image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

this guys art is awesome check it out that pinball well be sweet looking
http://www.alexhorleyart.com/home.html

If the LE Backglass is the Albino Witch I've got a lot of explaining to do at home. But it would be pretty magnificent.
(NSFW http://www.alexhorleyart.com/rob_zombie.html)

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Sent Kayte an email earlier today with no response yet...

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

emailed today saying I'd be in for an LE spot but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

I sent a message to Charlie earlier yesterday with a similar request. Not sure if that's who I should message or not. No response yet.

Charlie has said on facebook and maybe here too that they got real behind on emails and were going to catch up today/tomorrow. They had a long road trip to deal with yesterday so I would't be concerned with a delay. I would however, recommend using KT as the point of contact for orders.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Again, we're not asking for a dime up front. You want your name on the list? Do so now... they will be OFFERED (not sold) as received. This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it. I'm not "pre-order" money taking, or expecting anything sight unseen.
The 50 LE's are strictly a THANK YOU to AMH customers...
No way I'm taking out a feature for 1 version over the other... I hate that stuff. Without the AMH customers who took a chance on us, we aren't even having this conversation right now. People forget how hard a sell AMH was. I'm glad it did sell out, and yes, we are turning down sales every day by not making more. We said 150 units, and we stick to our word. That means something to us.
The Rob Zombie layout is not going to be yet another fan layout.. I don't believe they all need to be. People wanted more flow, more toys, more everything from what it started life as, and we did that. It's going to be fast & wild. Make your shots (it has 5 nice flow shots) and you'll be rewarded.

I want it even more now. Thanks for the post! I like the part about reservations, no deposit until game shown. Unfortunately I didn't get that memo on Saturday night but don't think the reveal will change my mind. I was one of the few who liked "from the grave" on video due to the chaos, so feeling positive about a re-worked version.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can people who have put their name on the list for a game say whether it's the license or just Spooky's rep that has lead you to this decision without even seeing any art or a playfield drawing?

Spooky's rep. The reason why I bought an AMH was that I wanted to reward what I thought was the right way to do things - and I heard it was loads of fun, of course. For this game I completely trust the reputation now that I've had first hand experience with it.

The theme is not exciting really, but with the art it could be incredible. The best part of the theme, for me, is that it probably isn't a huge risk on my part if I don't like the game.

One other factor? Call me crazy, but I loved the way PZFBTG looked on video. Punishing chaos is the way I like it!

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Warning - do not take AMH code and dump to any other game.. you might fry something. Don't ask why I know this.
I don't have an answer about open source for this, good question though. If it does go open source, I'll be putting it out on Github most likely.

I hope it is - I was able to suggest a small bug fix that worked by looking through the code. It's really one of the big reasons why trusted buying a pin without a big software department since i had faith in the community to take over/redevelop if Ben got hit by a bus...

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Tried to get in on the LE, but I was too late, haha. That's okay, AMH should ship this week!
Dan

There is almost guaranteed to be some attrition before the reveal/commit date so you might be just fine!

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

ow do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

I don't think I ever knew it. I suppose it is my serial number if I went an inspected the game?

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Vengeance Rising, Tourniquet, Deliverance? So much hairy fun out there.

All the bands I was into in highschool and tried to emulate while in bands. Only got to see Deliverance though. My Vengeance (I never accepted the "Rising" part) shirt always got a lot of looks... You'll notice that I had no love for bloodgood though . One bad pig, Barrencross, Bride, and others could play that role for me!

#425 8 years ago

Maybe this is best for an offline discussion.
Edit
Thanks!

#434 8 years ago

Why do I think that Charlie might be already sick of all this LE whining and may never offer one again?

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Got in on a standard(I hope?) so that's good at least.

If you didn't get a reply confirm check in again - Spooky's facebook page said yesterday, I think, that they had gone through the emails so check in again if no response received.

#569 8 years ago

The underside of the playfield has been out for a while. Pops look like pzftg, but clearly there are other elements. I got it from Ben's twitter and posted it up on the second game thread.

spooky 2.jpgspooky 2.jpg

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Why cant you release an outline/shot map of the game like Heighway did of Aliens?
Nothing but a theme is annouced and you want me to email and say im interested in spending $6000 for a game?

No risk for you with the email and shot maps cost money.

Regardless, perhaps it's best that you not send your email on this one.

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Why the low tolerance for questions?
Tough crowd...
-mof

Because of who asked. Nothing but whining.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=zentron

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You guys keep making it sound like a no obligation pre-order, but it's simply not the case. Once artwork is revealed, buyers are obligated to put money down without being able to try it first for fear of losing a spot. Candy coat it all you want, but it is still a high pressure sales situation for customers... like finding a below market value pin on CL that everyone loves to hunt and compete for, but it remains an awkward NIB purchase scenario.

How would you prefer to do it for a limited release? I thought about it a little and it's hard to do fairly unless it's an unlimited run.

Personally I don't consider it high pressure at all with respect to Spooky. The only pressure is just dealing with yourself on whether you want something bad enough to skip knowing all the information ahead of time.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Ben Heck mentioned it in his interview.

Was it clear? I didn't think it was clear... but either way, KT will tell you - and, keep in mind that since no money has been asked for, there could be attrition so surely the interested list is > 300.

11 months later
#5073 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

RZ tweaked in is amazing.
I set ball save to 6 seconds and tweaked in slings and pops. Also dialed sound in by lowering sub woofer and putting music up to 92.
We probably put 50 games on it yesterday.

Did you get the skill shot possible?
I haven't figured out the right set up. I've haven't even been able to get it with the glass off rolling the ball into the sling.

#5097 7 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Is anyone one having an issue with a ball getting stuck behind the drop target and it not being able to clear during the ball search?

Once I leveled the game that mostly went away - now in the rare time it sticks a slight nudge will send it down. It's really a non-issue for me now. I get most sticks from behind - either in the center back of the orbit in a flat spot that I hope to modify somehow, or somewhere under the upper PF but I haven't figured out where exactly yet, but most of those can be recovered with a slap to the backside of the cab.

#5138 7 years ago

Thought I'd offer a few thoughts and suggestions after a few weeks with the game. It's fun and I've noticed some improvements in build since the early days. Honestly I didn't expect to keep it very long, but right now I have no plans to sell it and it already sent another new game packing. The game has a good code set so far, it just needs some tweaks.

Suggestions/opportunities for mods:
1) it needs beefier drop target brackets - you can bend them down to reduce airballs and watch them bend back on the next shot. I intend on putting some bracing between the bracket and the hole in the PF to try to improve this.
2) There needs to be some more protection to keep balls on the ramp. For example, there are a couple places were something like the Metallica Habit Trail mod could really be of use, I just need to figure out exactly where (no body likes sneeze guards. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic
3) Ball sticks in the back of the orbit and inside the DR SATAN shot. These don't always come out without a tilt. I don't think these will be terrible to fix once they are figured out.

Software wishes/bugs - using v6:
1) progressive skill shot - since the shot is more of a "luck" shot, maybe giving a progressive reward would be nice - a few points for #1, more for #2, and lots for #3.
2) Extra ball - the only way I've gotten it lit is to make the skill shot. I don't think the skill shot should award that in the first place, but I hope there is another way.
3) I completed Dragula mode then opted for the video mode, but the insert did not light.
4) 1000 corpse multiball - after I went back to single ball play I couldn't start it again - the drop stayed down and could not get locks.
5) Scores need lots of balancing. You can do lots of hard work for virtually no points. Right now there seems to be no insentive to do anything but the Living Dead Girl add-a-ball.
6) Jackpots, and more scores in general, need to show up on the DMD. Without taking the glass off it's really hard to figure out how you are scoring!
7) more movement adjustment for spalding in the software to set the close and the open position would be nice.
_8) individual sling strength control would be good too - The bottom slings are too strong and create airballs but I don't want to dial back the others.

There may very well be some user error in my suggestions above.

Hope this didn't come across too negative, those waiting have something to look forward to, that's for sure.

#5140 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

A couple people have suggested this and I like it. But maybe I'm not understanding the 3 bounces here. I thought #1 was no switch at all, it just bounces off the rubber back towards the sling on the right, no? How do you account for #1 without #2?

#1 is a sling as well!

Speaking of skill shots, I've been meaning to pick up a lighter congo/TZ type shooter spring to see if that puts a little more skill in the skill:luck ratio.

#5145 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

4 - currently you can only play this mode once per ball. I'll have to consider a way to re-qualify with the same ball..

What about the standard way? It's hard enough, but you could make it harder if you want by increasing number of times to get drop down maybe.

Thanks for all your work / consideration of my comments.

1 week later
#5234 7 years ago

Mr. M. ... what "ball hanging up at the bend in ramp" are you referring to?

FYI, I've had this issue as well - there is a flat spot in the back of the orbit so the ball gets stuck sometimes. As far as the other stick I reference below I haven't figured out that one yet.

Quoted from btw75:

3) Ball sticks in the back of the orbit and inside the DR SATAN shot. These don't always come out without a tilt. I don't think these will be terrible to fix once they are figured out.

#5245 7 years ago

Grab a photo if you can next time it happens and email so I know for sure what it is... we kept the rails at 15 degrees (thanks Dennis!) and really just haven't seen that.

Its a really obvious flat spot in the back, but I'll certainly take a pic to send. It hasn't worried me greatly, it doesn't happen often given the slow roll it takes to hang which is why I haven't pestered you.

Had a couple hang ups in the "secret passage" that comes out to the right of the right most pop at the show in Atlanta... but it was a switch sitting just a tick high. Little hip check knocked it out.
[email protected]

Usually a big slap on the side does it. I'll check the switch for sure - thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=btw75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.