2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 223.
#4601 8 years ago

#227 will have all the upgrades.. You can only get them factory installed once..

#4602 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It would be helpful to see comparison pics of the standard LEDs vs the +$80 LEDs, installed of course.

Agreed

#4603 8 years ago

It would be helpful to see comparison pics of the standard LEDs vs the +$80 LEDs, installed of course.

For sure. For the average person that doesn't have LEDs laying around, $80 installed is a good no-brainer price. But for people that have lots of LEDs in every color already, $80 is a lot unless you get something that looks just right.

#4604 8 years ago

I would look at the old AMH comparison picture for reference. I got the upgrade on AMH very happy. Well worth it.

#4605 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I would look at the old AMH comparison picture for reference. I got the upgrade on AMH very happy. Well worth it.

I dont think that is an accurate comparison.
AMH had some lighting issues and was severly underpowered as it originally went out the door. The upgrade on it was necessary.

I am assuming (hoping) that they learned form AMH and RZ does not suffer the same issues that AMH did in the lighting department. What they have shown at the past shows has been plenty good for lighting.

#4606 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

fullness, brightness.

In my experience the only difference between regular and premium bulbs of same type is simply the addition of non-ghosting circuitry, no impact on color or brightness.

#4607 8 years ago

Here is a comparison on AMH:

LED_KIT_(resized).jpgLED_KIT_(resized).jpg

#4608 8 years ago

Aren't the LEDs color matched with the upgrade over the original just white? How many LEDs are we talking about so we can gauge the value of the upgrade?

#4609 8 years ago

That's also all white LEDs vs insert-matched color LEDs. Are white LEDs still going in RZ?

#4610 8 years ago

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to those. The AMH pic was just posted as a reference, I have no idea what will be in RZ. To me $80 is worth it for having them factory installed. The upgraded LEDs are 0.75/ea plus shipping from PBL.

#4611 8 years ago

Hey guys... just to be clear, the games will all ship with LED's, which are the standard frosted white & red Ablaze lighting in the GI, and white Ablaze in the inserts. The upgrade kit is full Ghost Buster Premiums in the inserts (color matched), and the "f'n brights" in the GI. There are 4 individual chains of GI in the Rob Zombie game, so that's a whole lot of lights & wires.

We did a lot to improve the lighting from AMH to RZ. Let's be honest... we needed to! We improved a ton of stuff in this game, and soon you'll all see that.

Thanks for the patience and understanding! I should have been a bit more clear on this before KT sent out the emails... my bad.

#4612 8 years ago

#179 will have all the upgrades

#4613 8 years ago

I have mixed feelings as not sure I want this game to be too bright as want it to feel moody.

I like the light up chicken

Chicken.jpgChicken.jpg

#4614 8 years ago

Are the original non-lighted toys included in the goodie bag if choosing to upgrade?

#4615 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Hey guys... just to be clear, the games will all ship with LED's, which are the standard frosted white & red Ablaze lighting in the GI, and white Ablaze in the inserts. The upgrade kit is full Ghost Buster Premiums in the inserts (color matched), and the "f'n brights" in the GI. There are 4 individual chains of GI in the Rob Zombie game, so that's a whole lot of lights & wires.
We did a lot to improve the lighting from AMH to RZ. Let's be honest... we needed to! We improved a ton of stuff in this game, and soon you'll all see that.
Thanks for the patience and understanding! I should have been a bit more clear on this before KT sent out the emails... my bad.

So the GI will be a brighter LED and bulbs will be color matched under the inserts... got it. Sounds fine but some of us already have so many quality LED's laying around that doing it yourself may be a better option. For some...

I do have a follow-up question however... does the game show ghosting when using standard LED's for the inserts? I assume not as you don't mention the use of non-ghosting bulbs in the standard setup and I doubt you would ship them with obvious ghosting issues.

Also don't most machines have 4 sets of GI circuits? I seem to remember my WMS all have four separate GI circuits with their own fuses (as I have blown one or two over the years installing stuff, etc)

Thanks as usual for the info Charlie... lookin' fan-#$%%-tastic!

#4616 8 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Are the original non-lighted toys included in the goodie bag if choosing to upgrade?

That's what I was wondering. If not, you might want to buy them later to replace yours and keep your old ones as backups.

#4617 8 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I would like to know this 2. If the upgrade now is 200 and you get the original toys to thats great, if you dont get the original then the 240 later is a better price as you get to keep the originals.

#4618 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I would like to know this 2. If the upgrade now is 200 and you get the original toys to thats great, if you dont get the original then the 240 later is a better price as you get to keep the originals.

Good point....I already paid the 200 for mine but you're right...adding them later and getting spares for $40 would be a better value assuming it's fairly easy to add the mods.

#4619 8 years ago

While I'm not sure, I read it that the toys are the same, the mod just lights them up, so there would be no "extra set." I could be wrong though.

Quoted from Mitch:

If the upgrade now is 200 and you get the original toys to thats great, if you dont get the original then the 240 later is a better price as you get to keep the originals.

#4620 8 years ago

Never mind, I don't want to rock the boat.

#4621 8 years ago

How about just getting the upgrades, not whining about it and move on?

It helps Matt at Back Alley who put a lot of work into this and I'm sure the Spooky crew. WTF

#4622 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It helps Matt at Back Alley who put a lot of work into this and I'm sure the Spooky crew. WTF

You're the only one whining. And thank you for telling us how to spend our money.
And wouldn't buying extras help as this would make a larger production run?

#4623 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You're the only one whining. And thank you for telling us how to spend our money.
And wouldn't buying extras help as this would make a larger production run?

I'm not whining about shit. You of course are, as usual. Spend your money however you want. You seem to whine, bitch and complain about everything.

Spend $6500 on a pin without a second thought and then agonize over $80 worth of lighting. What a joke.

#4624 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not whining about shit. You of course are, as usual. Spend your money however you want. You seem to whine, bitch and complain about everything.
Spend $6500 on a pin without a second thought and then agonize over $80 worth of lighting. What a joke.

Sounds like you're whining...

#4625 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Sounds like you're whining...

I don't think Iceman is whining at all. I think he is making perfect sense. You sound like you're a total complainer.

Also, my guess is that you don't even have an RZ spot.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4626 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

While I'm not sure, I read it that the toys are the same, the mod just lights them up, so there would be no "extra set." I could be wrong though.

Quoted from SpookyKT:

I need to get an idea how many Matt will need to make as these are MUCH more complicated then the simple toys that just sit in the game.

#4627 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have a valid question. I will be getting the upgrades either way but would be nice if i got the original set also as they were included in my original purchase price and the new $200 dollar ones seem to be completely different not the original ones modified.

#4628 8 years ago

My guess is the LED toys are cast in clear resin vs. white resin.

#4629 8 years ago

Decided to splurge...#152 getting all the upgrades.

#4630 8 years ago

So the question sound like

If we upgrade to the new replacment toys, do we receive the toys included with the original purchase as well?

Seems like a fair question that Spooky could easily answer

#4631 8 years ago

Paid in full today! RZLE#5

#4632 8 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

So the question sound like
If we upgrade to the new replacment toys, do we receive the toys included with the original purchase as well?
Seems like a fair question that Spooky could easily answer

Seems to me you're simply paying to get your toys lit up, not paying for a second set of toys.

#4633 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

I need to get an idea how many Matt will need to make as these are MUCH more complicated then the simple toys that just sit in the game. I will still offer the upgrades after the 9th of May but they will be at the full price that Matt will be selling them at $240.

This sounds to me like the set is including the moulded toys which are lit up. For $240 it could not just be a few LED lights that you install yourself. So I have the same question - if we buy now can we expect the original non lit up toys to be included as spares while the upgraded lit up toys get factory installed?

#4634 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This sounds to me like the set is including the moulded toys which are lit up. For $240 it could not just be a few LED lights that you install yourself. So I have the same question - if we buy now can we expect the original non lit up toys to be included as spares while the upgraded lit up toys get factory installed?

Really. If it is 240 later will people really only get 5 or 6 led's with instructions on how to add them to existing toys? That seems ridiculous. If it so complicated to add these few led's then why were the toys not molded to allow for them originally?

#4635 8 years ago

So to sum all this up... we'll find out the details when Charlie comes by or someone writes back to Kayte. Or should we all keep pontificating endlessly? (always wanted to use that word)

#4636 8 years ago

One thing I haven't heard suggested is that the aftermarket mod/upgrade might require you to send your "core" toys back, like you take an alternator or battery back to the auto parts shop. Sure, if the extra $40 means I get a second set of toys I can do whatever with - hot glue them to my desk at work even - then yeah that seems like a better deal. But aren't expectations running a bit high here considering this was just announced? Production is happening at an incredible pace compared to some other 'boutique' titles out there and they had to build the fricken building first.

More pertinent, I can't imagine there will be an unlimited supply of these mods in stock down the road. They know exactly how many machines will be out there and if initial demand isn't high, I wouldn't expect them to make a whole pile of extras for everybody who balked at $40.

#4637 8 years ago

$6000+ for a large toy. yes!

$200-$300 for a cpl nice upgrades that further support the company. no!

Welcome to pinball, folks.

---

back to reality-
so awesome that these are shipping any minute! they just moved into a new bldg a few mos ago!

#4638 8 years ago

Here's my worthless interpretation:

Pay $200 now and you get lit up toys with your game.
Pay $240 after May 9th (but before your game ships) and you get lit up toys with your game.

There is no current option to purchase the lit up toys after your game has shipped. If so, it might cost more than $240, maybe $300?

Keep speculating, folks.

#4639 8 years ago

Wow... ok, here's the deal. The light up toys Matt has a ton of time & effort into. They require a completely different mold / assembly / wiring... the odds of anyone adding LED's to the standard sculpt toys without destroying them is slim, depending on your skill level of course. It's not as simple as "adding an LED" by any means.

You can always buy and add the light up toys later at your own discretion and have both sets of toys. Flat out, the Robot will be tricky to install. There's a lot going on in that pop bumper assembly to put it in place correctly, but I'm sure most of you can handle it.

At $200... you're saving a few bucks on the aftermarket price, and getting the officially licensed mods installed by us with no risk to you. We damage something on install, it gets fixed / replaced by us before you ever see it. The standard toys are not included.

If this isn't something you want or seems like a bad deal to you, then please... just skip it. We understand. Your game will ship as advertised with the standard toys.

#4640 8 years ago

Personally, Id rather save $40, not have the spare toys and not have to worry about the headache of installing them. This is the option I went with.. My two cents..

#4641 8 years ago

Charlie will a shaker motor add-on be available in the future (on our dime) and will it be incorporated in the code?

#4642 8 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Charlie will a shaker motor add-on be available in the future (on our dime) and will it be incorporated in the code?

Yes we are currently working on this with Pinball Life... they are also working on a "real knocker" and Fawzma is working on both for code as I type.

#4643 8 years ago

I've installed my fair share of LEDs in playfield toys... The time and effort required to DIY isn't worth it when you can get them already installed in your machine from day 1 and they look perfect!

I'll be sending in my "heck yes" for the light up toys on the RZ I reserved.

This game is going to be Spook-tacular.

#4644 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

$6000+ for a large toy. yes!
$200-$300 for a cpl nice upgrades that further support the company. no!
Welcome to pinball, folks.
---
back to reality-
so awesome that these are shipping any minute! they just moved into a new bldg a few mos ago!

I wonder why a $6000 large toy can't come with colored leds.... just saying!

#4645 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

"real knocker"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I hate the stern screech replay noise

#4646 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Do you say the same thing for incandescent clear bulbs....just saying.

#4647 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Because it doesn't.

Game 1 - non licensed - $6000 - sold out

Game 2 - awesome license - $6000 - sold out with a waiting list longer than the number of games being made.

Your right, he should have charged us each $1000 more and thrown in the $80 in bulbs.

#4648 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Because it doesn't.

That's a great answer... PPS quickly swore off factory customizations after MMr, but Spooky is making this feel like a boutique game experience by offering optional upgrades.

To the original question, yes colored LEDs do cost the same as white, but the difference boils down the increase in parts costs (cheaper to order 50,000 white bulbs than smaller quantities of 8 different colors)... and there is an increase in labor involved in installing different bulbs for different inserts in the assembly line, and time is money. It's no more complicated than that.

#4649 8 years ago

Cool sounds good. Game 113 in for all the upgrades, was just wondering about it. Thanks again Charlie keep up the good work!

#4650 8 years ago

#293 getting all the upgrades and shaker when available. This game is going to rock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/93?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.