Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 211.
#4451 3 years ago

I'm excited to see all these options. though mine will be set up to be hard like all my games

#4452 3 years ago

I played it at the show and had a great time. I can't wait to hear it better. That always helps.

As for suggestions, when playing multiplayer, the "Skill shot screen" should say which player is up.
We had multiple people playing and we were talking and whatever and got confused as to who was up. There was no way to tell.

Also, I got a high score, but I have no idea what high score I got. When I put in my initials, it didn't say "3rd High Score" or whatever. Then I wasn't able to wait around and see.

Thanks again for bringing it and getting it done! Very awesome...

#4453 3 years ago

Good news, I can reproduce the ballsave/new player bug.

I can reproduce it by draining the ball right after a launch, no other switches get hit, straight drain with the ball save light on. Did that many people really do that?

Technically it should have saved the ball but the drain seems to be competing with the save and the drain wins.

You of course don't see this in a one player game, or its not as noticeable. I'll have this worked out (tonight) and before MGC for sure.

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Good news, I can reproduce the ballsave/new player bug.
I can reproduce it by draining the ball right after a launch, no other switches get hit, straight drain with the ball save light on. Did that many people really do that?
Technically it should have saved the ball but the drain seems to be competing with the save and the drain wins.
You of course don't see this in a one player game, or its not as noticeable. I'll have this worked out (tonight) and before MGC for sure.

Do slings/pops count as switch hits? it seemed like at least those were being hit before the bug was occurring? Anyone else have a better recollection? (Wish I was still there "testing"!)

#4455 3 years ago

This is what I get for fixing something that wasn't technically broke. I ended up cleaning up the drain/ballsave code after spooky had a bunch of people over.

In any case, it looks like this is fixed now. I'll be testing in MP for a couple days then I can move on to other things that do need fixed.

Now when you drain on launch you get the ball back and it stays on your turn. Now to decide if I reward points for that behavior and fail out your skillshot or take away your save timer.

#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Do slings/pops count as switch hits? it seemed like at least those were being hit before the bug was occurring? Anyone else have a better recollection? (Wish I was still there "testing"!)

There's a chance you might have thought you hit then, but not hard enough to trigger the first hit. I need to add a check in the ball save to see if you hit any of the 3 shots prior to draining and end the skillshot.

edit.. i've already fixed this and don't want to go back, even if you hit the first sling, its a valid skillshot attempt. my messed up code would have had the same bad behavior if you drained right off the first sling. This is due to the logic that says the ball save stays on while in skillshot.

#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Now when you drain on launch you get the ball back and it stays on your turn. Now to decide if I reward points for that behavior and fail out your skillshot or take away your save timer.

if NO switches are hit then the game NEEDs to give the ball back and act as if it was never plunged. You should still get a full ball saver and full option at the skill shot.

if ANY switch is hit then ball save timer should start with that switch and if the ball drains quickly then the game should auto launch another ball immediately upon seeing a drain (either outlane or trough switch) and ball saver ends at that point and no chance for another skillshot.

#4458 3 years ago

Yeah that could make sense for at least part of the ball drain bug, but there were several occurrences of the ball draining from an outlane and chop being completed awarding a ball save but not actually saving the ball and instead just advancing to the next player so I know for sure a switch was being hit during those.

#4459 3 years ago

The behavior I saw on three or four out of six balls between my wife and I was along these lines, my apologies if this is inaccurate, we only played it once:

Two player game

Ball save is lit (pretty sure it didn't matter if it was during drain or not, but was at least once)

On draining with ball save lit, ball save animation is played. Flippers are frozen. Plunging to the drain (because the flippers are disabled) puts the ball back in the shooter lane, pretty sure ball save animation was played again and a ball was kicked into the shooter lane. Now it's the next player's turn and a second ball is ejected to the shooter lane (two balls in shooter lane).

Charlie said something like this was cumulative over hundreds of plays and went away for a while after reflashing the game, then came back. Not sure there.

One other suggestion - I got the ball past the center drop target (without hitting or dropping it) and up and around the center ramp, was pretty disappointed that didn't provide any kind of award or feedback.

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

One other suggestion - I got the ball past the center drop target (without hitting or dropping it) and up and around the center ramp, was pretty disappointed that didn't provide any kind of award or feedback.

Like a "You're cheating, Doctor Jones!" quote, a la Indian Jones. Someone has to scan Rob Zombie's lyrics to find an appropriate quote!

#4461 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

The behavior I saw on three or four out of six balls between my wife and I was along these lines, my apologies if this is inaccurate, we only played it once:
Two player game
Ball save is lit (pretty sure it didn't matter if it was during drain or not, but was at least once)
On draining with ball save lit, ball save animation is played. Flippers are frozen. Plunging to the drain (because the flippers are disabled) puts the ball back in the shooter lane, pretty sure ball save animation was played again and a ball was kicked into the shooter lane. Now it's the next player's turn and a second ball is ejected to the shooter lane (two balls in shooter lane).
Charlie said something like this was cumulative over hundreds of plays and went away for a while after reflashing the game, then came back. Not sure there.

Quoted from jlm33:

Like a "You're cheating, Doctor Jones!" quote, a la Indian Jones. Someone has to scan Rob Zombie's lyrics to find an appropriate quote!

As for the double balls; it happened to me last night before I fixed the save bug. I think this is the combination between the way I am doing ball stack protection and the unfortunate bug happening at the same time. Things got so flaked out with timers that it was trying to do a ballsave + new player load + anti stack routine.

As for cumulative stuff, I never really bought into that when I heard it. I think he ran into string of player that didn't trigger this. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out now and the logic should never let the player change while the save light is on. I'll be testing in multiplayer up to MGC, and I'll be there to fix whatever crops up as well.

We are working on the sneaky path stuff, just need to find the right sounds/videos to play along with that.

#4463 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

As for the double balls; it happened to me last night before I fixed the save bug. I think this is the combination between the way I am doing ball stack protection and the unfortunate bug happening at the same time. Things got so flaked out with timers that it was trying to do a ballsave + new player load + anti stack routine.
As for cumulative stuff, I never really bought into that when I heard it. I think he ran into string of player that didn't trigger this. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out now and the logic should never let the player change while the save light is on. I'll be testing in multiplayer up to MGC, and I'll be there to fix whatever crops up as well.
We are working on the sneaky path stuff, just need to find the right sounds/videos to play along with that.

Fawzma, thanks for putting so much into the game and taking the feedback. I hope it continues to be done constructively for you guys and know that a lot of us pinheads are just trying to help, hope we don't come off as too big of jerks and that we show appreciation.

#4464 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Fawzma, thanks for putting so much into the game and taking the feedback. I hope it continues to be done constructively for you guys and know that a lot of us pinheads are just trying to help, hope we don't come off as too big of jerks and that we show appreciation.

not a problem, if I didn't get feedback the game wouldn't be what it is today or the future.

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I was thinking more like the quickie bonus and free drop target drop on Sopranos, but yeah!

#4466 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Now to decide if I reward points for that behavior and fail out your skillshot or take away your save timer.

Vote for adding a soundbite. Something along the lines of ... you suck, a $$hole!

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if NO switches are hit then the game NEEDs to give the ball back and act as if it was never plunged. You should still get a full ball saver and full option at the skill shot.
if ANY switch is hit then ball save timer should start with that switch and if the ball drains quickly then the game should auto launch another ball immediately upon seeing a drain (either outlane or trough switch) and ball saver ends at that point and no chance for another skillshot.

At least keep the option open for no zero point ball save like AMH had. I don't like the whole plunging and dropping all day to get a safe trap off the plunge. I do it myself on games often since well, with many games you'd be dumb not to, but it sure gets boring and I'd rather that behavior be treated more like draining (which is what it is) rather than being infinite free time.

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

At least keep the option open for no zero point ball save like AMH had. I don't like the whole plunging and dropping all day to get a safe trap off the plunge. I do it myself on games often since well, with many games you'd be dumb not to, but it sure gets boring and I'd rather that behavior be treated more like draining (which is what it is) rather than being infinite free time.

I could set it so on the 3rd round if you do a straight drain, it will auto plunge the 4th time.

#4469 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I could set it so on the 3rd round if you do a straight drain, it will auto plunge the 4th time.

that would be great!

A nice compromise for a noob that gets a house ball not feeling robbed, yet also a way to limit a skilled player from short plunging for 10 times till they get a perfect lob to a controlled flipper.

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I like that idea. Gives people a couple chances to take a safe plunge, but if they fail too much they lose it.

#4471 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Personally I feel like this is just a standard for modern pins. Even games without a ball save like taf, give you your ball back if no switch is registered

#4472 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Personally I feel like this is just a standard for modern pins. Even games without a ball save like taf, give you your ball back if no switch is registered

#4473 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I tend to agree with this. I think part of the reason for this too is that if the ball isn't kicking cleanly from the trough and the game needs to make multiple attempts to kick into the shooter lane, players could lose their ball entirely. This would not be good for location play. I would suggest that if this added, please add a menu option for it and leave it defaulted to off, so that operators don't have to adjust it.

#4474 3 years ago

Some RZ gameplay from TPF albeit very short:

#4475 3 years ago

yeah I saw that video

I wish some more were around

#4476 3 years ago

The Dead Flip stream was nearly all the video I could hope for. It would be nice to see more of progress since then, and I would love to hear more of the callouts, but I'm willing to wait until mine ships for that.

I also don't think it will be too long until we start to see lots of videos.

#4477 3 years ago

Yea outside of the Dead Flip streams I find little value in videos.... I was hoping for more descriptions of first hand experience since it is the first time the game has been available to the public. The following thread has more first hand thoughts than the RZ thread itself: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-best-new-pinss

#4478 3 years ago

I enjoyed the game. I probably played around 15 games over the weekend, maybe 20. Because the game was so brutal ball times were very short, and even if the line was long you didn't have to wait that long. Especially compared to Ghostbusters, TBL, Hobbit, and Full Throttle which all seemed to be much longer playing games with more safe shots.

I liked that while selecting your mode you could see which shots were lit on the playfield for that mode. However that being said it didn't at all explain what to do, perhaps some info on the mode select screen could be added or would help with that. I found it easier to shoot the center ramp from the right flipper instead of the left even though it looks that it aligned to be shot with left side.

As I mentioned before I think a clear plastic mod, similar to the clear plastic mod for sparky on Metallica, will need to be made to go over the area of the living dead girl targets and the single drop target because most of my airballs came from that area, including two popping up on top of a plastic and getting wedged in between that and the wireform leading to a ball stick.

The game was brutally fast, but I think as more skilled players get on it and it makes its way into some tournament play you are going to see a game that isn't about flow but instead all about control, pace, and accuracy. There is not a lot of shooting on the fly in this game. The only time I was really successful at all with shooting on the fly was after lock shots coming from the inner loop after knocking down the drop target, the pop up post allowed for a nice drop to the right flipper and an immediate feed back into the inner loop for the next lock, I also had some success going right orbit to center ramp, but I certainly wouldn't want to try that over and over.

I enjoyed the upper playfield, and as Charlie and company described upon its release it looks a little bare and simple but it was fun, and if you get into a decent rhythm you will do well up there. I saw it used for a mode all its own, and also as multiplier of jackpots for other mods.
I'll be very curious on the rules for a wizard mode, although much like AMH I'm guessing most players will never see it. If people think AMH is tough this game will destroy them.

The only thing I found truly bothersome were the red plastic inlane ball guides and the rubbers from pinball life, both of these are things that won't be hard to change out for owners who like me don't like their feel. I assume the inlane guides are a standard part I could find made in metal, and if not I'm sure cliffy will be up for the mod challenge. Shots are tight and challenging. Looking forward to getting much more time on it.

#4479 3 years ago

It's hard to give detailed feedback about the gameplay. I played it several times but TPF is so loud (think 747) that you can't really hear most of the sounds or music. Also, keep in mind there are lines constantly. You get to play one game and move on. It's not like anyone got to play for hours and then make good judgements.

While playing I found it hard to decide what to do but that is true with any new pin. I have a bad habit of looking at the pin instead of my ball so game times are pretty short initially. I can't really comment on modes. Barely got to play a handful and wasn't really sure what to do on them until halfway through. It seems very deep.

It just felt fun. It goes from being a normal ball speed to an insane speed in an instant so you have to stay awake and aware. Also hard at a show where you are up all weekend and drinking.

It looks incredible in person. I find no problems with how it looks. Found no real problems with any of it. The few little bugs will get worked out and I can't wait to get mine so I can play it over and over.

Only after having it a couple months would I feel justified in giving a real review. There will probably be some more video footage soon. Ed is talking about doing a live stream which will be great to watch when he gets the time.

Greg

#4480 3 years ago

Wizard mode rules are in, but video clips are temporary to say the least and the ending isn't complete.

I'll make note about including instructions with the mode select, and I added the use of the start button to start the mode. Otherwise, You can still hold the one flipper in, then hit the other to start.

#4481 3 years ago

We're calling this... the Tommy Skinner Texas evaluation super air ball fix included free with every game mod. We also added a clear plastic on the other side of the robot to eliminate the one and only crazy air ball trap we saw in Texas.

We could dial the flippers back, but hell... who doesn't like snappy flippers? Fawzma will tweak code for MGC, we'll give it another trial by fire up there, and as soon as we get back and feel the code is peachy stable, off they go that week!

100_3935_(resized).JPG

#4482 3 years ago

Ooops... glitch and double post.

Thanks for the patience everyone! We're building as fast as we can... first and foremost, we wanted to get our build quality up. Try that while making AMH, building a new shop, hiring, training, moving, designing, setting up RZ production, and letting the dog out once in a while. It gets to be a bit of a handful.

See ya'll at MGC!!!

#4483 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Fawzma will tweak code for MGC, we'll give it another trial by fire up there, and as soon as we get back and feel the code is peachy stable, off they go that week!

So are we to infer that the first games are shipping sometime April?

#4484 3 years ago

We're calling this... the Tommy Skinner Texas evaluation super air ball fix included free with every game mod. We also added a clear plastic on the other side of the robot to eliminate the one and only crazy air ball trap we saw in Texas.
We could dial the flippers back, but hell... who doesn't like snappy flippers? Fawzma will tweak code for MGC, we'll give it another trial by fire up there, and as soon as we get back and feel the code is peachy stable, off they go that week!

100_3935_(resized).JPG

So yep, pretty psyched to have my very own super air ball fix haha thanks as always guys for taking customer feedback! -Tommy Skinner

#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So are we to infer that the first games are shipping sometime April?

As long as boards are in house, games WILL ship in April. We've got them piling up right now in the new Spooky world HQ.

#4486 3 years ago

As long as boards are in house, games WILL ship in April. We've got them piling up right now in the new Spooky world HQ.

Got a loose estimate on number 29? I won't hold you to it, just planning a little.

#4487 3 years ago

So i'm number 110 i think so i should have mine by end of the year ? HAHA keep up good work charlie your games are def worth the wait

#4488 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Got a loose estimate on number 29? I won't hold you to it, just planning a little.

^_^

#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I played it several times but TPF is so loud (think 747) that you can't really hear most of the sounds or music.

Could you imagine if they were still PAing music during the show... I'm SO glad they stopped doing that.

#4490 3 years ago

What's happening Ladies?

All quiet up north.

Spooky must be attending all the political rallies in Wisconsin.

#4491 3 years ago

They got the flu.

#4493 3 years ago

Maybe someone could bring a camera rig and stream RZ all MGC weekend. Hint hint Tom

#4494 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Come to the midwest gaming classic and talk to Charlie directly. I hope to play the game and get an update on production in person.

#4495 3 years ago

Were any gameplay videos posted from TPF?

#4498 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Come to the midwest gaming classic and talk to Charlie directly. I hope to play the game and get an update on production in person.

I will be there.

Very nice feature.

#4499 3 years ago

Fuse LED's what a great feature

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Darn, I'm not on twitter.

Neither am I, but you can still see his post without signing up. just click it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside