Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 211.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I doubt this is true. If it is, a mistake was made. I know someone who didn't get one and inquired in July.

Ken made a mistake.

The guy he is referring to got on the list well before Sept/Oct as he was posting on our local forum in late July to see if any locals were thinking about dropping out so he could move up from where he was (he originally assumed he had gotten in too late).

No mistake by Spooky, just a mistake by Ken in recalling when he thought the guy got on the waitlist.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Glad to hear there will be 1 to play in Indiana. I haven't been to MSA yet, but a friend of mine says it's awesome. An RZ pin will force me to go. Thanks for that

No problem it's worth the trip. I love less than 5 minutes from there. Open door policy at my house anytime you want to come play hit me up.

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I am not a huge Rob Zombie fan, but I am a huge fan of the pinball machines, and company that Charlie and his team have created. My AMH has become the go to game in my arcade.

Same here. If it wasn't Spooky, I wouldn't be nearly as interested. I'm a huge fan of horror movies, but consider RZ's films to be pretty low on the scale. I listened to White Zombie in high school, but Hellbilly Deluxe is the only solo album i've even heard. Still, this is a coveted combination of horror and pinball being made by a company I am proud to support.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

I am taking suggestions for colors for the production run we can do anything besides black and white.

Chinese-netizens-divided-over-mysterious-dress-0_(resized).png

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I think MANY people dropped out when the $ were due.

$1K Really?? If you can't afford $1K for a machine that's easily going to be worth $8K upon completion then you should probably pick another hobby.

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ken made a mistake.
The guy he is referring to got on the list well before Sept/Oct as he was posting on our local forum in late July to see if any locals were thinking about dropping out so he could move up from where he was (he originally assumed he had gotten in too late).
No mistake by Spooky, just a mistake by Ken in recalling when he thought the guy got on the waitlist.

I assume we are all talking about me. When I got on the list I was told I was on the waiting list. Not sure how deep in I was on the waiting list because I wasn't assigned a number. Regardless people def had to drop out so my number was called. I believe I'm 298 or 299 and it took a bit of time after the first 300 cut off date to be contacted.

Either way I'm very excited to be on the list. Had a chance to play it and although it still plays like the original pin played, I'm still really happy with it. I think the code these guys churn out is really great and they listen so there is potential for constant improvement.

#4057 4 years ago

Yeah, I know some people dont like to have future purchases made public so did not mention names

I just did not want anyone to think funny things went down or mistakes were made by team Spooky. I knew from the WI forum that you were on the waitlist well before the Sept/Oct date Ken had recalled.

Glad you got in since it will fit perfectly in your collection! Pretty cool to get one fo the last ones being made also!

#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I know some people dont like to have future purchases made public so did not mention names
I just did not want anyone to think funny things went down or mistakes were made by team Spooky. I knew from the WI forum that you were on the waitlist well before the Sept/Oct date Ken had recalled.
Glad you got in since it will fit perfectly in your collection! Pretty cool to get one fo the last ones being made also!

I don't know what I'm going to do if Iron Maiden or MC drops. Here's to hoping the next stern music pin is NKOTB or Aerosmith.

Would it be wrong if I ended up with all music pins and System 11s?

#4059 4 years ago

that is a pretty sweet collection IMO

I am guessingthat you would still buy NKOTB... oh oh ..oh oh oh

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is a pretty sweet collection IMO
I am guessingthat you would still buy NKOTB... oh oh ..oh oh oh

I mean who wouldn't. If there is a chance to hear 4 grown men stand around it singing Hangin Tough.......well that's just a win.

#4063 4 years ago

I like the building updates this was yesterday

12410522_1018695518191675_183567878715795730_n_(resized).jpg

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Feb 1 done & close to moving in looks realistic.

#4065 4 years ago

I haven't kept up with the latest from Spooky. How many AMH's are left to produce? Must be getting close.

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Love the progress - reminds me of the speed of the Boston Flippers!

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Love the progress - reminds me of the speed of the Boston Flippers!

There even more progress. Stopped by today and now there is framing for rooms.

I updated the machine there with the latest. Really liking the skillshot instant info feature. I'm going to add one for when you are in play. Holding both flippers will tell you what you can do to progress. If you aren't in a main mode, it will tell you where to go. If you are in a mode, it will tell you what's left to complete.

#4068 4 years ago

Just FYI, the pinball standard is to hold one flipper for instant info, then use the other to toggle through info pages at your own pace. Nothing wrong with trying something new, just wanted to make sure you were aware. Thanks for all your updates & openness!

#4069 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just FYI, the pinball standard is to hold one flipper for instant info, then use the other to toggle through info pages at your own pace. Nothing wrong with trying something new, just wanted to make sure you were aware. Thanks for all your updates & openness!

point taken

#4070 4 years ago

Watched the whole JD stream live. Looks brutal but fun. One suggestion."There goes another ball" at drain is heard WAY too often. Also the balls getting cut off is WAY too often.

#4071 4 years ago

Wow that's some fast progress on the building. Looking great!

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Watched the whole JD stream live. Looks brutal but fun. One suggestion."There goes another ball" at drain is heard WAY too often. Also the balls getting cut off is WAY too often.

We are coming up with other ball save animations. There is also a % chance you get some other bonus besides the ball save.

There are more voice clips to add for the ball drains. Sid Haig has a ton (34 to be exact) I'm adding.

#4073 4 years ago

I'm sure Captain Spalding has some choice comments!

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I mean who wouldn't. If there is a chance to hear 4 grown men stand around it singing Hangin Tough.......well that's just a win.

One would think that, but... About a year into dating my now-wife, I got a call from a much younger girl I used to run around with who found herself for whatever reason with two dozen tickets to see the NKOTB/Backstreet Boys tour stop in Hershey. We called everyone we knew but only came up with five or six souls willing. With Seinfeld levels of irony in tow, we proceeded to get trashed in the parking lot and jump into the fray. Sorry to say, almost no enjoyment was had. I wanted it to be funny, I wanted to secretly enjoy it a little but no... Most of us ended up going back to the parking lot in retreat, aside from the retired-pro wrestler gay guy and the young'n who supplied the tickets. They came skipping back much later with huge grins and bags from the gift shop, apparently they hit Chocolate World after the show in elation.

And that, gentlemen, is why I can't wait for my RZ to get here.

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I haven't kept up with the latest from Spooky. How many AMH's are left to produce? Must be getting close.

AMH # 132 landed in Tampa on Wednesday so they are getting close. My brother is stopping by tomorrow to help me set it up.

#4076 4 years ago

I'm on RZ #44.
Going to operate it in Sydney.
Multiplayer pinball is big now, loads of friends meeting up for beers and games.
How about the option to enter your name at the start of the game?
I see it so many times in these social occasion where people get side tracked by a conversation or going to the bar ect... Next thing someone's played someone's ball and it unravels the flow of play.
A ten digit log in for each player on ball one would solve this.
You could opt out by hitting both flippers and also disable in settings.
I think it would also be more engaging than simply being P1,P2..ect.
Yes it would take a little longer to start a game but worth it.
There could also be a continue option at the end of play so you don't need to re enter names. You could delete players if need be.
Just a thought.
Game looks amazing!

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

I'm on RZ #44.
Going to operate it in Sydney.
Multiplayer pinball is big now, loads of friends meeting up for beers and games.
I see it so many times in these social occasion where people get side tracked by a conversation or going to the bar ect... Next thing someone's played someone's ball and it unravels the flow of play.
You could opt out by hitting both flippers and also disable in settings.
I think it would also be more engaging than simply being P1,P2..ect.
Yes it would take a little longer to start a game but worth it.
There could also be a continue option at the end of play so you don't need to re enter names. You could delete players if need be.
Just a thought.
Game looks amazing!

seems a bit too much, but hey if it's a setting- then why not

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

I'm on RZ #44.

I often thought about this, and since its something that isn't normal, I wanted to do it. But who knows what kind of flack I'd get for it

No way on the code. I have it set up where you can hold the flippers on the skillshot and it will tell you important info about who's playing. Force people to use this feature, and you'll never play with another player's ball.

#4079 4 years ago

Get a 128 byte RAM RFID card to store your name,etc and slap it on the glass when its your turn. Put the reader under the plastic apron, and the plastic becomes useful!

#4080 4 years ago

Just picked up tickets to see Rob Zombie play nearby in May. Any chance the translites will be available by then so we can try to get one signed?

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Just picked up tickets to see Rob Zombie play nearby in May. Any chance the translites will be available by then so we can try to get one signed?

I was wondering the same as I too have tickets to see him.

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Wife and I will be there too.

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Wife and I will be there too.

Jesus, a Pinsider meet at the Giant center... I'll wear my JR's Cycle shirt, bet you know some of my friends who're up at Trexlertown all the time.

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Get a 128 byte RAM RFID card to store your name,etc and slap it on the glass when its your turn. Put the reader under the plastic apron, and the plastic becomes useful!

Almost all phones have NFC built in. Could use that instead

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

$1K Really?? If you can't afford $1K for a machine that's easily going to be worth $8K upon completion then you should probably pick another hobby.

Its already worth 1500 more than it costs orgianly ? Sounds like buying a spooky pin is a no brainer in the future and a great investment ? Lol
I know pins are not a investment but your saying this is a sure thing......

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Almost all phones have NFC built in. Could use that instead

Bump your phone on the glass in the bottom left corner and log in on the machine? That would be pretty far out. I always had the impression the range on those was almost non-existent though.

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its already worth 1500 more than it costs orgianly ? Sounds like buying a spooky pin is a no brainer in the future and a great investment ? Lol
I know pins are not a investment but your saying this is a sure thing......

I'm saying nothing of the sort. I'm only using the current game (AMH) as a barometer and those games are fetching $1,500 above list. I don't think pins are an investment either but in the case of these two machines they are definitely above market value.

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm saying nothing of the sort. I'm only using the current game (AMH) as a barometer and those games are fetching $1,500 above list. I don't think pins are an investment either but in the case of these two machines they are definitely above market value.

I agree with Eggbert on this one. The waiting list for the game is a mile long still (I know, I'm on it and have zero expectation of making the final cut sadly). As far as pins go this one seems like a good bet not to lose any value given the limited numbers.

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with Eggbert on this one. The waiting list for the game is a mile long still (I know, I'm on it and have zero expectation of making the final cut sadly). As far as pins go this one seems like a good bet not to lose any value given the limited numbers.

From talking with Charlie I got the impression that they could have easily sold 2-3x the amount of games given the demand for the title. The amount of demand from Rob Zombie fans/fanclub alone would have sold out all 300 games given the number of requests he received. He mentioned that Rob was disappointed that they were limited to only 300 games as pretty much all of his biggest fans were left out.-the games were sold out before they even knew about it. It sounds like there could be the possibility of a sequel RZ game sometime down the road to satisfy some of the excess demand but nothing is for certain and there are several games including Ben's which would be made before that time.

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

From talking with Charlie I got the impression that they could have easily sold 2-3x the amount of games given the demand for the title. The amount of demand from Rob Zombie fans/fanclub alone would have sold out all 300 games given the number of requests he received. He mentioned that Rob was disappointed that they were limited to only 300 games as pretty much all of his biggest fans were left out.-the games were sold out before they even knew about it. It sounds like there could be the possibility of a sequel RZ game sometime down the road to satisfy some of the excess demand but nothing is for certain and there are several games including Ben's which would be made before that time.

This does raise a good point. From what i've heard is that Rob was disappointed in two things. To him the pf looked sparse and now he is disappointed that nobody outside of pinside was able to get in on this game. The pinsiders love the pf, so the first complaint isn't as big a deal. But the second one is a pretty big problem

Is it really worth it to keep a pin so limited to 300 that you're going to make it harder to get cool licenses? I doubt Rob would be willing to let another pin be made if barely any of his fans could actually buy a pin.What I would do in the future would be to ask the people who bought the first two spooky machines and lock in their numbers, THEN I would add 300. With the current trend of hundreds of people from the previous game buying up every spot on the second game, the only real winner is Spooky. Lots of fans losing out.

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This does raise a good point. From what i've heard is that Rob was disappointed in two things. To him the pf looked sparse

I haven't heard this before but I do know that the playfield art itself was exactly what what Rob wanted as he called the shots on that. He wanted his face between the flippers and a giant tombstone with this name on it along with the other elements that are present.

As far as making more than 300 games I'm sure Charlie would have loved to do that but I think he wanted to keep the production more manageable. 300 is double what they did for AMH and I think he would rather grow his business slow and steady then have it balloon into something that's tougher to manage and assume more risk along the way.-Not to mention how long it would take to build that many games. I think it's just a matter of Spooky picking a theme with a lot of demand and getting a great artist behind it that put the demand far above what he was comfortable doing. It sounds like Rob would be on board if they wanted to do a sequel some day, so maybe that unquenched demand will be met?

#4092 4 years ago

I just posted this week about how I met someone who is purely a fan of RZ and doesn't even play pinball or know about Pinside who got in so I'm sure others did as well.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I doubt Rob would be willing to let another pin be made if barely any of his fans could actually buy a pin.

That's Rob's choice but if and when another pinball is made in his name it will likely be postmortem. FYI, I don't see a ton of requests for a Jimmy Hendrix or John Lennon pinball machine.

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

This does raise a good point. From what i've heard is that Rob was disappointed in two things. To him the pf looked sparse and now he is disappointed that nobody outside of pinside was able to get in on this game. The pinsiders love the pf, so the first complaint isn't as big a deal. But the second one is a pretty big problem
Is it really worth it to keep a pin so limited to 300 that you're going to make it harder to get cool licenses? I doubt Rob would be willing to let another pin be made if barely any of his fans could actually buy a pin.What I would do in the future would be to ask the people who bought the first two spooky machines and lock in their numbers, THEN I would add 300. With the current trend of hundreds of people from the previous game buying up every spot on the second game, the only real winner is Spooky. Lots of fans losing out.

Impossible to please everyone.

Bottom line is Spooky have to focus on the business first and not over promise and under deliver. 300 creates a true LE game and that is the number they feel they can make. Remember they are a start up and it is still going to take 18 months to make 300.

#4095 4 years ago

Impossible to please everyone.
Bottom line is Spooky have to focus on the business first and not over promise and under deliver. 300 creates a true LE game and that is the number they feel they can make. Remember they are a start up and it is still going to take 18 months to make 300.

Its literally possible to please a lot more than 300. the fact that spooky is a pinside retailer instead of a pinball retailer is something he needs to change. Its a shame that only pinsiders got the pin and barely any of those hard core fans that missed out. get rid of these "LE whysnow" numbers and crank that number up to 700

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its literally possible to please a lot more than 300. the fact that spooky is a pinside retailer instead of a pinball retailer is something he needs to change. Its a shame that only pinsiders got the pin and barely any of those hard core fans that missed out. get rid of these "LE whysnow" numbers and crank that number up to 700

Would be interested to know how many hard core fans would pay $6000 for a pinball table.

The bottom line is that Spooky chose a number that -

A. Would sell out as it was priced attractively and the number is limited and so collectible.

B. They are only a small business and have plans to make other games. 18 months is a long timeline as it is for just 300 games.

#4097 4 years ago

Would be interested to know how many hard core fans would pay $6000 for a pinball table.

Probably not that many.

Yeah Spooky committed to capping RZ build to 300, when the natural demand turned out to be 1000. Hate to say this to those hoping for a RZ sequel, but it won't happen. Sooner you realize, the sooner the healing will begin. Think about this, if you are building a pinball machine and pick RZ theme, you are going to design in as much and the best stuff you can think of. The most iconic images available are going to be picked. Ask yourself if Charlie could build another good RZ pin, if the best stuff has already used. He'll just move on to the next title, and which is how it should be.

Look, there are tons of good themes out there, and Charlie shouldn't be running out of good ones to consider. No need to recycle RZ. I want to see GODZILLA baby. Blue Oyster Cult belting out the title track. I know some are hurt they didn't get in and would like to have, but there are lots of other titles coming up and I guarantee some RZ's will pop up on now and then.

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The amount of demand from Rob Zombie fans/fanclub alone would have sold out all 300 games given the number of requests he received. He mentioned that Rob was disappointed that they were limited to only 300 games as pretty much all of his biggest fans were left out.-the games were sold out before they even knew about it. It sounds like there could be the possibility of a sequel RZ game sometime down the road to satisfy some of the excess demand but nothing is for certain and there are several games including Ben's which would be made before that time.

I don't buy it. Kiss has 100 times the fan base and there are a lot of LE's still available. The layout is also 100 times better. People who want a RZ will be able to get one.......It might cost them more than $6000, but there will be plenty available. Regarding RZ fans, this isn't a $40 Limited T-Shirt, this is a $6000 pin, aside from our community, there are not many that would pay.....Could I be wrong.....Sure, but I doubt it.

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I call Bullshit!! Kiss has 1000 times the fan base and there are a lot of LE's still available. People who want a RZ will be able to get one.......It might cost them more than $6000, but there will be plenty available. This isn't a $40 Limited T-Shirt, this is a $6000 pin, aside from our community, there are not many that would pay.....Could I be wrong, sure I could, but I doubt it.

I can't speak for Kiss (I just haven't followed the title all that closely), but I do know Metallica brought some new blood into pinball...Pinside had some new members out of the Metallica fan club that became collectors. Some post here pretty regularly.

#4100 4 years ago

I have to think 300 is what they are capable of building in 18-24 months. They don't want to spend three years making one machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside