image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "songs".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wait a second. This is about a comic book? Does that mean we don't have to hear Rob Zombie "music"? Or is that part of the deal?
-mof

Come on man. A) No need to insult the music when there are obviously fans here. B) The most basic reading or watching would tell you exactly what songs are in the pin, so what kind of question is that? Keep up!

#333 8 years ago

Has it been mentioned why some of the obvious songs are missing?

Thunder Kiss '65
More Human Than Human
Super Charger Heaven
Black Sunshine

Don't fit the theme? A licensing issue (Rob/White Zombie)? Builders choice?

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Thunder Kiss '65
More Human Than Human
Super Charger Heaven
Black Sunshine

Those are all White Zombie songs. I'm sure that would be an entirely different license from the one for Rob.

#337 8 years ago

Man, if this machine had White Zombie songs mixed in, I would be clawing for an LE.

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Those are all White Zombie songs. I'm sure that would be an entirely different license from Rob.

That's what I thought, but it would still be awesome to hear those songs. Come on Rob/Spooky!

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Thunder Kiss '65
More Human Than Human
Super Charger Heaven
Black Sunshine

As long as it stays open sourced like AMH you could probably add those songs in yourself.

I'm more excited for the horror aspect of the game than the music. I like the music but The Devil's Rejects is one of my favorite horror movies of all time! Never would of thought I'd ever see Captain Spaulding in a pinball machine! Hopefully they'll work Sheri Moon in as well

#400 8 years ago

I am in the interested list according to the response email I got Monday morning. No idea where but I am just glad to have a foot in th door in case this turns out to be as awesome as I am hoping.

I have a feeling the interested list will be way higher than 300 however the amount that will actually deposit the 1k will probably be lower than 300 out of the gate. Not everyone is going to convince their family that a true horror pin is coming home to roost.

For me, sending a deposit hinges on 3 things.

Artwork
Design vs Ruleset
Being able to easily swap out songs

That last one seems petty but frankly I am not a fan of Robs solo stuff as too much of it sounds the same. White Zombie has the music that is nostalgic for me and that's what I want to hear when I am playing a Zombie game. Especially some of the remix stuff.

But really, this wait is killing me.... And it's only been 3 days.

#416 8 years ago

Charlie will the songs in the pin be entire songs, half songs, or just part??

#422 8 years ago

White Zombie is a completely different license that would have compounded the difficulty, time to license, cost, # of approvals, you name it.

As for switching songs on a licensed game? Don't post about it here or put videos on YouTube, or pinHeck will no longer be open-source and we'll encrypt the files.

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As for switching songs on a licensed game? Don't post about it here or put videos on YouTube, or pinHeck will no longer be open-source and we'll encrypt the files.

Why is this not a problem for Stern? There's tons of posts here and videos of songs being swapped out on their games and they don't give a crap.

#451 8 years ago

Because an excited owner is going to post a thread about him swapping songs, then Ben will pull the ability to do so and people will be sad.

But Stern hasn't done this and seems to suffer no ill effects, so I'm asking what's different.

1 week later
#727 8 years ago

When I first heard this was going to be the game, I said, "There's gotta be some awesome Rob Zombie songs blaring the entire time you play." I then proceeded to blast some of my favorites for the old man and I got some funny looks. Was pumped when I saw the track list!

2 months later
#1065 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeremecium:

The important thing to ask is, will every other switch trigger a "Yeah!" sound sample?

ha, true he does like to record 'Yeah' quite a bit into his songs. I can easily envision Yeah repeatedly like the Homer Doh! mode during Simpsons.

~(_8(|)

1 month later
#1425 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The wife and I saw him a few weeks back at the opening of his haunted house here outside Chicago. I have to say, I was almost as underwhelmed by his show as I was by the haunted house. Both were pretty lackluster.
This was the first time I had seen Zombie live, so I'm not sure if this is the norm or an anomaly. I love Rob's music which made it still "fun" but I wouldn't be able to recommend this show for anyone outside an absolute diehard (and not really even then). For example, I don't plan to ever go see him live again.

Thanks for the honest review. I saw him years ago and enjoyed but lately I have seen him out of breath and not great live skipping through songs. Don't get me wrong I am excited about the pin and Rob was nice when I met him, just think some artists can't pull off live compared to albums. I agree on the haunted house, went last year when we had in AZ and was not the best, quite boring and hardly any interaction. We pick a haunted house every year and this one disappointed us.

1 month later
#1845 8 years ago

10 songs!!

#1852 8 years ago

Is it on solo stuff or will White Zombie songs be included? Anyone know?

#2836 8 years ago

I think the game looks great. One question I do have is will the game have attract mode radio so you can choose and play the songs when your not playing the game. It seems that since one of the songs is titled Dead City Radio it would be perfect to tune into Dead City Radio and play any of the 10 songs anytime you want to. Like the way AC/DC and Metallica do now and hopefully at some point Kiss will.

#2904 8 years ago

Soooo.......just throwin it out there as a complete long shot. I have a GoT premium paid in full that I'm willing to trade for a spot or hook the spooky crew up with it to get in. It can be changed to anything if GoT isn't wanted. It's basically a few hundred bucks in someone's pocket. It's from a well known top distributor so I'm sure you can do whatever you want with the money.

My old battalion is serving a long duty overseas and we have a couple Zombie songs that serve as our theme when we're out there. They'll be there all next year and probably 2017, I want to get one of these put in our wellness center out there to keep all of the soldiers morale up!

Unfortunately I'm late to the game and all my money is tied up in that pin.

4 months later
#4710 7 years ago

I'm still enjoying his last one with Dead City Radio. I wasn't a big fan of Hillbilly Deluxe II but some of the songs grew on me.

#4716 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

A couple decent tracks that I like (#4 and #8). But so dang short. Maybe about 31 minutes of music in total over 12 tracks?

It is true only 1 of the 12 songs on the new one exceeds 3 minutes... but Hellbilly Deluxe averages under 3 minutes per song as well

#4717 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It is true only 1 of the 12 songs on the new one exceeds 3 minutes... but Hellbilly Deluxe averages under 3 minutes per song as well

That's perhaps a deceiving way to look at it. Hellbilly has 8 songs that are over 3 minutes, and they're all good.

#4731 7 years ago

I hope someone does an LCD mod ala AC/DC Mike D's interactive LCD ver. There is enough space to mount an LCD on the upper right backboard by the Captain Spaulding Toy and VUK There are music vids for all the songs and tons of footage from 2 movies referenced in the game not to mention a concert DVD. I'm sure there is a way to connect into the game and Ben Heck would even write code or help out. Anyway, just a thought.

1 week later
#4904 7 years ago

Modes are based on RZ songs and have their own unique features and ways to score points. I wouldn't call it "story" based as you can select which song you want each time you start a mode.

2 weeks later
#5103 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

In fact, the whole video mode sound looks like a fuckin DE midi tune.

It appears that video game sounding midi tune is the intent and I'm guessing after several mos, yrs of playing the game it's gonna be nice to have that little break from the actual rockin RZ songs. I like it.

1 month later
#5670 7 years ago

Got a chance to play an LE version and had a blast. Although I know only 3 songs or so and saw one movie , reconized quite a bit. Lot more than you would think is going on in this game. That upper flipper is tough to keep the ball in play.

1 month later
#6101 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Just had my best game yet! 179M.
couple notes on software things.
1. would be great if the last score played would be part of the cycle after the game is over.. its nice to see the score big and red like it is for a quick moment when the game ends instead of the basic white small text.
2. when the initial ball save is still on from the start of ball, and you drain out of an outlane completing chop at the same time. The ball save should stay on after you get the ball back. Just an opinion.

how many modes/songs did you complete?

1 week later
#6262 7 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Been looking but can't find the song list for the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tq=songs&tu#post-2844252

1 month later
#6577 7 years ago

Sorry for asking the following questions as it has been answered before...but I can' find it anymore...:

How am I able to play the RZ songs while attract/non-play mode?

Thanks!

#6578 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Sorry for asking the following questions as it has been answered before...but I can' find it anymore...:
How am I able to play the RZ songs while attract/non-play mode?
Thanks!

Hold left flipper while in attract.. keep holding to skip through songs.. hold left flipper again to turn off. Can only be used while in free play.

#6583 7 years ago

5 seconds with right flipper to start / change songs.

After you let go, holding the left flipper for 5 seconds should stop the music.

#6584 7 years ago

Did some further testing - using the right flipper does start the music and if you do not hold it again to change songs, then the left flipper acts to stop the music. The only issue is if you release the right flipper, then hold it again to change the song. After doing that, the left flipper button no longer stops the music but it acts to change the song. The only way to stop the music at this point is to start a game.

edit: After waiting a few minutes or maybe after the next song comes up, then the left flipper works again to kill the music. This is all super low priority if worth changing at all just fyi

2 months later
#7046 7 years ago

I just noticed the song Never Gonna Stop(My Durango) was in the music test. Is that in the game for final mode or something? Why is that song not in the rotation or used somehow in the game?! More Zombie songs needed!

Spooky can't we add other songs into the rotation of songs playing during the game?! Lets do this!

#7047 7 years ago

Ok I was just listening to Zombie on my headphones past couple days while playing pins and there is SOOOO many awesome songs that need to be added to the game, can we get some in Spooky?! Here is a small list of ones I could think of, but so many other awesome ones I know are out there:
We’re An American Band (Love this cover, probably the best ever, I mean it has cowbell for the love of everything that is amazing!)
ThunderKiss 65 - Sorry forgot this is White Zombie
Scum Of The Earth
Get High
Everybody’s Fu$%ing in a UFO
I’m your Boogeyman - Sorry forgot this is White Zombie
Meet The Creeper
Sick Bubblegum
Foxy Foxy
Lords of Salem
Teenage Nosferatu Pu$$*
Life and Time Of Teenage Rock God

3 weeks later
#7206 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

But make no mistake... I was listening to Sid Haig audio while working on 50 other things last night, and there is a MOUNTAIN of call outs from both him AND Rob Zombie yet to be implemented.
As soon as things settle, Fawzma will hit RZ hard and really polish it up... tons of things to do, and I blame me. I'm the guy abusing the poor dude with 3 games to work on.
All in due time. Zombie isn't done by a long shot, and it will ROCK HARD before we ever call it "finished" ... which Ben Heck tells me no game code ever is.

GLAD TO HEAR, YOU ALL ROCK, I want RZ to never be done, so much more this game can be!

I had asked about extra songs being put in as well, any chance that can happen???
P-P-P-P-Please!

#7209 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

GLAD TO HEAR, YOU ALL ROCK, I want RZ to never be done, so much more this game can be!
I had asked about extra songs being put in as well, any chance that can happen???
P-P-P-P-Please!

I know Stern did it with at least Metallica, but I doubt it will happen with RZ. Would really like to be able to swap songs as I can with Stern games (would appreciate a PM if someone knows how [early on it seemed like some thought we could]). Even just swapping What for Meet the Creeper would make me happy :p I pretty much cringe every time What plays.

1 month later
#7639 7 years ago

Dumb question alert: can you change the songs? If so, what's the degree of difficulty vs using pinball browser?

#7640 7 years ago
Quoted from Skaternater:

Quick question- does this games fan run all the time? Mine seems to

Yes, the power supply fan is always on.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dumb question alert: can you change the songs? If so, what's the degree of difficulty vs using pinball browser?

Pinball Browser does not support Pinheck. The songs are just .wav files, you could try swapping them on the SD card.

Speaking of songs on the SD card, there is a TON of stuff not yet used in the game. Go to the SFX folder then FZ and listen to ZZ1.wav

#7641 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pinball Browser does not support Pinheck. The songs are just .wav files, you could try swapping them on the SD card.

Yeah, I know PB doesn't support Spooky, but I'm glad the songs are just wav files. I was jamming to White Zombie today and imagining those tunes on RZ.

#7642 7 years ago

Speaking of songs on the SD card, there is a TON of stuff not yet used in the game. Go to the SFX folder then FZ and listen to ZZ1.wav

I should be a monster and change all the songs to Powerman 5000 when I get mine

#7644 7 years ago

ZZ1 is one of the spooky minute songs.. you have to be playing the game at midnight (machine time) to ever see it

#7647 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

I should be a monster and change all the songs to Powerman 5000 when I get mine

Game would rock with that first cd's worth of songs... remember "Freak, Human Fly" and all that? Takes me back.

"Even Superman shot himself"

#7660 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you replace wav files directly on the card sounds and graphics won't work the way you think it will due to fragmentation

Can you be more specific? Changing songs is an important factor whe I buy a game. I love RZ and would just like to cycle some new tunes to keep the game fresh.

#7717 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So last night I fixed up my switches (one under the upper playfield got bent) and made an adjustment to the VUK switch. I was getting balls landing in the VUK and just not kicking out. I bent up the last 1" of the long switch lead about 15 degrees so the ball will engage it better.
After tweaking those I played the snot out of the game for a couple hours. I concentrated on getting 4x before ever starting a mode and if I didn't complete it I concentrated on getting 4x again before finishing the mode. This helps with the scoring, but I still found my biggest scores came from concentrating on LDG and 1000 corpses. There are just a lot of points there especially if you can complete a couple other modes with them, but you definitely can't ignore them.
I was able to get 36 million points which was a new high for me. I believe there were 5 modes completed, but I got excited and didn't pay enough attention at the end. Which got me thinking it'd be nice at the end of the game if when showing the score it would also scroll what percent of which modes were completed. That'd be a nice feature that I think would be a little unique.
Still a blast of a game to play. This weekend I'll be adding my topper, ordering an EL panel for the sign , and adding mirror blades and my shaker.

I suggested ages ago that it would be awesome in a future update if modes have their own high score tables at the end - like songs in AC/DC etc. Fingers crossed a lot

3 months later
#8680 6 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

I have a question for all. I like good quality sound and I'm interested to hear what audio settings people have to get what they feel is the best sound for their machine. Also those that may have subs, like the Polk PSW10. I still don't think I'm getting as good of sound quality and balance out of it as I should.
Also, if there are any that have swapped out amps I'm curious to know what people have gotten and why.
Thanks and this version has already made me appreciate this pin even more.

The machine has top quality components out of the box, I think the best out there of any factory machine. The machine rattles like crazy if you turn the sub up which ends up drowning the rest out. There's anti rattle tape, but that just helps the glass. Here's what I did from left to right on amp.

This set up requires an external sub woofer. Also, for testing purposes hold down right flipper button to turn on radio(hold down again to change songs)

Sub-woofer:
Volume: Just barely on, close to 0
Crossover: nearly all the way left

Back Box Speakers:
Treble- All the way to the right
Bass- 1/4 turn + or - from full

Volume:
Personal preference here, but mines fairly loud

1 month later
#9014 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

There is, there is a jukebox mode for freeplay. Holding left flipper in attract for 5 seconds will start music.. keep holding to pick a new song. Hold right flipper to cancel out. This could use some more work to make it a bit more user friendly.

It would be nice if the jukebox played the next song "automatically" instead of repeating the same one. Sometimes I work on other machines and it would be great to have something to listen to. You could even use the "Dead City Radio" animation. With RZ playing in the background I could probably fix everything in half the time

The other sounds for the flipper buttons would be cool also. Its a feature that I'm just used to seeing on 99% of pins but not a priority.

AC/DC has a cool jukebox/radio feature where it plays all the songs in the game plus live versions as well. There's a radio on the DMD and when the channel is changed you hear static like a radio. RZ already has the sounds and DMD animations so...

#9015 6 years ago

V021 is now available

I'll look into adding a way to play the next song in jukebox mode, and maybe something to show it's playing. As for other songs, we are limited to what we have.

Infected flippers are not reversed at the moment. The mode should be stable now. If I don't get any bad reports on Infected mode, I'll reintroduce the swapped flipper effect.

3 months later
#9439 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I saw that as well. Hopefully it’s more boobies & more crude callouts!

I've been hoping for more gore with a title based off of House of 1000 Corpses, from a guy that has his movies re-edited time and time again to get the rating reduced to "R" for theaters.

As it stands, TFTC wins out in that category, but I feel like the theme that gets inspiration from Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hills Have Eyes should be significantly ahead in that regard.

And while I understand the reasons why songs can't be switched on this game, I feel like this game would be considerably more popular if they could (even if there were a cost to do so).

#9441 6 years ago

I guess you just haven't figured out how to switch them yet

Correct. I attempted with the Stern method to no avail. PM a brief pointer in the right direction? (would be much appreciated if so). One of these days I hope to learn how to code. As much as I like much of the material Rob produces (songs, films, etc.), the track "What?" drives me nuts each time I hear it And there are many that would fit the theme better IMO.

1 year later
#10284 5 years ago

Has anyone done sound changes added songs and otis?

9 months later
#10478 4 years ago
Quoted from ag90IL:

how do you change the song playing?

The songs just randomly okay. Only way to select a song is to start that songs mode by shooting the left orbit to start the song modes

4 months later
#10540 4 years ago

I’ve been enjoying my game more over the past week.

In a way I wish the music was more like ACNC. I mean that I wish the mode songs only played when you were in that mode and not just randomly play a song.

It would be cool if it just played some sort of spooky music while not in a mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "songs".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tq=songs&tu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.