Topic Stats

• 10,574 posts
  • 605 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200329_140945 (resized).jpg
20200522_195026 (resized).jpg
20200522_194747 (resized).jpg
20200522_182223 (resized).jpg
20200326_175349 (resized).jpg
20200329_155758 (resized).jpg
20200329_155653 (resized).jpg
20200329_155713 (resized).jpg
917E966F-AB1B-4267-BC5B-490906CAB387 (resized).jpeg
ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (3 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (3 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (3 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (3 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (2 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

In general, I'm not a fan of video modes, either. I will reserve judgement until I play them, however. A few games actually have enjoyable ones. Fish Tales is about the only one I can think of that I would miss if it was removed from the game.

BSD!

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Before this goes ape s**t, and yes... I'm a nervous wreck today, I'm going to give my one and only PS gameplay explanation. Jack Danger will be in our shop on Jan. 15th and we'll explain it fully then and along the way on our podcast.
Yes, this is at first glance VERY similar to what the original game was intended to be... it starts with 3 fast flow / control shots and opens quickly (if you don't suck) to 5 flow shots. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! It's still chaotic and random if you lose control of the ball, as I intended. There is now an auto-launch, up to 7 ball multi, with the physical ball lock gone so we can feed fast multiball action, and a hell of a lot of insanity in this configuration. Can't talk about all of what we changed / added yet... but it's far more than it appears.
I'm tired of fan layouts... it came out better than I hoped, is super hard to beat, has way more coils than AMH, and the build quality is more reliable and better all around. She's loud, vulgar (out of family mode), and bad ass fast & evil.
If this is getting ripped to shreds in 3 hours, then that's on me. Either people DO want something different game play wise, or they think they do and really don't. Time will tell. Again, if you are on the list and it doesn't look like it appeals to you... please, pass it to someone who will enjoy what it is and let it go down the list... which is VERY long.
Either way, we did our best to make this something really cool. It was an absolute dream theme for me, and I hope we did it justice.
Peace, love, and pinball people... it's only pinball.
Charlie

We're all in your corner! Good luck!

4 months later
#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Got to play RZ at pinfest today. It was fun and it well kick your ass lol Also is house of 1000 pop up target was all ways up ? Is that normal as ball would get stuck behind it.

Believe you and I played this together!

The ball was getting awkwardly stuck up behind the drop target.

I liked the movement of the ball in the game...felt, to me, very much like a smaller Black Hole. Audio was down so we couldn't really hear it...and DMD looked very dim as compared to TBL. The game has a very flat (dimensionally speaking) feeling.

Would enjoy getting some more time on this game...not sure it's ultimately one I would reach to own, but interesting nevertheless.

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yeah I would like see the display brighter but I think there going for a dark feel for game.

It was certainly on the dim side of the equaiton

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Don't know how we got the ball stuck here,but we did.

I had at least 3 bricks out of that shot where the ball went solid in...waited and then came back out. Is there a post that pops-up?

That particular shot seemed clunky on the games I played

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Yes, there is a post that rejects that shot with some cool call outs as well. It's by design. I 'think' once you open up the drop target on the left entrance it will open up that shot for flow.

Got it. The volume was down, so we couldn't hear the call outs.

2 years later
#10080 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The more you complain, the more you risk getting something you don't want.
Stern abandon code for years, having barely touched it after release. Then, frequently, when they finally issue an update, it's a slap in the face - WWE / ST etc.
People were crying incessantly about Hobbit, then got a complete game changer once Ted had the time for it .... imagine if they'd caved to the whinging, put out a couple of bug fixes much sooner and called it quits.
Fawzma is one guy, and rightly he's full time on ACNC at the moment. Spooky have nobody else. Scott's doing his own games (and sound effects for ACNC), and despite what people seem to think, Bowen is not a coder.
Everyone knows they're behind because of the switch from PinHeck to P3ROC. Just be patient.
"Good things come to those who wait."

This notion that pinball companies should be given a break for allowing a product to lag in functionality for years is utterly ridiculous.

Can you imagine if a video game was released like that - noticeably incomplete or bugs galore? Or a car?

“How’s your new car?”

“It’s pretty good, accept when I engage the right turn signal, the left signal comes on. Bluetooth doesn’t work yet. And sometimes it shuts off when I hit 65mph.”

“That sucks.”

“It’s okay. They’re working on another model right now. When they release that model next year, then they’ll come back and start to fix those problems.”

The environment that allows this silliness to exist is: (1) home collectors are crazy and impulsive. We’ve seen time and time again that the community as a whole will throw money at anything with a general disregard in completeness at launch, and (2) 99% of people that play pinball on location (a) have no idea that pinball machine have rules and (b) don’t care. And frankly, current pinball companies do zero to rectify OR encourage a change to #2.

I’ll say this: if initial sales were driven by completeness, you’d be wise to bet that Spooky would have busted its ass to get a near complete out the door with frequent software updates to address functionality issues. But, hey, this is pinball. Drop $6 or $7k on pin and wait years for the game to be complete.

#10082 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

None of you are listening still.
Because you want something, that does not make it so.
They have limited resources. That's a fact. They would be mad to divert attention from ACNC to Rob Zombie, and much less Jetsons at this moment.
Of course it would be better if they had more coders. But they don't.
You're also pretending that RZ hasn't been updated, when it's had a mass of updates since its release. I've no particular desire to play mine until stuff gets fixed / added, but screeching that it has to be done NOW won't help anybody, especially when it would be commercial suicide. They're really behind on ACNC and need to catch up.

That might be the case. But you’re not listening either.

It’s a dumb business model that only this crazy collecting community allows to exist.

Can you imagine spooky walking into a random bar and saying: buy this for $6,000. We’ll give you relatively complete code a year or so after you receive it. And if any bugs arise, we’ll take care of it at some point. Could be another year again.

It’s flawed and ridiculous. Name another multi-thousand dollar product that ships incomplete with a non-determined finish date. Oh - and if sales suck, that finish date may never happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 199.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside