sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GhostThruster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7880 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

I've put in the UV kit. For my tastes it was a little too over powering so I have put electrical tape over some of the lights just to soften it a bit. It really brings out the lightning on the right side of the play-field. Robs head looks pretty cool in the softened purple glow. Also the strip above Spaulding needs to be softened as it overpowers the RGB. With a few simple tweeks its pretty cool though. Plus sometimes as a change I remove the one simple power connector and play without it just for the original factory feel

Mind taking a picture? I'd love to see this.

#7883 6 years ago

What is the general consensus on RZ and TWD? I've currently got TWD Pro but have been toying with the idea of selling it to buy RZ. I've played RZ only one time so not enough to really get a good feel for it. Figured I'd ask here seeing as I've gone through the thread and there are quite a few people with both in here.

#7886 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Both totally different games.
Like comparing chalk and cheese.
TWD is now one of the better coded machines ever made. Lots of competitive players call it their favourite game.
RZ is Black Hole on Steroids, with modern modes.
Both games will whoop your ass.
I have them next to each other, they complement each other nicely.
rd

Right now I've got TWD next to GB and although they are much different, they both have the Stern feel (obviously). That's kind of why I was looking at the Spooky machine.

TWD is a great game undoubtedly but next to Ghostbusters, it always comes 2nd when I go to play a game. I don't know if any of that makes sense haha but I'd like to have two wildly different games that I go to play for different reasons. Maybe I won't find that or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

#7889 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My RZ isn't even completed yet and it's killing me. Supposed to be finished end of April to early May. I think the wait is literally killing me

How long ago did you order it?

#7959 6 years ago

I have the opportunity to pick up the base model of this game and wanted to hear from those who've had it awhile. I'll start by saying I've only played one game of RZ so I don't have any relevant experience with it.

I own a GB Premium and TWD Pro and I've been told comparing RZ to either of those is apples and oranges (with the exception of they are all really tough games). I'm excited to get something new and different but before I pull the trigger, I was hoping I could get some input from those who've had it awhile.

I love the theme/audio/visuals of GB but could do without the linear ladder gameplay and strict reliance on the 6x multiplier to get anywhere on my leaderboard. I'm not crazy about the art or sounds on TWD, but the gameplay keeps me coming back for more with all of the different ways to tackle it.

In respect to those aspects above, how would you describe RZ? Do you plan on keeping it? Do you regret your purchase? Do you think it will hold value or even increase?

If I can make up my mind, I could have it as soon as 6 hours from now!

#7966 6 years ago

Just left a pretty awesome shop..

With #262!

IMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 week later
#8029 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Don't forgot to allow living dead girl to always show on adult mode,so dissopionted when the cat shows up.

American Witch mode?

#8039 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Everyone once in awhile I'll hit start twice when I only mean to start a single player game. Is there a way to drop players from a multiplayer game before you start?

If there is, I haven't found it.

What I did was lower the reset game timer and just hold down the Start button when I accidently add too many players. It will just take you back to the attract screen to start over. It also helps to get rid of the Match option when at home, I find that screen takes up too much time between games.

#8042 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Go into Game Setting and turn off "allow match"

Yeah that is what I did and it has sped the game up quite a bit for me.

1 week later
#8127 6 years ago

Anybody have any general tips on this game? I've had it for a few weeks now and it is difficult for me to even make the left orbit to start modes.. let alone finish them once I do start them.

#8130 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

When I got mine I found the flippers to be pointed up a little to much for my liking which made the left orbit extremely hard to hit with enough power. I straightened out the flipper bats to a more B/W setup and the left orbit is still not an easy shot but it's a ton easier to make. I can usually start 4-5 modes and at least complete 2-3 each game now.

I may need to try this, thanks for your suggestion.

#8150 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

When I got mine I found the flippers to be pointed up a little to much for my liking which made the left orbit extremely hard to hit with enough power. I straightened out the flipper bats to a more B/W setup and the left orbit is still not an easy shot but it's a ton easier to make. I can usually start 4-5 modes and at least complete 2-3 each game now.

So I did this and it has helped a ton. Still a tough shot but I now feel like it isn't impossible. Thanks!

#8152 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What I'd suggest ...
Take the glass off.
Start a game.
Grab the ball.
Cradle it on your right flipper.
Shoot for the left orbit over and over again. Just practice the shot over and over till you can make it consistently.
Pinball is no different to baseball or football. You gotta practice to get better.
Machines like RZ and XMen (tight shots) will make you a better player long term.
rd

I'm pretty new to pinball but I feel like I'm getting consistently better every day. I'll definitely give this a try.

#8178 6 years ago

Took me a solid couple of minutes to find my missing ball.. I lost one somewhere during a 4 ball MB.

First time for everything right?

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

image2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPG

#8181 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Time to change your sling rubber too my friend. She's about to go snap! I put the red translucent on, they look great!

Really? I've only had the game for about a month. Does it go through rubbers that quick?

I have noticed my left flipper rubber is starting to get pretty chewed up too.

#8185 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Just got word that my Rob Zombie shipped. I'm quite excited to say the least.
Since i'm a newbie I was wondering if anyone had instructions on setting this up once I got it. Does it come with assembly instructions? I know it sounds stupid but everyone's knowledge on a topic has to start somewhere and I knew you were the people to ask.
Thanks in advance.

I'm fairly certain there are instructions but I don't believe the setup of this game is different from any other. There are lots of resources on setting up a new game and Stern put out like a 14 part video on Youtube of first time setup - from unboxing, to leveling, to testing.

I recommend you check it out, lots of useful information in there.

2 weeks later
#8368 6 years ago

So on the new v20 beta, what are the timers counting down on the normal score screen?

Jack Danger streamed tonight and I saw it here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148137069

The owner was saying something about lightning?

#8411 6 years ago

Hey Spooky folks.. you should make a Rocky Horror Picture Show!

SpookyCharlie SpookyKT

#8421 6 years ago

Pretty excited for the mode dedicated to boobs.. "Pop the tops"

2 weeks later
#8497 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Does anyone else get marking on their
Playfield from the balls. Happens everywhere the ball repeatedly goes. Is this normal?

Ball trails are normal. When I start to get them I give the playfield a wax and they usually stop. You can clean them too. There are a few threads going over playfield waxing and cleaning. The Buffalo Pinball guys have a great video tutorial on their YouTube channel too. Vid has a huge text write up on different products here on Pinside as well.

1 week later
#8570 6 years ago

V20 may be released tonight.

spookyv20 (resized).JPGspookyv20 (resized).JPG

#8582 6 years ago

Eagerly refreshing page..

#8591 6 years ago

Anyone else have this issue? When I shoot mode VUK, I can select modes with flipper and there is the audio but there is no DMD display telling me what I'm doing. It just shows the main score image instead of Mode Select image.

I have adult video and audio turned on as well as infected modes.

EDIT: I turned off Infection Modes and now I can see the Mode Select images. Must be a bug. FawzmaGames

#8597 6 years ago

Another issue I've had is where I shoot mode start and ball will just sit in VUK until ball search. No mode start or anything. Only way I've been able to resolve it is by turning the game off and back on.

Even with the bugs, this update is sooo good. Totally new experience. Love the new Super Pops!

Anyone figure out how to build the robot army and what exactly it does? I've managed to build it once by seemingly hitting unlit orbits and then it lit the extra ball. All the new modes are a lot of fun. I am a big fan of demonoid change and the updated displays during modes.

#8609 6 years ago

Ok I missed this step. I had copied directly from downloaded folder onto SD card. Out of town now but will report back once I redo it.

#8673 6 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

I have a question for all. I like good quality sound and I'm interested to hear what audio settings people have to get what they feel is the best sound for their machine. Also those that may have subs, like the Polk PSW10. I still don't think I'm getting as good of sound quality and balance out of it as I should.
Also, if there are any that have swapped out amps I'm curious to know what people have gotten and why.
Thanks and this version has already made me appreciate this pin even more.

I'll second this. I can't seem to get the sound quite right so would like to hear others settings on that box inside the cab.

#8706 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I got it sounding really nice. Try:
Left little knob (bass/sub volume) - set to your desired BASS volume level.. game may sound muffled til you complete rest of adjustments; that is fine.
Right little knob (bass/sub crossover) - turn up (clockwise) for low volume levels, turn down for high volume levels. Too much low end shakes the cab badly if you crank the volume.
Left big knob (treble) - set all way up (clockwise) for clear backbox sound (but you can hear a little artifacting in the audio)
Middle big knob (backbox bass) - set pretty far up for full-range sound from backbox.. back it off a bit if you really crank the backbox volume so they don't get too much bass.
Right big knob (backbox volume) - set high enough to balance against the left little knob (bass/sub volume). Readjust bass (1st step) if needed.
In the game, set the SFX around 80% and the music around 60%... I like the music loud, but too loud drowns out some of the quotes. Adjust to your liking after playtesting.

Big help! Thank you, it sounds much better now

#8708 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've just updated to today's patch to v20 (07.02) (Thanks for your dedication Fawzma!) I only have a few games on the upgraded code, but my scores have taken a bit of a dive. Am I correct in thinking that you can no longer advance Murder Ride by hitting the 2 target while Living Dead Girl is active?
Another question: I can't understand the new call out that starts "move your..." It sounds like it might be truck. Is that right? I know it's a tip to Creature, but it sure seems to play an awful lot. What prompts it?
Many thanks to Spooky and company for all of their efforts. I look forward to exploring the new RZ in detail.

I believe it says "move your bra" on adult mode.

#8739 6 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Been gone and just now loaded V20. Played two games and just sound alone much improved. LDG much better now. An extended black screen after first super jackpot. Anyone else have that??
In past codes hold left flipper and start button during start was adult mode. Has this changed?
#142 here feels like he had a new game

I've had this happen. I wasn't sure what triggered the extended black screen but I did get a couple Super Jackpots in the game I noticed it. Thought something was broken at first until it came back with the visuals.

1 week later
#8828 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to Tim at Tim's Pinball Mods. I threw in his RHPL Arrow Mod and it is a great addition! After I installed it, the mast had snapped when putting the PF back in the cab and he shipped me a new one, no questions asked. Great seller and the mod is highly recommended.

Note: the sign looks washed out in photos but in person you can see it clearly

IMG_1864 (resized).JPGIMG_1864 (resized).JPG

IMG_1868 (resized).JPGIMG_1868 (resized).JPG

IMG_1866 (resized).JPGIMG_1866 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#9007 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

version 21 is bug fixes + hellbound
Thing I need to add still
Implement the new score system
Needs more light/sfx drama

Will the robots be in 21 or after?

#9017 6 years ago

FawzmaGames Is there a patch notes list like you had for v20? I know you said mostly bug fixes but you also mentioned the robot stuff being added and something about Hellbound. Curious as to all the fixes and changes.

Edit: found the list on FB

Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly

Fixed - AV now at V008, random read error

Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine

Fixed - mode select now works when using infected mode

Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist

Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.

Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.

Update - servo adjustments going down would roll to 255 instead of 12

Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1

Update - upper flippers will be forced off anytime they aren't needed

Update - Save light forced off after collecting 500 corpse in 1000c

Update - Balls search on start up kicks ball from lane instantly

Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

#9061 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Ok. I'm either seeing a bug or have something odd going on. Sometimes when playing, the lock lights and cross lights just go dark. Then it seems like a mode changes and they start working again.
On another note. I saw where during living dead girl if I get the bonus going by shooting the upper playfield the bonus lights continue to Flash after the mode has ended. Is the bonus supposed to continue???
I had one double feed into the trough on ball three of a game after I noticed the light issue above. Only one I've seen and I've been playing a bunch.

I also had the lock lights go out the other night. Thought something was broken at first but then they turned back on. I can't recall what modes I was in or had just started but that seemed to be the cause (overlapping modes?)

1 week later
#9135 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I just got my apron mod in the mail, may be able to get it installed tonight. Depends on how much my other new toy sucks me in...

Make sure to get some good footage of it in action. I don't think we've seen any detailed film so far.

1 week later
#9192 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Dragula is the easy mode version of superbeast.
In superbeast you are forced to avoid any of the targets. One wrong move and you need to regain control.

You know how there is a secret shot for Superbeast to complete the mode instead of hitting the ramp, do you have plans for any other modes to include a similar shot? I'm not sure I'll ever be able to complete American Witch haha - that right orbit is pure evil.

1 week later
#9226 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V21 is being moved out of beta. If you have the apron mod and didn't use the latest beta, v21 fixes the mode/drain freeze issue.
The next version to come will be dedicated to an "instant info" type screen when you hold the flippers. I finally have a system worked out that doesn't screw everything up.
RZ UPDATE V21 - 8/31/2017
Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly
Fixed - AV now at V008, random read error
Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine
Fixed - mode select now works when using infected mode
Fixed - LDG gets progressively harder after getting to the 4th round
Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist
Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.
Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.
Update - servo adjustments going down would roll to 255 instead of 12
Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1
Update - upper flippers will be forced off anytime they aren't needed
Update - Save light forced off after collecting 500 corpse in 1000c
Update - Balls search on start up kicks ball from lane instantly
Updated - "move your bra" removed. only uses "pop your top".
Updated - Robot now moves in ball search
Updated - Lightning mode strobes left orbit instead of blinking the hurryup
Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

Is it just the “move your bra” callout or the visuals too?

#9254 6 years ago

FawzmaGames did you revert the change during Multiball to be able to collect Murder Ride letters?

In v19, I could be in Multiball and complete the Murder Ride pretty regularly but since v20, you no longer get letters when you are in Multiball.

1 month later
#9397 6 years ago

Any bugs with this code so far? I'm still on v20 and didn't go to 21 due to the double eject stuff.

3 weeks later
#9519 6 years ago

My ramp switch stopped registering hits last night. Anybody have the part number so I can order a new one?

1 week later
#9562 6 years ago

Wow, that looks crazy. Definitely interested.

#9567 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

$6.66 shipping.

I see what you did there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 20.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GhostThruster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=GhostThruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.