image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6673 7 years ago

Thought I would post this here and se what people thought.
Swapped out the speaker grill covers on my Rob Zombie Spookshow International pinball tonight.
I bought these speaker grill covers which are for an AC/DC pinball. They are a different size speaker cover than what Spooky uses for their speaker covers so I had to modify them a little bit. I liked the Olivia Devil girl pinup look better than the spooky ghost and felt like this was a more befitting look(can always swap it back). In the end I think it give it a bit more of White Zombie/Rockabilly feel and seems to work well in my opinion. Had to cut them out and smooth them down with a dermel tool to make them work. Also turned the speaker grill sideways so the bars are vertical rather than horizontal so it gives it more of a jail bars kind of look. Im pretty happy with how it came out and think it looks pretty cool.

07 (resized).jpg07 (resized).jpg

05 (resized).jpg05 (resized).jpg

04 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg

03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg

02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg

2 years later
#10326 4 years ago

Haven't read through the entire thread (yet).
Anybody got a link or know where I can get decals for the targets?
Thanks
Kent

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Think I bought mine on eBay

Thanks man.
Ordered it last night.

2 weeks later
#10343 4 years ago

Put the Gas Station Pumps with LED Awning as well as the Living Dead Girl Mausoleum mod by Medisinyl Mods in today.
These things look sick and really fill out the game in great way.
Really stoked about these, thanks Greg.
The Mausoleum mod looks friggin fantastic and may be one of my all time favorite mods.

IMG_3550 (resized).jpgIMG_3550 (resized).jpgIMG_3549 (resized).jpgIMG_3549 (resized).jpgIMG_3548 (resized).jpgIMG_3548 (resized).jpg
#10348 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"Three From Hell" is being released September 16-18 with a special three-day screening event. I don't know why they are only releasing it for 3 days other than let the it run like an ordinary movie. I'm sure it will go to "on demand" shortly after which is how we'll watch it. Whatever... RZ does what he does even if it doesn't make sense. I just hope its a decent bookend to the trilogy.

My wife and I saw him perform here last year and they were showing some teasers midway through the show.
Looking forward to seeing it.

#10361 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If someone with a 3d printer wants to print the mod for themselves, I'm willing to send the file and instructions at no charge (I've often thrown the ball stop in for free with other RZ orders). Can just PM with an email to send it to.

Very cool of you to offer this.
I can vouch that he sent me one free when I ordered a couple other mods.
Wish I could give you another thumbs up.
Cheers

#10363 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Different tastes, but think pinstadiums ruin it personally.

Agreed. It's a dark and creepy themed pin and I think the stock lighting serves it well.

#10368 4 years ago

Glad to see theres some activity in this thread.
My wife and I really love this machine, it's such a different game than anything we have in our collection.
It's fast as hell and unforgiving at times, but I think that bodes well with the theme.

#10381 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I don’t know how anyone can dislike this game

It's funny, I know exactly what you mean.
For some reason this game gets dogged on by some people.

I friggin love it.
The art package is amazing.
The animation is great (especially considering its a DMD).
The sound quality is top notch.
The callouts are some of my favorites in pinball.
It plays fast as hell and theres definitely an element of chaos to it where it can be hard to gain control of the ball.

I really like it and it adds a variety in gameplay that is really quite different than anything else I own.
I suppose it helps that I'm a fan of Rob Zombies music and films and this incorporates both.

#10388 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Love this game!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where does one get those speaker covers?
Those look awesome.

#10390 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

KIMBALLS PINBALLS

Awesome, thanks.

#10401 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Zombie seems to be one of the more “polar” games out there... folks love it or hate it! mark me for LOVE

It's a game that's not for everybody, thats for sure.
I think when it first came out there were people that bought it that didn't like it for whatever reason and there were some that bad mouthed it.
Now it has kind of a cult following and the machines seem to be gravitating into the hands of people that really appreciate them.
We got our NIB and have liked it from the beginning.
The machine is soo low production (300 units total) that it doesn't really matter though.
On a long enough time line most of these machines will make it into the hands of people that really like the game and appreciate it.

This is not unique to this game though.
Look at pretty much any modern game and you will see people selling them after owning them for a short period of time.
Not all games are for everybody.

#10402 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

My wife and I have seen him several times and have always had a blast at his shows.

We watched an interview with Rob once where the person interviewing him asked: "what makes a good rock and roll show?".

Robs response was: Pyrotechnics, scantily clad women, and Giant monsters.

I think he really embraces the visuals of stage performance that I found magical with big rock bands when I was a kid.
I love his shows and think they are great.

1 month later
#10441 4 years ago

My wife and I were fortunate enough to meet Sid a few times at Comic Con and Horror conventions back when we lived in Southern California.

Really a nice man who seemed genuinely excited and interested in meeting and interacting with fans of his work.
I’m on the road for work at the moment, but when I get home I’ll have my wife dig up some of the photos we’ve taken with him.
I’ll never forget how excited my wife was to walk up to his booth at Comic Con for the first time. This must have been over 10 years ago because we didn’t have kids yet. Sid was really cool and signed a bunch of stuff for us and we hung out for a few minutes chatting. When we were about to part ways my wife asked in a very coy voice if she could get a video with him sayin “fried chicken”. Sid put his arm around my wife with a Captain Spaulding smile and belted out “frrriiied chicken” and then put his hands under his armpits and flapped his arms.
My wife got all giddy like a school girl. The entire show we were talking about what a cool and gracious guy he was. It was the highlight of that show for us.
Met him a few other times at conventions and he was always very cool and gracious.
Travel well brother, you will be missed.

1 week later
#10444 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will open up orders on these soon.
Lots of parts to print for these, but I finally have enough to satisfy those on the list (to start paint and inner signs this weekend). Each PL sign is 5 printed parts, plus hand cut windows overlaid with printed vinyl and electronics.
As these are rather tedious and time consuming to make (will be harder to justify after initial runs are complete), I'm planning to open the pricing at $99.99 + shipping for the first 5 days (those on the current list are locked into that price). Afterward pricing will increase by $20.
Murder Ride sign will be $34.99 ($5 off if purchased with a Pussy Liquors sign).
I realize many will prefer Tim's Murder Ride sign if they have it, but I wanted to have Murder Ride text for my game. I had debated creating the skull mouth exit from the film, but there wasn't room for that much detail even without text (keeping upper playfield visibility in mind).
I did use that as some inspiration to give a throw to the clown mouth entrances with teeth and went with Captain Spaulding colors for the sign.
Just another option for those that want something a bit different.
I'll have photos with the gas station and PL sign in the background soon.
Currently away from home, but have these prototype images on hand:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

At the Halloween Horror Nights House of 1000 Corpses house:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really friggin awesome.
Post some more pics.

#10447 4 years ago

Thought I would share these.
Sid signed the pictures for my wife at Scare LA back when we lived in California.
The figure he signed at San Diego Comic Con.
Must have been 10+ years ago because it was before we had kids.
I really need to get this stuff framed.

IMG_3856 (resized).jpgIMG_3856 (resized).jpgIMG_3857 (resized).jpgIMG_3857 (resized).jpgIMG_3858 (resized).jpgIMG_3858 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#10454 4 years ago

My wife and Sid at Scare LA exactly 5 years ago yesterday.

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#10487 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey Guys, I just got a rzle and it has a bunch of issues. I was hoping you could help me out.
1. All the leds flicker like they need a ocd led board during game and attract mode. (Test mode they all light up fine.)
2. The clown doesn’t work properly and the robot doesn’t move at all. In test, the robot tests make the clown move back and forth. The clown test doesn’t move anything. Tried switching the cables that connect both and switch them, then they just both don’t work.
3. The right flipper when I hit the start button was locked in the engaged position. In test it always shows as on. But the leaf switches and the coil leafs look fine.
4. The game struggles to keep track of balls in the trough. But not always. Sometimes it will say missing balls other times it doesn’t. :/
5. When the ball goes past the clown and down the hole, it seems to get caught up. I can only get it down from shaking the machine or putting another ball down the hole.
Please help.
Thanks.

Sounds like an awful lot of stuff to go wrong all at once.
Was the machine on route and not maintained or something like that?

The robot not moving at all is probably a worn out servo, which probably needs replaced.
This and Captain Spaulding (the clown) both use servos to turn them.
It's basically the same kind of servo that used in the RC hobby for RC cars and airplanes.
The robot one probably needs replaced as it get the most use and since the gears are plastic they can wear out.
Most hobby shops and RC hobby websites sell them, but if you want something more robust go with one with metal gears.

Captain Spaulding (clown) is only active in certain modes, so he might not be broken.
Does he move back and forth at game start up?
Its possible something back there has come loose or is misaligned, which also might be why the ball is not falling through the hole.
I.E. that might actually be one problem, not two.

I would check and see if you have a bent or broken switch in the ball though.
Maybe its just not registering correctly when the balls are feeding in and out?

Like Dave mentioned I would reach out to Spooky and see if they can help you with some of the stuff like the light problem.
They are pretty amazing when it comes to helping people out with tech stuff.

Oh, yeah.
Congratulations on the new pick up.
It's a pretty awesome game.

#10492 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Thank you for the response. Yes the game was on route. Apparently the clown servo works but the robot was unplugged and connections bent. I unbent them and plugged it back in but the servo is toast.
Both optos weren’t working on the upper Playfield. But after uninstalling and reconnecting everything to the board they started working.
I do have a blown resistor and chip which controls my right flipper so it needs a board repair but The individual who traded it to me is taking care of it to make it perfect and sending a new servo so all is good
Very happy for the pickup. I love Rob zombie both his movies and his music. Seen him live a ton. Great performer.
Does anyone have links to the best mods? I am looking for the person who makes the target decals for the targets and what inner art blade ls do you all recommend?
Anyone know where to locate the Rob zombie head for the plunger? Also, what plunger spring color is correct? Mine is so strong you cannot hit the skill shot.
Does anyone have a led kit they recommend or the best bulbs to use? The game was swapped with very very cheap white leds all over and they flicker terribly.
Thanks for your help guys! Rock on.

Awesome, my wife and I have seen him several times as well.
He really puts on a rockin show and is among our favorite performers to go see.

Sounds like you're making some great progress.
As far as mods I would reach out to Greg at Medisinyl Mods.
He makes some really killer stuff that fill out the play field nicely and looks bitchin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1394-medisinyl-mods
If you're into Robs films, then you will love Gregs mods as they tie right in and have a lot of though put into them as far as style and integration.

#10495 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Personally - I would focus on fixing all the game issues 100% and get the game playing perfectly before you go modifying anything.
I know it is tempting ... resist the temptation and get it working properly first.
rd

I think that pretty sound advice.

2 months later
#10511 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Super skill shot is impossible....
That is what i used to say up till 30mins ago

Congrats.
I’ve still never done it.

1 week later
#10532 4 years ago

The wife was playing today and busted the plastic piece on top of the pop bumper. Anyone know where to order the correct replacement?
Or should I reach out to Spooky and see if they have any in stock.
Thanks.

ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpegADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
#10534 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Spooky will have them, their customer service is top notch!

Yeah, they have been really awesome.
I was just wondering if it’s unique to this game (which I think it might be). Or if it’s a part you can just order from a parts distributor.
I’ll probably reach out to Luke or Charlie and see if I can buy a couple.
I think it would be good to have a spare.

#10537 4 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Mine busted in the exact same spot. Everything else is looking good.

Yeah, it’s a high impact part that takes a beating (to be expected).
I’ve had my RZ since NIB and have had very few problems with it.

Great game and the playfield still looks amazing.

1 week later
#10541 4 years ago

I guess on good thing about staying at home is I have plenary of time to go through boxes from previous moves etc.
Finding all kinds of stuff I had forgotten about.

Found my Captain Spaulding belt buckle, so gonna start rockin this thing.

917E966F-AB1B-4267-BC5B-490906CAB387 (resized).jpeg917E966F-AB1B-4267-BC5B-490906CAB387 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10567 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks and yea it appears to be a love or hate. Looks like i would definently have to play first. Who is AZ has one to play!!

I’m up in Cave Creek.
You’re welcome to come play mine.

#10570 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously? Well if you have a tourney or feel like having a not psycho stranger in your house, let me know.

Hit me up with a PM.

3 weeks later
#10576 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The Ball Stop Mod is now free to download on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4460228

You’re a good man.

2 months later
#10586 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just played a RZ for the first time the other day. I loved the pin and may end up buying it from the owner. I know it’s not perfect, but I can’t figure out why some people despise it the way they do. Anyway, I didn’t even realize it was an LCD. Thanks for pointing that out.

Probably same type of people that liked picking on fat kids in school.
Some people just can’t let stuff go and its like a running joke for them.

I’ve had mine since new in box and quite happy with it.
People just like to dog on it and I doubt many of them have spent a lot of time playing it, understand the rules or have even progressed very far in the game.

#10600 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Joining your club with a HUO standard shortly when it arrives.

Congratulations.
How many of these are actually in Australia?
Can’t be too many down there I would think.

#10613 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
Can't remember being so wrong about anything for a long time. The most beautiful machine i have now, maybe even better looking cab than Theatre of Magic which i think is the best out there. Playfield and backglass is also stunning.
And the gameplay is so exciting, can't wait to put some more games on it.
Do people really say that some of the other Spooky's are even better? This machine is top class.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Can the language be turned off to operate this machine in a venue? I bet my mate will buy one if so. I'd put money in it any day. Wish Deadpool had that language setting, the 'adult' on DP is lame.

I totally agree on the art style, I think it looks awesome.
Glad to hear this one found a good home.

In regards to the language setting.
There is a timer setting in the setting that functions sort of like an alarm clock.
You can set it to be in family mode during certain hours and go into adult mode after a certain time.
We had ours set to go into adult mode at 10:00 after the kids were in bed.

#10625 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(I think all you're missing of note is the "Pussy Liquors" sign)

Also the Murder Ride arch/sign, but yeah the machine he picked up is pretty decked out and loaded.

#10629 3 years ago

I would tend to agree with ranking them in order of most current first.
Games keep getting better as Spooky grows as a company.
Only machine I haven’t played is Jetsons, which seems to be pretty rare. Not sure how many of those got made, but I don’t think it’s a lot.

1 year later
#10959 1 year ago

Having a couple cocktails tonight and turned on RZ and ACNC.
Anymore these are some of my favorite game to play. Just gritty and hard as balls, yet rewarding as hell.

F1B07A82-3883-4EC4-9620-9C7E582D68EA (resized).jpegF1B07A82-3883-4EC4-9620-9C7E582D68EA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.