mark (resized).jpg
Pic32_error (resized).JPG
AD6CFD2C-4A4F-4E8F-814C-8E85B561D7F5 (resized).png
20201031_134547 (resized).jpg
20201016_182414 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (5 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (4 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (4 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (4 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (4 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timfenske11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10538 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, they have been really awesome.
I was just wondering if it’s unique to this game (which I think it might be). Or if it’s a part you can just order from a parts distributor.
I’ll probably reach out to Luke or Charlie and see if I can buy a couple.
I think it would be good to have a spare.

Contact spooky. They sent me a replacement within days! Great customer service.

1 month later
#10571 1 year ago

Finally got all my mods installed. Drastic improvement to upper playfield area.

20200326_175349 (resized).jpg20200522_182223 (resized).jpg20200522_195026 (resized).jpg20200522_194747 (resized).jpg20200329_140945 (resized).jpg
#10573 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Awesome! However, it appears the gas station lighting is red, which is unintentional, and would mean the green ground lost connection when I installed the LED strip (likely was only tested beforehand). If you dig the more horroresque lighting that creates, then great, but if not, I could pay for return shipping and have it shipped back within a day of receiving it. Normally a more yellow/green light as it appears in the film.

I appreciate the offer. I think it looks great the way it is! Your mods really fill out the top of this amazing game.

Thanks for everything

4 months later
#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Between the insane pricing, the spammy ad tactics, and the grossly exaggerated before/afters from the owner, I've become about as anti-pinstadium as anyone, however...
This game benefits SO SO much from them. I don't have them turned up too bright. I agree with keeping the dark *mood* but I want to see the playfield. I have mine on warm white with just a tint of red. It really looks great. Not color-bombed AT ALL and it keeps the original vibe of the game, except you can see everything, even playing in a dark room. So, this is the one game I would strongly recommend Pinstadiums.

I agree completely. I put them on mine just enough to see. In my opinion makes the game much better.

#10685 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

RZ is the only pin I have pin stadiums on. Big difference. You can set them to purple or red and it keeps it dark but adds enough light. Also check the to spot lights in the trough, when I got mine one bulb was missing. There are only two flashers in RZ so if you get the Orion belt go to spooky to get the wiring diagram. Hit me up if you need any help connecting it up.

Which flasher/what did you attach Orions belt to on yours?

#10689 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I think Orion is overkill on any game, but even if you like it, there's only 2 flashers in RZ. Get the uv glow version and connect to the purple flasher.

That's actually what I have and if I haven't played for awhile its intense as hell. I was just wondering what you did. I did put an orions belt in T2 and it compliments the game well but that's for another forum.

Thanks

3 months later
#10781 10 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

After over three years of making the Rob Zombie mods, they are now discontinued, with a final run call on the Mausoleum (details below). With some of these mods in what may be 40+% of all Rob Zombie machines (lost count a long time ago ), the support for them has been beyond any expectation, and I can't thank everyone enough.
With months of backlog for over a year now, I haven't been able to develop new mods, which is the more exciting aspect of modding for me, and many of these RZ mods take a long time to make (the gas set being the most tedious).
Anyone that was promised RZ mods will still be able to get them, so no concerns there (open orders, those on a list, and those that were promised mods with future Elvira runs).
As demand still continues to be consistent for these mods, I expect any sold second hand should maintain their value, or perhaps even fetch a premium (the previously discontinued spine mod has proven to be in demand at a premium, and is the rarest of the mods with only about 40 produced).
The ball stop mod will continue to be available for download on Thingiverse (no other files for RZ will be released).
--------
Mausoleum Final Run Call: It would likely be about 4+ months out on turnaround, but for the rest of January, if anyone still wants a Mausoleum mod, you can contact me via PM to be put on a list. They would be $245 shipped (no payment until I'm closer to shipping).

I agree with previous post. Your mods brought my game to the next level. Completely filled out the top half of the game. Money well spent!

Thanks

#10783 10 months ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Hey all, I’m newbie to the hobby and RZ is my first machine. I love the game but I’m having an issue with fuse 2 repeatedly blowing. Not exactly sure what I should be looking for, but it definitely seems to be related to the left flipper. Looks like the previous owner did a pretty rough job soldering that one. Think that might be the issue or any other suggestions on what I should be looking for?
[quoted image]

I have the same problem intermittently. I have only had to replace the fuse twice in a year. Following to see if this is common among other owners. You are probably playing alot since it's your first and only home game.

#10791 10 months ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

I contacted three different Techs in my area to see if they might be willing to take a look. All three said they won’t work on Spooky games, so that was pretty disappointing.

Is this really a thing? What were their reasons? Break down too often(they make too much money) or too little? This is a basic fix/test.

Definitely try to join a league /club in your area. Most people in the community are more than happy to help/teach. Then you pass it along. Some of the nicest people I have ever met are pinheads!

1 month later
#10806 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It would be disingenuous to discontinue mods, then offer them in some other way. For RZ mods, only the ball stop will be freely available on Thingiverse.

I personally have purchased every mod you have made besides the spine since it was already discontinued once I bought my machine and would not be offended in any way if you shared your files since new owners don't have the ability to order from you again. Especially considering how empty the top half of the game is without them. I personally would never take the time to print, paint,wire and build them myself. I don't have the artistic ability or the time.

Just my 2 cents that no one asked for and completely understand your position also.

Maybe create a want list and raise the price to do another run? Money always talks.

Anyways thanks for the great mods you did make!

#10810 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is indeed one of the reasons I'd never set a precedent of going against my word when I discontinue a mod (most collectors don't like to hear that their OOP item gets re-run, especially after paying a premium).
Doing so would also potentially undermine the ability to sell new mods--if the precedent is set that anything I make could eventually become free, then the value is inherently reduced out of the gate, and many would just wait. Despite loving to make the mods, I do unfortunately need to protect the financial aspect to put as much time as I do into some mods (will be 100s of hours into developing AMH files by the time it's all complete, with no promise anyone will want them).

I made some of the RZ mods for over three years, so most had a fair chance at them. I still have a list to finish of people that got in line before the discontinuation announcement, and I'll be glad to finally have RZ mods behind me once the last few orders are satisfied.
----------------------------------------------
Throwing this AMH teaser here for now (2nd nearly completed mod of a larger set).

Like I said I completely understand. I was late to the party acquiring RZ and AMH.

Please put me on the list for the complete set of AMH.

Thanks

#10812 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The AMH set will likely only be sold as a full, limited edition, numbered set (either max number of mods or time period ends to get on the list once officially revealed). Whole set will be cohesive and it's unlikely anyone would just want one piece of it once seen. I had debated options, etc. for pricing flexibility, but just decided to go fully loaded on any decisions this time around.
Won't be a cheap set, but it will be significantly transformative for the game (more than any mod set I'm aware of).
Pricing won't be decided until I've completed the set and can assess what it takes to build a set (time/cost), what it took to develop it all, etc.
Looking forward to the full reveal when I can, and I'll perhaps tease other parts before the full reveal (first mod has been done awhile now, and also has a partial spoiler in my teaser clip for those looking for clues).

Can't wait!

1 month later
#10864 6 months ago
Quoted from awassig:

Question about Rob Zombie lighting. I tried some homemade pinstadiums and just don't like the led dot reflections so I removed them. Other options are spotlights and does Pinball refinery still make their UV kit? Looking for some suggestions possibly with pics. Want a little more lighting without taking away too much of the dark theme.
Thanks!

I have regular pinstadiums on mine that are controlled with their phone app. I have the the gi tinted red a little and set about 15 to 20 percent. I will see if I can get a pic tonight

#10871 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Interesting stuff here regarding lighting. Would love to see some pics as well if not too much trouble.

It hard to completely capture how well it works but it's completely adjustable to any color ot brightness. One pic is in the dark. The other is with the room light on.

20210524_212149 (resized).jpg20210524_212226 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210524-212158_Pin Stadium (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#10897 5 months ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the customer service at Spooky. Every time I’ve called tech support they pick up. They have no problem walking you through any issues to get you back to playing. My experiences with Aj at Spooky have been great. It’s things like this that make me want to buy into the next Spooky machine.

I agree besides their low production numbers on really desirable machines.

I understand with AMH and even RZ. They also did it right with ACNC. They seemed to leave alot of money on the table and disappointed customers with TNA and especially R&M

However their customer service is second to none. I have two spooky machines and they are very helpful with ANY parts or troubleshooting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timfenske11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside