Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 211.
#4851 3 years ago

I always heard the same and yes Kayte via email.

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

All that being said, I would be willing to swap spots

I have been receiving many PM's for my #90 spot, so just in case anyone else was interested, I swapped and I am now #293.

#4853 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Wait, what? The standard RZ will come with a screen printed backglass and not a translite? That is not what I heard previously. Who told you this? Kayte?

That's what I've always understood... Both standard and LE will come with their respective backglasses and translites would be made available separately. Not sure where you got conflicting info.

#4854 3 years ago

That's how Stern does it, backglass for LE, translite for pro/premium. That's probably where he got the info.

Quoted from emkay:

Not sure where you got conflicting info.

#4855 3 years ago

I just emailed Kayte this afternoon to ask her about buying translights. And to ask about what did the standard ship with. This the response from her on both questions below.

All games will ship with a true backglass.

I will be selling translites again, but I am currently out of stock.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

I just emailed Kayte this afternoon to ask her about buying translights. And to ask about what did the standard ship with. This the response from her on both questions below.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually thought I overheard Kayte at MGC say the regular edition was just a translite but apparently that's not the case.

#4857 3 years ago

I bought the game( number 133) and thought it was coming with a translite.I always thought it was just the first 50 that had a true Backglass. It's actually a nice surprise to find out today that all of them will have a real backglass.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

Yep, pleasantly surpised here too. Getting ready to bodysurf the RZ wave.

snoop3.gif

#4859 3 years ago

I thought the backglass was limited to the LE and the standards had a translite too. If the standard has a backglass too and both artwork versions are up for grabs, whats special about the LE?

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I thought the backglass was limited to the LE and the standards had a translite too. If the standard has a backglass too and both artwork versions are up for grabs, whats special about the LE?

I didn't want to say it myself, lol, but I was thinking the same thing. $500 difference for the custom-cut armor and a small LE plate I guess. Maybe the LE's are coming with a shaker too? If nothing else, they get their games first I guess.

#4861 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:Maybe the LE's are coming with a shaker too?

As an LE buyer... not that I am aware of. Really getting hard to justify the extra $500.00. I do much prefer the side armor, but actually like the standard backglass better and the plaque is a lame plastic.

#4862 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I didn't want to say it myself, lol, but I was thinking the same thing. $500 difference for the custom-cut armor and a small LE plate I guess. Maybe the LE's are coming with a shaker too? If nothing else, they get their games first I guess.

Getting the game first is a big one I'd think. Just overnight shipping on a small item is a huge price difference, and getting the game a year+earlier than many is significant.

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

As an LE buyer... not that I am aware of. Really getting hard to justify the extra $500.00. I do much prefer the side armor, but actually like the standard backglass better and the plaque is a lame plastic.

If your not happy I'll trade you my standard. I am in the 70s if I recall.

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Custom armor, small le plate, first delivery and a different backglass (preferred design by most here). There is probably more but hey, these aren't lottery winners, they are LE buyers - RZ fans, Spooky Groupies, pinball lovers, people who love to play pinball, enthusiasts, yes men, minions, drug dealers, game operaters, vulture kapitalists, John Galteans, transexuals, pinball flippers, taxi drivers and lawyers. I think this package has great value and at least 40 people on Pinside agree by expressing their desire to swap their standards for the le if available. I guess LE buyers must be pretty pleased with their decision.

#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

If nothing else, they get their games first I guess.

Is that a plus?

#4866 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... and a different backglass (preferred design by most here).

Is that really true? I actually like the regular backglass better myself and thought many others stated the same. Although I wish it did include the witch in there somewhere. To each his own, the game looks awesome regardless.

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Is that really true? I actually like the regular backglass better myself and thought many others stated the same. Although I wish it did include the witch in there somewhere. To each his own, the game looks awesome regardless.

I'm divided equally among the two designs. happy with either but don't get to choose.

#4868 3 years ago

It's just Spooky trying to do something nice for the early adopters with AMH. Kudos to them and taking care of people.

Why complain and whine about the extra $500? It's a F ing "LE".

Meaning "Limited", as in only 50 made, meaning you'll be able to get your extra $500 back out of it AND then some.

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's just Spooky trying to do something nice for the early adopters with AMH. Kudos to them and taking care of people.
Meaning "Limited", as in only 50 made, meaning you'll be able to get your extra $500 back out of it AND then some.

Not sure who was whining or complaining? Just comparing the 2 models and sharing opinions.

All of the games are limited. 250 is a very small number compared to Stern LE's or even more so JJP.

#4870 3 years ago

I also was under the impression the standard would have a translite until I emailed Kayte today about buying the LE translite. That's when she told me if I wanted to use the LE translite in the Standard I would have to buy the glass for it.

The more I think about though I can't recall Spooky ever saying that. It may have grown from the following misinterpreted quote by Charlie. I found this under the Tob Zombie Standard for LE trade thread, post #19.

"The LE's will have a printed backglass, different armor & powdercoat, and numbered plaques. Translites may be available at a later date pending approvals. WE WILL NOT sell LE backglasses or armor."

Sorry I can't figure out how to link to it on my phone.

#4871 3 years ago

I would be more than happy to buy someone's LE.

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really? Why can't we know exactly what is being included with each version? I don't think that's too much to ask and apparently I'm not the only one who misunderstood. Every time there's a freakin' question on here it's 'whining'. Gimme a break.

#4873 3 years ago

That's a pretty good compromise to keep the LE's special but also let standard owners in on the art if they want it.

Quoted from bridgeman:

"The LE's will have a printed backglass, different armor & powdercoat, and numbered plaques. Translites may be available at a later date pending approvals. WE WILL NOT sell LE backglasses or armor."

#4874 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Really? Why can't we know exactly what is being included with each version? I don't think that's too much to ask and apparently I'm not the only one who misunderstood. Every time there's a freakin' question on here it's 'whining'. Gimme a break.

I think the difference is there will only be 50 LE back glasses. That's it no more. Standards will be at least 250 and they may sell additional ones as well? I don't know fornsure, but Spooky has not said they wouldn't sell additional Stndard back glasses like they did say for the LE. So if you have an LE you will have one of only 50 back glasses ever made.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would be more than happy to buy someone's LE.

( we all would)

#4876 3 years ago

I'm just glad an owner can actually have a couple different cool designs from the same artist for this. I don't think Stern will sell you an LE translite for your pro or premium... or am I mistaken about that?

Seems like a real nice gesture from Spooky but as usual there may be some aggrieved party somewhere... damn LE owners

#4877 3 years ago

HappyDayz, noticed you're new around here. Yet, you sound vaguely familiar
Welcome aboard. You'll likely find the more you use pinside, the more you'll like it. Anyways, if you do like spending time here, won't you consider making a donation to keeping it going? It is fast and painless process, and the heart icon beside your name turns from ash gray, to neon red. Carry on.

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Because people complain about adding the LED's and other upgrades for a few hundred bucks. Talking about "drilling your own holes".

And its questions with innuendo that somehow somebody is getting F ed.

Why not just happily support Spooky and give the teeth gnashing a rest?

I'd like to know the person dumb enough to trade the "LE" for a "Regular" for $500. You are really just pissed because regulars are getting something similar like the back glass. Give me a break! The pettiness is unreal sometimes. And btw, I'm not referring to you in particular.

Enjoy your pins.

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd like to know the person dumb enough to trade the "LE" for a "Regular" for $500.

I traded an LE for a Regular version - just swapped spots with a guy because I know he wanted it more than I did. No regrets whatsoever, as both editions are going to be ROCKIN! I'm actually surprised that the standard edition comes with a backglass too - my impression was that it was a translite. Bonus! Guess I'd better go buy some glass!

#4880 3 years ago

To put it in perspective, there will be more DSPA LEs than RZSI LEs and they're already spoken for as well.

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because people complain about adding the LED's and other upgrades for a few hundred bucks. Talking about "drilling your own holes".

And its questions with innuendo that somehow somebody is getting F ed.

Why not just happily support Spooky and give the teeth gnashing a rest?

I'd like to know the person dumb enough to trade the "LE" for a "Regular" for $500. You are really just pissed because regulars are getting something similar like the back glass. Give me a break! The pettiness is unreal sometimes. And btw, I'm not referring to you in particular.

Enjoy your pins.

While obviously I agree with supporting Spooky, I still like to be informed. We all know you are the type of guy who throws money at things without asking questions, but that's not how everyone is. I don't go gaga over an LE *just* because it's an F'n LE. Maybe I would sell my LE to get a standard as I honestly like both backglasses.

#4882 3 years ago

So, standard owners can purchase the LE translite, but not the backglass. Can LE owners purchase the standard backglass and / or transliste? I don't see why not as it's not limited, but you never know.

#4883 3 years ago

The longer I read this thread the happier I get about my decision to get the original art package on my AMH! Spooky's first true LE art package....only 10 out of 150 made.

IMG_4401_(resized).JPG

#4884 3 years ago

Here's a clear case of never going to make everyone happy.

ALL games will have a real backglass. You can't buy an LE translite and have your game suddenly be an LE. We spent thousands on getting that extra art made... the custom cut / powder coated metal side rails and printed backglass will NEVER be sold. Period. To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down... and you STILL won't have an LE.

If this isn't to your liking... sorry. We did our best.

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

ALL games will have a real backglass. You can't buy an LE translite and have your game suddenly be an LE. We spent thousands on getting that extra art made... the custom cut / powder coated metal side rails and printed backglass will NEVER be sold. Period. To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down... and you STILL won't have an LE.

Charlie, would you take the original translite arts and make high-res posters for selling?

#4886 3 years ago

Don't worry, your pretty much doing a better job than any other pinball company out there at the moment

#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Charlie, would you take the original translite arts and make high-res posters for selling?

We can't do that.

#4888 3 years ago

To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down...

I did intend to use the LE translite that I bought in my standard game, but it wasn't to make it into an LE, it was just that I like the LE art better. That's when I thought the standard came with a translite, though. I was expecting an easy swap.

No worries, though. Both are nice, and it may be for the better. When I showed the LE translite to my 4 year old son, the first thing he said was "Why is the witch's butt hanging out?"

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Maybe I would sell my LE to get a standard as I honestly like both backglasses.

Let me know. I'm #191, and I'll drive to Pittsburgh. My brother bought a TOM from you a couple years ago, and he told me how cool your setup is.

#4889 3 years ago

I think it's awesome that everyone is getting a real backglass. That's a huge upgrade in my opinion. Will the non LE artwork be available in backglass form to purchase or just as a translite. I would like a regular to go with my LE. No big deal eitherway, but if the backglasses are available I would definitely prefer that over a translite for the standard edition artwork.

#4890 3 years ago

I am just looking for a LE translight so I can have the alternate in a swap box for display. I love the original art and true backglass kicks ass.

Seriously this is such a moot point to even be batching about it makes me laugh.

#4891 3 years ago

well all I can say is true backglass

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:Will the non LE artwork be available in backglass form to purchase

No!

To use a translite in your game, you'll have to go out, buy custom thinner glass, buy the plastic side trim, cut it down...

#4893 3 years ago

That quote was about the LE back glass, not the standard. I haven't heard it said for sure about the standard edition. Not a big deal either way.

#4894 3 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I have been receiving many PM's for my #90 spot, so just in case anyone else was interested, I swapped and I am now #293.

I didn't realize this was an option. I may consider swapping my spot in the 30's for something farther back.

#4895 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I didn't realize this was an option. I may consider swapping my spot in the 30's for something farther back.

Prepare your inbox for an influx of PMs!

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

The longer I read this thread the happier I get about my decision to get the original art package on my AMH! Spooky's first true LE art package....only 10 out of 150 made.

I got the original AMH backglass also and i'm going have it framed plus i also got pinball zombies translite signed

I think it's awesome that spooky is selling the le as a translite but i love regular rz back glass better.

#4897 3 years ago

Sid Haig and Bill Moseley will be in Pittsburg, PA if you want to get your translite signed. Both are super nice to meet and love their fans. My wife and I have been going to this conference for a few years and its one of the better run ones. We say we aren't going to the next one but then they announce their guest list but there is always someone we want to get an autograph from.

13254025_1196648840366522_6160461754110818021_n_(resized).jpg

13260209_1196649980366408_2835684617927045836_n_(resized).jpg

#4898 3 years ago

Is there any way to make sure all Rob Zombie and America's Most Haunted pins have someone knowledgeable with Spooky on hand at all future shows? I was more than disappointed with the poor maintenance, terrible setup and lack of volume on the games I tried to play at Allentown. If that was what I had to base my purchase on, I'm sorry, but it was that bad... The games look awesome and I enjoyed AMH when it was setup properly and I could hear it. But when I saw that and RZ at Allentown, it was like someone set them up and just left them go... Seemed like a kick in the nuts to those who worked so hard to make those games, for them to be so seemingly neglected during a major show. Not to take away from Spooky or single them out - this isn't a DP thread but Big Lebowski seemed to have a similar fate there as well.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Is there any way to make sure all Rob Zombie and America's Most Haunted pins have someone knowledgeable with Spooky on hand at all future shows? I was more than disappointed with the poor maintenance, terrible setup and lack of volume on the games I tried to play at Allentown. If that was what I had to base my purchase on, I'm sorry, but it was that bad... The games look awesome and I enjoyed AMH when it was setup properly and I could hear it. But when I saw that and RZ at Allentown, it was like someone set them up and just left them go... Seemed like a kick in the nuts to those who worked so hard to make those games, for them to be so seemingly neglected during a major show. Not to take away from Spooky or single them out - this isn't a DP thread but Big Lebowski seemed to have a similar fate there as well.

I agree 100%, the lack of effort in shows just killed sales for both machines

#4900 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I was only there friday but it was very busy and loud so unless you have head phones i don't think you could hear much. RZ played fine for me and i know that joe at pinball star was running around mad busy when i was there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside