2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 223.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I didn't know you had ordered AMH.

Nobody but my wife did until now.

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nobody but my wife did until now.

Usually it's the other way around

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I am in the interested list according to the response email I got Monday morning.

I am too... despite the European ban problem...

Quoted from JosiahCox:

I have a feeling the interested list will be way higher than 300

Agreed

Quoted from JosiahCox:

the amount that will actually deposit the 1k will probably be lower than 300 out of the gate.

I would not bet on that!

#404 8 years ago

I know all the bible adventure stuff is a (semi) joke, but I think a great pin to follow Rob Zombie would be American McGee's Alice. Seeing as JPop is obviously not putting his out. Sticks with the Spooky theme, and another guaranteed sell-out in a limited run.

#405 8 years ago

A A A A A A AK AK AK AKI AKI AKI AKIRA!!!!

images (1).jpgimages (1).jpg
#406 8 years ago

or Ninja scroll

#407 8 years ago

Im in for Bible adventures with some Demon Hunter music

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

How do you guys get your AMH number? I can't beg borrow or steal mine and I don't want to be a PITA that emails over and over.

Best I can tell, you don't get assigned a number. Your game has a serial number, but there is no emphasis on it. The games are produced a few at a time and orders are shipped. Since I ordered my game, the only number is have been given is how may games away until mine is made.

It's not a point of interest for me, so I can't speak to being worried over it. I had a very early WOZ, but the arbitrary numbers seemed kind of silly to me. I was able to have just about any number from 1-1000 and it had zero correlation to the order the game was made.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Best I can tell, you don't get assigned a number. Your game has a serial number, but there is no emphasis on it. The games are produced a few at a time and orders are shipped. Since I ordered my game, the only number is have been given is how may games away until mine is made.
It's not a point of interest for me, so I can't speak to being worried over it. I had a very early WOZ, but the arbitrary numbers seemed kind of silly to me. I was able to have just about any number from 1-1000 and it had zero correlation to the order the game was made.

Thanks for the info. I am not worried just excited. My game is almost done.

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I understand, but I wouldn't make decisions today based on putting myself in the past in that situation. Today they're sold out of AMH and have more employees etc. So they make 68 LE's and 8 back out, they could of auctioned the 8 off and given rest to charity etc.. The point is that all 150 AMH customers are treated the same and all 150 have the opportunity to say yes or no to the LE. Was it a nice gesture to offer this? sure but it was executed poorly.

Quit whining already.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Thanks man... You do your best that's all you can do. Most times it's enough.
Oh, and you'll be happy to know I've been on a buying spree stocking up on all the shit I keep borrowing from you each show... I got the pin lifter stand last week. However, i'm not buying a better power drill though, I'm just planning on stealing yours at York, or Replay FX if you are there. The one with the red duct tape... Start sleeping with it, that mothers mine ! : )

I'll bring an extra one for you

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What?!! It needs to rock - Stryper would be the tamest choice. Memphis May Fire would be another good choice.
I think this is a hilarious tangent in the RZ thread though. I'll stop now.

One more and I'm done too, as much as I'm enjoying it: the original Bible Adventures was only sold in xtian bookstores, so I have to insist we draw from that well for the soundtrack.

So.... Bloodgood, Vengeance Rising, Tourniquet, Deliverance? So much hairy fun out there.

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

That's what I thought, but it would still be awesome to hear those songs. Come on Rob/Spooky!

Christ some of these requests are getting a bit out of hand. It's Rob Zombie themed, not White Zombie themed. There's a big difference, and the "come on Rob/Spooky" is just ignorant. They owe us nothing and have already gone above and beyond with this whole project in the first place. I think everything about this game, the announcement, & how Spooky & Joe @ PinballStar is spot on and anyone here making issues with petty nonsense is just adding unnecessary drama - for what?

Quoted from ZenTron:

what if 68 want one? The 18 are just out of luck? You see, this makes no sense and isnt fair.

First come, first served - ever heard of it? It's completely fair, it's your reasoning and logic that is unfair.

Oh, and since we're measuring cocks again, I'd like to remind all of you that have one, that your cock is an LE, and one of a kind at that.

#414 8 years ago
#415 8 years ago

If Spooky decides to do LE/standard for #3, my suggestion would be to offer 100 LE spots and give priority to the 100 AMH buyers that missed out. Even though I didn't get an LE, I agree with others that the ship has sailed on the current batch of LE's, so it'll be what it'll be.

#416 8 years ago

Charlie will the songs in the pin be entire songs, half songs, or just part??

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Quit whining already.

On post #383 I already said I was done w/ "whining". I appreciate your response in post #410..

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Vengeance Rising, Tourniquet, Deliverance? So much hairy fun out there.

All the bands I was into in highschool and tried to emulate while in bands. Only got to see Deliverance though. My Vengeance (I never accepted the "Rising" part) shirt always got a lot of looks... You'll notice that I had no love for bloodgood though . One bad pig, Barrencross, Bride, and others could play that role for me!

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

First come, first served - ever heard of it? It's completely fair, it's your reasoning and logic that is unfair.

They said they were going to announce the next title on Saturday, not create a first come, first serve queue for LE's. How is it fair if someone was out of town / not checking there computer for a few days. Give me a break , there was zero communication.

They admit they made a mistake and apologized for it, so im right. I sound like a conceited a-hole saying that, but it gets the point across the fastest.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Christ some of these requests are getting a bit out of hand. It's Rob Zombie themed, not White Zombie themed. There's a big difference, and the "come on Rob/Spooky" is just ignorant. They owe us nothing and have already gone above and beyond with this whole project in the first place. I think everything about this game, the announcement, & how Spooky & Joe @ PinballStar is spot on and anyone here making issues with petty nonsense is just adding unnecessary drama - for what?

It was just an idea and simple good natured request. I would like the pin to be all that it can be, and boutique companies like this seem to feed off of buyer feedback. As a casual listener, I don't here a big difference in the music. It's great that you think they've gone above and beyond, but I would at least like to see a picture first before I crown this the greatest machine ever made.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I sound like a conceited a-hole

hey, something we can all finally agree on.

Just drop it now. It is getting really old.

#422 8 years ago

White Zombie is a completely different license that would have compounded the difficulty, time to license, cost, # of approvals, you name it.

As for switching songs on a licensed game? Don't post about it here or put videos on YouTube, or pinHeck will no longer be open-source and we'll encrypt the files.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

hey, something we can all finally agree on.
Just drop it now. It is getting really old.

Pot calling the kettle black

#424 8 years ago

Edited: good point...

Jaz

#425 8 years ago

Maybe this is best for an offline discussion.
Edit
Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Maybe this is best for an offline discussion

ABSOLUTELY...

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

On post #383 I already said I was done w/ "whining". I appreciate your response in post #410..

Quoted from ZenTron:

They said they were going to announce the next title on Saturday, not create a first come, first serve queue for LE's. How is it fair if someone was out of town / not checking there computer for a few days. Give me a break , there was zero communication.
They admit they made a mistake and apologized for it, so im right. I sound like a conceited a-hole saying that, but it gets the point across the fastest.

...and back to whining at #412.....

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Was it "first-come, first-served?" I thought it was first available to the first 50 people that supported Spooky by buying an AMH and sending $3K before the first 5-10 were even shipped. Maybe I am wrong? I, for one, am a big believer in rewarding the people that were the early investors (buyers). It is a great way for Charlie to say "Thank You" to the people who really believed in him and what he was doing long before he had a proven product.

Quoted from boustrophedonic:

If Spooky decides to do LE/standard for #3, my suggestion would be to offer 100 LE spots and give priority to the 100 AMH buyers that missed out. Even though I didn't get an LE, I agree with others that the ship has sailed on the current batch of LE's, so it'll be what it'll be.

I disagree with this as well. This would be like Stern rewarding the buyers of Luci Premiums with: "You bought our pin much later after all the bugs were worked out and the windows were clear so we're going to give you the first/only 100 of our next LE."

Just my humble opinions here.

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Was it "first-come, first-served?" I thought it was first available to the first 50 people that supported Spooky by buying an AMH and sending $3K before the first 5-10 were even shipped. Maybe I am wrong? I, for one, am a big believer in rewarding the people that were the early investors (buyers). It is a great way for Charlie to say "Thank You" to the people who really believed in him and what he was doing long before he had a proven product.

Sorry but you're wrong. People who haven't received their AMH have dibs on LE.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

...and back to whining at #412.....

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Sorry but you're wrong. People who haven't received their AMH have dibs on LE.

Ok, I stand corrected. I really thought first 50 had first shot at first 50. Hmmm...

#432 8 years ago
#433 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I disagree with this as well. This would be like Stern rewarding the buyers of Luci Premiums with: "You bought our pin much later after all the bugs were worked out and the windows were clear so we're going to give you the first/only 100 of our next LE."

Charlie said his goal was to reward AMH buyers, not just AMH buyers with the fastest fingers. There are lots of guys who are in the first 50 AMH orders who were too late on the RZLE. So it's more like: "We're trying to reward everybody who supported us by buying an AMH, so your choices are an opportunity to purchase an RZLE or #3 LE." People would still have time to drop out on RZLE if they're lukewarm on the theme to get on the #3 LE list, which would get more people what they want.

Just an idea anyway. I agree that it's a nice thing that Charlie even offered LE's & certainly doesn't owe us anything but the AMH's we paid for.

#434 8 years ago

Why do I think that Charlie might be already sick of all this LE whining and may never offer one again?

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Why do I think that Charlie might be already sick of all this LE whining and may never offer one again?

And re-solidified his dislike of LEs... even if they are just cosmetic...

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Because Charlie hates drama and probably never imagined the demand would be what it is. He is very humble when it comes to that. Reality is they are all limited and many of them will stay in their original buyer's collection for many years.

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Ok, I stand corrected. I really thought first 50 had first shot at first 50. Hmmm...

Nope, it was a free for all. We bought AMH#41 and were originally waiting for pics of the actual art and layout of Zombie before we committed. But then the frenzy kicked in and by the time we heard The LEs were almost gone we were too late.

Got in on a standard(I hope?) so that's good at least.

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Got in on a standard(I hope?) so that's good at least.

If you didn't get a reply confirm check in again - Spooky's facebook page said yesterday, I think, that they had gone through the emails so check in again if no response received.

#439 8 years ago

I know this is Charlie's game, not mine, but in my original idea for a Rob Zombie pin the music was just a nice bonus. I didn't actually see it as a "band" pin. And it seems like from Rob's response to Spooky's first idea that was much more literally band oriented that he feels the same way.

My semi-educated take: It's a horror pin, featuring some cool iconic characters from the world of Rob Zombie, that has his music as a soundtrack.

So I get it, White Zombie is more popular, blah blah, but to me it's frankly all the same. Metal rock, with Rob Zombie on vocals. I like all his music, but I don't even own any of it, just have a giant Spotify playlist that has White Zombie and Rob Zombie stuff all mixed together, I just play it on shuffle when I'm working on pins. It's good music to shop out pins to, or test fit mods, etc.

What's exciting to me isn't any specific song, it's bad ass metal art, the horror theme, and Rob Effing Zombie's bad ass vocals on custom callouts. He's a long time musical pro and a director, so I'm confident he's going to kill his takes in the booth. No limp dick Karl Urban callouts (sorry man, your callouts sucked, they had all the emotional warmth of a lukewarm tuna sandwich).

So not to be overly reasonable about all this, but maybe wait until you see the art to even worry about which one you're getting. Since there is literally no other difference (I guess some armor, that for the LE price difference you could just pay to have your armor done in any freaking color you want).

All I care about at this point in the gameplay. I'm on the list for one, but it's gotta play well. I respect the hell out of Charlie, and he knows it, but I also didn't hide the fact that the original Pinball Zombies layout wasn't working for me. It's been tweaked, and I know how, but until I at least see some gameplay footage the jury is out.

Luckily Charlie is a solid dude who doesn't want anyone to spend a dime before they get to see that stuff.

Frankly given how few slots are left I think you're crazy if you're at all interested in this to not get in now before the art is revealed. Because I think there's likely to be a rush for the last ones after that. It's not a stupid pre-order, just a "fair as we can manage" system. Works for me.

FFS, les whining and belly-aching! More bad ass metal babes! (It's horny juvenile adolescent fantasy shit, and I love it.)

ALEX MOTHER FUNKING HORLEY IN THE HOUSEALEX MOTHER FUNKING HORLEY IN THE HOUSE

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Quit trying to spin words and arguing over nothing. Yes, as you pointed out I have a major disagreement with Spooky
Your sympathy is not needed, we are not owed anything. If you don't like how Spooky does things don't buy there games. LE = Limited Edition = Not everyone will get one (unless your are JJP who doesn't seem to understand that the L means limited)
Just come out and say that you want an LE and you can't get one and you are pissed. Otherwise I can't imagine why you are wasting your breath on this.

Jgentry that guy Zentron argues with me talking about my Full Throttle purchase on the thread about the game I am buying and then comes over and argues with you on this thread?? Again he aint buying either game but wants to get in the middle of discussions true customers are having. Zentron just stop it. Feedback from all Pinheads is great. Just arguing with folks who are in on games and supporting the manufacturer for arguments sake is not.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

FFS, les whining and belly-aching! More bad ass metal babes! (It's horny juvenile adolescent fantasy shit, and I love it.)

Please , please , please have art like that! : )

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Please , please , please have art like that! : )

I haven't seen the art, but just saying, this is what the guy does. Marked images with bare nipples as NSFW.

horley003.jpghorley003.jpgFrankVSdinos.jpgFrankVSdinos.jpghorley20070807.jpghorley20070807.jpgPurgatori_3.jpgPurgatori_3.jpg

#443 8 years ago

I love juvenile adolescent fantasy shit. Really.

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I love juvenile adolescent fantasy shit. Really.

I hope I'm never too old to love it!

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope I'm never too old to love it!

I'm not... that's for sure!

Again, when Rob requested Alex, I thought... "oh crap, there goes the license. We'll never be able to get that guy". We did, and I'm still shocked and amazed.

Please for the love of Jebus, forget the LE thing. We did 50, they went faster than we could ever have anticipated, end of story. Both games are going to be identical in every way... One will just have a different bad ass art package, while the other will have an equally as bad ass art package, but more of them.

We're not holding back on this... Some of you are going to have to lock it in "family mode" and leave it there. It's all about the horror, metal, art, and crazy world that Zombie has created. I freakin' love it!

It's just a dream to be working on this game at all.

#446 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm not sure we could have a more appropriate graphic artist working on this pin. It will likely end up being the "Fathom/Centaur" of its generation... (the two best looking pins of all time in my book)

-mof

#447 8 years ago

Thanks Charlie.

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Again, when Rob requested Alex, I thought... "oh crap, there goes the license. We'll never be able to get that guy". We did, and I'm still shocked and amazed.

20X better than that hack you were first pondering!

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As for switching songs on a licensed game? Don't post about it here or put videos on YouTube, or pinHeck will no longer be open-source and we'll encrypt the files.

Why is this not a problem for Stern? There's tons of posts here and videos of songs being swapped out on their games and they don't give a crap.

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why is this not a problem for Stern? There's tons of posts here and videos of songs being swapped out on their games and they don't give a crap.

Who the hell cares?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.