image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dutts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7174 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I have started the What mode a number of times and when Spaulding moves over and the ball goes in the hole and falls to the playfield, it doesn't start multi-ball. Is there something about the mode that I am missing? (e.g. do I have to shoot the ramp or the left inner loop, etc before the multi ball starts?)

Had done the same for me a few times. Was just a switch not engaging.

#7188 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Hi everyone
My RZ pinball is on the way soon and I'm super excited. I signed up for all the mods straight from the factory, and I already have the laseriffic topper waiting here at home. Wanted to know if anyone had come up with any other mods beside the aforementioned factory direct ones and these:
RGB interactive Lockdown Bar
Pingulps
Pinblades (does anyone have video or photos of the pinblades installed in their RZ?)
Mezel Mods TV (bloody)
Also - I want to keep this thing in mint condition. Short of not playing it, what do I need to do? Cliffys? What else? Any protective measures I can take, I'd like to.
Finally - where does everyone get that special non-glare glass?
Thanks for helping me out with my first home machine.
-Creech

UV GI lighting is a good purchase just looks bad in photos but great in person. I installed the game blades and they make the machine pop a lot more than just black sides but I would prefer mirror blades but couldn't get them delivered to Australia.
Also regarding condition dont sweat it too much, just enjoy the machine. The more you stress about it staying mint the less you'll rock out and have fun with it. Clean it regularly and change balls regularly.

#7192 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Which # are you? I just got the email from KT a few days ago, #216 here and I'm super stoked. I did the plastics and toy light kit upgrade, got a few things on the side, not sure if I should get a shaker or not, I remember playing AMH and it felt like there was a shaker in the game when the sound was turned up, and this has an even bigger sub, so maybe I don't need it.

I held off on a shaker to see if the comments were true that it already shakes from the sub woofer. The rumours were true!
Play it a while first, see what you think before committing.

#7215 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

RZ #181 was ready on 12/27/16, which looks to coincide with the information you have about #189. I just figured I would put it out there.
Brad

I received #207 2 weeks go.

#7247 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm almost positive it's 16AWG.
Has anyone else noticed a lot more shooter lane switch errors on the latest code?

Yep, have had it 4 times in 2 weeks.

#7256 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

OK, found another bug that I felt needs mentioning. While playing a two player game, I was player two and on ball 3. I had decided to just go after WHAT! mode (we were only playing for modes, not points). Played it several times in a row (not completing the first times). I think I completed it on the final pass but not sure.
Anyhow, saw a graphic that made me think the game was rebooting, however I stayed in my game and the player 1 score appeared to be zero'd out. We grabbed a quick pic of it. I was able to finish my third ball and then the final scores were displayed and player 1 actually had a score. Not sure if this is related to playing WHAT! over and over, complete coincidence or...
As for scoring tweaks, it seems like if I want big scores, all I do is go after the Add-a-Ball mode (and 1000 corpse multiball). Personally I think the add-a-ball mode should not be able to restart once it is completed unless you complete some other objective. There seems to be very little incentive to go after the other modes if you want the biggest point scores. Perhaps the bonuses for progressing through and also completing modes need to be higher.
Often with friends we play some games for big points which means we end up almost shooting at the add-a-ball exclusively or we play to complete the most modes. It's two very different games at that point.

I agree in regards to LDG. Once it is complete it should not restart without qualifying something else first or the number of hits to restart it should increase dramatically. Also completing Murder Ride there isnt much value or a sense that it will progress you in the game, It also something just keeps repeating almost pointlessly. Modes are a lot of fun, HO1KC is a bit of a grind and not that satisfying when you get there. I just think there should be a bit more fanfare for getting achievements like that you know? Special animation/music callouts. Ideally wants you reach 999 it would stop counting and the final corpse would have to be qualified by hitting passed the drop target shot again, where at least the ball can be held by the post while you enjoy having completed the mode for a few seconds.
Anyway as it stands this game really is a shitload of fun and I look forward to all future updates. Well done Spooky!

#7292 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Running V18:
When you have balls locked, the lock light(1,2,3) only illuminates when drop target is in down position. Would be nice to have those lock lights illuminate accordingly no matter drop position. Also, when drop target is in down position and living dead girl mode is entered, the drop target pops back up once living dead girl mode is finished instead of leaving where it left off upon entering mode. Not sure if these things are by design or a bug?

This is an issue they're aware of, so we should expect a fix in the next few updates.

#7294 7 years ago

A new PB

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7301 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Received my blades from pinball side mirrors. I notice they do not fully cover due to stepped cut out in back. Is this what others have as well? Trying to see if I did not get correct ones. Have not heard back from PSM yet. Here's pic.

That's not too bad. I bought the official pinblades and believe me they are far from custom fit. At least mine could be trimmed somewhat I suppose. I wanted to get the mirror blades but after sending 4 emails regarding international shipping with no reply I gave up and got pinblades instead. All I can say is, whilst we have both bought products that aren't exactly a perfect fit....it's far better than black sides.

#7308 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I didn't realize the"official" ones were available yet... are these from Spooky or the ones from Tilt?

Yep from Tilt.

#7309 7 years ago

Just realised yesterday that you can achieve HO1KC twice in one ball. You just need to hit the drop target twice each time to qualify lock the second time around. Had no idea this was implemented, so cool. Have racked up nearly 500 games in the last 3 weeks and haven't lost my lust for it yet. Starting to pull off orbit shots more often when it counts but over all still hard as HELL!.. But fun as F#$K!

#7322 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just noticing that if you are in a mode such as Dead city Radio, and you trap the ball, all the "indicator" lights go off. If you are just learning the rules, can be off-putting. Happens with most ball traps too. Is it necessary?

Agreed, very off putting.

#7358 7 years ago

Finally got Ho1KC in the one go. Apart from giving a nice score not as satisfying as it could be. It really should let you know you've hit 1000 also mode probably should move on once you've achieved it. Not much point in collecting 1200 corpses. DP is probably the best bang for your buck mode generally paying out 20-25mil.

20170218_135404 (resized).jpg20170218_135404 (resized).jpg

#7359 7 years ago

Not a bad ball 1. 4 major and 2 sub modes completed. Please dont ask about my next 2 balls however.

20170218_143948 (resized).jpg20170218_143948 (resized).jpg

#7361 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I wouldn't quite say that. Eventually there will be a corpse collected score table.

Cool. Thank you for all the hard work and am looking forward to experiencing the code mature.

#7369 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

That backglass reflection though! lol

Ha ha, That's the wonderful Bill Bailey. I was watching QI

1 week later
#7453 7 years ago

twitch.tv/melbournesilverballleague
For those interested some Rob Zombie game play streamed out of my room. All first time players of the game and everyone loved it and had a lot of fun.
This game really does work well as a multi player, packing in plenty of great fun challenging game play and a lot of laughs.

#7470 7 years ago

Has anyone ever tried the Fire effect LED? Might look good under the slingshots/ pop caps

#7472 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What are those? Comet?

Yep

#7473 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I have used those from PBL in the past and I think they would work on Spooky games. However, in this case, I used those from my new favorite LED provider, CometPinball. They are not only less expensive, they offer "matrix" plug n play for "easy installation". I totally hacked apart the connectors to make them more efficient (less wire) and I used a much smaller wire which is easier to conceal (nobody likes a wire mess, and the folks at spooky did a great job dressing the wires in RZ). I used the red LED star posts to create a deeper tone of red on the pf. I did not want a "super bright" playfield.
FYI, for those who like to "mix it up", substitute warm-white 4-smd leds in the smaller round inserts. Because the inserts are multi-color, the warm white has an interesting effect on the insert colors as well as the overall look of the pf. The "chop" inserts really show with warm-white. As always, leds are personal preference...I just wanted to share my experience.

I couldn't see star post led's on Comet website. Do they go by a different name?

#7494 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Yes on the sub, that will fix your glass rattle.

Can you recommend a descent sub to use?

#7495 7 years ago

Decided this game is so kick arse that I will splash out and get the shaker motor. Really hanging for scoring to be evened out and jackpots to be displayed. This will be a killer game once code is finished so much so that I feel it will become quite sought after, as it just plays so differently to all modern games.

#7498 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I bought a shaker and returned it. Turn up the sub and it shakes plenty already.

The shake of the sub isn't really cutting it for me. I know how good a real shaker feels and the sub definitely does not substitute. Plus I will more than likely put in an external sub and maybe new amp. I having trouble with the amp, left channel always cuts out even after trouble shooting all cables, soldier and connections.

#7500 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good choice. Get the knocker too! Pinball Life has both.

Yeah, got it...Loud sucker!

#7533 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I was one switch away from Hellbound the other day, not even a hard switch, the right inner orbit. Story of my life....
Also want to say a HUGE thank you to Charlie and Fawzma. I have had a few small issues and they both have been very responsive and helpful and got my game going in a minimal amount of time. Seriously some of the best guys in the business.

Great effort! Your heart must of sunk though?

#7543 7 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

Got my custom shooter rod installed - looks amazing.

looks GREAT!. One off, or can we purchase somewhere. Not a fan of big moulded heads on shooter rods, they look good but feel awful when you plunge, this would be sweet though.

#7564 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I have the Auto stuff turned off, and Adult Video and Adult Audio ON. I still randomly get the Cat during American Witch.

I asked Fawzma about that. He said its set to alternate for a bit of variety

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7589 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the ball search to a longer delay? Sometimes I'll drop the HO1K drop target and then get the ball under control. I'm lining up my shot and then the ball search goes and resets the target....Kind of annoying.

Agreed, seems to have only started in Version 19. I guess they'll program it out in 20? Also LDG seems to play up a bit in new code. quite often adds more balls than it should be.

#7590 7 years ago

Added a shaker motor over the weekend, great stuff! Just makes the game feel even more brutal and responsive.. Love it!

#7594 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can increase it a few seconds.. 8-10 is where its at now, but you can hold one of the flippers and it will kill the ballsearch after 3-4 seconds

Unfortunately the way ball search is currently, 'does' negatively impact on the game. If you cradle a ball to line up a shot it goes into ball search. I implore you that this is something that must be fixed. As stated by another owner he cradles ready to shoot HooC and the target goes back up because of ball search. It definitely isn't 8 to 10 seconds at the moment and ball search while cradling just shouldn't be.
Cheers David i trust you'll get it sorted in due course.

#7597 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pseudo-code:
if (player holding button AND end of stroke switch closed) { //Is player is cradling the ball?
don't do ball search;
}

Sounds good, cheers.

#7607 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

#239! Seamless delivery and setup. Can't wait for the kids to go to sleep so I can fire it up in all it's glory.

You're going to love it'. An absolute arse kicker.. but in a good way.

#7615 7 years ago

Red speaker grills and chrome trim. I like it. A very cheap mod.

20170318_153245 (resized).jpg20170318_153245 (resized).jpg

20170318_153143 (resized).jpg20170318_153143 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7813 7 years ago

Great mod, very happy with the quality work Modelvisionary Thanks

20170409_151750 (resized).jpg20170409_151750 (resized).jpg

#7859 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This and the corpse lock lights will be fixed before v20 comes out

When will we see V20? Will it be ready for long Easter weekend? No pressure

#7879 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I would agree in the few number of games that I've played that LDG is quite easy to start. Maybe the first time could be just hitting the stand ups the required amount of times.
Maybe to restart it again raise the number of hits to the stand ups which would light LDG but wouldn't start unless you shoot the right orbit. That would certainly add some difficulty to it!
As a side note when upgrading the lighting what are the opinions of the pinstadium kit vs. the pinball refinery UV kit?

I've put in the UV kit. For my tastes it was a little too over powering so I have put electrical tape over some of the lights just to soften it a bit. It really brings out the lightning on the right side of the play-field. Robs head looks pretty cool in the softened purple glow. Also the strip above Spaulding needs to be softened as it overpowers the RGB. With a few simple tweeks its pretty cool though. Plus sometimes as a change I remove the one simple power connector and play without it just for the original factory feel

#7881 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Mind taking a picture? I'd love to see this.

The problem being the UV looks lousy in photos, really really doesn't do it justice. i'll post some anyway but its a case of you really have to be there.

#7963 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I find that a number of times that I shoot the left orbit it misses the mode hole. Is this a common problem?

Yes. With time and practice you get the feel for it but definitely one of those shots that only take a couple of days of non play and you lose feel for it. Same with right orbit.

#7978 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I thought I read somewhere that you are supposed to be able to "dirty pool" the H1KC lane for a lock without knocking down the drop target? Is this true? I seem to squeeze the ball behind the target all the time but never get a ball lock for it.
Also, is it normal to get a "double kick" to serve a ball to the shooter lane? I often hear what sounds like the ball being served to the shooter lane, only to get the ball served a second or so later. Is my trough misfiring or is serving a ball some 2-stage process different from all my other games?

H1KC lock needs to be qualified first so that when the target goes back up (and it will usually cos of ball search or LDG) you can then sneak past the target and lock the ball. Ball trough kicker did the same for me so I changed the strength in settings and it fixed it.

#7981 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So you're saying if you drop the target, but then the target gets reset before hitting the shot behind it, you can sneak past it for a lock? If so, does this carry over from ball to ball? If I hit the drop and then drain, the target resets. Can I get a lock by sneaking by on the next ball?
I just don't ever remember being awarded a lock unless the target was currently down.

Yes it carries over

#7982 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been thinking how this game may develop based on what is already in this thread.
1. Mini-wizard mode ( awesome ).
2. More call outs.
3. Hellbound polished.
4. Infection.
In addition think these next 2 things would be excellent.
5. Stacking - as discussed.
6. Using the p/f multiplier to blow up the jackpots and super jackpots - this kind of thing is what made AC/DC and TWD. It's just a real blast getting a huge jackpot when tied in to multipliers. And there is 10 X on the p/f
These additions would take this game over the top.
Keep up the good work team Spooky and David

All great suggestions. Also completing H1KC needs way more fanfare it's such a let down to look up and see you've actually done it and you kind of think ' awe that's it?' With no audio/ visual cue or stimuli very underwhelming. Needs to to be balls out in your face House of 1000 F$&*ing Corpses!!!

#7993 7 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I just had to rotate my flipper rubbers because the tips were getting chewed up. I've got less than 200 plays on the game. Is this typical? It's my first go with silicone type bands, so I don't really know what the expected wear pattern is. All my other machines use traditional rubber. It's not a big deal. I'm going to put in an order with Pinball Life, anyway. I just wanted to know if this was abnormal.
Thanks.

Yeah mine were chewed up in less plays than that! Slings snapped! Have put the red translucent on all the slings now and regular black rubber on the flippers.

#8004 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Need favor ladies and gents:
Can someone please go into switch test mode with audio on and touch the shooter lane switch and tell me if the Ben voice announces that switch ?
I'm getting : "have operator check shooter lane switch" warnings during gameplay and multiball aren't working properly . But the shooter lane switch seems to be working well during test although it doesn't get an audio callout. Nor do the ball trough switches get an audio callout.
Thanks in advance.

Its probably your gas lane switch diode on the upper play-field. Was the cause for myself and many others. Get needle nose pliers and pinch the diode connectors/legs so as they are not touching any other metal. Hope this will help.

#8046 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is anyone actually able to hit the Gasoline switch? I literally think I've rolled over that switch once. I have removed my upper playfield before, so did I maybe not align the upper flipper properly? Did I read someone say you should be able to cradle the ball up there? If so, my alignment is definitely off.
Along this line, it makes Demonoid very frustrating. Are there any plans to add an ability to spot remaining shots? The Gas switch is always the last one left, and sometimes I'll be down to only the blue target(s) and the Gas target, neither of which I feel I can hit purposefully. I'm pretty sure you can't hit the blue targets directly, but the ball bounces around up there enough that they generally get hit. Regardless, it makes the end of Demonoid very ungratifying when all I have left to "shoot for" are a couple lucky bounces. Until the last couple switches, Demonoid is probably my favorite mode, but I'm sick of shooting left orbit>fail upper playfield>shoot left orbit>fail upper playfield until the time runs out.

Yeah its very doable, you just need to smack it as soon as it hits your flipper I'd say I would get it 3 out of 5 times

1 week later
#8154 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What I'd suggest ...
Take the glass off.
Start a game.
Grab the ball.
Cradle it on your right flipper.
Shoot for the left orbit over and over again. Just practice the shot over and over till you can make it consistently.
Pinball is no different to baseball or football. You gotta practice to get better.
Machines like RZ and XMen (tight shots) will make you a better player long term.
rd

Exactly right RD, you gotta practice.

#8180 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Took me a solid couple of minutes to find my missing ball.. I lost one somewhere during a 4 ball MB.
First time for everything right?

Time to change your sling rubber too my friend. She's about to go snap! I put the red translucent on, they look great!

1 week later
#8271 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Testing now! It's getting close. Have to report back over weekend. Loaded ok, infected mode worked fine(only had once so far) new call outs and other stuff cool(not going to spoil anything lol). Off to do more testing.

True some great new sound effects, call outs etc. Have been playing this solidly for 2 days now but....and its a big but! Scoring is still in the dark ages compared to any other dmd game. For me I can forgo any new call outs, for now the game needs to realise it's objectives and scoring potential much much better. Sorry to say still no sweet shot that earns you big points or an edge of your seat hurry up. So long way to go but as always thanks Fawzma for working incredibly hard on RZ and for continuing to do so.

1 week later
#8371 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What points is that worth?
rd

Only 250K

1 week later
#8436 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

So what's the trick to hitting the left orbit? I have a hell of a time with it for some reason. I hit it sometimes but i feel like it's more luck then a strategy.

Practice , practice, practice also nice clean play field. I've been cleaning mine weekly/bi weekly(Mr Sheen) and hit the left orbit 9 out of 10. Right orbit maybe 6 out of 10. This games shots (orbits at least) don't become second nature as quickly as a Stern, but it will happen.

2 weeks later
#8516 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Any tips for getting a game to post pass better? I really want my RZ to have a crisp post pass given how much you can be punched for missing shots and right now mine does this goofy lob it up and then bounce it over thing. Flipper strength? Rubbers?

Mine wont post pass at all. I either alley pass or use ramp to transfer

1 week later
#8726 6 years ago

All in all code is pretty darn, bloody good.
Pussy liquor off the ramp is great didn't seem to do anything when I achieved GOOBER though. But at least it encourages going for right orbit more.
Extra sound effects are awesome and score animations have improved. LDG is also fantastic!
A negative I must comment on though is the headphone girl ABSOLUTELY AWFUL cringe worthy and out of keeping with the theme and over all style of the game I personally can not stand this cheap headphones advert style green screen animation. I implore all involved to replace it with something cool and befitting of the games horror theme.
Also move your bra was passed its welcome half hour into playing the game.
Great job all round the game is now ALIVE!!!
Thanks to all at Spooky.

1 week later
#8816 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I thought the spooky minute was at midnight?

Its at midnight based on the games time setting. If you haven't reset the clock to your neck of the woods, then it will be out of whack.

2 weeks later
#8920 6 years ago

every time i play video mode it causes a bug where the you cant chose next mode straight away, original music wont come back(8 bit track stays on) you cant lock balls and you cant restart modes with left orbit. Have a lot of issues also with blank screens and ball trough issues as noted by other owners.

1 month later
#9242 6 years ago

Please release something not full of bugs for fuck sake!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 210.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dutts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tu=Dutts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.