2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 223.
#4801 7 years ago

Oh man, that show looks badass. We have tickets to see him on the 22nd and Kayte told me over the phone today that my translite was going in the mail so I'm getting ready to strap on my groupie kneepads and get this fucker signed. Playing it at Allentown made the whole thing real and I can't wait for mine to get here. In the meantime I also scooped up a PZFTG translite signed by Charlie from Joe at PinballSTAR so yeah, we're on fleek over here.

#4802 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Oh man, that show looks badass. We have tickets to see him on the 22nd and Kayte told me over the phone today that my translite was going in the mail so I'm getting ready to strap on my groupie kneepads and get this fucker signed. Playing it at Allentown made the whole thing real and I can't wait for mine to get here. In the meantime I also scooped up a PZFTG translite signed by Charlie from Joe at PinballSTAR so yeah, we're on fleek over here.

I'm still sad PZFBTG art won't see the light of day... Replaced by even cooler art on RZ !

#4803 7 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Wish the volume was set louder at the show. Had to put my ear almost against the speaker to hear the music, or anything else for that matter, while someone else was playing That's the only time I'll get to play it before it's delivered too. One of the main features of this pin is RZ's music in it. Really took away from the machine not being able to hear it. Gameplay is like AMH, fast and fun.

We fixed that Saturday thanks to Michael Pupo at Flipper Fidelity who came by our booth and adjust settings so it was louder.

#4804 7 years ago

WTF is PZFBTG???

#4805 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

WTF is PZFBTG???

Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave. The game RZ eventually became.

#4806 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

WTF is PZFBTG???

Pinball zombies from beyond the grave. It was Spooky's first attempt at zombie theme, met with mixed reviews, revived and evolved into licensed RZSI after success of AMH.

#4807 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pinball zombies from beyond the grave. It was Spooky's first attempt at zombie theme, met with mixed reviews, revived and evolved into licensed RZSI after success of AMH.

I never did get to play Pinball Zombies, and have yet to play Rob Zombie. For those that have played both, other than theme/sounds/specific modes, how different is the gameplay on the two of them? I remember PZFBTG was met with VERY mixed reviews in terms of gameplay. I know they tweaked the playfield for RZ, but it's not all that different and yet the reaction is FAR improved. I'm wondering how much of that might have to do with a good implementation of cool license and how much of it is actually related to the game playing better. Anyone have any first hand experience with both?

#4808 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I know they tweaked the playfield for RZ, but it's not all that different and yet the reaction is FAR improved. I'm wondering how much of that might have to do with a good implementation of cool license and how much of it is actually related to the game playing better.

I haven't played either, but one other thing we do know is that the code is way more developed. And we all know code can make or break a game. But it'd be interesting to hear how the physical changes to the playfield change the feel or flow of the game too.

#4809 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

I haven't played either, but one other thing we do know is that the code is way more developed. And we all know code can make or break a game. But it'd be interesting to hear how the physical changes to the playfield change the feel or flow of the game too.

Yeah, obviously the code is WAY more fleshed out in RZ. I seem to remember people not loving the physical play of Pinball Zombies. I'm curious, outside of rules, how different/better do people feel the physical gameplay is now. Just curious.

#4810 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

WTF is PZFBTG???

WP_20160513_002_(resized).jpgWP_20160513_002_(resized).jpg

#4811 7 years ago

The Rob Zombie pinball was well represented at the concert Wednesday night. The Robot was out most of the show and they had a huge boom box. That represented Dead City Radio as part of the stage set up.A couple of pictures of each below.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4812 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Le # 10 Has arrived!! What a step up from AMH. Put me in for parent of the year award, first thing the game asked her was why she was playing like a damn clown....lol

Serious question - was she scared by the artwork?

#4813 7 years ago

RZ LE #8 arrived yesterday 5/12/16.

Great job Spooky!

The cabinet artwork is stunning.

#4814 7 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

RZ LE #8 arrived yesterday 5/12/16.

I'm #42. The countdown is speeding up!

#4815 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Serious question - was she scared by the artwork?

She is/was not, I also have TWD prem and she is not bothered by that either.

#4816 7 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

The Rob Zombie pinball was well represented at the concert Wednesday night. The Robot was out most of the show and they had a huge boom box. That represented Dead City Radio as part of the stage set up.A couple of pictures of each below.

I am thinking that these 2 set pieces in particular, if made to 10-12" scale, would look awesome if incorporated into a topper! Anyone?

Concert_(resized).jpegConcert_(resized).jpeg

#4817 7 years ago

I'm still hoping for a Pinball Mike D interactive LCD mod for the right side of the back board. Come on Mike!

#4818 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm #42. The countdown is speeding up!

I'm #43 and I want the countdown to slow down so I can make sure I have the money available. Seems like we're at a real conflict of interest here haha.

I seriously am pumped for this game though, it's going to be so much fun to play.

#4819 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm #43 and I want the countdown to slow down so I can make sure I have the money available. Seems like we're at a real conflict of interest here haha.
I seriously am pumped for this game though, it's going to be so much fun to play.

Spooky and RZSI... where the only drama is ppl unexpectedly getting their games too fast. ha ^_^

#4820 7 years ago

Would be nice to hear early reviews and videos from people who have game in their homes

#4821 7 years ago

I'm #293 and I would gladly trade spots with anyone. ?

#4822 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I am #221 and my only chance to be able to afford RZ is a very late spot. If you want to swap, let's do it!

#4823 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

A kind offer that has likely flooded your inbox and caused a short-term shutdown of the host server. Maybe one of the early buyers that is too busy to unpack and start playing their game would prefer a guilt-free swap of positions with you. Give them more time to get organized and ready for the pin, while allowing you to play sooner. win / win.

ps - if any LE Owners with #10-#20 prefer a mid-run standard model, I can help you out.

#4824 7 years ago

Fawzma,

Hoping some have volunteered to test the upload process and that it works seamlessly.

Are the major modes you've outlined before, completely coded and are they in the released version?

edit - I reread thread and as of last month, right before games started to ship, code was complete and was being shipped with it. Guess I undervalued fact that Spooky is shipping its second game with complete software.

#4825 7 years ago

Reviews from early adopters?

I'll move up too Think I'm around 130. Anybody wanting to delay having to pay lmk

#4826 7 years ago

I am 181 And I'd Love to move up fast. Would send out some nice German sweets as a gift to get under the First hundred !!

#4827 7 years ago

Hmmm, I'm not sure what else to review. I've had LE#1 for a couple of weeks. Everyone enjoys it. I have to say the code early on is really great. I have tested Fawzma's update from 'out of box' version 3 to version 4. The update is really easy to do.

The modes have full programming in each with a mutiball or some time of reward for completing them. I have completed all of them I think, but never more than 2 or 3 in one game at this point. Video mode is fun and not too distracting from the game.

7 ball mutiball on House of 1000 Corpses is awesome!!

It shoots well. Someone mentioned changes from PBZ and I know the inside flow shot was added from that prototype which makes for some extra flow.

The slings and pops make for some fun extra 'randomness' which I enjoy compared to other games I have.

I LOVE the music and adult callouts. Everyone has ended up laughing out loud at some point during games.

I hope that helps!

#4828 7 years ago

LOVE the music and adult callouts. Everyone has ended up laughing out loud at some point during games.

This is probably what I'm looking forward to the most. Should be hilarious

#4829 7 years ago

Man, hats off to Charlie and Spooky for being able to produce back to back games pretty much on time. I cant imagine how difficult it must be to start a new pinball co. today. So much success out of the gate.

#4830 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Fawzma,
Hoping some have volunteered to test the upload process and that it works seamlessly.
Are the major modes you've outlined before, completely coded and are they in the released version? edit - I reread thread and as of last month, right before games started to ship, code was complete and was being shipped with it.
Guess I undervalued fact that Spooky is shipping its second game with complete software.

There was a heated debate about the update process as I am of the opinion that the updater program is the way to go.

For those that are comfortable with running a program and letting it do the work for you, you have that option. Or, if you prefer you can download the full zip file like before and do the format/copy yourself.

One change that will happen with the game is the way corpse stealing works. Right now 1000 corpse mode behaves differently when you are in single player mode vs multiplayer.

Current version in 1 player - clear top right targets and get 2x/3x corpse multiplier
Current version in multiplayer - clear top right targets and steal 50% of corpse from all other players that have corpse collected. There was something else that went on as well. If a player stole corpse from you, you are "corpse cursed". If you beat the mode before clearing those top right targets, half the jackpot went to the player that "cursed" you.

New way in 1 player - stays the same
New way in multiplayer - clear top right targets, for each switch you hit, you steal 1 corpse from everyone that has a corpse.

In a perfect world, I'd like to have multi player features in all modes (disabled in tournament mode)

#4831 7 years ago

Has the scoring in 1000 corpses been toned down at all? Seemed pretty insane in the DeadFlip stream how someone could a crazy score in seconds of multiball, way more than they could get from completing multiple modes.

#4832 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Has the scoring in 1000 corpses been toned down at all? Seemed pretty insane in the DeadFlip stream how someone could a crazy score in seconds of multiball, way more than they could get from completing multiple modes.

Yes, no more 100 million scores for getting that mode started.

#4833 7 years ago

Making the SD card works the same way it did with AMH. Make sure it's a fresh format, FAT32, 32 kilobyte allocation size. This can be done with Windows or Mac.

Download the latest ZIP file, and extract the folders to your computer first, THEN copy them to the freshly formatted SD card and stick it in the machine. Hold the PROG button during startup, or use the menu to select Update on Next Boot. It takes about 3-4 minutes.

OK so WHY this specific update routine with the SD card?

Remember "Disk Defragmenter?" So what happens is, files aren't always contiguous on a disk especially if you overwrite or add files. One half of a file might be here, and the other half is somewhere else.

In a file allocation table, the "path" to complete a file is called a cluster chain. It points to the start of a file, how much of it is there, and at the end is a vector leading to the next cluster. You must "follow" this to get the entire file. Defragmenting reconnects file parts and makes them all contiguous. This is less of an issue with modern systems as you're not actually moving a read head across space to find the next part of a file.

Problem is, pinHeck doesn't use a "proper" file system and thus can't follow cluster chains. On boot, it scans the DMD and SFX folders, each of which contain up to 26 folders (A-Z) which contain around 50-60 files each. The directory sector for each folder is stored in RAM, so when a file is called, the system never has to "deep dive" through folders to find it. A "DAA.wav" file is stored in SFX/_D folder, so based off the first character, we know exactly where to start looking. We also never store more than 64 files in a folder, meaning the most files we ever have to search through looking for a match is 64 (and we only have to compare 2 characters as the first character is the folder pointer) Worst-case file seek time is 5ms which is 6 times faster than a single frame of video

The disadvantage is that we need a predictable "flat" file structure, which is why you must format an SD card before putting files on (but fast format is OK!) When you copy files to a blank card, everything is laid out nice and neat in contiguous order.

David and I discussed making a "pack" file - which would be a single file with out own directory structure inside (PC games do this) but that would be down the road.

It's also possible that we've optimized enough other stuff that we could "afford" to follow cluster chains again. But for now, this is still a massive improvement over how AMH was updated.

#4834 7 years ago

Yup what Ben said......

#4835 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Making the SD card works the same way it did with AMH. Make sure it's a fresh format, FAT32, 32 kilobyte allocation size. This can be done with Windows or Mac.
Download the latest ZIP file, and extract the folders to your computer first, THEN copy them to the freshly formatted SD card and stick it in the machine. Hold the PROG button during startup, or use the menu to select Update on Next Boot. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
OK so WHY this specific update routine with the SD card?
Remember "Disk Defragmenter?" So what happens is, files aren't always contiguous on a disk especially if you overwrite or add files. One half of a file might be here, and the other half is somewhere else.
In a file allocation table, the "path" to complete a file is called a cluster chain. It points to the start of a file, how much of it is there, and at the end is a vector leading to the next cluster. You must "follow" this to get the entire file. Defragmenting reconnects file parts and makes them all contiguous. This is less of an issue with modern systems as you're not actually moving a read head across space to find the next part of a file.
Problem is, pinHeck doesn't use a "proper" file system and thus can't follow cluster chains. On boot, it scans the DMD and SFX folders, each of which contain up to 26 folders (A-Z) which contain around 50-60 files each. The directory sector for each folder is stored in RAM, so when a file is called, the system never has to "deep dive" through folders to find it. A "DAA.wav" file is stored in SFX/_D folder, so based off the first character, we know exactly where to start looking. We also never store more than 64 files in a folder, meaning the most files we ever have to search through looking for a match is 64 (and we only have to compare 2 characters as the first character is the folder pointer) Worst-case file seek time is 5ms which is 6 times faster than a single frame of video
The disadvantage is that we need a predictable "flat" file structure, which is why you must format an SD card before putting files on (but fast format is OK!) When you copy files to a blank card, everything is laid out nice and neat in contiguous order.
David and I discussed making a "pack" file - which would be a single file with out own directory structure inside (PC games do this) but that would be down the road.
It's also possible that we've optimized enough other stuff that we could "afford" to follow cluster chains again. But for now, this is still a massive improvement over how AMH was updated.

Well if all we have to remember is to do a fast format then that is certainly painless and quick. And if we forget... when it says "update failed" - well THEN we'll remember what we had to do but forgot.

Seriously this is no big deal. For neatness sake it would be nice to make it idiot-proof down the road but this already beats trying multiple flash drives, etc.

Might want to include the instructions to "fast format" in the documentation with the machine for customers that don't keep up here on pinside. Well... wait didn't all 300 machines go to pinside members?

#4836 7 years ago

Fawzma (and I'm guessing Ben?) have an executable that built the SD card with the new code. It erorred once but worked great on a second run. I think he's testing that as a simpler method as well.

#4837 7 years ago

The more I read about the game from the people involved, to the people who've played it at shows, to the VERY lucky owners who've already taken delivery, the more excited I am to get my own. Won't be for a while as I'm 218, but I'm really excited to be in on this and to eventually get my hands on one.

#4838 7 years ago

Macs don't come with SD card readers. Has there been any thought to switching to the more ubiquitous USB that Stern uses? I realize that there are cheap readers available, I will need to get one. I'm far more familiar with USB than SD, that's all.

#4839 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

RZ #90 here......I have already bought 4 pins this year, we are in the middle of building an addition on our home, and our family is planning a trip to Disney World this Fall. Also a friend of mine in our league is getting a RZ earlier than me, that I can play.

All that being said, I would be willing to swap spots.......IF.......it does not cause a logistical paperwork shitstorm for Kayte.

#4840 7 years ago

The iMac has had and SD reader since 2009. The MacBook has had one at least the last 7 years. That's probably 90% of the mac computers out there.

I know the mac mini currently has one, not sure when it was introduced. I think the only mac system without one is the mac pro which is not geared toward homeowners.

Quoted from Russell:

Macs don't come with SD card readers.

#4841 7 years ago

Lol. I have a Mac Pro. Didn't really know the others had the SD slot. Figures.

#4842 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Oh man, that show looks badass. We have tickets to see him on the 22nd and Kayte told me over the phone today that my translite was going in the mail so I'm getting ready to strap on my groupie kneepads and get this fucker signed.

Is this an additional translite? Can you purchase additional?

#4843 7 years ago

Aside from the Back Alley light additions, has anyone thought of mods for this game? Any of the modders planning anything cool? Any pinblade designs created yet that could be shown?

I'd really love to see a different Captain Spaulding for the mini playfield. One where he has his arms raised and does not look so stiff. Maybe the arms even rotated higher when he spins to the open position? I also think a decal for the metal guide rail would be cool like a creepy fence running around it. Aside from that I would like to see some cool topper designs that rival the one made for AMH.

#4844 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Is this an additional translite? Can you purchase additional?

Yes. If you are kind to Kayte and provide her with $90, you will receive this in the mail in a couple days. I should have asked if i Could purchase a standard translite as well.

IMG_2359_(resized).JPGIMG_2359_(resized).JPG

#4845 7 years ago

Would love a spot if anyone decides to get out.

#4846 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Would love a spot if anyone decides to get out.

Spots can't be transferred, so if someone got out their spot would go to the next person on the wait list. The best you can look for is someone who will sell you the game as soon as they get it, or let you buy it through them.

#4847 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Lol. I have a Mac Pro. Didn't really know the others had the SD slot. Figures.

All the Mac pros made in the last 5 years have SD card slots. The only one that does not, is the super brand new, champagne colored Mac pro. Those only have USB C. If you have one of those, i'm jealous

#4848 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Yes. If you are kind to Kayte and provide her with $90, you will receive this in the mail in a couple days. I should have asked if i Could purchase a standard translite as well.

You can get a standard, the key, like you said, is be nice to Kayte

#4849 7 years ago

Thanks. I am definitely getting one of each. I thought the standard came with a translite. I was just informed it is a backglass as well. Nice surprise for me.

#4850 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Thanks. I am definitely getting one of each. I thought the standard came with a translite. I was just informed it is a backglass as well. Nice surprise for me.

Wait, what? The standard RZ will come with a screen printed backglass and not a translite? That is not what I heard previously. Who told you this? Kayte?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/97?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.