image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10565 3 years ago

There’s a lot of discussion on this point in the - Is Rob Zombie REALLY that he’s thread. Check it out. It’s a very polarizing pin.

3 months later
#10580 3 years ago

Has anyone swapped out the standard muddled DMD that everyone seems to complain about with an after market DMD? If so, what after market DMD did you use?

#10582 3 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The monitor would be fully capable of handling better graphics. The board set isn’t capable of handling high def.

I see. Thanks for the info and response. I appreciate it.

#10584 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

The display is LCD, but is designed to emulate the dot matrix displays of the period. I might point out that Spooky was shipping color on RZ while Stern was still exclusively monochrome DMD.

I just played a RZ for the first time the other day. I loved the pin and may end up buying it from the owner. I know it’s not perfect, but I can’t figure out why some people despise it the way they do. Anyway, I didn’t even realize it was an LCD. Thanks for pointing that out.

#10589 3 years ago

I guess I’d consider myself to be an above average player, but I didn’t think most of the shots were as tough to make as people make them out to be. I felt like that is one of the biggest criticisms. I didn’t have any problems hitting the left orbit consistently to start modes. I had a harder time hitting the right orbit, but that shot always gives me the most difficulty. I like unique games and Rob Zombie, so for the price you can get one at these days I think it’s a bit of a steal.

I hear rumblings about a code update. If there is a code update, what would the update cover? Just clean-up or an overhaul?

#10592 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If you are at all a fan of RZ music, early solid state games (like classic Bally)

Yeah. I love early solid state games. I have a Seawitch. I also love TNA, which also has the classic feel. I will probably go for it. The one that I played and is available has the Medisinyl Mods, which help the look of the pin a lot.

#10598 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

.. it's just a blast to play, and all the quirks just add to the aura of it.

Well said. It IS a blast to play. Unique, quirky and fun. Not to mention it totally rocks. I’m planning to pick one up after Labor Day after I move some pins around to create space.

#10603 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

the sparse playfield has had me doubting.

Honestly, I don’t think the playfield on RZ is any less sparse than some modern Stern playfields. Stranger Things is pretty sparse.

#10607 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think he was talking about the terrible playfield art. Very open, too dark, and plain, which is a shame since the cabinet and backglass are top notch.

Maybe you are right, but I don’t think the playfield art is terrible. There’s just not a lot of it. There is a big difference. In terms of it being too dark, honestly, I don’t mind it. I think it works and fits the theme. I’ve said this before but it’s okay to be different. Not everything needs to be brightly light overly packed playfield from an art standpoint.

#10609 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
Can't remember being so wrong about anything for a long time. The most beautiful machine i have now, maybe even better looking cab than Theatre of Magic which i think is the best out there. Playfield and backglass is also stunning.
And the gameplay is so exciting, can't wait to put some more games on it.
Do people really say that some of the other Spooky's are even better? This machine is top class.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Can the language be turned off to operate this machine in a venue? I bet my mate will buy one if so. I'd put money in it any day. Wish Deadpool had that language setting, the 'adult' on DP is lame.

There is a family mode setting.

#10631 3 years ago

Anyone have the Rob Zombie TV mod with video playback? If so, what are your thoughts?

671FF367-FE5D-4D73-8DA2-CF6EB1F94DBE (resized).jpeg671FF367-FE5D-4D73-8DA2-CF6EB1F94DBE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10660 3 years ago

Just picked up a RZ last night. Are there any up to date rule sheets available? Thanks in advance.

#10661 3 years ago

I have another quick question. Can you buy apron cards anywhere? I see digital versions on the Spooky website but was hoping to just buy hard copies. Thanks in advance.

#10662 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There will be 1 more code update coming to clean up a few minor bugs... I'm going to personally dig deep in the audio (especially Sid's) and see what else can be tossed in for fun.
The code is pretty complete in this game, with the exception of the few known bugs... which will get addressed over the winter.
If you know of specific bugs we may have missed, email them directly to [email protected] and they will be added to the list of what needs looking at. Posting them here isn't going to help so SEND THEM IN!
Since Fawzma gets to take Scott game #2 off for programming, he's going to be going back and cleaning up RZ, Domino's, and some on Jetson's for The Pinball Company while he finally has the time after Alice Cooper is wrapped up.
Thanks everyone!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey @spookycharlie. Was the update from a week or so ago the “1 more code update” you mentioned 10 months ago? if so, is it definitely the last update? I’m just asking. For the record, I absolutely love the pin. I see people in the thread mentioning Spooky “distancing themselves from the pin”. There’s absolutely no reason to do that. I think it’s a pin to be extremely proud of. It’s edgy, dark, loud and brutal. More importantly, it’s challenging, unique and a ton of fun. Keep it up! Don’t conform and continue to think outside of the box. I do think RZ will garner the respect it deserves one day. It’s just in an odd position with only 300 units. Looking to grab both an AMH and ACNC one of these days.

1 week later
#10666 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Rob Zombie is in the house.

Congrats! It’s a completely underrated and under appreciated pin. It is a blast to play and is unique and different in a good way. Consider yourself lucky to be in such a great club

#10668 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I already ordered a quiet fan kit for it. I had never really heard the fan in my buddie's garage playing before. But as soon as I turned it on in my room it was the first thing I heard.

For the price, it’s a must have upgrade. I have the quiet fan on mine and it was well worth it. The factory fan is pretty distracting.

#10672 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Well it better not be, because that would be a gigantic fucking letdown. But they can't be bothered to have any sort of communication, even after failing to deliver on their promises again and again. Which is a shame, because it still has the potential to be a fantastic machine.

I’m not sure what all promises were made by Spooky, but I have faith they will do what they said they would do. I really believe it’s a company based on integrity. It’s also probably the most customer friendly pin company. With that being said, time will tell. However, I do hope they live up to their reputation.

1 week later
#10678 3 years ago

Congrats! It IS a great pin! I think those are your two choices - Spot lights or Pin Stadiums. However, I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t mind the dark playfield. I think it fits with the theme.

#10680 3 years ago

I have seen pics with RZ with pin stadiums turned to a red tone and, I agree, it does look really nice.

3 weeks later
#10709 3 years ago

Wow! What a surprise! Do you have any more details??? Spooky is such a rad company.

#10710 3 years ago
AD6CFD2C-4A4F-4E8F-814C-8E85B561D7F5 (resized).pngAD6CFD2C-4A4F-4E8F-814C-8E85B561D7F5 (resized).png
#10716 3 years ago

I haven’t had a chance to install the update. However, to those that have, is there noticeable differences in terms of gameplay or is it mostly just bug fixes with additional call outs?

#10728 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and the sound is the worst I’ve heard from any pinball machine. It’s super scratchy and pops. I’ve tried swapping out cables and put another source to the amp/ speakers and it’s still super scratchy. I think I might have a bad amp. Has anyone ever had this problem?

The amp they used costs about $40. Just google it.

#10729 3 years ago

While I’m on here tonight, I might as well ask - Has anyone legitimately made it to Hellbound? I absolutely love the pin and am the first to defend it, but it is sure brutal. I’m a decent player and I haven’t come close to completing all the modes to get to Hellbound. So, I’m curious of anyone actually has done it?

#10731 3 years ago

Good call with the 5 balls. You know what? I never even thought of making that adjustment. Haha. I guess it’s 3 balls or nothing for me. Actually, I’ll switch it tomorrow. Good advice

#10734 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

master the CHOP save

I know of the CHOP save and looked through the thread, but can someone please provide a clear explanation of how it works? Thanks in advance.

#10737 3 years ago

Got it. That was my understanding as well. When you say 4 inlanes I’m assuming you meant the 2 inlanes and 2 outlanes. The only reason I’m asking is I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing something where you could light the outlanes without draining. That doesn’t sound like the case. In other words, to light chop you have to drain. Correct?

4 months later
#10820 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Unfortunately this isn't the first time there's been some uproar about discontinuation that I attempt to defend

For what it’s worth, I don’t think you have to defend yourself - at all. It’s your business, so you can do what you want. From my interaction with you and your posts, I see nothing but a man of integrity. Let’s move on and let Medisinyl Mods do what he does best, which is to make mods.

#10834 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Alice Cooper ... best game evvvvverrrrr.

Good to hear! It’s on my shortlist of titles. I’ve actually never played one, but I tend to enjoy Spooky releases and love horror type themes.

1 month later
#10873 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, here is a nice looking Captain Spaulding figure that can be used as an inexpensive mod. It’s about 5” tall. It’s also a preorder:

https://trickortreatstudios.com/shop-by-categories/whats-new/house-of-1000-corpses-captain-spaulding-5-action-figure.html

1 week later
#10879 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

$33 is a steal. Those signs look great. Highly recommended

Agreed. All the Medisinyl mods really transform the pin. In my opinion, they are all must haves.

1 week later
#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To check, I’ll take the balls out, put them on the lockbar/glass join of the neighbouring machine, and roll them around back and forth and see if any stick together. Sometimes it’s just very light .. but enough to stop them rolling down the trough.

In rotordave we trust. I’ve been on here long enough to know the dude knows what he is talking about.

#10896 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the customer service at Spooky.

If you look around Pinside, there are many posts similar to yours. One time I emailed Spooky about an issue and got a response back in two minutes. I’m not exaggerating. They are a great company and worthy of all of our support.

5 months later
#10918 2 years ago

So my RZ is kicking balls into the shooter lane one after another. I put in new balls because I saw the earlier discussion on magnetized balls. That didn’t do the trick. I did a switch test and neither the shooter lane switch or the right outlane switch register on the switch matrix. I looked under the play field for loose wires and anything obvious and didn’t see anything. I believe those two switches are connected by a common ground wire.

With that being said, anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It is possible the switches are bad if you've ruled out any wiring issues.

Could be. I just think it’s odd that both switches failed at the same time. I was sure it was an issue with a loose wire but I’m just not seeing it.

4 months later
#10956 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have a chance to get a RZ, they say it has some mods. What are the desirable ones that aren't made anymore?

All the Medisinyl mods, gas pumps, living dead girl, pussy liquor sign, murder ride sign. You can see them in the attached pic of my RZ.

DF493496-17AE-4F21-A6E2-04E4F87D0334 (resized).jpegDF493496-17AE-4F21-A6E2-04E4F87D0334 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#10964 1 year ago

I have a stock plastic apron and a metal apron with screen cutout if anybody's interested.

Any interest in selling just the two instruction cards? I’d take both of those.

#10966 1 year ago

I'd like to keep them complete with the apron. They are just printed at home on glossy photo paper. Let me check my files, I may still have it saved somewhere and I can email it to you.
Edit - Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/132#post-3441723

This is great. Thank you. I will see if I can figure out a way to print them. Thanks again!

4 months later
#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Would you like me to type it again, or would you just be happy reading it again?

Chill…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=Krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.