image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VividPsychosis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10485 4 years ago

Hey Guys, I just got a rzle and it has a bunch of issues. I was hoping you could help me out.

1. All the leds flicker like they need a ocd led board during game and attract mode. (Test mode they all light up fine.)

2. The clown doesn’t work properly and the robot doesn’t move at all. In test, the robot tests make the clown move back and forth. The clown test doesn’t move anything. Tried switching the cables that connect both and switch them, then they just both don’t work.

3. The right flipper when I hit the start button was locked in the engaged position. In test it always shows as on. But the leaf switches and the coil leafs look fine.

4. The game struggles to keep track of balls in the trough. But not always. Sometimes it will say missing balls other times it doesn’t. :/

5. When the ball goes past the clown and down the hole, it seems to get caught up. I can only get it down from shaking the machine or putting another ball down the hole.

Please help.

Thanks.

#10488 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Sounds like an awful lot of stuff to go wrong all at once.
Was the machine on route and not maintained or something like that?
The robot not moving at all is probably a worn out servo, which probably needs replaced.
This and Captain Spaulding (the clown) both use servos to turn them.
It's basically the same kind of servo that used in the RC hobby for RC cars and airplanes.
The robot one probably needs replaced as it get the most use and since the gears are plastic they can wear out.
Most hobby shops and RC hobby websites sell them, but if you want something more robust go with one with metal gears.
Captain Spaulding (clown) is only active in certain modes, so he might not be broken.
Does he move back and forth at game start up?
Its possible something back there has come loose or is misaligned, which also might be why the ball is not falling through the hole.
I.E. that might actually be one problem, not two.
I would check and see if you have a bent or broken switch in the ball though.
Maybe its just not registering correctly when the balls are feeding in and out?
Like Dave mentioned I would reach out to Spooky and see if they can help you with some of the stuff like the light problem.
They are pretty amazing when it comes to helping people out with tech stuff.
Oh, yeah.
Congratulations on the new pick up.
It's a pretty awesome game.

Thank you for the response. Yes the game was on route. Apparently the clown servo works but the robot was unplugged and connections bent. I unbent them and plugged it back in but the servo is toast.

Both optos weren’t working on the upper Playfield. But after uninstalling and reconnecting everything to the board they started working.

I do have a blown resistor and chip which controls my right flipper so it needs a board repair but The individual who traded it to me is taking care of it to make it perfect and sending a new servo so all is good

Very happy for the pickup. I love Rob zombie both his movies and his music. Seen him live a ton. Great performer.

Does anyone have links to the best mods? I am looking for the person who makes the target decals for the targets and what inner art blade ls do you all recommend?

Anyone know where to locate the Rob zombie head for the plunger? Also, what plunger spring color is correct? Mine is so strong you cannot hit the skill shot.

Does anyone have a led kit they recommend or the best bulbs to use? The game was swapped with very very cheap white leds all over and they flicker terribly.

Thanks for your help guys! Rock on.

#10490 4 years ago

Is there a led chart for this game? How many of each type, colors etc?

#10493 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome, my wife and I have seen him several times as well.
He really puts on a rockin show and is among our favorite performers to go see.
Sounds like you're making some great progress.
As far as mods I would reach out to Greg at Medisinyl Mods.
He makes some really killer stuff that fill out the play field nicely and looks bitchin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1394-medisinyl-mods
If you're into Robs films, then you will love Gregs mods as they tie right in and have a lot of though put into them as far as style and integration.

Thanks! I got in contact with him and bought one of each mod

What brand LED’s do you guys think are of the highest quality and output for this game under inserts? Gi? Comet? Cointaker? Frosted, non frosted?

#10496 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Comet is the go to. 2SMD for inserts. 1SMD frosted for GI.
Personally - I would focus on fixing all the game issues 100% and get the game playing perfectly before you go modifying anything.
I know it is tempting ... resist the temptation and get it working properly first.
rd

Yeah, you know how it goes though. Lol. Thanks for the recommendation. I picked some leds up.

Does anyone know what color spring is used for the plunger? I’m pretty sure the one on this game was swapped with a much much firmer one than original. Could someone look at their game for me?

#10498 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Factory spring was too firm for my liking. New players would yank it back and unnecessarily smack stuff in the game pretty hard.
I have a much softer spring for my RZ plunger as a proper skill shot attempt should only need a light plunge.
Ended up buying a kit with about 5 different springs and tested them until I got what I liked. What I use may be considered too light for some.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VividPsychosis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=VividPsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.