Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Should be 200 LE and 300 standards....

That seems like way too many games for a company still so young in their cycle. I hope they stick with the under-promising and over-delivering model and don't flip it or else they could be in trouble later and I really want these guys around for the long haul!

#201 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming. Maybe some will back out, maybe not, but either way...

Too late to change it now as you said but maybe a drawing would have been better for LEs? Previous AMH owners get double the chances of getting drawn or something of the sort but would allow a newcomer to have a chance at an LE as well. I also would require more money for the LEs to make sure they are serious or require the money earlier. While I love the no/minimal pre-order money model for something like this if there is no commitment to putting your name on a list right now then I bet a lot of people did just because and will decide later. Which is silly that people that may have genuine interest in the theme or the game lose out to someone who just gets in on everything and can back out later cause they have no skin in the game at the time.

3 weeks later
#861 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You guys do realize this is a discussion forum and the purpose is to, um, discuss? I don't think anyone said anything here overly outrageous but only questioned what the reasoning was for announcing the title so far in advance of being able to show anything or provide any more details about the game. Seemed like a pretty innocent question to discuss IMO.

I think part of it is Spooky is in the works of finding and securing a manufacturing warehouse and adding resources to increase production into next year for the new game and everything moving forward. I think it's extremely smart to gauge the interest of their new game in advance to help plan and budget accordingly. I'm hoping the overwhelming interest in RZ will just further increase their investment into pumping out games faster in the future as the community has shown support for them and their games so now they can take some more of the riskier investments to make themselves better and more efficient into the future. I have no problem with an early announcement as long as they ain't asking for money and they aren't yet, so good for them!

5 months later
#1791 3 years ago

Before this goes ape s**t, and yes... I'm a nervous wreck today, I'm going to give my one and only PS gameplay explanation. Jack Danger will be in our shop on Jan. 15th and we'll explain it fully then and along the way on our podcast.

Charlie,

Can you clarify now(and likely save yourself and KT 500 e-mails and calls), will you all send out an e-mail to those of us with a pre-order and if so when, explaining the next steps to either secure our reservation or let it go. Basically do we need to contact you all or will you contact us and if so by when? Thanks, looking forward to the reveal!

#2062 3 years ago

I will work on a quick and not very polished game play video on Monday... post it either Monday night or Tuesday. Right now, trying to pack up some AMH's for customers.

MINE!!!!!????
#116?! Give it some loving care and get that thing out the door, RZ can wait for right now!

1 week later
#3227 3 years ago

LE #20 and my AMH coming this week finally!

Merry Christmas for everyone!
min.gif

3 months later
#4557 3 years ago

Based on some e-mails I received about mine being likely to ship within a month(being about a week ago) and I am mid/early LE I would say very likely unless they hit some snags.

#4585 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I read it as 200 for the Back Alley addons, 20 for plastic protectors and 80 for LED upgrade. Total add on tab of 300. Which doesn't seem out of the realm. If you bought all that kind of goods for any other machine it would be about the same $.

Oh I read it as $200 for everything, the LEDs/plastic protectors and the back alley mods.

1 month later
#4995 3 years ago

#20 and should be shipping out tomorrow I was told!

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Pics. Now they are together.

Can't wait to unite my RZLE and AMH next week as well!

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Is that legal in your state yet?

Everything is legal is CO, land of opportunity and equality....................and weed.

#5146 3 years ago

LE #20 sitting in my garage, the painful wait until I have help to move it down tonight.

20160602_221331_(resized).jpg

#5155 3 years ago

Together at last! Man RZ is a brutal game, gotta tune it in some still but I got my a$$ handed to me I've yet to even break 20mil.....loving it!

20160604_103839_(resized).jpg

20160604_124047_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5332 3 years ago

What exactly is "Spooky Minute"?

Fixed - Spooky minute should only start if the menu setting has it turned on

1 week later
#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Lol thx Ben, I'm trying not to work 7 days a week.
I was hoping to squash as many bugs in v008 before I start adding new content. It's already at about 50 changes with this update.

New beta version 8 is awesome, also the high performance makes the game come alive, my pops were working flawlessly(never did before), slings are a little much but powered them down a little and worked best for me. Keep up the good work and can't say enough about Fawzma contacting me even on the 4th to fix my code install issue. You all rock at Spooky top to bottom, can't say enough how happy I am with my games, both AMH and RZ. Oh and I had to get the pinball life lock down bar as well cause it looks cool! Happy 4th all!

20160704_091629_(resized).jpg

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, this game isn't worth $13,000. It's not worth $11,000. Would someone pay $9,000? I doubt it.

So what, you are thinking $15K?

Rob Zombie rocks and Jalpert is spot on with comments on 8.0 code and the switch detection Game plays on a new level and ball is whizzing around playfield now. Way more fun!!

2 weeks later
#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hope code updates are similar to Stern.
Download to usb stick and follow simple instructions.

They are, download to SD card and follow simple instructions.

#5623 3 years ago

Ummm, blew a fuse I think, lost all my "Sol Bank 2 coils", soooo where the hell are the fuses and how do you replace them?! I need a live in pinball tech, I hate working on games anymore

On a side note I'm not sure if it was random or maybe a code thing. I had this problem occur when I was doing a 2 player game and at the very end of a ball got my first "infected flipper" or whatever it is where the flippers were reversed(I think anyway, it was weird) It only happened for a quick moment and lost the ball, after that was when my coils weren't working.

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ummm, blew a fuse I think, lost all my "Sol Bank 2 coils", soooo where the hell are the fuses and how do you replace them?! I need a live in pinball tech, I hate working on games anymore

Nevermind found them, hidden in those black covers. Still curious on the cause of these fuses blowing, seems a common problem occurring for a lot of people.

1 week later
#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is my worry. And an added factor why so many being flipped, apart from an easy profit is hard to turn down.
What I am not hearing from anyone really is comments like ' this is my favorite game ever' ( all NIB games get people saying this! ) , or 'this is easily top 3 or 5 in my collection' etc etc.
Now, I know games like TWD and Metallica only got good after big code updates.
This game has potential to be great but my gut tells me the code at the moment just isn't where I hope and want it to be.
Still plenty of time for it to come good but the next 12 months it's all about code, code and code.
Will continue to listen out to player's reviews and hope comments get more positive on the code

Great game, very unique and a blast to play. Code will be the #1 thing that makes this game a top 10 for me or just another cool gimmick that was a blast to play for awhile and then move onto the next new and shiny game. I think that about summarizes all new games for me as long as the theme is something I enjoy. Definitely need more modes or depth to the modes or mini wizard modes put in. I think there is a lot of room to add a lot of function and seems it is getting there with each update. Feedback and suggestions will go a long way I think as more and more people get their games.

#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Curious to see what others think of ver. 9 beta?

Was there any mention of fixes to the fuses blowing? I am kind of skeptical to try anything beta at the moment, even though I know the fuse issue seemed to be related to the infected modes even in production version 8. Unfortunately I have had a few instances of losing a switch or a fuse which I didn't have handy and my game seems to be down more than it's been up over the last month. I just don't want to lose her again!!!

1 month later
#6097 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

This is going to sound odd, but I think I saw some testicles being chopped off in the animation

Nothing odd about it and that is most definitely what you saw, nut sack CHOP!

2 months later
#6801 2 years ago

Quoted from twenty84:
I later looked at the voltage across the tilt bob with an oscilloscope. This is a 3.3V signal that is grounded when the tilt bob hits the ring. When the game is in operation there was a lot of noise. In my game the cables for the tilt bob were routed (and in some areas tightly bound to) the same wires that were carrying high voltage to the solenoids.
As soon as you made me aware of this... we made the running change in production. Then I think I (or at least should have) asked if you were moving to Benton?! Seriously... VERY smart catch, and silly of us to have done in the first place.

Can some kind of official release/fix with pictures and details be provided to those of us that are stupid and don't understand what you all are talking about. You can even draw it in crayon, it might help me.

#6835 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Agreed. I've gotten to the point that I can hit the right orbit about 1/3 times, but I have no direct shot at the X targets. Usually, I try to hit the right side of the chicken bumper and have it throw the ball that way

In Demonoid Phenomenon I feel like reducing so you even only have to hit one of the two X targets would be nice. Cause ya hitting those is just so random and pure luck. It is hard to hit them by trying and usually what I get stuck on trying to get the multiball.

#6840 2 years ago

Completely understand sir... this is why we upped the numbers a bit on the next game. I hope everyone gets to see & play it first... or at least see it and make an educated buying decision. Selling out quickly is great for business, but absolutely we'd rather see people who enjoy the game getting them vs "I bought it because it was rare and didn't want to miss out". All good problems to have, and we know that.

I think what you all are doing is more than fair and hopefully stops people just grabbing a spot in line just because or with intentions to flip for profit. GO SPOOKY! Oh and GO PACKERS and F&$k the Bears this weekend!
STILL+SUCK (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#6975 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

V017 - 2/JAN/2017
Fixed - Added ball load protection in case lane switch never triggers. System will display a message
to have the shoot lane switch looked at. Otherwise, the load coil will overheat.

Quoted from Brickshot:

I wonder how this works in this industry. If Spooky is aware that V016 of code could cause a coil to overheat and that is a potential fire hazard are they obligated to issue a recall notice immediately? Is a coil overheating even a fire hazard?

Take note this happened to me not too long back when I had people over for a party. Someone was playing and when the game stopped working just left it on as the game kept trying to load a ball, not too long after we all smelled something burning and had to do the pinball fire drill(turn off every game and start smelling them to find the culprit). Sure enough it was RZ and was this coil, was burning hot to the touch. The way I understood it, not a bad coil just never stops firing repeatedly which I think is what mine was doing.

#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Please, no. It will get frustrating not being able to hold a flipper if I have to hit guided targets with a time hack. Or maybe just have the ability to be able to hold just one flipper and let the other flipper have "no hold". I would be cool to switch the hold between flippers ever 30sec. while infected? Just a thought.

Thus the term infected. The goal, don't be infected and you don't have to deal with the crappy consequences.

When I get the flu I don't get say, I don't want the cough but I'm good with the fever and the body aches, I get it all and it sucks!!!!!!

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm also putting mine next to my TWD

Is there any other place to put it really? Well next to an AMH as well is even better.

20170105_092810_resized (resized).jpg

#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Also is it a know bug that the mpu hangs when exiting the menu? Mine seems to do it 80% of the time to where I have to power off to recover.

I believe this is a known bug, mine does it 100% of the time and I have V17 code. If I'm missing something someone let me know.

#7046 2 years ago

I just noticed the song Never Gonna Stop(My Durango) was in the music test. Is that in the game for final mode or something? Why is that song not in the rotation or used somehow in the game?! More Zombie songs needed!

Spooky can't we add other songs into the rotation of songs playing during the game?! Lets do this!

#7047 2 years ago

Ok I was just listening to Zombie on my headphones past couple days while playing pins and there is SOOOO many awesome songs that need to be added to the game, can we get some in Spooky?! Here is a small list of ones I could think of, but so many other awesome ones I know are out there:
We’re An American Band (Love this cover, probably the best ever, I mean it has cowbell for the love of everything that is amazing!)
ThunderKiss 65 - Sorry forgot this is White Zombie
Scum Of The Earth
Get High
Everybody’s Fu$%ing in a UFO
I’m your Boogeyman - Sorry forgot this is White Zombie
Meet The Creeper
Sick Bubblegum
Foxy Foxy
Lords of Salem
Teenage Nosferatu Pu$$*
Life and Time Of Teenage Rock God

#7052 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Anyone else have this issue earlier than have it go away with update?

I've had it for awhile, still no fix that I'm aware of.

1 week later
#7102 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Holy grape juice!!!

RandomKG,
I love what you have done with tons of your games in the past and most look amazing, I've tried unsuccessfully to buy 2 of them now(XMLE and LOTR) . I just still think drowning out a playfield in one color looks so bad like on this RZ and in your Hobbit and whatnot. The work you do on games is amazing I think on some of these the extra lighting you add that drowns out the awesome art on some of these games that make them look so great in combination with everything else you do. I like additional lighting on games if it is a white or neutral addition to small parts of a game but I feel the colors sometimes just drown out the rest of the game and the art on it. Just an opinion, it is obviously your game and your preference how it looks in the end.

In either case RZ is an awesome game and hope you enjoy yours, I do mine still and excited for much more to come still!

1 week later
#7155 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You also have to clear the X targets during Demonoid Phenomenon.

Which SUCKS, can the code please be changed to just hit one of the targets instead of both in this mode! There is no easy way to hit them without luck and it always kills me trying to get them on Demonoid Phenomenon. I basically avoid that mode cause of this.

1 week later
#7206 2 years ago

But make no mistake... I was listening to Sid Haig audio while working on 50 other things last night, and there is a MOUNTAIN of call outs from both him AND Rob Zombie yet to be implemented.
As soon as things settle, Fawzma will hit RZ hard and really polish it up... tons of things to do, and I blame me. I'm the guy abusing the poor dude with 3 games to work on.
All in due time. Zombie isn't done by a long shot, and it will ROCK HARD before we ever call it "finished" ... which Ben Heck tells me no game code ever is.

GLAD TO HEAR, YOU ALL ROCK, I want RZ to never be done, so much more this game can be!

I had asked about extra songs being put in as well, any chance that can happen???
P-P-P-P-Please!

2 weeks later
#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You probably have a shorted upper right PF switch. The front contact can get hit by the ball and bend towards the adjacent center leg and cause the weird trough issues you're seeing. Make sure all of the contacts on the upper right PF switch are not touching and you should be good again.

I had this exact thing happen, switch got bent by getting hit by a ball and had the same issues you are reporting I believe. Was a quick fix, hopefully it is the one.

1 month later
#7777 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I finally hit the 3 way skill shot!!! I didn't realize it just gives you an extra ball. I assumed it just LIT the extra ball target. Nice surprise.

I don't remember it giving you an extra ball I thought it just lit it? Maybe you made the ultra rare 4 way skill shot collecting the extra ball as well.

#7864 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

fawzmagames, any chance of doing a mini-wizard mode after completing the 4 sub-modes? I think that might open the aperture of the game for something semi-achievable.

I'd like to see maybe different "levels/tiers" of Living Dead Girl mode. I end up starting it a lot more than I'd prefer trying to lock balls and just thru basic game play. Might be more fun if it had like a 2-3 tiered modes to it that were different along the way. Different objectives for the 2nd/3rd time you start it in a game.

#7877 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think what I have to do is make LDG progressive. Because once its beat, it takes more hits of those targets to get it started.

And add tiered/different rules to it for the subsequent times you start it.

It's a big "feature" of the game, I'd like to see it have more depth in the rules/modes.

#7939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

and a gentlemanly tilt setting.

Is that kind of like a "college try"?

I played like 10 games on mine this morning, still love this game! Can't wait for even more code and callouts to add to it!

3 weeks later
#8200 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V20 has a game over graphic and "never gonna stop me" music playing

I knew that song was going to be used somewhere, any other plans for it. Such a cool song and would hate that only a small snippet of it would be used in the game.

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Is there any shutdown procedure to this game or do you just flip the switch underneath? Thanks

I always cuss at mine and call it stupid before I shut it down. Then I apologize everytime I turn it back on for more.

1 month later
#8685 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

After about 3 games on v20 the vuk fuse blew, anyone know where to get these fairly quickly in Canada? I don't have any of the 20mm on hand

Oh no not again, I think I blew thru all my fuses as well before. Scared to keep playing it right now, seems a lot of bugs need worked out. Played a handful of games without any problems that I noticed.

#8717 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Funny, and that's after the callout was reduced before it was released.
I can change it to only call out when superpops starts.

I agree, I hear it way too often, reducing it would be good.

1 month later
#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I would suggest the game over music play a bit longer. Just seems way to short.

+1

1 month later
#9330 2 years ago

So is the updated v21 online now fixing that issue?

5 months later
#9806 1 year ago

Patience. Just crazy busy getting Alice ready and we can only tackle so much at once.

Ya give him a break, they'll get these ACNC rolling off the line in the next month and we'll all have our games by end of year. Right.......?

1 year later
#10414 89 days ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Such a fun game, great callouts, great music. Just thought I'd share 2 quick photos, 1 with my friend John5 and the other of the backglass signed. The show on this tour is fantastic and a must see.

Hey wasn't I supposed to get one of those back?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside