image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2166 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If sending via paypal, do Spooky right and send via friends and family to save them the fees !

Kayte has explained that they can't accept the money as a gift via Paypal (probably why they love checks)--as a business they must pay the fees.

1 week later
#3207 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

JOESCHALL said:I'm #79.

That's funny. I was emailed that I was 79. One of us is not 79.

Hmm. Well, I guess they'll have to make 301 then . . .

My guess is KT will sort it out and correct via this thread or by e-mail.

#3220 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

75 - Chris, 76 - Kurt, 77 - John, 78 - Tom, 79 - Joe, 80 - John

Thanks, Charlie. I had a feeling you guys would be on top of it.

2 weeks later
#3546 8 years ago

Wish list for RZSSI:

Bill changer option from spooky. I know it's a lot to ask, but mine will be routed so a bill changer would be nice.

Plastic protectors installed by spooky at an add-on price. I believe this turned out to be a popular option among AMH owners once made available.

Cliffy or mantis protectors where suitable, such as at the mode launcher hole, installed by spooky at an add-on price. If protectors are possible and relevant, again I believe this would be a popular option.

#3711 8 years ago

Welcome to Club Crazy!

#3765 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

This is where things change when playing by yourself or in multiplayer. In single player mode, those top right targets increase the copse multiplier. In multiplayer mode, clearing both targets steals corpse from other players then applies a curse to everyone else.

Quoted from Jetzxi:

In adult mode the “DMD” will have a barely naked dancing witch, while in family mode a dancing cat. Both depicted in the feature image on this post.

Some tournament players could object to the multiplayer mode curse, but I personally love it. What a cool and interesting feature. And the whole dancing cat idea for family mode is a hoot. I love this ruleset.

3 months later
#4687 7 years ago

I'm in for all the mods. Looking forward . . .

1 month later
#5289 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I doubt mine will ever go on location but I've been thinking it would be cool to put it in the local indie music store that raised me for the week around Record Store Day each year...

Cool idea. My RZ will be on location at a record store/hookah lounge a few hours from you in State College, PA. Looking forward to it!

1 month later
#5668 7 years ago

Just got my request from KT this week for the remainder balance on #79, and just sent out the check. She says my game is in playtest now, so I believe it should be ready for shipping in another week or two if all goes well. BTW, the shipper is listed on the invoice as R&L Carriers and the cost for shipping to Pennsylvania is $260.77. For $5, Charlie also remembered to add a wiring harness for a bill acceptor (thank you, Charlie!) because I mentioned to him that this game will be routed. I'm not suggesting how these details on my game will apply to yours, but I just figured I'd share the numbers in case they're useful to other pinsiders.

#5688 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

If you're putting it on location, I'm hoping it's there when I drop my kid off on 8/18.

It will be on location in downtown State College (Penn State). The exact day it goes out will be up to the host business owner, but I'll post here once it's out and I'll let you know.

#5721 7 years ago

I can tell you that my #79 has not shipped yet (though spooky doesn't necessarily go in order, depending on factors such as playtesting outcome and payment, I'm sure), but I'm expecting to get the word soon. I'll post here when it does ship.

#5735 7 years ago

#79 is on the truck.

#5740 7 years ago

Just got the phone call from the shipper. RZ left spooky on Thursday evening and will be delivered to my residence in central PA on Monday afternoon. Not bad . . .

#5775 7 years ago

#79 is now routed. Will post pix and more info tomorrow.

#5778 7 years ago

#79 is now happily routed at Chronic Town/Music Underground in State College, PA, along with Metallica, WOZ, SS, TWD, and GoT Premium. Had an excellent experience with R&L Carriers, who delivered the machine right to my station wagon, with no damage even to the box--superbly packaged and palleted. To my surprise, I was able to fit the boxed machine into my Ford Focus wagon. Everything tested perfectly with the machine and I made just a few tweaks to the coil settings, but the game immediately played smoothly and fast. I was delighted to find the mylar sheet, spare plastics and decal, and the RZ key fob. My initial impressions are that I'm very impressed with the artwork and build quality of this game, and the location owner's only negative comment was that he wished the GI was brighter to show off more of the awesome playfield art. Looking forward to getting to know this game well in the coming months and see how it does on location. Thank you spooky! A few pix follow.

Slide1_(resized).JPGSlide1_(resized).JPG

Slide2_(resized).JPGSlide2_(resized).JPG

Slide3_(resized).JPGSlide3_(resized).JPG

Slide4_(resized).JPGSlide4_(resized).JPG

Slide5_(resized).JPGSlide5_(resized).JPG

Slide6_(resized).JPGSlide6_(resized).JPG

Slide7_(resized).JPGSlide7_(resized).JPG

Slide8_(resized).JPGSlide8_(resized).JPG

Slide9_(resized).JPGSlide9_(resized).JPG

Slide10_(resized).JPGSlide10_(resized).JPG

Slide11_(resized).JPGSlide11_(resized).JPG

Slide12_(resized).JPGSlide12_(resized).JPG

Slide13_(resized).JPGSlide13_(resized).JPG

#5780 7 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Looks like you had to squeeze that into your car

Sure did. I've moved plenty of pins in my wagon, but never one in the box!

#5785 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have that same kind of Ford Focus. It can fit things even larger cars can't thanks to the the very square tailgate opening.

One more reason that Ben Heck rocks--he's got the world's best station wagon. They don't make 'em like that anymore . . .

#5790 7 years ago

Just updated to version 11 with no issues. Two things (perhaps obvious) worth noting. One: you must format the card every time you update--Charlie says that they've had 4 instances of failure out of about 70 games updated, and in every instance, it was because of not formatting the card. Two: Updates send the games back to default settings, so after updating you must redo your settings.

2 weeks later
#5898 7 years ago

Nice. Three beauties in a row!

2 weeks later
#6102 7 years ago

Just checked the audits on my routed RZ. 253 games played in the last month. The only issue has been a ball getting stuck under a sling, which I fixed by dialing back the slings to 4 and replacing the sling rubber with the next size down. A marvelous game.

#6106 7 years ago

It's 75 cents a game, but it has completion at the same location that includes LOTR, SS, WOZ, TWD, and Metallica. All the games are 75 cents but WOZ, which is a buck.

4 weeks later
#6374 7 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Have any of you guys put your RZ on location? I've never routed a boutique pin before and I'm not sure it's a good idea. I could use some feedback.
Is RZ earning well? As well as the other top dogs such as Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, etc?
Has it been mechanically reliable?
Is the code far enough along and not too buggy?
Are you dealing with many lost or stuck balls, resets, flakey switches, or other problems?
I'd love to put one out there and share it, but not at the expense of excessive technician calls and/or sub par earnings for a pricey (and rare) new pin. I just don't know if it will hold up, or earn, like a Stern.

It's only been two months, but so far RZ is earning about the same as the other 5 pins at the same location, and its only service needs have been very minor. Had to remove a ball that got stuck under a sling (I dialed back the coil strength and put a tighter rubber on the sling) and had to tighten up a flipper assembly that came loose, but that's it. Other than the sling mentioned above, no ball sticks. No code issues at all, and just updated to V. 14. Comparing the build quality to AMH, I'd say it's definitely better.

1 week later
#6417 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

None related to any code talk - after seeing this years Expo I'm kind of glad I stuck with getting RZ. Mine will be shipping at the end of the month.

Glad to hear your RZ will be arriving soon, Habo. It will be a great addition to your awesome collection. I'm really enjoying my routed one--it's holding up beautifully--and the gameplay is challenging. My favorite callouts are those by Sid and Sheri. Enjoy!

1 week later
#6495 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm dressing up as a Spooky Pinball advertisement for our Halloween party with about 40 teenagers ready to play Rob Zombie pinball tonight

Awesome. Enjoy! I did a Halloween outing with my AMH last year, and it was very popular.

#6496 7 years ago

Had a problem with my robot servo--which will require replacement--and Charlie as always came through quickly with support and sent me this video link detailing how to replace the robot servo. Very helpful. Spooky customer support is unmatched.

2 weeks later
#6619 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The decals do look great done that way, but what happens if they need to be replaced?

I can't speak for RZ decals, but I did some decal replacement on AMH and it was a breeze--mainly because the cabinet under the decal was laminated, so the decal really was a peel and stick job.

1 week later
#6661 7 years ago

My routed RZ was down briefly after a robot servo issue, but thanks to Charlie sending a new part and his below helpful video about replacing the robot servo, the machine is earnin' and rockin' again. Thank you, Charlie!

#6664 7 years ago

Great picture, Habo--something tells me you took this in person . . .

#6667 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I can only hope I'm still upright at Sids age Joe!
RZ 154 now in the house for Herg (who's keeping track). Took the day off to pick it up and play
Initial impressions are positive after putting in 15 plays or so. Its fast, crude and dark which is what I wanted. Lots and lots of bass. After readjusting the base/treble, I stuck anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass. I still need to get a grasp of the rules now and play more before the final verdict.

I thought your machine was about due. A great addition to your awesome game room. I find the ruleset to be challenging, but I really take advantage of the CHOP ballsave when necessary to ensure a long game. The ball drain callouts are my favorites. Have a blast!

1 week later
#6709 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

One near me just went on route and has what I'm assuming is the same issue. Is the new part the same or is it more substantial?

As the above comment notes, the replacement servo is the same one, because only that one will fit within the pop bumper. On reflection, I realized that what happened was that the robot came loose from the servo wheel and was "quivering" whenever it should have been turning (I noticed it but didn't pay enough attention, and thought the quivering was a "feature," which was dumb of me). By the time I realized what had happened, the robot was really loose from the servo and a screw had fallen out of it.

#6714 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Gotcha, that makes sense. I was picturing air balls lobbed at the robot breaking it or something rather than a screw coming loose. Is this the sort of thing that a new owner might want to check after a hundred or so plays? Because I'm all but standing at the end of the driveway waiting for mine... I ran right down after work as soon as I heard Jay had his out.

Enjoy your game when it arrives. I think the only reason to worry about the robot is if you see it not turning properly during game play or not turning at all. And if you see it "quivering" rather than turning--as mine was--then investigate. If there is a robot problem, the video hyperlinked earlier in this thread is extremely helpful if you have to do any maintenance or replacement.

2 weeks later
#6886 7 years ago

Love the chase lights idea.

2 months later
#7568 7 years ago

After an attempted code update that I screwed up, causing the game to not run, Charlie saved me by sending me the "bail out of hell" option, which worked beautifully. The routed game is cussing at the customers once again. Thanks, Spooky!

#7571 7 years ago

The details of my failed code update are that I failed to copy over all of the files onto the SD card (I left some out of the process)--i.e., I didn't pay close enough attention to the game support instructions provided on the spooky site. As to the "bail out of hell" option, I guess I shouldn't share that in case it's reserved for emergencies. I wouldn't want to give out the wrong advice. My sense is that it's just for an emergency when the code update has failed, and it still requires a correct SD card.

2 years later
#10479 4 years ago

My routed RZ was having display problems, so I wrote Charlie an email and he responded immediately with some troubleshooting tips. When those didn't work he told me to send him the display board, and it was repaired in a day by way of a reflashed AV chip. As always, spooky provides superb responsiveness, great tech support, and genuine kindness. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=JOESCHALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.