Topic Stats

• 10,502 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by KingPinGames
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 211.
#4001 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The center ramp all but ruined Police Force. I have made a big effort to make that game playable and have a massive incentive to stay away from the ramp in the form of the giant yellow post rubbers.

I hear similar complaints about Mousin' Around. Tournament directors now started putting huge post rubbers in front of the center Mousin' ramp, or blocking it off entirely, and it suddenly became an incredible tournament game.

#4002 4 years ago

I would like to see more going on upper playfield. Couple switches. I am happy to be a part of this. Glad spooky cares. This should be great machine.

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can change adult setting to be
family voice/family vid
adult voice/family vid
family voice/ adult vid
adult voice/ adult vid

I have no kids of my own and I am strongly in favor a of the 4 options here. I have friends with children who love to play our machines but many are to young for Extreme Adult mode. I don't think it's a big deal, for just pick the settings that work best for you.

#4005 4 years ago

i have two girls that are 5 and 7. i really don't plan on playing this game when they are around. i will probably have it next to other games so side are won't be visible and it will have a dust cover at least over the glass. the back glass on the standard doesn't look too bad to me. am i missing something?

#4006 4 years ago

ok, took a good look at back glass. creepy. maybe i will need to cover that up too. lol

#4007 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah you're F ed.
I've got 3 girls, 21, 16 and 14. My man cave, pins and beer bottle vending machine is how i maintain sanity.

Quoted from dendoc:

This seems to be a surprising demographic for this game. Three girls at my place 6,9,12. Headphone kit mandatory as it will stay on adult mode. Lorenzo - get to work!

I've got you both beat with 4 girls 14, 14, 14, and 16. I definitely agree with iceman44's statement above regarding insanity.

#4008 4 years ago

I see your 4 girls, and I'll raise you 1 .........5 girls, AND 5 boys here.......and tons of their friends over quite often........needless to say I am a big fan of the family mode settings, especially the flipper button option. My Sopranos has been on family mode for years!

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I see your 4 girls, and I'll raise you 1 .........5 girls, AND 5 boys here.......and tons of their friends over quite often........needless to say I am a big fan of the family mode settings, especially the flipper button option. My Sopranos has been on family mode for years!

with that many kids how do you even afford pins

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Holy crap that's a lot. Are you in one of those Brady bunch type scenarios? Ours all came from a single womb. Our number 2 kid ended being number 2 and 3 and 4. My dog is a guy though so there is a little more testosterone to balance out all the estrogen.

#4011 4 years ago

What a great diverse group our little Rob Zombie family turns out to be!

image_(resized).jpg

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

This seems to be a surprising demographic for this game. Three girls at my place 6,9,12. Headphone kit mandatory as it will stay on adult mode. Lorenzo - get to work!

Tell Ben to add a extra audio out jack to his new board design. I'll pick it up from there

#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tell Ben to add a extra audio out jack to his new board design. I'll pick it up from there

Ben or Parker mentioned a few weeks ago that it would be possible to hook up an an aux audio connector. I forget the details, but it may need to be through the new expansion board. Bottom line is they will make it possible and I want a headphone jack too!

#4014 4 years ago

Prototypes have been ordered. The two protos will be red PCBs. I am taking suggestions for colors for the production run we can do anything besides black and white. Those are really hard colors to repair in the future if something bad happens.

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Prototypes have been ordered. The two protos will be red PCBs. I am taking suggestions for colors for the production run we can do anything besides black and white. Those are really hard colors to repair in the future if something bad happens.

Dark purple! Otherwise, standard green.

#4016 4 years ago

Do them in Red or Orange would be nice

#4017 4 years ago

Hey Parker,

Black and white are harder to repair, or harder to mask the repair job?

#4018 4 years ago

I like red. This is the Badger State after all

#4019 4 years ago

Red for the win

#4020 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Ben or Parker mentioned a few weeks ago that it would be possible to hook up an an aux audio connector. I forget the details, but it may need to be through the new expansion board. Bottom line is they will make it possible and I want a headphone jack too!

If they have a way I'll make the kits..

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Hey Parker,
Black and white are harder to repair, or harder to mask the repair job?

We ran black solder mask on a batch of production boards years ago and found it difficult to find production shorts between traces. It happens in fine pitch multi-layer boards. Green was much better but not as cool looking.

#4022 4 years ago

Deep blood red sound perfect

#4023 4 years ago

White with dripping blood red would be awesome.

#4024 4 years ago

Ok, been updating the game with suggestions I've seen on here the past few days.

I have the skillshot game info display working for when you hold both flippers.

What does everyone want to see? Ball# Player# Modes beaten?? Keep in mind there's only so many lines of text that can be shown. I can do multipages pages if need be.

#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Ok, been updating the game with suggestions I've seen on here the past few days.
What does everyone want to see? Ball# Player# Modes beaten?? Keep in mind there's only so many lines of text that can be shown. I can do multipages pages if need be.

Um ball and player but modes beaten would be nice too

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Playfield inserts show mode completion already, don't they? Ball and player number seem fine to me. Maybe current count of corpses too?

#4027 4 years ago

Woohoo!! A Rob Zombie pin will be at TPF in March. It is set in stone. The internet is never wrong.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2016-game-line-up/

#4028 4 years ago

If youre doing an instant info screen you'd probably also want the Corpse count, # of killer cards, and # of extra balls, and other stuff like that which you can page through.

#4029 4 years ago

Also, Fawzma I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into the game! I really like where you're going with it!

Gotta say that the modes you put in are both fun and unique and I like that some of them have continuation built in as well as great rewards (like multiball or video modes) for actually finishing them! A welcome change from some games where all the modes feel similar that you can time out. You're doing great and I appreciate that you're open to suggestions as well!

#4030 4 years ago

Any chance of the Rob Zombie pin being at Allentown in May?

#4031 4 years ago

Pink boards!

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

We ran black solder mask on a batch of production boards years ago and found it difficult to find production shorts between traces. It happens in fine pitch multi-layer boards. Green was much better but not as cool looking.

This. Red will work. I can try to get a darker red for production tho

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You could easily go from the 3.5mm connector on the PinHeck board to a switched 3.5mm panel connector that gets mounted to the front of the machine then back to the amp. Would need a N.C. 3.5mm TRS or something. I will look into an addon thing people can buy.

#4033 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Also, Fawzma I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into the game! I really like where you're going with it!

FawzmaGames, I also want to say thanks to you and also thanks to everyone providing great input. For lack of a better term " the perfect storm". small number of buyers, probably many on this thread and a programmer that is actively taking input and giving feedback while game is being programmed.
As a buyer I think it's FUCKING GREAT!! However, as a shitty player I have very little input on the food and the bad, but with all the great people giving great ideas and input I know I'm in good hands! #141 in FLA and I plan on driving to Benton and picking mine up. I just wonder what month it will be????

#4034 4 years ago

This. Red will work. I can try to get a darker red for production tho

You could easily go from the 3.5mm connector on the PinHeck board to a switched 3.5mm panel connector that gets mounted to the front of the machine then back to the amp. Would need a N.C. 3.5mm TRS or something. I will look into an addon thing people can buy.

On amh plugging a headphone directly into the 3.5mm jack on the cpu board, the level set from the factory doesn't provide enough power to run the headphones. Can that be increased?

If it can't be increased we would have to use a separate headphone amplifier built into the door like we did for the Jjp kit.

#4035 4 years ago

Tennessee Orange!

#4036 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

On amh plugging a headphone directly into the 3.5mm jack on the cpu board, the level set from the factory doesn't provide enough power to run the headphones. Can that be increased?
If it can't be increased we would have to use a separate headphone amplifier built into the door like we did for the Jjp kit.

Yeah we will need a separate amplifier for headphone. There is no amp on the PinHeck.

#4037 4 years ago

I am taking suggestions for colors for the production run

Burnt Orange of course my Longhorn brother! No need to ask for suggestions.

#4038 4 years ago

Everyone has seen red, green and blue.

Pink, fucia, puce, booger green, toriqoise, swirl, pee yellow. If you have options....go crazy.

#4039 4 years ago

This seems like a perfect application for a CMOY amplifier... 9V battery lasts a long time in those but wouldn't be hard to tap in somewhere, I'd imagine.

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

What a great diverse group our little Rob Zombie family turns out to be!

Silly question: am I able to join the RZ club knowing I don't have girls but two boys?
(now aged 21 and 18: unsurprisingly, a family friendly mode is not top priority here... Excuse my French)

#221.

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Woohoo!! A Rob Zombie pin will be at TPF in March. It is set in stone. The internet is never wrong.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2016-game-line-up/

Can anyone involved confirm this?

#4042 4 years ago

So last night at my local arcade we were having a party to celebrate their 4th anniversary in business. A new person shows up and is just kind of asking some questions about pinball playing, machine maintenance, and then specifically spooky pinball and if they are reputable. The owner of the arcade sends the gentleman my way since I have an AMH. Turns out the guy doesn't really play pinball, or at least hasn't until very recently, and this will be the first game he owns, he is just a huge Rob Zombie fan. Wasn't familiar with pinside, or the spooky pinball podcast, I should have asked how the hell he heard about the game. His # was in the late 200's, but it just amazed me that someone that wasn't massively into pinball knew about the title and got in on it so early. Anyway I thought it was an interesting adventure, turns out there will be at least 2 Rob Zombies in the town of Lafayette, IN and mine will be going on location for at least a little bit at Main Street Amusements whenever it arrives (Spooky you should perhaps organize a trophy of sorts for public location launch tournaments, similar to how Stern does upon releasing a new title), and I know for sure that makes at least 4 RZ coming to the state of Indiana. Hopefully by next year the code will be at a point where tournament mode is solid enough for it to be used in the IFPA State Championships as I think its great to throw in those unexpected titles that will kick a player's ass and make the whole tourney run faster. Anyway team Spooky keep up the great work.

#4043 4 years ago

.. I'll take the gold boards with white lettering with a yellow jacket added in the corner - #GeorgiaTech not the red boards with black lettering and ugly dog #UGA.

However, red boards without UGA logo are just fine too.

#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

it just amazed me that someone that wasn't massively into pinball knew about the title and got in on it so early.

I think MANY people dropped out when the $ were due. A pinside guy was WAY late (Sept. or Oct.)getting on the list as he somehow missed the announcement and also was able to get one. I'm sure this guy saw it on Zombie's website. Is still surprising a non pinball person was able to get one. Good though.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I think MANY people dropped out when the $ were due. A pinside guy was WAY late (Sept. or Oct.)getting on the list as he somehow missed the announcement and also was able to get one. I'm sure this guy saw it on Zombie's website. Is still surprising a non pinball person was able to get one. Good though.

according to spooky very FEW actually dropped out. I think Day 1 people on the list filled it to 300 and then it was much slower after that as many thought there was not a chance. A few days after the news dropped on pinball related sites it became public to zombie fans. Glad a few of them got in.

I heard 130 out of 150 AMH owners bought in which is great also! That is a testament to how happy the AMH owners are with their games and their contniueed belief in team Spooky.

I originally got my name in right away as to protect the 'option'. After playing when I picked up AMH last month it solidified everything for me.

Now the continueed code developmemnt and commitiment to tweak when hands on feedback comes in is the cherry on top!

#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Yeah I remember Rob shared it online, so I'm guessing it hit his twitter, facebook, website etc....allowing fans to get in which is cool, I'm sure it will lead them to being fans of pinball as well. Just didn't expect to find it in my little town. Be cool to get them both in one place sometime and have people battle it out.

#4047 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Everyone has seen red, green and blue.
Pink, fucia, puce, booger green, toriqoise, swirl, pee yellow. If you have options....go crazy.

Yeah I think swirl would be wild

Black and Red Splatter would be awesome, or swirl

Like how some vinyl looks

$(KGrHqR,!qIFHw5jZWpHBSE0uU2NEQ~~60_35_(resized).jpg

greenblackswirl_(resized).jpg

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I heard 130 out of 150 AMH owners bought in which is great also! That is a testament to how happy the AMH owners are with their games and their contniueed belief in team Spooky.

+1

I am not a huge Rob Zombie fan, but I am a huge fan of the pinball machines, and company that Charlie and his team have created. My AMH has become the go to game in my arcade. If another company was making the RZ pin I probably wouldn't be buying it. Actually I was really wanting this title to be Alice Cooper.....hopefully next one!

#4049 4 years ago

I doubt this is true. If it is, a mistake was made. I know someone who didn't get one and inquired in July.

Quoted from PinballKen:

A pinside guy was WAY late (Sept. or Oct.)getting on the list as he somehow missed the announcement and also was able to get one.

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I remember Rob shared it online, so I'm guessing it hit his twitter, facebook, website etc....allowing fans to get in which is cool, I'm sure it will lead them to being fans of pinball as well. Just didn't expect to find it in my little town. Be cool to get them both in one place sometime and have people battle it out.

Glad to hear there will be 1 to play in Indiana. I haven't been to MSA yet, but a friend of mine says it's awesome. An RZ pin will force me to go. Thanks for that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10502 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside