image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bman46.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7396 7 years ago

I'm a huge Rob Zombie & Pinball fan. I ordered this machine (which will be the first I own) and am on the waitlist to get it. Looking forward to it.

2 months later
#8184 6 years ago

Just got word that my Rob Zombie shipped. I'm quite excited to say the least.

Since i'm a newbie I was wondering if anyone had instructions on setting this up once I got it. Does it come with assembly instructions? I know it sounds stupid but everyone's knowledge on a topic has to start somewhere and I knew you were the people to ask.

Thanks in advance.

#8188 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I'm fairly certain there are instructions but I don't believe the setup of this game is different from any other. There are lots of resources on setting up a new game and Stern put out like a 14 part video on Youtube of first time setup - from unboxing, to leveling, to testing.
I recommend you check it out, lots of useful information in there.

Thank you - i'll watch these.

How many people do you think I need for lifting and coordinating getting the legs on?

#8189 6 years ago

Just watched one of those videos and it looks much simpler then i expected.

#8191 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'd put the front legs on and sit it on those. From there you can life the back and let it rest on your leg or some other object to get the back legs on. This worked like a champ for me.

That's a good idea - Thanks

#8195 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Big thing, is get the legs on it and standing on them BEFORE you cut any wrap or ties holding the head down. If you have it sitting on it's back end and cut those before getting it in playing position the head will fall back and probably break something or at least get nicked. There was a warning on only one side of my game (not a big deal to me). I think Charlie is starting to put the warning stickers on multiple sides so you should be warned, but that is the thing I would worry most about if you've never setup a game.

When i just watched that stern video that's how they did it as well and it makes sense. I didn't realize it was packed standing up which actually seems to make it much easier to get the legs on then i expected it to be. Thanks for all of the help. I'm hopeful to be able to help some other newbie down the line.

#8198 6 years ago

Oh yeah, did anyone warn you pins are a disease and usually don't stop with just one...more like just one more...

I can totally believe this. I've loved pinball forever and once i bought my new house that has more room I planned on getting a pinball machine. Hearing that there was a Rob Zombie one put me over the edge. It was between this and Metallica but Metallica is literally everywhere and I can go somewhere and play that one.

#8220 6 years ago

Look what came today......

spooky (resized).jpgspooky (resized).jpg

#8221 6 years ago

So what's the best way to do this? I wantched the stern video and what I was going to do was take off the wrap and leave it on the pallet - then attach the front legs and tip it forward and attach the rear legs.....the stern video though shows a tie holding the head down so that if you take the shrink wrap off the head doesnt fall back when working in the shipped position however the spooky wrapping has this warning.

spooky2 (resized).jpgspooky2 (resized).jpg

#8226 6 years ago

If you don't have a pinball dolly, just rip the wrap in the corners so you can put the legs on and do it like the Stern videos. Just don't take it all off until it's on it's legs.

OK cool i'll try this - I'm going to get someone to help out and just hold the head so it doesnt end up falling backwards while Im doing the legs. I'll update you all later - Thanks for all of the help and support.

#8232 6 years ago

Is there any shutdown procedure to this game or do you just flip the switch underneath? Thanks

#8235 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just flip it off

awesome that makes it simple

#8236 6 years ago

I have adult auto set to on in the settings but its not too adulty. Am i doing something wrong or so immune to adult themes i dont even notice? lol

#8238 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If Capt Spaulding tells you to go fuck yourself, you're good.

He does not - how do i get into that mode?

#8240 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I said that kind of tongue in cheek. It's just a game call out.
To get into adult mode, go into game settings and make sure both audio and video are set to adult. If you do it right, Sherri Moon will say 'OK, but there's tits, ass, and a lot of fucking curse words in here.'
Also make sure you have V19.

You just sent me in the right direction - i think i got it now

#8241 6 years ago

I am up and running thanks to all of your help

RZ (resized).jpgRZ (resized).jpg

#8244 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Hell yeah man enjoy it! I've been told I'm about 2 weeks from mine shipping! Seriously more anxious than a kid for Christmas. Especially since Fawzma is currently killing this next code update with some awesomeness!

It plays really well - i have some kind of issue with the robot that i'm trying to troubleshoot

#8246 6 years ago

Correct - even when i test it in the menu.

#8258 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

OK, so I got the email today from KT, my game is ready. Yay!
I was in another thread that people have been getting damaged games from some shipper, I think R&L was the name.
To the happy people, who shipped your game?
Thanks!

It was R&L - It was not damaged at all and the shipping guy was nice. He even helped me bring it in (i offered to pay him)

#8263 6 years ago

So I'm 4 days in and my thoughts so far

-Great Game

-Still have the servo robot issue that i'm going to try to look at this weekend based on the spooky video

-Scoring is a little odd. I feel that completing a level/mode should be worth more points then it is because I feel like I get more points from a multiball then completing a level which is super hard to do. I've literally only completed 1 mode so far (The What Mode)

-I love the chop ball save

-Could have more sounds/callouts etc but that's supposed to be coming in V20

Overall love the machine. Super addicting.

#8280 6 years ago

Does anoyone have a video or pictures on the proper way to lift this playfield and keep it in the upright position? I looked on youtube and found videos and a lot referenced a kickstand which this does not have. How do you keep it up without it falling or damaging anything? I did lift it it just seems like what i was doing was incorrect. Thanks in advance.

#8281 6 years ago

Also no luck with the robot after fiddling with it.

#8286 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

RZLE#21 on its way!!! I was told the box was designed by Mr. Zombie himself.

That is badass -
I wouldn't be able to throw out the box

#8287 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You lift ti by lifting the front - sliding the whole thing forward until it stops, then lifting all the way up and resting it gently back on the head box. It will be at an angle that stops if from falling forwards then. There is no kickstand - those things are on older games and were terrible.

Thanks - just seems awkward and i dont want to break or scratch aomething

#8288 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And don't forget to either remove the balls first, before lifting ... or stuff a rag down the hole to stop them coming out.
rd

I did that based on tipa from the videos i had watched - thanks for looking out

2 weeks later
#8428 6 years ago

So what's the trick to hitting the left orbit? I have a hell of a time with it for some reason. I hit it sometimes but i feel like it's more luck then a strategy.

#8431 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Trap then on a slow roll, shoot when the ball is close to the end of the flipper. Practice makes perfect.

I get so frustrated when i spell dragula and then cant get into video mode before draining the ball.

#8462 6 years ago

the ball keeps getting stuck
In the launcher and not making it into the launch lane. It's happening every few games. I tried doing a servo test but no servos seem to do anything in the test except for the shaker. Any ideas? Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8467 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Something may have rattled loose on the coil that kicks it out of the trough(one of the coil mounting brackets ) most likely the one that holds the coil near the bottom . Check to make sure your coil is secure and aligned .

To clarify my question it's the actuator that's moving the ball from the ball queue through the exit into the trough. Would that be the same answer? Thanks for the help.

#8468 6 years ago

I turned the ball loader strength up to 9 from 8.5 and so far so good - we'll see.

#8473 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Was going to suggest that also , just thought something might be loose or not aligned to cause that to lose strength . Good to hear it is working , with such an easy fix .

Its just a bit confusing why the strength would have to be adjusted when it was always set to 8.5 before and the problem just started happening. Does the ball loader get weaker with use?

#8475 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

As parts wear out yes , coil sleave, and plunger mostly but this would be only after tons of plays . In a home use , years of play . But if the coil mounts are loose they can cause it to lose power also . Which is why I thought something may have rattled loose if it was fine with factory setting for the power and now it needs a little more . These are mechanical issues that could make it weaker .Power issues could also make it weaker as well.

I did check the screws and whatnot -
Nothing seems loose - the game has maybe 300 plays on it - a mystery - however i played the game at a local place that has it and it had the same issue

#8485 6 years ago

I was discussing this with my wife. Are there any other games that have the amount of callouts/taunting as RZ? She says it's her favorite because of that.

#8491 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Number 291 is home safe!

Some early thoughts with 20 games or so:
-I get ball searched A LOT. Ball search kicks in when I'm trying to get a clean transfer to the right flipper, the code should only ball search when the flippers aren't being used.
-Shots are not as tough as I was expecting. I watched streams, but this is my first hands on with the game and the right orbit is not as tight as I was expecting.
-Why does the knocker go off twice for an extra ball, but once for a replay?
-Iiving dead girl is tons of fun. I love that it's easy to get an exciting multiball and new players will definitely dig it.
Can't wait for v20!

I see you have your pinball on hard floors and so do i. Do you add pads so the feet dont scratch the floor up? I did but it kind of slides around too much when you shake it so wondering how you handled it. Thanks

#8496 6 years ago

Does anyone else get marking on their
Playfield from the balls. Happens everywhere the ball repeatedly goes. Is this normal?

IMG_5515 (resized).JPGIMG_5515 (resized).JPG

#8508 6 years ago

I'm getting a lot of airballs off of target #2 next to the zombie ramp. Any idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks

#8510 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

I will look into that thanks

1 week later
#8674 6 years ago

My machine keeps throwing a missing balls alert even though all 7 balls are in the ball loader. Any ideas?

#8679 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Does the switch matrix confirm you have 7 balls, and does the game still start

The game won't start this is what the matrix looks like
-
It shows it missing a ball

IMG_5592 (resized).JPGIMG_5592 (resized).JPG

#8681 6 years ago

It appears to be the trough 1 switch but what do you do about that?

#8686 6 years ago

Found the wire that's the culprit but what does it connect to and how do you reattach?

IMG_5593 (resized).JPGIMG_5593 (resized).JPG

#8690 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Goes to the non-banded side of the diode... switch matrix chart explaining this found here: http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Can you give me the "For Dummies" explanation of this?

#8691 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Can you give me the "For Dummies" explanation of this?

Issue moved to email with Charlie. He's helping me. Thanks

#8738 6 years ago

The update went well - does anyone else have the never gonna stop song at the end rattle everything and sound kind of poor? I wonder if it's a setting or something but everything rattles.

#8762 6 years ago

So far i really like the update - i think the sound balancing just needs work - certain sounds are way louder than others (like when what starts or never gonna stop) and it sounds like it's clipping.

#8771 6 years ago

The more I play the more I like it - It made a really good game better - I also turned sfx down to 80 from 100 (how it was by default) - sounds a bit better.

#8784 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

i winziped onto the sd card . i really do not understand any other way to do this the game is working though . for some of us not so computer savy this whole thing seems complicated

Assuming updating Rob Zombie #2 tonight goes well and if you are continuing to have problems i'll swing by and help you

#8799 6 years ago

I've now updated 2 RZ machines to V20 - went very smooth. If anyone is sitting on the fence just do the upgrade - it makes the game better.

#8810 6 years ago

Upgraded 3 of these RZ machines now - no issues - great job spooky

2 weeks later
#8927 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Finally topped 100 million on this game!

getting to 10 million is hard....

#8932 6 years ago

OK, so had a weird bug last night. On v20, infected off.
We were playing a 2 player game. A ball got stuck on top of the robot pop bumper and didn't come off with ball search (maybe make the robot move more during ball search?). So the game kicked another ball out which was cool at first since we could play and finished our games.
Then we started another 2 player game, game said a ball was missing, but the game started. However, once the ball that was stuck came unstuck, things got weird. When one of the balls drained, the game showed the ball over bonuses, etc., player cycled, and another ball kicked out. I can almost expect this. Then the 'extra' ball that was floating around the playfield drained. No ball over animation that I remember from that one.
Now from this point forward (above happened on ball one) the game would randomly end the ball in the middle of playing the ball. It did this for all remaining balls of the 2 player game.
A reboot seemed to fix it, but if it sounds like a hardware issue, let me know what to look for and I can check that tonight/tomorrow. It really felt like maybe a memory stomp or the total ball count in the trough got off and stayed off. It probably would have been better to not allow a game to start if a ball was missing, but it was really nice to start the games without taking glass off to fix the ball since balls can get stuck on RZ where you can't even see them but they usually come out when you play.

exact same thing happened to me last night - i ended up powering off and powering back up and it worked again

#8934 6 years ago

How do you actually score points on this on v20? I used to do 20-30mil easy, now
Im averaging 3-5mil with 10mil being a great game. Where are the points?

#8937 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My average scores went way down with v20 also , which is a good thing because the game does feel more balanced for scoring now . Points are in completing modes and doing well on the multiballs . If you can complete around 3 modes and pick up a few super jackpots your average scores should be in the 20 millions . Huge score boost comes from completing house of 1,000 corpses , but that is tough . On v20 I have not completed it with just one time there , takes me 2 times there to complete. There has been a few games I went twice to house of 1,000 corpses and did not complete it

It definitely makes the game a lot harder - the upside is when you have people over and they don't understand that you need to beat modes (which non-pinballers don't) it's going to be pretty hard for them to win.

#8944 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Just topped 100 million again ! ... barely. I really liked this game before ,but v20 just put it over the top and I now consider Rob Zombie my favorite game . Congrats and thank you team spooky .

Strategy? Just beat modes?

#8957 6 years ago

Does anyone know which fuses are good to have on hand with this
Machine (just in case)

#8959 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

3amp slo blo, 5mm by 20mm---pinball life or amazon has them, they are a bit hard to find these days since radio shack is gone.. I blew Vuk fuse one night bought these with amazon prime got them next day.
amazon.com link »

Thank you - i was placing an order and figured i should have some of these just in case.

2 years later
#10535 4 years ago

I personally dont like the Alice Cooper game at all and ive played it a lot. I just dont find the shots fun in any way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bman46.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=bman46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.