image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jetzxi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 8 years ago

Keep kickin Ass Charlie!
Super excited here, AMH coming soon and a RZSSI LE very soon afterwards!

1 week later
#722 8 years ago

From Spooky's Facebook post today.............

"This just happened. Sid Haig....The man, the myth, the pinball voice actor! "

FB_IMG_1435340978080.jpgFB_IMG_1435340978080.jpg

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Man, where's Jared? What's that word he likes so much?...

LMAO!

2 months later
#986 8 years ago

Benton, WI Labor Day Parade!

Screenshot_2015-09-07-10-52-46.pngScreenshot_2015-09-07-10-52-46.png

#987 8 years ago

Proto Backglass? is looking pretty good there Charlie.

#990 8 years ago

And thanks for letting us stop by the shop yesterday Charlie!

20150906_135915.jpg20150906_135915.jpg

#1038 8 years ago

I think RZ will have an 8 ball trough but what do I know.

3 weeks later
#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Will this be at Expo?

I believe that if they get the playfield artwork back in time it should be.

2 months later
#1732 8 years ago

Yeah well then I don't think JJP will be breaking the Internet either.

Can't wait for tomorrow's reveal!!!

#1829 8 years ago

Charlie and team, you hit a freaking home run!

WOW, incredible........see you soon!

#2200 8 years ago

The game doesn't suck! I had the privilege of playing Rob Zombie tonight. Had a blast playing head to head with Charlie. I am very excited to be getting one of the LEs.

20151211_222853.jpg20151211_222853.jpg

20151211_223223.jpg20151211_223223.jpg

20151211_223228.jpg20151211_223228.jpg

20151211_222707.jpg20151211_222707.jpg

20151211_231702.jpg20151211_231702.jpg

#2214 8 years ago

What a night......we walked in with Charlie and Nate doing the interview. We played several games on RZ, talked about it for a couple hours and had a lot of fun. Yes the playfield art looks alot better in person. The gameplay has come a long way since Pinball Zombies Beyond the Grave. It is a fun, fast in your face you better get control kind of game with an awesome taste of randomness to mess with you. We were very pleased with what we saw. AMH got loaded up with Charlie and Luke's help and away we went.......that's it for now, i have to get some more sleep so I can muscle AMH into my gameroom today! Thanks again Charlie and crew you guys are awesome!!!!!
Oh yeah and the callouts, omg the callouts!!!!! , the R ratedness, the sounds, the dots, I could go on and on, fuckin amazing! Holy shit I had a huge grin on my face playing RZ.

#2230 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Chris you lucky son of a...!
Charlie had the game all covered up when I picked up mine.
He even teased me and pointed at it.
I am in for Rob Zombie.

I'm in on an LE!

#2327 8 years ago

Sad and depressed but not insulted......so you got that going for ya.

#2486 8 years ago

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the way the Robot pulses like he is scared during gameplay is freaking killer. David did an awesome job at implementing that into the code.
Oh yeah and the callouts, what an excellent job they have done with that. No voice overs here!

#3108 8 years ago

Game numbers are in! woohoo

#3181 8 years ago

I forgot to say what number I got...............LE# 2 baby!

#3303 8 years ago

I played it 2 weeks ago, the game is badass. Maybe you can trade somebody your Hellcat for one? Not me though, I don't like the white one..........now maybe if it was orange you'd have yourself a deal.

#3373 8 years ago

I love me some shaker code..........like Joe said shake that thing during video mode, how cool would that be?!

#3406 8 years ago

“It just tastes so damn good!!”

I’m in the middle of reworking the drain/ballsave/multiball stuff. With the new trough being used, I have to use the last switch as the “drain switch”. You would think it would be easy, but there’s a lot of stuff going on and you have to account for reasons why the drain switch gets hit when it’s not really a drain. This was working ok for sometime, but I needed to change something around to allow the ball save to stay active for 30 seconds for corpse mode.

Anyway..

I did say I would post an overview about Dead City mode, so here we go.

Like every other main mode, this mode is select-able once you take the left orbit and land in the VUK (can’t be in any other mode). Once the mode starts you are instructed to hit the targets in a specific order. The three targets are as follows.

Left target – under boombox
Center target – just to left of center ramp
Right target – the extra/add a ball target just over the outer lanes.

You hit the left, center, right in that order. Hitting them out of order resets targets. You have 3 chances. You will notice each of those targets represents a character. Chicken, Bigfoot, Monkey.

Once you complete the mode you can hit those targets again, BUT in ANY order you want. This is a 2 ball multiball. Depending on which one you hit first, completing the other 2 targets collects that character. If you clear the top right two targets to the right of the upper right pop bumper, you will earn “Godzilla” Rob and Sheri’s dog.

Collecting characters adds to the jackpot as well as the usual LDG targets. Shoot the center ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are working, so you collect a jackpot 3 times.. 4th is super. collect 4 times, the 5th is super. So on and so forth.

Like in Dragula, this has an extra feature. If you collect the chicken, you are instructed to take the left orbit. Hit the chicken switch and you deep fry some chicken and get 250k times the amount of balls in play.

“Overtime” ends when you are left with one ball.

The next mode overview will be What! This and remaining modes are a bit more involving so keep an eye out. Looking for another overview tomorrow.

#3423 8 years ago

Fawzma, no update yet?

#3425 8 years ago

“Get your ass to Red Hot P@#$% Liquors”

Tonight’s overview is What! mode. This is another main select-able mode. Shooting left orbit into the VUK, What! is the third main mode of five. Currently What! has two side modes to complete. RHPL and the Captain Spaulding hurry-up. Each with their own inserts.

Once the mode starts you are now playing in the upper play-field. This isn’t as easy as you would think. Even the original version with lane guides (which I still have), you can still fail this mode. With the removal of the lane guides, its a bit harder.

Your screen has 3 buckets of chicken on the left and 3 gas cans on the right that are greyed out. You have to complete the lanes 3 times. You are then taunted by Spaulding, which you’ll need to bash him 3 times. Progressively getting hard each time you beat the mode. Bash him three times, then shoot the gate. Drop out of the upper play-field and into the secret passage area to claim a quick jackpot and beat the mode. Exiting the upper play-field prior to beating this mode, fails the mode. So you’ll need to restart it.

Coming out of the inner right orbit two more modes are active. RHPL and the Spaulding hurry up.

Shoot the right orbit to complete RHPL. You get 20 seconds to complete it. Shoot the center ramp to put 20 seconds back on the clock. Once your time runs out, you need to complete What! again to reactivate.

Spaulding hurry-up is the left orbit. Shoot the left to get to the upper play-field, where the gate is open. Shoot through the gate to claim your jackpots. At this moment, this hurry-up in in this mode. But it may end up being part of the Murder Ride mode which will be talked about later. This hurry-up is always active int his mode after beating Spaulding, and is inactive when the mode ends or fails.

I have beaten this mode (all main plus 2 subs) in one ball…. only once. So good luck!

Demonoid Phenomenon will be tomorrows overview. Side note, I did fix the ballsave, multiball, drain stuff. After spending several hours on it last night, I went to be only to realize the solution. 45 minutes after getting up in the AM, and it’s resolved. Usually how it works for me.

Since I ripped off the image it would only be fair to link back to where it came from. so get a shirt. I don’t get anything for this, just being nice

Get a shirt I guess

RHPL_(resized).jpgRHPL_(resized).jpg

#3436 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-demonoid-phenomenon-overview/
Demonoid is up. Going to try and do more today. Got stuff to do this weekend.

You are 10 hours early.......LOL!

“HIT EVERYTHING”

Demonoid Phenomenon is the forth main game mode of five. In this mode the goal is to light up all the target/switch lights. There isn’t really anything extra in this mode like in What, Dragula or Dead City only because you’ll be too busy making sure you don’t drain.

When the mode starts, all inserts that have a switch next to is starts to pulse, except for the in/out lanes. Your job is to hit everything to light up the whole field. This includes the upper play-field. The only saving grace on this mode is you get time added with each switch hit, you’ll need it.

Don’t confuse this with how corpse mode works. There are only 17 switches that need to be hit. Unlike corpse mode where you need 1000 from anywhere.

This mode may end up being one of the few that can/will stack with Living Dead Girl sub-mode.

Probably the only real notable feature in this mode is the boobies in adult mode. Don’ let the boobies distract you, its not worth it really. Otherwise, forget about any wizard mode!

This mode is restart-able. You are not force to rehit what you already lit up so that helps a bit. In overtime, this is a 2 ball multiball (subject to change). The field will reset, light everything up again to add to the jackpot, then claim up the center ramp.

Next mode overview will be Superbeast!!

#3444 8 years ago

Sneak attack!!

Superbeast mode is the fifth main mode of six.

In this mode you are the beast trying to catch a girl in the woods. The DMD shows a first person view of you in the woods hunting a girl down. As you progress, you are shown weaving though the woods till you catch her.

The goal of this mode is to hit the center ramp 5 times without hitting any targets. Hitting pops is ok. If at any time you shoot the left orbit and you are able to fall into the secret passage, you can insta-beat the mode with a “sneak attack”. Hitting the ramp resets the fail counter.

Beating Superbeast earns a 2 ball multiball (subject to change). In overtime, shoot the ramp to collect jackpots. Super jackpots are only enabled if you used the sneak attack. Shooting the inside left orbit earns the Super jackpots.

More goodies will need to be added to this mode as it feels kinda empty the way it is.

Interesting side story about this mode, the original videos depicting the beast/girl chase was a 2d side view. The beast was in the middle with the girl on the left side with woods/fog scrolling in the background. This idea prompted the request for dual layers to be used in the Pinheck system.

Normal video is played at 30FPS. When you are using 2 layers, they are then run at 15 FPS. This dual layer system is used in the Dragula video mode.

The 2d side view stuff may come back, but in some other mode perhaps. You never know. Maybe I can use it to indicate how close you are to jackpot/superjackpots in Superbeast overtime mode. Perhaps hitting the targets you weren’t supposed to would get the beast closer and add to the jackpot. Better yet, maybe use the pops instead to advance the jackpots and beast.

1 week later
#3761 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Last main mode review up, American Witch http://www.fawzma.com/rob-zombie-pinball-american-witch-overview/
I'll need to write up something about the submodes.

Rob Zombie Pinball – American Witch Overview...............

American Witch is the last of 6 main modes. There are sub modes to talk about still and those will be talked about in another post.

As usual, start the mode by getting into the left orbit VUK.

The ball kicks out and you now have to complete a three “phase” shot. Left orbit one time, center ramp 3 times, right orbit once.

It’s that simple, or is it?

After completing each step you’ll go into a multiball. Shooting center ramp and right orbit earns jackpots. At some point I’ll need to add some more depth to this, but for now the mode works.

In adult mode the “DMD” will have a barely naked dancing witch, while in family mode a dancing cat. Both depicted in the feature image on this post.

RZ_(resized).pngRZ_(resized).png

#3764 8 years ago

This should be the final post about the different modes in Rob Zombie Pinball. Warning, it’s kinda long winded.

The modes to be talked about will be, Living Dead Girl, 1000 Corpse, Skill shot, Murder Ride and Bonuses

Skill shot – After starting the game you will have a goal of destroying the robot. In order to destroy the robot, you have to hit the left upper sling into the right upper sling, then complete the motion by hitting any one of the pops. The skill shot will require a little plunger finesse. It’s possible to make, but will take a lot of trial and error to get just right.

Living Dead Girl – At the moment this mode does not stack, even though it was originally supposed to. I really want to be careful with this because when you are in a main mode, they mostly have things that you can’t/shouldn’t hit and will fail you out. So more testing is needed.

LDG is started when not in any modes by hitting the top two coffin targets two times each. LDG music starts and now you have to hit those targets again 2 times each for 4 rounds. Each round an extra ball is ejected till you get through all rounds. After the 3rd round jackpots are available via the center ramp. Draining your extra balls ends the mode.

1000 Corpse mode – This mode is also started outside of any other mode. Hit the drop down target 3 times, then shoot the inner loop 3 times. This might sound easy, you would be surprised. After activating this mode, the House of 1000Corpse song starts playing and the DMD will show an infinite hallway of skeletons.

In this mode you need to collect 1000 corpse. Each and every switch is worth one corpse. Hitting the top right targets tot he right of pop bumper will increase the corpse multiplier.

This is where things change when playing by yourself or in multiplayer. In single player mode, those top right targets increase the copse multiplier. In multiplayer mode, clearing both targets steals corpse from other players then applies a curse to everyone else.

If you are cursed, you’ll need to clear those targets to remove the curse then apply it to everyone else. Kind of like hot potato.

Here’s the catch. If you are cursed and you beat the mode without clearing those targets, the person who cursed you collects half your jackpot.

Murder Ride – Murder Ride can be done at any time by hitting the center target to the left of the center ramp. You will begin spelling “GEIN”, “FISH”, “SATAN”. After you complete spelling each name, you are directed to hit the right inner orbit switch, collecting the killers card you just spelled. Collect as many cards as you can, they will be added up during EOB.

Bonuses – There is a switch in front of the boombox that will increase an EOB bonus up to 10x. Hitting the rattle switch on the right side of the drop target gets you points multiplied by the bonus multiplier. The rattle switch also modifies certain things about each main mode you play. I’ll leave that to the players to figure out what its doing. Bonuses could be a time modified or score modifier.

LDG_(resized).jpgLDG_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#4035 8 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Prototypes have been ordered. The two protos will be red PCBs. I am taking suggestions for colors for the production run we can do anything besides black and white. Those are really hard colors to repair in the future if something bad happens.

Tennessee Orange!

2 weeks later
#4184 8 years ago

Still game 301 eh?

2 weeks later
#4244 8 years ago

oh......so now you're not getting one? SMH

4 weeks later
#4347 8 years ago

Licensed topper mod by Joe from Laseriffic.

FB_IMG_1458326210102_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1458326210102_(resized).jpg

#4348 8 years ago

Light up Robot and Dead City Radio mod......by Matt from BackalleyCreations.....

FB_IMG_1458326509956_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1458326509956_(resized).jpg

#4353 8 years ago

Spooky shirts are pretty cool.......this graphic is on the new one. Hoodies are available too.

FB_IMG_1458332341056_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1458332341056_(resized).jpg

#4354 8 years ago

Spooky shirts are pretty cool.......this graphic is on the new one. Hoodies are available too.

#4441 8 years ago

MGC it is.....

2 weeks later
#4524 8 years ago

I thought the LED mods looked really good in person at the TPF.

#4545 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Also played it at MGC and loved it! Thanks to Fawzma for coaching me and making my gameplay experience better. Failed to steal my opponents corpses but what a great idea!!

Play better!?

2 weeks later
#4684 7 years ago

Loving this game!
Charlie and crew from Spooky KICK ASS...what a bad ass machine! LE# 2 baby!!!

20160423_224452_(resized).jpg20160423_224452_(resized).jpg
20160423_233327_(resized).jpg20160423_233327_(resized).jpg
20160423_231014_(resized).jpg20160423_231014_(resized).jpg

#4702 7 years ago

Thank you!

It's a true backglass and here's a picture of the plaque........

Plaque_(resized).pngPlaque_(resized).png

#4705 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Like a silkscreen or translight glued to glass?

I am not near the machine right not but I can tell you it's not a glued translite.

#4722 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Le #4 at the house but I won't be until tomorrow

Thumbs down that you have to wait another day

1 week later
#4834 7 years ago

Yup what Ben said......

#4921 7 years ago

I think David's done an awesome job with the code and to say it has a long way to go is not accurate at all.
When I played it back in December it was missing some modes but even then I wouldn't have called it a long way off unless of course 2-1/2 months is a long time for you. The game was a lot of fun to play in Texas.

He's a full time Spooky employee and if he needs to go back and tweak a few things in a few months, it's not going to be an issue.

So in short.....continue what you're doing David and keep KICKING ASS on Rob Zombie and the rest of those awesome projects Spooky has planned for you!

One happy Rob Zombie LE owner here!

1 week later
#5012 7 years ago

This seems right up your alley Ben.......

Screenshot_20160526-150758_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160526-150758_(resized).png

#5058 7 years ago

Oh Yeah I want to tell you about Dead City Radio man and the New Gods of Supertown......

20160531_130640_(resized).jpg20160531_130640_(resized).jpg

#5133 7 years ago

I saw this in person when I picked up my game a month or 2 back.......it looks awesome...

Just listed on Pinball Life's website....

Screenshot_20160602-172408_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160602-172408_(resized).png

#5137 7 years ago

Matt has some stuff in the works as well.......just a matter of time and the goods will be out I'd imagine.

Yeah them Emery's, Dezwarte's and Reisterer's are some nice peeps that's for sure....along with a few others.

#5147 7 years ago

This topper looks badass on my machine....

Available now from Laseriffic.com

FB_IMG_1464978426128_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1464978426128_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5287 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I use these, seriously. Great for lots of things, but fit the spacing for standard coin doors so both mechs feed into the container.

Don't forget the Shasta!

4 months later
#6605 7 years ago

Gameplay/Rules video:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

8,000 (OBO)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jetzxi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=Jetzxi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.