Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 210.
#4901 3 years ago

AMH and RZ were set up at MGC and they played Great. Two awesome games!

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My brother bought a TOM from you a couple years ago, and he told me how cool your setup is.

I had no idea that was your bro! If you guys are ever in the area, feel free to hit me up to play some games.

#4903 3 years ago

Does the game follow any particular story or is it just random modes? Are the modes tied together in any way?

#4904 3 years ago

Modes are based on RZ songs and have their own unique features and ways to score points. I wouldn't call it "story" based as you can select which song you want each time you start a mode.

#4906 3 years ago

Cool, I was going to ask if anyone saw that . My coworker said he saw that on the news last night .

#4907 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:Nice Spooky article.

Great article,....surprised they didn't mention the Dominoes pin.

#4908 3 years ago

extra extra - are you ready for something that's gonna bring you back after the commercial break? .... Man quits job. That's the worst story title I ever saw, well at least the story was an interesting. Congrats to Team Spooky.

#4909 3 years ago

Very cool news article... Congrats to Spooky and the gang!

PS: I'm glad to be part of the family; AMH & RZLE#5

#4911 3 years ago

RZ will now rise or fall based on the code.

TWD was saved by Lyman with fantastic use of multipliers etc.

Any reviews of early code yet?

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

RZ will now rise or fall based on the code.

100% agree with this.

The layout is avg, the art is good, the theme is good for most, but ALL rests on the sholder of coding and good risk v reward plus fun factor and immersion. So far I would say the code has a LONG ways to go and hope the code monkey can start to take on a similar path that Ben has with AMH (continual improvement, a thinck skin, and the ability to take feedback from the core group of owners throughout production and well past when the last game is delivered). It is nice to have a new brain coding in pinball but with that also comes some risk.

#4913 3 years ago

I have confidence in David. He's already taken a ton of customer input and implemented some into the code and has shown no signs of stopping. The code is very early, and already has many additions. I believe it will only continue to get better. I think only about 10 units have shipped so far so there's plenty of time to get lots more code updates.

#4914 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

100% agree with this.
The layout is avg, the art is good, the theme is good for most, but ALL rests on the sholder of coding and good risk v reward plus fun factor and immersion. So far I would say the code has a LONG ways to go and hope the code monkey can start to take on a similar path that Ben has with AMH (continual improvement, a thinck skin, and the ability to take feedback from the core group of owners throughout production and well past when the last game is delivered). It is nice to have a new brain coding in pinball but with that also comes some risk.

I was under the impression that code was almost done? If that is not true then Fawzma, can you comment on what percentage is currently done? Or for those that have their games can you comment on how many of the planned 6 song modes and 4 sub modes are currently in the game?

#4915 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The game is basically done. We made a last minute change in the way the game will update. Other than that, the game will evolve from now till the last game ships. Anyone who played the game prior to Texas and suggested a change/fix; they are in there.
There are a couple extra things I want to add in but it will have to wait till later. Everything else I'll get feedback on.
When you get your game you'll want to go into the options and play around with settings. Lots of extras I didn't want to have turned on by default.

I was sorta thinking the same thing based on the quote above from a couple of months ago. Not 100% sure though.

#4916 3 years ago

The last RZ is ready 12/18 months from now (its in the video),so is the code.

#4917 3 years ago

The core main modes and submodes are all complete. Now its a matter of finishing the wizard mode. The code is done on it, just need to clean it up. Modes will be tweaked and additions will come over time. My main concern is to make sure there are no game breaking bugs.

Version 5 is up for those using the updater. Manual updaters will have to wait for the zip file to be uploaded.

#4918 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The core main modes and submodes are all complete. Now its a matter of finishing the wizard mode. The code is done on it, just need to clean it up. Modes will be tweaked and additions will come over time. My main concern is to make sure there are no game breaking bugs.
Version 5 is up for those using the updater. Manual updaters will have to wait for the zip file to be uploaded.

Okay, that's pretty much what I thought. I was confused by other's comments that the code had a "LONG" way to go because the game seemed pretty awesome to me already. Although sure, there can be a lot of tweaking as noted to balance scoring and risk versus reward, I'll agree with that much.

If anyone who already has their game can take some video of gameplay in a home setting where the sounds can be heard a lot better I would love to see it! I don't think I have seen many of the modes and sub modes yet.

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Are there any multi-balls that are independent from the main modes/sub modes? Can you stack any of the modes/sub modes together or stack a multi-ball with a mode? I would love to have some discussion on general strategy from some of the owners that have had the game for a while. Is there decent risk/reward in the game? Do the multipliers play a large role in the strategy? I can't wait to put some time on one and figure these types of things out!

#4920 3 years ago

I haven't played RZ yet, so my opinion on anything isn't worth much. Here it is anyways.

Every game doesn't have to be crazy deep. Every game doesn't have to be Lyman or Keefer in execution. Especially not Keefer, let him own that sector, but as much as I respect and admire Lyman it's okay to do things other ways too.

RZ started life as a very simple game. Wasn't even going to have an autolauncher. All physical ball locks. The OG plan when it was still Pinball Zombies was alphanumeric scoring, and Chuck said roughly the depth of a System 11.

Since then it's come a long way. Full color LCD display. Autolaunch with crazy multiball. More shots, and a lot deeper code than was originally planned. From what I hear it's hard as balls, and getting the the wizard mode isn't easy. Looking forward to trying (and failing) myself when friends I have get theirs.

David's tried new things, been really available and open to feedback, and I just hope that this negative bullshit this forum fosters doesn't start treating him like some Stern code debacle. Let Spooky execute their vision, and if it's not for you? Don't buy it.

#4921 3 years ago

I think David's done an awesome job with the code and to say it has a long way to go is not accurate at all.
When I played it back in December it was missing some modes but even then I wouldn't have called it a long way off unless of course 2-1/2 months is a long time for you. The game was a lot of fun to play in Texas.

He's a full time Spooky employee and if he needs to go back and tweak a few things in a few months, it's not going to be an issue.

So in short.....continue what you're doing David and keep KICKING ASS on Rob Zombie and the rest of those awesome projects Spooky has planned for you!

One happy Rob Zombie LE owner here!

#4922 3 years ago

I agree that David has done a fine job on code. I played the game back in January and had a blast! Modes were all unique and fun. Game was challenging and brutal. I'm just anxious to learn more about strategy. Game seems plenty deep considering how tough it plays. I'm just hoping it has some risk/reward and forces player to make some strategic choices possibly including some stacking. Would really love to see a top player like KME or Bowen put it through its paces and see it's potential! So far from the videos I've seen the best games have only 1-2 modes started and have barely scratched the surface.

Jetzxi, how do you approach playing it? Are there certain modes you gravitate towards? Have you found any good strategies involving the playfield multipliers? Is 1000 corpse multiball still the ticket for huge points or has that been balanced out with the other modes? I just want to hear some discussion or maybe a kickass gameplay video while I wait patiently for my game! Thanks in advance.

#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just hope that this negative bullshit this forum fosters doesn't start treating him like some Stern code debacle. Let Spooky execute their vision, and if it's not for you? Don't buy it.

Aurich well said

Anyway from what i played of it i think it's awesome and plays fast with old school feel. Just like amh your have to beable to play it for awhile b4 you understand it which you can't do at pinball shows.

#4924 3 years ago

Thanks guys!! I have no problem with the negatives, 15 years of listening to that kind of crap at my last job, this is cake.

Keep in mind, this game does not lend if self to the "traditional shots". We had to think outside the box and do things a bit different.

As for stacking modes, because of the way the modes work, stacking would be dangerous. Most modes have negative shots. Being in multiball when those modes start would cause you to fail immediately.

BTW, for those using the updater, you'll need to redownload the rzupdate file. I now include a what's new file with the update. Just extract the exe file and overwrite the existing one. One of these days, I'll make it self update.

#4925 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

15 years of listening to that kind of crap at my last job, this is cake.

feedback = "crap"

"so disappointing"

#4926 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

feedback = "crap"
"so disappointing"

negativity = "crap"

feedback = "cool"

#4927 3 years ago

looking forward to playing the game more, but my last feedback still stands (unless things have dramatically changed post MGC). The game is unbalanced and does not use code well to balance physical risk/reward. Competitive play needs to be factored in for lastability in homes where 1 dimensional strategies of coding can make even a great layout boring and a wood chopping event.

I need more time on it in a better play environment to give more constructive feedback, but in general terns I think games being delivered is just the start of code and it feels pretty beta from what I played at TPF and MGC. Last we talked you insinuated coding was pretty polished in your mind and you were busy with dominoes and the next game already.

In my opinion after the first 100 get delivered is when you will start to get the real and valuable feedback. until then it is fanboys and limited play in a less than optimal show environment.

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looking forward to playing the game more, but my last feedback still stands (unless things have dramatically changed post MGC). The game is unbalanced and does not use code well to balance physical risk/reward. Competitive play needs to be factored in for lastability in homes where 1 dimensional strategies of coding can make even a great layout boring and a wood chopping event.
I need more time on it in a better play environment to give more constructive feedback, but in general terns I think games being delivered is just the start of code and it feels pretty beta from what I played at TPF and MGC. Last we talked you insinuated coding was pretty polished in your mind and you were busy with dominoes and the next game already.
In my opinion after the first 100 get delivered is when you will start to get the real and valuable feedback. until then it is fanboys and limited play in a less than optimal show environment.

I like the game when I got to play it at MGC buuuuuuuuuuut I may be biased....or not.... up to you

#4929 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Competitive play needs to be factored in for lastability in homes where 1 dimensional strategies of coding can make even a great layout boring and a wood chopping event.

Making it a good tournament game is a great goal to have... over time players do learn how to exploit holes in the ruleset.

#4930 3 years ago

I think constructive feedback by owners and those who have game time on RZ is really important as code is still evolving. Everyone wants the game to be as good as it can be and a polished code will ensure this.

For me deep games can be boring and a chore. This game is sounding similar to BSD ruleset ( vaguely ) which I love.

The thing with code/rules is that a few tweaks, a new idea etc, can utterly transform a game. What Lyman did with Metallica is a great example.

So, while a game is still in development and changes can be made, a forum to discuss this seems pretty sensible.

#4931 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think constructive feedback by owners and those who have game time on RZ is really important as code is still evolving.
The thing with code/rules is that a few tweaks, a new idea etc, can utterly transform a game. What Lyman did with Metallica is a great example.
So, while a game is still in development and changes can be made, a forum to discuss this seems pretty sensible.

+1000! Pretty much all of Lyman's games are disappointing at release. I wouldn't want to own an ACDC, Met, or TWD on initial release code. The magic happened once feedback was received from top players and rules were tweaked to bring in the risk/reward element and scoring balanced between modes. As long as this is done on RZ I think we'll be in great shape! I think in Lyman's case it's a given that his will happen since he's a highly ranked player with tons of game programming experience. As long as David is willing to listen to experienced players and take suggestions we should be fine.

#4932 3 years ago

Anybody know how many games have shipped so far and how the run in general is going? I think the last confirmed shipment on this thread is #8.

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Thanks guys!! I have no problem with the negatives, 15 years of listening to that kind of crap at my last job, this is cake.
Keep in mind, this game does not lend if self to the "traditional shots". We had to think outside the box and do things a bit different.
As for stacking modes, because of the way the modes work, stacking would be dangerous. Most modes have negative shots. Being in multiball when those modes start would cause you to fail immediately.
BTW, for those using the updater, you'll need to redownload the rzupdate file. I now include a what's new file with the update. Just extract the exe file and overwrite the existing one. One of these days, I'll make it self update.

YES!!!! The 'thinking outside of the box' design of this game is what led me to opt in for this game...

I love the fact that we can now update code in pins which gives the programmer a chance to make the changes the want/need. I would like to see more informative feedback, and less emotional feedback when it comes to code. As a programming myself, I am not interested in why someone doesn't like my work...I am interested in any well thought out suggestions they may have that would make it better. That's useful information.

Much respect for the pinball programmers....ALL OF THEM...

#4936 3 years ago

Anyone know if Spooky will have an option for this to be factory installed?

I'd pay for that

#4937 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

They're going to sell 300 of them.

Maybe 299. I value my ears too much

#4938 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Anyone know if Spooky will have an option for this to be factory installed?
I'd pay for that

spooky would be crazy not to install! LOL

#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

+1000! Pretty much all of Lyman's games are disappointing at release. I wouldn't want to own an ACDC, Met, or TWD on initial release code. The magic happened once feedback was received from top players and rules were tweaked to bring in the risk/reward element and scoring balanced between modes. As long as this is done on RZ I think we'll be in great shape! I think in Lyman's case it's a given that his will happen since he's a highly ranked player with tons of game programming experience. As long as David is willing to listen to experienced players and take suggestions we should be fine.

So what you are trying to say is Lyman needed feedback from other players to make his games great? I think you are off on this. I'm pretty sure he has ideas about what he wants to do with the code but just needs time to work it all out & with Stern pulling him in too many directions at once it generally causes a delay in getting the code to where he intends it to be.

#4940 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So what you are trying to say is Lyman needed feedback from other players to make his games great? I think you are off on this. I'm pretty sure he has ideas about what he wants to do with the code but just needs time to work it all out & with Stern pulling him in too many directions at once it generally causes a delay in getting the code to where he intends it to be.

I think it's both. Most changes are his ideas and vision from the start but I know Lyman has taken suggestions from the Sharpe's and other tourney players regarding score balancing and tournament strategies . If he sees tourney players abusing a scoring strategy/exploit he will at least try to correct it. I know Dwight listens for feedback as well. He put KME's suggestion for switching the flippers back via the captive ball during mass hysteria multiball in GB.

Since David is new to the hobby and not a tourney player I hope he will at least listen to ideas from the community. I think the framework of the rules/general vision should be all him but suggestions to balance rules/reduce exploits should be considered. For example if 1000corpses MB is too valuable maybe try to reduce the scoring a bit and bring up scoring in other modes via multipliers. As long as the code is somewhat balanced and has some risk/reward I wll be happy!

#4941 3 years ago

Can anyone post a video of the game-play?

#4942 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe 299. I value my ears too much

Power setting is adjustable

#4943 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can anyone post a video of the game-play?

Yeah, I would really like to see version 5 of the code in a home setting to boot. Would be nice! Someone with their game help us out?

#4944 3 years ago

Once I have mine I'll broadcast and upload a bunch of gameplay.

Probably won't be for another month though.

#4945 3 years ago

Road trip with Rob Zombie

20160521_115418_(resized).jpg

#4946 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Power setting is adjustable

Or you can stick one of those blue rubber squares on the metal plate like the seance knocker on the Addams family.
Im not sure how that will sound in a backbox though.

#4947 3 years ago

For those that have received their RZ, could you please post your game number here so it can help those waiting have a an idea where they are in game production. I am number 159 and was told earliest could be late summer. That sounds extremely quick.....but it sounds like production is going well.

#4948 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

For those that have received their RZ, could you please post your game number here so it can help those waiting have a an idea where they are in game production. I am number 159 and was told earliest could be late summer. That sounds extremely quick.....but it sounds like production is going well.

159 should be in the winter sometime imo, 18 month build so add 9 months to the start date should land you in January or february.

I'm right behind you at 164.

#4949 3 years ago

#12 shipped friday

#4950 3 years ago

And they are rolling out!

Excited RZ buyer here 1/3 of the pack behind in games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside