image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6177 Spooky mentions game #3! Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #6605 Gameplay and rules video from Spooky Pinball Posted by Jetzxi (7 years ago)

Post #7268 V019 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #7366 Common trough issue caused by flipper switch description Posted by snakesnsparklers (7 years ago)

Post #9017 V21 Changelog Posted by GhostThruster (6 years ago)

Post #9409 V22 changelog Posted by FawzmaGames (6 years ago)

Post #10228 V23 / v24 changelogs Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "Flipper code".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2148 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I suppose with code, all things of this nature are possible. I'll leave that to Mr. Fawzma.

Not possible. Unless there's a secret clock feature, the board has no awareness of time. Best I could do would be to make some sort of flipper code while in attract mode.

In settings you could record flipper hits, repeat in attract, which enables adult mode.

#2342 8 years ago

Few opinions from a totally biased Spooky fan, who can't wait to get this pin:

-The art package kinda "dropped the mic" on the rest of the industry.

- The fact that a small company with INCREDIBLE customer service, could deliver a licensed hi-quality new pin with color dots, awesome sound system, LED's, and innovative toys (servos in pop bumpers!?).........lower then all the other manufacturers.....kinda "dropped the mic" on the industry.

- With 7 pinballs flying around this game's unique "open pops & upper slingshots" layout.....the last thing my sorry-ass playing ability needs is a typical "busy-art" playfield. I like the more minimal playfield approach in contrast with the super detailed cabinet art.

- Charlie has said the next game will have a "Sega" sized color display......hhmmmm, wonder what other manufacturer will try to get there first.

- The "flipper sequence" for adult code is a fantastic idea that should be looked into further

#2938 8 years ago

Personally, I'd prefer this mode to be really difficult, one that you are not likely to collect 1000 switch hits the first time around - where you have to go back into the mode again to start over where you left off. Since this will be a home-based pin for many of us, difficulty in completing tasks and rarely seeing some aspects of the game are crucial to its longevity.

I have an AMH (all my games are setup for PAPA-style/tournament practice: no EBs, wide open outlanes, etc.). I have yet to see the Demon Battle. But, I am pretty sure I've seen 99% of the other code. So, I've got one goal to shoot for.

I've got a WOZ. I've melted the witch. I've started Haunted Forest Multiball a few times. I've not seen Flipper Frenzy. I've never started the final munchin multiball. I've not seen SOTR. I've still got multiple goals to shoot for and have owned the game much longer. And maybe I never will with no EBs and open outlanes.

One game, code wise anyway, leaves me with much yet to see. I'm certainly not expecting WOZ-level code, but if RZ is coded much the same as AMH (which I do love the game) only the final Hellbound (or whatever the wizard mode is called) will be difficult to actually see. I'd much prefer several goals in RZ (and any game for that matter) be really difficult to see. So, please Spooky/Fawzma don't make 1000 switch hits easy. In fact, I'd love to see harder modes and have RZ be more like Monster Bash's wizard mode. That is, one wizard mode for having started all the modes (kinda easy to do) and one, very hard to get to (okay MB's Monsters of Rock isn't that hard, but you get my point) wizard mode but with different software and rules (unlike MB). This just adds way more to the game and Spooky wouldn't have to add inserts or other modes to the game to do so.

Also, while I'm making requests: please add multiple high score tables like one for each mode (ala AC/DC or Met) - the more HS tables there are the more the home player has something to shoot for when playing. For example, a high score table for most points scored in each mode, a Killer card champion (most killer cars collected), a corpse champion (most corpses), Chicken and gasoline champion, etc. This adds a lot of extra bang for your buck as a player without the programmer having to add more rules to the game.

Oh, and is the apron clear-coated - looks like it to me?

1 week later
#3397 8 years ago

Here it is copy/paste, from fawzma website:

Rob Zombie Pinball update + Dragula Mode rules

Dragula has been cleaned up. While testing the video mode/jackpot option wasn’t acting right. After completing the base mode (spelling Dragula running the center ramp), you get 2 options. Shoot left orbit to start Dragula video mode, or shoot right orbit to start jackpot mode.

After you come out of video mode, you can pick a new mode to play.

If you start jackpot mode first you get an extra ball to go with it. If you start video mode, you don’t get the extra ball if/when you beat Dragula mode later on.

So choose wisely.

Once in jackpot mode (with or without the extra ball) you can shoot for the advance jackpot targets (Living Dead Girl coffins) and claim jackpots up the center ramp. And/OR hit the top right targets to collect car parts. Once you collect enough car parts, Captain Spaulding invites you to the upper playfield to get some gas. Hit the gas target for an extra 250K.

If you beat Dragula more than once and you are doing jackpots, the mode will be timed. You can put the 20 seconds back on the clock by hitting Advance Jackpot, or claiming a jackpot. I’ll need to do another update to include a super jackpots after collecting 3..4.. 5.. etc jackpots.

Mode selection has been updated. Before I would have a 3 second timer that would reset after flipping through modes. Now you hit both flippers to select.

Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.

Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.

When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.

In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

#3523 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Will it be possible to activate/de-activate family mode without opening the coin door? Like holding both flipper buttons or a certain combo of flipper button hits? Would be really handy in a home environment.
Also, is a headphone jack possible as an add on?

from Fawzma, yes on family adult flipper toggle, see below. headphone, I can't remember what Ben or longhorn said...but I definitely want a headphone jack whether factory and mod afterward

---
Flipper Code has been added. You can activate this in the main menu settings screen. One is to set it in record mode, the other is for when it’s set. I’ll have to add a 3rd option for operators who don’t want people trying to guess the code.

Flipper code is for changing adult mode while in attract mode so you don’t need to open the door.

When in attract mode, hold both flippers for 10 seconds. The backglass will flash for 3 seconds. left go of the flippers. When in record mode, you are show a screen with instructions on setting the code. Once the code is set, it will flip the setting to “SET” mode and save it on EEPROM.

In SET mode, hold flippers for 10 seconds, BG flashes, let go of flippers.. then enter your flip code when it stops flashing. Entering the code successfully will turn the backglass red when in adult mode, and you’ll certainly hear about it. If it goes into family mode, the backglass will turn green.

#3564 8 years ago

The added "x" inserts will be perfect above the tombstone to help add some imagery there.

I will say it again, the PF in person looks much better and cohesive in person.

What really matters is the gameplay. The shot layout is really fun. It is a heavy right flipper game (lots of shots to the left) and shots are tighter and different placement than you think they will be which is challenging in a good way. The lateral movement on this deck is really nice and creates risk/reward.

What I am really looking forward to is playing on more vetted code. As far as I am concerned Charlie has done his job.

Art > Check
Good license > Check
Fun and Unique layout > Check
Cool Toys > Check
Good geometry with physical risk/reward > Check
Good music > check
Color Display > check
Hand drawn art (pf, cab, glass, toys) > check
Improved build quality > check

Fawzma > It is all in your hands now (no pressure)

Well and the hands of the minons to get these built with quality and consistency

1 week later
#3891 8 years ago

ball search typically is not after 30 seconds, WAY too long!

Go check out a few other games to get an idea of what a good ball search does.

Off the top of my head:
After 7-8 seconds with no flipper engaged (i.e. no ball search when someone is trapping a ball) then the game cycles through ALL of the coils a few times to try and free a stuck ball. Best practice would be to fire the coils where a problem would most commonly occur (i.e in this case VUK) and to fire in a pattern that is most likely to free a stuck ball the quickest.

Honestly, go play MORE pinball and pay attention to some of the things that are common features in coding. There is a whole litany of things that are expected and common in todays code that are both good for on route and for home play.

I love that you are a pinball novice as you have some great novel ideas but the game needs a swift kick in the ball saver to get some more commonplace code feature in place.

#3900 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, balanced scoring is a must. Looks like WhySnow has got the bit between his teeth now, so I'm sure he'll be down at the factory making it happen
rd

As long as Fawzma is willing to accept feedback and suggestions I think we'll be just fine regarding score balancing and making sure the rules/software are great! I think what's there looks like a ton of fun and I think he's doing a great job especially considering this is his first Pinball ruleset. I think once collectors start getting their games and soliciting feedback via Pinside (dedicated rules thread) the code can really get the polish it needs to bring it home! Guys like Whysnow can be a big help as well. I know he gave some great suggestions to Ben which were used in AMH and made it a better game.

One big plus I already noticed and like is that the upper playfield flipper is disabled during single play modes except when in use. One thing I'd try to do is incorporate those playfield multiplier targets on the right side of the playfield more. Ideally it would be great if you could utilize them at all times and put them on timers like the Bell on ACDC. Every time you hit both targets you could add to your pf multiplier by 1X up to a max of 5X. As your timers get low you can hit a target (maybe the 3 target on the right) to extend them. This would bring a lot more strategy into stacking mb with pf multiplier. If this was done it would balance the playfield shots out more as its currently more left/ramp oriented.

#3953 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

CraZyMuffin said:
It seems like the mode timer shouldnt start the countdown until the ball leaves the upper playfield. There was a lot of "let it drain off the upper playfield because the timer is going!"

On the other hand, that means people don't dick around on the UP for small points: it could go either way. Maybe correct to just disable the upper flipper sometimes to get people to do the Fun Thing (play the mode). Hard to know without playing it both ways.

Re: Instant Info. Many recent sterns are quite bad at giving you all the players' scores. Do better than them

Re: Score balancing---House of 1k corpses is six shots to start, and then you get 100mil points for batting the ball around. Modes seem like 10 million, tops, for again about six shots (in single-ball play). Once the code is closer to finished, it'd be great to get it into the hands of a serious "pro" who can go through the various modes and so on and try to get the numbers close for risk vs. reward on the various modes and multiballs. I think that's one of Lyman's--and Keefer's--big strengths, getting the various paths through the game close in value, and that's partly because of their playskill. Lyman often has to go back to games and fiddle with the scoring a bit as strategies evolve and people lean things, but getting them close enough to make it worth thinking about is certainly possible.

#3978 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That doesn't make sense if the screen and the sound calls don't match up on all modes, and that would be a lot to ask.

Yeah, if people can't spare the adult in their house then they shouldn't have the adult. Plus there's always the adult mode flipper code thing being implemented. Have your headphone jack there sure, but just only turn it into adult mode when the kids aren't around.

#3987 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You could disable the flipper, but then non pinball people will think the game is broken.

what about for some modes having the mini playfield flipper enabled but only for X flips?

I always liek the idea of a choice for when you start a particular mode or avoid it. It brings in a bit more RPG style ot pinball if you can 'earn' flipper pulses on the main playfield before starting a mini-playfield mode.

For eaxmple the ramp could be a good feature to award mini-flipper pulses. Each ramp shot = 1 more pulse. Start with 3 pulses on each game and ability to add up to X. Then you learn to pick and choose when to use the upper or not.

Code can really do some great things with the mini pf.

You could also use combo shots to add to mini flipper pulse count.

5 months later
#5302 7 years ago

V008 updates so far, going to start working on the alternate highscore table for individual goals before I release this

Fixed - Dragula - Upper PF flipper corrected to be enabled when the collect gas option is available
Fixed - Tilt, Gate Opto, Exit PF Opto, now shows text when those switches are activated in Switch Edge test.
Fixed - Spooky minute should only start if the menu setting has it turned on
Fixed - highscores in attract mode now have commas
Fixed - Left outlane was killing all timers for no reason
Fixed - Corpse mode score was not being killed like it was supposed to
Fixed - End of corpse mode wasn't setting main mode status properly, mode start indicator now working properly

Update - Added gate servo adjustment down
Update - Increased startup delay to 3.5 seconds, giving more time for prop to load code
Update - More tilt code tweaks
Update - Skillshot earns 50k or 100k depending on how far into the combo you get
Update - During skillshot, player number and ball count scrolls on bottom left corner
Game Settings -> Show PL.BALL can turn this feature on or off.
Update - Left and Right outlane kicks a ball out when save timer is on.
Update - Spaulding will jerk a little any time you hit the gate, not just in What!
Update - Name entry, player show PLAYER1-4 instead of P1-4, the player score is shown in bottom right corner
Update - Bone rattle bonus changed to go with the way EOB bonuses are displayed
Update - Ramp hand can be collected more than one time per ball, and in any mode

Added - Holding start button for X seconds will reset the game to title. This is a setting in "Main Settings"
Added - Dragula part collection has an EOB bonus, total collected will go in its own high score table
Added - Ramp hands has an EOB bonus, "high fives" or "hand jobs" in adult mode, highscore table for this coming
Added - Bash King EOB, bash spaulding as much as you can for bonus. Will go toward high score table

#5330 7 years ago

Current list of features being fixed/updated/added in V008

Fixed - Dragula - Upper PF flipper corrected to be enabled when the collect gas option is available
Fixed - Tilt, Gate Opto, Exit PF Opto, now shows text when those switches are activated in Switch Edge test.
Fixed - Spooky minute should only start if the menu setting has it turned on
Fixed - highscores in attract mode now have commas
Fixed - Left outlane was killing all timers for no reason
Fixed - Corpse mode score was not being killed like it was supposed to
Fixed - End of corpse mode wasn't setting main mode status properly, mode start indicator now working properly
Fixed - Spaulding gate adjustment fixed in loadsettings() to set max setting to 12
Fixed - Gate servo code cleanup, removed hard coded values
Fixed - Servo driver routine cleaned up
Fixed - Player graphics / Skillshot timing cleaned up.

Update - Added gate servo open adjustment down
Update - Added gate servo close adjustment up and down.
*NOTE* - Turn on machine and set gate to open in servo menu, turn off machine.
Unscrew gate and reposition gate to full open, should be about a 1/4 gap
Screw gate back on and turn on machine. Now the gate will close but not as far as before
Go into servo menu and adjust the close position
Update - Increased startup delay to 3.5 seconds, giving more time for prop to load code
Update - More tilt code tweaks
Update - Skillshot earns 50k or 100k depending on how far into the combo you get
Update - During skillshot, player number and ball count scrolls on bottom left corner
Game Settings -> Show PL.BALL can turn this feature on or off.
Update - Left and Right outlane kicks a ball out when save timer is on.
Update - Spaulding will jerk a little any time you hit the gate, not just in What!
Update - Name entry, player shows PLAYER1-4 instead of P1-4, the player score is shown in bottom right corner
Update - Bone rattle bonus changed to go with the way EOB bonuses are displayed
Update - Ramp hand can be collected more than one time per ball, and in any mode
Update - When viewing alternate goal table, the goal will blink

Added - Holding start button for X seconds will reset the game to title. This is a setting in "Main Settings"
Added - Dragula part collection has an EOB bonus, total collected will go in its own high score table
Added - Ramp hands has an EOB bonus, "high fives" or "hand jobs" in adult mode, highscore table for this coming
Added - BashKing EOB, bash spaulding as much as you can for bonus. Will go toward high score table
Added - Card Member, EOB bonus for collecting cards
Added - Ramp hand alternate score table
Added - Mechanic alternate score table - beat dragula mode, and collect parts
Added - Killer Card "Card Member" alternate score table added - collect as many cards as you can

2 weeks later
#5504 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I forget...was the secret handshake mode ever implemented for changing between Adult/Family mode. I have to change it quite often, and it would be nice to do without going into the service menu. Also, has anyone else noticed that the Video Adult portion is semi-broken. If you change it to Sound/Video off, and then back to Sound/Video on, only the sound reverts back to Adult mode. The only way I can get it to go back to Adult Video is to specifically select Sound No, Video Yes. Then Sound Yes, Video Yes.

I'll be looking at the adult mode stuff., not sure how or why that changed. And flipper code was removed as it was buggy as hell. I'll rework that solution.

2 weeks later
#5623 7 years ago

Ummm, blew a fuse I think, lost all my "Sol Bank 2 coils", soooo where the hell are the fuses and how do you replace them?! I need a live in pinball tech, I hate working on games anymore

On a side note I'm not sure if it was random or maybe a code thing. I had this problem occur when I was doing a 2 player game and at the very end of a ball got my first "infected flipper" or whatever it is where the flippers were reversed(I think anyway, it was weird) It only happened for a quick moment and lost the ball, after that was when my coils weren't working.

#5632 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ummm, blew a fuse I think, lost all my "Sol Bank 2 coils", soooo where the hell are the fuses and how do you replace them?! I need a live in pinball tech, I hate working on games anymore
On a side note I'm not sure if it was random or maybe a code thing. I had this problem occur when I was doing a 2 player game and at the very end of a ball got my first "infected flipper" or whatever it is where the flippers were reversed(I think anyway, it was weird) It only happened for a quick moment and lost the ball, after that was when my coils weren't working.

That's exactly how my fuse blew....Got infection mode, lost the ball and the fuse blew. Except mine was the center fuse for the flipper. Sounds like a code issue possibly.

#5639 7 years ago

I'm looking into the flipper code and changing the order of logic to see how it works. Suspecting there is a possibility that the high and low coils could fire at the same time. I'm also going to kill the flippers after the ball drains.

1 week later
#5701 7 years ago

Installed version 9 beta on my RZ last night which is on location in Lafayette, IN. Played about two hours. Really like the change to 1000 corpses lock system. Was able to collect 1000 corpses for the first time since owning the game.

Upper Playfield flipper seemed stronger as well not sure if there was a code change or something but what mode was much more obtainable now.

As it states on the website I did have to adjust two switches due to the increased registration sensitivity in the new code. For me it was the lower left slingshot and the upper right rattle switch. They led to some insanely high scores for a few games.

Curious to see what others think of ver. 9 beta?

1 week later
#5784 7 years ago

From Fawzma Games FB:

"Running over zombie hands with a mower just got fun smile emoticon

If you have the RZ shaker, you'll know what I mean.

EMY V011 fixes

Fixed - Flippers are killed and handled properly when selecting modes. Was causing fuses to blow!
Fixed - Chop saves removed from infection mode
Fixed - Outlane ball saves disabled during multiball
Fixed - Reworked forced ball save on multiball starts, game wll try to keep same amount ejected out for the duration of the force
Update - Infected flippers option removed (opposite flipper option)
Update - Collecting ramp hands (lawn mower) triggers shaker"

From Spooky's FB Page

Sorry for the not great quality... I clearly need to update my video software! But hey... new video on how to safely update your Rob Zombie game code for those who may need it!

#5809 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm confused. Is the option still there or not? If there's no option, it's always on?
I'd like to take a peek at the code to see if anything jumps out, but it seems that the code won't be available for this game. Is that true?

Infection can be turned on for each of (6) modes individually. There was another setting listed for using reverse flippers that refers to how you want to play a preceding 3 target mode. Choices were regular or reverse flipper. The mode and the option have been removed or hidden in v.11.

My understanding is that the code is open-source. I think you need p-roc to view though. It can be helpful having extra eyes looking at the code to search for the bug causing fuse to blow. I applaud anyone's willingness to spend time helping. Spooky may feel this won't help and that it will slow them down, as people initally ask a bunch of questions just to understand what's there. But when you are chasing a rabbit, you might need to try thinking outside the box.

#5836 7 years ago

While we await the resolution of infection modes / reverse flipper mode / blowing fuse, we have some time to throw out feedback on code. Some things I have been thinking lately -

Attract Sounds - all clips are good and they are triggered on a 15 sec cycle. If you are playing against someone who heads outside for 5 min, hearing this many callouts starts to sound like my wife’s nagging. Increase cycle to trigger every 60 second instead, please.

Demonoid - when playing this mode infected, begin with all lights turned on and extinguish as each switch is hit.

1000 Corpses – Finally beat the mode with 1,278 collected. I think the mode darkened when I passed 1k, but there was no fanfare. And I didn’t get to enter initials into a leaderboard because there wasn’t one. Add a corpse leaderboard and some a/v mode completion action.

Chopped - works just right, as it has been turned off during mb. No need to complicate with further changes.

Easier Leaderboard – currently this feels a little clunky. You have to peck through a list of letters to find three and then enter. If you had a good game you might go through this process as many as five times (five screens). Every time you are prompted to enter letters and there is no memory of what you just entered. Any way to fix this so it gets prepopulated from the first time? I know this sounds petty but it is sorely needed.

Shaker - haven’t tried this yet, anybody with a success story to share?

2 weeks later
#5950 7 years ago

Is there any kind of shortcut for adult mode in the current code (v12)? I think I remember Fawzma saying he had to remove the flipper code. I'd be happy with something as simple as default to family mode, but booting with a flipper button pressed would set it to adult for that session.

Edit:

I found the reference to it being removed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tq=Flipper+code&tu#post-3236364

#5951 7 years ago

Dave can comment further but he has yet to mention bringing the code back yet. I think he's focusing on more critical game functionality updates and improvements at the moment.

I would really like to see the flipper code brought back when he has time to implement it. I was really excited to hear about this early on, and a bit bummed to hear it was removed but there's still hope!

#5953 7 years ago

Great to hear you're working on it.

The timed settings are cool, but for my situation (and I'm guessing a lot of others), I'm finding that even if they were working properly, they wouldn't really work in practice. I don't know ahead of time when I'll be able to play without my son in the house. Often, it's when I come home from work to find that the family is out.

The flipper code would work in this situation, but it doesn't need to be as complex as setting a combination and being able to enter that combination at any time during attract to dynamically change the setting. Simply looking for the left flipper button being held when the game boots would work for me.

#5956 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Great to hear you're working on it.
The timed settings are cool, but for my situation (and I'm guessing a lot of others), I'm finding that even if they were working properly, they wouldn't really work in practice. I don't know ahead of time when I'll be able to play without my son in the house. Often, it's when I come home from work to find that the family is out.
The flipper code would work in this situation, but it doesn't need to be as complex as setting a combination and being able to enter that combination at any time during attract to dynamically change the setting. Simply looking for the left flipper button being held when the game boots would work for me.

Quoted from u2sean:

A few thoughts regarding adult mode for routed games.
1. I don't want to have people to have the ability to change settings by cycling power and holding in a flipper.
2. Timers don't really work, cause kids could be in the location anytime
Suggestion:
Have ONE setting that you can select Adult (always on), Family (always on), Adult (Left Flipper Enabled at boot - default Family), Adult Time (expanded menu needed). The nice thing about this would be it satisfies both the home user as well as route operator.

The original flipper code did have a setting to be disabled for operator purposes.

I like the flippers holding while powering up idea. I can have this as feature setting to disable for operators (or families). If this feature is activated and used, I'll set it up so the adult mode setting isn't saved, so you can power down and back on without any surprises.

1 month later
#6374 7 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Have any of you guys put your RZ on location? I've never routed a boutique pin before and I'm not sure it's a good idea. I could use some feedback.
Is RZ earning well? As well as the other top dogs such as Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, etc?
Has it been mechanically reliable?
Is the code far enough along and not too buggy?
Are you dealing with many lost or stuck balls, resets, flakey switches, or other problems?
I'd love to put one out there and share it, but not at the expense of excessive technician calls and/or sub par earnings for a pricey (and rare) new pin. I just don't know if it will hold up, or earn, like a Stern.

It's only been two months, but so far RZ is earning about the same as the other 5 pins at the same location, and its only service needs have been very minor. Had to remove a ball that got stuck under a sling (I dialed back the coil strength and put a tighter rubber on the sling) and had to tighten up a flipper assembly that came loose, but that's it. Other than the sling mentioned above, no ball sticks. No code issues at all, and just updated to V. 14. Comparing the build quality to AMH, I'd say it's definitely better.

1 week later
#6441 7 years ago

Just got the pin upstairs today, then up on legs tonight & playing. #123 is alive !
Be sure to put that ground-bolt in the back-box.

HOLY COW... this game is so rocking in a home setting !!!
totally different experience than playing out in a loud public setting.

Took a few minutes to realize the flipper buttons are the settings menu navigation buttons. haha

totally does not need a shaker. this game rocks & rattles enough as is.
had to bend the left lower sling contacts a little back to keep it from firing on vibrations. no biggie.
think i need to bend or something the playfield rail-rest under the playfield. not sure yet, but looks like it might be making contact with the giant bass speaker, adding extra vibration to the game.

that bass is something else !! love it.
really dig how the backglass color changes during certain events. Excellent color choices.

think i might add some extra lighting to the upper playfield. any recommendations?

I'm on v.14 of code. noticed a few interesting things... probably solved already with v.15.
but, after finding & activated adult audio & video, one of the small bloody font sets became corrupted.
I just rebooted machine, and font looked fine.

Those mid-level slings on the left & right are insane !!! I love & hate them
I've totally got the incline too high (probably at like 9 degrees), and wow it plays super fast. Kinda like it, but should adjust it.

The left & right orbits are a beech to hit.
Very cool that we can back-hand some unexpected shots.
The ball(s) can become lightening fast (which i dig). Sometimes they start banging left-and-right so much & so fast, that the guard wire blocking the shooter lane will bounce up & a ball will get sent into it. (i actually like that).

Seems like one of the critical things to do in this game is constantly hit the coffin targets and get additional balls added to playfield.

The adult settings call-outs and videos area a must. So good, that I wish there were more.

So incredibly glad I've got this game.
Team Spooky has NAILED IT. This is a must own game!!!!
If you don't have it, find someone who does & insist that you come over and play it in a home setting.
This pin makes others look tame. Did I mention how great this music is combined with a pinball machine ?!?!?! ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

ps. The gang of 17 year-olds here think the lit-up fried chicken toy is too cool.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6679 7 years ago

Just got my game a few days ago. Managed to blow the left flipper fuse, so perhaps that issue hasn't been worked out yet (came loaded with code V15). No big deal as it was cheap/easy to acquire from Radio Shack. Gorgeous game otherwise. Still haven't had a chance to really get into the rules yet, but I'm confused as to why the game seems to ask for initials every single game (for low score). I couldn't find a way to shut that off, though it seems to suggest it should only do it daily, but it keeps registering scores as the lowest even if they aren't. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

3 weeks later
#6857 7 years ago

So I've had #163 in my house for just over a week and just hit 100 plays. Also, I appear to be living in the future since my code version is v16.

FawzmaGames Some thoughts:
- Mode points aren't getting added to my main score. So I can come out of a mode with 5M mode points and my score will only be 1M. Could be fun to have those added in bonus to make tilting a brutal mistake. Maybe not.
- WHAT progress doesn't seem to be saved and I haven't managed to dial mine in to the point where I can get more than two or 3 flips on the ball before it drains out of the upper playfield. Would be nice if you finish off a pair of gas and chicken the progress was saved.
- Lock sometimes is lit but ball goes through. Usually the next time I hit the shot it captures, but I've had to hit it 3 times once before lock was held.
- Living Dead Girl: I've come to dislike and avoid this mode. Not worth much points and blocks progress on everything else. Maybe allow it to be stacked with a mode?
- Left flipper: If I'm not already in a mode (which is often) then having the ball on the left flipper feels like jail. Can't hit the lock target, can't start a mode. I guess I can hit Living Dead Girl, but as I said I'm actively avoiding that. The post transfer is becoming possible as my rubbers break in but still feels like there should be something valuable to do from the left flipper if you aren't in a mode. Maybe the cards will be that?

Knit picking:
- It would be nice if game start overrode the match sequence so I don't have to wait to get back into it.
- I don't love extra ball coming from a skill shot. Feels like it should come from completing a couple modes? Or maybe starting 3 modes?

Anyway, I'm having a blast learning the rules as I go. I know there are videos out there with glass off tutorials, but that would take away the fun for me. Game is wicked fast and I'm enjoying the variety of modes. I might like to see a combo system or something but I expect y'all have ideas for the shots that currently are a bit under utilized.

1 week later
#6915 7 years ago

I am also waiting on the flipper code coming back for adult mode

#6916 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I am also waiting on the flipper code coming back for adult mode

The flipper code was removed, but there IS a button combo you can use at startup for a single session.

I also wanted to mention another awesome perk to buying from a small company. I asked Kayte if there was any way I could get a set of Red Hot plastics without the hole in them, expecting that there was no way. Well, these came in the mail today.

20161224_144650 (resized).jpg20161224_144650 (resized).jpg

#6924 7 years ago

Finally updated from the original code (LE #4) to ver 15. Great work in progress and appears to be more balanced scoring. A couple of minor 'bugs' or anomalies that I don't recall being mentioned:

Now that there are high score tables for multiple achievements, I know that the display is supposed to default to the name, already entered. However, if the name is only two initials like mine (RM), then it doesn't default to END, but to "A" for the third letter. Not a big deal to flip over one and then press end, but would be nice if it retained the blank and defaulted to END.

So, like many others, I'm getting the random ball stuck up on the left habitrail during multiball. I usually play until the other balls drain, then attempt to move the glass. I use the switch on the coin door (pulled out) to keep the coils energized and park the ball on a flipper. Then try to get the lockbar and glass on with one hand while holding the flipper and close the coin door. The problem is, when the door closes, the switch makes a momentary transition from pulled out to pushed in, and in the dead zone of the switch drops the flipper and drains my ball. When you've got an epic game going, this tends to cause MF's to fly out and the 11 year old who is watching TV nearby wonders what happened Is it possible to add a debounce to that switch so that it has to be off for .5 seconds before releasing the coils?

1 week later
#7013 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

When I get the flu I don't get say, I don't want the cough but I'm good with the fever and the body aches, I get it all and it sucks!!!!!!

Understood, but think of the code exploration for pinball.
Let me explain.
We have seen reverse flippers (TSPP) and dying/weakening flippers (Capcom Kingpin) but have we ever seen a code that would allow you to hold a ball on one flipper and no hold on the other flipper and maybe reverse the hold back and forth from each flipper during a given time sequence as long as you stay in the mode?
This is just a thought.
I wonder what Fazma or Charlie would think?

4 weeks later
#7207 7 years ago

And "I'm in the club!!

Very thrilled to get my regular RZ. Love the pin and I think it will only get better and better with new code. Love the game modes, add a ball, the adult call outs and art work.

Already bought lights, flipper toppers, the Laseriffic topper, pinblades, etc.

Gonna add some McFarlane figures - guess I gotta watch some horror movies now....

#7224 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Ohms law: V = I * R
70 = I * 132
I = 0.530 A

.53 amps I take it.. You have to also consider the amps being pulled from other sources. the Fuses are 3A slow blow. And the code you quoted is fixed at least in RZ ( holdHalf turns the low power coil off. ) I noticed in v23 AMH its still in there..this could very well be causing the phantom flipper amp blow issue.

1 week later
#7285 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No its not accumulative like that...a coil doesn't wear out. The resistance changes as it gets hot that's what causes weakness. But once it cools it's back to normal. You can't equate a 20 minute hold to even a 2 hour use with on and off duty cycle.

I didn't read Fawzma's message as if he were saying the coil was wearing out. What I read was that if you held the flipper at 100% for 20 minutes, it would start to weaken due to heat. With the pulsing, it doesn't get hot enough to weaken. In either case, it would recover as the coils cool down.

Let's say I'm in LDG and trap a ball on the right flipper. After 20 minutes of shooting jackpots with the left flipper, I finally decide to drain. I might not be able to shoot the left orbit using the right flipper because it would be too weak.

I guess what I keep coming back to is that these same coils were used in WPC games, the hold was 100%, and the coil voltage was higher. I don't see problems with those games weakening during play, but maybe that's because I'm not a good enough player to trap that long.

I really want to get more playing time on the new code before I make a final judgement on the new scheme. It really felt better during the one game I played last night, and honestly, I'd rather see the rules tweaks than more flipper driver adjustments. I just want it to be the best game it can be, and one complaint I have (or had) is that the flippers get knocked down too often. Oh, and the knocker still fires twice for an extra ball.

#7289 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm looking at this from a safety/part lifetime stand point. What if an operator gets some ahole kids who are trying to see what happens. Jokes on them now
The flipper tweaks are done in hopes of bringing back Infected. The real fixes have been for the trough. Since I get more flack for that that say... the knocker firing twice.
I'm thinking this is it for backend system fixes, unless something else gets reported. Now, it's content time.

Updated to latest version V19 and now the fuse is blowing for the right flipper and loader during multiball. Loader seems to be more consistent but is blowing fuses often during multiball. Reverted code to V18 and the fuse stopped blowing. Older version of the code the loader does not work consistently but at least does not blow a fuse. Possible issue since the loader, launcher, and right flipper are all on the same fuse and have an increased load during mutiball. Wondering if I am the only one with this issue? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#7427 7 years ago

I have a question regarding the C H O P inserts. They do not seem to cycle properly all the time. When I have 1 remaining to light most the time the unlit insert will move left with the left flipper and right with the right flipper. Once in awhile it seems to mess up and not go in order on the C and the H target. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I am running code 19. Sounds like a big to be, I would not think this is on purpose.

#7510 7 years ago

Hi Fawzma, I have a couple questions for you. I recently recieved my #212, and overall, very few issues. However, I have noticed two things:
1. If a ball gets hung up trying to launch out of the trough into the shooter lane, the entire game goes dead and the screen tells the user to have the operator check the lane switch. This has become very annoying when in a multiball, it kills the entire game, and does that. Seems like a rough way to handle a simple stuck ball. Any thoughts on changing this?

2. During H1k corpses multiball last night, a ball got stuck coming out of the trough, and the game went dead. Even unsticking the ball did not solve the issue, still completely dead with the operator screen stuck on. So I rebooted the game. It did come back to life after the reboot but my right flipper is dead. I assume it blew the flipper fuse, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

I was actually planning on putting this game on route on Saturday, and I am glad I noticed #2 happening before I did that. I will hold on to it at home for a few more weeks to try and work the bugs out. For what its worth, I am still on version 17 of the code, planning to upgrade it to 19 tonight. Is it possible that both of these items are happening because I am on old code?

Thanks for all the support you have shown! I am truly a happy customer, and this game is a blast.

3 months later
#8487 6 years ago

Number 291 is home safe!

IMG_20170615_070344 (resized).jpgIMG_20170615_070344 (resized).jpg

Some early thoughts with 20 games or so:

-I get ball searched A LOT. Ball search kicks in when I'm trying to get a clean transfer to the right flipper, the code should only ball search when the flippers aren't being used.
-Shots are not as tough as I was expecting. I watched streams, but this is my first hands on with the game and the right orbit is not as tight as I was expecting.
-Why does the knocker go off twice for an extra ball, but once for a replay?
-Iiving dead girl is tons of fun. I love that it's easy to get an exciting multiball and new players will definitely dig it.

Can't wait for v20!

4 weeks later
#8843 6 years ago

I have a code question. Just got my Rob Zombie and played a couple games on version 19. Updated the code to version 20. Now I notice that when you hit the left orbit and you are able to change or select your mode that when you are hitting the flipper buttons to select a mode it does not show the mode options on the display only on the Playfield inserts. On version 19 you could see on the display the various modes that you could choose from. Now you only see the score. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. I also have the machine set to adult mode so I am not sure if this has anything to do with that or not.

2 months later
#9292 6 years ago

Have been playing v19 software since early Feb, and not frequently enough because two trough switches were intermitent and summer got in the way. Now that it is Fall, I had those switches replaced and uploaded v21 software. W O W - Big difference! ! ! I was floored how much the game has evolved - lots of fixes, enhancements, added call outs and instructions where to shoot. Game already had good bones but now it feels gritty, like driving around town in a dragula. Like it so much in fact that I ordered the apron lcd mod.

You may remember that Fawzma did not have prior pinball coding experience, yet has managed to create a fun and challenging pin. Exactly the kind of new blood the industry needs. In fact Spooky’s history is one of a successful startup. They had newbie Ben Heck design and code AMH, while newbie Charlie Emery built it. Then it was newbie Charlie Emery designing his first game – RZ, while newbie Fawza coded it and new kid Charlie built it too. Game three is Alice Cooper. Game four is designed and being coded by newbie Scott Denesi - TNA, while veteran Charlie Emery is building it. Spooky is growing a company that is growing talent in house.

What are the upgrades I have been missing?

RZ UPDATE V21 - 8/14/2017
Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly
Fixed - AV now at V008, random read error
Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine
Fixed - mode select now works when using infected mode
Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist
Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.
Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.
Update - servo adjustments going down would roll to 255 instead of 12
Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1
Update - upper flippers will be forced off anytime they aren't needed
Update - Save light forced off after collecting 500 corpse in 1000c
Update - Balls search on start up kicks ball from lane instantly
Updated - "move your bra" removed.. only uses "pop your top".
Updated - Robot now moves in ball search
Updated - Lightnig mode strobes left orbit instead of blinking the hurryup
Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

RZ UPDATE V020 - 6/30/2017
Fixed - 7/12 - ball save timing changed to prevent premature end of ball
Fixed - 7/1 - goober didn't reset mode properly on drain
Fixed - Start to hold feature (when disabled) would end a game as soon as it was started
Fixed - Added more checks to resave settings when loaded settings are outside the normal value
Fixed - Ball save video plays when save activates on outside lanes
Fixed - Mode select flipper handling improvements. Much easier to use both flippers to select a mode
Fixed - Drop target will reset to correct position at the end of modes
Fixed - CHOP lane shifts works properly
Fixed - Using a space in your last initial works properly now
Fixed - Added a delay between name entry and match to help prevent match animation from not playing
Fixed - Reduced time between drain and extra ball eject and shows "PLAY AGAIN" instead of full animation
Fixed - Boombox switch was giving way to many points
Fixed - Ball search makes it through complete cycle witouttriggering a switch by mistake, deadswitch check increased with relation to search time set
Fixed - PF animation would hang during last score info
Fixed - added rampup debounce to VUK switch
Fixed - added rampup debounce to Drop Target
Fixed - LDG, Rob Zombie would say to hit targets 2 times to complete, when in fact you had to do it 3 times
Fixed - If you drain with drop target down and didn't lock ball, sneaking in behind drop target would gives
a lock credit on your next ball, then bug out the mode so you couldn't progress.
Fixed - Jackpot value increases now account for the multiplier
Fixed - Dead City, Some switches did not award point in MB
Fixed - Upper right sling did not award point if its the first switch hit in skill shot
Fixed - What! mode time refreshes when you roll over UPF switch.
Fixed - What! in bash mode, clips from first part of mode would play when the shouldn't
Fixed - What! mode total was being added to score when mode finished, effectively doubling your points in error
Fixed - Center ramp is worthless once superjackpot is ready, this includes the left inner lane, prevents ramp spamming in tourney
Fixed - Nasty scoring bug squashed that prevented points from being awarded.
Fixed - Infected mode, killer cards were being collected
Fixed - SuperBeast, player score now shown
Fixed - Music loops
Fixed - Extra ball only lights on 3rd ball and low score if tournament mode is off
Fixed - Match knocker moved to after reveal
Added - *NEW* mode start hurryup "Quick Lightning" light up lightning targets outside of a main mode to start timer. Get to VUK to start a mode in time to collect points reward
Added - Stop post added to ball search routine
Added - When game ends, the screen is dumped to last scores
Added - Menu setting to turn off/on the free play text - Main Menu
Added - Ballsearch time adjustable between 8 and 20 seconds. - Main Menu
Added - Last game score(s) now are part of the score tables as you hit the right flipper in attract mode
Added - PF RGB flashes when ball save is activated
Added - Game can be played with missing balls. Machine has to have at least 2 balls in the trough
Added - Game Over clip + music
Added - Dragula videomode into lightshow
Added - Shaker goes off with the Rev's in video mode intro
Added - Shaker when demon mode ends
Added - What! movie screen countdown added to start of mode, plus something extra
Added - Callout, if start pressed and no coins inserted (family and adult versions)
Added - Demonoid, voice countdown starts at 5 seconds remaining
Added - Demonoid, voices at certain points in time
Added - Lighning switches, causes lightning effect on lower RGB
Added - Shaker on thunder effect
Added - When in a mode, VUK triggers Spauldings entrance vocals
Added - Murder ride callouts for starting, and when collecting
Added - Replay value increases each game if a player reaches replay value. Replay value resets to normal when last game doesn't reach goal.
Added - Custom messages, 10..15..20..25..30 second custom message graphics. in "Operator Menu"
Added - Infected mode is back in. Infected flippers will not be used at this time.
Added - Search routine into infect drain routine
Added - Killer cards, after collecting card, value is now flashed
Added - Goober Mode, starts if you get the 6th ramp hand.. stopping short giving you points
Added - Murder Ride bonus mode for collecting all killer cards
Updated - Extraball - 1 knock, Replay - 2 knocks
Updated - Super pops changes to "Pop Your Top!" or "Move your Bra"
Updated - LDG, coffin light goes solid instead of off when collecting
Updated - Dirty pool logic cleaned up
Updated - Backbox pulses green with PF RGB
Updated - Replay value option in Game Settings, increases by 5 million instead of 10 million
Updated - Upper flipper temporary disabled when you get the JP multiplier to 4.
Updated - Drop target raised faster after LDG ends
Updated - Chop animation would play even if lane was already set, animation will play only if the lane wasn't completed already
Updated - Servos are powered down during drain to help reduce chatter
Updated - What! mode instructions play completely at first start of mode
Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered
Updated - Inner right obit switch added to What! mode complete check
Updated - Dragula pf lights updated to only show what shots are required for mode
Updated - Dragula ramp light blinks when one ramp is left to hit
Updated - Dragula, 3,2,1 more to go callouts added
Updated - Dragula video mode now has a car rev'ing/taking off SFX with running engine sound
Updated - Dragula Added timer to videomode/jackpot selection piece of the mode.
Updated - Dragula MB, jackpots are claimed but center ramp and stops when SJP is ready
Super jackpots start on center ramp then move around the next round
Once SPJ is claimed, parts collected resets.
Super jackpot activation takes more and more jackpot shots to get to the next round
Updated - Reduced drop target power in ball search. This will prevent the target from resetting all the way when it should be down
Updated - Dragula, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Dragula overtime, collecting parts advanced jackpot. center ramp collects.
Updated - Dragula overtime, coffin targets now collect car parts.
Updated - Dragula, milliseconds increased per second, and takes "13" seconds
Updated - Player initials autopopulated and set to end position for each score table
Updated - Deadcity, which target to hit animation added
Updated - Deadcity, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Deadcity, little rocker added as a collectible in MB
Updated - Deadcity, MB mode lights updated to stay on instead of going out when targets are hit
Updated - What! mode rewrite. After collecting RH or time running out on RH, mode goes into spaulding hurryup (if not collected). 30 seconds to collect displayed value.
Updated - What! MB now shows current jackpot. Advance jackpot multiplier on coffin switches. Increase jackpot by shooting through spauling gate
Updated - Demonoid, remove upper playfield switch requirement. Only 15 switches required.
Updated - Demonoid, in MB jackpot advanced on each switch hit. center ramp collects displayed value. Super jackpot resets switches
Updated - Demonoid, jackpot multiplier advancement added to start of mode. Increase your jackpot multiplier before getting into MB.
Updated - Demonoid, add a ball light changed to blink instead of pulse
Updated - Superbeast, Rob calls out superbeast sneak attack MB if used instead of normal MB callout
Updated - Superbeast, SJP locations limited to outer orbits and center ramp
Updated - SuperBeast, in MB, advance jackpot but dropping drop target. Timer starts up and you have 20 amount of seconds to increase JP value by completing right inner orbit
Updated - Superbeast, MB JP starts at JP multiplierx2 due to difficult of increasing jackpots
Updated - Superbeast, updated the same as previous modes when in MB. shows JP values..etc. jackpot collected from center ramp, supers from random places
Updated - SuperBeast, animations updated with progress indicator
Updated - American Witch, updated the same as previous modes when in MB. shows JP values..etc. jackpot collected from center ramp, supers from random places
Updated - American Witch, in adult mode, dancing witches are only used.
Updated - Mode start flashes along with arrow instead of strobing when you are out of a main mode
Updated - Killer cards, when a card is ready to collect, that card blinks. doesn't strobe anymore
Updated - Killer cards, score values increment after Satan is collected
Updated - Spaulding hurryup blinks instead of strobes
Updated - Robot servo disabled on skillshot start to reduce wear. Enables when needed.
Updated - Rattle voice priority set to lowest
Updated - Rob calls MB for all modes except What!, Sid calls out instead.
Updated - If mode is complete and not in infected mode, mode selected shows mode complete version or clip

#9313 6 years ago

Listing a couple of code suggestions to see if others support for version v23.

1) Demonoid - disable flipper controlling upper pf inserts, requiring player to hit both left and right switches once.

2) LDG - lighting should be unlit by default, blink when mode is ready or running and solidly lit if mode is won. Would make more sense thematically and be a nice reward for running the mode.

3) Infection - any mode that is started but not finished the first time, is labeled infected on the menu. If selected again, player must win to complete mode, lighting the insert and showing up as completed on the mode menu. Failing to win the second time around costs half his points awarded to preceding player AND it completes that mode for all other players. Losing player is inoculated and that shows up on menu and he can try replaying that mode without additional penalty beyond the loss of balls (pinballs, not his beans! and his dignity). One person games pay the same penalties for losing. If player doesn't want to risk penalties of losing an infected mode, they should only play each mode once per game.

Note - all infected modes are started the first time in reverse flippers if enabled in the game menu. The flippers start normally in further attempts.

When playing HO1KC- the cost of losing an infected round (your second attempt) is loss of all your corpses go to preceding player. If that pushes them over 1k, they collect that insert.

4) Super Jackpot - currently modes and multiballs utilize the ramp to collect jackpots. Add a super jackpot opportunity worth 10x jackpot and make collectible by shooting left orbit to upper playfield, hit Spaulding once to open gate and a second time to fall in hole to collect. Some cool call outs to accompany, of course.

5) Sync ball save insert with ball saver, dammit. When I lose a ball and the ball save insert is blinking, I want my ball. Regardless of if it is ball one or ball three. I am sure this is timing and software matter than can be overcome, but my OCD cannot forgive this much longer.

6) Playfield Multipliers - Unsure how playfield multipliers work, but would love to see one incorporated that loosely resembles what Centaur does for each completion of the top rollovers. It would need to be better lit on the playfield or screen. In RZ, each ball resets at the launch of a ball. In RZ's case, every completion of 'chop' + left/right switches on upper playfield can be collected at the blinking multiplier targets on playfield and will result in an increase of the playfield multiplier by one. Entire balls bonus is multiplied by playfield multiplier for award. But don't tilt because you'll never see the ball bonus.

7) Mode multipliers are not generally needed and can continue to be the add a ball. The multipliers on the playfield are for HO1KC and to collect playfield multiplier.

Potentially big rewards from items 3 & 4 & 6 allow some brand new scoring strategies to evolve.

When do the reverse flippers come into play?

ps - looking forward to receiving and installing my apron mod.

1 month later
#9409 6 years ago

This is whats coming for V22

RZ UPDATE V22
Added - Flipper power is now controllable
Added - New Mega Corpse mode. Every 250 corpse collected goes into Mega Corpse Mode
- Mega starts at 250, 500, 750, and 1000
- Value collected at 1000 is proporsional to the amount of balls you have left on the field
- Hit drop target 1+n times to claim displayed amount, within the amount of time given
Added - Instant Info is now available. Hold left or right flipper for 8 seconds to engage
- Use other flipper to scroll through the data
Added - Left/Right orbit switches now do a rapid flash on their respective flasher to indicate ball location
Added - New node. Cycle between the Radio target, robot and chicken bucket. Completing one moves to the next. Gets progressily harder to collect
- Boombox Blast
- Robot Rumble
- Chicken Bucket Bash
Added - Dirty Pool changed to show progress and a score value as well as a new graphic
Update - Infected mode has a new option.
- Off
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode you already beat
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode at any time
Update - Attract video handling method changed to help get rid of overlapped text
Update - Super beast would not end properly on apron mod
Update - Lane kickoff only happens when load routine has finished
Update - Dragula timer was resetting back to 20 seconds. Base start time starts at 15 seconds instead of 13
Update - Superbeast center ramp strobes instead of pulses arrow for urgency
Update - Removed hard-coded ball count of 6, now accounts for missing balls
Update - Removed screen setting reset on version change
Update - Attract video timings changed to avoid chance of video being missed being played
Update - Card collecting removed while in infected mode
Update - Lowered killer card video priority to allow JP animations to play out
Update - Hellbound - Added extra info to show how satan bash were reduces due to robots built
Fixed - Buffer overflow was causing the MB variable to change, causing unintended MB's
Fixed - 1000 corpse multiplier targets were not giving points
Fixed - Backglass lighting increased to 100%
Fixed - High Rez dot setting was not saving properly
Fixed - What mode ending did not reset apron mod mode status.
Fixed - Ball/player/number of players was resetting back to 1 when Hellbound finished
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in SuperBeast giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in Deadcity part 1, giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in American Witch, giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG Jackpot/SJP award messages would be missing the value
Fixed - Killer card collecting is back to being collectible during any mode. Murder ride hurryup will only activate when not in a selected mode
Fixed - Card Member EOB X and the bonus amount overlapped
Fixed - American Witch, beating mode would play the wrong MB void clip
Fixed - Random chance not all numbers were clearing when skillshot clip was playing
Fixed - Leftover flashing numbers would show up in Goober mods
Fixed - Drop target would not reset at the end of Goober
Fixed - Robots built clip did not show the amount on screen
Fixed - Robots assembly clip was missing for the 60% mark
Fixed - Spaulding (get to the murder ride...) voice timer was't being killed at the end of a ball. This was a global timer and not player specific, so it could lead to confusion.
Fixed - 1000 Corpse mode light would blink at the wrong time. Due to old code trying to stack LDG
Fixed - 1000 Corpse mode count might not show the total orpse colelcted at the end of mode
Fixed - Several mode end detection routines were set to look for a specific value
Fixed - Superpop value would not show while in a main mode

1 week later
#9455 6 years ago

Here is V22 patch notes.

RZ UPDATE V22 - 11/22/2017
Added - Flipper power is now controllable
Added - New Mega Corpse mode. Every 250 corpse collected goes into Mega Corpse Mode
- Mega starts at 250, 500, 750, and 1000
- Value collected at 1000 is proportional to the amount of balls you have left on the field
- Hit drop target 1+n times to claim displayed amount, within the amount of time given
Added - Instant Info is now available. Hold left or right flipper for 8 seconds to engage
- Use other flipper to scroll through the data
Added - Left/Right orbit switches now do a rapid flash on their respective flasher to indicate ball location
Added - New node. Cycle between the Radio target, robot and chicken bucket. Completing one moves to the next. Gets progressively harder to collect
- Boombox Blast
- Robot Rumble
- Chicken Bucket Bash
Added - Dirty Pool changed to show progress and a score value as well as a new graphic
Update - Infected mode has a new option.
- Off
- Activated when you fail a select able mode you already beat
- Activated when you fail a select-able mode at any time
Update - What victory lap utilizes the spaulding gate to advace jackpot 2+n times
Shoot past spauling to load up on jackpots from center ramp
Collect the super jackpot, then go back to spaulding to advance jackpot further
Update - Attract video handling method changed to help get rid of overlapped text
Update - Super beast would not end properly on apron mod
Update - Lane kickoff only happens when load routine has finished
Update - Dragula timer was resetting back to 20 seconds. Base start time starts at 15 seconds instead of 13
Update - Superbeast center ramp strobes instead of pulses arrow for urgency
Update - Removed hard-coded ball count of 6, now accounts for missing balls
Update - Removed screen setting reset on version change
Update - Attract video timings changed to avoid chance of video being missed being played
Update - Card collecting removed while in infected mode
Update - Lowered killer card video priority to allow JP animations to play out
Update - Hellbound - Added extra info to show how satan bash were reduces due to robots built
Update - American Witch, coffin save reduced to 10 seconds
Update - Hellbound spaulding bashes reduced to 13 - robots built or 5 whichever if greater;
Update - Superbeast, added instructions to the score display to indicate the JP advance method
Update - What,gate now used to advance jackpot in victory lap mode
Update - What, instruction added to indicate jackpot advancement
Fixed - Buffer overflow was causing the MB variable to change, causing unintended MB's
Fixed - 1000 corpse multiplier targets were not giving points
Fixed - Backglass lighting increased to 100%
Fixed - High Rez dot setting was not saving properly
Fixed - What mode ending did not reset apron mod mode status.
Fixed - Ball/player/number of players was resetting back to 1 when Hellbound finished
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in SuperBeast giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in Deadcity part 1, giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in American Witch, giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG Jackpot/SJP award messages would be missing the value
Fixed - Killer card collecting is back to being collectible during any mode. Murder ride hurryup will only activate when not in a selected mode
Fixed - Card Member EOB X and the bonus amount overlapped
Fixed - American Witch, beating mode would play the wrong MB void clip
Fixed - Random chance not all numbers were clearing when skillshot clip was playing
Fixed - Leftover flashing numbers would show up in Goober mods
Fixed - Drop target would not reset at the end of Goober
Fixed - Robots built clip did not show the amount on screen
Fixed - Robots assembly clip was missing for the 60% mark
Fixed - Spaulding (get to the murder ride...) voice timer was't being killed at the end of a ball. This was a global timer and not player specific, so it could lead to confusion.
Fixed - 1000 Corpse mode light would blink at the wrong time. Due to old code trying to stack LDG
Fixed - 1000 Corpse mode count might not show the total corpse collected at the end of mode
Fixed - Several mode end detection routines were set to look for a specific value
Fixed - Superpop value would not show while in a main mode
Fixed - Mode complete lights where not staying on like they should
Fixed - Red Hot mode light didn't light up when it was supposed to
Fixed - All modes lights stay lit after completing
Fixed - American Witch, coffin targets strobe to indicate you need to save yourself
Fixed - American Witch, left orbit didnt strobe immediately on start
Fixed - removed the pop/sling warning that was in queue during the fail message
Fixed - Dead City, collecting 5 target sections in victory lap would display the wrong super JP location on screen
Fixed - Hellbound would be ready sooner than it should, was missing goober mode check and used the wrong corpse mode end condition

1 month later
#9708 6 years ago

RZ$$I is fantastic and code is one of the best parts, but there are some adjustments that could make the game even better imho. Some have been mentioned before and I am not particularly good at communication, but i hoped to consolidate a list and it would be great to hear if any of these might be added to the next game update by the software design team. Sorry for the long post that follows.

RZ TO DO LIST

1) Infected Mode -

One of three promised features discussed in the game's early development that sold me on a RZ preorder. Currently Infected begins after a mode times out and when you still have a ball in play. Once completed, it lights up on the mode menu. The rules for infected have evolved a few times and maybe it's time to ratchet the wheel another quarter turn.

Change infected to count any mode that is started and not completed as a fail, including those in which the ball drains before the mode times out. So any mode started would result in one of three outcomes - it would be completed, would be timed out and infected mode started or ball would drain and mode would become infected. An infected mode will appear on the mode menu with an infected symbol. To clear an infection, the infected mode may initially be won following the timing out of any mode, or subsequently by choosing to start an incomplete infected mode. When starting an infected mode, you should have to beat infected mode first to clear infection and then the regular mode would automatically start and you need to beat it to complete mode. Fail but keep ball in play after the mode times out and infected mode starts again. Completed modes should not be selectable again, however, infected modes should be.

2) Fawzma Flippers -

The second promised feature which is currently not implemented, although it was for a short period, was the use of reverse flippers during infection mode.

Add menu option for flipper style to use for infection mode with options being - standard flippers, reverse flippers or inverted reverse flippers. Selected style will run during entirety of infection mode. Improving on this idea, rather than one setting for the whole game, allow each player to select their desired style. This would be pretty sweet because this would also allow other players to select a style for You. My personal desire would be to add a menu option for flipper style to be used during the whole game, not just infection mode. Play the whole game with reverse or inverted flippers. Sure it would be difficult but it would also allow you to practice your aiming skills under duress. Should that feature become a standard feature in all of Fawzma's games, calling style selection - Fawzma Flippers - is an easy name to use. even though that is not his name.

3) Corpse Stealing -

Third promised feature that distinguishes this game is not currently implemented.

Add menu option to allow corpse stealing. At the beginning of HTC, a window pops up showing how many corpses have been collected by each player. You are asked whether you wish to play the mode or to steal corpses. If you chose to steal, you pick which player's corpses and those are transferred to you and your ball is released. Once 1000 corpses have been accumulated - at any time during the game and by any player, that player gets the light show, a call out and a lit insert. Once HTC is completed, that player' corpses can not be stolen later in the game.

4) HTC (1000 Corpses) mode -

Currently each switch counts as one corpse and you can multiply the total collected by hitting the two x targets for a value of 1 x or 2 x total. This typically results in in 200 to 600 corpses being collected, almost never can 1000 be collected. Corpse count appears on screen at end of mode and you cannot recall it later.

Change multiplier rules so that after collecting 2x multiplier, one additional set of hits to the x targets requalifies them and another set of hits increases multipliers to 3x and 4x. This should allow player to reach 1000 corpses on one really good ball. Once HTC has been reached, it needs a damn nice light show, an obnoxious call out and for the HTC insert to be lit. Pressing flipper buttons during game should bring up game status and this includes showing corpse count. Current corpse count and multiplier to be shown while playing HTC.

5) Add Fuckin' Funny Clown Secret Jackpot - Capt Spaulding is the best character in all the RZ movies and he deserves his own jackpot.

Hitting a ball to the upper playfield during any multiball will activate the upper flipper. Hit the Spaulding gate once to open and another shot to sink ball in the Spaulding hole. This triggers flashers, a cool Spaulding quote and awards 3 million points. The reward must be big enough to tempt a player into trying the maneuver because the risk for losing the other balls in play is high. Every score could benefit from winning one or two FFCSJ's

6) Demonoid -

Currently requires hitting 15 switches on lower playfield to complete the mode.

Add 2 targets from upper playfield as a requirement for the mode as originally programmed. This adds difficulty but provides a feeling of accomplishing something big.

7) Add content for apron screen -

Could be used to explain rules in attract mode. Could be used to suggest what to hit during game play. Could also be used to cycle through game status screen during game play. Game status needs to be added to the game anyways via holding in flipper, but the small apron screen automatically scroll through game status. That way useful info is provided via the apron, but it is also available to those who don't upgrade with the apron mod.

.8) Update rule sheet -

Rules have grown and it is both important and useful to capture latest rules and scoring.

So not so much stuff but it refines things somewhat. Items #3-5 add new scoring opportunities. What do you think?

3 weeks later
#9734 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I was looking for the button combo that can be held down to enter adult mode. Of course it needs to be enabled in the menus.
Thanks

"auto adult" needs to be turned on and adult sounds+video need to be disabled. Then the flipper code will work to put the game into adult mode.

5 months later
#9930 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't really see the great rush. I'm sure Fawzma will get round to it once the bulk of the work on the new release - ACNC - is out of the way.
I suspect it already would have happened if they hadn't switched from PinHeck to P3ROC.

Rush? I've had my game since May of 2016. It's July 2018. I don't think 2 years is unreasonable to expect finished code, especially one of the major modes (reverse flipper infection) that was a marketing teaser early on and one of the reasons I bought in.

I really respect Spooky for what they're doing, but I have noticed that the focus quickly shifts to the next game, and we're left twisting. It almost happened with AMH were it not for the insistence of Ben Heck finishing that game. With Ben gone, I don't think Fawzma has the same leverage, so I'm sure he's following whatever direction Charlie points him in. Unfortunately, that hasn't been working on RZ anymore.

#9936 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I don't think 2 years is unreasonable to expect finished code, especially one of the major modes (reverse flipper infection) that was a marketing teaser early on and one of the reasons I bought in.

I think the issue here is that the Pinheck board doesn't support flipper control as well as was expected. This was an issue on AMH as well. The Doctor ghost mode originally had a 'thing flip/phantom flip' it did with the left flipper that was causing the same 3 amp fuse to blow. Ben eventually removed this feature from the code.

2 months later
#10127 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Spooky has given us everything advertised to come with the game.

This thread is a club thread and should be talking about high scores mods and other fun club owners are having with their game. I even recently posted custom speaker lights. Then when I checked back I found two pages of companints about code as if you all still had version 18. I’m alittle dissapointed by this “club”.

No, they have not given us everything. Reverse Flipper mode has been disabled since the early releases due to a bug causing fuses to blow. This was advertised in the pre-order as a feature. H1K is no longer achievable due to a bug in the code, not recognizing the multipliers. Basic functions like ball counts still have bugs.

Don't know how you determined this was a club thread, but it's not. It was started to discuss the announcement of the game, the features, the development, the release, and now the enjoyment and issues. If you want to start a club thread, do so, but this isn't it.

It seems odd to me, that we can't discuss the pin's deficiencies, without being labeled as complainers. I still own my game. I have #4 LE, so I put my money where my mouth was in supporting Spooky. Likewise with the AMH that I bought preorder before RZ. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a complete game, including features that were promised with pre-order 3 years ago.

#10133 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

medisinyl THANKS! great call... Do you recall what yours is set to? Also just placed order for a gas pump...

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Otherwise, it may be 4.5. Before they introduced code that allowed half steps, the VUK was either too weak at one step (struggled to get up the tube), then too strong on the next, causing the ball to miss the flipper. Ever since that change, I've had a very reliable upper playfield. If that doesn't fix it, pitch and side-to-side level may be worth double checking if you just set the game up without too much tweaking.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

medisinyl makes a nice gas station mod and 3D gas pumps for the upper playfield if you want to spice it up a bit
Does anybody else's upper PF appear to tilt slightly to the left in comparison to the main pf? I ensured that mine is sitting on it's supports but it just looks a little crooked. Maybe it's just normal.

Mine seems to be slightly tilted as well. Perhaps it's part of the design to better feed the flipper or prevent a hang-up somewhere?

And thanks for the mention

2 years later
#10785 3 years ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Hey all, I’m newbie to the hobby and RZ is my first machine. I love the game but I’m having an issue with fuse 2 repeatedly blowing. Not exactly sure what I should be looking for, but it definitely seems to be related to the left flipper. Looks like the previous owner did a pretty rough job soldering that one. Think that might be the issue or any other suggestions on what I should be looking for?
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-blowing-3amp-fuse

Make sure your code is up to date. Contrary to Fawzma, there was early code issues that caused flipper fuse to blow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 210.00
Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "Flipper code".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tq=Flipper+code&tu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.