for right?

2 weeks later
#9844 1 year ago

Game does have quite a bit of depth to it but no real stacking options that I’m aware of.

What version of code is the machine running? The later versions of code were supposed to address the game loading two balls into the shooter lane.

#9851 1 year ago

I’m running V22 and don’t have the 2 ball issue. Maybe try turning up your shooter coil strength I believe was a suggested fix. Maybe your shooter isn’t getting the ball into the lane quick enough thus prompting another ball to be loaded.

Man medisinyl you are killing it with RZ mods! I will be excited to see what you come up with in the callout department. I also just read an article today that “3 from hell” finished shooting so hopefully we will get more awesomeness in the callout department that could be added later.

1 week later
#9859 1 year ago

Just leave infected off. Cool mode but isn’t utilized in a great way.

#9864 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm still getting the two balls in the shooter lane. I verified all of my switches are where they are supposed to be per the switch matrix and I turned the trough power up to 10, but it's still happening. Anything else to look at?

It’s very strange that only certain machines seem to have this problem. In earlier code I had it happen may 2-3 times. I’m using V22 now and have had zero problems with that.

Have you confirmed you are on the newest code! Maybe formatting the SD card and re-flashing the machine would help? I’d try and reach out to Spooky tech support once again for other ideas.

Hopefully here soon they will have Alice Cooper at a good point and can fully finish the RZ code. Let’s get these bugs squashed and maybe get a couple additions.

4 weeks later
#9874 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Does anyone know whose boobs are on the DMD? Asking for a friend.

Had not thought about that until now.

I’ve mostly been dreaming of Bowen adding some goodies to the code and the apron mod to be developed further.

2 weeks later
#9882 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Have we been given any time frame for when the code will be updated again?

I’ve been thinking about this too, but I don’t think a timeline has been given. I would assume maybe later this summer as Alice code is further along and games are shipping.

Really hope they fix/polish a few more things and fawzma could get back to his apron mod too. I feel like that has potential to add even more depth to the game if he has the time to complete it.

1 week later
#9911 1 year ago

Dear Fawzma,

I really want to add your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I can buy one.

Sincerely,

RZ #295 owner

#9916 1 year ago

Sweet baby Jesus please allow him to have some sweet one liners that can be added to the game!

#9918 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Dear Fawzma,
I have already added your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I no longer regret having bought one.
Sincerely,
RZ owner

He’s definitely getting crushed with the workload with everything. I hope he does find the time and passion to complete the project as many spent a good amount of money for the mod.

#9923 1 year ago

I do trust that we will get another code update to fix/polish and I hope the apron mod gets fully coded before fawzma burns out and splits from the pinball world.

#9926 1 year ago

I’m growing impatient myself. The code really needs to be finalized once and for all and yes I agree and few more features would be awesome.

Hopefully they can code in some final things that really give you that “one more game” feel or else I fear this one will be leaving collection. I’m playing walking dead far more than RZ.

#9935 1 year ago

I’m really hoping they get Alice to an acceptable level for shipping and completely finish off RZ.

#9938 1 year ago

That sucks! Hoping you find an easy solution to this mess.

#9941 1 year ago

In Charlie we trust

#9951 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here’s the 7 pages (!!) of Rob Zombie dissertations for the next Spooky podcast.
rd

Should be an interesting listen. Do you give any suggestions for code/rule enhancements?

#9960 1 year ago

I’ve been two modes away from hell bound and it was a complete rush! Though I had come so far I still had to beat HO1KC & demonoid phenomenon to qualify he’ll bound which is no easy task.

I just wish the game had a mini wizard mode of some sort.

#9963 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I made it to Hell bound once on early code, but it was very anti climatic, as HB was buggy at the time.

I took the glass off and cheated my way to hell bound when it was revisited and cleaned up. It still has an issue or two with bugs and I couldn’t help but feel a bit let down with it.

The game is such as ass kicker and with only 1 wizard mode I was hoping for something really awesome but just didn’t feel like the mode delivered the experience I was hoping for.

Awhile back Charlie had mentioned bringing more excitement to HO1KC when you finish it and I’m hoping that more attention is brought to making the wizard mode even more of an experience.

#9979 1 year ago

I think reverse flippers would be a neat feature. Maybe give an in game option to play a multi ball normal or reversed. If choosing reversed maybe make it a reward if you score a certain number of super jackpots you could get something special such as being spotted a mode completion or a mini wizard mode of Simenon sort

#9987 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I think WOZ has reverse flippers?

Damnit Charlie give Jeff the reverse flippers so he can sleep at night!

3 weeks later
#10020 1 year ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Here is where I'm at,My rob zombie #167 has been a lemon from the start,It has never worked or earned correctly for any amount of time.Losing sound and blanking display being the latest(Made .25 cents this month on location!).I'm at the point where I want to sell/trade and take my losses.I see a few listed in the 5k range,Is that about what they are selling for currently and what I can ballpark expect to get out of mine?I got the last topper available for it brand new in the box still if that matters at all.

That sucks man! I can’t imagine spooky ignoring all these issues if you’ve contacted them. I’ve got #295 and have had no issues. Best of luck with it.

#10026 1 year ago

I had one shaker fuse blow in a year and a half. I was beta testing some code for fawzma and thought it may have been related but it turns out it was just it’s time to go

#10028 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is this a slow or fast acting 5 amp fuse? It's very difficult to see the markings

I believe it was a slow blow but I’m not 100% certain and I’m away from my game for a few days.

4 weeks later
#10053 1 year ago

Well I think they need to get on the RZ code and finish the damn thing. ACNC’s aren’t exactly flying out the door.

#10055 1 year ago