Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 210.
#3951 3 years ago

I also like the idea of different options for the adult levels. I have 3 girls under 13 in my house. I hope I will be able to keep this pin and still enjoy it. I am a fairly liberal parent but really crude sexual / violent content and language I would have to turn off with them - perhaps those can be only included in the "extreme" adult setting but the high setting keeps everything else? I don't know but the more options, the better IMO. I like the family setting on my METLE where it still says "fry the mother-beep- er". I know what it says and can pretend my kids don't--- haha

#3952 3 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

It seems like the mode timer shouldnt start the countdown until the ball leaves the upper playfield. There was a lot of "let it drain off the upper playfield because the timer is going!"

Noted

#3953 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

CraZyMuffin said:
It seems like the mode timer shouldnt start the countdown until the ball leaves the upper playfield. There was a lot of "let it drain off the upper playfield because the timer is going!"

On the other hand, that means people don't dick around on the UP for small points: it could go either way. Maybe correct to just disable the upper flipper sometimes to get people to do the Fun Thing (play the mode). Hard to know without playing it both ways.

Re: Instant Info. Many recent sterns are quite bad at giving you all the players' scores. Do better than them

Re: Score balancing---House of 1k corpses is six shots to start, and then you get 100mil points for batting the ball around. Modes seem like 10 million, tops, for again about six shots (in single-ball play). Once the code is closer to finished, it'd be great to get it into the hands of a serious "pro" who can go through the various modes and so on and try to get the numbers close for risk vs. reward on the various modes and multiballs. I think that's one of Lyman's--and Keefer's--big strengths, getting the various paths through the game close in value, and that's partly because of their playskill. Lyman often has to go back to games and fiddle with the scoring a bit as strategies evolve and people lean things, but getting them close enough to make it worth thinking about is certainly possible.

#3954 3 years ago

I'm on the side of people who favor the timer actually counting down up there. I'd rather just let it go and get to playing the modes rather than flipping it around up there for small points. It's just more fun to have the ball in the main playfield where it's actually in dagner, rather than being in the risk free upper playfield.

#3955 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm on the side of people who favor the timer actually counting down up there. I'd rather just let it go and get to playing the modes rather than flipping it around up there for small points. It's just more fun to have the ball in the main playfield where it's actually in dagner, rather than being in the risk free upper playfield.

I don't want to seem like a flip flopper. My original intent was to force people out of there and get the mode going.

What I could do instead is; if you complete the switches, you get something added to the mode of some sort + resets your time.

#3956 3 years ago

I think there are lots of fun ways you can incorporate the upper playfield or opt to reward letting it drain.

You are on the right track IMO.

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

My original intent was to force people out of there and get the mode going.

That should be the way to go. Most people I know prefer to spend time on a main playfield rather than a mini playfield. It just gets boring flipping around an area with so few targets that just returns your ball safely to you when you drain, rather than actually being a ball drain.

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What I could do instead is; if you complete the switches, you get something added to the mode of some sort + resets your time.

Something like this sounds good as a risk/reward route. Even if it's generally best to just let it drain (only having a small UP bonus), if the ball is going to pass through the UP, it may be nice to know that it's at least possible to get some value out of it if the player chooses to risk time loss.

EDIT: Though ultimately I agree with waiting on certain code changes until players have had hands on experience.

#3959 3 years ago

PinHeck REV7 has entered preliminary stages of prototyping. Now I get to start to work on the test jig for the board

Untitled_(resized).png

#3960 3 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

PinHeck REV7 has entered preliminary stages of prototyping.

Congrats man. Having your own hardware architecture isn't always the easiest path, but it lets you control costs and features like nothing else. Spooky having that is a real advantage since you're willing to put all this work into it.

#3961 3 years ago

Finally got to watch the Deadflip video on YouTube. Really liking this game more and more. It looks brutal for sure and I get the feel it's gonna be one of those games where I keep saying" just one more game". Sounds like there are a few more things they have planned yet to be revealed.....can't wait!!!!

#3962 3 years ago

RE code updates, they will be much easier on this than AMH.

Basically make the SD card, then stick it in the game and wait about 4 minutes.

#3963 3 years ago

Ben, will code updates be Mac friendly?

#3964 3 years ago

PinHeck REV7 has entered preliminary stages of prototyping. Now I get to start to work on the test jig for the board

Untitled_(resized).png

Is this board going to be in rob zombie? Is their going to be an option for a shaker motor or real knocker in rob zombie?

#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I also like the idea of different options for the adult levels. I have 3 girls under 13 in my house. I hope I will be able to keep this pin and still enjoy it. I am a fairly liberal parent but really crude sexual / violent content and language I would have to turn off with them - perhaps those can be only included in the "extreme" adult setting but the high setting keeps everything else? I don't know but the more options, the better IMO. I like the family setting on my METLE where it still says "fry the mother-beep- er". I know what it says and can pretend my kids don't--- haha

You can play mine on extreme adult level

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I don't want to seem like a flip flopper. My original intent was to force people out of there and get the mode going.

That sounds like a good compromise with mini play field. But maybe leave some modes where you are best to let ball drain straight out to mix it up a bit. Would be good if there was a call out linked to each mode weather your required to play or drain.

From what I've seen so far. You've done a great job, David. looking forward to seeing completed code in game. Thanks for being open to suggestions, it's what makes Spooky stand out from the rest. Cheers

#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I'm sorry

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I have 3 girls under 13 in my house. I hope I will be able to keep this pin and still enjoy it.

Yeah you're F ed.

I've got 3 girls, 21, 16 and 14. My man cave, pins and beer bottle vending machine is how i maintain sanity.

#3969 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Ben, will code updates be Mac friendly?

Yes. REV7 will work with Macs since you won't be plugging your computer into the board to update it. You can but we now have an update method that just involves dumping the new file on the SD card. We never could figure out why REV5 never liked Macs. The hardware was the exact same as the development kit and the same low level firmware on the FT232 (USB->UART) and it still failed on Macs. Linux seemed to be fine.

Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is this board going to be in rob zombie? Is their going to be an option for a shaker motor or real knocker in rob zombie?

Yes this is the RZ board set. It has a shaker motor and a knocker connector. Whether it gets into the code is up to Fawzma. You could add a real knocker to AMH as well with a little bit of code kungfu

#3970 3 years ago

We never could figure out why REV5 never liked Macs

I think you need to get a PID added to FTDI bundle so Mac know what its looking at. something you work out with chipkit or something. There are also configuration settings that I have no interest in messing with related to FTDI.

Almost like the chip you are using isn't recognized as an OEM type device.

#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think you need to get a PID added to FTDI bundle so Mac know what its looking at. something you work out with chipkit or something. There are also configuration settings that I have no interest in messing with related to FTDI.
Almost like the chip you are using isn't recognized as an OEM type device.

It was recognized as a standard FTDI uart on PC and Linux. There is a program called FT_Prog that allows you to look at all the meta data on the eeprom and set PIDs ect. The settings on the chipkit was the same as a stock FT232.

#3972 3 years ago

Sounds like this game is in really good hands. Really excited for this game. Spooky putting jjp to shame on how to start a pinball company.

#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah you're F ed.
I've got 3 girls, 21, 16 and 14. My man cave, pins and beer bottle vending machine is how i maintain sanity.

This seems to be a surprising demographic for this game. Three girls at my place 6,9,12. Headphone kit mandatory as it will stay on adult mode. Lorenzo - get to work!

#3974 3 years ago

anyone wanna car pool to WI?

After the stream I can stop thinking about how much I just want to play it

my car sucks and I won't trust it but I'll cover gas.

If gas stays this cheap when my game is done, I'll spend more on tolls then fuel picking it up.

oh and with the board you should...

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

This seems to be a surprising demographic for this game. Three girls at my place 6,9,12. Headphone kit mandatory as it will stay on adult mode. Lorenzo - get to work!

Haha! Your girls are almost same ages as mine. Yes please can we get a headphone jack?? I mean how hard can that be?

#3976 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

A headphone jack would only solve half the issue. Would be ideal to have separate modesty/adult settings for both sound and DMD animations.

#3977 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

A headphone jack would only solve half the issue. Would be ideal to have separate modesty/adult settings for both sound and DMD animations.

That doesn't make sense if the screen and the sound calls don't match up on all modes, and that would be a lot to ask.

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That doesn't make sense if the screen and the sound calls don't match up on all modes, and that would be a lot to ask.

Yeah, if people can't spare the adult in their house then they shouldn't have the adult. Plus there's always the adult mode flipper code thing being implemented. Have your headphone jack there sure, but just only turn it into adult mode when the kids aren't around.

#3979 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I don't know what are the plans for this pin but censoring is typically straight forward. For nudity, the DMD can have same animations, except clothed, and curse words are commonly replaced in music for radio edits.

#3980 3 years ago

DMD animations are not a concern. They don't tend to stand and watch the game when someone else is playing - they are usually on the arcade game or driving machine. It's just the random F bombs that would be yelled out (which I think is great and appropriate for this game) that would make them think their mother was trying to get them do some housework/homework!

#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I can change adult setting to be

family voice/family vid
adult voice/family vid
family voice/ adult vid
adult voice/ adult vid

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

that would make them think their mother was trying to get them do some housework/homework!

too funny

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

family voice/family vid
adult voice/family vid
family voice/ adult vid
adult voice/ adult vid

that is pretty sweet!

#3984 3 years ago

I like the idea of using the internal clock to switch back to adult mode based on time....especially when I forget to change things back and the wife arranges an early kid playdate before I get home .

-c

#3985 3 years ago

Out of 300 games, I'm thinking there are less than 5 people that actually use/need/want this:

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

family voice/family vid
adult voice/family vid
family voice/ adult vid
adult voice/ adult vid

In terms of the mini playfield, I think it should do something if the ball pops up there. Trying to explain to new pinball people that they should let it drain, or watching them hit the ball over and over at nothing are both bad options. I can't think of another game that launches the ball to a dead mini playfield where nothing scores. You could disable the flipper, but then non pinball people will think the game is broken. If the ball is going to the mini, it should do something.

#3986 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You could disable the flipper, but then non pinball people will think the game is broken. If the ball is going to the mini, it should do something.

It could be neat if starting certain modes would cause a lightshow and DMD animation of something disabling the flipper (while laughing) to force a drain, as if the game is attacking you.

#3987 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You could disable the flipper, but then non pinball people will think the game is broken.

what about for some modes having the mini playfield flipper enabled but only for X flips?

I always liek the idea of a choice for when you start a particular mode or avoid it. It brings in a bit more RPG style ot pinball if you can 'earn' flipper pulses on the main playfield before starting a mini-playfield mode.

For eaxmple the ramp could be a good feature to award mini-flipper pulses. Each ramp shot = 1 more pulse. Start with 3 pulses on each game and ability to add up to X. Then you learn to pick and choose when to use the upper or not.

Code can really do some great things with the mini pf.

You could also use combo shots to add to mini flipper pulse count.

#3988 3 years ago

oh, another mini pf thing that could be cool.

Have a mini pf mode where is flips back and forth which flipper button controls/pulses the mini flipper. First pulse with left, next pulse with right, back, and forth. May need to make it so double flipping disables the mini pulse so people dont just cheat it.

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Out of 300 games, I'm thinking there are less than 5 people that actually use/need/want this:

Then you would likely be surprised at the number of owners who have kids, or will have kids visit at some point. Metallica has settings for both "Adult Content" and "Insult Level" even though there are no adult DMD animations, and GNR has a "Modesty Setting" for just the match animation.

#3990 3 years ago

Why not just have the upper pf give you an extra second on the mode per Spalding hit but once it maxes at say 10 the timer starts timing down with an appropriate dmd warning. That way you can play the upper to gain a few secs for your mode but at some point you're penalized if you play too long. And no points are involved just time.

#3991 3 years ago

What it comes down to is parents being a little too over protective and making sure kids grow up in safe space PC environments.

#3992 3 years ago

I wasn't referring to the need for a family mode. A family mode is a must. However, 99% of all pinball machines I see don't have headphone jacks. Realistically, how many people have this game, and have a headphone jack, and want to hear adult audio with family DMD dots?

There are better uses of the coders time.

Quoted from Baiter:

Then you would likely be surprised at the number of owners who have kids, or will have kids visit at some point. Metallica has settings for both "Adult Content" and "Insult Level" even though there are no adult DMD animations, and GNR has a "Modesty Setting" for just the match animation.

#3993 3 years ago

This is an adult game and is marketed as such. Family mode is good though.

On this note, where are the ' there will be plenty tits and ass' ? Only balls so far

#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What it comes down to is parents being a little too over protective and making sure kids grow up in safe space PC environments.

Or, parents like to make their own choices about what they display in their houses, and how they raise their own children. Not to mention what they expose other small children to who visit and play games to.

When I have a garage full of Girl Scouts or 7 and 8 year old soccer girls then yeah, I turn Metallica's adult language off. If nothing else than out of respect for their parents.

I don't see how it's a big deal, the programmer is here offering a solution that should make everyone happy, feel free to not use any of it.

#3995 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is an adult game and is marketed as such. Family mode is good though.
On this note, where are the ' there will be plenty tits and ass' ? Only balls so far

Its being addressed lol

#3996 3 years ago

I hope we will be hearing the Sheri/Baby maniacal laugh.

#3997 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Its being addressed lol

I vote less huevos

#3998 3 years ago

This is crazy in a brilliant way - for those who haven't seen it, fast forward to 1 hour 41 minutes and watch the 8 ball multiball - awesome!

#3999 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I vote less huevos

+1

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Ben mentioned wanting there to be something that accumulates on the ramp if you hit it not during a mode, but please if you do add that make it really low value. Don't want there to be any incentive what-so-ever to just loop the ramp all day. As it is already with the Chop ball save I feel like it might be too center ramp heavy (loop ramp 4 times, play for free during ball save, loop ramp 4 times, etc.)

The center ramp all but ruined Police Force. I have made a big effort to make that game playable and have a massive incentive to stay away from the ramp in the form of the giant yellow post rubbers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside