Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2064 3 years ago

Heres a few crappy screen shots from the video.20151211_151011.jpg20151211_150944.jpg20151211_150844.jpg20151211_150746.jpg20151211_150618.jpg20151211_150717.jpg

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Then you'll be really shocked when these trade for $20k

lol thats saying alot their

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You just earned my respect with that line if you are true to that statement and don't actually flip it. That is some for the love of pinball stuff right there...
Nothing against spooky as I feel that their tactics are brilliant.
AMH limited to 150. Funky theme but the owners are unknowingly rewarded with first shot at RZLE. RZ capped at 300, everyone thinks "not gonna miss my chance again for spooky #3 LE & the opportunity for easy flip".
RZ sells out instantly with backup list at double.
Watch spooky #3 come out at 600 units and sell out instantly for the same above reasons.
Leaving money on the table so to speak builds strong loyalty & probably will help some others lick their wounds from other failed pin co.'s...
This unrealized gain from people holding onto their spooky pins or realized gains from those who flip will filter right back into spooky's next title after title after title as the company grows and grows...
Exact opposite approach of JJP building 3000 mercedes benz pins....Instead Spooky only makes a few hundred chevy pins and we will be tripping all over ourselves for them for years to come.
That's some brilliant marketing genius shit right there because people are on here talking about a basic 2 ramp, 2 spinny toy pinball machine being worth TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!

Does the rob zombie pin have one ramp or two. .? I thought one ?

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

People seem to think TSPP is a great game. One ramp...one VUK to a mini playfield...same as RZ. But RZ's left orbit can go to one of three places, going to the upper playfield, or into a Rudy's hideout sort of area that can start a mode , or out another orbit (more specifics in the podcast). I believe I also heard the robot can follow the ball, which I always find to be a neat feature. It sounds like this machine really has a lot more going on than meets the eye or has been revealed yet (dots, callouts etc.), and to have what sounds like the best skill shot in all of pinball (and spaced out pops/extra slings), there needs to be a bit less going on in some parts of the playfield.

Did you really compare it to tspp ? That is one of the most loaded pins of all time and while its not my cup of tea I dont think the rz pin is anywhere near the level of tspp as far as toys/features ?

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Look at your Jurassic Park. One ramp, one interactive toy like the robot appears to be and...
It's pretty darn cool. Especially with that new code. I should know.

Jp is also 2k and the Dino eats the ball ..... just saying lol

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I doubt it ever becomes a $20K game because in the case of BBB the buy in was much higher if I'm not mistaken and therefore the selling price would be higher. However, if the video is awesome I can definitely see the game going into the $12-$15K range.
What would both RZ and AMH as a pair be worth NIB in 3 years if someone decided not to open them?

O my ... maybe I sld off 8k for someones now then....may be the only way to ever own one if not a original purchaser. ..

#2719 3 years ago

You all are getting a tad bit crazy in this thread lol

#2742 3 years ago

Well it has nice animations .......love the color screen

1 week later
#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Since thread is super silent i wanted to give it a bump

There's really nothing to talk about till the video stream is available from dead flip

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is pic from FB.
Looks like it is going fast!

12391084_1003945839666643_3509720092526940851_n.jpg

Nice hopefully they get it done before the big change in weather this week .

#3409 3 years ago

What a difference a week makes in the weather lol.. im sure the ice and snow will or has slowed things down .. supposed to be pretty cold compared to how its been also gl all involved

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Very jealous that you guys got to play it today! Glad to hear positive reports, looking forward to the stream in a few weeks!

Do you really think there wlld be any negative things said lol? I cant wait for the dead flip stream tho.

#3681 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The mock-up plastics w/original playfield seem to tie it all together with the cabinet and translite art.

playfield_new_plastics_(resized).jpg

Upper play field is not the original,...

1 week later
#3881 3 years ago

Looks as brutal as my bsd and twd prem which is awesome but frustrating lol. The color dots are my favorite part of the rz pin .

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm happy that a game encourages bypassing the miniplayfield. If the miniplayfield gave a good reward that I wanted to go for everytime then it would get really boring really fast. It should play against you to keep it up there too, because even if it was just a "Well it won't hurt you, but there's no big reward", then you end up with a WWE type scenario where you're in the upper playfield with absolutely nothing to do, but since it's safe and you're still getting small points for it, why not just keep doing it?

I dont think its gonna be a issue as the upper play field is gonna get old very quickly regardless . I think it definitely needs to be implemented in other ways since its going to be up there alot .

1 week later
#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

$1K Really?? If you can't afford $1K for a machine that's easily going to be worth $8K upon completion then you should probably pick another hobby.

Its already worth 1500 more than it costs orgianly ? Sounds like buying a spooky pin is a no brainer in the future and a great investment ? Lol
I know pins are not a investment but your saying this is a sure thing......

3 months later
#4704 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pausing for a second and realizing, this game was announced less than a year ago and is already shipping, despite:
1) its only their second game 2) they moved physically 3) they didnt have a full time programmer at the start of the project 4) its their first license 5) they werent quite done shipping first game.
There are other factors but these are first that come to mind.
Its remarkable success story and well deserved. Cant wait to play it again at Southern Fried in a cpl mos.

Very true and a great job getting them out on spooky . Remember tho the basic pin design and layout has been done for a few years tho (pinball zombies from beyond the grave) and the theme was changed and things were refined/added to make it play better and give a much better experience.

4 weeks later
#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Has anyone posted any pics of the inside?

You have a bulb socket out by the one pop bumper.....other than that not much to see under there and surprisingly not many mechs

#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I saw this in person when I picked up my game a month or 2 back.......it looks awesome...
Just listed on Pinball Life's website....

Cool and its only 300.00 ......

1 week later
#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Most of the day for RZ... The ball and a half I was able to play was alright. Couldn't hear shit though. Is there a lot of weld splatter on the wire forms of production run games?

Yea seems to be the case most the time i go to play amh or rz at shows....

3 weeks later
#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Really surprised by this, I think it's one of the most fun, original machines I've ever played.

All just opinion tho.... i actually didn't care for amh or rz but if i had to choose it be amh bc the gameplay and rules are better imo. Love the rz theme/ band / movies tho but the gameplay just isn't for me and many others i know agree. I highly doubt anyone will pay 13 k for one as there are many better games sitting at 8-9 k not selling .I really hope people dont start selling them with these crazy price tags ... its a real shame the hobby has turned this way ... i for one wld just sell it for around what i had in it but people can do as they choose .

3 weeks later
#5692 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Played a ton again in Joes booth at replay. Thanks again Joe for continuing to make spooky accessible for us in this region.
I struggle to find a desire to play the game. I had not kept up on recent changes on the game so I was going in "clean"
I found the chop ball save consuming as it was hard for the player to connect the events together on why they were getting a ball save.
The minipf.... A snore. Give me something to mix it up or prompt me more to get some "return" for success.
The kind of blurry style for the display doesn't resonate with me... And readability was challenging at times. We liked the bloody scores tho.
Modes in general and the progression... I didn't feel success for doing things. The most fun we had was with the video mode but there I was still trying to work out which targets scored better or if I needed to avoid anything
Maybe it's the audio? But I had trouble knowing if my modes were done, close, etc. maybe progress indicators on the mode select screen could help too
Unfortunately it's like hobbit for me right now... Pretty but uncompelling to play when I have other options at hand. I found myself queuing up for got or gb without guilt.... Or seeking out papa games that are fun in their specific challenges. I've yet to find that mode or objective or payout in RZ or hobbit that keeps me coming back to try again
That compelling objective that taunts you and has the big return is what I really want to discover in this game. That's the subconscious thing that keeps you trying and again

How dare you say that about the highly coveted and rare rz pin.

1 month later
#5991 3 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Glad I opted for a later built machine. This will be my first new pinball machine. Looking forward to not have to fix anything or have stuff that needs attention. Just play and enjoy the game. I am like 224 so by then all fixes, will hopefully be in place.

You will still be adjusting and fixing things .

1 month later
#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Does this pin come with cabinet leg protectors, or will I be needing these?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

Installed from factory

2 months later
#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

From spooky Facebook page, it appears you can still order this game if you email them. I'm already on the list but if you're looking for one, email them.

Crazy so many cancelled and backed out .... also alot of them for sale on pinside. Was thinking the next title from spooky wld double in production size but not so sure now.

#6813 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Being that the pin kicks ass, I tend think a lot of the cancellations were due to people not having the scratch when it came due and/or speculators realizing they would not be able to quick flip it for a big profit.
If you are getting bored of TZ and like fast, challenging, rare and beautiful pins I say go for it. If Superpins with lots of interactive toys, ramps and mechanisms are your favorite don't do it.

Seriously doubt it was the money as its one of the cheaper options out there for nib. Seems the used market has went to hell also for them recently. Im guessing most have played one by now and just didn't care for it unfortunately. Its not a bad pin but not my kind of pin but i have no doubt they will sell and i hope this dont mess things up for the next title as i was hoping that spooky wld still grow and do 500-600 units.

1 month later
#7164 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryanx0r:

Thank you whoever passed on 191! It will be shipping out to me this week. Very excited to have my own after playing it at SFGE and the local barcade.

Quoted from herg:

You're welcome. A friend had #69, and I decided to shortcut my wait when he decided to sell. Congrats on your game.

I passed on it also lol....glad someone that wanted it got it....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside