image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1398 8 years ago

Does anyone have insight as to HOW the reveal will be conducted. I'm on the list, so I'm wondering if the reveal will be made via the emails on that list, or if I have to catch it here on Pinside. I had a lul in my Pinside viewing and almost missed out on getting in on the game, I don't want to get passed over if I don't catch the thread here.

#1406 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yea, I hope there are emails and not just a mad dash, first-come-first-served to get your money down after some post on pinside or reveal at a show. I almost missed getting on the list in the first place because I didn't realize they had started taking names.

I had some emails with Charlie and KY this afternoon about the notifications. KT told me they will start at the top and notify users going down the list to get an official yes / no. Once they get to the end of the 300, if they don't have 300 yes votes, they will continue into the waiting list group in the same orderly fashion until they get the full 300.

They will not be notifying via Pinside, but they expect that others will post info once it gets released.

#1411 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

On a side note disappointed in Robs current short set list on the tour, only 13 or 14 or 15 at most and a few covers. Debating about seeing him this week.

The wife and I saw him a few weeks back at the opening of his haunted house here outside Chicago. I have to say, I was almost as underwhelmed by his show as I was by the haunted house. Both were pretty lackluster.

This was the first time I had seen Zombie live, so I'm not sure if this is the norm or an anomaly. I love Rob's music which made it still "fun" but I wouldn't be able to recommend this show for anyone outside an absolute diehard (and not really even then). For example, I don't plan to ever go see him live again.

1 week later
#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Cheeks,
The chicago is a scaled down production for a small venue. His normal production is insane, with dancing girls, full screen video background , monsters, pyrotechnics. He said at the show, next year's show will be nothing you've ever seen.

Next year at the Halloween Odeum thing, or is he coming through town to another venue?

1 week later
#1468 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Wow... way to let the cat out of the bag Heck!
Just down to physically cutting / printing / installing the playfield, and part of that is happening right now. All art files are set up and ready. Cutting the plastics today, and all the custom / final metal walked in the door 2 hours ago.
All shall be revealed soon.

Please release a gameplay video when this gets built! I can't wait to see art, but since you will have a fully assembled machine, as opposed to the 3D renders Stern shows initially, I'm sure everyone would love to see how it plays as well as how it looks.

2 weeks later
#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm curious to see how people react to one feature of the game which somehow hasn't slipped out, considering how many know about it.

Maybe it has to do with Sheri Moon Zombie being incredibly inappropriate. Rob has shown no hesitation for exploiting her hotness in the past.

#1627 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I have no sympathy for people who got screwed over by jpop.

Real classy.

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My understanding is they added/tweaked some shots, but it's essentially the same game.

That is what I'm fearing as well. I never found Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave very interesting, so I'm really hoping this is more than Rob Zombie from Beyond the Grave.

#2619 8 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Holy crap that looks SO much better. The standard backglass as the playfield really looks great as a simple fix.

Quoted from MikeS:

If it were my decision I'd go with the top art for the playfield and then use the Dragula art on all of the translites.-best of both Worlds!

This would be an ideal combination, but then there isn't an LE.

#2709 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I doubt it ever becomes a $20K game because in the case of BBB the buy in was much higher if I'm not mistaken and therefore the selling price would be higher. However, if the video is awesome I can definitely see the game going into the $12-$15K range.
What would both RZ and AMH as a pair be worth NIB in 3 years if someone decided not to open them?

BBB was $4500 from Gene.

4 months later
#4597 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

So, is there something else different about the toys other than LEDs added in? The robot 'just sits there' without the upgrade? Also, what LEDs does the game come with if you don't upgrade, all white again?

Yeah, my question was about the difference between the LED upgrade and whatever comes standard. I've used LEDs from Comet to do all of my games. I don't know anything about what comes in the game un-upgraded or the PBL LEDs.

#4603 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It would be helpful to see comparison pics of the standard LEDs vs the +$80 LEDs, installed of course.

For sure. For the average person that doesn't have LEDs laying around, $80 installed is a good no-brainer price. But for people that have lots of LEDs in every color already, $80 is a lot unless you get something that looks just right.

1 week later
#4713 7 years ago

The wife and I are going to see Rob Zombie and Disturbed later this month. Super stoked!

#4725 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pics! Lots and lots of pics! Even if it's the same stuff we've seen before!

I have to be honest, I've always wondered why people care about this. If it's something new, or someone made new mods, or something, then I get it. But to see the same pictures we've all been seeing for months...I've never understood. Not criticizing, just don't get it.

To each their own, no worries.

1 week later
#4807 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pinball zombies from beyond the grave. It was Spooky's first attempt at zombie theme, met with mixed reviews, revived and evolved into licensed RZSI after success of AMH.

I never did get to play Pinball Zombies, and have yet to play Rob Zombie. For those that have played both, other than theme/sounds/specific modes, how different is the gameplay on the two of them? I remember PZFBTG was met with VERY mixed reviews in terms of gameplay. I know they tweaked the playfield for RZ, but it's not all that different and yet the reaction is FAR improved. I'm wondering how much of that might have to do with a good implementation of cool license and how much of it is actually related to the game playing better. Anyone have any first hand experience with both?

#4809 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

I haven't played either, but one other thing we do know is that the code is way more developed. And we all know code can make or break a game. But it'd be interesting to hear how the physical changes to the playfield change the feel or flow of the game too.

Yeah, obviously the code is WAY more fleshed out in RZ. I seem to remember people not loving the physical play of Pinball Zombies. I'm curious, outside of rules, how different/better do people feel the physical gameplay is now. Just curious.

3 weeks later
#5160 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Piggybacking on that, should I store my translite rolled up as it came shipped or should I store it flat? I left it in the tube hoping to get it autographed at the RZ show but security guards and complacency conspired against me. I'll try harder next time but until then?

Translites, cabinet decals, cabinet repainting stencils, and anything else of this nature should ideally be stored flat.

#5219 7 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

It's "okay."
Several people I have talked to have a similar opinion (that have actually played one, outside of a show).
It had a few issues out of the box, the biggest one being both coin switches were wired incorrectly and wouldn't work at all! (Yes, it is being operated, for now.)
Other observations:
Playfield is way too dark (as has been mentioned)
No coin mechs (annoying, but easy to remedy)
Coin door does not have a slot for a bill validator
No space for a standard cashbox, as the audio amp blocks it
Display bugs
Some callouts repetitive
Not enough audio cues to figure out what to shoot for
The theme is definitely an acquired taste...the music is fun, as are the display graphics. The multiple slings are refreshing, and quickly throw the ball all over the place...perhaps they are too strong, though?
I know the primary audience is not commercial with this game, but...
If you are claiming a commercial/arcade quality machine, it should at minimum have the components!
-Mark

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I agree, was VERY unimpressed overall with the build quality.

I have not played or seen RZ in person yet, so I can't comment directly. It has also been a long time since I played AMH, so maybe the build quality improved since the time I played it, but I must admit that these comments don't surprise me based on my experience playing AMH when I did. I had a ton of ball hang-ups, airballs, under-performing mechs, etc. It just didn't seem that reliable and felt "less sturdy" than B/W, Stern, etc. To be fair, Full Throttle sort of felt similar, so maybe there's something about the cost cutting necessary to make these boutique games viable to build in lower quantities.

I love Spooky and Heighway as much as anyone and I'm in on games from both manufacturers, but I gotta keep it real and hope the quality improves from my prior experiences before my actual games show up.

2 months later
#5927 7 years ago

I finally got to play a Rob Zombie yesterday on site and it was a shit show. I really hope this was not indicative of the build quality. Game was set to $1 per play and it obviously has to be pretty new, so I'm really disappointed at my experience.

Everyone talks about how dark this game is, but on this one I think ALL the GI was out. I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing.

The ball hung up in so many different places: shooter lane on the switch (out of reach of the plunger), under the mini-playfield somewhere, in the left orbit, and at least one other place. Sometimes nudging worked it loose, but I tilted and lost balls more times than not (totally uncool at $1/game).

Between these issues and things I've read here, like ramp flap screws stripping and popping loose, I'm really concerned. I left this experience doubting if the game is any good and how well it was built. VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, but enough that combined with other comments here has me worried I won't be happy with the experience when I get my game.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, and I'll wait to finalize any judgement until I can play another example (probably at Expo) but my initial impression took all the negative comments I've seen here and made them a bit worse. Here's hoping that was an anomaly experience.

#5936 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Cheeks, you have one on order?

Yes, I do have one on order, that's why I'm concerned.

Quoted from jalpert:

A poorly maintained route game and a stripped screw are not indications of poor quality control.

Poor route maintenance is not necessarily indicative of a poor quality machine, but this game is so new and it played like crap. There was a Stern Metallica, Kiss, and Batman right next to it running and looking just fine. I can't stand any of those games, but them running like clockwork makes an initial impression compared to RZ none-the-less.

While I agree that people have made WAY too much of the screw-popping phenomenon, I have almost 30 games and I've never had this happen on one of them, nor have I heard of others complaining about this on other games. There just seem to be a lot of comments about multiple ball hang-ups and other poor performance related things.

I really love Spooky and I want this to be a success. I'm just relating my single experience with this game and comparing it to some of the many comments I've read on here.

1 month later
#6420 7 years ago

Only one I found in Chicago area was a HORRIBLE experience. All GI was out, couldn't hear anything, plus other issues. I really wish I could find one that played as expected on location. I'm near the back of the list, but I'd prefer to try this game out before my number comes up.

Anyone know of any on location around Chicago?

5 months later
#7664 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some amazing lighting on this RZ!!
» YouTube video

What is that, the Pinball Refinery kit?

Any chance there will be a RZ with the Refinery kit at MGC?

#7732 7 years ago

I know there is LCD OCD for RZ (which I'm about to order), but is there a GI OCD? Is it needed?

If not, does the game dim the backbox lights during play on its own? That's one of the features I'm most interested in with GI OCD to reduce the playfield glass glare.

1 week later
#7816 7 years ago

I just brought mine home, and it is WAY too dark. We like to play in a dark basement, and the wife kept complaining that she couldn't see the ball (I agree with her).

I've added spotlights on other games, but I've also seen that Pinball Refinery has their UV kit. Has anyone seen this in person? The pictures look purple, but people say that isn't representative. Is there much UV reactive paint in the game? I'm not sure what to expect that to look like.

I'm trying to decide whether I should go with that kit or just put spots everywhere.

Any opinions?

#7822 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's funny how we all like different lighting.
I love the lighting on this game, it just suits the theme perfectly.
Did yours have the LED upgrade kit? With this mine was so bright I actually made it darker

I did get the LED upgrade and in a dark room, you can barely see the ball.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I highly recommend pinstadium for this game.
Order at pinstadium.com or message Scott through the website. Great guy and very responsive.

Apparently you have seen both Pinstadium and Pinball Refinery in person. I have not seen either unfortunately. What makes you like the Pinstadium better? At 2.5-3x the cost (depending if you add the flasher option), I'm curious if / how the product is better. In the Pinstadium video, the general lighting definitely wasn't purple looking until the flashers went off. Wonder if that was UV flashers (which makes the kit $200).

#7846 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Lol no, it was my only prototype, and at some point due to the rigging we did at the last minute, the power input of the screen broke off when the playfield was lifted up.

Generally (without spoiling anything if you're keeping secrets) what do you plan on this display doing? And roughly when are you planning on it being released?

#7866 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Agreed. I've started LDG inadvertently when trying to hit the drop target for 1K Corpses.
Also, do the Corpses carry over if you start 1K Corpses again? For instance, if I collect 700 Corpses, will I only need 300 if I start the mode again?
If not, I'd recommend that the Corpses carry over. It's a tough mode to finish.

Ha! I've only had my game for a few days, but I've never even started H1KC, I keep starting LDG inadvertently. The ease and repetition of starting LDG so often is my biggest complaint about the rules so far.

#7884 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Mind taking a picture? I'd love to see this.

There are a ton of photos of this online already, but everyone says they don't look anything like how it looks in person. Go to Pinball Refinery's website, they have a picture.

I was all set to get the Refinery kit, but I backed off because I really didn't want it to be purple. I have some games with purple in the GI and they look cool, but this didn't seem like one where I wanted it. I know it won't look AS purple as the pictures, but people still said it had a purple hue.

At the last minute I opted for the Pinstadium kit. I liked that you could tune the GI colors, and the added flasher effect looked pretty cool. I went with the UV flasher option so I could still get a bit of the Refinery look, but it wasn't what the game looked like all the time. The main downside is there will be a wait on them doing the initial run until more people jump in. But, I heard second hand that Charlie thought the Pinstadium kit looked cool in RZ, so I figured if it aligned with his vision of the game, that was even better.

#7904 7 years ago

I'll be honest, the few times I've found one of these on location, I couldn't hear anything and I had no idea what to do. Even though I like Rob Zombie, I wasn't feeling this and I inquired about getting out of my game just a couple weeks ago. However, I'm a stand up guy (::pats self on back: and when KT grumbled at me, I wasn't going to stick it to Spooky and force a back out.

So, I picked up my game at MGC last weekend. Since prices have dropped on this game, I figured there was no market for flipping it either, so I might as well open it and see if I could get into it. I fully expected it to leave in record time since there are other upcoming games I want and I could recycle this money.

BOY WAS I WRONG! I really love this game. I'm certainly in the honeymoon phase for sure, but it is a blast. I've ordered a lighting kit from Pinstadium and will probably add mirror blades. I'm eagerly awaiting the additional code as well. Congrats to Spooky on a game that succeeds in being what pinball should be...FUN!

#7908 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Pls take pictures of the install, I want to order both of these but my wife says the game is perfect as is and told me to keep my cockbeaters off it.

Quoted from davijc02:

Did you get the flasher add on? If so what color did you go with? I was thinking about getting red. The owner said the UV + glow looked great on this machine though. Wouldn't mind seeing video or pictures of it when you get it installed

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Short video with UV flashers.
» YouTube video

Th video sited by chuckwurt is the one I went off of. Since I was tempted by the Refinery kit and others said it looked good, I figured I'd go with the UV for the flashers so I could get a bit of Refinery without being purple/UV all the time.

I can appreciate (sort of) the people saying this is a dark theme so keep it dark, but you can't see anything and you can't even read what's on the playfield. I have other games with purple GI and I agree with others that this game isn't a fit for that. But I would like to see the ball better and I would like to see/appreciate the playfield. That's why I opted for the Pinstadium kit. I can adjust the GI colors as needed and still get a flasher effect too. Seemed like the best of both worlds.

I was tempted to get some pinblade art for this game, but I just couldn't find any that I liked all that much. I've been on the fence for other games between blade art and mirrors, but there just don't sem t be the mods for this game, so I'll probably just go mirror for RX.

Anyone interested in the Pinstadium kit, PLEASE jump in. I think the initial order is held up until they get enough in the run, so I'm sitting and waiting until enough people decide to go this route.

#7971 7 years ago

And a coat of wax speeds up the surface.

Yeah, RZ really needs MORE speed? Glutton.

#7977 7 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that you are supposed to be able to "dirty pool" the H1KC lane for a lock without knocking down the drop target? Is this true? I seem to squeeze the ball behind the target all the time but never get a ball lock for it.

Also, is it normal to get a "double kick" to serve a ball to the shooter lane? I often hear what sounds like the ball being served to the shooter lane, only to get the ball served a second or so later. Is my trough misfiring or is serving a ball some 2-stage process different from all my other games?

#7980 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

H1KC lock needs to be qualified first so that when the target goes back up (and it will usually cos of ball search or LDG) you can then sneak past the target and lock the ball. Ball trough kicker did the same for me so I changed the strength in settings and it fixed it.

So you're saying if you drop the target, but then the target gets reset before hitting the shot behind it, you can sneak past it for a lock? If so, does this carry over from ball to ball? If I hit the drop and then drain, the target resets. Can I get a lock by sneaking by on the next ball?

I just don't ever remember being awarded a lock unless the target was currently down.

#8043 7 years ago

Is anyone actually able to hit the Gasoline switch? I literally think I've rolled over that switch once. I have removed my upper playfield before, so did I maybe not align the upper flipper properly? Did I read someone say you should be able to cradle the ball up there? If so, my alignment is definitely off.

Along this line, it makes Demonoid very frustrating. Are there any plans to add an ability to spot remaining shots? The Gas switch is always the last one left, and sometimes I'll be down to only the blue target(s) and the Gas target, neither of which I feel I can hit purposefully. I'm pretty sure you can't hit the blue targets directly, but the ball bounces around up there enough that they generally get hit. Regardless, it makes the end of Demonoid very ungratifying when all I have left to "shoot for" are a couple lucky bounces. Until the last couple switches, Demonoid is probably my favorite mode, but I'm sick of shooting left orbit>fail upper playfield>shoot left orbit>fail upper playfield until the time runs out.

1 week later
#8103 6 years ago

So, does Dirty Pool actually award a lock, or just show the message? I've finally seen the message a few times, but have never noticed it increment H1KC ball lock. I've gotten the message after having locked 2 balls as well and it didn't start multiball.

ALSO: does anyone else have the Shaker? When is it used? I installed the Shaker a week or so ago, and I swear if I wasn't trying to figure out when it was shaking, I would NEVER know it was even installed. Has the code not really been implemented yet? I didn't see any settings for strength, only the on/off. If this is all I can expect, I feel I completely wasted $100.

#8108 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you get 5 Dirty Pools, it lights extra ball

OK, so it has nothing to do with H1KC?

Quoted from herg:

Shoot the ramp, then the right orbit. It shakes when the lawn mower goes by. That's the most noticeable place that I can think of. It's used a good bit, though, and it's pretty strong on my game.

I literally can barely distinguish it from the sub rattle. SUPER disappointing. Am I missing some setting to change strength? Is there a test for it in the menu anywhere so I can make sure it's working right?

#8110 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

correct.. not related to 1000c
in solenoid test you can pulse it. turn the bass down and do the mower thing. You'll be able to know what to look for next time.. it ramps up then fades out as the mower passes by.

OK, thanks. Are there any plans in the coming updates to utilize it more?

#8158 6 years ago

I really love some of the ideas coming up in here.

I love the idea of modes continuing progress, but incorporating infection into any replays. Infection sounds way too cool to be something you easily avoid.

I also really like the hybrid suggestion of mini 2-ball multiballs after modes, but saving the big multiball as a risk reward opportunity based on how many modes you've completed.

And stacking LDG with modes seems to be a common thought, but I really like that idea as well.

I really hope this is where things are headed.

2 weeks later
#8296 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's $300 + shipping.

If that's true, I need to know more about what will be on it. I was already wondering what this would display that would be different and "better" than the DMD. I don't have a good feel for how it will be utilized in game. All I remember seeing was it counting DRAGULA letters, but that's already displayed on the DMD. For $300 I would certainly expect some cool things that aren't basically replicated on the DMD. I get that part of the cost is a new apron, but nobody is clamoring to replace their apron, so that cost is solely for the LCD mod. This sets the expectation on what you get in return. $300 is definitely more than I was expecting, but if it's super cool, and more than the initial video suggested, I might still be in.

1 week later
#8378 6 years ago

Looks like some new stuff added
Just an idea on the scoring as it lacks excitement.
How about multiplying everything by 10?
Jackpots of 250k become 2.5 million and games of 10 million become 100 million?

No offense, but this has always been one of the dumbest arguments. For whatever issues there are with JJP games, they have nothing to do with the low scores. Similarly, what makes AFM great has nothing to do with the 27 extra zeros in the scoring.

If you want to make certain shots / sequences worth more points within a game's scoring spectrum, that could add excitement. However, just multiplying all scores within a game makes no sense. Seriously, put a Post-It on the DMD and you can add as many zeros as you want.

Not trying to be a dick, I just couldn't understand this concept any less.

#8384 6 years ago

Well, you need to understand psychology.
Depending on what games you have played in past, and how the reward points are structured, the brain gets conditioned to being rewarded at certain points.
The best games use intermittent re-inforcement which is THE most powerful re-inforcer for the brain.
Going back to when the knocker was invented, it was put in a game to pair a loud sound with the reward of beating the game.
So, yes , making the scores bigger isn't exactly the best idea, but psychologically speaking, bigger scores can feel more rewarding and so you get a bigger release of dopamine from the brain!

I was actually a Psychology major, so I get the theory.

First off, a general multiplication of scores is the opposite of (well, not the opposite, but unrelated to) intermittent reinforcement. Multiplying the scores of certain shots would qualify, but an overall multiplication doesn't.

As for people thinking they're doing better because the scores are higher, isn't this more due to unfamiliarity and the inequality of scores across games? If I get 2B on AFM, it might be 10x or 100x what I get on another game, but I still know that scores sucks on AFM. For a novice player, if they see 2B, they could be tricked into thinking they did awesome, but...

In the case of a game where you know the relative scoring, if you could flip a switch and now the scores have 2 extra zeros, I won't ever understand how a person knowing this gets more excited. This is different from the walk-up mentality of a location player feeling like they accomplished something.

Quoted from rotordave:

Lol!
"THHHHIRRRRRRRTTTTYYYYY........"
Classic!
rd

This would be HILARIOUS! Come to think of it, I'd like a tongue-in-cheek game that overly celebrated paltry scores.

1 week later
#8438 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Murder Ride Sign.

A suggestion about this mod...extend it to the right to cover the rest of the bare wood. I've always been sorta bugged by the unfinished edge of the upper playfield. If you extended the right side of your sign and put 2 holes in it for the wireform, it would totally finish off the look of the playfield edge. Just a thought.

#8446 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here's my Red Hot Arrow Mod. In this video I accidentally hooked it up to the Murder Ride Arrow but it should be hooked up to the outer loop so every time the red arrow is lit on the playfield, the Red Hot arrow will light up. I'm still debating on whether or not to light up the actual sign. When I do the light is really bright on the backside. Front side is a little washed out in the photos but looks good in person.
Without light behind RHPL sign.

With light behind RHPL sign.

» YouTube video

That is pretty dope!

1 week later
#8492 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I see you have your pinball on hard floors and so do i. Do you add pads so the feet dont scratch the floor up? I did but it kind of slides around too much when you shake it so wondering how you handled it. Thanks

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=564

#8505 6 years ago

If you have the upgraded LEDs from the factory they are these
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560

Speaking of LEDs, I got the upgraded LEDs from the factory, and as much as I like color matching playfield inserts in general, you should really think about replacing some of the LED colors in RZ. On all my other games that have single-color inserts, color matching is definitely the way to go in almost all cases. But in RZ, there are so many inserts with printed graphics on the insert that the color match washes it all out.

I saw one of Herg's posts in this thread about changing up some colors. I tried this and it brought out a completely different (better) look - it lets you see the graphics on each insert rather than washing them all out completely. For example, I don't think I even knew there was a chicken wing and a gas can on the upper playfield inserts until I went away from the red LEDs. I didn't follow all of Herg's color choices completely, but I'm pretty close and both my choices and his look FAR better than the color choices that came by default.

I definitely recommend everyone try out color options for any of the printed inserts.

#8522 6 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

playing superbeast tonight, hit the sneak attack,,, didn't even know that was a thing. The code is awesome on this pin, and there is more to come!

What is the sneak attack?

#8527 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I think I just heard a Ben Heck call out while I was bashing our favorite clown...

"Ben Heck? Never heard of the @sshole."

Maybe my favorite quote in the game.

#8532 6 years ago

Is the apron mod actually for sale, like I can order one and get it? Or is he working through some waiting list? I thought he only released a few into the wild at this point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8732 6 years ago

Trying to update to v20, but when trying to format my SD card, it says it is write-protected. I have tried moving the little switch on the card to both positions multiple times, but I still get the same error. Any advice?

#8736 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Make sure it's in the disabled position, then make sure it's not being pushed back to write protect position when you insert the card into your writer's slot. It's easy to brush the edge of the card against the slot edge and inadvertantly move the slider back to write protected position.

I'm 100% sure the switch is not getting moved after insertion. Regardless of which position the switch is in, I get a write-protect message when trying to format.

#8797 6 years ago

The "Move Your Bra" quote gets old really fast too. No need to play that quote any time other than when you first start the mode.

2 weeks later
#8891 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

its supposed to be a punishment for replaying a mode you already beat. If you play it a gain and fail, you go into infection mode. The universe doesn't want me to enable it.

Infection mode sounds super fun, but I feel like you would never really get it, or at least you would be able to easily avoid it, in normal gameplay. Most people are playing to complete all the modes, not trying to exploit a single one. Infected seems like it would be better implemented if it happened after failing a mode on any additional try, regardless of whether it has already been won or not. To me, this would make it much more strategic deciding whether to make a second attempt at a failed mode or go for a safer 1st try mode. Also, since everyone says this mode is a ton of fun, it would allow you to see it within the course of normal gameplay. If it stays as only available after winning and then failing a mode, I'll never see it unless I specifically try to get it since I never replay a completed mode a second time.

#8903 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I really like the infected mode as it is. I know that this isn't for everyone, but at some point score will be important for competitive play. If a person could repeatedly play What! over and over and over again without penalty, then you need to make one right orbit shot to play a risk free mode. I would also be fine if there was something like Mustang, where completed modes are not available to play again and mode pick up where you left off if they weren't completed. The other option would be to not be able to play a mode after completion and make it worthless until you do complete it, but honestly, I think the infected idea fits perfectly with how brutal this game is. It's more dramatic! Imagine PAPA finals and elimination rests on completion of an infected mode!

What we've been asking for doesn't change what you're asking for. We're saying add Infected to ANY replayed mode whether it had already been won or not. This would still accomplish what you're asking for, but would also introduce Infected more commonly into normal play any time someone retried a failed mode. This would create the same type of risk-reward system even for failed modes, since trying one you hadn't attempted yet would be safer than taking a second stab at one you failed. I think it's the best solution.

1 month later
#9132 6 years ago

What's the status of the apron mod? I put my name on the interested list back near the beginning, but have never heard anything since.

3 weeks later
#9229 6 years ago

I didn't think you needed to remove that callout completely! I do like it, maybe it could be added back in at some point just less prevalent as it used to be.

Yeah, it was funny once in a while, just not 27x per game.

#9269 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

you guys are killing me
In other news I have a few apron mods available http://store.fawzma.com

Are these apron mods sold out? I was on the original interested list and never got a notice. That sucks if now I missed out again somehow.

#9275 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I know, i do like the idea of failing twice

YAY! Really hoping this is how you ultimately decide to implement Infected. I failed What! a few times last night and it would be nice if I got punished for screwing it up. I've literally never replayed a completed mode, so the fail twice would be a great way to see this feature in a meaningful way.

1 week later
#9297 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I play lights out or in my dark pinball room . I played RZSSI at a pinhead a home with light on and large widow . The game was light fair to partly cloudy . I think Pin Stadium GI with UV + Flasher mod would really be cool for this pinball .
http://www.pinstadium.com/gallery/

I have the kit in my RZ and it is ASTOUNDING! I'm not sold that it's a must have for every game, since some games can be sufficiently lit with a few dollars worth of spotlights. The Pin Stadium kit with the options is about $250. Never-the-less, I am looking to buy a few more of the kits to see where I like them and where they aren't as needed. That said, I can't imagine a game that benefits from this kit more than RZ.

#9310 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

It is a 2 way flap. Thanks.

Curious how that will work during multiball when there can be a ball going each direction through that lane, and how it affects a slow rolling shot. I've gotten lots of Murder Rides from the ball BARELY making it up into the lane. I would guess this door would be enough to keep those from scoring.

Looks cool, eager to hear how testing goes.

3 weeks later
#9363 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Super Spotlight Strobes in RZ take 2... Pardon my sub-par play
- I slowed down the flash rate
- I changed out the bulb color from blinding bright white to orange
- I am now connecting to another trigger source that allows the Strobes to come on less frequently (mostly during multi-
ball)
» YouTube video

To be honest, I couldn't even tell if/when they were going off. Given that you made a video to show them, I assume they were flashing at some point, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you when it was happening.

#9373 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

That’s what I was thinking, but then I saw a pick on the PinStadium thread with a reported value of just 20%. It may just be the inherent vagaries of photography, but to me, it still looked like you could probably see it from orbit! This game needs to be pretty dark, but it could use some very subtle improvements in GI. Could you post a photo of your rig set at, say, 5%?

Quoted from NEOZATZY:

Wow that is bright....I guess if you want a dark game to be bright this is the way you would go. Quick question I see you have put double rubbers on you post in the top mini playfield and it looks like another long rubber as well...I struggled to put the normal rubber on as the metal rail touches the rubber at the back of it....does it make much difference with the extra rubber on the bottom? cheers

I was really on the fence about the PinStadium lights, but they are pretty awesome. I bought my first set specifically for RZ. I normally install spots in my LED converted games, but RZ was SO much darker than anything else. Only kit thing I had seen was the Pinball Refinery kit, but it was way too purple for me. I took a chance on PinStadium, and for RZ I couldn't be happier.

Scott's biggest problem with this kit is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to get accurate pictures. They either look blown out when showing a color, or when the GI is turned up enough to photograph (like the pictures above) it has the "I could see this from space" look. Even turning down the brightness as requested will not show accurately. The cool thing with PinStadium is not only can you dial the brightness all the way down to 1%, but you can also add RGB color to the white light. I have mine set with a mixture of red with the white. It does not overpower the playfield colors what-so-ever. Red GI usually washes out all the colors around it, but by just tinting the white light, it creates a mood rather than making all the artwork look red. It really looks great by making the game bright enough to play in a totally dark room, but still maintaining the "dark mood" that RZ deserves. The included app lets you dial in color and brightness changes in literally seconds, so there is no reason you couldn't get a setup you liked.

That said, I'm not convinced the kit is necessary for every game. They are not cheap, and I'm not sure they are worth the money in a lot of applications. However, I have ordered two additional kits with a couple specific games in mind, and with the intention of moving them around to different games from different manufacturers and eras to see where else they might be worthwhile.

As for RZ, they are unequivocally awesome! I literally cannot think of a game that they would work better in (although Alien seems to need them desperately as well).

1 week later
#9413 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Update - Infected mode has a new option.
- Off
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode you already beat
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode at any time

What does the 3rd option mean, you get infected if you fail a mode even the first time? I think a lot of people (myself included) were hoping it would kick in if you failed a mode you had already failed.

If it's after any fail I'll have to try it, but it seems like we'll be getting a lot of reversed flippers. Seems like it will be too much, but at least we know we'll get to see it.

1 week later
#9444 6 years ago

I switched mt game to family/non-adult mode the other day to see what it was like, and there are a ton of cool callouts in that mode. I assumed that it just removed the vulgar quotes, but in many senses there were completely new quotes, some better than their adult counterparts.

I really wish the adult mode was an aggregate of all the quotes to spread out how often you hear any particular soundbite. All-in-all I prefer the adult mode, but I think the game would benefit significantly if adult mode pulled from a larger pool. Anyone have the same thoughts, and would this be possible?

#9468 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

one of the 6 mains

I was really hoping Infected would be after failing a mode for the second time. I never play a mode I've already beaten, and I'll never turn it on to hit me whenever I fail a mode the first time (I fail too many). This seems like "too easy" and "too hard" where as after failing a mode the second time would be challenging but fair.

PLEASE, PLEASE consider adding that option.

2 weeks later
#9571 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It'll likely get it's own thread soon with video, etc., but this is a peek at the mod I've been designing over the last few weeks for RZ. Living Dead Girl Mausoleum--tint/mirror when off/inactive and an infinity mirror lightshow when she's hit/moans or flashing during LDG mode (triggered by the factory lights it replaces). With pink the color fades out to red on hits/flashes. Hard to photograph accurately with the mirror tint and LEDs. I really wanted the LDG to pop and be noticed when hit and give more life to the mode--I could hardly notice the LDG lightshow with the stock panel and lights.

SUPER DOPE! I'm definitely in.

1 week later
#9600 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You decide how to qualify infected 1) after each incomplete mode 2) after 1 incomplete mode or 3) never.

Wait, are you saying there is an option to get infected after a SECOND fail of a mode? That was suggested here by many people, but when I looked it only had choices for EVERY fail or failing a REPEATED mode. I've always wished it would start after failing a mode on the second try.

Infected after a repeat will literally never been seen by me and most others (why would you repeat a completed mode when the game is already this hard). And after every fail is too hard. After second fail seems to be a nice balance, so hopefully it's in there and somehow I missed it.

#9631 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

This is an ongoing issue for me, as well. Shaking won’t clear the hang up for me. I have to open the coin door and manually activate the ball loader plunger. It may be coincidence, but I never had the issue prior to v21. It persists in v22.

This has become a huge issue for me as well. I have it WAY more often than 1 in 10 games. I would say at least one ball to the plunger per game. I've had this totally screw me out of a multiball countless times because the game thinks it served the ball, but they're just stacked in the plunger. This used to be a minor issue and has certainly gotten worse recently.

At the very least, couldn't there be a check that the shooter lane switch gets tripped right after a ball was supposed to be served? The core issue still needs to be figured out and resolved, but at least this way the game would know whether the ball made it there or not and could kick the plunger again.

#9642 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Since I don’t want to spend so much more money, I’m only buying one.
Apron mod or Living Dead Girl mod?
Which do you guys prefer, hopefully hearing from those who have them or seen them in person.
Thanks.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

My two cents. I love moding out my games. I would have to say visual wise the Living dead Girl mod gives you a very cool upgrade from the original plastic in front of her. It adds a light show and for the $ if you have to pick one its the Living Dead Girl Mod.
Although I have to say that the Apron mod is very cool idea and a great way to offer a way to keep track of things while playing. Your eyes are usually on the lower playfield. This allows you to see the progression of modes and shots during game play without looking up to the screen in the backbox.
magicchiz

Quoted from davijc02:

The living dead girl mod does add a cool factor for visuals. I’m waiting to see what Fawzma has in store for the apron mod. I think he has a lot planned for it just needs the time to work on it. I’ll be holding off on both to see where the apron mod goes and just focus on stacking funds for my next machine.

I have the apron mod installed, and got the LDG mod sitting here to be installed this weekend. As of now, if you're only picking one, I would say LDG 100%.

I hate to say this, but as it stands, the apron mod is quite underwhelming. I really HOPE there is more planned for it, because as it is now, there's no meaningful information on it that isn't on the DMD in the new software. It's not a cheap mod by any means. I think there is a lot of potential, but current price for current functionality just isn't worth it. While this probably sounds like a dig, it's more of a compliment to the continued development of the main game's display. I just hope as a customer of this mod, that the mod development continues to keep it differentiated from what is being added to the core game screen.

2 weeks later
#9711 6 years ago

Infected Mode -

Fawzma Flippers -

I like the idea of both of these, but Infected as currently implemented is either not seen or makes the game too hard - adding reverse flippers just exaggerates the issue. I stand by the idea that many here support and that is that a mode only becomes infected after the second fail. In this instance, I would support the reverse flippers. If not, as much as I really want the reverse flippers added back, I don't think anyone will actually see them if Infected stays as is (at least not anyone who's actually trying to beat the game). And if reverse flippers are added to Infected, I would remove the most difficult shots (i.e. the 3 target).

reverse flippers or inverted reverse flippers

I honestly don't know the difference between reverse, inverted, and inverted reverse. Regardless, I doubt I'd like complicating things to the point of each player choosing a flipper orientation for a maybe-never-seen mode before/during each game.

Demonoid -

Currently requires hitting 15 switches on lower playfield to complete the mode.

Add 2 targets from upper playfield as a requirement for the mode as originally programmed. This adds difficulty but provides a feeling of accomplishing something big.

I agree with adding back upper playfield targets, but actually feel like the X targets should not be part of this. There is *almost* no skill involved in hitting the X targets. Maybe if the mode was to hit any 15 (of 17) switches to complete, this would allow the X and/or upper playfield. Since the X targets are such a luck shot, this seems like a good compromise.

Fuckin' Funny Clown Secret Jackpot

Love this idea. Games (like Swords of Fury) that require you to keep balls in play while trying to jackpot on an upper playfield are awesome.

Add content for apron screen -

Not sure what should go here, but as a purchaser of the apron mod, I cannot agree more that it needs content to justify the price.

5 months later
#9917 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dear Fawzma,
I really want to add your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I can buy one.
Sincerely,
RZ #295 owner

Dear Fawzma,
I have already added your apron mod to my machine. Please find time to fully code it so I no longer regret having bought one.
Sincerely,
RZ owner

#9921 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

He’s definitely getting crushed with the workload with everything. I hope he does find the time and passion to complete the project as many spent a good amount of money for the mod.

I don't begrudge him his necessary prioritization when it comes to Spooky-related projects. That said, the fact remains that the apron mod, as it stands, is undoubtedly the worst $300+ I've ever spent on a mod. Lots of early potential, but ultimately no meat on the bone. I was initially excited about what it promised to be, but now regret being an early adopter. Given Spooky's trajectory, I'll be surprised if things like the apron mod and meaningful RZ code updates actually circle back around.

2 weeks later
#9977 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

The only thing I would like added is the ability to set infected modes to start after 1,2, or 3 fails.

To me this is critical. I don't care what they do to infection mode if it's gonna start after every fail. You fail way too many modes in RZ and infection isn't really that cool, especially to see that often. If it got reverse flippers and you still saw it after every mode fail, there's no chance I would turn it on. AT LEAST give the option to have it kick in after the second fail.

2 weeks later
#10015 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I did get the update done correctly. Holding one of the blue buttons on the board and then powering on did that. However, I'm still having huge issues..
I cannot get it to play and any attempt to go into them menu causes a reboot. With startup it takes a significant amount of time then it will give an SD card error, screen goes black, then reboot. Sometimes the game display comes on for a bit then it restarts the cycle over again.
I've checked everything I can think of at this point but this unit is nonfunctional. I'm concerned that my down payment for the Alice pinball might have to be given up as I don't want another pin that fails like this for no apparent reason.

I can't help with your current issue, but Alice uses a different (aka better) board set. Spooky switched from the Heck boards after RZ and uses Multimorphic's PROC boards for TNA and ACNC.

1 month later
#10066 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

^^Agree with everything you said - Co-Op mode should be Spooky's "Thing" since no other machine does it.

Not positive, but I think this is a P-ROC thing. The P3 games have this feature, and then TNA incorporated because it uses the same boards. I don't think the boards in RZ can do this, but I could be wrong.

2 weeks later
#10160 5 years ago

I have OCD in RZ and every W/B game I own. Frankly, I've never customized the settings, I think they look great out of the box.

4 months later
#10303 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Still wondering where to purchase the LCD screen mod...?

Frankly, I wouldn't at this point. I did and I regret it completely. It sure feels like the project has been abandoned. I know he *said* he would add more to it, but that feels like a million years ago at this point, and given how swamped he appears to be with Spooky coding, when would it realistically happen?

Maybe more purchasers would put more pressure / incentive to expand it, and I should stay quiet or encourage people to buy it. But I can't in good conscience do that. If you've seen videos of the functionality and like it as is, then by all means go for it. If you are buying based on the potential / prior promises of what it will become, I would encourage you to keep your money.

4 months later
#10320 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I wonder if they could at least add co-op modes as they are in ACNC.

Quoted from davijc02:

Apparently it’s a huge pain to work out code wise.

This was easy to add to TNA and ACNC because they run on proc. This is a feature the P3 introduced and remained easy to add in these other games using that boardset. Since RZ uses the Ben Heck board, it wouldn't be the same trying to implement it.

I still love my RZ. But since it's one of my favorite themes, I really wish it had been the first Spooky proc game instead of the last Ben Heck game.

#10323 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Umm.... WHAT? P-ROC is about how a computer interfaces with hardware components like switches, coils, and lights... it has nothing to do with game-centric rules like co-op. I can assure you that the P-ROC system knows nothing about ACNC monsters or TNA reactors.

Well, during the timeframe that TNA was expecting to receive the feature, someone from Spooky said it could be added easier because of being P-ROC. I'm just going off what I was told. Is it because there are some pre-existing code libraries or something? All Multimorphic and Spooky games with P-ROC have co-op mode.

1 month later
#10353 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

As stated before I have no skin in this game as I haven’t purchased the mod.

The problem is that there are several of us that DID buy the mod under *to this point* false pretenses regarding future functionality. This doesn't involve Spooky, but it does involve Fawzma. Yes, the whole situation could certainly be filed under "buy it for what it is, not what it might become," but that doesn't take the sting out of it. The fact that there has been complete radio silence on mod updates for I don't even know how long. At this point it's speaking volumes regarding the prospects of it ever turning into what was promised.

#10370 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

It's a dark theme. It's appropriate that the lighting is as well.

Totally disagree. If you mean don't blow it out with over-the-top PinStadium brightness, I agree 100%. This game should not be a beacon! But stock, I can barely see the ball in a dark basement. This is the only game I have PinStadiums on and it's dialed in at a slightly red-tinted low level that lights the playfield, doesn't blow out the native colors, and retains the "dark" theme. I think these (or other comparable DIY lighting) are mandatory on this game.

#10397 4 years ago

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Rob in concert? I've seen him 3 different times and was underwhelmed each time. I love his music, but something about the show didn't grab me. It's a visual production for sure, but neither my wife nor I came away thinking they were "good" shows.

#10405 4 years ago

So it looks like I am the only one (and my wife). I can't put a finger on why we're so meh about his shows. Categorically they check all the boxes, so I'm not surprised to hear everyone here likes them. There's just something missing, even though we love his music.

On the flip side, I kinda hate Korn's music, but I've seen them twice and they kicked ass. They were the second billing (aka I wasn't there to see them) and both times they were better than the headliner we were there to see. I'm still not a big fan of their music, but I decided to hit up a Korn show this summer just because they were so fun in years past (doesn't hurt that Alice in Chains is opening).

9 months later
#10559 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Has Fawzma officially given up on the mod? Are any more updates for the game itself coming?

"Officially" would suggest some (any) communication. It's been radio silence re: the apron mod for years. Pretty shitty way to treat people who threw down $300 on a promise if you ask me. Charlie has made sporadic comments about polishing the game code, but those have been sparse and rather ambiguous. I'm essentially treating both of those as dead issues and will deal with being pleasantly surprised / shocked if they ever happen.

3 months later
#10591 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just played a RZ for the first time the other day. I loved the pin and may end up buying it from the owner. I know it’s not perfect, but I can’t figure out why some people despise it the way they do. Anyway, I didn’t even realize it was an LCD. Thanks for pointing that out.

If you are at all a fan of RZ music, early solid state games (like classic Bally), or Capt. Spaulding, this game is GOLD. I happen to love all 3. I bought my game NIB, and my only regret is that I didn't wait and buy a used one for FAR cheaper. I'm a pretty good player, and my wife is strictly casual, yet in our decent size collection, this is one of our favs. None of the modes are revolutionary, and in fact are pretty easy in and of themselves. But it's near impossible to actually make it to the wizard mode. It's meant to be a simple but hard game. And some of the callouts are classic no matter how many times I hear them. This game is oozing with RobZombieness.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, the ART is not best in class

He had to be referring to the cabinet art, which is pretty sweet. The playfield art is kind of a muddled mess, although it doesn't really bother me. The "DMD" sucks, but this is a factor of using the Heck boards. Oh how I wish THIS had been their first PROC game.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I hear rumblings about a code update.

They've been promising some kind of update for forever. Fix a few things, add a few things. Supposedly there are even more callouts that could be added, and many of us have asked for the adult mode to include all adult and non-adult clips for added variety. That said, it was "promised" so long ago that I wouldn't buy RZ with any expectations that it will ever get touched again. If it does...bonus.

If you like the game for what it is now, go for it. Out of our ~30 games, this would literally be one of the last ones to leave. I think if people could get Men-in-Black-style memory wiped and came into this game now, with no expectations and without the vocal minority bashing it, far more people would feel the way you do. This will never be a game for the masses. Too many quirks/flaws for complete mass appeal. But if it strikes the right chords with you, it's a real gem.

1 month later
#10679 3 years ago

Between the insane pricing, the spammy ad tactics, and the grossly exaggerated before/afters from the owner, I've become about as anti-pinstadium as anyone, however...

This game benefits SO SO much from them. I don't have them turned up too bright. I agree with keeping the dark *mood* but I want to see the playfield. I have mine on warm white with just a tint of red. It really looks great. Not color-bombed AT ALL and it keeps the original vibe of the game, except you can see everything, even playing in a dark room. So, this is the one game I would strongly recommend Pinstadiums.

#10686 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Which flasher/what did you attach Orions belt to on yours?

I think Orion is overkill on any game, but even if you like it, there's only 2 flashers in RZ. Get the uv glow version and connect to the purple flasher.

3 weeks later
#10711 3 years ago

Has anyone else tried this yet? I tried installing and it bricked my game. I followed the instructions exactly, and I've never had issues before.

After install it hangs during the boot on the new version. I reloaded files onto the SD card, but since the game doesn't get past boot, I can't get to the menu to try and reload the code.

Happy Fn Halloween!!

#10722 3 years ago

SpookyCharlie - I've given up hope for most of the wishlist things people have had (I get it, the game is old, need to move on), but I have a single EASY(?) request.

For most fans of the game, the callouts are one of (if not the single) best thing about the game. Please, please, PLEASE make adult mode pull from a pool of ALL audio clips. They're already being used (in non-adult mode) and there are some great ones. The variety in clips would benefit the game significantly!

4 months later
#10807 3 years ago

Some people paid a premium to buy into the mods after they were discontinued. I think it's pretty cool to respect the investment of those people and stick to not producing. Those people (I assume) paid the premium because they thought that was the only way to get in.

Plus, there are really cool Medisinyl mods for multiple games. I'd rather see his talents get spread to new games than get bogged down churning out all the same old stuff. On the waiting list to get the EHOH mods and I don't even have the game yet.

#10817 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[Didn't mean to derail the RZ thread in this way]

Yeah guys. He's made his stance VERY clear, and there's absolutely nothing unreasonable about it. Respect it and move on.

#10825 3 years ago

Didn't the original design have missing ribs on purpose? I know mine had several missing from the start.

#10841 3 years ago

My RZ has become borderline unplayable due to balls in the trough stacking up. All the time during a game, I get the first 2 balls stacked up in the trough, so the game thinks there is a ball in play. This ends up burning ball saves all the time and kills some multiballs too. We end up needing to shake the machine virtually to a tilt to settle the balls back out.

Anyone have any ideas?

#10843 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Are they stacking up at the end?
Where the coil kicks them up?
rd

Yes. If you look into the trough from the shooter lane, you can see a ball on top of another, so the game thinks there's one less ball in the trough than there is.

#10846 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

RZ has no jam switch. Mine has had similar trough issues but I haven't had time to really dig into the cause yet. I don't think it stacked the balls very often when I first got it, so I'm hoping I can tweak it back to behaving better. Pretty sure the balls aren't magnetized. Now I've got the itch to play RZ so will take a look this weekend.

Yeah, this was only an intermittent problem at most early on. Lately it's ALL THE TIME. Renders a lot of ball save timers worthless and impacts how many balls come out for multiball. Not sure what's changed, but it has definitely gotten much worse over time.

#10850 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Where can I find the m&m creations mrs mod? Years ago I change the switch in the lock loop to a stern switch and slightly bent the rail to take out the flat spot. It has worked maybe 95-98%, but not 100%. Still occasionally have an issue. Would love to make it 100%. Thanks.

PM Sonic

1 month later
#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I have regular pinstadiums on mine that are controlled with their phone app. I have the the gi tinted red a little and set about 15 to 20 percent. I will see if I can get a pic tonight

I'm doing the same thing. This is the only game I use PS on, but I think it looks amazing in this game, colored just as you mention. Adds a nice hue that maintains the "dark theme" without ANY color-bombing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.