Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (3 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Said it before, I'll say it again... It has more flow than the previous layout. More toys, more coils than AMH, more everything than what it had before.

I played AMH at SFGE yesterday (thx to the Streets for bringing) and I was thoroughly impressed. It's real, its fun, it looks great even though the theme isnt for me, and it played very smoothly.

Charlie thanks so much for:
1) being real and showing boo-tique is possible
2) building a game and company from scratch
3) raising the bar with title #2
4) listening to "flow" "toy" feedback and making Charlie game #2 instead of fan layout #999
5) expanding on your zombie horror concept with literally the best possible license on Earth for it

I love your other post that says the reality of the situation, with limited mfg capacity this is the way business must be done. If you love the theme and choose to support something new and different, go for it, email and go from there. That's definitely me, I'm on the list and well everyone else you can just figure there are 299 available because I'll never let go of mine!

The licensed music choices, Rob callouts, the toys, the uniqueness, back alley involvement, I could go on and on, I'm so pumped.

Thanks to Aurich also for helping guide this discussion constructively.

1 week later
#770 4 years ago

Rob Zombie put it on his FB & website today, Dread Central & Bloody Disgusting put it out there... even hit some of the music news sites. We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming.
Crazy... absolutely crazy... I knew we'd do well with this, but yeah, I was WAY under estimating.

Awesome! Nice little writeups out there now. So glad to be on the list before the craze, this is such a dynamite theme. Happy to support Charlie & co as they're clearly onto something big!

Whether its ready by expo or not, no worries!

1 month later
#899 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll fall into the all of the above category, I'll do all the great things you say, plus make it fun and bug free
This is a team effort. I am not programming something and saying "this is how it is, ship it like this."

you bleeping rock! playing a handful more games Of AMH at replayfx has me excited as ever for spooky. we have every reason to be super confident in everyone involved and continue to patiently await.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I may or may not have played it 5 minutes ago.

Hmm, note to self: time to move to Wisconsin...land of cheese, and boo-tique pinball.

1 month later
#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

was there ever an old whitewood revealed?

I believe they're calling old whitewood = PZFBTG

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just to clarify, Whysnow has no idea what the rules are. He offered to give his opinion as other have. At this point in time, I can't reveal any rules, please don't ask for them. I prefer to keep this gig.

I'm coining it in your honor- FAWZome!

do yo thang!

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I have no idea how they are handling the list currently.

I asked Kayte which # I am. She said there are no numbers yet, and said its just an interested list until game is revealed and deposits taken.

Im assuming it's above 300 and possibly still growing but just a guess. Wouldn't you want to be sure there was more than enough interest too if you were them?

Once game is revealed, $1k deposits will be collected, securing your game and build #'s assigned.

My impression is that if you're number #301 on the interested list and only one person ahead of you decides they don't want it (or passes for any reason) then you'd get your chance to secure it with deposit. So if you were #302 on interested list and literally only one person backed out ahead of you (#301 stays) then you become the first person that just missed by a hair.

Maybe Chuck can pop in here for a quick "yes" or "no...___" to confirm. I don't want to spread bad info or assumptions, just attempting to help based on an email response I got.

Dead horse statement:
They are doing this right by assuring interest, showing, THEN taking deposits. Very logical order

1 week later
#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeremecium:

The important thing to ask is, will every other switch trigger a "Yeah!" sound sample?

ha, true he does like to record 'Yeah' quite a bit into his songs. I can easily envision Yeah repeatedly like the Homer Doh! mode during Simpsons.

~(_8(|)

1 week later
#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Rob Zombie pre-order people are "gripping" tight to their pre-order slots now that they have seen the translite.

Horley was confirmed from the start, and Ben said what they'd look like. There was never any doubt.

Whether it's ready by expo or not, it's great that Jan is approaching and they've indicated they're making strong progress towards that goal.

Nothing but good news so far on this...had to laugh when I saw the gripe...ahh the Internet, can't please everybody.

1 week later
#1261 4 years ago

Busy as hell guys, but just to be clear... this game isn't going to make it to Expo. Little more art to go, and until it's 100% complete we can't show anything more.
Won't be long... wish we would have made it to Expo with the game, but we'd rather have it right than rushed. Production is still looking pretty good for January, and that's what really matters! (keeps us in business and Minions working... kind of REALLY important).
Rob's an awesome guy to work with... Every detail of the game matters to him. I was hoping to just meet the guy when we delivered his game. Lol!!! Far beyond that... he cares a ton about this and is all over every aspect.
Thanks! See you guys at Pinball Life all day Friday for the AMH #150 charity auction with Svengoolie, and we'll be at Expo all day Saturday walking around & speaking at noon.

Thanks for the straightforward update. Love reading that production still looks good for January. So cool that Rob is all over it with you...must be surreal. It's certainly not going to hurt any of us to get a few more days to accumulate our $1k down deposits

selfishly, since I can't make it to expo, well I'm ok with it not being shown yet ^_^

#1319 4 years ago

Until we show it, take the deposit, and ship the games... nothing is officially "sold out". We'll go down the customer list in order. Some of you will hate it, start a thread in here about why it sucks and how it could have been so much better, and not buy the game. Others will see it, like it, buy it, and be happy they did. Personally I'd rather see people who like the theme & game play buy it so I don't have to hear about how something I've killed myself to make and care a lot about, is the worst thing ever put together by man.
We don't do everything right... we never will. I'm not going to screw you out of your money. You buy a game from us, you'll get it... and I don't want to make you wait years to do so. We're making lots of improvements in build quality on this, and putting up a new shop to get production moving quicker. These are all huge risks for my family, and we're not going to pre-sell kickstart crowd fund a damn dime of it. We do it by building games and working hard or we don't do it at all.
I'm going over to the Greg Freres appreciation thread... that's MUCH more interesting to me.

Pinside, can we get some functionality to upvote more than once? Dude flat out gets it. Keeping it REAL!

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Just being a smartass when I say this, but why would I make this game do what everyone else is doing? Can't we just make a fun game and be happy doing it
Honestly though, this is a team effort. I am only one piece of this Spooky puzzle. If the guys in charge don't like something it won't be added. If they want something, it gets added.

I'm so confident in this dude (these dudes). Like Spooky himself has typed repeatedly- this will be different! Love it.

So glad the purchase logistics messages are slowing down and we are hopefully close to getting some real discussion after a reveal.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I saw him during the Hellbilly Deluxe tour, and I though he was great. Of course, that's been quite a while back, so maybe he's slowing down.

Saw him in Oct '12 or '13 in Detroit with Marilyn Manson and the show was phenomenal.

IF he's slowing down, Maybe he is slowing down because he's exhausted from playing his prototype pin : )

3 weeks later
#1471 4 years ago

pumped every time Charlie posts. Great to have had a few extra days to build deposit funds. People are getting less Xmas presents this year.

2 weeks later
#1594 4 years ago

Happy New Year indeed.

I feel like the cost of colorDMD is prohibitive or it'd be on every pinheads games. Having color shipped and baked in is gonna be a very nice bonus.
-cap'n obvious, reporting for duty, sir!

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Can't wait to see it, but it's a real shame most people can't buy this game.

Don't know if I agree? 300 isn't really that low and it's not like there won't be some resold eventually. it's not a shame in any way. it's a blessing that it will exist at all!

#1631 4 years ago

what the Ben Heck- who is Zeddex!? that looks legit! yes customer conquisition...I'm a customer and I've definitely been conquered!

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope not Spooky is by far the closest to the boutique dream of ordering a completed pinball machine at a reasonable price and getting it in a reasonable time. It would be a bummer if RZ sells out day one and has a big price increase on the secondary market as a rare collectible.

ppl would have to sell it for there to be a resale market... there will be some eventually certainly but I doubt anybody buying this game is in it to make a few bucks up front- at least I hope

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Excited to see this Charlie and congrats on the new office (even if it does not have a roof yet )
Can you share more details around the expected timing of notice/reveal to commitment/deposit request in order to maintain a spot in line?
I would like to be able to plan accordingly for when my 1k RZ deposit will be needed.

+1

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

12pm Friday EST reveal = 4 am Saturday Morning in Australia.
I guess I can give up all hope of keeping up with this thread after that.

it'll still be going when you wake up.

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are the games being built and shipped in the order that people signed up? And if so, is there a way to know your #?

this was already covered a month or two ago by KT. not sure what post#

*following is my regurgitated understanding based entirely on pinside Charlie and KT posts: (which may or may not be correct...)

there's one long list as they can have no idea how many people are going to see it and say no thanks. you will get a build number once you've secured a spot. if you're in any "interested" spot lower than 300 you'll get your chance to put your deposit down guaranteed. if you're "interested" #301, you need one person to pass.

build #s would be assigned as deposits are submitted in order. despite the building interest around this thing, there were in fact multiple wks, well into July where you can see proof of Charlie saying on here that the list was not up to 300 yet. common belief is that it's well above 300 now...

#1740 4 years ago

woke up a few hours early...know I won't be the only one. I'll be listening to RZ all morning at work.

All hail Je-sus Spooky-stein.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

So when do emails go out to people on the list? Have they already been contacted?

I got on list June 17th and I have nothing. I think we find out at noon...

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That is what I'm fearing as well. I never found Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave very interesting, so I'm really hoping this is more than Rob Zombie from Beyond the Grave.

if you search all the Spooky Charlie posts in this thread- you likely won't be concerned. he stated mos ago it's a fair amount different

#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Charlie,
Can you clarify now(and likely save yourself and KT 500 e-mails and calls), will you all send out an e-mail to those of us with a pre-order and if so when, explaining the next steps to either secure our reservation or let it go. Basically do we need to contact you all or will you contact us and if so by when? Thanks, looking forward to the reveal!

+1

#1851 4 years ago

checking mine continually as well, nothing yet. june 17th response from charlie.

#1956 4 years ago

KT has had a few emails bounce back as undelivered... don't panic, we'll hold those spots until we find you. I'll update that later.
And we appreciate the PayPal friends & family / gift thing, but DON'T do that! Heather the hot accountant will kick our ass... if you want to help in that regard, just tell KT and mail a check.

Cool- wondering when it's ok to worry. I'm about to get kicked off of Yahoo mail for refreshing too many times.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Super bummed that I didn't get the e-mail. I was in on June 19th. I must have been somewhere above the Three Hundred mark

I'm a 6/17 list confirmation and I remember being thrilled in July when Charlie said they weren't at 300 yet.

image.png
December minus 5 months = July

Charlie responded to me today to hang in there about an hour ago...yes it's difficult seeing others In but I'm going to keep the faith.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

So who's got the latest "on the list" date? I was trying to get a sense of how close I am. I was confirmed on July 4th and didn't get an email yesterday. Think i saw some people that were confirmed after 6/15 say they got the email.

I was one of them. 6/17 email confirmation and 3pm Eastern yesterday email.

regarding game:
I can't stop looking at it. love the hue of the pf and the ominous Rob! of course the toys are sick, the layout unique as can be! the theme and vulgarness from the little we know is spot on!

I laugh at The loud minority of pinside that seem to be obsessed with art and love to type about it...as if they play the art and not the actual game- so glad there aren't hundreds of posts bitching about the art.

Gonna be so different and a unique finishing touch to my space limited collection. All normal pinheads (oxymoron?) in ATL area know they're welcome to come check it out when I get it!

I'm already brainstorming mods and of course I'll have some mirror blades waiting for it upon arrival. Maybe get some orange armor? have modfather paint the robot?

I like the spooky speaker inserts - nice reminder of where it came from!

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'll have a headphone design built before my game ships... Got to have that with the music!!!
Great job Charlie!

Awesome- my wife doesn't play, at all- so her favorite mods are pinnovators headphone audio controls. ^_^

#2872 4 years ago

I'm getting ready now even if I may not have my game for several mos.

image.jpeg

#2905 4 years ago

While spinners are no doubt cool, I don't understand the obsession? if you watch Charlie's gameplay vid he says: "1000 switch hits- so we give you 7 balls"

I'm a lot more excited to hit 7 balls at a time with amazing music and theme and blah blah than I am to watch a piece of metal rotate around for the millionth time since 1970.

#2924 4 years ago

sorry if I missed it, but can someone please confirm how many balls in trough, 7 or 8 ?

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Adding to my todo. Poor EEPROM won't know what hit it.

awesome! thanks Euchrid and Fawzma

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Any idea when we'll find out our build numbers?

come to the Mongrels of Pinball Filfth Thread RZSSI club thread and discuss real stuff like build numbers. that discussion should ramp up any day now that KT is likely to start sharing numbers soon enough

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

People might think art is subjective, but there's actually a bunch of rules when it comes to graphic design and they're there for a reason - legibility, colour balance, layout, etc. A playfield isn't a painting, it needs to serve a specific purpose and the art as it stands fails to do that.
For example, did you know there's a bat on the playfield? Hard to tell since it's basically lost near the pops.
As such small numbers I don't think it's a deal breaker - clearly 300 people think it's fine. But that doesn't change the fundamentals of graphic design.

my ignore list has grown exponentially since Friday. But there's room for an elitist goat too!
Some truly hard to believe typed exchanges here. Internet ceases to amaze 20-30 years later.

#3175 4 years ago

confirmed number buyers-
for what it's worth- I started a club thread to avoid the 6 mos of speculation, art disagreements, 3k posts etc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mongrels-of-pinball-filfth-rzssi-club#post-2860281

1 week later
#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

“It just tastes so damn good!!”
I’m in the middle of reworking the drain/ballsave/multiball stuff. With the new trough being used, I have to use the last switch as the “drain switch”. You would think it would be easy, but there’s a lot of stuff going on and you have to account for reasons why the drain switch gets hit when it’s not really a drain. This was working ok for sometime, but I needed to change something around to allow the ball save to stay active for 30 seconds for corpse mode.
Anyway..
I did say I would post an overview about Dead City mode, so here we go.
Like every other main mode, this mode is select-able once you take the left orbit and land in the VUK (can’t be in any other mode). Once the mode starts you are instructed to hit the targets in a specific order. The three targets are as follows.
Left target – under boombox
Center target – just to left of center ramp
Right target – the extra/add a ball target just over the outer lanes.
You hit the left, center, right in that order. Hitting them out of order resets targets. You have 3 chances. You will notice each of those targets represents a character. Chicken, Bigfoot, Monkey.
Once you complete the mode you can hit those targets again, BUT in ANY order you want. This is a 2 ball multiball. Depending on which one you hit first, completing the other 2 targets collects that character. If you clear the top right two targets to the right of the upper right pop bumper, you will earn “Godzilla” Rob and Sheri’s dog.
Collecting characters adds to the jackpot as well as the usual LDG targets. Shoot the center ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are working, so you collect a jackpot 3 times.. 4th is super. collect 4 times, the 5th is super. So on and so forth.
Like in Dragula, this has an extra feature. If you collect the chicken, you are instructed to take the left orbit. Hit the chicken switch and you deep fry some chicken and get 250k times the amount of balls in play.
“Overtime” ends when you are left with one ball.
The next mode overview will be What! This and remaining modes are a bit more involving so keep an eye out. Looking for another overview tomorrow.

Godzilla! their dog...hilarious!

#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Will it be possible to activate/de-activate family mode without opening the coin door? Like holding both flipper buttons or a certain combo of flipper button hits? Would be really handy in a home environment.
Also, is a headphone jack possible as an add on?

from Fawzma, yes on family adult flipper toggle, see below. headphone, I can't remember what Ben or longhorn said...but I definitely want a headphone jack whether factory and mod afterward

---
Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.

Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.

When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.

In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

#3687 4 years ago

Any of the fortunate last few getting into the high 200's that like to share, feel free to join our club, we're kind of dormant for now, but it'll pick up when the time is right-

We're filfthy and just thrilled with Spooky Pinball's contributions to the hobby. We don't bitch about art or plastics, just put our money where it belongs and look forward to playing super fun and unique pinball with a ridiculously cool theme

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mongrels-of-pinball-filfth-rzssi-club

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Sweet. I think the high score section of TWD is the model to look at.

agree with this bigtime. adds surprising amount of depth. very noticeable when missing on other games. (would love to have monger/whiplash/ champion on IM, or doc ock etc on Spidey for examples)

What champion, house 1k champion...good stuff

1 week later
#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Even not in a tournament, it's a lot better to balance the scoring out. It detracts from the fun if you have to play house of a thousand courses to win, when you have so much else going on and other things you'd rather shoot for but don't want to loose the game.

need balanced scoring. if house1k (any mode) is worth 50-100x more than other modes it should be approximately that much harder to start the mode...and if a mode is 50-100x harder to start than others..well, that's simply not balanced no matter anyone's opinion.

also of course if a mode is 50-100x harder to start than others, then the game is probably not finding that sweet spot of being hard but approachable.

metallica's crank it up is my fav example of balanced scoring. you progress towards the mini wizard, CIU, which is about 5-10x harder to start than say lady justice, or fuel, or three of the four multiballs, then when you get there, you're able to score 5-10x as many points (with a non linear relation as CIU can become lucrative if several shots are hit or the mode is completed outright, but player earned that right.)

just more input...

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Woohoo!! A Rob Zombie pin will be at TPF in March. It is set in stone. The internet is never wrong.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2016-game-line-up/

Can anyone involved confirm this?

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

I'm on RZ #44.
Going to operate it in Sydney.
Multiplayer pinball is big now, loads of friends meeting up for beers and games.
How about the option to enter your name at the start of the game?
I see it so many times in these social occasion where people get side tracked by a conversation or going to the bar ect... Next thing someone's played someone's ball and it unravels the flow of play.
A ten digit log in for each player on ball one would solve this.
You could opt out by hitting both flippers and also disable in settings.
I think it would also be more engaging than simply being P1,P2..ect.
Yes it would take a little longer to start a game but worth it.
There could also be a continue option at the end of play so you don't need to re enter names. You could delete players if need be.
Just a thought.
Game looks amazing!

seems a bit too much, but hey if it's a setting- then why not

1 month later
#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

My brother and I got to play RZ at TPF. Like it a lot and ready for more. Funny thing is Charlie, Bryan(?), and Steve Ritchie were watching us play and commenting. My brother (Steve) had a good game. Mine was almost embarrassing.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

and that's me in the blue v neck... game is great, a lot more manageable and less chaotic than first impressions might seem. my first reaction was "wow a lot less punishing than AMH"

#4366 3 years ago

family until 9pm. really couldn't hear it- loud convention.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#4367 3 years ago

family until 9pm. really couldn't hear it- loud convention.

#4380 3 years ago

guys it's hard to get vids because it's in constant use and very very loud here. rest assured it's super fun and different and I haven't seen anyone walk away disappointed. looks like everyone wants to play again. I know I've been super bummed every time my 3rd ball drains! I want to hit start again! very cool and different horizontal high pf movement... keeps you on your toes

#4384 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

For those who have played both, Is it more or less fun than Ghostbusters?

no reason to compare. Both fun. both pinball winners. and environment is not conducive to true evaluation (sound a big part of both). if I had room and $ and 7373748 of my friends weren't already getting it then I'd be in on a GB too. good times for pinball.

#4429 3 years ago

I watched and played RZ a lot this weekend and didn't see a single ball jump the flippers. FWIW.

also FWIW here's my my feedback from what I could tell in crappy convention environment:

1) multi-ball start flare for the coffin add a balls would be cool. maybe it was there and I didn't notice but I see the other poster's point
2) mix in more variations on the callouts- "one out of three" (on the skill shot) got old extremely fast. so did the knocking on the coffin during the add a ball targets
3) there were times when someone would cradle a ball and look up to shoot what was lit and seemingly nothing was lit?
4) early strategy seems imbalanced towards spamming the coffin add-a-ball.
5) ramp not worth enough outside of modes- however I will say that one strat I just thought of was to hit the ramp four times to spell CHOP which seem to provide a mid ball, single ball, ball save. neat.

Everything else was great, simply gorgeous in person. Loved the game, felt fantastic to flip, ramp and orbits very satisfying. Flipper rubber a little bouncy for my taste. Game could have been a little steeper. The 4, 5+ multi balls were super fun and something great for pinheads and non pinheads alike.

#4439 3 years ago

I hear you guys on making sure it isn't just "hit the ramp" game like a race car making laps around the track. But keep in mind:

1) we aren't all professional.
2) it's an extremely dangerous shot in the middle of the table with a standup on one side and a freaking pop bumper on the other.

The IM ramps are done extremely well, like the combos in TOM. Ball keeps fast speed, shot is repeatable with growing reward but shots is extremely dangerous as well.

I say all this but note that I don't know what the raised hands from grave (Fawzma mentioned) mean so maybe it's all moot and that raises hand thing is awesome and creative way to reward ramp I just didn't get to it in my 5-6 games.

#4448 3 years ago

no worries lizard we are just giving feedback on a forum. (and in response to requests for it...) of course not everyone wants the same thing! We are talking about small fine tuning and results of real world play testing from the couple perspectives that were fortunate to get some time with it. Fawzma/designers can accept/ignore whatever they like!

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Good news, I can reproduce the ballsave/new player bug.
I can reproduce it by draining the ball right after a launch, no other switches get hit, straight drain with the ball save light on. Did that many people really do that?
Technically it should have saved the ball but the drain seems to be competing with the save and the drain wins.
You of course don't see this in a one player game, or its not as noticeable. I'll have this worked out (tonight) and before MGC for sure.

Do slings/pops count as switch hits? it seemed like at least those were being hit before the bug was occurring? Anyone else have a better recollection? (Wish I was still there "testing"!)

#4488 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Got a loose estimate on number 29? I won't hold you to it, just planning a little.

^_^

3 weeks later
#4599 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I'd like to know the difference in the LED's also. I assume the regular LED's won't ghost so what's the upgrade give you?

fullness, brightness.

I experiment with every bulb out there. there are varieties which are easily seen when comparing with a purpose. of course if you never compare nor obsess over it you won't notice much. just a preference thing. I declined the light because I love doing my own. for most it seems like a good deal just to get it pre installed and be happy

#4637 3 years ago

$6000+ for a large toy. yes!

$200-$300 for a cpl nice upgrades that further support the company. no!

Welcome to pinball, folks.

---

back to reality-
so awesome that these are shipping any minute! they just moved into a new bldg a few mos ago!

1 week later
#4695 3 years ago

Pausing for a second and realizing, this game was announced less than a year ago and is already shipping, despite:
1) its only their second game 2) they moved physically 3) they didnt have a full time programmer at the start of the project 4) its their first license 5) they werent quite done shipping first game.

There are other factors but these are first that come to mind.

Its remarkable success story and well deserved. Cant wait to play it again at Southern Fried in a cpl mos.

2 weeks later
#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

WTF is PZFBTG???

Pinball zombies from beyond the grave. It was Spooky's first attempt at zombie theme, met with mixed reviews, revived and evolved into licensed RZSI after success of AMH.

#4819 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm #43 and I want the countdown to slow down so I can make sure I have the money available. Seems like we're at a real conflict of interest here haha.
I seriously am pumped for this game though, it's going to be so much fun to play.

Spooky and RZSI... where the only drama is ppl unexpectedly getting their games too fast. ha ^_^

1 week later
#4996 3 years ago

#1 went to pinsider ZERO around 4/20.
#20 is shipping to BEMMETT around 5/26.

Approx 20 built in approx 1st month.

Awesome!

If this pace continued, I think we'd all be thrilled including team Spooky. The halfway point of 150 would seemingly hit by end of year. The finish line would definitely fall in the 12-18 mos window and sometime along the way many of us will begin to focus on the pin that follows Domino's...

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you need to realize that the first 20 were in states of assembly for a while and they have just been waiting on Parker to finish testing and start shipping the new BenHeck Boards.
The real pace will be established form ~30-50 or more likely once they get into the standards so #51-80 will give a mroe accurate trajectory.

good point, still thrilled that people are getting their games and still think #300 gets his/her game 18 or less mos from now.

don't see how LE manufacturing is different from standard... screw different armor in, insert different backglass...?

#5008 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Do we know if RZSI will be at SFGE? I see that Charlie will be there, but see nothing certain on any Spooky games.

yes- at least one RZ will be at SFGE. You'll see me standing in line to play it.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

First few games good so far!

1)
yo Fawzmagames, suggestion, I don't know for sure from my handful of games on an earlier version of code, but glancing at pic above, may I suggest anywhere where there is scores, use comma formatting.

###### vs ###,###

Thanks... this wait isn't getting any easier!

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I have had this discussion before here and some disagree, but - there is no luck in pinball. The skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness". Why do many relate difficult shots or complex algorithms to randomness or luck? There are no such things.

I try to refrain from this but I can't resist:

lol- cmon dude- no matter what you think, the luck is in the MINUTIA of details
at an atomic level. Now Is luck a big part? not typically, depends on the game! Magnets in modern pinball operate on chaos theory, not a player's control or understanding of the table. Sparky, Magneto, Tron disc, etc can throw the ball wherever and whenever it wants. Avoid magnets? sure, just not fun and fun is the point.

The gravity, weather patterns, tectonic plate activity, etc etc are all impacting the slope, friction, character of the wood or coating, impacting the switches, impacting the springs etc etc. Pro's do a better job of maximizing accuracy and control on varying games and in varying environments. They adapt quicker and are able to repeat the portions of play which are "controllable". But no game I've ever seen has allowed the player to have 100% control, otherwise I believe some pro would still be playing the same game they started a couple years ago. The ball is designed to go in the drain.

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'll agree with you on the magnets since they are computer programmed to be random. But the rest, again, it is all science. That is not to say that pinball is easy - just because its all skill or that supercomputers could figure out the ball trajectory if given all the requisite info is not the same as "easy." The best billiards players in the world miss shots too, or do you think that game is also luck?

correct, it is mostly science- however, does the player have the time or ability to measure the ongoing wear of the switches, pops, rubbers, Gravity, etc.

billiards is almost no luck, no pops, no switches, no magnets, not as much wear as a pb machine..., just tiny amount from physical conditions

#5099 3 years ago

Curious-
How many and where are the game's flasher bulbs? I see a dome in back left corner.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

In fact, the whole video mode sound looks like a fuckin DE midi tune.

It appears that video game sounding midi tune is the intent and I'm guessing after several mos, yrs of playing the game it's gonna be nice to have that little break from the actual rockin RZ songs. I like it.

#5136 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I saw this in person when I picked up my game a month or 2 back.......it looks awesome...
Just listed on Pinball Life's website....

Ordered. About time the mods started rolling out. More than happy to support Dezwarte's along with Emery's.

Will I be able to get it powder coated later is the question...

1 week later
#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The top photo was the stock lights. The bottom photo is with mu lighting added. There are two light strips, two 12v spotlights with intense bulbs and a fused power connector for the board.

cool customization Markmon. stock too dim and your take is too bright for my personal taste. I'll get somewhere in between when I get mine!

Finally get to play it again today or tomorrow at SFGE here in ATL! Hoping for two things: to be able to hear game and that the game is receiving enough voltage from convention/hotel! Both wishful thinking probably

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about wishing for short lines too ?

I accept that simply won't happen

#5200 3 years ago

The rules couldn't be in any better hands. Fawzma and Chuck, KT, all of Spooky are awesome, responsive, and receptive to all reasonable feedback. Spoke with team a fair amount this weekend in SFGE in Atlanta.

When Fawzma is done revising, I'm confident players will be thrilled. My early fav mode is Demonoid Phenomenon (hit every essentially every single switch on the table)

Note that this game with all of its slings and pops will play dramatically different with pitch adjustments. It was very steep (Chuck said it was about 8.0) at SFGE and in some ways a little easier because of it, there is less horizontal danger with that much steepness. Also skillshot was harder because ball was prone to falling down on its way to first sling.

1 week later
#5306 3 years ago

Pinburgh (replayfx) getting a little closer now, just five weeks out.

Anyone know if a RZSI will be there in any way?

1 week later
#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, the code, rules are now so important for long term reputation for this game.
Am I right in thinking that if all modes are completed the wizard mode is activated? Hell Bound.
Is there a mini wizard mode for starting all the modes? Kind of like sea of simulation and portal in Tron?
If not can a mini wizard mode be implemented? Need to reward player for starting all modes.
Maybe for wizard mode Hellbound can be lit solid and for mini wizard mode, just flash? And mini wizard mode can be some sort of preview/introduction to Hellbound?
Maybe a 'welcome to the gates of Hellbound? '
And maybe some big points on offer during the mini wizard mode/countdown jackpots etc?
Interested to hear feedback. Feel this is real important to take the game up a notch and give it longevity in the home

Super duper agree with all of this. All of my fav games have mini-wizard-esque modes, it really adds to the total package and longetivity! I think a mini-wizard mode in RZSI may benefit from single ball like sea of simulation, crank it up, rather than multi-ball such as battle royale since RZSI seems heavy on LDG and H1KC multiball already.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Here's an idea.
At some point after starting the last mode, so that all inserts are solid or flashing, the machine goes dead. Complete blackness followed by say, manic laughter or a scream.
Then all inserts are lit solid. Have to then get them to go to flashing and then off. So, 2 shots for each. 12 shots.
And then hit ramp once or twice for a countdown or mega jackpot. ( Hellbound jackpot ).
The whole mini-wizard mode could be timed and could be one or two balls.
Just an idea but this would get me buzzing as a player

that's a fantastic idea

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Okay, I was bored and put up a market ad. Please don't kill me
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36510

hysterical. If I was Chuck I wouldn't sell to you ever again on principle. Logic and free capitalistic economy be damned, this is just wrong... nobody will kill you, we will just laugh and be confused.

I'm also up voting you, because you did at least make an ad!

just funny to say this out loud:
"I don't like the theme, it's not a theme for everyone, still I was early in list so I bought it anyways but now, since it's not a theme for everyone, it isn't earning in a two week sample size, so I'm gonna list it... FOR BASICALLY DOUBLE WHAT I PAID!!"

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This seems pretty bogus and goes against what Charlie asked customers to do when getting into the queue - if you decide you don't want the game, tell Spooky and get the $1k deposit back, and they will go to #301 in the queue. 2 weeks of earnings - that's your sample size? I think this way more about opportunistic profit for you than the pinball community where your profit will go to "marketing ... to bring in more players"?

He's peeing in the microscopic (pinball community) pool he swims in.

#5475 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Oh just remembered another reason that this game might be doing poorly. This is a family friendly location, and a decent chunk of the play does come from young children and their parents.

ahh, you JUUUST now realized what kind of business you're trying to run, got it!

#5518 3 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

The Spooky Pinball open house was the first ever pinball type of function I have ever attended. The 10 hours of driving yesterday was well worth the couple hours of wonderful hospitality, free food, drinks and games. To be able to see the people and facility that will be making #244 sometime next year was pretty cool. Our WI neighbors are some good people. Thanks Charlie, Kayte, and everyone else that put it all together. It was greatly appreciated.

wish I was closer to Wisconsin.

sorry if I missed it, are we into the 60's yet?

#5536 3 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

This game is lightning fast, but with the c-h-o-p feature for ball save made it forgiving.

thx for feedback Hooch,

Fawzma- any word on our CHOP talks from SFGE on this? I know you got a ton to do, just wondering.

I suggested to him to make your 2nd, 3rd etc CHOP ball save harder to achieve so you can't "abuse" it.
first time spelling it should get you a 3-5 second ball save, then the second time you try to get a CHOP ball save, you should have to spell it twice and have even less seconds 2-4 of save time, then the third time you should have to spell it three times and get 1-3 seconds of save time, etc.
Decent+ players like myself will learn to "abuse" CHOP quite a bit otherwise.

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm not in favor of this. I like CHOP the way it is, just my opinion. There's a certain strategy to stage your inlane/outlanes to have a ball save at the ready. The only tweaks I could see is do something different with it during multi-ball. With CHOP enabled during multiball, there's almost always a ball going down the inlane/outlanes and it's pretty easy to have a constant ball save.

I feel the way I do because a good player is nearly always going to have 3 letters lit, and save the fourth for a ball going down the outlane. Essentially nullifying the danger of the outlane.

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How many plays do you have on this game? It would take a top tier player to be able to manipulate the CHOP saves at will like you are describing.

It does not take top tier for this level of manipulation. The ramp is highly achievable and gives a letter. Ramp is also available from both flippers. I have 20-30 plays in Tpf/ sfge, and I was already doing it and I'm merely a little better than 'casual'. Good player can hit the ramp 3 times in a row, get three letters and then get back to their game (with outlanes essentially eliminated)

Fawzma's idea about turning them off is good. Then when I get three, and I have a ball returning down the ramp wireform I have to decide whether I want to activate CHOP or go down to two letters.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That's what good players do....learn the 'system'. Most good players are able to nullify the outlanes anyway with nudging. The outlanes come into play on fast unexpected drain to the outlane where nudging is nullified, and that would take having CHOP staged, and the right lane unlit in anticipation of a quick drain. I don't think it is as easily gamed as you're suggesting. I've put about 100 games on mine, and score above 20mil per game, am a decent player, and I just don't see it as an issue.

again- i'm solid, but not a pro by any means and I was gaming it multiple times per game in my very limited time with it.

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No other player is going to go hit a start button to end someone elses game IME. If the game just selects a mode after 10 seconds then that is the way to keep play moving.

he's right. I have noobs over all the time and I don't always have time to be around them on my small handful of games, if someone else doesn't come up and pick a mode then they will come find me and ask me- or more likely they'll just walk away to a diff game- or they'll just go catch a Pokemon

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

My suggestion to David and charlie this past weekend is for a few CHOP options. One is already mentioned earlier - borrow the "hard" setting of KEEP in LOTR, on/off. The other was less reward for 2+ times getting CHOP, maybe be completely off after the 3rd time its collected (settings for this of course). Good players will exploit this easily - I've consistently had games in the 50 mil range, and a couple 100 mil + which would not have been possible with a crippled CHOP setting.
What's really awesome is Fawzma and Charlie are listening - you may not get everything you ask for, but you are being heard. I talked to both of them about suggestions, code work in progress and some of the ideas (some work, some just don't) - and a lot of them I've seen mentioned in this thread.

Thanks. Yes this is unprecedented awesomeness. it's a Charlie/Fawzma/Heck game with tweaks that are crowd-funded!

1 week later
#5589 3 years ago

Will RZSI be at Pinburgh next week?
I can't wait!

#5655 3 years ago

with RGB strips in the backbox and over the back of the playfield.

Which I plan to tie/piggyback to if at all possible. ^_^

1 week later
#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

jeffspinballpalice... not clear on what you're saying here. Please elaborate.
Thanks!

agree. confused. Was #110 delivered already?

1 week later
#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

unfortunately my RZ and AMH are up for sale, ads are in market place if anyone wants them.

been there. best of luck man. I just sold TAVLE and almost sold XMLE for personal reasons that had zero to do with pinball.

1 week later
#5924 3 years ago

This lighting stuff is my jam. Can't wait to get a hold of mine and tinker until it's perfect. Herg you mentioned red and natural sunlight OPMAXes, but did you try any Amber? I'm thinking Amber GI under all that red and black plastic is the ticket on this game. Maybe some purple accents as the standard purple from comet tends to be very white as is and can be very bright and a unique substitute for boring white.

A friend bought tskinne's RZ and should be receiving any day. maybe he'll let me test stuff in his game : )

#5926 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The lightshow uses the white and red strings separately to highlight game events.

ah, good point. guess I never really paid much attention nor noticed while playing at conventions with a bunch of commotion! Can't wait to play in a home environment any minute...

#5933 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

we well never see games built as good wpc games were in the past.

This always confuses me. in my experience, ALL pinball games break... and especially the 20-25 year old Bally-WPC games. if your games aren't "breaking" and/or needing tweaks then you're very likely not playing them.

I fully expect to both tweak my RZ out of the box and "fix" it in the first year. Because I'm going to play the hell out of it.

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The modes are where the fun is IMO, and I'd love for there to be a better reason to go for them.

great feedback Herg. I wondered this myself in my limited convention play experience with the game.

a spinner or clustered pops would probably make H1KC too easy imo. that would add a tremendous amount of hits I'd think

1 week later
#6026 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Spooky has addressed any issue head on and the code is constantly being tweaked with Dave taking/answering questions here. Sort of unprecedented access IMO

not your opinion- rather that's a fact.

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Anything you guys are working on to improve the scoring balance would be highest on my list

Agree.

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

My RZ is also shipping tmrw #110

hey Herg, have to admit I'm curious to see what your line chart would look like now that we are around #110.

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Has anyone done any mods to there game yet ?

I will invoke a firestorm of mods when I get mine around Dec/Jan based on current estimate. #171. I'll share some pics of what I have in store.

#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I will invoke a firestorm of mods when I get mine around Dec/Jan based on current estimate. #171. I'll share some pics of what I have in store.

mine will be one of a kind bec that makes me happy.

-glare guard
-PDI glass
-will send lockdown and armor and coin door to pinballrefinery for some shade of orange/rust most likely
-orange plastic protectors
-various figures if they fit well
-red drop target
-red EL wire
-purple EL wire
-green EL wire
-12V flasher strips tied to game
-pbl game interactive lockdown bar
-leg protectors
-target splints
-various orange and/or clear rubber silicone replacements
-anti rattle tape
-orange flipper buttons
-glossy pinballs
-additional spotlights
-cliffy shooter lane protector if it fits
-felt lockdown bar protection and snugness

-will also order modfather shooter rod, pin cup

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Awesome were can I get the orange plastic protectors ?

Joe
laseriffic.com

#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Just had my best game yet! 179M.
couple notes on software things.
1. would be great if the last score played would be part of the cycle after the game is over.. its nice to see the score big and red like it is for a quick moment when the game ends instead of the basic white small text.
2. when the initial ball save is still on from the start of ball, and you drain out of an outlane completing chop at the same time. The ball save should stay on after you get the ball back. Just an opinion.

how many modes/songs did you complete?

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

At a dollar a play it'll be paid off in 30 months? 60 months if you're splitting with the house. I don't see how operators stay in business but kudos to you for doing so.

? he can sell the game eventually... that's how.

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Yes, the smaller font "block text"

thanks guys.

also- more frequent score displays. this is a complaint of mine on all but JJP games though. if you're lighting it up and getting animations, it can an eternity before you see your total. doubly annoying when you're trying to learn the game and how it scores.

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I think 4 including 2 1k corpses(1450ish), LDG, Dragula, and super beast.

Cool thanks. We're you on most recent code version? Did the modes feel like they were worth enough compared to LDG and H1K?

#6179 3 years ago

Spooky Pinball official house game #3...
Let's just toss this out right away. We are throwing the kitchen sink at this one, rolling RZ money into more talent and expanding the building, moving the number up to 500 units, and the price will be $6250. No LE's... just 500 bad ass awesome games. Might be an alternate backglass available to all, but that remains to be determined.
Not gonna say another word until it's ready to show and announce officially (gonna be several months). Hate to raise the price at all, but trust me... that $250 is ALL going towards cool interactive toys and the engineering it takes to make our games better.
We're waaay beyond the 1/3rd mark on Rob Zombie shipped and getting faster all the time. We want to have the best games we can possibly make, and do what we can to keep them affordable... pinball is crazy expensive any way you slice it.
Speculate away...

god damn you're just a good dude all around. This is such phenomenal news.

#6219 3 years ago

Would not buy Motörhead.
Would not buy Maiden.
Would not buy Bible...anything.

Would buy Jetsons.
Would buy Archer.

Maybe a new thread should be starting for spooky game #3.5 (if hasn't already)

1 week later
#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I use my custom UV LED strips that my supplier builds to my specification. Most of the other UV LEDs on the market are very dim and dull, but mine are bright and work amazingly.

Very true. Always impressed with refinery lights. Glad to buy from them. Will be placing order when game is closer to arriving #171

1 week later
#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I'm just finishing up my RZ and Pin15 RZ with the powder coated armor. Here's a few pictures of a mid point and finished.
Wow, it's Bitchin. .... what huge difference this makes in the look of the machines.
I'll be offering this powder coated armor on my website.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

looks phenomenal Steve. You know I'd buy but I'm working with Matt on RZ.

#6365 3 years ago

Herg, you still around? how's that line chart look... inquiring data nerds want to know. looks safe to graph #150 as Halloween-ish.

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

giving the player more of an incentive to play the modes before starting the add a ball multiball would balance things out a bit.

Agreed. I think Fawzma knew this already- but I'll pile on and reiterate it as well.

1 week later
#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Williams or Stern style side mirror blades fit RZ? Does anyone know?

Honestly no- I've asked spooky directly, Joe/Jose. The consensus is that Williams "might fit." I'll have my game possibly by end of Nov and I can assure you I will figure out when I get mine.

#6482 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Yes, I will be making an interactive undercab kit for it this weekend. I will put yours in the mail Monday.

I would love to order one as well if possible

1 week later
#6530 3 years ago

Great discussion on LDG guys.

My two cents:
I'll agree that I'll want it less often; but I also don't want it as a left orbit selectable mode. Maybe make the start of it the targets on the far right by the R orbit? The right side of the pf needs more attention because currently you essentially always want the ball on your R flipper focusing on the left for LDG and drop target H1KC locks (and even the L orbit for modes) Gein cards and the R orbit should be worth a lot more in terms of points and progression.

Mind you I don't own yet- you'll know when I do hopefully in Dec because I'll document pics of my one of a kind (super)beast ^_-

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The standard is not a normal black, either. It's kind of a silver-black orange peel textured powder. I really like it a lot, and I think it's a perfect fit for the theme of the game. I'm not sure exactly how it differs from the LE, though.
Edit:
It looks like the LE is a copper colored powder using the same texture as the standard.

indeed.
the coating design is called "vein"

silver vein on the 250 standard.
copper vein on the 50 LE's.

Steve pinballrefinery makes an awesome orange for it.

#6565 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Eh, ok. Every person I've asked thus far say they dislike it. How could you even see the ball?

the single hardware/design shortcoming is the GI. it's true, it's hard to see the ball in a poorly lit environment. it's also true that this is one of the most easily fixable flaws. easily fixed with a few dollars and 5-10 minutes on your own or with refinery kit.

the software is continuously getting better thanks to Fawzma's attention and open mind.

also, it's possible to like a game without being a "fanboy". and even if someone is a fanboy, why do you care

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Eh, overall it's just a poor lighting design.
Spooky pinball should invest a little more time on lighting and artwork. If they don't, I could care less. But if they do, I really feel like they could interest even more players in buying their games. I should probably mention that I have a degree in design and in photography so I suppose I hold a much higher regard when it comes to well designed lighting and artwork.
Same criticisms I made since 2010 on why Stern wouldn't just go 100% LEDs.
Less heat, better lighting. Cheaper and bulbs last longer. It should have been a no brainer but they managed to drag their feet on it for years.
Stern, along with the entire industry did move to LEDs and all companies have greatly improved their lighting in general, since that standard was established. Stern hired some very good talent to design the lighting in their games, starting with the announcement of Met. Pro LED. All these seem like common sense, good decisions to me.
I can pick apart the best designed machines and find lots of things I don't like about every single game I own. I'm not picking on this game. I think it currently suks because with just a few changes, the game could have been or (still can be) great. BUT, I had those same feelings after playing AMH.
Also, regarding the price, wasn't the base price for the game 6k+ at launch? That's 1k more than a new Star Trek pro or Mustang pro. Just trying to justify the price, that's all.

Your tone is much more neutral and well received now. Thanks for adding to the discussion & providing that context. Regarding price, this is licensed content (like a ST Pro or Must Pro..) but unlike the Stern pros, this game is extremely limited to just 300 and sold out quickly. Judging by moving to a bigger facility, hiring more workers, hiring a full time programmer and "graduating" to licensed content and continuing to expand production numbers (500 for next title...), I'd have to say Spooky is doing something right. lol-he and his family have achieved a lot more than I have in the last cpl yrs! ^_^

#6588 3 years ago

getting closer. wait til you see finished product in December

IMG_6389 (resized).JPG

IMG_6391 (resized).JPG

IMG_6390 (resized).JPG

#6602 3 years ago

snakes, pm your address. i'll ship you a roll of the actual anti rattle tape from flipper fidelity. sure other stuff works, but i can tell you this is perfect.

i'll do it as thanks for making those rule cards. i'll get a pic up of how i apply it

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I tell you what ... once you get a handle on RZ and can harness the ball as much as possible, and exploit the rules as much as possible, it's pretty awesome.

...sounds like pinball...

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

snakes, pm your address. i'll ship you a roll of the actual anti rattle tape from flipper fidelity. sure other stuff works, but i can tell you this is perfect.
i'll do it as thanks for making those rule cards. i'll get a pic up of how i apply it

rattle tape application pic. carefully, slowly, methodically adhere it to both front and back of the long edges of the glass.

additionally- use generic adhesive thin felt liberally to really seal the deal. put felt under lockdown bar, on glass "entrance", on top side of bent plastic glare guards. My iron man is solid as a rock, just awesome shaking, not vibrating (which it can be notorious for). (i do this with all my games of course...)

IMG_6492.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6487.JPG

IMG_6493.JPG

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I would say that you are better than the average player also .

wish i had mine already so i can weigh in. i'm no pro but i'm definitely an above avg player. if i get to wizard in one week then i will be of the opinion that it should be made harder

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Use the CHOP as much as possible .. if RZ didn't have the CHOP ball save then nobody would get anywhere. Keep it ready to go (three lights lit) and get ready to flick it to the outline as required when the ball goes screaming in that direction.

Fawzma, remember i brought this up several mos ago. A good player will easily abuse CHOP ball save. Sadly I haven't played the most recent code yet. Did you nerf it for subsequent spellings and/or make it setting adjustable? Damn I can't wait to get my game. The first 16 mos or so since announcement have flown by, these last couple are killing me!

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

CHOP has been adjustable for a while now. You can disable it from being a ball save and I think the other option is to reward points on CHOP completion.

perfect thanks for the answer and to Fawzma for being so insanely flexible!

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'd prefer the word "utilise" ...
If that was turned off, good luck getting to the wizard. It's really the only thing in the players favour in an otherwise totally brutal game. And it still takes a fair bit of skill to "utilise" it well ... it's not a given.
rd

Fair. "abuse" is a little over the top. Thanks for calling me out.

1 week later
#6685 3 years ago

twenty84, nice job and thx for hosting buffalopinball on the stream.

to owners out there, does anyone have an inventory/diagram of all the bulbs in the game? i want to order my lights now-ish to save some pennies during black friday comet sale

#6690 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Not sure why you would want to swap them all out.

thnks Ben- because I do my own thing

1 week later
#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I picked up some RZ about two weeks ago and I am loving it. I just added Baby and Otis figures to the playfield. I am not 100% sure if I am going to keep them on there. They can easily be removed. I also have a Captain Spalding figure but I am probably not going to put him on. There really isn't any room.

Ah cool. Finally someone else. I'm determined to find a spot for my Baby, and Tiny figures that looks right. I also have this guy from H1KC. I'll cut them in half to find good spots if I have to. Adding figures alone is not tacky, it can be done correctly! Especially if you light them up in some way.

image (resized).jpg

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

After spending a lot of time messing with the coil settings, I added a guide to mine that the ball brushes on it's way down the VUK habitrail. It slows the ball just enough that it usually rolls down the left (chicken) lane. It's still a fast eject, and you still get random bounce, but it makes the upper playfield much less aggravating.

Hey Harold, can you snap and share a pic or two?

#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Here is a picture of the guide in the game. I plan to print one in black once I get filament.

A picture of the guide out of the game, where you can see it better.

It's designed to be a tight fit, but slightly wider than a ball. The path does not allow the ball to pass straight through, though. It has to get bumped a bit to at least one side, taking a bit of speed off the ball.

...and finally, while I'm posting pictures, here's one of the unreleased LED OCD in it. I have a small number of them on order, and they will likely be ready mid-January.

Oh, I almost forgot, here's a link to the STL file:
http://ledocd.com/RZ_VUK_Guide.zip

Thanks for the pics. You know I'll order an OCD if you sell any.

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Does anybody know if wpc or stern mirror blades fit on rz? I can modify them abit if needed.

I've been investigating that for MONTHS. Just today Jose (tilt graphics) told me his gameblades for RZ are based off of WPC. I get my game in a cpl wks.

#6822 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I totally agree with the latter comment. Bailing just because you see some other people bailing, without knowing why they're bailing, is a bit silly. And it's extra lame to leave Spooky holding the bag on your personally customized game after fully committing to the purchase. If I recall correctly, the time to back out was when the $1000 hard deposits were due. I'm really glad Spooky was financially strong enough to survive this wave of herd mentality types and welchers. I'd be immensely disappointed if it sunk them. They are my favorite Stern alternative.

There's a lot more FOMO, flippers, & impatience in our hobby than I realized. RZ has proved it in a big way.

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

In Demonoid Phenomenon I feel like reducing so you even only have to hit one of the two X targets would be nice. Cause ya hitting those is just so random and pure luck. It is hard to hit them by trying and usually what I get stuck on trying to get the multiball.

Full agree. Got a
Chance to play one again for first time in a while and I locked in the right orbit but those two targets on the side are a whole nother story

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

So I've had #163 in my house for just over a week and just hit 100 plays. Also, I appear to be living in the future since my code version is v16.
fawzmagames Some thoughts:
- Mode points aren't getting added to my main score. So I can come out of a mode with 5M mode points and my score will only be 1M. Could be fun to have those added in bonus to make tilting a brutal mistake. Maybe not.
- WHAT progress doesn't seem to be saved and I haven't managed to dial mine in to the point where I can get more than two or 3 flips on the ball before it drains out of the upper playfield. Would be nice if you finish off a pair of gas and chicken the progress was saved.
- Lock sometimes is lit but ball goes through. Usually the next time I hit the shot it captures, but I've had to hit it 3 times once before lock was held.
- Living Dead Girl: I've come to dislike and avoid this mode. Not worth much points and blocks progress on everything else. Maybe allow it to be stacked with a mode?
- Left flipper: If I'm not already in a mode (which is often) then having the ball on the left flipper feels like jail. Can't hit the lock target, can't start a mode. I guess I can hit Living Dead Girl, but as I said I'm actively avoiding that. The post transfer is becoming possible as my rubbers break in but still feels like there should be something valuable to do from the left flipper if you aren't in a mode. Maybe the cards will be that?
Knit picking:
- It would be nice if game start overrode the match sequence so I don't have to wait to get back into it.
- I don't love extra ball coming from a skill shot. Feels like it should come from completing a couple modes? Or maybe starting 3 modes?
Anyway, I'm having a blast learning the rules as I go. I know there are videos out there with glass off tutorials, but that would take away the fun for me. Game is wicked fast and I'm enjoying the variety of modes. I might like to see a combo system or something but I expect y'all have ideas for the shots that currently are a bit under utilized.

Great feedback, thanks for sharing. Ill be joining the official owner feedback train the first week of the year- I imagine I'll echo yours exactly

#6864 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I love the theme, but after several discussions with my wife, we have decided against having this game with a 5 and a 1 year old. I'm a huge rock and metal fan, and I don't want to have to keep this game covered up. I have contacted Spooky to see about giving up my spot for number 198. So anyone thinking of getting in should contact them immediately. This one is on the build line and has the "mods". I also told Spooky that I would be willing to pay half of the mod cost for the new buyer since it's already in production.

Why the down votes?

#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Laseriffic also has the fluorescent orange plastic protectors for the slings and return lanes:
http://laseriffic.myshopify.com/collections/plastic-protectors/products/rob-zombie-plastic-protectors
I have a feeling they'd really pop with the UV GI upgrade.

I'll find out when I get my game.

#6907 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you get more switch hits keeping balls active off the 4 slings and 3 pops than letting them drain for a single switch in the trough? This game isn't designed like the cookie-cutter Stern that feeds balls from the shooter directly into the pops below the lanes.

You're not missing anything...

#6929 3 years ago

Pitch +\- can significantly impact frequency or infrequency of stuck balls on any pinball machine. Those with stuck balls may consider adjusting pitch and see if still occurs

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Finally put all the mods I bought on.
I have Rock Custom's interactive undercab kit (love how this changes colors during different modes and things happening on the playfield)
Pinball refinery uv kit (love this, doesn't look as purple as the pictures show and really makes some things on the playfield light up.)
Pinball Side mirrors

What model of side mirrors did you get? Did you have to drill them or the side wall?

#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Email pinball sidemirrors. He has them for rob zombie, just not listed on the website yet. I didn't have to make any changes to them.

Thanks so much. Can you pm me his email please? I've been unsuccessful using the website contact link in the past.

#6977 3 years ago

Special order #171 in my possession. A lot more pics coming later tonight/days when I'm doing my thing.

image (resized).jpg

#6985 3 years ago

Only got thru what I'll call phase one tonight as some stuff came up.

-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-red coin inserts
-orange flipper buttons

-custom coated armor/housing/door

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Do you always mount you pingulp on the front? I've only ever seen it to the side.

Front left (buy a R mount) mount allows:
- to see cabinet side art better
- easier access to drink
- coin door can still open plenty
- can fit between games to work on them easier

Side mount is kind of silly imo...

---
This morning's work:
- repositioning the "get it on" plunger spring cover plastic so you can see when a ball is in shooter lane. (Microscopic oversight by Spooky imo.)
- bulletproofing the eject/lane area with protection (my OCD, wear protection)

IMG_0317 (resized).JPG

IMG_0318 (resized).JPG

IMG_0319 (resized).JPG

#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Wow, a lot of work! Nice. Have you gotten the chance to just play and enjoy the game?

Yes. Played 3-4 games. Started getting cozy utilizing chop, learning orbits and had a decent 65m game with 3-4 modes complete. Don't worry, it will be played nearly non-stop at times. I like beautifying/upgrading them but not as much as I like playing.

#7005 3 years ago

My god this game is fun. I keep trying to finish my mods install but keep getting sucked into playing it. (That's not normal for me..). I'm really loving the "avoid this, hit that" stuff, the ease of starting but not necessarily finishing h1kc, and the reward of multiballs for completing song modes.

I was all over this 18 mos ago on theme alone and now I'm enjoying it in my house and it's just a very very fun pinball game. I'm giddy! Thanks Spooky team! More mods/pics coming soon!

Note: owners, make sure you take the time to adjust the audio settings both in the menu and physically on the amp inside the cabinet for your full preferential enjoyment!

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Hmm, I haven't looked at the audio settings in the menu yet. What exactly is there and do you have suggestions on preferred values?
I agree the sound quality is amazing but it would be cool if audio settings (notably volume) were easier to change on the fly (on future games) without having to reach into the dark cabinet to adjust the correct tiny dial on the amp. As someone with kids the wife may very well yell down to "turn that down now" and being in my not so well lit basement, it's not a quick thing to do.

the factory settings on sound effect volume vs music volume aren't to my liking. I turn the sound effects down a bit and music up a bit. I think that's what I did... music is def too quiet for me personally from the factory.

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Other things I still need to figure it out is how to make the robots green LEDs on the pop bumper not blind me.

Ah yes, that too. I am removing mine and/or repositioning mine eventually. I'm thinking on some games the slight differences in angles of the light socket are probably better/worse than others. Your height matters too...pinball

I'm also putting mine next to my TWD

#7023 3 years ago

Can someone please link to the posts regarding the faulty TILT wire? Thanks in advance!

#7024 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can someone please link to the posts regarding the faulty TILT wire? Thanks in advance!

Disregard, found it. Twenty84 figured it out. It is high voltage wires bundled with the low voltage tilt wires. Unbundle, reroute. On it!

#7027 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes, but If that isn't enough put a ferrite core on each end of the wires that go to the tilt

Thank you. Because so far it isn't enough. My phantom tilts have been reduced but not eliminated. Mind taking a pic of your setup?

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Here are some pics of the ferrite cores in place.

Thanks! Now I'm confused though,
I thought you took the positive tilt bob wire (yellow/gray) out of the bundle altogether. In your pic, far as I can tell you simply added ferrit cores but the tilt bob wire is still bound up in the same bundle as factory- ?

#7032 3 years ago

Thanks for chiming in as well Harold. Here's what I've done so far to reduce but not yet eliminate my phantom tilts: I completely unbundled the positive yellow gray tilt bob wire (I also unbundled the orange gray left flipper because mine was acting wonky during menu interfaces)

I think to finish the job for me I will have to also use a ferrit or pluck and unbundle the yellow gray tilt bob wire from the backbox board as well..?

IMG_0375 (resized).JPG

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I should also mention that I also twisted the cables to minimize any loops that might pick up electromagnetic flux. I did put my ferrite cores on the low voltage bundle (e.g. Tilt, coin door switches, etc.) but removed the higher voltage solenoid wires from the group. This complete eliminated the phantom tilts for me, curious what others experience is.

? In your pics though it looks like all the low and high voltage wires are still bundled together?

#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey RZ-lovers,
wanna pimp the hell out of my my RZ SE when it comes to my man cave in February! As I live in Kraut-Deutschland I am forced to order in time to have the hot shit there when the machine finally arrives !
So guys: what are the coolest mods for our machine?...and where can I get the stuff?
My ideas so far:
Already ordered the Sparky T