Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago

Im an AMH owner and will probably jump in on this, subject to the PF layout. I do think its a bit unfair mostly all the LE's will probably go to AMH owners. Shouldn't it be 25 LE's guaranteed for AMH owners, 25 for non AMH owners?

#105 4 years ago

Can we have a thread merge here with the other thread? Mods? Use your unlimited power for the greater good.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Answer from Spooky (Charlie Emery) today. Bad news for all pin guys outside US, especially for us in Europe:
Sorry, we aren't authorized per contract to ship to Europe on this game.
... wish I had a better answer.

Hope this doesn't apply to Australia.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Who knows? I guess as long as you are outside the EU it might work for you.
Spooky seems not being in the position to fulfill all the EU regulatory principles like DOC, CE certified, etc ...
If these papers are not required to ship / import electronic stuff to AUS it might work for you, better to ask Spooky.

No, checked with Spooky - it's all good. I thought it might have been a license related issue, but sounds like an EU certification issue.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't worry when we make Game #3, Bible Adventures, demand won't be so high...

Royalties on this licence would be exorbitant.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Can anybody put out a pinball that's done before taking money am I on another planet

The $1k deposit is more about locking in people's intent to purchase. No deposit, they get 1500 people on the list only to have 70% pull out when it comes to actually committing funds. At lease with $1k committed you have a fairly firm gauge of who is serious and who is not.

#542 4 years ago

300 is double the number of AMH's they sold. Thats a pretty ambitious goal from their side.

And given they are only capable of producing 100 machines per year, they wouldn't want to make a 500 limit and be tied to only producing Rob Zombie machines for the next 5 years. Companies need to be always introducing new products to stay relevant. They don't want to be known only as the Rob Zombie pinball manufacturer.

#549 4 years ago

And on a brighter note......The AMH dmd is a green xpin led dmd. Wonder if they're planing for a colour LCD for RZ?

#576 4 years ago

I really don't like the look of Pinball Zombies layout and hoping RZ is more than just a tweak of that. But by the looks of that under PF photo, and a few comments in this thread, it doesn't look substantially different. For me that's the only reservation...time will tell I guess.

#654 4 years ago

Spooky doesn't owe anyone anything. If they decide to take $5000 upfront and not show any artwork/design until you crack open the box, then good luck to them. If they decide to do a hyper limited run of 25 and thats it, good luck to them. I personally think they have done it (the RZ release) the best way possible given the restraining factors that limit a small build manufacturer selling to a small collector market.

4 months later
#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, probably mentioned in other threads, but GoT looks suspiciously like The Hobbit in layout and theme IMHO. Not a coincidence that JJP showed a swords and sorcery themed design with an open playfield and crossing ramps in the top center and a captured ball in the middle, and Stern all of a sudden happens to be making the same.
It's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you.

Have to admit, the cross ramps in the centre, the captive ball in between the ramps and the Smaug/GOTLE cabinet art got me thinking that also, but the rest of the game is not similar in any way.

1 month later
#1575 4 years ago

Excellent.

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

The stream has been re-scheduled so that it can be done from our new shop!! Keep your fingers crossed that things go quickly and maybe it will be even earlier.

You Bentoners don't muck around - if I had to build a factory/warehouse in Australia it would take 6 months.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

This pin comes with a rug too ?
image.jpg

It's kind of on topic, because it's spooky, but is there a realistic chance this guy will be the next US president?

On second thoughts I should take it to the basement.

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

About a minute and a half...
There will be other inf... oh wait, can't talk about it all yet! Lol...
The demand is going to pass the supply quick... and I wish we could magically grow to keep everyone happy, but we'd rather do this right than overreach as a company and have issues later. Plus, I don't want anyone waiting years to get their game!
Doing our best... and clearly some people are going to pass and we'll move down the list to the next person. Not a thing wrong with that... I'd much rather see it in the hands of those who will enjoy the game for the quirky piece of fun it is, than hear about how it's not another fan layout and people regretting their purchase.
All good... excited, nervous, and getting back to work. TONS TO DO!!! And the floor of our new shop is officially poured and I think I can set my desk on it now. Woo hoo!!!

12pm Friday EST reveal = 4 am Saturday Morning in Australia.

I guess I can give up all hope of keeping up with this thread after that.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

3am in Queensland! Think my wife would object if I just took the laptop to bed?

If she's anything like my wife she will object and then roll her eyes as if this is just another part of an obsession she tries to understand, but doesn't.

I think ill just be using my iPhone which is a little more inconspicuous than a laptop.

#1745 4 years ago

Wonder if LE art will be released today as well?

#2040 4 years ago

I can't remember, but is the Le just the translite and a numbered LE plaque?

#2106 4 years ago

Only just realised that the upper right corner is an upper PF. Im a big fan of upper PF's but this one looks really sparse. Is that final?

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

everything is final, production starts in January
yeah it does look sparse, bash cpt til he moves, sometimes it goes in hole sometimes it drains down to bottom right flipper

So you hit the ball into the guide rail to send it around to the Captain, then it feeds back to the upper flipper through the left switch lane.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in playfield roll over would be sweet!

That was my first thought as well.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's odd... we tried that area in a whole lot of configurations. Lane guides just kept feeding the flipper and it was way too damn easy. Posts here and there made it to hard to complete the lanes and open the Spaulding gate shot.
So out of frustration, I stripped it completely off... put 1 post like you see now with zero intent of leaving it that way. Played it for giggles, and suddenly, it was fun. Feed to the flipper is consistent if you hit solid shots, but you can also backhand those lanes which is good for you, AND can be bad. Nudging became important up there for the 1st time.
I beat myself up over it 100 times and left it knowing full well it was gonna get pointed out today. But, the more ya' play it, it just feels right.

I can only guess how hard it is to design a pf and come up with something that works. You've played it 100's of times in different configurations, so if you say it was the best way to go, it most likely was. I can see what you mean about lane guides making it too easy. Some open space makes it a challenge and the post encourages some nudging.

Congratulations on a great looking game. Must be a relief to finally have it complete and revealed.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I'm in so that's another for Aust.

+1 here, so that's 3 at least.

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No sound effects yet but here is the video mode I animated and programmed personally:
» YouTube video
"Run over stuff with the Dragula for points!"

Carmageddon finally comes to pinball!

#2292 4 years ago

Clearly its difficult dealing with an artist who only paints in oil, and then having to translate it to a PF. The inserts were obviously added after the art was done. Horley was given an indication on where the inserts would be, but nothing exact.

Im guessing the only way you would get a result like Metallica, where even the inserts are part of the art, is to give the artist the actual play field with the inserts already in place. Or an exact illustration of the PF layout. The game would need to be all but complete, before giving it to the artist.

And since the art is not digital, any major changes would be a huge amount of work for Spookie and the artist. Even without approval from Rob Zombie.

My feeling is that the centre PF inserts may be too "cartoony" for the PF art. The style looks good on AMH, but not so good on this PF.

Having said that the lane inserts with the blood around them look OK. The centre PF inserts need to be "blended" more into the art.

All this proves is that play-field art is hard, but it's not a deal breaker for me. For all the complaints about GOT PF art, I haven't heard much about the art since the game has shipped.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But throughout pinball history sample games were usually different to production games - mostly small differences.

But the difference is that throughout history they made changes in the hope they could sell as many as possible. Here it's only 300. And change or not, it will still sell out.

I noticed Rob Zombie had posted it on his own homepage. What if a Rob Zombie fan sees it and wants one?

#2397 4 years ago

There seems to be his trend developing on Pinside whereby everyone expects EVERY game to be their perfect game in every way. If it lets them down in someway, it's pitchforks. Pinball is littered with 100's of examples of less than perfect games. Not every game can be perfect to everyone.

As long as the game is good enough to warrant its production then it's good for pinball.

#2540 4 years ago

That LE artwork is going to tie in perfectly to the rest of the cabinet.

Given the run is only 300, would be great to ditch the LE concept completely and run with just the LE art on all 300.

Then use the standard back-glass art on the PF.

Of course Im only saying this because I missed out on the LE.

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think the opposite ... The Dragula artwork would look bitchin slap bang in the middle of the PF above the flippers.

rd

That would be awesome as well .

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Is the only difference between the 2 versions the LE Translite?

+ LE armour

#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

(who supported Spooky from alpha)

I dont think the LE is really for people who supported Spooky early. Every one of the 150 AMH buyers got first dibs on the first 150 RZ - that's the reward for those who supported Spooky. Of those, the first 50 who said yes to RZ an LE got one.

IMO, the LE should be for the first 150 AMH buyers, or even everyone of the 300 if they want it. 300 is still limited even on the LE scale.

Im still really happy with the original - just prefer the LE, and missed out by a few.

#2665 4 years ago

Woke up to 60 new posts in this thread. "Cool, they must have released the gameplay video", I thought to myself. Instead I found we had moved on to a discussion about the origins of Pizza.

Good pizza must be from a wood fired oven. Real Buffalo mozzarella with fresh basil, eaten straight out of the oven. Nothing like it.

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Wow the freaking ignore feature is awesome. My first ignore. Aurich = Poof!

So you'll only have posts from Kaneda and beelzeboob left on pinside?

(unless you've ignored them also and pinside will just be full of EM tech questions)

1 week later
#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Definately needs an option for abacus scoring
You complete a mode you get 1 point... LOL

ColourDMD could sell a Roman Numerals upgrade....

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wow, Bible Adventures is selling faster than AMH already.

So Spooky's 1st four pins will be God, Pizza, Zombies and Ghosts. All the essentials from cradle to grave covered.

1 week later
#3521 4 years ago

Will it be possible to activate/de-activate family mode without opening the coin door? Like holding both flipper buttons or a certain combo of flipper button hits? Would be really handy in a home environment.

Also, is a headphone jack possible as an add on?

#3522 4 years ago

Have to admit I get a better idea of what the artist was going for when I see the unpopulated pf. (Thanks for posting guys).

This game will be unique.

image_(resized).jpeg

#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

from Fawzma, yes on family adult flipper toggle, see below. headphone, I can't remember what Ben or longhorn said...but I definitely want a headphone jack whether factory and mod afterward
---
Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.
Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.
When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.
In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping for with a clever record option as well.

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone explain to me what the artists was going for in the upper playfield design? I'm super excited by this pin and it sounds like it's shaping up to be great. But when I look at the upper right area of the playfield, it's empty. Coupled with the plastics that have nothing on them, how is this getting such a "passing" grade?
I don't think we're going to get a fair review until non-buyers play / review. Commence down votes, but you know it's true.

Doesn't look too empty to me!

Are you talking about the art on the upper pf itself?

image_(resized).jpeg

#3695 4 years ago

I agree with the plastic change. Shouldnt be too difficult?

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IF you have the ability I will say that one of the better coding ideas worth stealing from and unnamed already failed company...
individual player tracking
The idea is that you could step up to a game BEFORE playing and hit a button combination along with the start button which would allow you to enter your initials up front. It then tracked all sorts of cool data in your player profile.
I step up and enter HMJ and then it keeps track of things like how many times I have completed mode x, gotten to multiball, collected jackpots, super jackpots, achived mini wizard modes, wizard modes, etc.
For a home play (or even route play experience) it would be great to be able to compare to others over time.
I could compare to my wife and have bragging rights for making it to X, Y, or Z.
This sort of player tracking would be a really cool thing that adds lots of lastability to a game IMO.

Will be great when you can sync all this stuff to your iphone. Say you have a Spooky or Stern app, when you step up to play, it syncs all the essential data of your game via Bluetooth. The app then tracks your achievements over time, and compares them online to other players etc, etc, etc.

Pretty sure this would already be in development by at least one manufacturer. Not sure if it's possible for RZ.

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

None of you guys are worried that this title is made by a new company with no experience making pinball machines either? Just trying to see how this machine is a day one purchase at $8K+. Seems risky. But that's just my opinion of course.

Trrrroooooolllllll. Take your "opinion" and f**k off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside