image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it. I'm not "pre-order" money taking, or expecting anything sight unseen.

Does this mean you will hold the deposit money in restricted cash, rather than using it to finance operations? If so, is that written in a contract?

#222 8 years ago

I loved all of the oldschool horror clips in 1000 corpses, looking forward to the deep haunted house voice, evil laughter etc. I hope they incorporate. Very excited for the theme, I think it'll be exactly what I've been looking for as I wanted a real horror theme as my next pin.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's hard to say whether the run on this game is due to the license or due to good will generated by them making AMH first.
Can people who have put their name on the list for a game say whether it's the license or just Spooky's rep that has lead you to this decision without even seeing any art or a playfield drawing?

I'm on the list now so I can comment! Spooky has gotten rave reviews for not only amh game wise, but customer service too. Their customers are happy so I trust them to deliver.

That said, I have been hoping for a true horror pin as my next one so this is the best of both worlds for me. I wanted to support spooky for their reputation and they offered a non-campy horror theme with one of the best in the business in rob zombie. His style is with the old sound bytes that cut right to the core when you hear them. This is what spooky should be about!

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Kayte told me I'm on the list. So does that mean I will get a game? If the le's are gone then should I assume I'm one of 250 standards? Anyone know anything more about this list and how exactly it might work?

Yeah you are in on a standard. LE sold out to AMH owners.

#385 8 years ago

I second the opinion that once the dust settles every AMH buyer who wants an LE will get one. I can't imagine over 50 actually putting down the deposit money when it is called for, it is an extra $500 for different art and some will like the regular machine art better.

I think Chuck is doing a great thing having 50 machines to be special for his AMH early adopters. If people have priority based on which # of AMH they got, I think that's plenty fair. You don't need all 150 AMH buyers treated the same. Those who put their money down years ahead of the others deserve the most credit. If AMH buyer #150 gets a regular instead of an RZ LE, they will still be getting a great machine and they're big boys, they can handle it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#404 8 years ago

I know all the bible adventure stuff is a (semi) joke, but I think a great pin to follow Rob Zombie would be American McGee's Alice. Seeing as JPop is obviously not putting his out. Sticks with the Spooky theme, and another guaranteed sell-out in a limited run.

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here's an uber simple model that accomplishes all goals- fair (no fastest fingers)- supports and rewards loyalty- keeps things within a specific boundary- keeps process and overhead to small amount- minimizes or avoids 'pre-ordering'
Simply post this kind of model..."The new game is Rob Zombie!!! All previous AMH buyers will have the opportunity to upgrade their new purchase of Rob Zombie to a LE version of Rob Zombie but the number of LEs is limited to X. The LEs will only be offered to previous AMH buyers as a sign of appreciation for your support of SpookyPinball. Because demand may exceed supply.. we will hold a lottery to allocate LEs. If you are a previous AMH buyer and are interested in the LE version of the Rob Zombie pin, submit your intent to upgrade with your down payment. We will collect intents until date XYZ, and then we'll hold the drawing."
You shouldn't fret about people that would no longer buy the pin simply because they didn't get the LE version... and deal with those people on whatever your normal downpayment policy is.
This would keep the speculator angle down as well (in addition to limiting to previous spooky customers).This would also scale to your next title as well if you want to offer a 'loyalty' program as well. Even angles like multiple purchase people get more than one entry.
Heck, you can even make the drawing into a marketing effort.. make it a party.. use the deadline to help drive downpayments, etc.
Lotteries with notice are the fairest way to balance limited opportunities -- especially if 'winning' is purely a bonus and does not exclude the person (in this case, they still buy the standard edition)

I think they are done worrying about it, it was a one time thing and it's over now.

#467 8 years ago

Loyalty offerings are nice, I agree. What form they take in 3 years or whatever next time Spooky announces a new game isn't worth worrying about right now IMO. It prolly won't be an LE though, as it seems they are guaranteed to sell out if they keep up the good work. You are probably right about signed versions and swag, where they won't run into the same problems with limitations.

#497 8 years ago

Email KT now

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

July 4th was for previous amh owners to declare interest, LE or otherwise...somehow I think that's been disregarded due to the mad rush of interest.

No, July 4th was a date related to selecting LE but they all got taken instantly so once that happened anybody could ask to be put on the "interested" list for a SE

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

OK makes sense...the original post from the CO show wasn't clear but your interpretation sounds right. However Id heard that every LE holder is not necessarily an AMH buyer. That info could be wrong tho.

According to Charlie's posts, AMH buyers spoke for all 50. Might want to read the thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=YKpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.