Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 211.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Loving the gameplay, callouts and modes! Multiball is great too!
I took family mode off as soon as I could! I know there are a tonne of pics already out there so unless there are requests, I'll just say again how much fun this is .

Cool! Did you get that set of Back Alley mods for yours? I don't think anyone has seen those actually in a game working yet have they?

Or the upgraded LED kit for that matter?

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Loving the gameplay, callouts and modes! Multiball is great too!
I took family mode off as soon as I could! I know there are a tonne of pics already out there so unless there are requests, I'll just say again how much fun this is .

Any issues yet? Let's get those out of the way before the rest of us gets ours.

#4753 3 years ago

The mods look great! I think I read that the chicken bucket moves around more as well. They all look good!

The LED upgrade is worth it in my opinion. I upgraded the LEDs in AMH after I bought it and it makes a huge difference.

As for issues, just one. The servo on the robot is having issues. As always, Charlie is awesome support and I have a new one coming. We aren't sure what caused it but this game came a long way in shipping as well. We already have ideas to protect it a bit more if that was the problem, so hopefully it's just an isolated case.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#4754 3 years ago

I forgot to mention, I had some good friends helping me with everything today too! We had some decent games in before everyone left.

#4755 3 years ago

Are the toys just permanently lit or are they interactive with the game rules and modes? Can we see an entire playfield lit shot to see how the led's pop?

#4756 3 years ago

I'm out now but can get a better one later if needed.

image_(resized).jpeg

#4757 3 years ago

Unless you just have a great camera the led's do seem to pop a little more. Question, when you get a chance I am curious about the led's in the robot and radio. Can you see the wires running into these toys from behind or otherwise or are they somehow coming up from the underside of each toy? The orange led's in the bottom of the chicken bucket don't seem bright enough to be noticeable in this picture?

#4758 3 years ago

On the robot you can see the wire at the back but otherwise not noticeable. The chicken is when you look at it. The picture doesn't do it justice IMHO.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from zero:

On the robot you can see the wire at the back but otherwise not noticeable. The chicken is when you look at it. The picture doesn't do it justice IMHO.

I am still trying to figure out why this mod was described by Spooky as complex? Drill 2 holes through Robot's eyes through back of head. Insert led's and run wire under playfield as usual for many mods no? Same with radio. If there really is something more complex that ties them into rules or modes and they are interactive then cool. Otherwise, $200? I just want to understand it better.

#4760 3 years ago

Well for what it's worth I think they look great and worth it to me. Especially to have them all installed from the factory! I wouldn't be drilling holes .

#4761 3 years ago

Got to play RZ at pinfest today. It was fun and it well kick your ass lol Also is house of 1000 pop up target was all ways up ? Is that normal as ball would get stuck behind it.

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I am still trying to figure out why this mod was described by Spooky as complex? Drill 2 holes through Robot's eyes through back of head. Insert led's and run wire under playfield as usual for many mods no? Same with radio. If there really is something more complex that ties them into rules or modes and they are interactive then cool. Otherwise, $200? I just want to understand it better.

Because it is. Drill your own if you don't believe it.

#4763 3 years ago

This looks a little more complicated than drilling holes. Stock radio vs. upgrade:

RadioComparison_(resized).jpg

#4764 3 years ago

RZ at Allentown Pinfest today. Everyone there said they loved the game who I got a chance to speak with. I did notice the 2nd time around playing it that it was warm booting during play. Meaning...the display had a code coming up however the game still played. The sound was intermittently loud then low. This was around 3PM ish Friday.

All in all I liked the gameplay and overall appearance of the game. Stunning really and bad ass. I'm not sure I like the C H O P rule. Spell shop at anytime to enable a ball save. I don't know any pin that has done that. I have heard Charlie say the game is brutal and they know it so that's why its there.

On another note...I played the Big Lebowki with updated rules (especially from last year) and that game it pretty freaking cool also. I don't know if it is $10K cool but with the included rug its pretty awesome.

13083335_1164937310206759_7573445098468492021_n_(resized).jpg
13177088_1164937290206761_5337908865932431506_n_(resized).jpg

13177830_1164937273540096_5858502036235916112_n_(resized).jpg

13124574_1164937320206758_7292316411907217026_n_(resized).jpg

#4765 3 years ago

Yeah I got a couple games in on it too and was really getting a kick out of it. It's rough though - my first game was ~75M but my second one didn't even clear a mil. Kinda begs for spots too, but I think there might have been a problem with the GI on this one. Seemed like very little on the southern half of the playfield was lit at all.

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I'll say this much,we tried to fix the robot,bad servo.
It is a pain to replace,you need to line up a lot of pieces to attach it.
I highly recommend you get it factory installed,save yourself some grief.
Game looks amazing in person,sucks I'm #115.
Plays very well,minor adjustments out of the box,simple stuff
Watch out for the plastic to the right side of the upper playfield,very fragile.

#4767 3 years ago

Don't know how we got the ball stuck here,but we did.

image_(resized).jpeg

#4768 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure these early issues will help spooky sort things out on future games.

#4769 3 years ago

That ball hang up hasn't happened again, maybe just a weird bounce. Oh, and Spooky did include an extra plastic if that one breaks which is cool.

#4770 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Got to play RZ at pinfest today. It was fun and it well kick your ass lol Also is house of 1000 pop up target was all ways up ? Is that normal as ball would get stuck behind it.

Believe you and I played this together!

The ball was getting awkwardly stuck up behind the drop target.

I liked the movement of the ball in the game...felt, to me, very much like a smaller Black Hole. Audio was down so we couldn't really hear it...and DMD looked very dim as compared to TBL. The game has a very flat (dimensionally speaking) feeling.

Would enjoy getting some more time on this game...not sure it's ultimately one I would reach to own, but interesting nevertheless.

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Believe you and I played this together!
The ball was getting awkwardly stuck up behind the drop target.
I liked the movement of the ball in the game...felt, to me, very much like a smaller Black Hole. Audio was down so we couldn't really hear it...and DMD looked very dim as compared to TBL. The game has a very flat (dimensionally speaking) feeling.
Would enjoy getting some more time on this game...not sure it's ultimately one I would reach to own, but interesting nevertheless.

Hey Yeah def need more time on RZ and yeah TBL def played way better than last time i played it. I think RZ well be good once you understand it all.

#4772 3 years ago

Happy my wife and got a few games on the Zombie. Gameplay wasn't our cup of tea though, but would've like to play it in a quieter environment. Anyone else think the display needs to be brighter? AMH seemed very dim too.

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Happy my wife and got a few games on the Zombie. Gameplay wasn't our cup of tea though, but would've like to play it in a quieter environment. Anyone else think the display needs to be brighter? AMH seemed very dim too.

Yeah I would like see the display brighter but I think there going for a dark feel for the game.

#4774 3 years ago

Wish the volume was set louder at the show. Had to put my ear almost against the speaker to hear the music, or anything else for that matter, while someone else was playing That's the only time I'll get to play it before it's delivered too. One of the main features of this pin is RZ's music in it. Really took away from the machine not being able to hear it. Gameplay is like AMH, fast and fun.

#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yeah I would like see the display brighter but I think there going for a dark feel for game.

It was certainly on the dim side of the equaiton

#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I had at least 3 bricks out of that shot where the ball went solid in...waited and then came back out. Is there a post that pops-up?

That particular shot seemed clunky on the games I played

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had at least 3 bricks out of that shot where the ball went solid in...waited and then came back out. Is there a post that pops-up?

Yes, there is a post that rejects that shot with some cool call outs as well. It's by design. I 'think' once you open up the drop target on the left entrance it will open up that shot for flow.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Yes, there is a post that rejects that shot with some cool call outs as well. It's by design. I 'think' once you open up the drop target on the left entrance it will open up that shot for flow.

Got it. The volume was down, so we couldn't hear the call outs.

#4779 3 years ago

Morning pinball dudes.

Yeah... somehow someway Trevor's Robot got spun the wrong direction in shipping, so he was 180 degrees off. We're going to add more packing to games so he can't spin in shipping. Just one of those things you don't learn until you do. We've hauled RZ thousands of miles and had no issues. Then again, we're not tossing the show game in the back of a big ol' semi. We'll shoot a video ASAP on how to install the Robot. Yes, it is a pain to install.

As for "just drilling and adding LED's"... not even remotely the case when you see what Matt has done to make this all work. It's far more complex than it appears, but hey... we all have different skill levels, so do whatever you think is best at your own toy risk.

Display and volume are always under the mercy of show lighting and volume. Short of setting up a giant P.A. system, audio is never good at shows.

The ball can occasionally get caught behind the drop target... small nudge always clears it. We did 500 games at MGC and never once had to take the glass off (which is a minor miracle).

CHOP save is only good for a few seconds... so use it wisely! You'll see what I mean when more games get out there and people spend time on it. I've still personally never beat more than 3 modes.

#4780 3 years ago

CHOP ball save is awesome!! I'm not sure I'd ever have a decent game without it .

Also, for what it's worth, there's been no ball hang ups after many games this weekend with people over. 2 modes and a multiball is my best so far; really loving it!

I think we'll be testing a code update soon too.

#4781 3 years ago

Ok,....now I understand about the CHOP ball save. I thought it was weird that I would get ball saves so long after the plunge. I almost missed a few because I started walking away after I initially drained, and people behind me in line would yell at me..."YO BALL SAVE!!!"

#4782 3 years ago

Kudos to the team for making game updates super easy!!!

#4783 3 years ago

Hello everyone , I will be selling custom pingulps for this game . I use automotive paint and clear . The artwork is stenciled and hand painted . Option of with or without the red (blood)splatter . The splatter on every pingulp will be unique . Artwork will be done on both sides but pingulp comes with either a left or right mounting bracket . These are officially loved and approved by Spooky . I will be doing these in runs of 25 so when I have enough interested people I will do a run of them . Cost is $52 shipped (if shipped within the USA) no money needed until they are ready to ship if you are interested please pm me .
Thank you
Doug

20160508_173142.jpg

20160502_221652.jpg

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hello everyone , I will be selling custom pingulps for this game . I use automotive paint and clear .

Looks awesome. I have pingulps on all of my machines. But this unicorn of a game is going to need some sparkles. I love that gloss.

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

These are officially loved and approved by Spooky

Yep... that Doug guy does some damn fine work! High five.... and LIONMAN!!!!

#4786 3 years ago

Le # 10 Has arrived!! What a step up from AMH. Put me in for parent of the year award, first thing the game asked her was why she was playing like a damn clown....lol

image_(resized).jpeg

#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Le # 10 Has arrived!! What a step up from AMH. Put me in for parent of the year award, first thing the game asked her was why she was playing like a damn clown....lol

What a CUTIE!!!

#4788 3 years ago

Man, that cabinet art is SOOOOO COOL!!!!!

#4789 3 years ago

I cant wait to play one and to get mine but that will be next year

but since my birthday is this week I decided to at least get me some spooky shirts to hold me over also all the upgrades for my game as well

The robot not having glowing eyes pushed me over and the extra bouncy chicken helped haha

#4790 3 years ago

Where can a fella see these Spooky shirts? I would like to buy a couple.

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Where can a fella see these Spooky shirts? I would like to buy a couple.

Email KT there awesome shirts

#4792 3 years ago

This is the one design

and I know they got the ghost logo that glows in the dark

and I think its still recent on their Facebook but they have a bugcast podcast shirt

10255085_1032395230155037_3527280315382052499_o_(resized).jpg

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

This is the one design
and I know they got the ghost logo that glows in the dark
and I think its still recent on their Facebook but they have a bugcast podcast shirt

Nah, you need the mechanic "work" shirt!! Here:
http://www.ddpinball.com/shirts/double-dangerspooky-pinball-work-shirt

#4794 3 years ago

I almost bought one of those at Allentown, they really looked cool. Told the wife she should wear it to pinball league. =)

#4795 3 years ago

Dumb question what was the procedure for ordering the add ons?

#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Dumb question what was the procedure for ordering the add ons?

You should have an email from KT. Just reply to that telling her what you want to add.

#4797 3 years ago

Next machine is Babymetal. This is Rob Zombie passing the torch.

Rob-Zombie-Babymetal_(resized).jpg

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

Next machine is Babymetal. This is Rob Zombie passing the torch.

Well said...
The pop music bubble gum torch has been passed on...
-mof

#4799 3 years ago

XL sold out. Damn I was totally gonna order one. Anywhere else they are available? Does KT have these by chance?

#4800 3 years ago

Signed by the man himself and the rest of the band last night in Bossier City, Louisiana. Great show. All that would have made it better was having a piece of my game( number 133) to have autographed like the translight. But this album will look cool next to the pinball

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside