image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

When I played it (ZFBTG) at Allentown 2 years ago, I stopped playing after a couple of shots realizing that it was a total turd not exciting at all to me. The sots were boring and the flow was lacking.

Really? That's a great assessment... except it was never in Allentown. Not once, not ever, so I'm not sure what you think you played. Wow... nice.

Again, we're not asking for a dime up front. You want your name on the list? Do so now... they will be OFFERED (not sold) as received. This will ONLY happen after we've shown a completed package. Then it's $1,000 down to reserve your spot, and NOTHING until your game is done. You will at least see it before you buy it. I'm not "pre-order" money taking, or expecting anything sight unseen.

I see David (our new programmer) popped in on PS. Yep, he's doing code with Ben and I directing. We've got to get some of the work load off Ben Heck... period. We love Ben and don't want to see his brain explode. Ben works harder than any human I've ever met. Our dots guy is floating around PS somewhere all the time... if he wants to say hello he can. I'm not gonna call him out unless he wants to be.

We seriously can't handle more than 300 units in our facility in any kind of respectable time frame. We know we could sell more, we just aren't capable of making more... we will get there. We hope to be in our own facility (we're so out of room in our current shop it's silly) by spring. If we're lucky, maybe this winter. Turns out, making a lot of pinball machines is really hard. At least that's what I hear on the internet.

The 50 LE's are strictly a THANK YOU to AMH customers... before we announced this title, many of them were asking and telling us they wanted game #2... no game title revealed, nothing shown, no hints, and we were a little shocked to say the least. That kind of faith, or possibly insanity?!... is something I couldn't ignore. So we ponied up for the artist to do a 2nd glass, and figured out what we could do to make it different and cool WITHOUT it being a different game. No way I'm taking out a feature for 1 version over the other... I hate that stuff. Without the AMH customers who took a chance on us, we aren't even having this conversation right now. People forget how hard a sell AMH was. I'm glad it did sell out, and yes, we are turning down sales every day by not making more. We said 150 units, and we stick to our word. That means something to us. Seems we've done everything the hard way here, but I'm glad we did... we need to make lots of improvements, and that's never going to stop being the case. I want the build quality better, and we need to get more professional as a company. All this will happen. If 1 out of every 3 AMH customers buys an LE, I'd be shocked... but judging from the emails so far, it might happen.

The Rob Zombie layout is not going to be yet another fan layout.. I don't believe they all need to be. People wanted more flow, more toys, more everything from what it started life as, and we did that. It's going to be fast & wild. Make your shots (it has 5 nice flow shots) and you'll be rewarded. Miss and yep, it's going to make you pay and bring chaos. You want pure flow? Go buy the newest Star Trek... I think that's the best flow game Steve's ever done, and that's saying something. Brilliant shots from the best flow guy ever. Guess that's my way of saying I'm no Steve Ritchie, so why would I try to be?

It will be a dark, bad ass metal and horror game. Pretty sure the only comic relief will come from our favorite killer clown, Captain Spaulding. We're thrilled that Sid Haig agreed to do the custom speech for that character! Having both Sid & Rob doing dialogue is more than we ever could have hoped for. We have been asked, and yes... we will have a "family mode" in the game (no nudity or "large scale" curse words in family mode), but it's still a decidedly adult theme, so we leave that to your judgement. Again, this isn't for everyone and we get that.

Thanks for the patience everyone... been running on little sleep since last Monday. Sorry we haven't responded much to all the emails, texts, and messages... worked the show in Denver all weekend and drove straight through to Benton in the most god awful freakin' storms. Seriously, how does it rain that hard for 900 miles out and back?! Got home at 5:00 a.m., up at 7:30... pinball is hard.

Thanks for the patience, and carry on with the speculation. Gonna lock ourselves in the shop and bust our asses to finish AMH (half way through the 150 now) and get Rob Zombie's Spookshow International ready to ship in January! Because saying that NEVER comes back to bite anyone right?!

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey I want one so badly but I do unfortunately live in Good Ol' Germany

Can't tell you that an AMH did make it to Germany, but it did. Man that sounds like Ben Heck huh?! We (again, per contract we are licensed in the USA, Canada, and Australia on this game) can't sell directly to you, but there are those who provide services like this to help. Do some research.

Build numbers are always an issue in a small capacity company, and you have to understand... by the time we start shipping this early in 2016 some of the contract time (3 years) has slipped already. We do have it in place should the need arise that we can extend the contract to complete the build, but we can't extend the contract for number of games sold. 300 is double what AMH was, so this is a BIG jump for our facility and team.

And NO, I don't want to make anyone wait 2 damn years to get a game. We've got to hire more, get more production capability, and get faster. Every dime we make goes right back into making this happen and we're prepping for this while we finish AMH. Could we have said "give us a deposit now" and gotten enough to put up a new shop by summers end? Yep. Would I sleep well at night taking blind pre-orders to accomplish that? Oh HELL no.

All LE's are already claimed by the AMH crowd... wow, I did not see that coming. Maybe some will back out, maybe not, but either way... we're absolutely thrilled. Again, all on the list will get to see before they send any payment. Probably was 10 better ways to handle all this, but here we are regardless.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Standard BG has Rob lording over the characters, arms outstretched. Characters from his movies / videos around him, a giant moon, a huge werewolf and other stuff. Living Dead Girl, Baby, Spaulding, the axe guy...
LE BG is Rob driving the Dragula towards camera, running over skeletons and the characters jumping out of the way. More of an action shot.
They both look BAD ASS. I'm sure Chuck will post them when ready - the standard should be pretty close.

People wonder why we made a "next title" announcement? Meet Ben Heck ladies and gentlemen... Apple would shoot this guy.

Ben, you're like the crazy kid brother or younger than me uncle from some weird remarriage deal I always wanted.

He's not wrong. It's BAD ASS... I know, I've seen it. Can't wait to see it all finalized and show you all.

#286 8 years ago

Really... we never dreamed that 1 out of 3 AMH customers would jump on a Rob Zombie game. But they did... and then some. Lesson learned.

The July 4th was the date we'd release any remaining LE's to non AMH customers... it's a non issue because there are far more than 50 AMH customers who'd like an LE. You can jump on the standard list now, and I suggest you email [email protected] quickly.

Let's face it, at 300 units the entire run is an LE. Again, the playfield and features are NO different. No extra toys, modes, etc... just a little extra bling.

Once we show the playfield and art, deposit of $1,000 confirms your game, NOTHING more until your game is done. You've got a couple months at my best estimate. Games we hope to start shipping right after the 1st of the year. As in 2016... not 2017, 2018, or 2025.

Doing our best. We aren't perfect but we are honest.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll sign each one if that matters to anyone My signature.. not Robs.

Way to go David! We'll make that part of the LE package.

David's a great guy, has designed games before, but he's new to pinball. Ben and I guide, but David gets his 2 cents on everything as well. I have no desire to micromanage anyone that works here. We sent him home with a RZ and an AMH, and let the file / script / dots / etc etc etc sharing commence!

A big part of Spooky's original objective was to give new talented people a shot in pinball. I interviewed about a half dozen people for the programming gig, but none could pass the Ben Heck test... until David came along. Hopefully Ben's brain is recovering from the AMH damage done... he needs a break. Of course he "takes a break from pinball" and designs a mini game and writes new code for future Zombie goodness we haven't even told you about, but at least David keeps him from jumping off the roof!

So yep, welcome to team Spooky, David!

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You have 150 customers and couldn't offer 150 LE's ?

You really think every single AMH customer would be a repeat customer? We had a lot of people upset AMH didn't have a "family mode"... and it is very mild in the adult humor department with cute kooky ghosts as the villains. I had one guy cancel his AMH order because of this, and he told me to take him off our sales list because we "obviously don't care about people with children". Offering half the games as LE's isn't limited... it's half the run.

Look, we underestimated the demand... sorry. Our intent was not to create drama, it was to offer something special to those who supported us when we really needed it.

We had taken AMH to shows, waited until it was close to production ready... had over 100 people on the "I want it" list. When we sent that initial email out for sales, in the first 2 weeks we sold 1 game... Think about that... 1 GAME. After we poured our entire life savings and 2 years of insane amounts of work into this, with no plan B if Spooky failed. Know who bought that game? Joe Newhart. Then he took it to shows, and started to help sell them to help us. Not a "show game"... HIS OWN PERSONAL GAME.

We could be avoiding this by having no distributors and no LE's. We talked about just selling direct on this because we have sooo many distributors asking us all the time to give them games, and realistically at this level you can't afford to give up that much. At the end of the day, we couldn't do that to a guy like Joe. He busts his ass, he donates tons to charity, he puts games in children's hospitals... he cares... a LOT about pinball in general.

I'm glad we did this the hard way. Just makes me appreciate even more where we're at now. Really, it's all going to be the same playing game... our intent was not to cause drama. Trust me, I freakin' hate drama like you can't imagine.

Let the first world problems go... please. Buy it because you like the game, the theme, the art... whatever it is you enjoy about this game. Don't buy it because it's "limited". The 250 regulars are going to look bad ass, play just as fast and crazy, and be missing NOTHING where it matters... IN THE GAME.

Whew! Now I feel better. Go play some damn pinball!

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Looking forward to my AMH in a couple of months

In the grand scheme of things of late... I think that speaks volumes. We'll have half the AMH's out the door in the next few weeks, and that feels pretty awesome.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'd be in for a Bible Adventures. Alex Horley art and Stryper soundtrack

Ok, now I'm on board with Ben on this one...

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Maybe this is best for an offline discussion

ABSOLUTELY...

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope I'm never too old to love it!

I'm not... that's for sure!

Again, when Rob requested Alex, I thought... "oh crap, there goes the license. We'll never be able to get that guy". We did, and I'm still shocked and amazed.

Please for the love of Jebus, forget the LE thing. We did 50, they went faster than we could ever have anticipated, end of story. Both games are going to be identical in every way... One will just have a different bad ass art package, while the other will have an equally as bad ass art package, but more of them.

We're not holding back on this... Some of you are going to have to lock it in "family mode" and leave it there. It's all about the horror, metal, art, and crazy world that Zombie has created. I freakin' love it!

It's just a dream to be working on this game at all.

#589 8 years ago

Said it before, I'll say it again... It has more flow than the previous layout. More toys, more coils than AMH, more everything than what it had before. It's still wild and punishing as I intended. There are tons of pure fan flow whatever you wanna call it layout games out there, and I have no desire to make pure fan layout game #127. Others can and will do them better than I, so why try to be an immitator?

If it fails then I'm wrong and at least we took a chance on something different. If I believed that was the case I'd never even try.

We're making toys here... Really, I'm still surprised by that fact. I was writing script for a killer clown at midnight last night as part of my "job".

Debating if a toy you've never played is more or less fun than another toy seems kinda weird to me. And I know weird... Been weird my whole life!

Happy fathers day!

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When will we get to see the backglass art? Pins and needles over here

Alex is working on final glass now. All in due time. Toy Story 2 taught us, "you can't rush art".

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Nothing but a theme is annouced and you want me to email and say im interested in spending $6000 for a game?

We made a title announcement before it completely leaked anyway. We took a no obligation, no money down, interested parties sales list. Don't like it once you see it? It cost you an email and nothing else. If that upsets you, we're really sorry, we did our best. At least we aren't on page 400 discussing how to get your email back via attorney.

I personally wouldn't buy any game sight unseen, unless it was a dream title that I was completely enthralled with. I can think of maybe 3 things total... Rob Zombie is one of those for me.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Charlie, just curious: Who is being credited as "designer" of the RZ pin?

I did the bulk of design, Ben of course has his fingerprints in the game, and Dennis Nordman helped us with the upper playfield. Basically Dennis makes sure we don't screw it up royally.

Ben was the one who convinced me to add some more flow (with an assist to Aurich, who did have valid points). I can be stubborn, but Ben knows how to get through to me and get me to admit when I'm wrong. I like games that take chances and are different. I also understand you can't be TOO different, or the masses will shun the game play.

If 300 people like this game, then perfect! That's what we needed to make this successful.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Problem is - since you can only make 300 most (if not all people) will HAVE to buy without even playing it

Valid point... but I hope those that are buying are fans of Rob, Spooky, the art, different layouts... whatever the case may be. You will be able to see it (at least) before you make a deposit. I wish everyone could play it first, but really no way to logistically make that happen. It's no different with a Stern LE or what some of the other pinball companies have done (or tried to do). Usually the Stern LE's sell out long before anyone could actually play the game. People buy them because they like the theme, want something different, want all the toys, or whatever the case may be.

Someday we'll just make and sell games. Seems simple, but soooo hard to accomplish.

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Charlie,
Does the game still have the "banking" skill shot

Yep. Single, double, or triple if you're good.

And thanks Aurich! Ben and I never agree on everything either. We just know how to fight for what we believe in, and compromise when it matters.

#686 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's what I meant - the interest list is already over 300.

No, it's not. It's getting closer to 300 every day but we aren't there yet. When it comes time to show the game and take deposits, some are going to pass and spots will open. I guarantee it. The same thing happened in a big way on AMH. I expect the attrition to be less on this game, but it will still happen.

If you are interested in a game, email [email protected] and put your name in. No risk, no money, no obligation, no drama. Deposit of $1,000 when we show the FULL GAME. Nothing more until the game is done and ready to go to you. Don't like the game? Then it cost you an email, and we'll thank you for the consideration and hope you like the next game we do.

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I sent an email on Monday afternoon, no reply yet.

Did you send it to: [email protected] or [email protected] ? We've answered all emails and checked our spam filters. You should do the same. She replied to a Kevin in NC on the 22nd if that's you. We have no way of knowing from a Pinside nickname.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I was referring to the July 4th time line Spooky mentioned.

That was just a notice date for AMH customers to "commit" (put their names in for) the 50 LE's... remaining LE's would then be open to the public. We're WAAAAAAYYYY past that.

Rob Zombie put it on his FB & website today, Dread Central & Bloody Disgusting put it out there... even hit some of the music news sites. We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming.

Crazy... absolutely crazy... I knew we'd do well with this, but yeah, I was WAY under estimating.

On the bright side, we just got job security for 2 years... and we WILL be putting it all back into the company to make even better games.

1 month later
#978 8 years ago

Yep... this is for real and gonna be a blast!

Sven.jpgSven.jpg

3 weeks later
#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm simply saying that Chuck and I haven't agreed on the vision for the playfield from the start. He told me that he's come around closer to my way of thinking, and it's just a matter of whether or not that's true enough to suck me in or not.

You shouldn't buy this game Aurich... the only way you're going to get your vision of what a Rob Zombie game should be is to build yourself a custom.

Yes we added more flow, toys, mechs, and some great other surprises, but... it's still a wild non "fan layout" type of game. If it fails horribly, then so be it... we can make a fan layout game on #3, and at least we took the chance and stuck to my vision for 1 game. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Not the first time, won't be the last.

At this time there are more than 600 people on the "I want it" list. We know some will pass when they see it, and that's fine. I'd prefer that people who actually want the game for what it is end up with the 300 units, than 300 people expecting it to play like Tron or Star Trek and being disappointed.

The game is dark, gory, R rated, vulgar, PG-13 even in family mode, and not for everyone. It will be brutal to play and something unique. We've made a ton of improvements across the board (no pun intended)... and hoping everyone likes what we do isn't realistic, so I hope a solid 300 of you do.

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If the game isn't right for me then it isn't. But I'm hoping it is.

You are a gentlemen and a scholar sir.. totally respect your opinions, and can't wait to see Alien! Just me being honest and up front... I'd much rather make people happy with their games than sell them something they don't want for the sake of a sale.

Lot's to do before Expo time... still keeping our fingers crossed and doing all we can on our end.

2 weeks later
#1081 8 years ago

I know stuff is gonna leak once in a while... but when stuff gets out that I haven't even seen yet, sorry... not gonna be happy about it.

I didn't know anything about this until after it was mad scramble "recalled" by the vendor who had the issue. Kinda glad, because I would have been seriously stressed, and I'm already that enough.

Soon people... soon!

1 week later
#1148 8 years ago

If it is 100% ready (minus code) it will be at Expo... if not, it will be a few weeks later for the complete reveal. Doing the best we can, but showing unfinished product is something I don't ever want to do again.

Just glad you're liking the glass art! Alex is insanely talented, and I hope we get to do lots more games with him.

1 week later
#1246 8 years ago

Busy as hell guys, but just to be clear... this game isn't going to make it to Expo. Little more art to go, and until it's 100% complete we can't show anything more.

Won't be long... wish we would have made it to Expo with the game, but we'd rather have it right than rushed. Production is still looking pretty good for January, and that's what really matters! (keeps us in business and Minions working... kind of REALLY important).

Rob's an awesome guy to work with... Every detail of the game matters to him. I was hoping to just meet the guy when we delivered his game. Lol!!! Far beyond that... he cares a ton about this and is all over every aspect.

Thanks! See you guys at Pinball Life all day Friday for the AMH #150 charity auction with Svengoolie, and we'll be at Expo all day Saturday walking around & speaking at noon.

#1312 8 years ago

Well after getting the first good nights sleep I've had in 2 weeks and walking around like a zombie at Expo trying to keep myself together yesterday, it sure is fun to wake up to a bunch of people freaking out over something that isn't gonna happen.

There will be 300 Rob Zombie games. Period. Do I hate thinking we could have sold more and grown our little company a little further? Yep... a little. But my word is my word, the contract is for 300, and that's double the number of games we made / sold on the first game. Once we figure out how to build 300, we'll build bigger numbers if the demand exists on whatever game #3 is.

Until we show it, take the deposit, and ship the games... nothing is officially "sold out". We'll go down the customer list in order. Some of you will hate it, start a thread in here about why it sucks and how it could have been so much better, and not buy the game. Others will see it, like it, buy it, and be happy they did. Personally I'd rather see people who like the theme & game play buy it so I don't have to hear about how something I've killed myself to make and care a lot about, is the worst thing ever put together by man.

We don't do everything right... we never will. I'm not going to screw you out of your money. You buy a game from us, you'll get it... and I don't want to make you wait years to do so. We're making lots of improvements in build quality on this, and putting up a new shop to get production moving quicker. These are all huge risks for my family, and we're not going to pre-sell kickstart crowd fund a damn dime of it. We do it by building games and working hard or we don't do it at all.

I'm going over to the Greg Freres appreciation thread... that's MUCH more interesting to me.

2 weeks later
#1433 8 years ago

OMG.... really Joe?! Lol!!!

1 week later
#1445 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

unless dominoes pizza just kicked RZ out of priority?

Not even slightly the case. NOTHING gets priority over RZ getting done.

I appreciate everyone's patience... it's all down to the playfield art. I saw it yesterday again, and we're almost there. Once that's done, you'll see it... full game, production ready. Crazy concept I know.

#1467 8 years ago

Wow... way to let the cat out of the bag Heck!

Just down to physically cutting / printing / installing the playfield, and part of that is happening right now. All art files are set up and ready. Cutting the plastics today, and all the custom / final metal walked in the door 2 hours ago.

All shall be revealed soon.

2 weeks later
#1593 8 years ago

What KT said... Mr. Danger will be over as soon as we have the new shop set up to have some fun. Right now, the old shop is a gigantic overflowing chaotic messy mess, and that's its good points! It's like worse than my kids rooms or the back of Ben's old guy Ford station wagon.

And you um, might wanna check the Spooky Pinball Facebook page each day this week. Showtime.gifShowtime.gif

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

More info soon! Yes the livestream is in January, but the reveal is a lot sooner than that, I hear!

What did Ben hear? Sooner than January? A lot sooner? Well how soon could "a lot sooner" be? Why... that could mean December 31st or the day after tomorrow for all we know... come on Heck, WHEN?!

#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

73 seconds by my rough estimate

About a minute and a half...

There will be other inf... oh wait, can't talk about it all yet! Lol...

The demand is going to pass the supply quick... and I wish we could magically grow to keep everyone happy, but we'd rather do this right than overreach as a company and have issues later. Plus, I don't want anyone waiting years to get their game!

Doing our best... and clearly some people are going to pass and we'll move down the list to the next person. Not a thing wrong with that... I'd much rather see it in the hands of those who will enjoy the game for the quirky piece of fun it is, than hear about how it's not another fan layout and people regretting their purchase.

All good... excited, nervous, and getting back to work. TONS TO DO!!! And the floor of our new shop is officially poured and I think I can set my desk on it now. Woo hoo!!!

#1681 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If you are on the fence about a 6k toy, spend a few hundred bucks on a plane ticket and make your way to Benton.

Door is open!

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They have a 3 year contract to get them done in (which already started) - but I think Charlie mentioned they were going to ramp up speed producing RZ so it won't take that long.

Goal is all 300 in 18 months... or less. Tall order, but we'll try hard.

#1706 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are the games being built and shipped in the order that people signed up? And if so, is there a way to know your #?

Yes, and yes. Official details to come tomorrow... if KT survives the onslaught.

#1781 8 years ago

Before this goes ape s**t, and yes... I'm a nervous wreck today, I'm going to give my one and only PS gameplay explanation. Jack Danger will be in our shop on Jan. 15th and we'll explain it fully then and along the way on our podcast.

Yes, this is at first glance VERY similar to what the original game was intended to be... it starts with 3 fast flow / control shots and opens quickly (if you don't suck) to 5 flow shots. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! It's still chaotic and random if you lose control of the ball, as I intended. There is now an auto-launch, up to 7 ball multi, with the physical ball lock gone so we can feed fast multiball action, and a hell of a lot of insanity in this configuration. Can't talk about all of what we changed / added yet... but it's far more than it appears.

I'm tired of fan layouts... it came out better than I hoped, is super hard to beat, has way more coils than AMH, and the build quality is more reliable and better all around. She's loud, vulgar (out of family mode), and bad ass fast & evil.

If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me. Either people DO want something different game play wise, or they think they do and really don't. Time will tell. Again, if you are on the list and it doesn't look like it appeals to you... please, pass it to someone who will enjoy what it is and let it go down the list... which is VERY long.

Either way, we did our best to make this something really cool. It was an absolute dream theme for me, and I hope we did it justice.

Peace, love, and pinball people... it's only pinball.

Charlie

#1801 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can you clarify now(and likely save yourself and KT 500 e-mails and calls), will you all send out an e-mail to those of us with a pre-order and if so when

Yes, and TODAY!!!

#1892 8 years ago

I'm breathing again... be patient on the emails guys, Kayte is here and FREAKING OUT TRYING TO KEEP UP!!!

Thanks for the kind words... I don't expect everyone to love it, but I think enough of you will.

100_3671.jpg100_3671.jpg

#1945 8 years ago

KT has had a few emails bounce back as undelivered... don't panic, we'll hold those spots until we find you. I'll update that later.

And we appreciate the PayPal friends & family / gift thing, but DON'T do that! Heather the hot accountant will kick our ass... if you want to help in that regard, just tell KT and mail a check.

#1947 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone photoshop the game's title onto the side of the cabinet? Curious as to why they left it off...

It's on there 3 times, and we didn't wanna cover it up... too awesome!!!

#1959 8 years ago

Kayte did reply back after deposit sent, but she did not provide my game# as the flyer states. No worries at this point though, just excited!

Update when she can breathe.... hang tight!

#1996 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Anyone know if the $1,000 deposit is refundable?

DO NOT BUY IN IF YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO HOLD A SPOT... buy it because you want it. Period. If you aren't sure, skip it and let the next guy on the list in.

#2010 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Gameplay would be awesome. Just saying.

We're trying... just flat ran out of time getting approvals and everything else together.

Trust me, I'd love to show the madness in my mind putting this together. We'll work it in asap.

#2033 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

odds are you'll get your game

I'd say your odds are fantastic... Our new shop address is 184 Ridge Ave. in Benton, WI. We aren't hiding in a basement or a closed shop with a phone book sized NDA you have to sign to get in.

This is no different than many Stern LE's that sell out fast... it's all taking a chance. Really, if you have any hesitations... pass. My guess is in 10 days or less, it's probably all gonna be a mute point anyway.

We aren't perfect, we're doing our best to be up front and honest with everything we do.

#2045 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I can't remember, but is the Le just the translite and a numbered LE plaque?

Backglass, armor, side rails, & powdercoat are different... here's flat honesty, we didn't show the rails because they aren't done yet!

LE's are gone. KT has spoken.

Kevin... you're on the list!!! Hang in there man, and don't stress... got ya' covered. Poor gal is still trying to eat the lunch that's been sitting on her desk for 2 hours.

I will work on a quick and not very polished game play video on Monday... post it either Monday night or Tuesday. Right now, trying to pack up some AMH's for customers.

#2053 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....but where's MY email??

Some emails did bounce back... if anyone has a reply from KT from whenever confirming a spot, and didn't get the info this morning, forward what you have to me and I'll help. She's doing all she can.

TO BE CLEAR... if you emailed her a month ago, you aren't getting the sales info until about 402 other people pass on the game.

[email protected]

#2055 8 years ago

Bryan Kelly is on his way to your house with a dead carp and a sharp stick. Don't even ask what the dead carp is for...

#2067 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does this count? (I hope)

She's 9 emails away from you... Lol! Hang on... patience... doing what we can.

#2084 8 years ago

I had to file a dispute with YouTube... the video was blocked in different areas because of the music. It's an automatic thing I guess.

Should be resolved quickly (we hope). I mean, do they really think a pinball company would try to get away with copyrighted... oh never mind.

#2085 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Where's the red hot "Kitty" liquor plastic?

It comes in 2 flavors (not tutti f**king frutti) the real version, and the kitty version... and both are included in the goodie bag. Actual shot is the right orbit.

#2095 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I'm hoping that Alex Horley will be making the pinball Expo rounds selling art. Had a great time with Donnie at TPF and Houston Expo following Metallica. I would love to be able to get some prints of Alex's stuff.

Working on that!!! Would love to get him to MGC so he can cross over with the gaming (Magic the Gathering / World of Warcraft) and now... pinball crowds.

#2099 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

did you guys shoot this thing on an iPhone?

Just an old Kodak digital camera I got about 10 years ago... what's an iPhone?!

#2101 8 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

So Pinball Side Mirrors fit on a Spooky cabinet?

Marty Roberts makes them... so, yup!

#2112 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only just realised that the upper right corner is an upper PF. Im a big fan of upper PF's but this one looks really sparse. Is that final?

It's odd... we tried that area in a whole lot of configurations. Lane guides just kept feeding the flipper and it was way too damn easy. Posts here and there made it to hard to complete the lanes and open the Spaulding gate shot.

So out of frustration, I stripped it completely off... put 1 post like you see now with zero intent of leaving it that way. Played it for giggles, and suddenly, it was fun. Feed to the flipper is consistent if you hit solid shots, but you can also backhand those lanes which is good for you, AND can be bad. Nudging became important up there for the 1st time.

I beat myself up over it 100 times and left it knowing full well it was gonna get pointed out today. But, the more ya' play it, it just feels right.

#2114 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

is there a chance when the owner gets the game and switches it to "adult mode" there could be a feature where "adult mode" comes on automatically at a certain time the owner seems fit (expl. 10pm to 4am)? Thanks for any response.

I suppose with code, all things of this nature are possible. I'll leave that to Mr. Fawzma.

#2115 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Go home. Enjoy the night with the family. You've earned it!!!

Got a customer picking up an AMH at 8:30... pinball is hard.

You know, I think I've offered you a job as our QC inspector. If you lived here, we could be drinking beer right now and playing this game!

#2123 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in playfield roll over would be sweet!
Did you try those?

I absolutely hate installing them... real pain to get consistent in production.

#2158 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Charlie you can tell KT I am giving up my spot. So move it down the line. Later fellas

Please email and let her know... I don't know real names vs Pinside names / emails / etc.

And thanks for letting others have a chance!

#2159 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

but I remember that the skill shot was you had to bounce it from one pop to the next to the third. It was an amazingly creative

It's the left UPPER sling, to the right UPPER sling, to any of the pops... lights extra ball immediately if you pull it off, and it's harder than hell to hit. Still there... no way I was taking that out.

Plus it destroys the Robot!

#2161 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I have not received my AMH yet

There's a bunch in final testing now, and ALL AMH's will be out the door by the end of January... then we switch to RZ.

#2167 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

right orbit takes the ball to the upper playfield, where does the left orbit shot go?

Right returns to the left flipper, left goes to upper playfield... or does it?!

#2218 8 years ago

Morning ya'll... and Chris, be careful getting AMH down the steps today! I got home after 11 last night, don't envy the drive home you had... glad you enjoyed playing RZ! Had a blast, and sorry I came back and got ya' on that last game.

KT is still getting caught up. She had emails fairly up to speed by the time she crashed late last night, but she's sorting through like 50 more right now.

Check those spam filters and any odd email addresses if you know you should have heard from us!!!

Go listen to Nate's podcast... I might have answered a lot of gameplay questions there. We'll shot a not very edited gameplay video first chance we get on Monday and hopefully post Monday night / Tuesday morning to help those on the fence.

Thanks, gotta fly!

#2264 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To be blunt, it's really heartbreaking how much I can't get into it. And I think about how much time must have been spent doing two translites, for only 300 games, and then I see the playfield and it depresses me.

You have no idea how depressed I am and heartbroken... that a pinball machine is capable of leaving you heartbroken, and depressed.

I get it man... you're not thrilled. Don't buy it, it's only a toy you play in your free time. It it's not for you, that's perfectly fine... stop thinking about how sad you are, close the Pinside window, and do something productive that makes you happy.

#2637 8 years ago

Ok... after a day fairly out of email / Pinside range, just getting caught up. No idea how 1 Sunday off costs me like 2 days worth of work, but it does!

Reading some of this... is making me dizzy, so I'm just going to stop. ART: Rob said what he wanted, where he wanted it, and Alex did a beautiful job. This was Alex's first ever pinball machine, and I think that makes what he did even more impressive! It's all done & approved, end of story. Personally I don't think you need to cover every square inch with something just to say you did. I like the clean classic look, but that's just my opinion which means and is worth absolutely nothing. All art is subjective. It's like debating if 1 song is better than another, or if NY or Chicago has the best pizza. We all like what we like.

Trying hard to answer all emails, keep AMH moving, and unloading trucks full of building materials this morning. The parking lot looks like a war zone and we need to get it going on the slab so trucks can still get in & out.

I'll shoot the gameplay video asap but it will be either late tonight or early tomorrow before I get it uploaded... still got a few jobs I HAVE to get done.

Peace, love, and pinball men. Carry on.

100_3674.jpg100_3674.jpg

#2730 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Anyone who purchases this is taking a risk.

Clearly Dan is buttering me up to get us back to MGC and sponsor stuff (like we'd ever miss it anyway!)

Video is almost done... not great, but I think it gets the point across. Try playing a game of pinball 3 feet back with a camera between you and the game some time. It suuuuuccckkkkssss!!!!!

Post a link asap. Argue happily among yourselves in the meantime.

#2737 8 years ago

Here you be fine pinball people... more fuel for discussion. I kept the vast majority of "adult" stuff out of this one, but there is one video clip you may or may not have heard about I'm sure will stir things up. It's bound to be considered the best or worst in the history of pinball!

Really... it's gross, and if you are offended (or cringe a lot), I don't blame you.

Doesn't show a ton of the gameplay, but a few of the cool features / modes. We'll leave the professional set up & video to Jack Danger on Dead Flip, Jan. 15th live from the new Spooky Pinball LLC world HQ!

#2750 8 years ago

6 main modes, 4 sub modes, killer cards to collect, video mode, Hell Bound wizard mode that I'm not going to talk about until someone FULLY beats it, and several other surprises in the mode / subs category.

All modes are in but a couple aren't fully coded yet. It will be a damn hard game to beat. Closest I've come is 3 of 6 mains, and 2 subs.

#2754 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

One concern that comes to mind, though, is that House of 1000 Corpses won't be particularlly good for tournaments

We can turn off steals / extra balls / random awards for tourney. Ben did the same thing in AMH.

#2762 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How many of the modes include or reward multiball?

Let's see... Living Dead Girl & What? are 2 ball multi. Superbeast is 5. American Witch I haven't beat in forever.. Lol! House of 1,000 Corpses is 7. Hellbound is... Hellbound. Etc Etc...

Not everything is instant multi, but most are hard to beat and we do reward you... plus it's damn fun in this configuration throwing them out there!

#2771 8 years ago

I just made the upper playfield look easy. And I was showing the easiest thing to do up there as well.

One thing I learned is yeah... upper playfields are cool, but it's hard to make them real entertaining. I think with the code & configuration / sweeping gate shot... it's better than most.

Glad you guys are digging it anyway! Yep... she's a different animal. Said it before, I'm not Steve Ritchie, and there's no way I can match what he does in a game for flow, so ya' go your own way and hope people like it.

#2777 8 years ago

Got home very late last night, long day today... up early tomorrow. I think we've done what we can to show you how the game is, and I hope you like it. Totally understand it's not for everyone, nor was it meant to be.

We'll open up a few spots as people pass (less than 10 of 300 so far have verbally said they are) and more on Friday afternoon. We've already had a pile of them spoken for... time will tell when it's officially "sold out". We could have just opened it all in one day and had them gone fast... glad we didn't. We know it's a big investment, and do our best to "get it out there".

Been a wild ride the last few years... I know it gets tense in here, but I get it... ya'll love this stuff like we do. And I swear... spinners will be coming to Spooky Pinball!

Thanks everyone! I'll dip in every once in a while but got a crazy week ahead. Be nice to each other... it's only pinball.

#2780 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't imagine many people are obsessively following this thread they way we are.

NOBODY is following it the way YOU are.

Fist bump dude... I know you get how hard this s**t is to do.

#2957 8 years ago

Well glad to see people thinking rules and not ripping each other anyway! Spinners will be coming in future games... just not an option right now. Trust me, we tried. Someone mentioned drop targets on the upper playfield.. there are 3 lanes under the upper playfield, no where for the mechs to go. It's more fun and tougher than it looks. Is what it is, and I hope you like it.

Someone else mentioned "even Rob says there's nothing in this game"... ummm sorry, but he was referring to the blank whitewood he was looking at, and nothing else.

Corpses will have a few options... stealing them from other players, instant multipliers in single player games, or bonus multipliers to help get to 1,000 quicker. Bonus jackpot will by X the number of balls left when you hit 1,000... we'll mess with it, and get it right. On a single good ball, I can rack up 400 or more pretty quick as it is. It needs to be a hard event to gather, but yeah... certainly don't want it to be impossible.

And yes, spotlights will be added to the game. It needs them!

Back to work... cleaning out the 8 billion things piled up in the hall so we can roll out 11 more AMH's this week, and get a clear path to move the whole shop across the parking lot in a few more weeks.

#3004 8 years ago

Last info before tomorrow... haven't read any of this, so hope it helps.

Mr. Fawzma was in the shop all day working on code, and we're adding 3 more inserts for 2X, 5X, and 10X above the tombstone... won't happen until production.

We've had a few more pass tonight, which is fantastic (sounds weird to say). But hey, we'd rather hear a "no thanks" than nothing at all, and it opens up a few more guaranteed spots for those past the 300 mark tomorrow.

Well over 2/3rds of the games are spoken for at this time... and we're VERY surprised by that, and incredibly grateful.

Thank you all so much for the faith in us. Off to bed, lots to do tomorrow.

#3213 8 years ago

75 - Chris, 76 - Kurt, 77 - John, 78 - Tom, 79 - Joe, 80 - John

#3217 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Amended: 75 - Tom, 76 - Tom, 77 - Tom, 78 - Tom, 79 - Tom, 80 - Tom

We like Tom.... we don't like him THAT much! Even if KT did try to swap Bug's braces for Tom's game.

By the way, that offer still stands!!!

#3224 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will take that deal....as long as Bug doesn't mind having his braces done by a mailman.

Lol... eh, we do request an actual dentist / orthodontist. We have 300 games but only 1 son.

#3309 8 years ago

10 Rob Zombie games left... KT is being very careful as we near the end, making sure we don't have a mix up when she sends out emails.

#300 we haven't decided on yet. We'll do something charity based again to make a happy finish to an awesome time for us!

Go have a fantastic holiday season everyone... what a great year it's been!

1 week later
#3534 8 years ago

Was a lot of fun having a group of guys (and gal) play the game today... and everyone smiling, laughing, and enjoying what we've worked so hard to make as good as we can sure makes me feel better!

You never know what people will think until it's out there. I'm just glad people are giving a non fan layout a fair shake and enjoying it for what it was intended to be.

New shop is coming along fairly well considering the weather, and I just can't wait to get in there and get set up. With a little luck, January will be our last month in the ol' rental space. Onward and upward in 2016!!!

#3600 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Unexplained Paypal refund from Spooky. Awesome...

Check your spam filter, and if you have any questions, [email protected] will get you taken care of. Emails regarding this change went out last week.

We will no longer be using PayPal to process any game sales... everything will go via our own merchant account. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience!

#3710 8 years ago

Greetings Pinside.

Ya'll have been so nice and receptive to Mr. Fawzma... that as of today, he is now the FULL TIME PROGRAMMER AT SPOOKY PINBALL LLC!!! Like he gave notice to his day job, and took a career in pinball. Who does that?! Clearly he's crazy.

Can't even begin to describe what a HUGE step this is for our company (and hopefully David too).

Fawzma_(resized).jpgFawzma_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#4481 8 years ago

We're calling this... the Tommy Skinner Texas evaluation super air ball fix included free with every game mod. We also added a clear plastic on the other side of the robot to eliminate the one and only crazy air ball trap we saw in Texas.

We could dial the flippers back, but hell... who doesn't like snappy flippers? Fawzma will tweak code for MGC, we'll give it another trial by fire up there, and as soon as we get back and feel the code is peachy stable, off they go that week!

100_3935_(resized).JPG100_3935_(resized).JPG

#4482 8 years ago

Ooops... glitch and double post.

Thanks for the patience everyone! We're building as fast as we can... first and foremost, we wanted to get our build quality up. Try that while making AMH, building a new shop, hiring, training, moving, designing, setting up RZ production, and letting the dog out once in a while. It gets to be a bit of a handful.

See ya'll at MGC!!!

#4485 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So are we to infer that the first games are shipping sometime April?

As long as boards are in house, games WILL ship in April. We've got them piling up right now in the new Spooky world HQ.

3 weeks later
#4611 7 years ago

Hey guys... just to be clear, the games will all ship with LED's, which are the standard frosted white & red Ablaze lighting in the GI, and white Ablaze in the inserts. The upgrade kit is full Ghost Buster Premiums in the inserts (color matched), and the "f'n brights" in the GI. There are 4 individual chains of GI in the Rob Zombie game, so that's a whole lot of lights & wires.

We did a lot to improve the lighting from AMH to RZ. Let's be honest... we needed to! We improved a ton of stuff in this game, and soon you'll all see that.

Thanks for the patience and understanding! I should have been a bit more clear on this before KT sent out the emails... my bad.

#4639 7 years ago

Wow... ok, here's the deal. The light up toys Matt has a ton of time & effort into. They require a completely different mold / assembly / wiring... the odds of anyone adding LED's to the standard sculpt toys without destroying them is slim, depending on your skill level of course. It's not as simple as "adding an LED" by any means.

You can always buy and add the light up toys later at your own discretion and have both sets of toys. Flat out, the Robot will be tricky to install. There's a lot going on in that pop bumper assembly to put it in place correctly, but I'm sure most of you can handle it.

At $200... you're saving a few bucks on the aftermarket price, and getting the officially licensed mods installed by us with no risk to you. We damage something on install, it gets fixed / replaced by us before you ever see it. The standard toys are not included.

If this isn't something you want or seems like a bad deal to you, then please... just skip it. We understand. Your game will ship as advertised with the standard toys.

2 weeks later
#4779 7 years ago

Morning pinball dudes.

Yeah... somehow someway Trevor's Robot got spun the wrong direction in shipping, so he was 180 degrees off. We're going to add more packing to games so he can't spin in shipping. Just one of those things you don't learn until you do. We've hauled RZ thousands of miles and had no issues. Then again, we're not tossing the show game in the back of a big ol' semi. We'll shoot a video ASAP on how to install the Robot. Yes, it is a pain to install.

As for "just drilling and adding LED's"... not even remotely the case when you see what Matt has done to make this all work. It's far more complex than it appears, but hey... we all have different skill levels, so do whatever you think is best at your own toy risk.

Display and volume are always under the mercy of show lighting and volume. Short of setting up a giant P.A. system, audio is never good at shows.

The ball can occasionally get caught behind the drop target... small nudge always clears it. We did 500 games at MGC and never once had to take the glass off (which is a minor miracle).

CHOP save is only good for a few seconds... so use it wisely! You'll see what I mean when more games get out there and people spend time on it. I've still personally never beat more than 3 modes.

#4785 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

These are officially loved and approved by Spooky

Yep... that Doug guy does some damn fine work! High five.... and LIONMAN!!!!

1 week later
#4884 7 years ago

Here's a clear case of never going to make everyone happy.

ALL games will have a real backglass. You can't buy an LE translite and have your game suddenly be an LE. We spent thousands on getting that extra art made... the custom cut / powder coated metal side rails and printed backglass will NEVER be sold. Period. To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down... and you STILL won't have an LE.

If this isn't to your liking... sorry. We did our best.

#4887 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Charlie, would you take the original translite arts and make high-res posters for selling?

We can't do that.

2 weeks later
#5089 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when the physical mechanisims combine to the point where skill is so small, that is luck.

Is there any chance at all that you might be over thinking something like this? I've hit the skill shot half a dozen times. I can hit the first goal (upper left sling) about 1 in 10. It's a skill shot... with a little luck.

Let's look at it this way... the odds of that one sperm in millions hitting the egg, and ending up as Hilton (or any of us) is PURE LUCK. That doesn't mean that we can't enjoy life right? That doesn't make living and playing pinball any less fun does it?.

Oh, I'm about to walk over and final test your game Hilton. Feel free to come pick it up whenever!

#5125 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

How is "retro and 8-bit sounding" fit perfectly with the rest of the game and theme? It's really the transition into the mode that seems most awkward to me. You go from adrenaline action to awkward 8-10 seconds of relative quiet and no lights.

Because we can't get hi-def images on our display... so Ben Heck made the video mode look like a retro NES game. David & David put the effects and Dragula (8-bit version) music together... personally, when I saw it (I had no idea how it was going to be) I freakin' loved the Dragula NES sound! Ben did an awesome job on that mode, because Ben is awesome like that.

Game #36 is done and in the box for those keeping score. 5 more games from #24 to #31 are on the dock waiting for today's truck. The rest of the 50 LE's are on stands in final testing.

100_4413_(resized).JPG100_4413_(resized).JPG

100_4412_(resized).JPG100_4412_(resized).JPG

100_4411_(resized).JPG100_4411_(resized).JPG

#5129 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Do you get a TFTC playfield with every order? I see a really nice one in the lower left corner of that pic.

Lol... no. But I do hope to see my son put that thing back together so we can play it again someday!!! Where's Bryan Kelly?! Get yer a** down here and help Bug out old dude!

1 week later
#5224 7 years ago

Nothing like physically and mentally killing yourself to see false info and speculation on Pinside... makes a guy feel GREAT!

If you TELL us the game is going on location and you'd like a bill acceptor door... we can help do that. It makes zero sense for a company our size to spend major amounts of money on coin doors and mechs when 90% of them are never going to be used in that way. We even changed the shape of the playfields to accommodate this on RZ.

You CAN fit a coin box in our games... all of them. It will slide under the amp, or worst case if your coin box is super tall, just slide the amp over... it's 2 screws. We have 2 location Spooky games... they both have coin boxes in them.

The Spaulding toy needs a callout in the test menu to save confusion... but it's working EXACTLY as it should. Play "What" mode and you'll see what I mean... he's not making constant noises... but Fawzma will add some snarky Spaulding comments for just casual bashes soon. Remember... in most modes that upper playfield is there to increase jackpot values, not battle Spaulding over and over.

Mr. M. ... what "ball hanging up at the bend in ramp" are you referring to? Do you mean the VUK tube? Please contact me directly so I can HELP you figure it out... I don't come to Pinside on a daily basis to see what Hilton's opinion on everything is or who's having an issue. Need help? ASK me...

Hilton... it's REALLY short sighted of you to think you know everything... the loudest voice in the room is rarely the smartest. Come work here for a few months and see how hard this all is. Then I'll hop on the internet and tell everyone how bad a job you did and expect you to be my friend after... maybe even ask you for discounts and ask if I can avoid paying you sales tax. We appreciate the support you've given us, but come on man... talk to us like humans on and off line, and try taking your personality down a notch or two now instead of waiting until you're older and mellowing with age like we all do.

Our build quality has been increased across the board from AMH to RZ. Yes, we have more improvements to make and we know this... and we will get there. If you guys seriously want to keep the open communication lines between Spooky and Pinside going, try not bashing us like a pinata... we WANT constructive advice and welcome it openly. Alternative is we just work hard and never come here like all the other companies do.

Yeah... I know I need thicker skin.

#5232 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not worth it. Feedback is not wanted.
Spooky is amazing and everything is perfect!

Hilton... you are a genuinely nice guy in person. And yes, we WANT feedback. Talk to us on Pinside like you do when I'm standing in front of you is all I'm asking. Constantly spewing opinions of every minor detail on every game ever made just becomes a wall of noise... be it good or bad input. You have a lot of good ideas. Nobody is perfect, no game is perfect, no company is perfect. We're busting our collective asses every single day to get better at this. It's a game to the rest of the world, but to us... it's my families entire future. I'm going to take things personally.

We're here for the long haul... might as well be civil to each other.

#5242 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

FYI, I've had this issue as well - there is a flat spot in the back of the orbit so the ball gets stuck sometimes. As far as the other stick I reference below I haven't figured out that one yet.

Grab a photo if you can next time it happens and email so I know for sure what it is... we kept the rails at 15 degrees (thanks Dennis!) and really just haven't seen that.

Had a couple hang ups in the "secret passage" that comes out to the right of the right most pop at the show in Atlanta... but it was a switch sitting just a tick high. Little hip check knocked it out.

[email protected]

#5261 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my apologies chuck.
I want the best for you, your family, and your business.

Hey... no worries Hilton. You are a genuinely good guy off here in person, and you do a lot of good in the community. I don't mind that you post on line about what you like or don't. I can take a "hey... maybe Spooky could make this better" every day of the week. We do listen... maybe we can't get every request, but we do our best to be user friendly. Take your lovely wife out to dinner and forget about pinball for a few hours. A wise man from up north (clearly NOT Bryan Kelly) tells me these things are important, and he's RIGHT.

And Banger Jay... you are one sexy bitch. Love you too you throbbing hunk of man love! Was that too far?!

What happened to Aurich?! Lol... he's the total voice of reason now. Much respect sir! You're in this soup now... and I KNOW you understand how tough this is.

#5269 7 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

RZ is being operated in an arcade, not a remote location, so I can keep an eye on it and make repairs/tweaks when necessary.

Appreciate that sir! We learn tons from folks operating our games and get regular reports to help us improve basically everything. We need that.

I just had no idea that Hilton's game was going to you or going to be in an arcade anywhere... if we had a heads up, we could have gotten you the coin mechs & cash box. You've got the 2nd RZ route game that we are aware of. Yep, we did have a coin mech wire issue that has since been corrected thanks to report we got back from your game... we're human, it happens.

Pinball in the wild is a great thing!

#5271 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That Rob is a swell dude!

Nice man! And I totally agree... Rob IS AWESOME! Although I personally think Taro is the brains behind that operation.

Email me if you need anything in regards to the door on #54 Hilton. Chris from Kingpin is helping us sort out validator wiring for the various types (and there are LOTS).

1 month later
#5646 7 years ago

Yeah... we need to dig a little deeper in the code before we release more updates. We know the fuse issue is related to "Infection" mode / PWM. In my defense, I almost understood some of what Ben is saying! Lol...

Talked to Terry at Pinball Life over the weekend, and he's going to stock all our fuses asap to make this easier.

Sorry for the issues! At least they're all things we can address.

#5649 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Curious, is there any RGB insert or GI lighting in Rob Zombie? What's the lighting like?

All standard LED's in the GI and inserts... with RGB strips in the backbox and over the back of the playfield.

Thanks Hilton! We do our best man. Last thing I want is to show up anywhere with people mad at me.

1 month later
#5937 7 years ago

We've already corrected the ramps screws... if anyone needs longer ramps screws, email KT and we'll get them out to you. It wasn't a huge issue, but yeah... some did work loose.

Ball hang ups in the inner orbit tend to happen on the switch. The rail is angled at 15 degrees, so that shouldn't be an issue (but can be if that switch is a tick high). Simple adjustments go a long way.

GI... we've got 38 lamps in there, and if the premiums are used they are the "f'n brights" that are 4 SMD LED's... plus 2 of those are spots under the apron shining up the playfield. It's just dark art... it's what was requested by the license, so we did what we could to illuminate.

Build quality is MUCH better in RZ from AMH... and we'll continue to get better.

#5940 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for always listening and improving Chuck!

Do our best Hilton! We're only 2 games into this career... and I know we can and will do better! All part of the growing process.

#5960 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My plan tomorrow is to revert to v11 and see if the problem goes away.

Don't... Bug (our son and now aptly named code bug squasher) found this... Fawzma has already fixed it and we'll update soon.

2 weeks later
#6167 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yea, I freaking give up. Now it's giving me a missing ball issue as well.

Problem hunted down, and shot like a deer anywhere near this village in about 2 weeks. (not by me... I only kill cheeseburgers and beer with Heck or Kelly).

#6169 7 years ago

I love pinball. Nothing to see here... oh look, the next Spooky game layout is 1/5 of the way to being a real game... sitting right between Rob Zombie and Domino's!

#6177 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this a contract game (like dominos) or the real Spooky #3 game?

Spooky Pinball official house game #3...

Let's just toss this out right away. We are throwing the kitchen sink at this one, rolling RZ money into more talent and expanding the building, moving the number up to 500 units, and the price will be $6250. No LE's... just 500 bad ass awesome games. Might be an alternate backglass available to all, but that remains to be determined.

Not gonna say another word until it's ready to show and announce officially (gonna be several months). Hate to raise the price at all, but trust me... that $250 is ALL going towards cool interactive toys and the engineering it takes to make our games better.

We're waaay beyond the 1/3rd mark on Rob Zombie shipped and getting faster all the time. We want to have the best games we can possibly make, and do what we can to keep them affordable... pinball is crazy expensive any way you slice it.

Speculate away...

#6182 7 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Bug seemed to think it was a good idea when I suggested it on the Dominos Twitch Stream. Aka Confirmed!

Right you are Kenny! Now on to our next contestant... he's a dentist for the adult film industry, because we all know a porn star with a chipped tooth can shorten 2 careers.

#6191 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've sent my application and video in already. Hopefully I'm allowed to buy one.
Oh wait.....this is Spooky Pinball.

No application required for you Bryan... you've already left enough DNA all over Benton to cover any info we might have needed to sell you anything.

If you want to be added to the sales list, as always... just email: [email protected]

Everyone that has bought a game from us in the past is automatically included and will be notified when done. You'll see it before you give us a dime, and we'll keep the drama to a minimum once we launch.

Again, not gonna be for a while so don't stress... we're just working on the layout now to time it towards the end of Rob Zombie (as ya' do in pinball).

2 months later
#6783 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I later looked at the voltage across the tilt bob with an oscilloscope. This is a 3.3V signal that is grounded when the tilt bob hits the ring. When the game is in operation there was a lot of noise. In my game the cables for the tilt bob were routed (and in some areas tightly bound to) the same wires that were carrying high voltage to the solenoids.

As soon as you made me aware of this... we made the running change in production. Then I think I (or at least should have) asked if you were moving to Benton?! Seriously... VERY smart catch, and silly of us to have done in the first place.

We literally learn something here every single day, and much of it comes from people taking the time to email and ask questions or point things out. I NEVER take offense to those suggestions.

Here's how I see things... AMH was good, and we're all proud it made it out, but man... starting from nothing in basically every aspect (but working CONSTANTLY) was tough. Ben's code work REALLY made that game special, because he's Ben Heck and he's a bad ass creative guy. Rob Zombie build quality is MUCH better, but of course we still have things to learn. The contract mfg gigs have given us the ability to improve & hire even more, and by the time Spooky game #3 is announced... we're out of excuses and better be spot on.

We'll keep busting our a**es to make sure it is... and I appreciate everyone's patience while we grow. We won't walk away from problems, we'll polish code until it's right, we support everyone that has an issue, and we WILL make this the best small pinball company we possibly can.

Thanks guys... go play some games and have an awesome weekend! I'm back on CAD files for... I can't say yet.

#6788 7 years ago

spookycharlie at what game# going forward was the fix implemented? Thanks!

Best guess is mid 150's... minions work four, 10 hour days or I'd ask the floor manager (not here today).

Also, Fawzma has a better code fix for the VUK power control... we finally whined enough that 4 was weak and 5 was too fast that he caved and gave us 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, etc. It will be released on the next update (no, I don't have a date). But yes, keep in mind RZ has LOTS of code, audio, etc etc I want to see in there yet. Sid & Rob both have lots of lines we haven't used.

All in due time. Just hang in there... AMH only got its final code revision a couple months ago.

#6790 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

it's not realistic to say mistakes will never happen

Oh absolutely sir... we're human and it will happen. I just mean we need to tighten up QC and get everything as right as it SHOULD be in that regard.

Trust me... when you see (insert name of next game here)... we aren't holding ANYTHING back! Every game gets a little more advanced in options from the last.

#6816 7 years ago

Here's the deal... while the sales list was a mile deep, many were RZ fans who aren't really pinball people. They tend to suffer from sticker shock when they hear what a game actually costs and pass fast.

The 2nd problem is we built faster than many expected. We've had finished games sitting in boxes for months while people come up with payments. No biggie, we deal with it. They are happy, we are happy. All good!

The biggest problem is KT emails and says "your game is ready" ... AFTER special order items are installed (LEDs, toy upgrades, shakers, knockers, etc) ... the customer suddenly doesn't want it. So, we can be nasty and point out that buying a game and making the deposit is in fact a binding contract, or just be nice, give them the deposit back, and try to find a person who actually wants the same mods & upgrades already in some of the games. That's not always easy.

We also had a rash of people early on who flipped games fast (many before taking delivery) for a big profit. It's their game, we said nothing... clearly not what we want to see happening, but is what it is.

Bottom line is BUY IT BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE GAME. If you aren't sure, wait... play it... don't just rush and jump in because you don't want to "miss out". AMH code wasn't the beast it is now until it went from rev 22 to rev 23. RZ code will be killer when it's complete! Tons more speech and other goodness still to come.

Our website has been very clear about how your deposit helps fund a small portion of your game build the day you make it... that's the truth. When a new shiny game gets released elsewhere and suddenly 20 people "have to back out" in 1 week WITH GAMES THAT ARE DONE OR ALMOST COMPLETE HERE, it hurts a very small company like ours. In fact, just a couple of years ago it would have ended our business. Yes, this did in fact happen. We dealt with it, issued every refund, and re-sold every game quickly. Hardships will ALWAYS be dealt with kindly and personally. We understand this is only pinball, and life comes first, but going forward DEPOSITS ARE GOING TO BE NON-REFUNDABLE! Every game IS a special order and built to suit the buyer. Please treat your buying decision with this in mind.

We're about 2/3rds of the way through the RZ build... KT might have 1 available as of right now. Email her if you'd like to be added to the sales list. [email protected]

We started from basically nothing... we don't take massive amounts of money in advance, and we've now delivered over 330 games in a pretty timely fashion. We aren't going anywhere, and we hope you don't either. Our best is yet to come!

Thanks for all the support... Charlie, KT, and all the Minions.

#6839 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Like I said, I understand. But I personally won't be plunking down $1K without getting to see and play it first. For those of us that may only do 1 or 2 shows a year, that might mean it's out for over a year before we get to see/play it.

Completely understand sir... this is why we upped the numbers a bit on the next game. I hope everyone gets to see & play it first... or at least see it and make an educated buying decision. Selling out quickly is great for business, but absolutely we'd rather see people who enjoy the game getting them vs "I bought it because it was rare and didn't want to miss out". All good problems to have, and we know that.

You know you can always come to the shop right Keith?! Hell, we've let Bryan Kelly and Hilton in here. I think we even gave them beer.

2 weeks later
#6976 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

I wonder how this works in this industry. If Spooky is aware that V016 of code could cause a coil to overheat and that is a potential fire hazard are they obligated to issue a recall notice immediately? Is a coil overheating even a fire hazard?

A coil will only get so hot before it becomes a short and pops the fuse... same as every game ever made basically. I can count on 1 hand the number of games I've owned over the years that DIDN'T fry at least 1 coil at some point. Seems to happen every other Halloween party at our place... and yep, mad scramble to do the "sniff shut down test" that Bemmett mentioned. Even worse when it's a magnet or a flasher that locks on. My buddy has a nice TZ with a big messed up pop bumper insert from the stuck flasher melting it.

We had a switch wire break on our location game on New Years eve, and found the issue by accident (couldn't see shooter lane sw, fried the coil, popped the fuse). I had Fawzma fix it as a precaution the same day.

We'll be using the same ball trough in our next game with a couple optos added so we can just take the shooter lane switch out of the ball trough logic.

4 weeks later
#7204 7 years ago

I haven't read any of this... but just to be clear.

Fawzma will polish up Domino's, and get Jetsons (much simpler rules) done... he's also tinkering with the glaring RZ code issues now.

But make no mistake... I was listening to Sid Haig audio while working on 50 other things last night, and there is a MOUNTAIN of call outs from both him AND Rob Zombie yet to be implemented.

As soon as things settle, Fawzma will hit RZ hard and really polish it up... tons of things to do, and I blame me. I'm the guy abusing the poor dude with 3 games to work on.

All in due time. Zombie isn't done by a long shot, and it will ROCK HARD before we ever call it "finished" ... which Ben Heck tells me no game code ever is.

3 weeks later
#7391 7 years ago

We've had some minor freight damage as anyone could expect... but NOTHING as bad as this in 4 years we've been in business. It looked like it fell off a truck, and the truck backed over it so see what the noise was.

And yes... we are willing to help get this right, but this is currently between the buyer and the seller (which wasn't us) to sort out.

#7414 7 years ago

That is the 2nd gen tougher Green Bay Packaging Company box... but I can tell the side is split and the TOP is crushed. How the top was crushed, no idea, but it appears to have taken a nasty hit or fall in the box.

Problem on our end is we sold 4 games to a private company... they arranged all the shipping themselves so I don't have any way of filing a claim on our end no matter where the damage occurred. This leaves it in the hands of the seller / buyer.

As I stated earlier, I am MORE than happy to help if they can find a solution on their end.

4 months later
#8606 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

used something other than windows (chromebook is the worse offender)
Didn't format or didn't format FAT32/32kb
Files were dragged from the zip folder to the card

What Fawzma said... we get emails every week on this, and it's always the same issues... see documentation attached, follow it exactly, and you won't have a problem.

Keep reporting those bugs to Fawzma, and we'll get them ironed out! No way we're stopping until this code is awesome... we know Hellbound and Infected modes need work, and I still want to see a little more polish in a few modes... All in due time, but we know how important all these details are to game owners and no way we want to let anyone who put faith in us down. We call this "staying in business". I'd leave infected off for now... I played non stop for hours yesterday with zero mode stopping issues this way. Came 3 modes shy of Hellbound once, by far the best I've done! Lol.

http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/PinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions.2.jpg

#8647 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

IF you start goober again, but beat it, everything will reset like it should. If someone can test that and let me know. I 'll get an updated PRG file for it to be tested.

I'll run out to the shop and test it now Mr. Fawzma. Report back in a bit... pinball is HARD!

We saw this VUK / Mode glitch yesterday but I've got a solid 40 games in after Fawzma fixed it, and haven't repeated it since.

#8653 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Start goober
but drain while still in goober mode.

That's exactly it... start Red Hot / G. Ober... drain before it's finished... have to go back and beat it to get VUK / Mode select back.

Sorry! My fault... I tested that a few times but um, kinda beat it each time (rare for me!). Bad time to start playing good???

#8654 6 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Download my code though a mac. Code loaded successful the first time I load it, but I'm I having problems with mode scoop and my dmd keeps freezing up on some scenes. Do I need to reload the code?

Read back through the last few pages... yep, that's bad code loading. Fawzma and Ben can explain it better than I.

#8655 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Fawzma and Charlie putting in work son! You guys are awesome! Keep the goodness coming!
#Spookyfanboy4life

Thanks for noticing! Yeah... we all spend a small mountain of time on EVERYTHING. Besides, I can pause El Rey network and not miss a minute of the 4 day KaiJuly Roarth Godzilla marathon, then skip the commercials. One of the benefits of having the shop 1 minute from the house.

#8683 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

It shows it missing a ball

Looks like your 1st position switch needs a tweak. [email protected] is always your best bet for answers.

Tested G. Ober here at the shop, and all good Fawzma! Update away... we'll let infected mode go until it's not a Sunday on a holiday weekend. Lol.

Higher resolution isn't going to happen on Rob Zombie... when we launched Rob Zombie, this was the 1st production game to ship with color dots (and we didn't increase the price a dime). Then 10 minutes later Stern went LCD and our victory was short lived.

We're upgrading the entire system to be HD for all games going forward, but it won't be backwards compatible.

#8684 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

After about 3 games on v20 the vuk fuse blew, anyone know where to get these fairly quickly in Canada? I don't have any of the 20mm on hand

Make absolutely sure you are using slow blow fuses... we've had several reports of people buying them off Amazon / Ebay and getting fast blow claiming to be slow blow.

Pinball Life stocks all our fuses... sorry, know that doesn't help ya' today sir.

#8688 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Scared to keep playing it right now, seems a lot of bugs need worked out. Played a handful of games without any problems that I noticed.

Have over 100 full games played on my machine in the last 2 weeks without a single fuse issue... Fawzma has about the same on his test game, no blown fuses. Play the game, I'm calling this a non code issue... and I hardly call what's been reported "a lot of bugs". The only mode stopping bug Fawzma has already repaired. Update and have fun!

Quoted from bman46:

Found the wire that's the culprit but what does it connect to and how do you reattach?

Goes to the non-banded side of the diode... switch matrix chart explaining this found here: http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#8692 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Can you give me the "For Dummies" explanation of this?

There's actually a drawing attached to the switch matrix chart I just emailed you... every switch has a diode. 1 end of the diode has a band printed on it, one end does not. The wire goes to the post on the end that does not have the band printed on it.

Look at every switch in your game, and you'll see what I mean.

#8765 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

at this point, you and spookycharlie should just engrave the update instructions on a plaque next to the board lol

And it would still get messed up. Ben Heck keeps telling me it will get easier soon. Compared to AMH, this is a piece of cake now! Lol.

Just glad everyone seems happy with the update, and as Fawzma said, we aren't done yet! The last RZ game will leave the shop VERY quickly (matter of days really) but we aren't calling this game done until it's as good as it can be.

Happy 4th everybody!

1 month later
#9012 6 years ago

With TnA going crazy, just wanted to leave a note... Kayte has been getting lots of side requests for Rob Zombie... on our end, the game is 100% sold out.

You may want to check with Joe at PinballSTAR. He may have a game left for anyone interested.

Back to work! Trying to keep up.

3 months later
#9460 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yikes! I don’t know if I’m excited or terrified.

Me either! Lol... I leave infected off. I've got about a 10% chance of beating this thing on my best pinball day as it is.

Seriously, this was a crazy team effort, but really proud of what Fawzma turned this game into. Not bad for a guy we stole from IBM who made a few phone games!

#9464 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

a few.. it was 12 to be exact

Yeah, but none of them were pinball so they aren't real games! Hahahaha!!!!

Sorry, kind of a 1 track mind here.

#9471 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

New code seems to work ok.

I played out of my a** today... and had 23 million! Lol... I gotta get more respectable at my own game!

#9481 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have left flipper fuse blow twice in just a. Few games on v22 back to 21 and no blow so far

Make sure you are using genuine 3 amp slow blows... Bug and I have more than 20 hours on 2 different games this week with zero fuse issues. Minions and I played 3 & 4 player games for hours last night after we bloated out on work day feast.

Check that EOS switch and anything else obvious too. Plus hey, Rotor Dave would have murdered 10 boxes of fuses with that score!

Quoted from davijc02:

I think Rotor Dave needs to get some video of himself working this machine over. I played for close to 2 hours last night and best I got was 17 mil

22 mil is my best with the glass on in the last 2 days.

#9504 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

wonder why some have code issues on v22 and some do not

So here's what I did this morning... fired up both RZ games in the shop. Beat both flippers at the same time like a 4 year old for about 10 minutes straight... no fuse pop. Put 1 game in "Infected" one game not. Taped the flippers stuck on for 30 minutes each... no fuse pop. Coils never even got warm. Spent the next couple hours just playing both games normally. No problems.

We're now a solid 30 hours at least on these games with zero fuse pops and been all the way though the games from start to Hell Bound. Beating modes, failing modes, multiple players, etc etc.

If you're blowing fuses, it's going to be the traditional (WPC era) things... either it's not a true 3 amp slow blow fuse, bad hold winding, bad end of stroke switch, or shorted coil. Remember, that fuse is NOT just the left flipper. It's also the left 2 pop bumpers and left 2 sling shots in that game.

#9527 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Boom! Only Red Hot to lite Hellbound.

Sweet baby Jebus!!!

I completed 3 modes today and thought I was doing well. Rock on Dave!!!

2 weeks later
#9598 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With latest software release enabling infected mode, just figured it out and it is way cool.

I leave "infected" off in my game... it's hard enough! Lol.

Sad part is it was my idea to screw with players on one mode. Then Fawzma ran with it and made it even more evil.

#9610 6 years ago

Hi, my name is Charlie, and I endorse this message.

Holy wow is this thing COOL! A bit of a tight squeeze but works and looks fantastic! Installation was pretty easy too.

We actually tried something similar on the proto, but flat ran out of time and had to get moving. Being 100% honest, this looks better than what we had anyway.

Great job Greg!

100_5562 (resized).JPG100_5562 (resized).JPG

100_5565 (resized).JPG100_5565 (resized).JPG

#9612 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's incredibly rewarding to get designer approval

When I think of designers I think of Ritchie, Nordman, Gomez, and some other heroes... I'm just a dude doing the best he can (and still have a lot to prove in that regard). But thanks!

In my brain, this is more like what I wanted the game to have... sadly, we don't always get everything we want in the final product.

Pinball is hard! But this is one cool mod to say the least, so credit where due.

#9616 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Hey gang, just pulled my RZ out of the box two days ago.

What game #???

Make sure you update the code before you do anything... and email me in the morning so I can get you some help.

#9628 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

some big shot movie producer is hammering on it now

I swear I've seen that guy somewhere before.

Thanks for the patience, and I hope we were of some help anyway!

#9632 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

couldn't there be a check that the shooter lane switch gets tripped right after a ball was supposed to be served?

I believe that's actually how Fawzma handles it... but it's not flawless. The new trough with a stack opto (started with Jetsons) is the right solution and I wish we had it in RZ, just wasn't an option.

I'll have Fawzma go over this in code... not sure he made any changes to the trough in the latest rev, but can't hurt to check. Just not seeing this on either game in the shop or our route game but obviously something is going on.

#9633 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This has become a huge issue for me as well.

Here's something simple to check that Fawzma reminded me of...

Somewhere in the Rob Zombie run, Jameco added a voltage adjust to that 48v supply (small white phillips plastic screw knob)... we didn't notice it until we had a game playing a bit "soft" (for lack of a better term) which was driving us crazy. When we put the meter on the 48v supply, we noticed it was low on power... and there was an adjustment knob where none had existed before.

Check your game, and if needed you can turn that up a bit... .5 to 1 volt makes a HUGE power difference.

Just be careful, and you may need to turn down other coils in the menu to compensate. Entirely possible this could be the cause of a weak trough kick seen in a few games.

3 months later
#9803 6 years ago

RZ will in fact get a pile of bug squashes, and yes... 100% agree that House of 1,000 corpses needs a bit more flair and fixes... MUCH too hard to beat right now. We'll get there. The game has a mountain of content, callouts from 3 people, and is a mile deep. We won't be adding a ton more but we will clean it up.

Patience. Just crazy busy getting Alice ready and we can only tackle so much at once.

2 weeks later
#9842 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Doubt he lets us down, but it may be a while.

Nobody will bail on anything we can get better (within limits)... but yeah, he's CRAZY busy on Alice right now.

We're working towards 1 game, 1 programmer. Ben Heck is right and we've abused Fawzma enough.

All in due time!

2 months later
#9940 5 years ago

Code will get done guys... the whole new system for ACNC put us in a real bind and we're all hands on deck getting it as solid as can be for launch.

We don't have 10 guys doing this... we have 1 (and another in training). I want my game right too, and it will be! Don't forget, this was our 2nd game, and the first for Fawzma.

EVERYTHING will get cleaned up asap. We keep our promises, and I guarantee we'll get this right when time allows.

3 weeks later
#10016 5 years ago

There is a reason... just send the board in and we'll update it correctly for you free of charge.... ACNC is on Proc.

#10022 5 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Here is where I'm at,My rob zombie #167 has been a lemon from the start,

Last email I have from you is a bad trough coil on January 15th, 2017.

Blanking out sounds like an SD card error... if you've updated the code lately, it may be formatted wrong. If it's just flaking out, try a refresh of code.

We're always here to help! Chris is fantastic at his job.

1 month later
#10113 5 years ago

Guys... we're doing all we can to get caught up on the system switch for ACNC that put us behind and cost us several months of work.

WE WILL fix the remaining items in Rob Zombie (and our other games) as time allows. I'm hoping before years end.

Only so many hours in the day and so much we can work on at once. I am to blame for dumping a ton of work on Fawzma all at once. We have more help now, but still going to take time.

Sorry... doing our best.

#10115 5 years ago

Pretty sure this is the same conversation that goes on with damn near every game of the last 10 years. Game is good / code sucks. Code is good / game sucks. Code gets up to par and "really turns the game around"... we've seen it over and over. TWD comes to mind in a big way in that department.

What I'm promising is that we WILL NOT leave Rob Zombie hanging. It will get complete, and fix the flaws (like House of 1k). Just going to take a little more time and man hours. I can't hire someone to clean this up then lay them off once it's complete, but I can take some pressure off our current programmer by freeing up his schedule and having 2 guys, which is exactly what we are doing. Again, new system, new programmer, new issues to conquer.

We're behind, but it's for the right reasons. Busy is good! Sure beats the alternative.

Patience... we'll get there.

#10117 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR / CONSULTANT

They also have to understand the entire code that has already been written, and try to adapt what we want done to it. While the new system is easier to learn, the PinHeck takes a bigger understanding. By the time we'd train them and sort it all out, we'd be on it again ourselves anyway.

That, and I don't like "using" people to get work done. I'd rather develop talent that can stick with the team, and that's what we're doing now.

#10121 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

you care about your employees which is a rare virtue these days

I care about everybody that has helped get us where we are, both employees and customers. Trust me, I wish there was some magic that makes everything we do flawless on day 1, but not the reality here or anywhere else. We all have our separate issues to solve.

I see the flaws far more than the biggest naysayers on Pinside. I see where we were and where we are now... and it's still not where we want to be.

3 months later
#10204 5 years ago

It's coming folks... needs a little more testing and a pesky damn bug to squash, but we're on it.

Trying hard to get it out asap! Going to predict Q4 of 2018... oh wait, that's fairly soon huh?!

Fingers crossed and working hard to make it happen.

Quoted from benheck:

It's 3 bars and a gas station

All 3 bars have Spotted Cow, so ... ? Where's the problem?

#10206 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Gas station should have Spotted Cow also. That could be the issue if they don't ?

Lol!!! They do! But they stop beer sales at like 10 or 10:30 on certain nights... the bars don't have that restriction.

#10243 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think a lot of people (most) wanted the way Infection works changed. But it appears that didn't happen.

We wanted to fix Corpses and a ton of other bugs... not sure if reverse or no hold flippers will be the final answer, but we'll do one or both or ... something!

I'm not calling this the last update. We're reviewing what assets remain and still want this to be the best it possibly can be. One things for sure, I topped 1,000 Corpses twice on Friday and HAD FUN DOING IT!!! Hadn't played the game for a while with TnA and Alice being the constant focus, and it really sunk in what we were trying to do with this game, and I still think we achieved that. It's what Rob wanted, it's what we wanted.

Yes, we know more got fixed than what was in the notes Fawzma tossed out late in the day. We'll add them in as we go.

Play this, report anything odd to Spooky, and we'll keep it going. Bug and I beat the daylights out of the game (actually 2 different games) for hours and saw ZERO issues.

1 week later
#10280 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So it is now, as it was before

Not quite... when ya see that drop target pulsing, smack it!

6 months later
#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I was the same way asking about finished code, the promised infection mode reversed flippers

The code is complete all the way through wizard mode, and a ton of goodness was added in a massive Spooky / Ben Heck 2 week spree before the final release.

There is 1 bug we are aware of that needs squashing. That will happen.

Infected mode is in the game the best it can be... we tried everything to make it work as originally described but it wasn't consistent and kept popping fuses. We have to lean towards function vs. fun sometimes. Just the way it is.

Regardless, we're proud of the way the code & game came out.

2 months later
#10467 4 years ago

There will be 1 more code update coming to clean up a few minor bugs... I'm going to personally dig deep in the audio (especially Sid's) and see what else can be tossed in for fun.

The code is pretty complete in this game, with the exception of the few known bugs... which will get addressed over the winter.

If you know of specific bugs we may have missed, email them directly to [email protected] and they will be added to the list of what needs looking at. Posting them here isn't going to help so SEND THEM IN!

Since Fawzma gets to take Scott game #2 off for programming, he's going to be going back and cleaning up RZ, Domino's, and some on Jetson's for The Pinball Company while he finally has the time after Alice Cooper is wrapped up.

Thanks everyone!
20161120_161519(0) (resized).jpg20161120_161519(0) (resized).jpgIMG_20150626_110941648_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20150626_110941648_HDR (resized).jpg

#10470 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Is no reverse flipper mode considered a bug or an abandoned feature?

We were going to do "infected flippers" ... which was not reverse. It kept blowing fuses and we couldn't stabilize it safely so it was reduced to a selectable menu timed mode.

Reverse flippers in a 3 flipper game isn't a road we want to go down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=SpookyCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.