Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 210.
#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I can't speak for Kiss (I just haven't followed the title all that closely), but I do know Metallica brought some new blood into pinball...Pinside had some new members out of the Metallica fan club that became collectors. Some post here pretty regularly.

I think you are 100% correct, but RZ is not Metallica and the games are not even close to being in the same league.

#4102 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This does raise a good point. From what i've heard is that Rob was disappointed in two things. To him the pf looked sparse and now he is disappointed that nobody outside of pinside was able to get in on this game. The pinsiders love the pf, so the first complaint isn't as big a deal. But the second one is a pretty big problem
Is it really worth it to keep a pin so limited to 300 that you're going to make it harder to get cool licenses? I doubt Rob would be willing to let another pin be made if barely any of his fans could actually buy a pin.What I would do in the future would be to ask the people who bought the first two spooky machines and lock in their numbers, THEN I would add 300. With the current trend of hundreds of people from the previous game buying up every spot on the second game, the only real winner is Spooky. Lots of fans losing out.

I heard that Rob Zombie hated the game and is super pissed that Spooky is only making 300 of them. See I can make up shit too.

Rob Zombie agreed to the license knowing the amount of games and personally approved the art. What more do you want?

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think you are 100% correct, but RZ is not Metallica and the games are not even close to being in the same league.

Agreed, metallica is a snoozefest and RZ is fun and a refreshing style of play.

#4105 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed, metallica is a snoozefest

Shots fired!!

rd

#4106 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shots fired!!
rd

well at least I have played both games before declaring a standard fan layout with pretty boring code the better game, LOL.

Sorry but darkknight loses much respect for game rating when he has yet to play a game and declares it inferior.

#4107 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shots fired!!
rd

Hey RD - can you get KT to airfreight one over for Pincade to we can all do a comparison - please?

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Hey RD - can you get KT to airfreight one over for Pincade to we can all do a comparison - please?

RZ won't make Pincade but AMH may ... Depends on the freight companies.

You coming over again for Pincade?

rd

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well at least I have played both games before declaring a standard fan layout with pretty boring code the better game, LOL.
Sorry but darkknight loses much respect for game rating when he has yet to play a game and declares it inferior.

What are you smoking??? Listen I am not saying RZ will suck, heck I am #193, but don't be a f'ing douche bag and call Metallica "boring"??? Considering Metallica Is rated #9 & #10 of all time here on Pinside, I think it is safe to say your "respect" is nothing I give a shit about. Yes, RZ will be inferior to Metallica.......deal with it! I am paying $6000 for one and I am "ok" with it being inferior. Not every pin can be top ten material, that doesn't take away from the company or the game.

#4110 3 years ago

What are you smoking??? Listen I am not saying RZ will suck, heck I am #193, but don't be a f'ing douche bag and call Metallica "boring"??? Considering Metallica Is rated #9 & #10 of all time here on Pinside, I think it is safe to say your "respect" is nothing I give a shit about. Yes, RZ will be inferior to Metallica.......deal with it! I am paying $6000 for one and I am "ok" with it being inferior. Not every pin can be top ten material, that doesn't take away from the company or the game.

Bazooka fired......Target destroyed.......No survivors!

#4111 3 years ago

Bazooka fired......Target destroyed.......No survivors!

Booooooya!

Different strokes for different folks. For me, Metallica is a great game. However I have 50 old slow clangers in my collection too.

Obviously I haven't played RZ, but from watching the Dead flip stream I can tell you right now that there would be a HEAP of pinsiders who wouldn't like RZ. They don't like to have their asses handed to them like RZ does. Must dent their fragile egos or something.

rd

#4112 3 years ago

I've played both games and wouldn't say either one is "Inferior" to the other. They are just different. RZ is the tougher game and plays unlike any other pin but Met is a tried and true fan layout with solid rules but plays like a lot of other games. Both are great for what they are. I'm excited for RZ and had a blast playing it! I think it will end up being one of the best multiplayer games out there due to its brutal nature and "Corpse stealing" and I can't wait to play dollar games on it! The sound package and display graphics are unlike anything we've seen before. I like Metallica but would rather own a RZ because it offers a more unique playing experience and is different from what we've seen before. I can play Metallica on route, at shows, or in a bunch of my friend's collections whereas RZ may be much harder to play/find If I didn't buy one.-although I do have several friends' buying them.

#4113 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've played both games and wouldn't say either one is "Inferior" to the other. They are just different. RZ is the tougher game and plays unlike any other pin but Met is a tried and true fan layout with solid rules but plays like a lot of other games. Both are great for what they are. I'm excited for RZ and had a blast playing it! I think it will end up being one of the best multiplayer games out there due to its brutal nature and "Corpse stealing" and I can't wait to play dollar games on it! The sound package and display graphics are unlike anything we've seen before. I like Metallica but would rather own a RZ because it offers a more unique playing experience and is different from what we've seen before.

Well stated Mike!

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

RZ is the tougher game and plays unlike any other pin

To me, watching from 12,009 miles away, RZ looks like Gottliebs Black Hole with a LCD and modern ruleset.

Charlie, is that what you were going for when you designed this game?

rd

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ok, now I am really confused???? I was moderated for my post to Whysnow and honestly I can understand why, but no way should Whysnow have been moderated for his post to me. Is this site turning into Mr Rogers playground? Yeah, yeah, I know, if you don't like the site rules, don't come here. Looks like a I need to change my name to the white knight and spread peace, love and happiness, instead of calling delusional pinheads out. The funny thing is, we are discussing a pin that is more offensive than anything either one of us have said...lol

#4116 3 years ago

I really don't think it'll take them 18 months to build 300 RZs. I'd wager well under a year. They'd only need to do less than 2 a day to be done in 6 months. They've nearly managed to finish AMH practically working out of a backroom. As long as they don't have problems with parts or QC, a proper production line and more assembly staff ought to help them spit the machines out quite swiftly.

#4117 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I really don't think it'll take them 18 months to build 300 RZs. I'd wager well under a year.

You do realize it took them over a year and a half to build 150 AMH correct? Obviously, I own an AMH and quite frankly I'm having the most fun with that game than I have with any game for a long, long time. That being said, I know they have a new warehouse and this is their second game but expecting them to just churn out 300 machines in 1 year with no blips along the way is a pipe dream. The Spooky folks know I love 'em so no apology needed here. Just being realistic.

#4118 3 years ago

Metallica sucks. Band and pin.

#4119 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Metallica sucks. Band and pin.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even an unpopular one.

#4120 3 years ago

In other news...Rob Zombie and cast premiering his new movie "31" last night at Sundance.

Review - 31 is UNAPOLOGETICALLY A PIECE OF ULTRAVIOLET GRIND HOUSE HORROR!

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/31-sundance-review-273

12540544_10153235146875863_7411712242689518451_n_(resized).jpg
12565505_10153236277715863_7415030203038925823_n_(resized).jpg
12540968_10153236277745863_8339330396342455390_n_(resized).jpg
12573823_10153236277730863_7267871971200030981_n_(resized).jpg

#4121 3 years ago

I've not played either so no dog in this fight but I wish everyone would quit using pinside rankings to quantify a pins worth. Don't you realize that everytime a new game comes out it's in the tip 20 for a period of time? Let's wait 10 years and see if Metallica is still in the top 100 then we'll talk. If the game is less than 2 years old it's rankings are as meaningful as my opinion.

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've not played either so no dog in this fight but I wish everyone would quit using pinside rankings to quantify a pins worth. Don't you realize that everytime a new game comes out it's in the tip 20 for a period of time? Let's wait 10 years and see if Metallica is still in the top 100 then we'll talk. If the game is less than 2 years old it's rankings are as meaningful as my opinion.

I can understand your view to a degree and it certainly applies to games that have been out for a few months, but statistically, it's the number of reviews that matter most. Many of the newer games with high ratings have at least 400+ reviews. Games that have been out for decades only have roughly double that. I am by no means the God of all pinball, but I have played the top 100 rated games a lot and have owned roughly half.......In my opinion, the rating process on pinside is fairly accurate. What I like most about it, is you can go and update you position on a game when there is new code. All that being said, you need to go play Metallica, great game, nice light show, with great rules & flow.....Whysnow is right that the layout is generic, but it works for this game.

#4123 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I view rankings as the opposite. Because of how Pinside allows votes from ten years ago (before there were color changing inserts and other changes) to still count today and be weighted equally, I view the old game's ranking as being basically meaningless as they do not reflect the current community at all.

I call this issue legacy voting (past Pinsiders long since departed that never even heard of a Tron LE pumping up the ratings of 90's games before we were so critical). If all games started from zero today the top 100 would look radically different reflecting the current collector community only and not ghosts from the distant past who didn't have many of the current games to even consider.

Anyway, sorry for my off topic post. I haven't had a good legacy vote post in at least a year...it had been bubbling up.

#4124 3 years ago

Metallica is a great game and I used to own it. For me, where it is different is that it takes time for a great game to develop as in getting to the CIU modes which are awesome. The first few minutes of the game can be a bit dull.

Whereas I expect RZ to be edge of seats, right from the start. We shall see. Different games. Metallica is for sure one of the best games of the last few years but love the way RZ is developing.

#4125 3 years ago

I can understand your view to a degree and it certainly applies to games that have been out for a few months, but statistically, it's the number of reviews that matter most. Many of the newer games with high ratings have at least 400+ reviews. Games that have been out for decades only have roughly double that.

That's kind of my point....the 400 reviews of new games are mostly by the fans of the games and their initial excitement. The older games are over a longer period of time far after the honeymoon stage is over.

In the end ratings don't much matter to me and shouldn't to anyone else other than a general benchmark. All of the games in the top 100 have their pros and cons and are more or less liked by the populace. But to say a game ranked #10 is better than a game ranked #20 or even #50 is folly.

As for Metallica it looks great and I wouldn't mind owning one...but I already have two fan style games in acdc and SM. I'd trade SM for one but the opportunity hasn't presented itself.

#4126 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I view rankings as the opposite. Because of how Pinside allows votes from ten years ago (before there were color changing inserts and other changes) to still count today and be weighted equally, I view the old game's ranking as being basically meaningless as they do not reflect the current community at all.
I call this issue legacy voting (past Pinsiders long since departed that never even heard of a Tron LE pumping up the ratings of 90's games before we were so critical). If all games started from zero today the top 100 would look radically different reflecting the current collector community only and not ghosts from the distant past who didn't have many of the current games to even consider.
Anyway, sorry for my off topic post. I haven't had a good legacy vote post in at least a year...it had been bubbling up.

That's kind of like saying a 68 GTO isn't as much fun as a 2015 Cobra because it doesn't have power steering or brakes. They are all great for different reasons.

#4127 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

They are all great for different reasons.

I totally agree with you.

That said, ratings someone gave a 68 GTO in 1971 for example would be completely meaningless to me. Ratings someone gives the 68 GTO in 2016 is meaningful to me.

Ratings someone gives the 68 GTO in 1971 would still be meaningful to me if the person was still around in 2016 and stood by his rating from 1971. My issue is the ratings staying from another time and from long departed Pinsiders (those two factors combined).

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The older games are over a longer period of time far after the honeymoon stage is over.

Ratings do not mean shit, but even those older games are rated during the honeymoon phase and then long forgotten, all rating systems should be used strictly a loose guide, SS at #10 and TX Sector at #123 is to me pure horseshit so my top 20 pins would be way different than whats there, also we are all biased pertaining to theme, if I liked RZ music and films then I would find the good in this pin and obviously rate it higher than the guy who knows nothing about him regardless of how well it plays.

#4129 3 years ago

Geez, having a personal opinion is still ok, isn't it? I find all the bitching about you like this, I like that, as boring rather than anything worth reading. Just let people have a say of their opinion and move on. Please avoid pounding the same message, that people are idiots unless they agree with your taste and preference? It would make Pinside so much better.

I hope this RZ thread will be more about the game, than a personal quests to convince us its "better" or "worth it".

#4130 3 years ago

I'd like to request that we find a ratings thread and walk the ratings talk over there. I was hoping for RZ news =)
-mof

#4131 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

This is the pattern. True my friend. Also I wanted to add the pinside rating is a tool. Not something you want to follow. I have played many games in the top 30. Also many in the 200's. Which do I like better? I would have to play them first.

#4132 3 years ago

This was more interesting when we were talking about pizza

#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

RZ won't make Pincade but AMH may ... Depends on the freight companies.
You coming over again for Pincade?
rd

Yes, making the journey with a few Queenslanders - a few first timers as well. Hugh sensory overload last year, amazing collections by all. This year, more concentration on comps and booze. AMH will sort out the group I'm sure.

#4134 3 years ago

I assume RZ next interation (new pf with added inserts) is confirmed to be at TPF along with Spooky and crew?

Looking forward to when is my next time to play this game!

#4135 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yes, making the journey with a few Queenslanders - a few first timers as well. Hugh sensory overload last year, amazing collections by all. This year, more concentration on comps and booze. AMH will sort out the group I'm sure.

Dunno if AMH will be there, my guess would be NO at this stage. My cheapest option is shipping it ex NYC which can take 8 weeks ... But it's $1000 plus cheaper than air freight.

rd

#4136 3 years ago

I love blondes and brunettes for different reasons and wish I had one of each in the basement, even though my wife would probably spend as much time on them as I would. Feel the same about Met and RZ.

#4137 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

love blondes and brunettes for different reasons and wish I had one of each in the basement, even though my wife would probably spend as much time on them as I would

I need to attend one of your "parties".

rd

#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I need to attend one of your "parties".

I recommend backing the hearse in, just in case.

#4139 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To me, watching from 12,009 miles away, RZ looks like Gottliebs Black Hole with a LCD and modern ruleset.
Charlie, is that what you were going for when you designed this game?
rd

Interesting comparison... BH is one of my favorites, the similarities include open playfield, dispersed pops, and mid-playfield slings. While the purpose of the open playfield in BH is for the lower playfield window, both put a premium on action. Keep in mind BH is a widebody and it's 4 pops and 2 mid-playfield slings are ideal for its many targets, but RZ steps up the wild action with 4 slings and 3 pops scattered around a smaller playfield. RZ seems to be a combination of modern shooter/fan layout with relentless action.

I also just noticed I own several games that have playfields as open as RZ including BH, Centaur, SM, IM, BBH, oddly enough all sitting in the same row.

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I recommend backing the hearse in, just in case.

Hmmm good planning. If the "partying" gets too exciting, there may be some errrrr "partyers" we need to errrr dispose of .... This is getting murky.

rd

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I love blondes and brunettes for different reasons and wish I had one of each in the basement, even though my wife would probably spend as much time on them as I would.

Ummm...

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its literally possible to please a lot more than 300. the fact that spooky is a pinside retailer instead of a pinball retailer is something he needs to change. Its a shame that only pinsiders got the pin and barely any of those hard core fans that missed out. get rid of these "LE whysnow" numbers and crank that number up to 700

Give them a chance to grow at a pace that doesn't put them out of business. Don't worry, the 700 pin run will happen, just not on RZ.
Terry.

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

get rid of these "LE whysnow" numbers

WTH does this even mean?

#4144 3 years ago

RZSI SE (skin edition)
tumblr_nxxo589NP81s3u023o1_500_(resized).jpg spaulding_(resized).jpg

#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

RZSI SE (skin edition)

Please tell us you got in on a RZ pinball? Well deserved with tats like that.

#4146 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WTH does this even mean?

I don't know. But it's provocative. It gets the people going.

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I really don't think it'll take them 18 months to build 300 RZs. I'd wager well under a year.

How much?

#4148 3 years ago

im in on a whysnow edition!!

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Give them a chance to grow at a pace that doesn't put them out of business. Don't worry, the 700 pin run will happen, just not on RZ.
Terry.

I agree they need to grow at there owe pace. That's good business sense

#4150 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

im in on a whysnow edition!!

nice! It really is the best edition!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside